IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Egg Vegetarian Or Non Vegetarian

Rate this topic

No I know you are not a heartless brute nor have I ever thought that of you. It may be important for you not to give up milk until you have identified a suitable replacement. I have no idea what your health situation is. You mentioned having some very specific problems which is not the case with 99.999% of others who claim health reasons for needing commercial milk.

If you really need milk then you need to connect with some devotees selling milk from protected cows. That may be difficult I know. Until then don't worry about it is my advice. Destroying your health to the point of not being able to do service would be a tragedy greater than using commercial milk.

Wow, you are definitely very udara (generous). After coming to my senses about the use of milk by reading your posts, I am the one who considers myself to be the heartless brute. I am surprised that you have not recognized this colossal blunder and fault of mine.

Actually it is not exactly milk that I need. It is yogurt because if I don't take it I get so much diarreah that I can lose 5-6 pounds in one week and I am just flat on my back. I need yogurt and I need tons of probiotics and I mix them and eat it. I am openly admitting my situation to you.

I do not wish to cause pain to Go-Mata and I feel like I am sinking into the earth with all my faults. :(

Oh diarreah. I wonder what is in the yogurt beyond the probiotics that you need. Maybe nothing. It might just be the probiotics themselves. Which makes sense to me. I know yogurt is wonderful to eat. I had the hardest time with yogurt and kept cheating with it from time to time. Soy yogurt substitues to date have all be rather nasty tasting.

Maybe it is the taste and texture of the yogurt more than anything. Mixing probiotics in yogurt is sure a lot more pleasant then just swallowing them with water.

I rely a lot on fruit and seed smoothies and add all sorts of vits, probiotics and herbs to them. Wonderful taste also. By adding pumpkin, sunflower seaseme, and flax meal to them I get alo of quick and easy nutrtion out of them with little prep and clean up.

Maybe look for other natural ways to stop the diarreah. Does bran help. Add some oat bran to your diet as ceral or in smoothies. You may be able to prevent this problem from different angles and spare mother cow in the process. That would be wonderful.

Sorry I am not more help here. Maybe post any solutions to the diarreah problem you find here. Hopefully others who no some solutions will share them also.

haribol

Oh diarreah. I wonder what is in the yogurt beyond the probiotics that you need. Maybe nothing. It might just be the probiotics themselves. Which makes sense to me. I know yogurt is wonderful to eat. I had the hardest time with yogurt and kept cheating with it from time to time. Soy yogurt substitues to date have all be rather nasty tasting.

Maybe it is the taste and texture of the yogurt more than anything. Mixing probiotics in yogurt is sure a lot more pleasant then just swallowing them with water.

I rely a lot on fruit and seed smoothies and add all sorts of vits, probiotics and herbs to them. Wonderful taste also. By adding pumpkin, sunflower seaseme, and flax meal to them I get alo of quick and easy nutrtion out of them with little prep and clean up.

Maybe look for other natural ways to stop the diarreah. Does bran help. Add some oat bran to your diet as ceral or in smoothies. You may be able to prevent this problem from different angles and spare mother cow in the process. That would be wonderful.

Sorry I am not more help here. Maybe post any solutions to the diarreah problem you find here. Hopefully others who no some solutions will share them also.

haribol

No it is not regular yogurt either. My problem is the probiotics by themselves don't help. I have to have probiotic powder mixed into an activated probiotic yogurt as well. Otherwise I don't have the full effect.

Bran just aggravate it more. Also I have a number of stomach problems and when I eat grains I feel like throwing up. I have had 3 surgeries on my stomach in 8 months. A lot of things feel hard on my stomach.

Medicines don't help either. If I get any thinner I will disappear from thin air! :D

Dear Friends,

[url="http://koottala.multiply.com/photos/album/2/Egg_Vegitarian_or_Non_vegitarian"]

Check these photos and understand Egg is vegetarian or non vegetarian?

I just want to say, thank you. Time and time again, when I see products in the shops with the label "vegetarian", it contains eggs. Goes to show I must be more careful of what I eat. These pictures puts things into perspective and I will never eat anything with egg in it. EVER.

Wow, you are definitely very udara (generous). After coming to my senses about the use of milk by reading your posts, I am the one who considers myself to be the heartless brute. I am surprised that you have not recognized this colossal blunder and fault of mine.

Actually it is not exactly milk that I need. It is yogurt because if I don't take it I get so much diarreah that I can lose 5-6 pounds in one week and I am just flat on my back. I need yogurt and I need tons of probiotics and I mix them and eat it. I am openly admitting my situation to you.

I do not wish to cause pain to Go-Mata and I feel like I am sinking into the earth with all my faults. :(

Dear Indhulekha dd,

Kindly accept my respects and sympathy for your condition.

It is a little difficult to diagnose another's condition without knowing all of their circumstances, and far from being a qualified kaviraj, which is rare these days, I can only offer my meagre understanding of your problem, having experienced similar condition in my younger days.

While traveling in the east extensively I contracted Amoebic dysentry which did the same damage, stripping my body to a mere shell. At the time I was young and ignorant thinking it was just a natural process of toxic elimination, which it was also, so I tried to ride it out, by observing a cleansing diet of mainly fruit. Unfortunately when travelling in the East in the early days, before bottled water, everything including the water could be contaminated.

Anyway it got progressively worse, far beyond diarrea to the point of regular bleeding from the bowell due to the amoeba eating into the lining of the colon, which eventually developed into amoebic colitis. And later was to cause haemeroidal problems

Due to the ravenous appetite of these little trouble makers most nutritious substance I fed my body was very quickly evacuated from my system.

Leaving me depleted and chronicly fatigued, somehow or other the spirit continues to go on thru sheer will power to survive at times. But there was times when i felt extremely hopeless and felt like giving up the ghost so to speak.

It was in the course of this condition that i took to eating yoghurt also sometimes almost a mono diet of it, by the bucket load, as it was the only food that gave soothing relief to a now inflamed colon, that instantly rejected most everything, this can be quite a dilemna in the Indian environment as it was difficult to even get unspiced bland vegetables.

So i had to start preparing everything myself as I was starting to crave steamed vegetables. At the same time I discovered the magic Bael fruit. which is very effective in slowing up most forms of diarrea. It was miraculous for me, both raw and preserved.

Depending on what kind of bugs you have as to what kind of treatment may be effective, we're all individuls with diverse conditioning, so one man's medicine may be another's poison.

I tried virtually everything and eventually resorted to alipathic anti-biotics which I was fanaticly opposed too, untill I was almost on my deathbed, but low and behold it did help start to stabilize my condition, and gave me some strength and energy to repair the damage.

Gradually with time and experiment I managed to bring everything back to balance over a course of many years, and I'm happy to say 30 years down the track By the grace of God I'm still here with my vivid memories of a number of near death experiences all over India.

I never resorted to surgery other than for the haemeroids, but do have some scar tissue on the inner lining of the colon that prevents me eating certain foods still, perhaps to my benefit.

Fortunately now I'm living from our own biodynamic fully organic garden and I've learned to grow most herbs, fruit, and vegetable produce we need.

In hindsight had I known I would have taken the alipathic option earlier and then rebuilt any damage anti biotics may do at a later date with probiotics.

Mind you i rarely use any alipathic medicine other than in extreme circumstance, as i have done with any sign of dysentry while on later pilrimages. But it definately puts this mind at rest. I know there are many who would never consider this option, but I've seen devotees and their children die from this condition, before they would change their beliefs.

I sincerely hope and pray you find relief from this condition as I know how much anxiety it can cause. All my very best wishes in the Lord directing you to a happy and healing solution.:pray:

Dear Indhulekha dd,

Kindly accept my respects and sympathy for your condition.

It is a little difficult to diagnose another's condition without knowing all of their circumstances, and far from being a qualified kaviraj, which is rare these days, I can only offer my meagre understanding of your problem, having experienced similar condition in my younger days.

While traveling in the east extensively I contracted Amoebic dysentry which did the same damage, stripping my body to a mere shell. At the time I was young and ignorant thinking it was just a natural process of toxic elimination, which it was also, so I tried to ride it out, by observing a cleansing diet of mainly fruit. Unfortunately when travelling in the East in the early days, before bottled water, everything including the water could be contaminated.

Anyway it got progressively worse, far beyond diarrea to the point of regular bleeding from the bowell due to the amoeba eating into the lining of the colon, which eventually developed into amoebic colitis. And later was to cause haemeroidal problems

Due to the ravenous appetite of these little trouble makers most nutritious substance I fed my body was very quickly evacuated from my system.

Leaving me depleted and chronicly fatigued, somehow or other the spirit continues to go on thru sheer will power to survive at times. But there was times when i felt extremely hopeless and felt like giving up the ghost so to speak.

It was in the course of this condition that i took to eating yoghurt also sometimes almost a mono diet of it, by the bucket load, as it was the only food that gave soothing relief to a now inflamed colon, that instantly rejected most everything, this can be quite a dilemna in the Indian environment as it was difficult to even get unspiced bland vegetables.

So i had to start preparing everything myself as I was starting to crave steamed vegetables. At the same time I discovered the magic Bael fruit. which is very effective in slowing up most forms of diarrea. It was miraculous for me, both raw and preserved.

Depending on what kind of bugs you have as to what kind of treatment may be effective, we're all individuls with diverse conditioning, so one man's medicine may be another's poison.

I tried virtually everything and eventually resorted to alipathic anti-biotics which I was fanaticly opposed too, untill I was almost on my deathbed, but low and behold it did help start to stabilize my condition, and gave me some strength and energy to repair the damage.

Gradually with time and experiment I managed to bring everything back to balance over a course of many years, and I'm happy to say 30 years down the track By the grace of God I'm still here with my vivid memories of a number of near death experiences all over India.

I never resorted to surgery other than for the haemeroids, but do have some scar tissue on the inner lining of the colon that prevents me eating certain foods still, perhaps to my benefit.

Fortunately now I'm living from our own biodynamic fully organic garden and I've learned to grow most herbs, fruit, and vegetable produce we need.

In hindsight had I known I would have taken the alipathic option earlier and then rebuilt any damage anti biotics may do at a later date with probiotics.

Mind you i rarely use any alipathic medicine other than in extreme circumstance, as i have done with any sign of dysentry while on later pilrimages. But it definately puts this mind at rest. I know there are many who would never consider this option, but I've seen devotees and their children die from this condition, before they would change their beliefs.

I sincerely hope and pray you find relief from this condition as I know how much anxiety it can cause. All my very best wishes in the Lord directing you to a happy and healing solution.:pray:

Wow, I will try to look into this bael fruit, I don't know if I will be able to obtain it fresh here, but I will try.

Thank you for your help. Pranams.

indulekhadasi

No it is not regular yogurt either. My problem is the probiotics by themselves don't help. I have to have probiotic powder mixed into an activated probiotic yogurt as well. Otherwise I don't have the full effect.

Bran just aggravate it more. Also I have a number of stomach problems and when I eat grains I feel like throwing up. I have had 3 surgeries on my stomach in 8 months. A lot of things feel hard on my stomach.

Medicines don't help either. If I get any thinner I will disappear from thin air! :D

Hmmm.... Never heard of it. Sounds like this dairy product is more of a medicine for you than a food. As such I don't see how you can give it up at this point.

A brute is a person who does not care about the cows and goes on consuming just for the sake of sense gratification. This is not your position so no need to be hard on yourself.

The material world demands so many unpleasant compromises. For instance I am now on insulin. Luckily the insulin now is synthetic but a few years ago it would have been pig insulin. I would have had to use it or suffer major health problems or possibly death. Still I know animal testing must have been done on the synthetic insulin and I am against animal testing. What can we do?

The material world is no place for gentle people. We must moveon to higher ground.

Well, you have a right to be angry on me (even though you are so polite and surprisingly you are NOT angry with me) and Go Mata does too. I know I will probably go to hell. However you hit the nail on the head here:

Okay so we can conclude that cow protection is nice when it is convienient. First comes service to the body and taste buds and cows come after that. This is the position of the devotees who choose to consume commercial milk. [end of quote by theist]

I am sure you made this with me in mind (even though you did not blame me specifically). What can I say? I am totally guilty of placing service of the body higher than Go Mata. :(

Well, you have a right to be angry on me (even though you are so polite and surprisingly you are NOT angry with me) and Go Mata does too. I know I will probably go to hell. However you hit the nail on the head here:

NO NO NO I had in mind at that time all the devotees that I have had this discussion with since the early 70's. This is not new for me. I have been labeled a "demon" and a "traitor" by devotees for being a vegan. Strange but true.

I did intitially see as you as part of the 'convienience of consumption' group but there where also other posts prior to yours on that thread but yours was the one up just prior to my logging on so that gave your the impression my post was specific to you. Not the case.

And even then I also know you are young and still at home and at an age when I was still eating hamburgers what to speak of milk.

But on this thread you made your position known more fully. And so my polite tone is not diplomatic. I am serious. I think it would be a huge mistake for you to stop eating this special probiotic yogurt. You are not saying as many do that they feel good after eating dairy and so must continue because of health reasons. They are bluffing. You are not.

You have a very soft heart and I feel bad because I have caused you some pain. If you continue to feel bad about yourself then I will feel worse for having caused it.

No more of these :( please. :):):):):):):):):):):) Instead.

I hope that such a yogurt can be found or made that comes from protected cows some time in the future for you to use but until then you should not obsess over that which you have no control.

I wish you well in your search for better health and only wish I had some good advice to give.

In 5 years in Krsna Concioussnes, still I can't see a solid argument about why one should not eat eggs, the only weighty argument is the suffering of the chickens in a non free range enviroment. But if I take care of my own chickens with love, why should I not eat the eggies?

In 5 years in Krsna Concioussnes, still I can't see a solid argument about why one should not eat eggs, the only weighty argument is the suffering of the chickens in a non free range enviroment. But if I take care of my own chickens with love, why should I not eat the eggies?

Well as I see it in your scenario the objection would be eggs are not offerable. Milk from protected cows is considered offerable. Otherwise they are pretty much the same. Eggs are a transformation of chicken blood and milk is a transformation of cows blood as all bodily tissues are. They are both gross in my eyes.

The Masai in Africa herd cattle and goats and periodically tap into their juggular veins and drink the blood. Otherwise they treat them well until slaughter.

From an animal rights viewpoint your proposal seems rather benign as far as I know. Personally I have no objection is one wants to collect roadkill and eat that as meat, it is the suffering caused to the animal that I object to.