IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
greatt

Worhsip of Narayana

Rate this topic

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, but i have very good reasons that only astrologers can help me in this.

I am a Madhva Brahmin(Dvaita) and have been having lot of problems since 6 years. For us, Narayana is the highest God. Even according to Sanatan Dharm, Narayana rules the element of ether(which is the highest and purest of all the five elements).

I have noticed that i have been having lots of physical and emotional problems ever since i have been worshipping Vishnu god. I am at my wits' end figuring the reason for this and this is actually driving me crazy. My argument is: if i am suffering by praying to the highest god, it is CERTAINLY happening for a GOOD REASON. In other words, i have concluded that it is CORRECT that i am suffering. But the flipside of this conclusion is that i am pushing myself towards SELF DESTRUCTION. I mean, literally, my self destructive tendencies are getting better and lately i am also observing that by default, i tend to do things that are to my detriment.

I also strongly feel that this is due to Guru Chandal Yog that i have. My birth details are: 5th March,1987 Place:Hyderabad,India and Time: 7.41 am

I feel that the Guru Chandal yog is being resolved in the most inevitable manner. I believe that worshipping all other gods(like powerful Shiva, Kali) will only help the person temporarily to cope with the situation, however, it is inevitable that the person suffer to clear his sins. Unlike other gods, Narayana helps his devotee to be independent(without the need of God's help to survive) and therefore in the process He makes the person suffer for all his sins, but at the same time guaranteeing his safety and security during the suffering phase( all these qualitites have been described in the fruits of reciting Sahasranama). I am edging towards self destruction but i have to survive.

I am at such a point in my life that both the agreeing and disagreeing answer to my above argument are true and valid. While what i said in the previous paragraph is true to my knowledge, i also am a materialistic person, atleast as far as living happily with basic things like love of people, good health and decent career, i am realising that i am heavily losing out on all this and am also losing time due to the worship of Narayana.

this argument is consuming my life and i am having a very explosive headache and i am unable to decide what i should do: worship and suffer OR worship the more materialistically benevolent gods like ganesha, shiva, durga but be unsatisfied regarding my argument and not enjoy the fruits of praying to these gods whole- heartedly.

I mean no disrespect to ganesha, shiva and durga here. It is also my religious background that is reponsible for such thoughts. Where Advaita devotees regard Shiva as Supreme.

I would be grateful if anyone could describe their opinion regarding this problem of mine.

Regards.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, but i have very good reasons that only astrologers can help me in this.

I am a Madhva Brahmin(Dvaita) and have been having lot of problems since 6 years. For us, Narayana is the highest God. Even according to Sanatan Dharm, Narayana rules the element of ether(which is the highest and purest of all the five elements).

I have noticed that i have been having lots of physical and emotional problems ever since i have been worshipping Vishnu god. I am at my wits' end figuring the reason for this and this is actually driving me crazy. My argument is: if i am suffering by praying to the highest god, it is CERTAINLY happening for a GOOD REASON. In other words, i have concluded that it is CORRECT that i am suffering. But the flipside of this conclusion is that i am pushing myself towards SELF DESTRUCTION. I mean, literally, my self destructive tendencies are getting better and lately i am also observing that by default, i tend to do things that are to my detriment.

I also strongly feel that this is due to Guru Chandal Yog that i have. My birth details are: 5th March,1987 Place:Hyderabad,India and Time: 7.41 am

I feel that the Guru Chandal yog is being resolved in the most inevitable manner. I believe that worshipping all other gods(like powerful Shiva, Kali) will only help the person temporarily to cope with the situation, however, it is inevitable that the person suffer to clear his sins. Unlike other gods, Narayana helps his devotee to be independent(without the need of God's help to survive) and therefore in the process He makes the person suffer for all his sins, but at the same time guaranteeing his safety and security during the suffering phase( all these qualitites have been described in the fruits of reciting Sahasranama). I am edging towards self destruction but i have to survive.

I am at such a point in my life that both the agreeing and disagreeing answer to my above argument are true and valid. While what i said in the previous paragraph is true to my knowledge, i also am a materialistic person, atleast as far as living happily with basic things like love of people, good health and decent career, i am realising that i am heavily losing out on all this and am also losing time due to the worship of Narayana.

this argument is consuming my life and i am having a very explosive headache and i am unable to decide what i should do: worship and suffer OR worship the more materialistically benevolent gods like ganesha, shiva, durga but be unsatisfied regarding my argument and not enjoy the fruits of praying to these gods whole- heartedly.

I mean no disrespect to ganesha, shiva and durga here. It is also my religious background that is reponsible for such thoughts. Where Advaita devotees regard Shiva as Supreme.

I would be grateful if anyone could describe their opinion regarding this problem of mine.

Regards.

Namaskar,

I am glad that you have strong faith in God. You are born in pisces lagna with Jupiter and Rahu in it. Rahu in mars Dasa is going on.

Wearing a good quality yellow topaz in silver may be very helpful to you to focus.

You are worshiping Lord Vishnu but along with him worshiping Mata Laxmi is very important in your case. (.Worship without flowers).

Be vegetarian if not already so as Rahu dasa (or subperiod) may incline someone otherwise.

Hope it helps.

-WebYogi-

Regards.

Regards.

I have experienced the same thing! Just for a couple of days I chanted the Vishnu Sahasranama and had some very strong difficulties with my emotions and feelings. I thought this was bizarre.

It also occurred to me that chanting to Vishnu does strengthen the Sun (and mercury too). In my chart Sun is not auspicious. In your chart same, in fact both Sun and Mercury are in the 12th house.

Maybe this has something to do with it. But, to be honest, I'm only guessing here.

I have experienced the same thing! Just for a couple of days I chanted the Vishnu Sahasranama and had some very strong difficulties with my emotions and feelings. I thought this was bizarre.

It also occurred to me that chanting to Vishnu does strengthen the Sun (and mercury too). In my chart Sun is not auspicious. In your chart same, in fact both Sun and Mercury are in the 12th house.

Maybe this has something to do with it. But, to be honest, I'm only guessing here.

Namaskar,

I would like to mention that lord Vishnu "TESTS" his Bhaktha very well and you should not surprise to know that he comes personally for this. Also, he might "assume" any form and you may not even notice it.

-WebYogi-

Thank you for your insight webyogiji. I think the fruits for worshipping Narayana is different for different people. If Bhaktas worship Narayana for removing suffering, it perhaps, maybe of no use; only if what you say sir, that Narayana tests his bhaktas, is correct. People shouldn't expect anything while praying to Vishnu and the only reason why they should worship Him is for pure bhakti and no expectations.

Sir, i have also noticed that praying Lakshmi goddess along with vishnu somehow decreases the misery and "voidness"(the best description of the effect of praying to Vishnu, a voiding energy created in all aspects of physical and emotional auras, creating great thirst and difficulty coping with the "vacuum" created in the mind's field). Thank you sir for this important advice.

To ppena: yes, even i strongly feel that in long term, worship of Narayana exhausts all karma related to sun and mercury(both are very similar, only that sun gives of hot, energetic vibrations while mercury is subtle and cool AND they control the motive of expression(i.e ego) and the expression itself, respectively ). I am glad that there is someone who feels similar effects that i feel, i was feeling very disconnected and delusional because of all of this. I think its all because of this worship of Vishnu. Foggy head, migraines, loss of emotive power, delusions,intense and extreme hopelessness, are all what i have already experienced with this worship.

Thank you for your insight webyogiji. I think the fruits for worshipping Narayana is different for different people. If Bhaktas worship Narayana for removing suffering, it perhaps, maybe of no use; only if what you say sir, that Narayana tests his bhaktas, is correct. People shouldn't expect anything while praying to Vishnu and the only reason why they should worship Him is for pure bhakti and no expectations.

Sir, i have also noticed that praying Lakshmi goddess along with vishnu somehow decreases the misery and "voidness"(the best description of the effect of praying to Vishnu, a voiding energy created in all aspects of physical and emotional auras, creating great thirst and difficulty coping with the "vacuum" created in the mind's field). Thank you sir for this important advice.

To ppena: yes, even i strongly feel that in long term, worship of Narayana exhausts all karma related to sun and mercury(both are very similar, only that sun gives of hot, energetic vibrations while mercury is subtle and cool AND they control the motive of expression(i.e ego) and the expression itself, respectively ). I am glad that there is someone who feels similar effects that i feel, i was feeling very disconnected and delusional because of all of this. I think its all because of this worship of Vishnu. Foggy head, migraines, loss of emotive power, delusions,intense and extreme hopelessness, are all what i have already experienced with this worship.

Namaskar,

Worshiping Narayan is not a coincidence and getting results are also not a coincidence it is part of our own decision that we have made. I may add very important point, many times Narayan comes and walks in front of you/ with you or even talk with you, only thing is that one has to recognize him at that point in time. Also, do not think that he does not help his Bhakta, he is impartial and he has several ways to help his bhakta whether we like it or not as per our choice but what is in the best interest of Bhakta, he helps that way. Several life times are taken in to consideration and that knowledge as a normal human being not every one has it. I can tell you my opinion from your experience rather than sharing in details that one point in time (in some of the previous life times) you must have requested him to free from bondage of Karma and he is very much pleased with your bhakhti and request you to go through several tests and pass them without accumulating much so that he can grant your wishes/ request. Worshiping Mata Laxmi along lord Vishnu is thus important so that there is always a balance to walk through the journey of this life and this you might have noticed in my several posts that I suggested so. Also, be vegetarian if some one is Narayan bhakta and do not use flowers in his worship if some one is trying not to accumulate Karma much (Please see my response to flowers in of the post) otherwise whole purpose to be free from misery and sorrow may be defeated that some one has requested him.

-WebYogi-

If you worship Narayana, do not expect anything and just do it for He is The One in whose belly everything goes back and also comes out from. Nara means the spot on the belly in the midst. Do not ask for wishes, nor makes any mistakes in your puja, because it will affectv you. It is safer to worship Shiva or Ganesh or Hanuman.

Respected Members,

I have been following this post and a question occured to me. Does it then mean that one should not worship Narayana AND Shiva and/or Shakti at the same time? I am a devout bhakta of Shri Krishna (since He is also a form of Vishnu) but at the same time I worship Shiva and Devi too. Is this contradictory by any chance? Am very eager to know this since a long time...

Webyogi ji, Maharishi ji and other members' comments are awaited.

Hare Krnsa!

But till now, I have been doing all my worship without flowers - just by chanting the Ashtakshari (Om Namo Narayana), Panchakshari (Om Namah Shivaya) and some beej mantras of devi... Presently, i hope to receive my one-mukhi rudraksha and wear it on the MahaShivratri day. My question is if I begin worshipping with flowers, what happens with the Karma balance you were mentioning? Could you please explain that in a bit more detail??

Respected Members,

I have been following this post and a question occured to me. Does it then mean that one should not worship Narayana AND Shiva and/or Shakti at the same time? I am a devout bhakta of Shri Krishna (since He is also a form of Vishnu) but at the same time I worship Shiva and Devi too. Is this contradictory by any chance? Am very eager to know this since a long time...

Webyogi ji, Maharishi ji and other members' comments are awaited.

Hare Krnsa!

Namaskar,

Every one in the Universe has its own role to play. For the same person the role may be different. For example, a person may be a father but may be also a son to his parents and a brother to his/her sister, or nephew to someone else and thus he has to play the role of a different person at the same time. The different persons may view at different angles in getting affection and love. When you meditate really well and worshiping all whether Narayana or Shiva or Bhavani Ma etc at the same time, you will get your answer and experience that it is not contradictory. In my humble opinion, it is your choice to worship who or not, but, if you worshiping Shiva or any other it does not mean that you can not worship Narayana and it is contradictory.

-WebYogi-

But till now, I have been doing all my worship without flowers - just by chanting the Ashtakshari (Om Namo Narayana), Panchakshari (Om Namah Shivaya) and some beej mantras of devi... Presently, i hope to receive my one-mukhi rudraksha and wear it on the MahaShivratri day. My question is if I begin worshipping with flowers, what happens with the Karma balance you were mentioning? Could you please explain that in a bit more detail??

Namaskar,

In my humble opinion, you are ahead of millions by just doing your worship without flowers. I answered recently this question in one of these posts and I will put it again as follows:

First of all, the purpose behind offering the flowers is important. Most people when doing pooja like to decorate with flowers and others like to offer the flower itself to bhagwan because the flower is pretty and the sent is pleasing. Now I know what I am about to say may seem a little extreme to some, but another way of looking at offering the flowers is like sacrificing the flowers so now the distinction is between violence and non-violence. It is the offering of a part of a plant to please another. And the question comes, what right do we have to offer something that does not belong to us in order to please another? The plant is also a living being, and we are naturally doing harm to it by plucking the flower. Now if our intent was different and maybe using the plant for medicine then we are more justified as our purpose is greater than decoration or to please someone. But even then we are creating some negative (bad) karma just not as to the same degree. So my advice is that first of all don’t use the flowers unless you have a justified reason and even then ask the plant for the flower first and then take the flower and in return give the plant water or fertilizer in exchange. So if we really think about it our intent here is to seek Divine help, and the Divine will naturally not appreciate such acts as we are harming another in order to help ourselves.

I hope it helps in understanding this question.

-WebYogi-

Dear webyogi ji,

Pooja with flowers is practiced from time immemorial.Even lord Rama,as a human being used flowers for poojas.Even lord krishana adorns one always.No temple niyamanas go devoid of flowers.Even mata Andal wore one daily before offering the same to the lord.If offering flowers to god is like a sacrifice of a life,even plucking of vegetables,fruits,leaves etc which are god given to sustain lives is also a wicked act.

Probably I could be wrong in such a comparison.Let us have your valuable comment.

Regards.

M.R.Moorthi

Hari OM

Bhagavad Gita 9.26

patram pushpam phalam toyam

yo me bhaktya prayacchati

tad aham bhakty-upahritam

ashnami prayatatmanah

If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it.

Lord Sri Krishna.

Devotee of Lord Vishnu by birth or belief , can pray the 9 avatars of Sri Vishnu .They represent the Navagrahas. The 10th avatar Kalki is yet to appear. So,there is no dasama graha.

USR

Greetings everyone!

If flowers is 'bali' then so is water because its precious, the incense causes pollution and so many more things become useless.

There is meaning that goes deeper in all religious activities. At my place of work, there are some who do not believe in astrology. They scorn at the very idea of remedies. "Why should we donate green dal? Is God fond of green daal only, how choosy!"

I ask them point blank, what do they know about it? How can we debunk something, without knowing anything about it?

The same rule applies to praying with flowers. I will not call it 'mandatory' if there are circumstantial issues in arranging for puja samagri. Here are some traditional thoughts associated with why certain things are used for puja. I found this from answers.

Jal (Water) Puja:

Water symbolizes the ocean. Every living being continuously travels through Ocean of birth, life, death, and misery. This puja reminds that one should live the life with honesty, truthfulness, love and compassion towards all living beings. This way one

will be able to cross the Life Ocean and attain Moksha or liberation.

Chandan ( Sandal-wood) Puja:

Chandan symbolizes Knowledge (Jnan). During this puja, one should reflect on Right Knowledge. Right knowledge means proper understanding of reality which includes Soul, Karma, and their relationship. Bhakti or Devotion helps in the early

stages of one’s effort for liberation.

Pushpa ( Flower) Puja:

Flower symbolizes conduct. Our conduct should be like a flower, which provides fragrance and beauty to all living beings without discrimination. We should live our life like flowers with full of love and compassion towards all living beings.

Dhup ( Incense) Puja:

Dhup symbolizes ascetic life. While burning itself, Dhup provides fragrance to others. Similarly true monks and nuns spend their entire life selflessly for the benefit of all living beings. This puja reminds that one should thrive for an ascetic life which

ultimately leads to liberation.

Deepak ( Candle) Puja:

The flame of Deepak represents a Pure Consciousness or a Soul without any bondage or a Liberated Soul. The ultimate

goal of every living being is to become liberated from karma. By doing this puja, one should thrive to follow Five great Vows: Non-violence, Truthfulness, Non-stealing, Chastity, and Non- possession. Ultimately these proper conducts couple with right

faith and knowledge will lead to liberation.

Akshat (Rice) Puja:

The household rice is the kind of grain seeds, which are non- fertile. One cannot grow rice plants by seeding the household rice. Symbolically it means that rice is the

last birth. By doing this puja one should thrive to put all the efforts in the life in such a way that this life becomes one’s last life and after the end of this life one will be liberated and will not be reborn again.

Naivedya (Sweet) Puja:

Naivedya symbolizes a tasty food. By doing this puja, one should thrive to reduce or eliminate the attachment to tasty food. Healthy food is essential for survival, however one should no live for to eat a tasty food. Ultimate aim in one’s life is to

attain a life where no food is essential for our existence and that is the life of liberated soul, who lives in Moksha forever in ultimate bliss.

Fal (Fruit) Puja:

Fruit symbolizes Moksha or Liberation. If we live our lives without any attachments to worldly affair, continue to perform our duty without any expectation and reward, be witnessed to all the incidents that occurred surrounding to and within us, truly

follow ascetic life, and have a love and compassion to all living beings, we will attain fruit of Moksha or liberation. This is the last puja symbolizing the ultimate achievement of our life.

In the end we adorn the idol-

Call Aangi- usually very attractive, creates good bhav

during Darshan.

Vandan Kirtan

After the idol worship is done, we do bahv puja, recite studies, do chaitya vandan etc.

All the ceremonies help us in two ways. First, we feel happy, our heart experiences an internal joy. Secondly, it helps in destroying kashayas, plant seeds of good qualities in us and destroy many karmas. Understanding the meaning of all sutras certainly helps us in increasing bhava, joy and instead of a ritual, it becomes a daily necessity. Aarati usually has done in evening. It symbolizes the joy after performing all religious activities in temple. It destroys all karmas and brings happiness to life.

webyogiji,

M.R.moorthi ji has made a thoughtful brief comment on your view of offering flowers to gods,followed by a very crisp quote from Bhagavata Gita(Lord Krishana Himself favouring such sacred act) by USR JI and DeepaJi's great one as follows.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1130833 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1130833 style="BORDER-TOP: #cfcfcf 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfcfcf 1px solid">Greetings everyone!

If flowers is 'bali' then so is water because its precious, the incense causes pollution and so many more things become useless.

There is meaning that goes deeper in all religious activities. At my place of work, there are some who do not believe in astrology. They scorn at the very idea of remedies. "Why should we donate green dal? Is God fond of green daal only, how choosy!"

I ask them point blank, what do they know about it? How can we debunk something, without knowing anything about it?

The same rule applies to praying with flowers. I will not call it 'mandatory' if there are circumstantial issues in arranging for puja samagri. Here are some traditional thoughts associated with why certain things are used for puja. I found this from answers.

Jal (Water) Puja:

Water symbolizes the ocean. Every living being continuously travels through Ocean of birth, life, death, and misery. This puja reminds that one should live the life with honesty, truthfulness, love and compassion towards all living beings. This way one

Chandan symbolizes Knowledge (Jnan). During this puja, one should reflect on Right Knowledge. Right knowledge means proper understanding of reality which includes Soul, Karma, and their relationship. Bhakti or Devotion helps in the early

Pushpa ( Flower) Puja:

Flower symbolizes conduct. Our conduct should be like a flower, which provides fragrance and beauty to all living beings without discrimination. We should live our life like flowers with full of love and compassion towards all living beings.

Dhup ( Incense) Puja:

Dhup symbolizes ascetic life. While burning itself, Dhup provides fragrance to others. Similarly true monks and nuns spend their entire life selflessly for the benefit of all living beings. This puja reminds that one should thrive for an ascetic life which

Deepak ( Candle) Puja:

The flame of Deepak represents a Pure Consciousness or a Soul without any bondage or a Liberated Soul. The ultimate

goal of every living being is to become liberated from karma. By doing this puja, one should thrive to follow Five great Vows: Non-violence, Truthfulness, Non-stealing, Chastity, and Non- possession. Ultimately these proper conducts couple with right

Akshat (Rice) Puja:

The household rice is the kind of grain seeds, which are non- fertile. One cannot grow rice plants by seeding the household rice. Symbolically it means that rice is the

last birth. By doing this puja one should thrive to put all the efforts in the life in such a way that this life becomes one’s last life and after the end of this life one will be liberated and will not be reborn again.

Naivedya (Sweet) Puja:

Naivedya symbolizes a tasty food. By doing this puja, one should thrive to reduce or eliminate the attachment to tasty food. Healthy food is essential for survival, however one should no live for to eat a tasty food. Ultimate aim in one’s life is to

attain a life where no food is essential for our existence and that is the life of liberated soul, who lives in Moksha forever in ultimate bliss.

Fal (Fruit) Puja:

Fruit symbolizes Moksha or Liberation. If we live our lives without any attachments to worldly affair, continue to perform our duty without any expectation and reward, be witnessed to all the incidents that occurred surrounding to and within us, truly

follow ascetic life, and have a love and compassion to all living beings, we will attain fruit of Moksha or liberation. This is the last puja symbolizing the ultimate achievement of our life.

during Darshan.

Vandan Kirtan

After the idol worship is done, we do bahv puja, recite studies, do chaitya vandan etc.

All the ceremonies help us in two ways. First, we feel happy, our heart experiences an internal joy. Secondly, it helps in destroying kashayas, plant seeds of good qualities in us and destroy many karmas. Understanding the meaning of all sutras certainly helps us in increasing bhava, joy and instead of a ritual, it becomes a daily necessity. Aarati usually has done in evening. It symbolizes the joy after performing all religious activities in temple. It destroys all karmas and brings happiness to life.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

deepa.bhandari@gmail.com

We will await your valuable response.

Kind regards,

Anusha

<!-- / sig --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfcfcf 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->

user_offline.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->reputation.gif <!-- [sTART HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.3' CHANGEID= 7 ] --><!-- [END HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.3' CHANGEID= 7 ] -->report.gif

</TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

For devotees of Shri Vishnu, the concerned incarnation can be used in propitiating the concerned planet. This can help them in following their faith and reservation wrt praying Shiva or Shakti deities .

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Sr No

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Avatar

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Graha

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Planet

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>1

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Matsthya

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Ketu

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Ketu

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>2

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Kurma

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shani

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Saturn

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>3

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Varaha

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Rahu

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Rahu

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>4

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Narasimha

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Kuja

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Mars

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>5

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Vamana

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Guru

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Jupitor

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>6

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Parashurama

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Sukra

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Venus

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>7

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Rama

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Surya

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Sun

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 8"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>8

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Krishna

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Chandra

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Moon

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 9; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>9

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Balarama

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Budha

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Mercury

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Others also can use this information if they want.

USR

webyogiji,

M.R.moorthi ji has made a thoughtful brief comment on your view of offering flowers to gods,followed by a very crisp quote from Bhagavata Gita(Lord Krishana Himself favouring such sacred act) by USR JI and DeepaJi's great one as follows.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1130833 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1130833 style="BORDER-TOP: #cfcfcf 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfcfcf 1px solid">Greetings everyone!

Jal (Water) Puja:

Pushpa ( Flower) Puja:

Dhup ( Incense) Puja:

Deepak ( Candle) Puja:

Akshat (Rice) Puja:

Naivedya (Sweet) Puja:

Fal (Fruit) Puja:

during Darshan.

Vandan Kirtan

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

deepa.bhandari@gmail.com

We will await your valuable response.

Kind regards,

Anusha

<!-- / sig -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfcfcf 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->

user_offline.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->reputation.gif <!-- [sTART HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.3' CHANGEID= 7 ] --><!-- [END HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.3' CHANGEID= 7 ] -->report.gif

</TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Namaskar,

Thanks a lot for your comments and questions. I really enjoyed seeing others point of view on this matter and the quotations from literature and scriptures. Like many of you I too have used flowers when doing pooja when I was a teenager and younger adult. I must admit, at the time I did so not thinking of the real purpose behind it and merely did it because that’s the way it was taught to me and that is the way it is written. I now realize that this was not the best approach as it is usually worthwhile to analyze the reason behind our actions so we have a better understanding. With that said let me try to clarify the point I was trying to make earlier.

Ok so the first comment was that even Ram Bhagwan did pooja with flowers. I am not saying that doing pooja with flowers is a sin; I am saying that plucking the flowers without the plants permission is a sin. How can we compare ourselves to Ram Bhagwan in doing the pooja, is my question? How do you know how he acquired the flowers? Since he is God he could have easily communicated his message to the plant and then taken the flowers with due permission (an example is given below), he may have used flowers that were already detached from the branch etc. The bottom line is that we are not sure of the whole circumstance. The Ramayana is not the complete version of Ram Bhagwan’s life, but merely the highlights if I may say so.

Furthermore, as long as we are talking about Sri Ram and Ramayana let me give you one such example from Ramayana. At one point Laxman needed the Sanjivini butti in order to survive so Sri Ram sends Hanuman Ji to retrieved the butti. Hanuman Ji not knowing which of the rare plants was needed got the whole mountain. Vaidhya Sukhen then points out the correct one and Hanuman Ji then goes to pluck the Sanjivini butti. Then as he is about the take it he is stopped by Vaidhya Sukhen. Vaidhya Sukhen says the method of obtaining the plant was not right so he proceeds to get permission from the plant and then takes it properly. So I can pretty much say without a doubt that there is a correct way and an incorrect way to take the butti, flower, stem etc. I am sure that Bhagwan knows the correct way of asking permission so he is able to do the pooja without repercussions, however we unfortunately don’t so it is best not to do the pooja with flowers.

The next comment was whether offering water is the same as offering a flower. I have to say No to that comment. The reasoning is that a flower is part of a living entity and the flower is being forcefully removed from that entity without permission thus causing harm to the plant. That is not the case for water by which harm is not done. Now your next point is that fine water isn’t a living entity but it is still precious and I agree with you absolutely but you must take a look at the magnitude of harm. Offering an animal is worse than offering a plant, offering plant is worse than offering a precious substance like water. But now think why we offer a flower to God… because it looks pretty or it smells nice. Why offer water…so God may drink it (not that he needs to). So once again the basic point is that one (offering flowers) is being used for a lesser and more insignificant purpose.

Thus when someone seeks advice from me astrologically or otherwise, surely I will try my best to help the person. So at the same time I would like to help the person by encouraging become vegetarian, not to use flowers while doing pooja, avoiding buying leather items, so they will not accumulate any negative Karma. Although even if it seems small or negligible the effects are sometimes great enough to help us achieve our goals.

Once Mahavir said, what you do not want for yourself, do not wish for others.

-WebYogi-

Dear Webyogi ji,

Thank you for your view.

I just give below a portion of the thread above posted by M.R.Moorthi Ji for which may we have your considered view?

"If offering flowers to god is like a sacrifice of a life,even plucking of vegetables,fruits,leaves etc which are god given to sustain lives is also a wicked act.

Probably I could be wrong in such a comparison.Let us have your valuable comment.

Regards.

M.R.Moorthi"

Deep regards,

Anusha

Dear Webyogi ji,

Thank you for your view.

I just give below a portion of the thread above posted by M.R.Moorthi Ji for which may we have your considered view?

"If offering flowers to god is like a sacrifice of a life,even plucking of vegetables,fruits,leaves etc which are god given to sustain lives is also a wicked act.

Regards.

M.R.Moorthi"

Deep regards,

Anusha

Namaskar,

Thanks a lot in partially answering the question yourself. Yes, to sustain lives, vegetables have use. Let us consider following groups for simplicity to understand the concept little bit more in deeper sense:

Group 1 : Wheat, and other grains (not taking plant life, no torture or stress to plant)

Group 2: Underground crops-A: Peanuts, turmeric etc (not taking plant life, no torture or stress to plant)

Group 3: Vegetables and Fruits (not taking plant life, but torture or stress to plant).

Group 4: Underground crops-B: Potatoes, Onions etc (life form still persists)

Group 5: Animal products (killing of an animal that has all the senses compare to plant life)

We harvest the grains when the crop is matured and so also other grains; no killing of the plant is involved. Since no killing of the plants involved, no accumulation of the negative Karma involved. Peanuts etc if harvested immaturely, it is not good for the oil production. For oil production, peanuts have to be matured and when you take it out, again no killing of the plant is involved and thus no accumulation of the negative karma involved. If you put onion etc on the shelves without dirt or fertilizer they will start to germinate as the life still persists. Thus, in this group one can see why accumulation of negative karma may involve. Thus, many people eat some of the crops grown underground but not all (even they know it is good for the health). The concept of non-violence is involved and this is related to accumulation of Karma. How one can imagine that Karma involved in eating above group of products to “sustain lives” will be the same?

Coming back to flowers, they are still the part of the plant like vegetables (like group 3 above). Are they required to “sustain lives”? Or, they are used for decoration, beauty, scent and thrown away and plant does not feel any stress when take it? (Please refer to my previous post with the example of Sanjivini Butti). Unless flowers have a medicinal or eating purpose, I can not think of comparing acts of plucking flowers with that of plucking vegetables have the same purpose. Which act is “wicked” or not is not up to me to decide, as on this Earth almost all can justify their doing. In my opinion, one has to weigh one act over the other, the intention and the purpose involved to reduce the accumulation of karma to free from the cycle of birth and death, the ultimate goal of every life form.

WebYogi-

One member gave his Ramayan story on Sri Hanumanji as

Furthermore, as long as we are talking about Sri Ram and Ramayana let me give you one such example from Ramayana. At one point Laxman needed the Sanjivini butti in order to survive so Sri Ram sends Hanuman Ji to retrieved the butti. Hanuman Ji not knowing which of the rare plants was needed got the whole mountain. Vaidhya Sukhen then points out the correct one and Hanuman Ji then goes to pluck the Sanjivini butti. Then as he is about the take it he is stopped by Vaidhya Sukhen. Vaidhya Sukhen says the method of obtaining the plant was not right so he proceeds to get permission from the plant and then takes it properly. So I can pretty much say without a doubt that there is a correct way and an incorrect way to take the butti, flower, stem etc. I am sure that Bhagwan knows the correct way of asking permission so he is able to do the pooja without repercussions, however we unfortunately don’t so it is best not to do the pooja with flowers.

This is not told by Shri Valmiki Maharshi in his “Sri Madramayan” Yuddhakanda. Hope the sacred book is not twisted to convey a meaning suitable to suit our ideas. If it is from Kamba Ramayan or other sources no comments ,as they are not original. When giving such stories better the source is also mentioned.This is only to bring the facts to light to our members/guests about the most revered scripture on this earth.

For devotees of Shri Vishnu, the concerned incarnation can be used in propitiating the concerned planet. This can help them in following their faith and reservation wrt praying Shiva or Shakti deities .

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 480; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: .5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev: .5pt solid windowtext" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Sr No

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Avatar

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Graha

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Planet

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>1

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Matsthya

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>2

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Kurma

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shani

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Saturn

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>3

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Varaha

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>4

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Narasimha

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Kuja

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Mars

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>5

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Vamana

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Guru

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Jupitor

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>6

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Parashurama

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Sukra

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Venus

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>7

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Rama

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Surya

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Sun

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 8"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>8

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Krishna

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Chandra

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Moon

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 9; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>9

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Shri Balarama

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Budha

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top>Mercury

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Others also can use this information if they want.

USR

Respected USR Ji, Pranams:pray:

A request. Will you please give the process of praying Ishta devata & the appropiate Dvadakshari mantra/sloka for each deity of Ishta devata?

This will be helpful to the members interested and learners like me to help others.

Deep regards,:pray:

Anusha

Anushaji,

Pl contact me @ my email ID. Whatever information I got on this subject, I will tell you.You can clarify what exactly you mean by Ishta Devata and only Dvadakshari .You got any particular deity in mind.

You can use the information for suggesting to others, only when asked by them.Slokas can be recited as it is,But mantras are to be recited with proper way in particular swara and are powerful.If they are uttered in an improper way they cause more damage than help.

In this Kaliyuga only prayers/Namasmaran and good deeds are enough to protect.

with best wishes,

USR

Anushaji,

Pl contact me @ my email ID. Whatever information I got on this subject, I will tell you.You can clarify what exactly you mean by Ishta Devata and only Dvadakshari .You got any particular deity in mind.

You can use the information for suggesting to others, only when asked by them.Slokas can be recited as it is,But mantras are to be recited with proper way in particular swara and are powerful.If they are uttered in an improper way they cause more damage than help.

In this Kaliyuga only prayers/Namasmaran and good deeds are enough to protect.

with best wishes,

USR

Respected Sir, Pranams:pray:

I will do as suggested with a copy of this thread for your immediate reference.Very kind of you.

Regards,

Anusha

Respected All,

When learned astrologers recommend to worship ‘Lord Narayana’, it goes without saying that upasana of godess Laxmi should also be practiced simultaneously.

Laxmi upasana is a must, if you want to please lord Narayana.

Most of the stotras for Vishnu upasana written by Vaishnava scholars always start with the name of goddess laxmi. In fact, lord narsimha is always called by name Laxmi narsimha.

Following are the some of the important stotras used to please goddess laxmi –

~Sri Sukta

~Argala Stotra from Durga Saptashati

Highly recommended – if you know Sanskrit (anvaya) then you can chant otherwise listen to it devotionally

~Sri Mahalaxmi Gayatri

or otherwise you may daily chant for 9/18/27 times or listen devotionally to Sri Mahalaxmi Gayatri

II Mahalaxmicha Vidmahe Vishnupatnicha Dhimahi Tanno Laxmi Prachodayat II

Other respected members can correct me if I have mentioned anything incorrect here.

Best Regards,

Mandar