IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Ananthapadmanabha Swami (Lord Vishnu worshipping Lord Shiva ?)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Srimannarayana!

Adiyen is asking about Lord Vishnu in this divine form. In this sanctum, all

elements of the Hindu trinity are there. Bhagavan has guided me to perform

seva at His temple in the form of giving tours to students and guests. While

standing in front of Bhagavan in this form a guest asked if Lord Vishnu was

worshipping Lord Siva as He rests.

Adiyen fell guilty to ignorance and could not answer.

If this question happens again may adiyen please have a detailed

explanation of Bhagavan in this form.

What He is doing? and what is going on around Him?

Respectfully,

Adiyen Keshav Ramanuja Dasa

Guest guest

Jai Srimannarayana!

Priya Sriman Kesavaji!

Lord Vishnu is not worshiping any God, He only worships

His own beloved devotees, who cannot bear the

seperation with Him even for a fraction of second.

Lord Siva is the most devoted Vaishnava, according to

Srimad Bhagavatham. There it is mentioned

"vaishnava:nam yadha: sambhuh".

So Lord Vishnu kept Siva, always under His abled shade

of His Divine Hand.

Do understand the Lords'act.

Jai Srimannarayana!

=chinnajeeyar=

Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE.

http://im./

Guest guest

Please read Shiva Maha Puran on the Lingodhbhava Swami. There it is depicted Shiva as the great God. Both are correct. They are great Gods and to differentiate between them is pure absurdity. Vishnu as Ananthapadmanabha worships Shiva. If he has to keep his dearest devotee, why to keep a Shiva Linga on top of his head while lying down, stretching his hand to it with reverence?

Please read Shiva Maha Puran on the Lingodhbhava Swami. There it is depicted Shiva as the great God. Both are correct. They are great Gods and to differentiate between them is pure absurdity. Vishnu as Ananthapadmanabha worships Shiva. If he has to keep his dearest devotee, why to keep a Shiva Linga on top of his head while lying down, stretching his hand to it with reverence?

sita-ram, radha-krishna, laxmi-vishnu but why "Shiv - Shakti"

because Shiv is supreme and his opposite power is Shakti

" vishnu is treated as a cheater by "rakshas" but not Shiva"

"Shiva drank the poison when everybody was afraid included vishnu"

"Shiva is worshiped by everybody no matter he is rakshas or devta"

"In Mahabharat muni vyas says to Ashwathama that both Nar (arjun) and Narayana (krishan) have power from Lord Shiva so they are invinsible only Shiva can defeat them" (this is asked by Ashwathama when his Brahmastra has no effect over them)

Deside yourself who is supreme.

"In Mahabharat muni vyas says to Ashwathama that both Nar (arjun) and Narayana (krishan) have power from Lord Shiva so they are invinsible only Shiva can defeat them" (this is asked by Ashwathama when his Brahmastra has no effect over them)

Lord Narayana is supreme personality.No one equal to or greater than Lord Narayana.

Pranaam

Lord Narayana is supreme personality.No one equal to or greater than Lord Narayana.

Pranaam

If he is supreme then why he cheated.

If he is supreme then he is worshiped by both "rakshas and devata"

One head of Brahmaji was cut by Shiva and it shows the supermacy of Shiva

It is very difficult to understand his lilla.Even Lord Shiva & Lord Brahma can't understand then what to tell about other jivas.

Prahlad Maharaj,Bali Maharaj,etc were great devotees of Lord Narayana. They were born to Rakshas family.

How it showed supremacy?? Pls clarify.

Krishna defeated Shiva in banasura fight which proves that Lord Narayana is supreme.

Lord Narayana is the source of all the devatas, rakshas, human beings, animals etc.. How can they be equated to Lord Narayana??I dont understand why there is so much confusion?? In every one or other thread this topic is going on.

All scriptures,acharyas/saints have revealed that Lord Narayana is supreme & HE alone should be worshipped then where is the confusion?? The problem lies in non acceptance of scriptures,literatures of great devotees.

Pranaam

[

We do not speak about Brahma. He is a part of jiva tattva.

So. If Shambhu is the supreme why did he lost his mind in desire when ran after Sri Mohini Murti? :) Why did Shiva run to Lord Vishnu being persecuted by Bhasmasura?

Lord Vishnu is shuddha sattvic form of God's Personality.

Hahahahaha.

Lord Shiva definitely offered many boons to the demons, but sometimes He got in trouble with that, too. Just look at the story of Vrikasura! Lord Vishnu had to bail Lord Shiva out of His predicament.

Remember that these are divine lilas. Lord Shiva always wants to show the Supremacy of His Lord Narayana. Not that Lord Shiva ever got into trouble because He is, in one sense, non different from Lord Vishnu. These are all lilas from which we can learn something.

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

“There are two mahaa-phala daayaka Vrukshas. One by the name Vaasudeva and the other by the name Vaamadeva. They differ only in their sumas (flowers) (’su’ is replaced by ‘ma’ in their names), but both give the same phalas (fruits, which is moksham)”. It is also often said, “How much one does not see the difference between Shiva and Vishnu, that much his aayu will increase”.

One day, when Lakshmi and Vishnu were together in vihaaram, Lakshmi sees Ucchaishravam, her brother, the horse of Revanta who is the son of Surya. Engrossed in seeing her brother, she does not reply to the repeated calls of Vishnu. Seeing her attraction, Vishnu gives her shaapam to go to Bhulokam in the form of a horse and come back to Vaikuntam only after getting a son equal to Himself! She comes to Bhuloka to experience the shaapam and realizing that none other than her brother, Shiva can help her calm Vishnu, she immediately does a tapas for Him and Shiva appears to save her soodari. Lakshmi says “You and Vishnu are both same, the Paramaatma. Please help me!”. Shiva says “Soodari! How do you know that we both are same? All learned people know that. Who told you?”. Lakshmi says, “Once Mahavishnu Himself told me this. Seeing Him in deep Daiva-dhyaanam, I asked Him “During Samudramanthanam, I thought you were the greatest of all and hence chose you. Devaadideva! Who is better than you that you are in dhyaanam of Him?”. Mahavishnu replied “I am doing Shankara-dhyaanam. He is Eshwara. He is the same as Me. All learned people know that. If someone is my devotee but still hates Shiva, he will fall into naraka”.

Saying this, She asks Shiva to pursuade Vishnu to bless Her with a child. Shiva sends Chitrarupa as a duta to convince Vishnu. Vishnu immediately accepts and comes to Bhuloka and blesses Lakshmi with Ekaveera, who is equal to Vishnu Himself. From Ekaveera came forth the Haihaya dynasty, of which the most noted king is Kartavirya Arjuna (Ekaveera’s grandson).

Once when Naarada, the avatar of Vishnu, recited prayers glorifying Lord Shiva as the supreme controller of the universe, Lord Shiva, the best of Vaishnavas, at once covered his ears and angrily replied, “I am not the Lord of the universe, nor an object of Krishna’s mercy! I am just a poor aatma always hankering for the favor of the servants of His servants.” (Thus in this small story, Naarada, avataar of Vishnu, glorifies Shiva as the Paramaatma and Shiva glorifies Vishnu as the Paramaatma!)

The story of Hanuman, who is the 11th avataar of Shiva and Raama, the purna avataar of Vishnu also reveals the same. Both of them acheived great tasks:

1. Restricting the great samudram, Raama along with His entire army crossed the satpa-samudras! Hanuman, in one small jump, crossed it!
  2. In the greatest, unparalleled ghora-yuddham, which was never seen before or will ever be seen, Raama killed Raavana! Hanuman killed Mairaavana, who was many times stronger than Raavana, with great ease!
  3. Krishna lifted Govardhana giri, balanced on his little finger and saved the lives of Gopaalas! Hanuman brought the Sanjeevani Parvatam from Himaalayas to Lanka and saved Lakshmana!
  4. Raama melted a stone, with the touch of His lotus feet, for Ahalya! Hanuman melted a stone with His sweet Gandharva gaanam!
Though they did great tasks like this, always Hanuman worshipped Raama, with great Vinayam. And Raama worshipped Shiva with unparalleled devotion. (If one closely observes, for Paramaatma these tasks are not at all difficult/big. For He does everything right from Shrushti to Layam. And He only resides in everyone and gives life. However, since we cannot even imagine His power, we praise Him for these “small” tasks only )

Impressed by the great tapas of Viṣhṇu for Paramaśiva, Śiva gave Viṣhṇu the Sudarshana Cakram.

Annamaacharya, the great Vaak-geya-kaaraka of Aandhra Pradesh, in one of his divya sankeertana “Enta maatramuna evvaru talichina ….” says:

How much ever one imagines that much only are You:

• For Vaishnavas You are Vishnu
  • For Vedaantas You are Parabrahma
  • For Shaivas and other bhaktas You are Shiva
  • For Kaapaalikas You are Kaala-Bhairava
  • For Shaakteyaas You are Shakti
  • For people with alpa-buddhi You appear as alpam
  • For people who know Your Garima and have Ghana-buddhi You are a Ghana

Once Shri Krishna, the avataar of Mahaavishnu, came to Upamanyu maharshi, when he was at Himaalayas. Shri Krishna said “Upamanyu muniindra! You are the greatest in the Shiva Bhaktas. I came here to do Tapas of Paramashiva to get santaanam. Please teach Me Shaiva-vidhi and vidhaanam”.

Upamanyu replied “O Shri Krishna! I know who You are. Shiva puuja is not new to You. Though You know it, to make everybody know, I will tell You …” Saying thus, Upamanyu told Shri Krishna how to do Shiva-aaraadhana.

This happened after the episode of Naarada, coming under Vishnu maaya, gives shaapam to Vishnu: (This is one of the reasons of Shri Raama avatar)

Naarada says “Svaami! Please forgive Me. I, coming under influence of Your maaya, got ahankaar and did Your ninda. Please tell Me what can save Me from this ghora-paapam”. Vishnu says:

“O Priya Naarada! You go and do paaraayana of Shankara Shatanaamams. Then You will get Shaanti. Shiva is whom I respect the most. Even by mistake dont forget this. One who doesnt have Shiva-anugraham cannot be My Bhakta. Believe this … Then My maaya wont affect you.”

Once Vyaasa Bhagavaan came under the influence of Shiva-maaya and started telling in his Pravachanams that Vishnu is greater than Shiva. Once Nandeeshvara also heard Vyaasa Bhagavaan saying this. Vishnu Murty then appeared before Veda Vyaasa and told Him “O Maharshi! Dont you know that I and Shiva are the same? Knowing this why are you telling like this in your pravachanams?” Veda Vyaasa then had great pashchaattaapam and asked Kshama from Nandeeshvara.

The phalam of Vishnu Pooja is Shiva Bhakti — the example is that of Arjuna. Arjuna ofcourse was the greatest Shri Krishna Bhakta. But it was Shiva who gave Arjuna moksham, when Arjuna was born as Bhakta Kannappa, in the great Kaalahastsi Kshetram.

Similarly the phalam of Shiva Pooja is Shri Raama Bhakti — the examples are stories of Kaaka Bhushundiand Valmiki Maharshi. Kaaka Bhushundi was a great Shiva Bhakta and hence Shiva grants him Raama Bhakti Saamraajyam. Valmiki did tapas for Shiva using the Panchaakshari mantram given to him by the great Saptarshis and as a result became the Aadi Kavi and wrote the great Raamaayanam.

Raasaleela. It was the day when the “punya-vruksham” of Gopikas delivered its ripe fruits, called Moksham. It was the day when the Aaraadhana of Gopikas was blessed by Lord Krishna. Gopikas realized Shri Krishna, the Sarvaantaryaami, everywhere. As a result of their Aaraadhana-bhakti they realized the paramaatma’s poorna-svaroopam with each one of them. Who could miss watching the Raasaleela, where the Lord showered His Karuna-jyotsna ? All the Brahma-aadi devatas were present.

Parama Shiva, the greatest bhakta of Shri Krishna, was also present in the form of a Gopika. Shri Krishna, who is always in nirantara-shiva-dhyaanam, searched for Parameshvara. Finally He realized that Shiva is none other than one of the Gopikas having sampoorna aanandam of dancing with Him. Shri Krishna paramaatma then does stuti of Eshvara and asks to bless them by staying there at Vrundaavanam by the name of Gopeeshvara.

Even today we can visit Lord Shiva, in the form of Gopeeshvara, at Vrundaavanam.

Morals in the Story:

1. Shiva and Vishnu are the same.
  2. Both Raama and Hanuman did such super-human tasks, but they were never having even a bit of Ahankaar. They always were humble
  3. So Saivaites dont insult Vishnu and Vaishnavities dont insult Shiva by calling him " Demi god ".
Guru Brahma Guru Vishu Guru Devo Maheshwaraha

Guru Sakshat Para Brahma Thasmai Sri Guruve namaha.

How it showed supremacy?? Pls clarify.

Krishna defeated Shiva in banasura fight which proves that Lord Narayana is supreme.

Lord Narayana is the source of all the devatas, rakshas, human beings, animals etc.. How can they be equated to Lord Narayana??I dont understand why there is so much confusion?? In every one or other thread this topic is going on.

All scriptures,acharyas/saints have revealed that Lord Narayana is supreme & HE alone should be worshipped then where is the confusion?? The problem lies in non acceptance of scriptures,literatures of great devotees.

Pranaam

Please note here that krishna got 8 boons from shiva. It is written in bhagavatham. One of the boons is that krishna must win all his enemies and that all his enemies must be destroyed by him. So in the banasura fight, banasura called shiva down to fight narayana(krishna). Here shiva becomes an enemy of narayana. Thus, according to the boon he gave, he has to lose. Moreover, banasura has to be killed by krishna as he is the oni one who can beat banasura.

These are the lilas of both narayana and shiva. They are one. vishnu worships shiva and shiva worships Vishnu. Please keep this mind.

Krishna says the bhagavad gita to arjuna as God and not as Krishna. Please remember this. As GOD, he encompasses everthing. As Krishna, he is just a mere avatar of vishnu.

Guys,

I'v read some comments and have no heart to read comparission of our own GODS.

Comeon all of you there's no comparison of gods all are powerfull and stands at same stage you cannot compare divine powers. Lord Vishnu and lord shiva both respect each-other they both worshipped eachother... so there's no question of doubt to compare.

Shiva is a god of truth.. Vishnu is a nouriser (take cares of all life in universe) Bhrama dev is a creator...

Do please guys don't compare gods.... it will be consider as sin no matter whom we all believe in.. all is karma u do...

:redface::redface::redface:

Jambavathi wife of Lord Krishna asked him to worship lord shiva to obtain powerful child.As per her wish Lord Krishna made tapasya for Lord shiva for many years .After the arrival of mahadev ,lord krishna asked 8 boons and one of them was to attain victory over anyone (including lord shiva)who fights against him.

That's why inorder to keep his word (boon) lord shiva has been defeated by krishna and shiva fought with krishna because of his affection on his beloved devotee Baanaasura.

Jai Mahadev......Jai Jai Mahadev

Hi to all,

I am unable to understand when Shiva made worship for Vishnu.Bhasmasura story,where the story is written.Srikrishna also showed shiva's supremacy in so many times.If vishnu supreme why he not able to take poison and why he cant save Daksha as he is yagna purusha for the Daksha yagnam

Guys remember the following things:

1.This is a thread to discuss the SriVaishnavaite philosophy exclusively.But u people began to argue to question the very philosophy of SriVaishnavaite religion.This itself is nonsense. Sri ChinnaJeeyar is a great authority of this tradition.But u are not listening to him.

2. Right from Adi Shankaracharya in his Prasthana Traya ,Sri Ramanuja ,Madhvacharya,Chaitanya,Vedavyasa in his Brahma Sutras,Valmiki in his Ramayana,Parasara in his Vishnu Purana ,sri Vallabha, Sri Nimbarka,Sri Samartha Ram Dasa, sri Vivekanada declare that SriManNaraya/ParaVasudeva is the Supreme Personality Of God Head.

3.Further VedaVyasa himself declared that except Vishnu Purana ,Bhagavata Purana,Padma Purana,Varaha Purana,Narada Purana,Garuda Purana remaining are all Tamsic or Rajsic and hence not completely pure and hence do not completely support the Vedas.Hence we are not supposed to accept all those puranas completely which are against the Supremacy of SriManNaraya/ParaVasudeva

if u quote this episode,pl be kind enough to read the history of badrinath to whom actually gave vimochana for hara after he was cursed kapali bahva by brahma...this also appears in shiva purana

----- This is very wrong the poison was consumed by Shri Vayu on orders of Shri Lakshmi

------ Shiva did took a handful but didnt allow to go below the neck (& so neelkant)

--------- Nothing can kill Vishnu the poison could have killed Shiva had he consumed it.

--- Shiva is a great god but wil be always below Vishnu & Brahma

--------- & Brahma always below Vishnu & Laksmi

---- Ashwathama is a form of Shiva himself

------ Shiva has power from Vishnu & everyone in world including Shiva is depended on Vishnu for everything

The heirarchy is as Below

1> Shri Vishnu ---- The supreme

2> Shri Lakshmi -------- The next to supreme

3> Brahma /Vayu

4> Saraswati/Bharati

5> Shiva

6> Parvati

----- Hanuman /Bhima/Madhwacharya are avatars of Vayu & it is very wrong to call them avtar of Shiva

Ashwathama, & some the great gurus like durvasur, Shukacharya (who narrated Bhagvat purana to Parikshit) are all avtars of Shiva

hi..

See lord shiva is said as Mahadeva it means greatest deva but lord vishnu is said as DEVADEVAN means deva for all devas including the greatest deva...

And you people will know the place of siva is kailasam that is said as himalaya which is earth. but lord vishnu's place vaikundam and parkadal both of the place is not in earth it present behind lots & lots surya mandalam.. ok this shows lord vishnu is the supreme god

Lord Vishnu is supposed to be in Yoga Nidra, protecting the Creation. Adiyen has a point to add.. In Vishnu sahasranama adhyaya, Parvati Devi asks Ishvara

kenopaayena laguna vishnoor naama sahasrakam

patyatair panditair nityam strotam icham jagath prabhum

What is the easiest way for a learned scholar to perform namasamkeerthanam.. For that, Ishvara says

Sri Rama Raamethi rame raame manorame

Sahasranaama tharthulyam raama naama varaanane

The name of Raama alone is equal to the 1000 names of vishnu and has the essence of the whole sahasranaamam.. What proof do Devareer want apart from this to prove Vishnu is the Para devata? When Gajendra shouted "Adi Moolame", who came to the rescue? It was Vishnu...

Please forgive me if I have made any mistake.

Dear ChinnaJeeyar and All,

I have small question that why you have been seperating gods?

Do you know Advaitha Siddamtham?.For every incarnation of Lords there should be inner meaning(Paramardham).

Lord shiva is Bhaktha Sulaba.He was presented surdharshan chakran to MahaVishunu by worshipping him with SAHASRA KAMALAMS.

History:

It is said during Dev-Asur sangram(war between gods & demons) all devtaas requested Lord Vishnu to save them from Asur. To save Devtaas from Asur Lord Vishnu requirement was Sudarshan Chakra. Thus, Lord Vishnu collected 1000 Lotus flower to offer Lord Shiva while chanting Lord Shiva 1000 name to have Sudarshan Chakra.

Lord Shiva to test Lord Vishnu devotion hide one Lotus flower. At the end of 999 offerings Lord Vishnu was short of one flower. He decided to offer his one eye(Lord Vishnu also known as Kamalnetra) to complete 1000 offerings and 1000 chants. At that time Lord Shiva appeared and blessed him with Sudarshan Chakra and was used to kill Asur later.

Kamleshwar Mahadev temple is the location where Lord Vishnu worship Lord Shiva and was blessed with Sudarshan Chakra. It is also said during Lord Vishnu prayers a couple was watching the same. When Lord Shiva appeared couple requested Lord Shiva to grant them a child. Goddess Parwati requested Lord Shiva to grant the wish. Till that day Kartika Shukla Paksh Chaturdashi it is said whoever worship Lord Shiva while standing whole night having one diya in hand will be granted child as a wish by Lord Shiva.

Find the below link:

Being I am Vaidika Bramhan I will give equl importances My Lord shiva and Vishnu.

Why All vaishnava people condemns Lord shiva?

Ahy All Shaiva people condems Lord Vishnu?

If you know Paramardham then only you talk....

Adi shankaracharya was taught Advaitha Siddamtham....He worshipped All the gods with Eual importance(Shita Pragnatwam).

Your Ramanujan cant be eual to Adhi Shankaracharya...

There is one shlokam in Sandhyavandanam..

Shivaya Vishnurupaya, Shivarupaya Vishnave

Shivashya Hrudayam Vishnu, Vishushya Hrudayam Shivaha

Yadha shivamayo evam vishnu maya shivaha.

Find the below link,

Prayers: Shivaya Vishnurupaya

Lord Mahavishnu is Shakthi swarupam.shakthi means prakruthi(he is shakthi)

Lord shiva is Purusha(Man)

The combination of prakruthi and purusha is our universe.....

That is we call Ardhanareeswara Thatwam....

Dear ChinnaJeeyar,

I saw so many times you are wantedly codemning Lord shiva....Its not right thing...

If you don ot know about Hinduism Advaitham do not speak....

Your speech is not good....You are seperating shiva and vishnu...You will be born as Bramha rakshasa(according to Bramhanda puranam)

Do not repeat this.

Thanks&Regards,

Chaitanya Krishna

Bhagavad Gita chapter 10 verse 8:

aham sarvasya prabhavo

mattah sarvam pravartate

iti matva bhajante mam

budha bhava-samanvitah

Bhagavad Gita chapter 10 verse 8: I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who know this perfectly engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.

In the Atharva Veda it is said:

narayanad brahma jayate, narayanad prajapatih prajayate, narayanad indro jayate, narayanad astau vasavo jayante, narayanad ekadasa

rudra jayante, narayanad dvadasadityah.

"From Narayana, Brahma is born, and from Narayana, the patriarchs are also born. From Narayana, Indra is born, from Narayana the eight Vasus are born, from Narayana the eleven Rudras are born, from Narayana the twelve Adityas are born."

bump.gifIt is said in the same Vedas, brahmanyo devaki-putrah: "The son of Devaki, Krsna, is the Supreme Personality." Then it is said:

eko vai narayana asin na brahma na isano napo nagni samau neme

dyav-aprthivi na naksatrani na suryah sa ekaki na ramate tasya

dhyanantah sthasya yatra chandogaih kriyamanastakadi-samjnaka

stuti-stomah stomam ucyate.

"In the beginning of the creation there was only the Supreme Personality Narayana. There was no Brahma, no Siva, no fire, no moon, no stars in the sky, no sun. There was only Krsna, who creates all and enjoys all"

bump.gifIn the many Puranas it is said that Lord Siva was born from the highest, the Supreme Lord Krsna, and the Vedas say that it is the Supreme Lord, the creator of Brahma and Siva, who is to be worshiped. In theMoksa-dharma Krsna also says,

prajapatim ca rudram capy aham eva srjami vai tau hi mam na vijanito mama maya-vimohitau. "The patriarchs, Siva and others are created by Me, though they do not know that they are created by Me because they are deluded by My illusory energy." In the Varaha Purana it is also said,narayanah paro devas tasmaj jatas caturmukhah tasmad rudro 'bhavad devah sa ca sarva-jnatam gatah. "Narayana is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and from Him Brahma was born, from whom Siva was born."

In the Atharva Veda it is said, "yo brahmanam vidadhati: purvam yo vai vedams ca gapayati sma krsnah." "It was Krsna who in the beginning instructed Brahma in Vedic knowledge and who disseminated Vedic knowledge in the past."

hii,i have a small request specifically to chinnajeeyarji, kindly change your name bcoz h.h tridandi sriman narayana CHINNA JEEYAR is my guru and its difficult for me to bear sme1 say anything against the name..its could be a vaishnav vz shava siddhantas or anything else,but people are referring you as chinna jeeyar.hope you and the moderators understand my feelings.sorry if i troubled youAdiyan ramanuja dasah: