IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Definition Of Diksha

Rate this topic

Thanks to both of you for your exemplary humility.

were was that humility in

Thiest,

you jumped to quickly to insult me when I was only being sarcastic about cbrahma in LA, yet you run to defend his complete nonsense.

You want to lump all initiated devotees in with the arrogant bastards that destroyed my Gurujis movement, sorry you don't know me pal, at all!

Did you not read the apology?? Please open your eyes my dear Kitty Cat friend.

Humility is knowing when someone has reacted in a manner they felt was incorrect and had the courage to acknowladge the improper behaviour and appologised accordingly as Theis prabhu has done

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada

Past is past. We accept everything as a learning process and move on developing our character.

When I was a child I remember this one uncle who was really into polishing agates he would find on the beach. He used this little machine called a rock tumbler. It just kept turning over and over and the pile of agates inside would tumble and roll over each other. After a prolonged period of time the agates would become extremely smooth and shiny.

This is one way I view this forum. We are all illusioned condition souls in the rough of development however if we keep Krishna in the center we will eventually have all the rough edges smoothed out and we will also shine.

If we hold onto resentments and negative feelings we only delay this process of development.

When I was a child I remember this one uncle who was really into polishing agates he would find on the beach. He used this little machine called a rock tumbler. It just kept turning over and over and the pile of agates inside would tumble and roll over each other. After a prolonged period of time the agates would become extremely smooth and shiny.

I really like this!

:)

I really like this!

:)

Yeah we are just agates in the rough and Krishna is using us to smooth and polish each other up.

Actually since we are all parts of God I am sure we will find ourselves to be much more than agates.

Past is past. We accept everything as a learning process and move on developing our character.

This is one way I view this forum. We are all illusioned condition souls in the rough of development however if we keep Krishna in the center we will eventually have all the rough edges smoothed out and we will also shine.

If we hold onto resentments and negative feelings we only delay this process of development.

Thanks for the wisdom on many fronts. :idea: ..... compassion, forgiveness and application of an experience to a theological representation combined with good philosophical approach to experiencing the event.

are you a 'mad' man incognito? :)

I am closer to Alfred E. Neumen than anything. Funny thing, I have identified with Alfred since I was a little boy. I may be morphing into a real life Alfred. But I am not worried...chanting the Holy name is wide open to the Alfred's of the world even though none of us are formally initiated.;)

Hare Krishna!

I am closer to Alfred E. Neumen than anything. Funny thing, I have identified with Alfred since I was a little boy. I may be morphing into a real life Alfred. But I am not worried...chanting the Holy name is wide open to the Alfred's of the world even though none of us are formally initiated.;)

Hare Krishna!

Is AL the MAD mascot?

Is being alive formal initiation into existence?

Congradulation!

Hare Krishna!

This is completely bogus!!! First of all Theist, you don't even know how to spell - N. E. W. M. A. N. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad2: Second, I know for a fact that the honorable Alfred E. Newman received crazy man diksa on Oct. 13, 1939. (Which just happenned to be on Friday the 13th). So there you cad!!!

-----------------------------

C. C.C. brahma, now see what you have done....

This is completely bogus!!! First of all Theist, you don't even know how to spell - N. E. W. M. A. N. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!madani1.gif Second, I know for a fact that the honorable Alfred E. Newman received crazy man diksa on Oct. 13, 1939. (Which just happenned to be on Friday the 13th). So there you cad!!!

Another imposter. This is the price I pay for being famous.

Don't be fooled by Newman being the dominant name on google images. They have it wrong.

You can trust wiki however and if anyone is interested there is a very brief bio. on my life there as well, but please note they have no idea to my true origin for I existed long long before Mad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_E._Neuman

Another imposter. This is the price I pay for being famous.

Don't be fooled by Newman being the dominant name on google images. They have it wrong.

You can trust wiki however and if anyone is interested there is a very brief bio. on my life there as well, but please note they have no idea to my true origin for I existed long long before Mad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_E._Neuman

:smash: Origin Of The Soul Of Alfred

"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these MAD :P (Mutual Assured Destruction) people assembled here on these forums ; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be." :pray:

Nonsense as usual...but just to ask, does this include Prabhupada and Chaitanya?

. People do not consider whether he's a brahmana or ksatriya or vaisya or sudra. As he likes... People are sudras. Kalau sudra-sambhavah. In the Kali-yuga everyone is a sudra. Therefore naturally he will elect one sudra. The sudra is not fit for government management. As such we find so many difficulties in the government because the head or the head man, they are all sudras. They have dressed like administrator, but they are sudras. This is the symptom of Kali-yuga. There is no brahmana, there is no ksatriya, there is no vaisyas. Maybe a few vaisyas, and all sudras. A brahmana means the good quality, first-class quality. That is very, very rare to be found.

"Kali Began With Animal Killing"

Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.16.4

Los Angeles, January 1, 1974

Srila Prabhupada

Please do not call Prabhupada's purport nonsense.

Best to put shvu on your ignore list! Also report him to the admin 5 for bad posts.

Pray for him that Krsna may take away his burning hatred and envy of the Vaisnavas.:pray:

Cats are supposed to have nice vision.

Or maybe it's me who do not conceive the depth.

If the latter is true then, please explain me so.

Srila Prabupada was always very PROUD of his initiated disciples,

Those of you who minimize his giving of initiations are insulting HIM directly!

He didn't want his disciples to be PROUD of their initiation. And again the formal diksa was not the important thing according to him.

• <SMALL></SMALL><SMALL>Srila Prabhupada Letter to Dinesh, 31/10/69:
    "...disciplic succession does not always mean that one has to be initiated officially. Disciplic succession means to accept the disciplic conclusion. " </SMALL>
    <SMALL>
    </SMALL><SMALL>Srila Prabhupada Interview, 16/10/76, Chandigarh:
    "Well, initiation or no initiation, first thing is knowledge..... Initiation is formality. Just like you go to a school for knowledge, and admission is formality. That is not very important thing." </SMALL>
    <SMALL></SMALL>

The offensive disciples are those who take the formality as something to be lording over others. False prestige, name , fame and distinction are material. This degrades the discipleship and insults Prabhupada directly.

I've more often seen these so-called sadhakas become envious of those who advance spirituallly and pleased when they can condescend to those who are not members.

We may all be born sudra or lower, but we do not have to stay that way. As the BG says, all 4 varnas are a natural creation of Krsna. If you cultivate properly your natural tendencies, you can ascend to the proper varna of your natural position. This is what the Vaishnava reformers in our line have been teaching.

My diksa was hard earned, and the person giving it had the right qualifications at the time. But what would you know about either (proper qualifications for giving and accepting of diksa)? The level of bias, arrogance, and ignorance is consistent with those displayed by the many acid-head hippies Prabhupada gave shelter to in America. Many of these low born people have elevated themselves to the level of wonderful Vaishnavas. That is not quite the case with you. You are full of malice even towards very advanced Vaishnavas like Sridhara Maharaja and Narayana Maharaja, what to speak of common sadhakas like me. I bear no grudge with you but Krsna will not easily forgive you the nonsense you are saying about His dear devotees like SM and NM. Just like other people who offend Vaishnavas, you are unable to advance past your very preliminary kanistha stage. May Krsna have mercy on you.

However, it isn't the formal diksa that accomplishes the change of varna.

That is more magical thinking and not what Prabhupada taught.

Regarding NM, I haven't said anything on my own behalf. Simply repeating what is the case and what I have experienced directly from his disciples. You, on the other hand, have no problem questioning Prabhupada's teachings.

27.jpg

Srila Prabupada was always very PROUD of his initiated disciples,

Those of you who minimize his giving of initiations are insulting HIM directly!

Best to put shvu on your ignore list! Also report him to the admin 5 for bad posts.

Pray for him that Krsna may take away his burning hatred and envy of the Vaisnavas.:pray:

He has been on mine for awhile.

Come on dude...you are being a baby. Putting people on your ignore list just because they are right and proved you wrong? Isn't that over-reacting? But on second thought, you have been born a Shudra and cannot speak intelligently. So I really should not expect anything better than being on your ignore list.

Btw, I love Vaishnavas which makes you wrong. It is this love that makes me write these posts to correct their mistakes (they make a lot of mistakes as they have been born as Shudras by their own admission and lack intelligence) and show them the way. Isn't that the humane thing to do?

Admin5 is mot sleeping. He/She is watching all the posts here and knows what to do.

Cheers

He has been on mine for awhile.

I appreciate that. I also notice you have finally given up your penchant for periodically mocking Hindus, Advaita/Mayavada and your "Vaishnava is not Hindu" and "Jesus is Vaishnava" thumping.

It was so bordering paranoia that I was worried you were incapable of a cure. But praise the Lord, for our efforts did not go in vain and you have been cured. The world is a better place today by this change.

Cheers

Funny:P because CBrahma has put you on ignore, and so he wouldn't be able to take your advice. Hope you appreciate the irony, though.;)

Funny:P because CBrahma has put you on ignore, and so he wouldn't be able to take your advice. Hope you appreciate the irony, though.;)

Let us hope Krsna has not put you on ignore and can still read your posts.

This ignore option sounds cool. Should try it sometime.

Cheers

Because during his manifest lila during the years from around 1943 to 1988 Srila Sridhar Maharaj was a "living guru". IOW he was a person who appeared to have form in this world although we accept that his body was totally spiritualized. Through his sound vibration he always emphasized substance over form (formality). Yet, he gave formal hare nama and diksa mantra initiation to his followers, the same way that his guru, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur did. The same way that Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada did. You could always take the concept of subtance over form to the extreme as some do. You could say that since Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said there are no hard and fast rules for the chanting of the holy names of Krsna, it is completely unnecessary to chant on tulasi mala, that one should just chant in his mind. But we have been instructed to chant on tulasi mala at least 16 rounds of hare nama daily. We have also been told to receive these beads after they have been chanted on by our guru. Then there are so many details of devotional service; the idea of substance over form is basically not to sweat the details. The details are there, but try to look for the inner devotional meaning of the details. The anti-diksa proponents not only minimize the details of sadhana bhakti but the main pillar which is guru nistha or firm faith in guru. They think that only Prabhupada's books are necessary but within those books he has given the example of how one cannot become a medical doctor just by reading books, but rather one must study directly under a bona fide medical doctor (medical college). Srila Sridhar Maharaj had formal diksa from his guru and most of the persons that he was speaking to (Sri Guru and His Grace comes from recorded talks) also had formal diksa. And most of those who did not, later took it directly from him. His teachings must be viewed in this context otherwise one will get a completely wrong idea about things.

I understand the concept you are presenting but those of the living guru advocates seem to think that the guru is always physically there to correct you and answer every question instantly and my understanding is that is just not the case and you hardly ever actually get to see the living guru and I thought I even read that Prabhupada only saw his guru a few times and not for very long. So ultimately wether you have a physically present guru or not you have to do a lot of reading in order to try and understand Krishna Consciousness so I don't see why the living guru advocates have a problem with people reading Srimad Bhagavatam. If Prabhupada didn't want people reading his books why did he make them available to the public?

Diksa is a matchless gift bestowed upon us from above, the spiritual truth of KRSNA manifesting/descending in our whole being as pure transcedental knowledge making us servants of KRSNA, and thereby eligible for pure love: KRSNA prema.:pray: