IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
AncientMariner

Is it Aparadha if you don't worship Prabhupada's Godbrothers equally with Krishna?

Rate this topic

There all right mate, at least they chant Hare Krishna and are in our line of Gaudiya devotional succession. We all have to work for a living, I just happen to be santa clause. I will tell you somethinf funny. A Mataji came to Myer (just happens to be Australia's biggest department store) with her kids, a yong six year old sat on my lap and told me what he wanted (the latest transformer movie) I asked him . wouldn't you rather have a story about Krishna then chanted the first three verses of the Brahma samhita ib his ear. The young boy ran back to mum saying 'santa' is a devotee, he chanted to me and told me to get a movie about Krishna when he was the boy'.

Give the man a cigar!

......... as much as not noticing or not offering obeisances when Krsna is present, as in a Deity arcana form or in a silagrama-sila. But maybe we can't recognize Him; hence our callous error, our disqualification.

......... as much as not noticing or not offering obeisances when Krsna is present, as in a Deity arcana form or in a silagrama-sila. But maybe we can't recognize Him; hence our callous error, our disqualification.

Go and distribute books for Prabhupada, go out on the xmas marathon, then and only then will you be able to enter the mood of Srila Prabhupadas preaching mission. What is the use of worshipng the beautiful silagrama-sila if you do not enter the preaching mood of Lord Caitanya as shown to us by Srila Prabhupada?? Its simply the latest fad and selfishness!! wakey wakey! :crying2:

I risk being sacked from my 'santa' work because I put a 'Beyond Birth and Death' Book in EVERY xmas stocking, No-ones going to become introduced to Krishna Consciousness by wishful thinking, pass this on to the mad cook!!

"SANKIRTAN ARENA OF PERPETUAL LIFE"

"It is not the critic who counts;

nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled,

or where the doer of deeds could have done better.

The credit belong to the man who is actually in the arena;

whose face is marred by dust, sweat, blood and tears;

who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again.

Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends

himself in a worthy cause.

Who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement;

and who at the worst,

if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.

So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls,

who know neither victory nor defeat."

This is the difference between Srila Prabhupada and his Godbrothers

Go and distribute books for Prabhupada, go out on the xmas marathon, then and only then will you be able to enter the mood of Srila Prabhupadas preaching mission.

Bullshit.

Yeah right, go out and distribute books so that people will find out about the Hare Krishna cult and all the child-abuse, crime and power-crazed madness that has gone on in the name of "spreading love of God".

Then you can create another enemy of the Hare Krishna movement who was made so by the propaganda policy of a cult that is mad for followers and position.

Your book distrubution doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Bullshit.

Yeah right, go out and distribute books so that people will find out about the Hare Krishna cult and all the child-abuse, crime and power-crazed madness that has gone on in the name of "spreading love of God".

Then you can create another enemy of the Hare Krishna movement who was made so by the propaganda policy of a cult that is mad for followers and position.

Your book distrubution doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Excuse me my dear friend but realist is right

Srila Prabhupada has said about book distribution: “The word kriyasu, meaning “by manual labor” or “by work,” is important in this verse. One should engage in practical service to the Lord. In our Krsna consciousness movement, all our activities are concentrated upon distributing Krsna literature. This is very important. One may approach any person and induce him to read Krsna literature so that in the future he also may become a devotee. Such activities are recommended in this verse. Such activities will always remind the devotees of the Lord’s lotus feet. By fully concentrating on distributing books for Krsna, one is fully absorbed in Krsna. This is samadhi.(Bhag.10.2.37)

Excuse me my dear friend but realist is right

No, he is wrong.

All ISKCON book distribution should stop, otherwise more innocent souls like yourself will get sucked into the GBC guru cult and have their spiritual lives ruined forever by the bogus preaching and offensive policy of the ISKCON leadership.

Go out and distribute the books of Narayana Maharaja.

At least his reputation hasn't been destroyed by a gang of derelict followers who want to change Gaudiya siddhanta and promote homosexuals and pedophiles as God's messengers to mankind.

No, he is wrong.

All ISKCON book distribution should stop, otherwise more innocent souls like yourself will get sucked into the GBC guru cult and have their spiritual lives ruined forever by the bogus preaching and offensive policy of the ISKCON leadership.

Go out and distribute the books of Narayana Maharaja.

At least his reputation hasn't been destroyed by a gang of derelict followers who want to change Guadiya siddhanta and promote homosexuals and pedophiles as God's messengers to mankind.

I thought you never liked Narayana Maharaj? Any, instead of us criticizing ISKCON, why not start your own program of preaching, if you don’t have trust in present day ISKCON. Remember, even Srila Prabhupada never liked staying in the Gaudiya math. You don’t have to be a member of the present version of ISKCON to be a devotee Krishna if you don’t trust their insight and spiritual realizations. But Srila Prabhupada always said books are the basis,

I thought you never liked Narayana Maharaj? Any, instead of us criticizing ISKCON, why not start your own program of preaching, if you don’t have trust in present day ISKCON. Remember, even Srila Prabhupada never liked staying in the Gaudiya math. You don’t have to be a member of the present version of ISKCON to be a devotee Krishna if you don’t trust their insight and spiritual realizations. But Srila Prabhupada always said books are the basis,

Mahaprabhu's mission is about Sri Krishna Sankirtanam.

This "book distrubution" campaign should have stopped upon the disappearance of the ISKCON acharya.

Srila Prabhupada is not here anymore.

Only books of living acharyas should be distributed.

Otherwise, the wolves in sheeps clothing who are waiting in the forest will snatch-up and abuse all the little lambs that wander in being attracted by some false sheep that is a wolf in disguise.

I thought you never liked Narayana Maharaj?

I didn't.

But, ISKCON fanatics like yourself have shown me the light that Narayan Maharaja is the true living acharya and ISKCON is a deviant cult gone astray from the Gaudiya sampradaya.

Now, I understand that Narayana Maharaja is the true successor to Srila Prabhupada.

Hearing the sleepervadi heresy being preached all over the internet by some ISKCON nutjobs has turned me into a follower of Narayana Maharaja.

Srila Narayana Maharaja, May 13, 2001:

If anyone is not following this, even he is trying to be ISKCON, he is not really ISKCON. He is ISKCON-abhasa (a semblance or shadow). We see in the semblance of ISKCON that so many members can fall down. The real ISKCON members, however, will never fall down. Brahma is the first in ISKCON, Narada is second, Srila Vyasadeva is third, and fourth is Sri Sukadeva Gosvami. They cannot fall down. Srila Rupa Gosvami cannot fall down, and he is also ISKCON. Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami will never fall down, and he is also ISKCON. We are all ISKCON, but those who can fall down, those who are simply trying to be ISKCON, are not really its members.

We must help devotees who are in that category. I pray that Krsna will sprinkle His mercy on them so that one day they will be in the real ISKCON.

June 29, 2002

:<tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;">I am only repeating the words of the acaryas in my</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;">guru-parampara, who are themselves under the guidance of Sri</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;"> Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Mahaprabhu is none other than the Supreme</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;">Lord, Sri Krsna, and Sri Rupa Gosvami, Sri Sanatana Gosvami, and</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;"> the entire guru-parampara are under his guidance.</tt>

<tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;"> You should have the strong belief that my words and teachings</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;">are non-different from the words and teachings of Srila</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;"> Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja. Several persons say that there are</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;">many differences in our teachings. Yes, there are many</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;"> differences; but only in the sense that I am not as learned as</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;">he is, and my English pronunciation and also my words are not</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;"> exactly the same as his. However, even if my choice of words is</tt> <tt style="font-family: Trebuchet MS;"> sometimes different, my siddhanta and mood are the same as his.</tt>

I didn't.

But, ISKCON fanatics like yourself have shown me the light that Narayan Maharaja is the true living acharya and ISKCON is a deviant cult gone astray from the Gaudiya sampradaya.

Now, I understand that Narayana Maharaja is the true successor to Srila Prabhupada.

Hearing the sleepervadi heresy being preached all over the internet by some ISKCON nutjobs has turned me into a follower of Narayana Maharaja.

Then follow whole heatedly and chant Hare Krishna. Realist has a problem with 'ISKCON NUTJOBS' as you call them, but in the end we ALL have no one to blame except ourselves. It's your dream.

Then follow whole heatedly and chant Hare Krrishna. Realist has a problem with 'ISKCON NUTJOBS' as you call them, but in the end we ALL have no one to blame except ourselves. It's your dream.

After I read Drutakarma's essay on the origin of the jiva I realized that I didn't belong with ISKCON anymore and I needed to put my faith in Narayana Maharaja and reject ISKCON and the bogus initiation I got from the GBC in 1975.

:crazy2::deal::crazy::deal::confused::deal::crazy2::deal::crazy::deal::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The goal is to only hear Krsna's voice especially in one whom you accept as guru. If we don't hear Krsna's voice then what is the point of listening to anyone?

It's your dream.

But, you seem to conveniently forget that for the devotee in Krishna consciousness the "dream" or material energy act as svarupa-shakti or internal energy and is no different than Goloka.

So, your dreamervadi nonsense is bogus because for the devotee the whole material world becomes a reality and a place of service to Krishna.

It's only a dream to dreamervadis like your good self.

After I read Drutakarma's essay on the origin of the jiva I realized that I didn't belong with ISKCON anymore and I needed to put my faith in Narayana Maharaja and reject ISKCON and the bogus initiation I got from the GBC in 1975.

Settle down, are you not having a good day in Florida?

Go and distribute books for Prabhupada, go out on the xmas marathon, then and only then will you be able to enter the mood of Srila Prabhupadas preaching mission. What is the use of worshipng the beautiful silagrama-sila if you do not enter the preaching mood of Lord Caitanya as shown to us by Srila Prabhupada?? Its simply the latest fad and selfishness!! wakey wakey! :crying2:

I risk being sacked from my 'santa' work because I put a 'Beyond Birth and Death' Book in EVERY xmas stocking, No-ones going to become introduced to Krishna Consciousness by wishful thinking, pass this on to the mad cook!!

"SANKIRTAN ARENA OF PERPETUAL LIFE"

"It is not the critic who counts;

nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled,

or where the doer of deeds could have done better.

The credit belong to the man who is actually in the arena;

whose face is marred by dust, sweat, blood and tears;

who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again.

Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends

himself in a worthy cause.

Who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement;

and who at the worst,

if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.

So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls,

who know neither victory nor defeat."

This is the difference between those who preach Krishna Consciousness and those who do not preach

I CHANGED REALISTS LAST PARAGRAPH

Anyway, the word dream-avardi refers to everyone in the material world, not only are we dreaming in the material world, but we are also ghosts in the material world. In fact if someone has an horrific death, they do not even know they are dead and their mind creates a further illusion on top of this present dreaming illusion that they also think is real and go on living their life as they imagined it would be. iT IS AMAZING HOW THE DREAM WORLD OF MATERIAL CREATION UNFOLDS

The New GALVA: Gay and Lesbian Vardi Society.

Hey baby, any of you Vardis want to get together?

You put your foot in this one, listen to one of your own Guru's!!

Srila Narayana Maharaja was once asked by one of his temple presidents whether or not gay devotees should be allowed to live in his centers. He replied that everyone was welcome to join his temples as long as they followed the rules and regulations. He added that Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada wanted all types of people to join Lord Caitanya’s movement, and this was also his desire.

One day I went to visit Srila Narayana Maharaja up on the North Shore in Hawaii. I wanted to have darsana with him and ask some important questions. One of the things I desired to discuss with him was the topic of third-gender devotees, although I must admit I was very shy and hesitant to bring up the issue. I just wasn’t sure what his understanding was, or how he would react.

While Srila Narayana Maharaja was sitting outside on the porch, I entered the house and dressed the large Radha-Krsna Deities residing there in a new red and gold outfit I had just sewn for Them as an offering. Srila Gurudeva then came inside and was very pleased to see Thakurji in the new outfit. We sat down for darsana.

A friend of mine, who was also gay and had been involved in Krsna consciousness for a long time, first asked some questions about initiation. Srila Gurudeva was very kind with him as he always is with every guest. Then I asked my questions. When it came time to bring up the third gender, I was very nervous but managed to blurt out the first question. I mentioned to him about the pastime in which Lord Caitanya, as a baby, had been blessed by third-gender devotees and asked him where this pastime could be found in scripture.

I was thinking that perhaps he wouldn’t be familiar with the pastime or with the third gender in general. But he answered very confidently and was obviously completely familiar with both issues. ‘Oh,’ he said, ‘This pastime can be found in the Caitanya-bhagavata.’ Then I asked: ‘Srila Gurudeva, Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada wanted everyone to come to his temples, but nowadays some do not accept third-gender devotees.’ His eyes immediately lit up and he said very strongly, ‘

They are rejecting so many people. What to speak of third-gender, they are rejecting practically everyone. But we are accepting those who have been rejected. You can tell anyone to come here and we will accept them.’ Then I asked, ‘But Gurudeva, why is this happening?’ He immediately interjected slowly, but firmly: ‘Because they are rascals! That’s all. Bring anyone you meet here to me. I will accept.’ Then I told Gurudeva that I already knew some nice third-gender devotees who were rejected by ISKCON temples but accepted at his centers. Brajanatha Prabhu (Srila Gurudeva’s secretary) confirmed this. Srila Gurudeva reiterated, ‘Yes, bring them here. We will accept everyone.’

“Srila Narayana Maharaja’s answers to my questions were more than satisfying. His mood of all-inclusiveness was made crystal clear to both my friend and I. Not only was it important to him that everyone is welcome in Krsna consciousness, including the third gender, but—even more so—it was a source of disgust and anger if anyone was being rejected.” by Amara dasa, January 30, 2005)

That is the conclusion of all ISKCON devotees. Respect them because their end result is to go back home back to Godhead and serve Krishna. Yesterday I chanted in a street kirtan with Narayana Maharaj disciples and it was ecstatic, they had no idea who I was, I just finished my job as a santa clause and danced with them in my santa costume for an hour.;)

is that the conclusion of iskcon devotees?

well I don't know, there was a time when I was looking for a "living guru", I met Paramadvaiti swami, Srila Atulananda, Jayapataka, hanumat prasak swami, I read some books of Narayan Maharaj, and so on. there was a time when devotees used to say me, when you will get initiation? and I used to reply them not now I am looking for a guru is not a cheap thing.... Until I understood that is not necessary a living guru, so I take shelter in Srila Prabhupada!.

Now I am going to a temple of paramadvaiti I know them since 5 years ago, I go just to chant Hare Krsna because the chant of the holy name is trascendental, Krsna is first. in another city there is an iskcon temple and isev (paramadvaiti) and I go to both temple just to chant the holy name and talk with some devotees. When I was living in that city I used to meet them together when we met in the street chanting the holy name, in that moment they forget their difference... Hari Bol

Sriman BA Paramadvaiti Swami really covers this issue nicely in his eulogy of his departed godbrother, Sriman Tusta Krsna das.

http://geocities.com/mahaksadasa/dsp.html

Toward the end, he mentions a possible difference in their views, but quickly give the solution. Why sacrifice everything for the sake of useless and meaningless arguement.

"One day we discovered a philosophical difference in our opinions. The first thing we concluded at that very moment was: Let us not destroy our relationship over this difference. And so it was. Pettiness creates a judgmental attitude, a feeling of superiority over all who understand things even slightly different than you."

All glories to both unity and diversity, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

"One day we discovered a philosophical difference in our opinions. The first thing we concluded at that very moment was: Let us not destroy our relationship over this difference. And so it was. Pettiness creates a judgmental attitude, a feeling of superiority over all who understand things even slightly different than you."

Unfortunately, the leadership of ISKCOn does not share that mood.

They prefer to attack, denigrate and demean anyone who doesn't buy the official GBC partyline philosophy.

So, on the big scale of things "Houston, we have a problem".

maybe some do, I know one devotee who is way up there in ISKCON that even kinda likes me, and I have, in the past, been very publically harsh against his way of serving srila prabhupada. Yeah, youre right, though, as a whole, there is not much tolerance for those who may look at things with a different perspective. This is sadly called fascism, in political jargon.

Is it Aparadha if you don't worship Prabhupada's Godbrothers equally with Krishna?

It is not aparadha to not worship them as equal to Srila Prabhupada or Krishna, but is it aparadha to not give them the proper respect and honor that they deserve as sincere, dedicated Vaishnavas whom in my estimation are all far above and beyond any of the ISKCON upstarts who have been insulting and abusing them for the last 30 years.

You don't have to worship them.

But, respect and honor is minimum to avoid Vaishnava aparadha.