IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gHari

Kali-Yuga is Here

Rate this topic

From an early essay from Srila A.C Bhaktivedanta:

The symptoms of Kali-yuga are vividly described in another chapter of BhAgavatam (Canto 12 Chapter 2) [s.B. 12.2.1]. It is said there that money will be the pivot of all activities in the Kali-yuga. It is money only which shall always and alone classify the different orders of society without any reference to the quality of birth or work and it is money only which will decide the propriety of one's claim in the matter of justice, freedom and equality. Personal attractiveness will decide the question of conjugal life between husband and wife and the process of cheating each other will be the crux of business transactions. Sexuality will be considered as the standard of men's or women's superiority and a mere piece of thread on the body will mark the sign of one's belonging in higher three orders of society. Simply by a change of garb i.e. from a white garment to the red and holding a rod as a mark of renunciation, will transfer anybody to the renounced order of life. One's inability to pay sufficiently will deprive one of receiving justice in the court and anyone who shall have the audacity to be an egoist, shall be considered as the most learned fellow.

To become stricken with poverty will be considered as one's being dishonest and pride and vanity will be the standard of honesty. Marriage will be validated by mere acceptance of an agreement and the simple act of washing one's body will serve all purposes of dressing.

Holy places of sacred water situated far off from one's home, will be considered as the place of pilgrimage; keeping long hairs on the head will be misunderstood as increasing the lustre of one's personal beauty. Self-realization will be identified with the mere filling of one's belly with foodstuff; truth will be realised by impertinence of behavior; ability will be measured by the process of maintaining one's family well, and religiosity will be practised for the sake of reputation.

When the whole atmosphere will be surcharged with the abovementioned symptoms of Kali-yuga--whoever amongst the brAhmaNas, kSatriyas, vaizyas or zUdras will be powerful, shall capture the reins of government. Such governmental administrators will naturally be unkind, selfish, covetous and expert in exploiting poor citizens by plundering their money and women. In such conditions of life the citizens will fly from one place to another as displaced refugees and being overpowered by constant visits of famine, epidemic diseases and overburdened by state taxes, will begin to eat grass, roots, meats, seeds, honey and unknown fruits to the risk of life. Due to scarcity of rains in the field they will gradually disappear from the surface of the earth.

The population in the Kali-yuga will be overtroubled by communal strife, hunger, thirst, diseases, winter, summer, rains and unparalleled anxiety for everything. The living bodies will gradually diminish in stature, the spiritual division of social orders such as four castes or four Azramas will be overcrowded only by the faithless unbelievers and they will lose all faith in the Vedic way of spiritual advancement. The infidel ruler will turn to one to become plunderer and the people in general will be infected unnecessarily with the habit of stealing, dishonesty, violence and similar rabid acts. There will remain no other caste except the zUdras, the cow being reduced to the stature of goat, the hermitages and monasteries being coverted into ordinary house, friendship being maintained only in relation with sexuality, medicinal herbs being impotent in efficacy like grass, big trees being shortened like the saplings, monsoon being devoid of rains and full of lightning and the general population being forced to labour like the ass, SrI KRSNa the Personality of Godhead will appear to reclaim the faithful and vanquish the faithless.

The life of Kali-yuga is estimated to the extent of four lakhs and thirty-two thousands of years beginning from the time of King ParIkSit i.e. after the battle of KurukSetra. As such it will take long long years before the advent of Kalki AvatAra at the end of the Kali-yuga. But the symptoms of Kali-yuga are already in vogue and the state of affairs will gradually deteriorate from bad to worse as it is stated in the BhAgavata PurANa in the most unambiguous term. The affairs will degrade to such an extent that the people in general will look like the Satan of the first magnitude being perturbed by anxieties in respect of state taxes, want of sufficient fooding, clothing, drinking, sleeping, bathing and sexuality. Addicted to unrestricted sexual pleasures only and act of filling the belly with foodstuff not fit for human consumption, low minded debauches will not scruple even to refuse maintaining old father helpless children and wife married from respectable family. The people of Kali-yuga will not worship the Almighty Godhead who is worshiped even by BrahmA and Siva.

Sukadeva GosvAmI the enlightened professor of BhAgavatam said to King ParIkSit that in spite of all the abovementioned deformities of the Kali-yuga, there is one most valuable source of transcendental realization in this age. The asset is that in the Kali-yuga one can transcend all the above troubles and reach to the supreme goal of life simply by chanting process of the transcendental holy name of KRSNa. That is a special prerogative chance for this age.

I think end of kal yug is near.

everyone believes that it has been about 5000 years since kalyug started.

In 5000 years we have seen such a change.

Especially during 20th century, due to increase in transportation and communication, there has been drastic change in religious views.

My grandfather believed on whole hindu god system.

My father belive in a God.

I belive in someone which may be called god.

my son will believe....

My grandson may believe..

I am not sure about whether my brahmin caste will survive the after 3-4 generation. The whole world is changing.

How can we ever imagine that after 427000 years from now, a true brahmin will still be there to give birth to kalki.

Forget about Brahmin, i believe, by then there will be no sign of any religion or caste.

If anything should happen, then its now or within maximum of 40-50 years.

The end.

I think end of kal yug is near.

everyone believes that it has been about 5000 years since kalyug started.

In 5000 years we have seen such a change.

Especially during 20th century, due to increase in transportation and communication, there has been drastic change in religious views.

My grandfather believed on whole hindu god system.

My father belive in a God.

I belive in someone which may be called god.

my son will believe....

My grandson may believe..

I am not sure about whether my brahmin caste will survive the after 3-4 generation. The whole world is changing.

How can we ever imagine that after 427000 years from now, a true brahmin will still be there to give birth to kalki.

Forget about Brahmin, i believe, by then there will be no sign of any religion or caste.

If anything should happen, then its now or within maximum of 40-50 years.

The end.

There will always be at least one devotee in the world but often they are hidden.

Do not give away to mental speculation.

I must admit I have had the same question.

in the span of the last 50,000 years we have seen several ice ages, huge changes in human populations, etc. what will the world look like in 400,000 years? who knows, maybe the sages who have lived through many Kali-yugas are right? I tend to believe them rather than my own imagination. My experiences are very limited.

I must admit I have had the same question.

When the holy scriptures were written it said that kalki would come. This is what is meant to happen and it will. God is the strongest force there is ..Do you know of some other force that can stop God? A person will be sent in the kali yuga era who's sole purpose for being here might be just to give birth to kalki. Did you ever think of that? There is a saying "where there is a will there is a way. Believe me there is a way because this is the Almighty God we are talking about.

Jai Kali Ma

From an early essay from Srila A.C Bhaktivedanta:

The symptoms of Kali-yuga are vividly described in another chapter of BhAgavatam (Canto 12 Chapter 2) [s.B. 12.2.1]. It is said there that money will be the pivot of all activities in the Kali-yuga. It is money only which shall always and alone classify the different orders of society without any reference to the quality of birth or work and it is money only which will decide the propriety of one's claim in the matter of justice, freedom and equality. Personal attractiveness will decide the question of conjugal life between husband and wife and the process of cheating each other will be the crux of business transactions. Sexuality will be considered as the standard of men's or women's superiority and a mere piece of thread on the body will mark the sign of one's belonging in higher three orders of society. Simply by a change of garb i.e. from a white garment to the red and holding a rod as a mark of renunciation, will transfer anybody to the renounced order of life. One's inability to pay sufficiently will deprive one of receiving justice in the court and anyone who shall have the audacity to be an egoist, shall be considered as the most learned fellow.

To become stricken with poverty will be considered as one's being dishonest and pride and vanity will be the standard of honesty. Marriage will be validated by mere acceptance of an agreement and the simple act of washing one's body will serve all purposes of dressing.

Holy places of sacred water situated far off from one's home, will be considered as the place of pilgrimage; keeping long hairs on the head will be misunderstood as increasing the lustre of one's personal beauty. Self-realization will be identified with the mere filling of one's belly with foodstuff; truth will be realised by impertinence of behavior; ability will be measured by the process of maintaining one's family well, and religiosity will be practised for the sake of reputation.

When the whole atmosphere will be surcharged with the abovementioned symptoms of Kali-yuga--whoever amongst the brAhmaNas, kSatriyas, vaizyas or zUdras will be powerful, shall capture the reins of government. Such governmental administrators will naturally be unkind, selfish, covetous and expert in exploiting poor citizens by plundering their money and women. In such conditions of life the citizens will fly from one place to another as displaced refugees and being overpowered by constant visits of famine, epidemic diseases and overburdened by state taxes, will begin to eat grass, roots, meats, seeds, honey and unknown fruits to the risk of life. Due to scarcity of rains in the field they will gradually disappear from the surface of the earth.

The population in the Kali-yuga will be overtroubled by communal strife, hunger, thirst, diseases, winter, summer, rains and unparalleled anxiety for everything. The living bodies will gradually diminish in stature, the spiritual division of social orders such as four castes or four Azramas will be overcrowded only by the faithless unbelievers and they will lose all faith in the Vedic way of spiritual advancement. The infidel ruler will turn to one to become plunderer and the people in general will be infected unnecessarily with the habit of stealing, dishonesty, violence and similar rabid acts. There will remain no other caste except the zUdras, the cow being reduced to the stature of goat, the hermitages and monasteries being coverted into ordinary house, friendship being maintained only in relation with sexuality, medicinal herbs being impotent in efficacy like grass, big trees being shortened like the saplings, monsoon being devoid of rains and full of lightning and the general population being forced to labour like the ass, SrI KRSNa the Personality of Godhead will appear to reclaim the faithful and vanquish the faithless.

The life of Kali-yuga is estimated to the extent of four lakhs and thirty-two thousands of years beginning from the time of King ParIkSit i.e. after the battle of KurukSetra. As such it will take long long years before the advent of Kalki AvatAra at the end of the Kali-yuga. But the symptoms of Kali-yuga are already in vogue and the state of affairs will gradually deteriorate from bad to worse as it is stated in the BhAgavata PurANa in the most unambiguous term. The affairs will degrade to such an extent that the people in general will look like the Satan of the first magnitude being perturbed by anxieties in respect of state taxes, want of sufficient fooding, clothing, drinking, sleeping, bathing and sexuality. Addicted to unrestricted sexual pleasures only and act of filling the belly with foodstuff not fit for human consumption, low minded debauches will not scruple even to refuse maintaining old father helpless children and wife married from respectable family. The people of Kali-yuga will not worship the Almighty Godhead who is worshiped even by BrahmA and Siva.

Sukadeva GosvAmI the enlightened professor of BhAgavatam said to King ParIkSit that in spite of all the abovementioned deformities of the Kali-yuga, there is one most valuable source of transcendental realization in this age. The asset is that in the Kali-yuga one can transcend all the above troubles and reach to the supreme goal of life simply by chanting process of the transcendental holy name of KRSNa. That is a special prerogative chance for this age.

Thank you gHari that was amazing and educational.

When the holy scriptures were written it said that kalki would come. This is what is meant to happen and it will. God is the strongest force there is ..Do you know of some other force that can stop God? A person will be sent in the kali yuga era who's sole purpose for being here might be just to give birth to kalki. Did you ever think of that? There is a saying "where there is a will there is a way. Believe me there is a way because this is the Almighty God we are talking about.

Jai Kali Ma

Oh I see. Yes your unquestioning faith is very strong. I however am still prone to questioning things.

Yes God may send a brahmin just to give birth to Kalki. For all I know you may be that brahmin. How dare I ask why? I should know by now that one should "just believe brother and don't wonder why".:confused:

Why the Srimad Bhagavatam does not talk about avatar comming in the future (only kalki)?

and what will happen between these 427.000 years?

At least Srila Prabhupada in a purport says that if the world is getting worse Lord Krsna would descend again very soon

When Krsna descends He is always accompanied by His entourage.

Srimad Bhagavatam 1.11.39:<BLOCKQUOTE><CENTER><FONT COLOR=RED>taM menire 'balA mUDhAH

straiNaM cAnuvrataM rahaH

apramANa-vido bhartur

IzvaraM matayo yathA

</CENTER>

tam--unto Lord SrI KRSNa; menire--took it for granted; abalAH--delicate; mUDhAH--because of simplicity; straiNam--one who is dominated by his wife; ca--also; anuvratam--follower; rahaH--lonely place; apramANa-vidaH--unaware of the extent of glories; bhartuH--of their husband; Izvaram--the supreme controller; matayaH--thesis; yathA--as it is.

<B></FONT>

The simple and delicate women truly thought that Lord Sri KRSNa, their beloved husband, followed them and was dominated by them. They were unaware of the extent of the glories of their husband, as the atheists are unaware of Him as the supreme controller.

PURPORT

</B>Even the transcendental wives of Lord SrI KRSNa did not know completely the unfathomable glories of the Lord. This ignorance is not mundane because there is some action of the internal potency of the Lord in the exchange of feelings between Him and His eternal associates. The Lord exchanges transcendental relations in five ways, as proprietor, master, friend, son and lover, and in each of these pastimes He plays fully by the potency of yogamAyA, the internal potency. He plays exactly like an equal friend with the cowherd boys or even with friends like Arjuna. He plays exactly like a son in the presence of YazodAmAtA, He plays exactly like a lover in the presence of the cowherd damsels, and He plays exactly like a husband in the presence of the queens of DvArakA.

Such devotees of the Lord never think of the Lord as the Supreme, but think of Him exactly as a common friend, a pet son, or a lover or husband very much dear to heart and soul. That is the relation between the Lord and His transcendental devotees, who act as His associates in the spiritual sky, where there are innumerable VaikuNTha planets.

<B>When the Lord descends, He does so along with His entourage to display a complete picture of the transcendental world, where pure love and devotion for the Lord prevail without any mundane tinge of lording it over the creation of the Lord.</b> Such devotees of the Lord are all liberated souls, perfect representations of the marginal or internal potency in complete negation of the influence of the external potency. The wives of Lord KRSNa were made to forget the immeasurable glories of the Lord by the internal potency so that there might not be any flaw of exchange, and they took it for granted that the Lord was a henpecked husband, always following them in lonely places.

In other words, even the personal associates of the Lord do not know Him perfectly well, so what do the thesis writers or mental speculators know about the transcendental glories of the Lord? The mental speculators present different theses as to His becoming the causes of the creation, the ingredients of the creation, or the material and efficient cause of the creation, etc., but all this is but partial knowledge about the Lord. Factually they are as ignorant as the common man. The Lord can be known by the mercy of the Lord only, and by no other means. But since the dealings of the Lord with His wives are based on pure transcendental love and devotion, the wives are all on the transcendental plane without material contamination.

</BLOCKQUOTE>

------------

From the Bhagavatam Appendix:

Entourage: The Padma PurANa states, eta hi yAdavAH sarve mad-gaNA eva bhAvini/ sarvathA mat-priyA devi mat-tulya-guNa-zAlinaH: "My dear lady, all these YAdavas are My personal associates. They are in all respects very dear to Me, O goddess, and their characters are equal to Mine."

There are two types of people who think that kalki will come after 427000 years:

1> One who believes that as his condition is good so the condition of whole earth is good, so it is not time for kalki to come.:cool:

2>and those who chant gods name and think that they are dear to god/krishna. They assume that now or after 427000 years, they will have no problem with god. Let him come slowly.:sleep:

But god is not like humans.... he is the father of everyone. Not a single tears of human calling him goes lost. :crying2:

In this kalyug, During world war 1 more than 20,000,000 people were killed. During WW II more than 60,000,000 people were killed, out of which the concentration camps of nazis was a living hell made on earth. Now talk about the current situation: In Burma, iraq, afghanisthan people are living life of deads. The developing countries has been gripped by coruption and bruthless killings. The people of developed nation are moving towars sex and money which are taken as the only signals of modern society.

Kalyug is the darkest time, how can he, the god leave us alone when we need him the most.

Humans are not deluded by themselves but by the nature of creation. God understands this.

Current time is not for preacher-god. Even if god himself appears on earth now and claims himself as god. More than half will not believe him as people are gripped by their own religios beliefs and philosophy. If one god comes, there will be hundred reasons to prove that he is a satan.

Preaching (like krishna did) can only be done when there are people who can understand the logic. But current condition is not so, but humans are not to be blamed for this, as i earlier said, they are victim of creation.

Kalki will sure come, Its now. Poor souls started calling god one century ago, its now for him to come. The timing in Veda could go wrong but the cry of souls that started one century ago cant wait another 427000 years.

all you preachers out here, how would you feel if you are tortured every single minute of your life with ultimate suffocation. Would you still pray to god to come after 427000 years to help you ? :mad2:

There are two types of people who think that kalki will come after 427000 years:

1> One who believes that as his condition is good so the condition of whole earth is good, so it is not time for kalki to come.:cool:

2>and those who chant gods name and think that they are dear to god/krishna. They assume that now or after 427000 years, they will have no problem with god. Let him come slowly.:sleep:

But god is not like humans.... he is the father of everyone. Not a single tears of human calling him goes lost. :crying2:

In this kalyug, During world war 1 more than 20,000,000 people were killed. During WW II more than 60,000,000 people were killed, out of which the concentration camps of nazis was a living hell made on earth. Now talk about the current situation: In Burma, iraq, afghanisthan people are living life of deads. The developing countries has been gripped by coruption and bruthless killings. The people of developed nation are moving towars sex and money which are taken as the only signals of modern society.

Kalyug is the darkest time, how can he, the god leave us alone when we need him the most.

Humans are not deluded by themselves but by the nature of creation. God understands this.

Current time is not for preacher-god. Even if god himself appears on earth now and claims himself as god. More than half will not believe him as people are gripped by their own religios beliefs and philosophy. If one god comes, there will be hundred reasons to prove that he is a satan.

Preaching (like krishna did) can only be done when there are people who can understand the logic. But current condition is not so, but humans are not to be blamed for this, as i earlier said, they are victim of creation.

Kalki will sure come, Its now. Poor souls started calling god one century ago, its now for him to come. The timing in Veda could go wrong but the cry of souls that started one century ago cant wait another 427000 years.

all you preachers out here, how would you feel if you are tortured every single minute of your life with ultimate suffocation. Would you still pray to god to come after 427000 years to help you ? :mad2:

We are not going to wait for Kalki Avatara to come to us. We are going to try our hardest to go to the spiritual world instead where we can be always engaged in the service of Krishna.

God has not left us alone. We will never be alone. He is situated right in our hearts as Paramatma. It is just that we don't even realize it.

Gotta admit that describes the civilization that I live in pretty well and it is a bummer. I do not see the Hare Krishna's becoming any major influence on our civilization anytime soon but I suppose things could always change fast if Krishna wants it to. Its like I have always said the only thing more scary than the apocalypse is business as usual.

Gotta admit that describes the civilization that I live in pretty well and it is a bummer. I do not see the Hare Krishna's becoming any major influence on our civilization anytime soon but I suppose things could always change fast if Krishna wants it to. Its like I have always said the only thing more scary than the apocalypse is business as usual.

Here at our place they strongly preach, "look what happened with Prabhupada's movement can't you see what this means?" In other words they say that there's no connection to the actual parampara, the whole thing is disconnected. On the other hand HH Satsvarupa Goswami says, things improve more nad more Bengali devotees are joining:

SDG: They are holding a seminar for teaching Deity worship to about thirty devotees right here, and they hope to do it regularly so as to have standards for Deity worship in ISKCON. But it seems they are teaching at a very high standard. I asked, "How could devotees in America with their understaffed temples come to this standard?"

He said they bought those temples when ISKCON was flourishing and there were many pujaris, so now even with a few pujaris, if they could become inspired to do it, they could come back to that standard.

The temple was filled with Bengali devotees and a few devotees from around the world. This is the off-season. I enjoyed myself sitting in a chair, although many devotees were blocking me. But I caught a headache in the right eye, and I don't think I will continue to attend mangal-aratik. I had to get there by wheelchair.