IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
classic72

Guide to writing better Requests and seeking help on this forum

Rate this topic

Dear All,

I'm not a Moderator or Owner of this forum - just a humble contributor on this forum. During the short period I've been here I've noticed many member's request for help - go unanswered. They usually have to followup their own threads. I feel sympathetic towards such members.

In the interest of such member requests - I thought I'd write up a short guide on how to write good requests that will definitely catch more attention of contributors.

For members looking for some resolutions to their problems like marriage, career, health etc.,

Do's

1) Include Date of Birth preferably well qualified like (DD-MON-YYYY)

This is so that people following from different parts of the world are still on the same page about the dates.

2) Include a Time of Birth including AM/PM

3) Include a Place of Birth preferably with a Region/State (to avoid using incorrect cities/states)

4) Include Gender (Male/Female)

5) If birth data of two or more people are provided - qualify them as Husband, Wife, Son, Father etc.,

6) Include any specific dates or events to help astrologers to cross check and rectify the charts (if required) - This is mostly optional but can be useful.

Don'ts

1) Astrologers don't need Names (especially last names) - This way you can protect your privacy on this forum.

2) We also do not need photos or handprints etc.,

Write a clear description of your problem including the extent and severity of the problem. Use as many words as required without being too lengthy.

Description can include some background, current situation and your own perspective of the problem areas.

A calm well composed thread will have a better chance of getting good responses rather than short terse ones.

Use the PM feature to share any private details or confidential information - rather than share it on the public forum.

If possible do include what kind of resolution you are looking for.

Most often Contributors have a hard time gauging the severity of the problem based on a short two line description.

This forum is an amazing source of both learning and also in resolving queries from members - Has such amazing personalities contributing - just a great experience just being involved in this forum.

I'm not sure how long this thread will stay on top - but if members could read this and use it as a guide - More queries would be responded to.

Hope this helps

With Best Wishes

Classic72

Dear All,

I'm not a Moderator or Owner of this forum - just a humble contributor on this forum. During the short period I've been here I've noticed many member's request for help - go unanswered. They usually have to followup their own threads. I feel sympathetic towards such members.

In the interest of such member requests - I thought I'd write up a short guide on how to write good requests that will definitely catch more attention of contributors.

For members looking for some resolutions to their problems like marriage, career, health etc.,

Do's

This is so that people following from different parts of the world are still on the same page about the dates.

3) Include a Place of Birth preferably with a Region/State (to avoid using incorrect cities/states)

5) If birth data of two or more people are provided - qualify them as Husband, Wife, Son, Father etc.,

6) Include any specific dates or events to help astrologers to cross check and rectify the charts (if required) - This is mostly optional but can be useful.

Don'ts

1) Astrologers don't need Names (especially last names) - This way you can protect your privacy on this forum.

Write a clear description of your problem including the extent and severity of the problem. Use as many words as required without being too lengthy.

Description can include some background, current situation and your own perspective of the problem areas.

A calm well composed thread will have a better chance of getting good responses rather than short terse ones.

Use the PM feature to share any private details or confidential information - rather than share it on the public forum.

Most often Contributors have a hard time gauging the severity of the problem based on a short two line description.

This forum is an amazing source of both learning and also in resolving queries from members - Has such amazing personalities contributing - just a great experience just being involved in this forum.

I'm not sure how long this thread will stay on top - but if members could read this and use it as a guide - More queries would be responded to.

Hope this helps

With Best Wishes

Classic72

Namaskar,

I would like to add a simple observation that may be helpful to the person who is asking the question as well as the person who is answering the question by NOT ASKING the question by other person than that who has started the thread. In short, when two or more people ask question (s)in the same thread, it creates confusion. I came across this situation many times. Secondly, it is better if the person who is asking the question may not put his/her same question at several thread that are started by other individuals with other questions, this also creates confusion as it takes time to figure it out who's quesion/answer is what????

Hope it helps every one,

-WebYogi-

Dear All,

thanks classic 72 ji for making us aware about the appropriate way of starting threads. Although you are not Moderator or owner of this forum but the forum is getting lot of success and popularity because of people like you who care the needy people from their heart.

I hope this thread will be read by every visitor and member of this forum . and also I request all visitors and members of this forum to keep this thread on the top so that everybody can be benefited through this information.

Edited by pradeepkumar.meerut@gmail.com

dear Moderator,

if you are watching this thread

i think this thread by classic72 is very helpful for seekers..

I think it is possible for You to keep this thread always on the Top. please do if possible...

Dear All,

Do's

Don'ts

Hope this helps

With Best Wishes

Classic72

Respected Classic72 Ji, Pranams.

Your guiding lines are excellent and I only wish every member goes through the lines and every seeker strictly follows it so that his/her questions are not ignored but only answered.As rightly pointed out by Webyogi Ji some members put questions on someone else thread instead of starting their own.Such questions mostly will escape the attention of the guides on this form & will be left unanswered,causing disappointment to the seekers.It is therefore indispensable that each member puts his questions only on his own thread & starts a new thread for each new question so that it brightens the chances of getting the helpful response.

Yes,this forum is unique.Only here we have so many veterans as guides who have been rendering a selfless service for the benefit of every member amidst their tight personal & official schedules.A great in deed.

You have added one that will ever be on top to make this forum also to be so.

Regards,

Anusha

Hi Members,

Adding on to what Classic72 and Webyogi mentioned, I believe seekers should never include the name of a specific individual while putting up their queries. This not only makes the thread's scope limited, it also lets only a few people get into the conversation, given this forum is open and is not biased in anyway.

Hence, I request all the seekers to include only their specific problem as the Title of the Thread and not address it to a specific individual.

Few examples for Title of the Thread:

"28yrs old no job,depressed,very sad,parents problem" (Indicating only the problem)

"Venus, Mars, Mercury debilitated, is anything good in this chart" (Astrological query)

"What is the use of Navamsha?" (Simple Astrological query)

Please avoid the following types of Titles:

"Dear Sri xyx ji Please help, dependent on your guidance" (Highly biased)

"xyz ji, abc ji, cqt ji, please help" (Query is limited to the mentioned people)

wbr

Ayush

Hi Members,

Adding on to what Classic72 and Webyogi mentioned, I believe seekers should never include the name of a specific individual while putting up their queries. This not only makes the thread's scope limited, it also lets only a few people get into the conversation, given this forum is open and is not biased in anyway.

Hence, I request all the seekers to include only their specific problem as the Title of the Thread and not address it to a specific individual.

Few examples for Title of the Thread:

"28yrs old no job,depressed,very sad,parents problem" (Indicating only the problem)

"Venus, Mars, Mercury debilitated, is anything good in this chart" (Astrological query)

"What is the use of Navamsha?" (Simple Astrological query)

"xyz ji, abc ji, cqt ji, please help" (Query is limited to the mentioned people)

wbr

Ayush

Dear Respected Members and respected astrologers,

First of all this is a nice thread to read and really serves as a guideline for members to start a thread about their respective questions.

I beg to differ with Ayush Ji, pertaining

I think any individual has their prerogative to choose whoever they feel they have faith in answering their questions. It is not likely others astrologers were looked down upon, it is just that after reading through others threads and posts in Audarya, they have deducted, these few mentioned people can give satisfactory answers to their questions. It is not about biased perception of other astrologers.

One must remember, it is hard for an individual to speak about problems even to their their closed ones, so after thinking hard they managed to write out their problems to someone they don't know. Sometimes they are in immense trouble to a degree one could not even fathom, though what they wrote in threads seems simple. So I think they are not being biased, just they feel they need to get out from the trouble and seeking help from people they deem helpful. May god bless this troubled souls.

If the other astrologers feel, the thread is without reply by the chosen astrologers, the other astrologers can, with their freewill to reply. Again it depends on the other astrologers.

I just felt to channel my thoughts here. I am sorry if it had offended anyone here, it was not my intention. Namaste.

How many members reply on a single issue from their own perception of astrology is not a serious issue.This forum is for such experiments.But whose prdictions offer a relief and give guidance for correct decision making can't be ignored. For this a feedback is important from the member who was replied.Without a feedback most of the replies can be treated as junk and fredictions as bogus.

How many members reply on a single issue from their own perception of astrology is not a serious issue.This forum is for such experiments.But whose prdictions offer a relief and give guidance for correct decision making can't be ignored. For this a feedback is important from the member who was replied.Without a feedback most of the replies can be treated as junk and fredictions as bogus.

USR ji saying is true to an extent. I just wish people that really, I mean really understand vedic astrology reply to threads started by members. Sometimes due to lack of understanding in beginners and learners of astrology, the prediction and remedies seems go wrong. This adds bad image to vedic astrology at large.

It is not good to give false hopes to people who are suffering. It just adds up to some more sufferings as sometimes, wrong remedies can do bad.

This is why, senior astrologers in the forum, if they see something wrong being replied, please highlight it for the sake of easing/preventing the suffering of the thread starter and for the sake of learning by the astrology students. Again this is not a dictation but a gentle plea to all respected members here. Namaste.

Increased honesty in seekers and astrologers, both learned and learning, will help to improve the forum.

btw, Audarya is the most active and most quickly responding forum on the net with collection of most experienced and expert astrologers available on net.

Proud to be a part of it :)

Respected member,

I don;t know whether this my point go with spirit or meaning of thread but i still want to mention it for all how give reply to people query.

1) I know that astrology is a truth and a Godly science, so a misuse of this science is an insult to my God.

2) I will use this science for social service and as a form of worship to my God.

3) I am aware of the flaws in human beings and will not treat any person with less importance when giving my guidance.

4) I will not misuse this science for the teaching of any religion, social matter or any unlawful act. Giving my guidance in such matters means my involvement in that act.

5) If I do not get an answer from the chart, I will NOT give my guidance! No guidance is better than the wrong guidance and I will accept my limitations about the chart as well as my own limitations as an astrologer.

6) I will not abuse or malign any other astrologer, nor will I take unfair advantage of another person's astrological knowledge by advertising unnecessarily at their expense without proper and due credit.

7) I will try to increase my knowledge and share it sincerely with other people of similar interests.

8) I will behave truthfully and honestly at all times and keep my conduct pure in heart.

9) Any information received from a client, in the course of giving my guidance to that person, shall be kept in strict confidence.

10) I will not use any chart for purposes of public discussion by identifying the native by name, unless I have his or her explicit permission to do so, nor will I misuse any information given to me by that person.

some one has told me this code . i forgot who has who has written this code .I thing someone by the name of Jugalkalani.(have very good knowledge of Astrology)

God bless All

Rishi vatsyayan

Respected member,

I don;t know whether this my point go with spirit or meaning of thread but i still want to mention it for all how give reply to people query.

1) I know that astrology is a truth and a Godly science, so a misuse of this science is an insult to my God.

2) I will use this science for social service and as a form of worship to my God.

3) I am aware of the flaws in human beings and will not treat any person with less importance when giving my guidance.

4) I will not misuse this science for the teaching of any religion, social matter or any unlawful act. Giving my guidance in such matters means my involvement in that act.

5) If I do not get an answer from the chart, I will NOT give my guidance! No guidance is better than the wrong guidance and I will accept my limitations about the chart as well as my own limitations as an astrologer.

6) I will not abuse or malign any other astrologer, nor will I take unfair advantage of another person's astrological knowledge by advertising unnecessarily at their expense without proper and due credit.

7) I will try to increase my knowledge and share it sincerely with other people of similar interests.

8) I will behave truthfully and honestly at all times and keep my conduct pure in heart.

9) Any information received from a client, in the course of giving my guidance to that person, shall be kept in strict confidence.

10) I will not use any chart for purposes of public discussion by identifying the native by name, unless I have his or her explicit permission to do so, nor will I misuse any information given to me by that person.

some one has told me this code . i forgot who has who has written this code .I thing someone by the name of Jugalkalani.(have very good knowledge of Astrology)

God bless All

Rishi vatsyayan

Dear Rishi Vatsyayan and members of the forum,

I do wish any astrologers practicing Vedic Astrology adhere to the codes above to maintain the dignity of this divine science. Namaste.