IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

John Lennon, my Inspiration

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Never was keen on New Model Army. The Valley Vegan.................... Olivers Army is here to staaaaaaaayMichael Benis <michaelbenis wrote: I have to run, about to leave to go teaching over the weekend. Complete mess on my part about Civil War and revolution. Wonderful example of ethnocentricity. Was thinking English Civil War (following on from your mention of the Levellers) and French Revolution. Sorry for the confusion. Agree with some "not objectification" comments - but think it's very borderline (and apart from anything else just depends on the definition , but it certainly stops one treating individuals as such - we're

always "filtering" each other. Its because there are so many borderlines and filters that I'm not sure the clear-cut categories/definitions are that useful apart from for convenience (it's another way of treating non-physical problems as if they were physical objects) - maybe the movements across and between them tells as much as the "object labels". Cheers Mike PPS If you're ever over in the UK, look me up. On Behalf Of Peter Kebbell09 June 2006 09:57 Subject: Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration Hi Michael I'm gonna have to delete some of this as I don't have time to do the whole lot, but I'll just get rid of the bits where we're insulting each other ;-) >But I would be intrigued to hear how you think objectification could

occur > without stereotyping. >This is much more intersting. The problem is that people who went to make change, found > themselves repeating so much of what they thought they'd left behind them. The problem with > people in

power isn't them, it's all of us who "legitimate" them. I agree - but when they control the main sources of our information, it's hard to get people to think in any other way about them, let alone anything else! >Do you mean stereotyping as in creating a fixed image or as in polarities? Well, polarities is a whol other subject which is very interesting, but I'd rather not get into right now! >I mean objectification in terms of relating to a part of a whole as if it were that whole and vice > versa. Or of equating a

stimulus with desire. I think of objectification as observing people as objects - as commodities, rather than as individuals worthy of respect. That's not the same thing as equating stimulus with desire. > They watch for the person that enables this to happen. There is a risk that every person they

> meet is obectified in terms of can they/can't they make this happen. Someone may fall in > love with someone they believe who can make this happen - sexually or not sexually - and > continue to see that person as an object. I don't see that as objectification. Everyone has some sort of subconscious "list" of what they like in other people, be that friends, colleagues, family or lovers - that doesn't mean that they consciously compare everyone they meet to that list, and "mark" the person out of 10 accordingly. >I'm not sure that's stereotyping really, but it's certainly objectification. I disagree - it's neither. >A lot of poeple really thought the world would change totally with the civil war, the revolution, > the end of the V war, communes and the alternativer society, feminist radicalism. Terms like "civil war" are a bit difficult, as I'm not sure which country you're in - I guess the mention of "the revolution" makes it America? So, on that basis, both the American Civil War and American Independence had a *huge* impact on the world, as has radical feminism. I have no idea what the V war is - I'm guessing that we have a different name for it in the UK. Communes have rarely attempted to change the world for anyone other than those involved - it's an alternative way of life to capitalism, which some people prefer. Although, the mayor of Stirling did make the statement that our society could learn a lot from the way that the Eco-Village at the G8 was run, so maybe there is some small impact starting to occur....

> They really believed their analyses were for all time, not just their time. I think that is often a problem with ideologies. > The problem is how to deal with that limitation. How to live change even if you don't totally > change everything, especially in yourself and all at once. It's a bit like the dialogue we are >having, (and again it's my interperetation and hopefully you won't label me because of it) in > that you seem to believe that we can achieve an understanding for all time by understanding > the labels and therefore completely free ourselves of any objectification/-ism, whereas I > suspect we'll find that's just another understanding of one time - and possibly even an old > understanding reunderstood (repeating the same

mistake). I believe we can start down a path to a more genuinely egalitarian society by challenging the labels. I have no idea where that path will lead, or what society will look like if / when these changes in thinking occur. I know how I would like to see the world run, but I'm also aware that there is no perfect solution for the imperfections of our species.... >Just bang on at me. I'll dig up some specific examples, names of works (lousy at > remembering that) etc. Will do. >Maybe. One of the difficulties is that there aren't any neat divisions. We can't separate sex > from love as in romantic love, from love as in caring, from the construction of identify, from > hierarchy, from power games, from etc. etc I think the problem is that sex has become something "dirty" in our society. Something that adults are embarassed to discuss with their children, thereby making it appear "naughty" and "wrong". I think that rather than attempting to seperate sex from all those things you mention, we would be better served by seperating it from the stigma that it has been given, firstly by Christianity, and enhanced by Victorian values.... BB Peter Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Far be it for me to stick up for anyone, but whats wrong with 3 chord wonders? most of the blues is 3 chords, which lead to rock`n`roll and on and on ad finitum.Every genre has 3 chord songs, so I dont see how you can decry them per say? P.S. I always thought B.B. stood for big brother! Blessings back at ya The Valley Vegan......................Michael Benis <michaelbenis wrote: It doesn't have to be complex to be good - that goes for music as much as for ideas.... :-) On Behalf Of Peter Kebbell09 June 2006 10:05 Subject: Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration Hi Colin > jealous guy could'n't have been written by an average song writer only by a musical genius > with fantastic depth. Most of Lennon's material is three chord songs. I was writing that sort of stuff when I was 12. As someone once said, Tony Clarkin could have knocked out a whole Beatles album in his lunch hour... BB Peter Peter H

Guest guest

Strange thing is, a lot of musicians I have listened to produced/played better when on something or other, e.g. Clapton, the guy was awsome.....now he dresses like a banker, plays white mans blues as though he couldnt care less, and supports the countryside alliance? Dont think that I am advocating drugs coz I aint, I couldnt play when I was pissed let alone stoned............. The Valley Vegan.............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Michael >Well, I'll go with that, but is it necessarily a bad thing to briefly >experience another perspective? I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, but I do wonder why people find it necessary to take drugs to

experience that perspective when it's so easy to do it through ecstatic meditation techniques... and, since you still have a certain amount of control with those techniques, you can actually interact in that different perspective, rather than watch from afar :-) BB Peter Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>Far be it for me to stick up for anyone, but whats wrong with 3 chord wonders? most of the blues is 3 chords, which lead

> to rock`n`roll and on and on ad finitum.Every genre has 3 chord songs, so I dont see how you can decry them per say?

I didn't say anything was "wrong" with it - I just said that it doesn't take a great deal of imagination to write. The quality of a three chord song is much more to do with performance than writing...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

You don't need drugs to do that.

Jo

-

" Michael Benis " <michaelbenis

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:59 AM

RE: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

> Well, I'll go with that, but is it necessarily a bad thing to briefly

> experience another perspective?

>

Guest guest

Now you`ve totally lost me now? am I too stupid for this thread or what............. Duh.......... Dribbles............. The Valley Vegan..................Colin Sky <colinsky wrote: so, I am a loud mouth hispanic girl, with some jewish instruction. do they have those in wales or england? i wish they had them here in nz... peace colin - Anouk Sickler Thursday, June 08, 2006 6:49 PM Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>Strange thing is, a lot of musicians I have listened to produced/played better when on something or other, e.g. Clapton, the

> guy was awsome.....now he dresses like a banker, plays white mans blues as though he couldnt care less, and supports the

> countryside alliance?

I have to say that I reckon Clapton is about the most overrated guitarist ever. I've never heard anything particularly special in the way he plays, unlike a whole load of other guitarists who play in a similar style.

About the only musician I can think of who played particularly well while high is Jimi Hendrix - but I have no idea what he'd have been like when clean.

Just look at what happened to Metallica when they started getting high on stage - their shows plummeted in quality...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

of course metallic also went from being into the music into being businessmen as well

Peter Jun 9, 2006 1:35 PM Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

Hi Peter

>Strange thing is, a lot of musicians I have listened to produced/played better when on something or other, e.g. Clapton, the

> guy was awsome.....now he dresses like a banker, plays white mans blues as though he couldnt care less, and supports the

> countryside alliance?

I have to say that I reckon Clapton is about the most overrated guitarist ever. I've never heard anything particularly special in the way he plays, unlike a whole load of other guitarists who play in a similar style.

About the only musician I can think of who played particularly well while high is Jimi Hendrix - but I have no idea what he'd have been like when clean.

Just look at what happened to Metallica when they started getting high on stage - their shows plummeted in quality...

BB

Peter

I don't wanna be no war hero

Don't want a movie made about me

Just get away from the madness I see

Guest guest

Hi Jo

I was thinking the very same thing! Not to mention when there is no

argument, there are just attacks and insults.

BB

Nikki

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork

wrote:

>

> It is too difficult to argue with someone when they keep changing

> their argument. I think you are 'discussing for discussions sake'.

>

> Jo

>

> , " Michael Benis " <michaelbenis@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Oh dear!

> >

> > Admonition instead of discussion...

> >

Guest guest

I haven't bothered to read all this Michael. The fact is that you seem to

argue one way, and then change your mind. The put downs have been equally

given out, so you have no cause for complaint.

Jo

-

" Michael Benis " <michaelbenis

Friday, June 09, 2006 10:43 AM

Well then, let's stop it. There's no point carrying on this way.

Frankly, I find it sad that you and Peter are going for the ad hominem

put-downs and telling me what I should and shouldn't do, that I'm twisting

arguments, or that I'm discussing for discussion's sake, or that I'm

engaging in power-play. What is that itself if not power play and twisting

the argument? I find it especially strange since the serious exchange

started in response to Peter writing that he, as a feminist activist found

it offensive to him that anyone should call Lennon a feminist: right from

the start there we were with the labels, the use of " offensive " to attack

but not exchange views (as if the problem of the offensiveness always lies

in who is " causing " the offence and not who is " finding " it) and a bid to

control the discourse and its language. I didn't raise all that, I reckoned

he was just irritated and I wanted to know more about where he was coming

from and to discuss what I thought we both care about.

Anyway, so now you write you want the discussion to end. These are the

patterns of behaviour that caused much communication to break down in the

European feminist, radical and anarchist circles in the seventies and early

eighties.

Equally, I know that the gay and bi community, who go through some real hard

work in their own identity, and the radical feminists and the separatists

and the " new men " of the seventies, all were no less engaged in challenging

our inherited " stereotypes " , assumptions and labels, nor - despite Butler's

assertions - was the reification of gender relations she identifies as

widespread as she claims. In fact it was because it wasn't that she was able

to write what she did. We believed, as Peter does and you yourself as far as

I can gather (mainly from your posts about mistakes), that we could access

wrong and right utterly, here and now, but then we found that so much of how

were relating was what we'd hope to leave behind - that we were still

hurting and distorting each other in the " old " ways.

Mind Games. Lennon didn't invent it the perception or the label, he just

came up with a song. That doesn't mean we all stopped changing or that we

stopped bringing this out into a political/activist arena, but it does mean

that our take on " mistakes " changed - not because we accepted them, but

because we still wanted to change. Even if you take a look at what Lennon

was having problems with after Sean's birth, which you referred to very

critically in one of your posts, that's where some of the difficulty was.

How do you make something beautiful for your kids when so much of who you

are and how you feel and behave comes from or is what you want to change?

Lot's of people get depressed in this situation. It's bit self-centred,

sure, when the kid needs you, but they know that, too. Why do you think they

find it depressing?

I don't find it helpful to judge these situations the way you and Peter have

been judging Lennon or me.

So I don't find an us and them on man/feminist man, pre-Butler/post-Butler

feminists etc. helpful or convincing either - especially if one is talking

about going beyond " stereotypes " . I prefer to try explore things, even if it

means I can go on and on and on....

At least Lennon didn't go for any " us and them " labelling: in Woman is the

Nigger of the World, it's all " we " - he doesn't portray himself as some

feminist man who's not got any problems any more, he's asking " why am I

doing this to the people I love? these things that are hurtful and

manipulative and absurd? "

Anyway, let's leave it there.... Sorry you think it's discussion for

discussion's sake...

Mike

On

Behalf Of heartwerk

09 June 2006 08:10

Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

It is too difficult to argue with someone when they keep changing their

argument. I think you are 'discussing for discussions sake'.

Jo

, " Michael Benis " <michaelbenis

wrote:

>

> Oh dear!

>

> Admonition instead of discussion...

>

> _____

>

>

On

> Behalf Of jo

> 08 June 2006 20:53

>

> Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

>

>

> It would be better not to try to turn around your arguments Michael.

>

> Jo

>

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

Thanks.

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:54 PM

Hi Jo

I agree completely and that is even before meeting Peter and just

talking with him.

What gets me is where Michael says :

>What I was really saying to Peter as he came in crusading against

JL as a

> male feminist knight in shining armour was: you may want to

think twice

> about chucking stones and pointing fingers.

>

As if Peter were saying what he says just to make brownie points or

something. That may not be what he means, but it sounds sexist to

me. It is also quite judgemental seeing as he does not know Peter at

all.

BB

Nikki

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Michael

>

> It may be difficult for you to understand, but if you had met

Peter, you would.

>

> Jo

>

> -

> Michael Benis

>

> Wednesday, June 07, 2006 2:33 PM

> RE: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

>

>

>

> What I was really saying to Peter as he came in crusading

against JL as a

> male feminist knight in shining armour was: you may want to

think twice

> about chucking stones and pointing fingers.

>

> That's aside from getting his facts right.

>

> In fact the whole message came over as clichéd polemic and an ad

for his own

> righteous feminism.

>

> As for the " you have proved " ... I'm afraid I think that's far too

> simplistic. As is the idea that you suddenly stop being sexist

because you

> say you're a feminist. Sexual politics and the politics of

identity is a

> long haul life change, not a revelation on the road to Damascus,

but many

> over the course of many years, some of which we don't even

notice at them

> time. That's certainly how it's been for me. I certainly wanted

to believe I

> was already as pure as the driven snow when I first started

thinking and

> talking about this stuff years ago, but then found I had a lot

more to learn

> about myself - and I sure as hell don't think I've got " there "

yet.

>

>

> We Made Changes

> Your email is all new.

>

> Learn More

>

>

> Share Feedback

>

> Recent Activity

> a.. 4New Members

> Visit Your Group

>

Guest guest

Well I'll join in too - cos it sounds like fun.

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Friday, June 09, 2006 5:57 PM

> LOL - lights lighter and sways with Fraggle

>

> Nikki :)

>

>

> RE: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

>

>

> all we are saying...

> is give me some beer....

> *rocks from side to side*

>

>

>

>

>

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Michael,

> PPS If you're ever over in the UK, look me up.

Well that is perfect, he is! Perhaps you two could meet for coffee

sometime and get it all done at once. :)

Nikki

Guest guest

I don't think anyone says they are not good. I suppose it is like comparing the simnple and the difficult in other things - cooking a simple meal of veggie burger, mash and peas or making a complicated gourmet meal. The veggie burger is pleasant and has its own merits but not necessarily clever.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:20 PM

Far be it for me to stick up for anyone, but whats wrong with 3 chord wonders? most of the blues is 3 chords, which lead to rock`n`roll and on and on ad finitum.Every genre has 3 chord songs, so I dont see how you can decry them per say?

P.S. I always thought B.B. stood for big brother!

Blessings back at ya

The Valley Vegan......................Michael Benis <michaelbenis wrote:

It doesn't have to be complex to be good - that goes for music as much as for ideas.... :-)

On Behalf Of Peter Kebbell09 June 2006 10:05 Subject: Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

Hi Colin

> jealous guy could'n't have been written by an average song writer only by a musical genius

> with fantastic depth.

Most of Lennon's material is three chord songs. I was writing that sort of stuff when I was 12. As someone once said, Tony Clarkin could have knocked out a whole Beatles album in his lunch hour...

BB

Peter

Peter H

Guest guest

Was he drugged when he wrote his songs or performed them on stage?

From people I know they love to say they on drugs all the time and when you find out the truth they are on drugs only some of the time - so it could be that their talent is better when undrugged than drugged.

I saw Metallica many times. The time they played their worst they were all totally drunk, and did not play well at all. They enjoyed themselves and thought they were well on form, but they weren't. I've seen Dragonforce three times - the first and last they weren't drunk and they were excellent. The middle time they were drunk, and the vocalist didn't get all the top notes etc. and they were not as tight (musically) as normal. They thought they were brilliant that time.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:26 PM

Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

Strange thing is, a lot of musicians I have listened to produced/played better when on something or other, e.g. Clapton, the guy was awsome.....now he dresses like a banker, plays white mans blues as though he couldnt care less, and supports the countryside alliance?

Dont think that I am advocating drugs coz I aint, I couldnt play when I was pissed let alone stoned.............

The Valley Vegan.............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Michael

>Well, I'll go with that, but is it necessarily a bad thing to briefly

>experience another perspective?

I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, but I do wonder why people find it necessary to take drugs to experience that perspective when it's so easy to do it through ecstatic meditation techniques... and, since you still have a certain amount of control with those techniques, you can actually interact in that different perspective, rather than watch from afar :-)

BB

Peter

Peter H

Guest guest

Yep he was a heroin addict and off his face when he did the live album, probably most of the time he was with Cream too,dont know about earlier with John Mayall or the Yardbirds, I doubt it. The Valley Vegan................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Was he drugged when he wrote his songs or performed them on stage? From people I know they love to say they on drugs all the time and when you find out the truth they are on drugs only some of the time - so it could be that their talent is better when undrugged than drugged. I saw Metallica many times. The time they played their worst they were all totally drunk, and did not play well at all. They enjoyed themselves and thought they were well on form, but they weren't. I've seen Dragonforce three times - the first and last they weren't drunk and they were excellent. The middle time they were drunk, and the vocalist didn't get all the top notes etc. and they were not as tight (musically) as normal. They thought they were brilliant that time. Jo - peter VV Friday, June 09, 2006 6:26 PM Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration Strange thing is, a lot of musicians I have listened to produced/played better when on something or other, e.g. Clapton, the guy was awsome.....now he dresses like a banker, plays white mans blues as though he couldnt care less, and supports the countryside alliance? Dont think that I am advocating drugs coz I aint, I couldnt play when I was pissed let alone stoned............. The Valley Vegan.............Peter Kebbell

<metalscarab wrote: Hi Michael >Well, I'll go with that, but is it necessarily a bad thing to briefly >experience another perspective? I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, but I do wonder why people find it necessary to take drugs to experience that perspective when it's so easy to do it through ecstatic meditation techniques... and, since you still have a certain amount of control with those techniques, you can actually interact in that different perspective, rather than watch from afar :-) BB Peter Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Guest guest

Sorry, I must have misinterperated his tone when he said "I WAS WRITING STUFF LIKE THAT WHEN i WAS 12" The valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I don't think anyone says they are not good. I suppose it is like comparing the simnple and the difficult in other things - cooking a simple meal of veggie burger, mash and peas or making a complicated gourmet meal. The veggie burger is pleasant and has its own merits but not necessarily clever. Jo - peter VV Friday, June 09, 2006 6:20 PM RE: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration Far be it for me to stick up for anyone, but whats wrong with 3 chord wonders? most of the blues is 3 chords, which lead to rock`n`roll and on and on ad finitum.Every genre has 3 chord songs, so I dont see how you can decry them per say? P.S. I always thought B.B. stood for big brother! Blessings back at

ya The Valley Vegan......................Michael Benis <michaelbenis wrote: It doesn't have to be complex to be good - that goes for music as much as for ideas.... :-) On Behalf Of Peter Kebbell09 June 2006 10:05 Subject: Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration Hi Colin > jealous

guy could'n't have been written by an average song writer only by a musical genius > with fantastic depth. Most of Lennon's material is three chord songs. I was writing that sort of stuff when I was 12. As someone once said, Tony Clarkin could have knocked out a whole Beatles album in his lunch hour... BB Peter Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Guest guest

If they need a referee, I have a garden hose, a piece of 4 x 2, and can shout loudly. The Valley Vegan............earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Hi Michael,> PPS If you're ever over in the UK, look me up.Well that is perfect, he is! Perhaps you two could meet for coffee sometime and get it all done at once. :)Nikki

Guest guest

Count me in , theres beer in them thar chants! The Valley Vegan.jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Well I'll join in too - cos it sounds like fun.BBJo- "earthstrm" Friday, June 09, 2006 5:57 PM Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration> LOL - lights lighter and sways with Fraggle> > Nikki :)> > > RE: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration > > > all we are saying...> is give me some beer....> *rocks from side to side*> > > > > > > > > > > > To send an email to

- >

Guest guest

Yeah too right, have they sued anyone lately for downloads? Lars has a lovely art collection apparently. I thought their last album sucked like a hoover............. The Valley Vegan.......fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: of course metallic also went from being into the music into being businessmen as well Peter Jun 9, 2006 1:35 PM Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration Hi Peter >Strange thing is, a lot of musicians I have listened to produced/played better when on something or other, e.g. Clapton, the > guy was awsome.....now he dresses like a banker, plays white mans blues as though he couldnt care less, and supports the > countryside alliance? I have to say that I reckon Clapton is about the most overrated guitarist ever. I've never heard anything particularly special in the way he plays, unlike a whole load of other guitarists who play in a similar style. About the only musician I can think of who played particularly well while high is Jimi

Hendrix - but I have no idea what he'd have been like when clean. Just look at what happened to Metallica when they started getting high on stage - their shows plummeted in quality... BB Peter I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I seePeter H

Guest guest

I agree about Hendrix, who wouldnt? Clapton is so pedestrian, maybe its an age thing, he was a lot better when he was younger though, maybe it was because he was trying hard to mimic his electric idols ( Freddy King/ BB King etc ), and he was rubbing shoulders with some great guitarists at the time ( Page/ Hendrix ) so maybe he was trying harder in those days..........????? The Valley Vegan............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >Strange thing is, a lot of musicians I have listened to produced/played better when on something or other, e.g. Clapton, the > guy was awsome.....now he dresses like a

banker, plays white mans blues as though he couldnt care less, and supports the > countryside alliance? I have to say that I reckon Clapton is about the most overrated guitarist ever. I've never heard anything particularly special in the way he plays, unlike a whole load of other guitarists who play in a similar style. About the only musician I can think of who played particularly well while high is Jimi Hendrix - but I have no idea what he'd have been like when clean. Just look at what happened to Metallica when they started getting high on stage - their shows plummeted in quality... BB Peter Peter H

Guest guest

Perhaps we should pack some supplies then just in case. I will bring

Vegan cookies. :)

Nikki

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Well I'll join in too - cos it sounds like fun.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

> -

> " earthstrm " <earthstorm

>

> Friday, June 09, 2006 5:57 PM

> Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

>

>

> > LOL - lights lighter and sways with Fraggle

> >

> > Nikki :)

> >

> >

> > RE: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

> >

> >

> > all we are saying...

> > is give me some beer....

> > *rocks from side to side*

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

True... but very drugged businessmen!

BB

Peter

-

fraggle

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:39 PM

of course metallic also went from being into the music into being businessmen as well

Peter Jun 9, 2006 1:35 PM Re: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration

Hi Peter

> countryside alliance?

BB

Peter

Don't want a movie made about me

Just get away from the madness I see

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>Every genre has 3 chord songs...

Y'know, I'd completely missed this statement before, and I do feel obliged to point out that progressive rock / metal does not have three chord songs! :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

We should get quite a sway going here then.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:01 PM

Count me in , theres beer in them thar chants!

The Valley Vegan.jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Well I'll join in too - cos it sounds like fun.BBJo- "earthstrm" Friday, June 09, 2006 5:57 PM Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration> LOL - lights lighter and sways with Fraggle> > Nikki :)> > > RE: Re: John Lennon, my Inspiration > > > all we are saying...> is give me some beer....> *rocks from side to side*> > > > > > > > > > > > To send an email to - >