Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Dining out-rant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

not to mention colin would smack me...

unless you've been *turned* by alex

*rofl* jo Nov 30, 2005 2:00 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

LOL - it would have to be me brushing my teeth, cos I'm not quite vegan :-)

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:42 PM

Re: Re: Dining out-rant

See I knew you had a soft side, underneath that rough exterior!!!!!

Nice to see you and Jo kissed and made up. Did you brush your teeth?

The Valley Vegan................

Stir it up; come on, baby!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

was talkin about carnies

and..if i was invited to a fruitarians get together..i would make sure to bring stuff they could eat peter hurd Nov 30, 2005 1:13 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

Unless they are Fruitarian!

The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

if someone doesn't want to make something i can eat..fine....i just don't eat with em..fair enoughtho...they still CAN eat wot i bring...not the other way aroundjo Nov 30, 2005 12:25 PM Subject: Re: Re: Dining out-rantThat's my point. We will not cook anything other than what we eat for otherpeople - and maybe shouldn't expect them to cook anything out of their usualfor us.Jo-"fraggle" Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:08 PMRe: Re: Dining out-rant> the baby cow will...>> and, i'll definately be sick if i eat cheese....>>> would ya be sick if ya ate a soup made of boiled babies???> prolly not until ya knew...>> everyone is different...like i always say> everyone takes veganism and diet to different levels>> i couldnever serve someone a non-vegan meal..that would be horrendous...> just like i couldn't help someone capture their escaped slave, just like iwouldn't sit back and watch as my guest beat the crap out of their kid, justlike i couldn't watch my guest yell racial epithets out my window....> etc and so forth>> > serene > Nov 30, 2005 10:14 AM> > Re: Re: Dining out-rant>>> On Wed, November 30, 2005 10:11 am, fraggle said:> > ah..but are they really cooking special foods?> > why are they special?> > can *they*(whomever they are) eat them?> > will they curl up and die if they eat string beans?>> Will you curl up and die if you eat cheese?>> I cook vegan nearly all the time. If someone requests something else, I> provide it. it's part of being a good host.>> serene>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

I am glad to say that I have no leather shoes left, wore my last pair out about 3 years ago. I do however have an expensive suede jacket in my wardrobe that my wife bought for me years ago, havent worn it for years, but its still there.

The Valley Vegan.........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i still have my original pair of doc martins...don't wear em..heck..haven't worn em since like 1989 er somethingjust have em fer...giggles?? heck..i dunno...stoopid nostalgia...jo Nov 30, 2005 1:59 PM Subject: Re: Re: Dining out-rantI still have some leather shoes left, which are now on their last legs (:-) ) All my newer shoes are not leather - although I don't know about theglue. I'm hoping they are vegan.Jo-"fraggle" Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:34 PMRe: Re: Dining out-rant> yup...> actually..not boots..have had vegan boots fer ever...> i would have

happily gotten rid of my jacket if i had a replacement...>> and, never asked er assumed it did bug you jo..was just answerin yerquestion...>> > jo > Nov 30, 2005 1:19 PM> > Re: Re: Dining out-rant>> It doesn't bug me to cook in my pans just because they once had meat in> them. They have been washed. It is no different to wearing your leather> jacket or shoes until they wear out, which I believe is what you did for a> few years.>> Jo>> -> "fraggle" > > Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:48 PM> Re: Re: Dining out-rant>>> > you'd have to ask them> > my partner wouldn't kiss

anyone who ate meat ..even when her ex wife> did..she made her brush her teeth...> >> > and..if it bugged ya to cook in something that had animal products init,> i would imagine you could donate em to goodwill er somesuch....>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Kingston Jamaica? a bit of a trek?

The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Same here really. If ever you can make it to Kingston go the Riverside Vegetaria. It's my favourite restaurant, and very pleasant - not posh, not rough, and a good selection on the menu (90% vegan). They even make sure you have vegan sugar, and there are vegan wines and beers.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:32 PM

Not posh is what I do best, I seldom - if evr do posh.

The Valley Vegan.......................................................................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Yeah, expensive. We've been there twice, but I can't understand why they charge so much. Try the pub next time - it was quite good - the food was delicious even though it was not posh.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:40 PM

I went to one place in Bath when I was over there on a course with work, I think it was Demuths, nearly had to do a runner when I saw the bill!

The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

There's Demuths in Bath. It is veggie with some vegan options. Very nice, but rather expensive. There is a pub called something like Porters that is a veggie pub. We had vegan burger, chips and salad there. It was nice but lots of loud music - not my kind either.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:14 PM

Still you rub my face in it, so much choice! its a wonder you cook at all, and I bet its cheaper than over here?

The Valley Vegan..........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

found some places in Bath..but that was way back when

and we only ate out like twice while we were there....

here..shhhesssh...eaten out like 5 days out of the week

last night was sushi at koryo sushi(4 blks from my haus)

monday we had vegan japanese at cha ya in berkeley(damn good mushroom miso)

saturday was herbivore in SF

friday was pizza at lanesplitter...

and yet..we still cook everyday...go figure...

fraggle peter hurd Nov 30, 2005 10:56 AM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

Well I guess you can be more choosy than us over here, you would probably never eat out much over here!

The Valley Vegan.............

It doesn't matter anywayNever understand our kindTry to disrespect what's mineYour words don't mean a thing to meYour living in a fantasyNow we have no more to sayWe'll get about it our wayfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at any place that uses the same pots and such for meat as well as veggies...everyone draws the line at different places...and, to me there is a major difference between stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off the same pan that has been used countless times to baste some dead critter....heartwerk Nov 30, 2005 8:30 AM Subject: Re: Dining out-rantI think it is possible to be too sensitive. I can't see any problem with eating food prepared in any utensil as long as it has been thoroughly washed. If you take that sort of thought further you might not want to go out of your house because people who eat meat have walked on the ground that you would walk on, and it would be somewhat

of a joyless life.I agree with asking questions about how the food is prepared if you go to an omnivorous restaurant, and avoiding places that don't use cleaned utensils etc.JoDon't need no politicianTell me things I ought to be Neither no opticianTell me what I ought to seeNo one tells you nothingEven when you know they knowThey tell you what you should beThey don't like to see you grow

Guest guest

That is really annoying. I do get it if I eat things that disagree with me. Mostly I don't eat wheat, but I do like cake sometimes. If I eat wheat two days running I am very uncomfortable for a couple of days!

Jo

-

sandi gordon

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:14 PM

I have to avoid certain foods due to my ibs(irritable bowel syndrome)so it can be tougher to enjoy some foodsjo <jo.heartwork wrote:

or if it contains nuts. I know people who are variously allergic to/intolerant of peanuts, cashews, sesame seeds, almonds, beans, soya, onions and garlic, mushrooms, apples, bananas, strawberries, oranges, wheat, tomatoes and probably others I have forgotten.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:13 PM

if someone doesn't want to make something i can eat..fine....i just don't eat with em..fair enoughtho...they still CAN eat wot i bring...not the other way aroundjo Nov 30, 2005 12:25 PM Subject: Re: Re: Dining out-rantThat's my point. We will not cook anything other than what we eat for otherpeople - and maybe shouldn't expect them to cook anything out of their usualfor us.Jo-"fraggle" Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:08 PMRe: Re: Dining out-rant> the baby cow will...>> and, i'll definately be sick if i eat cheese....>>> would ya be sick if ya ate a soup made of boiled babies???> prolly not until ya knew...>> everyone is different...like i always say> everyone takes veganism and diet to different levels>> i couldnever serve someone a non-vegan meal..that would be horrendous...> just like i couldn't help someone capture their escaped slave, just like iwouldn't sit back and watch as my guest beat the crap out of their kid, justlike i couldn't watch my guest yell racial epithets out my window....> etc and so forth>> > serene > Nov 30, 2005 10:14 AM> > Re: Re: Dining out-rant>>> On Wed, November 30, 2005 10:11 am, fraggle said:> > ah..but are they really cooking special foods?> > why are they special?> > can *they*(whomever they are) eat them?> > will they curl up and die if they eat string beans?>> Will you curl up and die if you eat cheese?>> I cook vegan nearly all the time. If someone requests something else, I> provide it. it's part of being a good host.>> serene>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

They may well choose to be vegetarian as they grow up. Unfortunately quite a few people who are brought up vegan from birth take up eating meat when they go off to university, or leave home for other reasons. I know several people like that.

Jo

-

sandi gordon

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:13 PM

I try to keep a kosher/jewish home-no pork,shell fish,etc.I know that might sound bad to some but I want my kids to know what my bible says about the kosher laws,I would love for them to choose to be vegetarians,but we will let them decide on their own,I decided at 13y/oserene <lists wrote: On Wed, November 30, 2005 1:52 pm, sandi gordon said:> I make my hubby rinse his mouth out before we get into heavy petty,if its> just a little smooch then I just make him wipe his lips,sure that might> sound over the top but heck do I want to taset animal flesh-he is great> about it,no big deal to our marriageI only do that if it's James's stinky fish snacks or pork rinds. Thosethings taste so BAD.serene

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Guest guest

I make sure to tell all family and friends for gifts no animal products,if they do then I will return it/toss itpeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: I am glad to say that I have no leather shoes left, wore my last pair out about 3 years ago. I do however have an expensive suede jacket in my wardrobe that my wife bought for me years ago, havent worn it for years, but its still there. The Valley Vegan.........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i still have my original pair of doc martins...don't wear em..heck..haven't worn em since like 1989 er somethingjust have em fer...giggles?? heck..i dunno...stoopid nostalgia...-----Original

Message-----jo Nov 30, 2005 1:59 PM Subject: Re: Re: Dining out-rantI still have some leather shoes left, which are now on their last legs (:-) ) All my newer shoes are not leather - although I don't know about theglue. I'm hoping they are vegan.Jo-"fraggle" Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:34 PMRe: Re: Dining out-rant> yup...> actually..not boots..have had vegan boots fer ever...> i would have happily gotten rid of my jacket if i had a replacement...>> and, never asked er assumed it did bug you jo..was just answerin yerquestion...>> > jo > Nov 30, 2005 1:19 PM> To:

> Re: Re: Dining out-rant>> It doesn't bug me to cook in my pans just because they once had meat in> them. They have been washed. It is no different to wearing your leather> jacket or shoes until they wear out, which I believe is what you did for a> few years.>> Jo>> -> "fraggle" > > Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:48 PM> Re: Re: Dining out-rant>>> > you'd have to ask them> > my partner wouldn't kiss anyone who ate meat ..even when her ex wife> did..she made her brush her teeth...> >> > and..if it bugged ya to cook in something that had animal products init,> i would imagine you could donate em to goodwill er

somesuch....>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

flu shots are from fertlized chicken eggs..yes sandi gordon Nov 30, 2005 2:08 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

Isn't the flu shot from a chicken/egg??or can you request another kind

Don't need no politician

Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician

Tell me what I ought to see

No one tells you nothing

Even when you know they know

They tell you what you should be

They don't like to see you grow

Guest guest

but if Jo's sportin for the trip, lets go peter hurd Nov 30, 2005 2:26 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

Same here really. If ever you can make it to Kingston go the Riverside Vegetaria. It's my favourite restaurant, and very pleasant - not posh, not rough, and a good selection on the menu (90% vegan). They even make sure you have vegan sugar, and there are vegan wines and beers.

Jo

-

peter hurd

The Valley Vegan.......................................................................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Yeah, expensive. We've been there twice, but I can't understand why they charge so much. Try the pub next time - it was quite good - the food was delicious even though it was not posh.

Jo

-

peter hurd

I went to one place in Bath when I was over there on a course with work, I think it was Demuths, nearly had to do a runner when I saw the bill!

There's Demuths in Bath. It is veggie with some vegan options. Very nice, but rather expensive. There is a pub called something like Porters that is a veggie pub. We had vegan burger, chips and salad there. It was nice but lots of loud music - not my kind either.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Still you rub my face in it, so much choice! its a wonder you cook at all, and I bet its cheaper than over here?

Well I guess you can be more choosy than us over here, you would probably never eat out much over here!

It doesn't matter anywayNever understand our kindTry to disrespect what's mineYour words don't mean a thing to meYour living in a fantasyNow we have no more to sayWe'll get about it our wayfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at any place that uses the same pots and such for meat as well as veggies...everyone draws the line at different places...and, to me there is a major difference between stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off the same pan that has been used countless times to baste some dead critter....heartwerk Nov 30, 2005 8:30 AM Subject: Re: Dining out-rantI think it is possible to be too sensitive. I can't see any problem with eating food prepared in any utensil as long as it has been thoroughly washed. If you take that sort of thought further you might not want to go out of your house because people who eat meat have walked on the ground that you would walk on, and it would be somewhat of a joyless life.I agree with asking questions about how the food is prepared if you go to an omnivorous restaurant, and avoiding places that don't use cleaned utensils etc.JoDon't need no politicianTell me things I ought to be Neither no opticianTell me what I ought to seeNo one tells you nothingEven when you know they knowThey tell you what you should beThey don't like to see you grow

Guest guest

I have a leather coat hanging in my wardrobe. Colin gave it to me as a

present in about 1980. I wouldn't wear it now, even if I did still fit it,

but I wouldn't throw it away either.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:19 PM

> i still have my original pair of doc martins...

> don't wear em..heck..haven't worn em since like 1989 er something

> just have em fer...giggles?? heck..i dunno...

> stoopid nostalgia...

>

>

> jo <jo.heartwork

> Nov 30, 2005 1:59 PM

>

> Re: Re: Dining out-rant

>

> I still have some leather shoes left, which are now on their last legs (

> :-) ) All my newer shoes are not leather - although I don't know about

the

> glue. I'm hoping they are vegan.

>

> Jo

> -

> " fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

>

> Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:34 PM

>

>

> > yup...

> > actually..not boots..have had vegan boots fer ever...

> > i would have happily gotten rid of my jacket if i had a replacement...

> >

> > and, never asked er assumed it did bug you jo..was just answerin yer

> question...

> >

> >

> > jo <jo.heartwork

> > Nov 30, 2005 1:19 PM

> >

> > Re: Re: Dining out-rant

> >

> > It doesn't bug me to cook in my pans just because they once had meat in

> > them. They have been washed. It is no different to wearing your

leather

> > jacket or shoes until they wear out, which I believe is what you did for

a

> > few years.

> >

> > Jo

> >

> > -

> > " fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

> >

> > Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:48 PM

> > Re: Re: Dining out-rant

> >

> >

> > > you'd have to ask them

> > > my partner wouldn't kiss anyone who ate meat ..even when her ex wife

> > did..she made her brush her teeth...

> > >

> > > and..if it bugged ya to cook in something that had animal products in

> it,

> > i would imagine you could donate em to goodwill er somesuch....

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to -

> >

Guest guest

Yea Man

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

but if Jo's sportin for the trip, lets go peter hurd Nov 30, 2005 2:26 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

Jo

-

peter hurd

Jo

-

peter hurd

Jo

-

peter hurd

i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at any place that uses the same pots and such for meat as well as veggies...everyone draws the line at different places...and, to me there is a major difference between stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off the same pan that has been used countless times to baste some dead critter....heartwerk Nov 30, 2005 8:30 AM Subject: Re: Dining out-rantI think it is possible to be too sensitive. I can't see any problem with eating food prepared in any utensil as long as it has been thoroughly washed. If you take that sort of thought further you might not want to go out of your house because people who eat meat have walked on the ground that you would walk on, and it would be somewhat

of a joyless life.I agree with asking questions about how the food is prepared if you go to an omnivorous restaurant, and avoiding places that don't use cleaned utensils etc.JoDon't need no politicianTell me things I ought to be Neither no opticianTell me what I ought to seeNo one tells you nothingEven when you know they knowThey tell you what you should beThey don't like to see you grow

Guest guest

YEUK

tHE vALLEY vEGAN.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

*blinks*

ok..thats just gross....sorry....

jo Nov 30, 2005 2:19 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

She actually cooks it all in the same pot, and then just removes the lumps of meat from her dish and gives them to the rest of the family. Strange really.

Jo

-

sandi gordon

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:03 PM

I buy meat/cook meat for my hubby,he knows I rather not,but like 1-2times a month I am fine w/ that,hey he is eating it not mejo <jo.heartwork wrote:

I guess we are all different. I know a veggie person whose family are meateaters. She always cooks stews etc. and then just removes the meat for her portion. Now, I wouldn't like to do that, but she says that she hasn't paid for meat for her, so she's not causing extra animal deaths, and I guess she is right really.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:56 PM

Guest guest

Most vaccinations have egg in them, unless they've changed recently. They also have mercury in them. I have read research that says people who have more than two flu shots have a lot more chance of getting Alzheimers disease later on. They are probably best avoided unless you are likely to die without them.

Jo

-

sandi gordon

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:08 PM

Isn't the flu shot from a chicken/egg??or can you request another kindpeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Brush the teeth? why stop there?, why not wear a full body "condom" during moments of intimacy?, why not ask them to wear a gas mask witha reverse filter to avoid inhaling any of their expelled " tainted " breath.

I hope that if a blood transfusion was needed, that they would specify " vegan blood only"

Cooking utensils? If they are clean, then they contain no traces of animals surely ( dont call me shirley).

Paranoid?,

are you looking at me?

The Valley Vegan...........

You've got to tolerateAll those people that you hateI'm not in love with youBut I won't hold that against youfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

you'd have to ask themmy partner wouldn't kiss anyone who ate meat ..even when her ex wife did..she made her brush her teeth...and..if it bugged ya to cook in something that had animal products in it, i would imagine you could donate em to goodwill er somesuch....jo Nov 30, 2005 12:00 PM Subject: Re: Re: Dining out-rantI agree that people have different feelings on this. I couldn't afford tothrow my pans and utensils away when I gave up eating animals though. So Istill cook in pans that have cooked countless meat and dairy meals. Itwould be very wasteful to throw them away.Do these people kiss people who eat animals or only other vegans who don'tuse pans that have cooked animals :-)Jo-"fraggle" Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:44 PMRe: Re: Dining out-rant> i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at any place that uses the same potsand such for meat as well as veggies...>> everyone draws the line at different places...>> and, to me there is a major difference between stepping behind acarnivore, and eating off the same pan that has been used countless times tobaste some dead critter....To send an email to -

Guest guest

He says he most certainly would.

No chance of Alex turning me.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:22 PM

not to mention colin would smack me...

unless you've been *turned* by alex

*rofl* jo Nov 30, 2005 2:00 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

LOL - it would have to be me brushing my teeth, cos I'm not quite vegan :-)

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:42 PM

See I knew you had a soft side, underneath that rough exterior!!!!!

Nice to see you and Jo kissed and made up. Did you brush your teeth?

The Valley Vegan................

Stir it up; come on, baby!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

was talkin about carnies

and..if i was invited to a fruitarians get together..i would make sure to bring stuff they could eat peter hurd Nov 30, 2005 1:13 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

Guest guest

I also have a couple of mother of pearl items that Colin bought me many years ago. We assumed, in our innocent ignorance, that they were made from items picked up on the beach. One is a bracelet, and one a tiny casket, lined with red velvet - where I keep some feathers that my lovely little budgie moulted :-(

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:23 PM

I am glad to say that I have no leather shoes left, wore my last pair out about 3 years ago. I do however have an expensive suede jacket in my wardrobe that my wife bought for me years ago, havent worn it for years, but its still there.

The Valley Vegan.........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i still have my original pair of doc martins...don't wear em..heck..haven't worn em since like 1989 er somethingjust have em fer...giggles?? heck..i dunno...stoopid nostalgia...jo Nov 30, 2005 1:59 PM Subject: Re: Re: Dining out-rantI still have some leather shoes left, which are now on their last legs (:-) ) All my newer shoes are not leather - although I don't know about theglue. I'm hoping they are vegan.Jo-"fraggle" Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:34 PMRe: Re: Dining out-rant> yup...> actually..not boots..have had vegan boots fer ever...> i would have happily gotten rid of my jacket if i had a replacement...>> and, never asked er assumed it did bug you jo..was just answerin yerquestion...>> > jo > Nov 30, 2005 1:19 PM> > Re: Re: Dining out-rant>> It doesn't bug me to cook in my pans just because they once had meat in> them. They have been washed. It is no different to wearing your leather> jacket or shoes until they wear out, which I believe is what you did for a> few years.>> Jo>> -> "fraggle" > > Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:48 PM> Re: Re: Dining out-rant>>> > you'd have to ask them> > my partner wouldn't kiss anyone who ate meat ..even when her ex wife> did..she made her brush her teeth...> >> > and..if it bugged ya to cook in something that had animal products init,> i would imagine you could donate em to goodwill er somesuch....>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Oh crikey - Fraggles gone into a spin - someone catch him.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:20 PM

WAL MART??? WALMART??!!!

take it back!!!

take it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 sandi gordon Nov 30, 2005 2:10 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

I donated/trashed all my leather+suede products when I became a vegan,also buying new kitchen stuff isn't too pricey at target or walmartjo <jo.heartwork wrote: It doesn't bug me to cook in my pans just because they once had meat inthem. They have been washed. It is no different to wearing your leatherjacket or shoes until they wear out, which I believe is what you did for afew years.Jo

Don't need no politician

Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician

Tell me what I ought to see

No one tells you nothing

Even when you know they know

They tell you what you should be

They don't like to see you grow

Guest guest

On Wed, November 30, 2005 2:37 pm, jo said:

> Most vaccinations have egg in them, unless they've changed recently. They

> also have mercury in them. I have read research that says people who have

> more than two flu shots have a lot more chance of getting Alzheimers

> disease later on. They are probably best avoided unless you are likely to

> die without them.

Do you happen to have a link to that research? That sounds fascinating.

serene

Guest guest

I know - I do agree. She says she doesn't mind doing that, and she's only buying enough meat for the other three, so she personally is not adding to the animal killing. In one way she is right, but I wouldn't like it.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:32 PM

*blinks*

ok..thats just gross....sorry....

jo Nov 30, 2005 2:19 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant

She actually cooks it all in the same pot, and then just removes the lumps of meat from her dish and gives them to the rest of the family. Strange really.

Jo

-

sandi gordon

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:03 PM

I buy meat/cook meat for my hubby,he knows I rather not,but like 1-2times a month I am fine w/ that,hey he is eating it not mejo <jo.heartwork wrote:

I guess we are all different. I know a veggie person whose family are meateaters. She always cooks stews etc. and then just removes the meat for her portion. Now, I wouldn't like to do that, but she says that she hasn't paid for meat for her, so she's not causing extra animal deaths, and I guess she is right really.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:56 PM

i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at any place that uses the same pots and such for meat as well as veggies...everyone draws the line at different places...and, to me there is a major difference between stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off the same pan that has been used countless times to baste some dead critter....heartwerk Nov 30, 2005 8:30 AM Subject: Re: Dining out-rantI think it is possible to be too sensitive. I can't see any problem with eating food prepared in any utensil as long as it has been thoroughly washed. If you take that sort of thought further you might not want to go out of your house because people who eat meat have walked on the ground that you would walk on, and it would be somewhat of a joyless life.I agree with asking questions about how the food is prepared if you go to an omnivorous restaurant, and avoiding places that don't use cleaned utensils etc.JoDon't need no politicianTell me things I ought to be Neither no opticianTell me what I ought to seeNo one tells you nothingEven when you know they knowThey tell you what you should beThey don't like to see you grow

Guest guest

LOL - at least you admitted in public that you love her.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:37 PM

My wife has irritable husband syndrome!

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

That is really annoying. I do get it if I eat things that disagree with me. Mostly I don't eat wheat, but I do like cake sometimes. If I eat wheat two days running I am very uncomfortable for a couple of days!

Jo

-

sandi gordon

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:14 PM

I have to avoid certain foods due to my ibs(irritable bowel syndrome)so it can be tougher to enjoy some foodsjo <jo.heartwork wrote:

or if it contains nuts. I know people who are variously allergic to/intolerant of peanuts, cashews, sesame seeds, almonds, beans, soya, onions and garlic, mushrooms, apples, bananas, strawberries, oranges, wheat, tomatoes and probably others I have forgotten.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:13 PM

Guest guest

so as a vegan I should avoid them right,I have since childhoodfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: flu shots are from fertlized chicken eggs..yes sandi gordon Nov 30, 2005 2:08 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant Isn't the flu shot from a chicken/egg??or can you request another kind Don't need no politician Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician Tell me what I ought to see No one tells you nothing Even

when you know they know They tell you what you should be They don't like to see you grow

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Guest guest

we will raise the kids to know my eating habits and my hubbys and we will see what the kids decide,I can't make them do anything they don't want to,all I do know is I will make a variety of foods for them jo <jo.heartwork wrote: They may well choose to be vegetarian as they grow up. Unfortunately quite a few people who are brought up vegan from birth take up eating meat when they go off to university, or leave home for other reasons. I know several people like that. Jo - sandi gordon Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:13 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant I try to keep a kosher/jewish home-no pork,shell fish,etc.I know that might sound bad to some but I want my kids to know what my bible says about the kosher laws,I would love for them to choose to be vegetarians,but we will let them decide on their own,I decided at 13y/oserene <lists

wrote: On Wed, November 30, 2005 1:52 pm, sandi gordon said:> I make my hubby rinse his mouth out before we get into heavy petty,if its> just a little smooch then I just make him wipe his lips,sure that might> sound over the top but heck do I want to taset animal flesh-he is great> about it,no big deal to our marriageI only do that if it's James's stinky fish snacks or pork rinds. Thosethings taste so BAD.serene Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Guest guest

I think I have a copy of the article on my work pc. I'll check tomorrow and

forward it.

Jo

-

" serene " <lists

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:47 PM

>

> On Wed, November 30, 2005 2:37 pm, jo said:

> > Most vaccinations have egg in them, unless they've changed recently.

They

> > also have mercury in them. I have read research that says people who

have

> > more than two flu shots have a lot more chance of getting Alzheimers

> > disease later on. They are probably best avoided unless you are likely

to

> > die without them.

>

> Do you happen to have a link to that research? That sounds fascinating.

>

> serene

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Is it just me - or has everyone received this mail five times????

Jo

-

" serene " <lists

>

They

have

to

> > die without them.

>

>

> serene

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

just got it once meself..well..and the time it was waiting to be approved

jo <jo.heartwork

Nov 30, 2005 3:09 PM

Is it just me - or has everyone received this mail five times????

Jo

-

" serene " <lists

>

They

have

to

> > die without them.

>

>

> serene

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

me being a vegan I avoid getting the flu shot,and I have never had the flu,little colds only.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: unless you can somehow convince yerself that eggs are actually vegan..and you don't mind gettin injected with bits of egg, half dead viruses, detergents, preservatives, and gelatin sandi gordon Nov 30, 2005 2:53 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant so as a vegan I should avoid them right,I have since childhoodfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: flu shots are from fertlized chicken eggs..yes sandi gordon Nov 30, 2005 2:08 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant Isn't the flu shot from a chicken/egg??or can you request another kind Don't need no politician Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician Tell me what I ought to see No one tells you nothing Even when you know they know They tell you what you should be They don't like to see you grow Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it

free. To send an email to -

Guest guest

I got it another four times after this !

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:11 PM

> just got it once meself..well..and the time it was waiting to be approved

>

>

> jo <jo.heartwork

> Nov 30, 2005 3:09 PM

>

>

> Is it just me - or has everyone received this mail five times????

>

> Jo

>

>

> -

> " serene " <lists

>

> Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:47 PM

>

>

> >

> > On Wed, November 30, 2005 2:37 pm, jo said:

> > > Most vaccinations have egg in them, unless they've changed recently.

> They

> > > also have mercury in them. I have read research that says people who

> have

> > > more than two flu shots have a lot more chance of getting Alzheimers

> > > disease later on. They are probably best avoided unless you are

likely

> to

> > > die without them.

> >

> > Do you happen to have a link to that research? That sounds fascinating.

> >

> > serene

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to -

> >