IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Dining out-rant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I use the Pure margarine, although I`m not over enamoured by the manufacturers.............. The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Are you in the UK. There are lots of margarines here without whey in. Purebears the Vegan Society symbol. There are margarines made by Granose, andmany more.Jo-"herbvalerian" Friday, December 02, 2005 7:03 PM Re: Dining out-rant> I have come to believe whether it is true or not, thst there is a hugeexcess of by products> in the meat and dairy industry, particularly of whey, and so the foodindustry uses it as a> sorr of generic filler. Also it is

also really hard to fimd vegetablemargarines/spreads which> don't have whey in.>

Guest guest

Not a big fan of shrooms, prolly only 3-4 times a month with me. The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i prolly eat mushrooms 3-4 times a weekprotein is still damn easy to come to..its in everything..and as long as you eat a balanced diet, you shouldn't have any problems at all...jo Dec 2, 2005 11:32 AM Subject: Re: Re: Dining out-rantI like mushrooms but not 100 gms of them in one go - and if you ate thatamount you would still get only 4gms protein.Jo-"Susan" Friday, December 02, 2005 6:29 PMRe:

Re: Dining out-rant>> Yah, that's true. I do love them, though!Ha!> Thankfully, I don't rely on mushrooms for all my> protein! I might grow to be very tired of them. :-)> SusanTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow that is hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I have had a gob full of the buggers for over 20 years, and my sanity could be compared to a milliner......................wot am I on about? Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about the mercury issue but I reckon I must have ingested more than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the hell. The Valley Vegan.............Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot and I askedhim if he had about three hours to spare for theanswer! Speaking for healthy people (people whosehealth are compromised may have different needs)Ibelieve people are relying too heavily on vaccinations(some are lifesaving, polio, for example during theepidemics)however; I

prefer to consider offers ofvaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up basis. I think people should research the pros and cons andthen decided. However, I feel that the flu virusesmutate so rapidly that what you may be protected forthis week just may not be valuable next week. Iprefer to think that it's possible to improve your ownnatural immunity enough to fight off most (if notall)infections (again, I am talking about healthypeople). One thing I've decided to do towards thatstep is to remove all the amalgum fillings in my mouthdue to the mercury. One book I read that influencedmy decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth. Researchwas cited, but there were also anecdotal stories aswell (which are something to think about if not relyupon). There were examples of people with MSimproving substantially after having the amalgamsremoved and some other examples as well. Anyway,there are steps we can take to help

improve our immunesystems. I tend to think that what I was born with isprobably all the tools I need to live my life if I tryto take care of those tools. It's really a new way oflooking at things, what's old is new again! Simplicity is looking more and more inviting. Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I plan notto renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk isgreater to get them than to not. For myself, that is.Susan--- herbvalerian wrote:> I don't see why healthy people need flu jabs.> And more to the point, does anyone?> > , peter hurd> wrote:> >> > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are you> elderly, very young or have a serious > medical condition which lessens you bodies imune> system in some way?> Do You

?

Guest guest

Spectrum is another one; I think it has Omega-3s. I

didn't like the way it worked in frosting, though.

Susan

--- fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

> earth balance and willow run margarines are pretty

> easy to find, at least over here in the Bay area,

> both have a vegan margarine..and earth balance is

> even organic...

> :)

>

>

> herbvalerian <herbvalerian

> Dec 2, 2005 11:03 AM

>

> Re: Dining out-rant

>

> I have come to believe whether it is true or not,

> thst there is a huge excess of by products

> in the meat and dairy industry, particularly of

> whey, and so the food industry uses it as a

> sorr of generic filler. Also it is also really hard

> to fimd vegetable margarines/spreads which

> don't have whey in.

>

> , Susan

> <oceanfest_2000> wrote:

> >

> > What is it about cheese? It seems like cheese is

> in

> > everything, especially when you eat out. I have

> to

> > ask if the croutons in the salad have cheese in

> them

> > (usually I just ask to leave them out)as many of

> them

> > do. I am amazed at how much cheese (and dairy) we

> > have in our foods! I never really thought about

> it

> > before. Susan

> >

> > --- heartwerk <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > > I always send meals back if they are not vegan.

> I

> > > was once surprised

> > > when I ordered a jacket potato with beans one

> > > lunchtime - it turned

> > > up with melted cheese all over it. It went

> straight

> > > back because

> > > there was no mention of cheese on the menu.

> > >

> > > Jo

> > >

> > > , Susan

> > > <oceanfest_2000> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > I agree that everyone draws a personal line

> about

> > > how

> > > > far they go; I have sent meals back if they

> forgot

> > > and

> > > > had even a little dab of pesto for garnish on

> the

> > > > pasta; I ask to have that held, but sometimes

> they

> > > > forget. Most people are understanding about

> > > dietery

> > > > restrictions. I'm still learning about how far

> I

> > > want

> > > > to go. I stopped my allergy shots because they

> > > were

> > > > grass, dust mites, dog, and cat. My allergist

> > > said we

> > > > could continue the grass and dust mite and (I

> > > can't

> > > > believe I said this) I said dust mites are

> living

> > > > creatures, too. He countered with what are

> > > bacteria?

> > > > Oh well, I don't care if people think I'm

> weird I

> > > have

> > > > to live the way I believe and I can only do

> the

> > > best I

> > > > can. Susan

> > > >

> > > > --- fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > > i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at any

> > > place

> > > > > that uses the same pots and such for meat as

> > > well as

> > > > > veggies...

> > > > >

> > > > > everyone draws the line at different

> places...

> > > > >

> > > > > and, to me there is a major difference

> between

> > > > > stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off

> the

> > > same

> > > > > pan that has been used countless times to

> baste

> > > some

> > > > > dead critter....

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Start your day with - Make it your home

> > > page!

> > > > http://www./r/hs

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Music Unlimited

> > Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

> > http://music./unlimited/

> >

>

>

To send an email to

> -

>

Guest guest

If you feel any signs of a cold or anything simular take echinacea to boost your immune system. But dont take it for more than 2 - 3 weeks as its potency wears off. The Valley Vegan.............herbvalerian <herbvalerian wrote: Hi,I am 39 and my dr had been recommending I have flu "jabs" for many years, I did take them in the past as I have a serious health problem which weakens my immunity (lupus) and paradoxically I take an immunosuppressant drug to control it (which is probably tested on animals) and is probably not vegan. However I decided not to have the flu jab the last few years as I can't survive without the drug (my illness nearly killed me a few times) but I can hopefully survive without the flu jab, keeping fingers crossed and taking my vegan vitamin C

supplements!I don't see why healthy people need flu jabs.And more to the point, does anyone? , peter hurd wrote:>> Why would you need flu shots anyway, are you elderly, very young or have a serious medical condition which lessens you bodies imune system in some way?> > The Valley Vegan.............> What we have are not possessions we own.> It's not weighed by greed or personal gain.> This is real a desire for freedom.> A place apart from a world in abandon.> > sandi gordon wrote:> so as a vegan I should avoid them right,I have since childhood> > fraggle wrote: flu shots are from fertlized chicken eggs..yes> > > > sandi gordon > Nov 30, 2005 2:08 PM > > Re:

Re: Dining out-rant > > Isn't the flu shot from a chicken/egg??or can you request another kind> > > > > Don't need no politician Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician Tell me what I ought to see No one tells you nothing Even when you know they know They tell you what you should be They don't like to see you grow> > > > > > Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

Yeah, everyone loves it. I like it in warm pitta with grated carrat chopped spring onions and lettuce and red or orange peppers...........yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm The Valley Vegan............sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001 wrote: I used to love hummous on pita breadfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: really?not here..hummous is just ground chick peastho..i guess i've seen yogurt in hummus..but thats pretty odd and not seen oftenjo <jo.heartworkDec 2, 2005 11:40 AM Subject: Re:

Re: Dining out-rantWas tehe hummous vegan? The ones you buy in tubs mostly have milk productsin - why? We usually make our own.Jo-"herbvalerian" <herbvalerianFriday, December 02, 2005 6:48 PM Re: Dining out-rant> We went to Alnwick a few years back hoping to eat out at the vegetarianrestaurant which> waa there at the time. Unforunately it as shut so we went to the omnivorecafe opposite.> We said we were vegan and could not eat cheese. It was a fairly basic cafemenu but they> did us baked potato with hummus and beetroot, which was delicious. Weliked it so much> we copied it at home.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Don't you love it now. I had hummous and roasted vegetables today at lunchtime - with chips, strangely enough.

Jo

-

sandi gordon

Friday, December 02, 2005 8:40 PM

Re: Re: Dining out-rant

I used to love hummous on pita breadfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: really?not here..hummous is just ground chick peastho..i guess i've seen yogurt in hummus..but thats pretty odd and not seen oftenjo <jo.heartworkDec 2, 2005 11:40 AM Subject: Re: Re: Dining out-rantWas tehe hummous vegan? The ones you buy in tubs mostly have milk productsin - why? We usually make our own.Jo-"herbvalerian" <herbvalerianFriday, December 02, 2005 6:48 PM Re: Dining out-rant> We went to Alnwick a few years back hoping to eat out at the vegetarianrestaurant which> waa there at the time. Unforunately it as shut so we went to the omnivorecafe opposite.> We said we were vegan and could not eat cheese. It was a fairly basic cafemenu but they> did us baked potato with hummus and beetroot, which was delicious. Weliked it so much> we copied it at home.To send an email to -

Guest guest

I like Pure, and it seems to be quite a healthy one.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 02, 2005 8:48 PM

I use the Pure margarine, although I`m not over enamoured by the manufacturers..............

The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Are you in the UK. There are lots of margarines here without whey in. Purebears the Vegan Society symbol. There are margarines made by Granose, andmany more.Jo-"herbvalerian" Friday, December 02, 2005 7:03 PM Re: Dining out-rant> I have come to believe whether it is true or not, thst there is a hugeexcess of by products> in the meat and dairy industry, particularly of whey, and so the foodindustry uses it as a> sorr of generic filler. Also it is also really hard to fimd vegetablemargarines/spreads which> don't have whey in.>

Guest guest

I like button mushrooms, but if I have the larger ones I only have a little. I probably have mushrooms about twice a week.

JO

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 02, 2005 9:13 PM

Not a big fan of shrooms, prolly only 3-4 times a month with me.

The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i prolly eat mushrooms 3-4 times a weekprotein is still damn easy to come to..its in everything..and as long as you eat a balanced diet, you shouldn't have any problems at all...jo Dec 2, 2005 11:32 AM Subject: Re: Re: Dining out-rantI like mushrooms but not 100 gms of them in one go - and if you ate thatamount you would still get only 4gms protein.Jo-"Susan" Friday, December 02, 2005 6:29 PMRe: Re: Dining out-rant>> Yah, that's true. I do love them, though!Ha!> Thankfully, I don't rely on mushrooms for all my> protein! I might grow to be very tired of them. :-)> SusanTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Very often removing the fillings releases more gas than leaving them put. I've got a mouthful too - had a lot of trouble with teeth when I was a kid!

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 02, 2005 9:22 PM

Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow that is hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I have had a gob full of the buggers for over 20 years, and my sanity could be compared to a milliner......................wot am I on about?

Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about the mercury issue but I reckon I must have ingested more than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the hell.

The Valley Vegan.............

Guest guest

I've also heard that it's better to not remove them all at once because it causes a lot of it to enter your system. I have mine replaced when it was too old. Thankfully I haven't had a lot of fillings so far.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow that is hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I have had a gob full of the buggers for over 20 years, and my sanity could be compared to a milliner......................wot am I on about? Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about the mercury issue but I reckon I must have ingested more than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the hell. The Valley Vegan.............Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot and I askedhim if he had about three hours to spare for theanswer! Speaking for healthy people (people whosehealth are compromised may have different needs)Ibelieve people are relying too heavily on vaccinations(some are lifesaving, polio, for example during theepidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers ofvaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up basis. I think people should research the pros and cons andthen decided. However, I feel that the flu virusesmutate so rapidly that what you may be protected forthis week just may not be valuable next week. Iprefer to think that it's possible to improve your ownnatural immunity enough to fight off most (if notall)infections (again, I am talking about healthypeople). One thing I've decided to do towards thatstep is to remove all the amalgum fillings in my mouthdue to the

mercury. One book I read that influencedmy decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth. Researchwas cited, but there were also anecdotal stories aswell (which are something to think about if not relyupon). There were examples of people with MSimproving substantially after having the amalgamsremoved and some other examples as well. Anyway,there are steps we can take to help improve our immunesystems. I tend to think that what I was born with isprobably all the tools I need to live my life if I tryto take care of those tools. It's really a new way oflooking at things, what's old is new again! Simplicity is looking more and more inviting. Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I plan notto renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk isgreater to get them than to not. For myself, that is.Susan--- herbvalerian wrote:> I don't see why healthy people need flu jabs.> And more to

the point, does anyone?> > , peter hurd> wrote:> >> > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are you> elderly, very young or have a serious > medical condition which lessens you bodies imune> system in some way?>

Guest guest

Yes, but I'm going ahead with it even though I'm

really, really, afraid of dentists. Mercury does not

leave your body very fast; some mercury free dentists

also offer chelatian therapy to help move the mercury

out of your body faster. All I want to do at this

point is get it out of my mouth. I also have a gold

crown to remove. Did you know those different metals

in your mouth set up a little electic current? Maybe

that would be a good alternative to using the

utilities!

--- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

> Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow that is

> hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I have

> had a gob full of the buggers for over 20 years, and

> my sanity could be compared to a

> milliner......................wot am I on about?

> Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about the

> mercury issue but I reckon I must have ingested more

> than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the hell.

>

> The Valley Vegan.............

>

> Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote:

> My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot and I

> asked

> him if he had about three hours to spare for the

> answer! Speaking for healthy people (people whose

> health are compromised may have different needs)I

> believe people are relying too heavily on

> vaccinations

> (some are lifesaving, polio, for example during the

> epidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers of

> vaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up basis.

>

> I think people should research the pros and cons and

> then decided. However, I feel that the flu viruses

> mutate so rapidly that what you may be protected for

> this week just may not be valuable next week. I

> prefer to think that it's possible to improve your

> own

> natural immunity enough to fight off most (if not

> all)infections (again, I am talking about healthy

> people). One thing I've decided to do towards that

> step is to remove all the amalgum fillings in my

> mouth

> due to the mercury. One book I read that influenced

> my decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth. Research

> was cited, but there were also anecdotal stories as

> well (which are something to think about if not rely

> upon). There were examples of people with MS

> improving substantially after having the amalgams

> removed and some other examples as well. Anyway,

> there are steps we can take to help improve our

> immune

> systems. I tend to think that what I was born with

> is

> probably all the tools I need to live my life if I

> try

> to take care of those tools. It's really a new way

> of

> looking at things, what's old is new again!

> Simplicity is looking more and more inviting.

> Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I plan

> not

> to renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk is

> greater to get them than to not. For myself, that

> is.

> Susan

>

> --- herbvalerian wrote:

>

> > I don't see why healthy people need flu jabs.

> > And more to the point, does anyone?

> >

> > , peter hurd

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are you

> > elderly, very young or have a serious

> > medical condition which lessens you bodies imune

> > system in some way?

> >

>

>

>

> Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to

> -

>

Guest guest

There is a theory about wearing any metal may cause disturbance to the

electrical fields of the body. I guess people who feel this won't wear any

wedding rings or other jewellery or have piercings, wear glasses with metal

frames etc.

Vitamin C and Zinc and coriander are good for transporting heavy metals out

of the body.

Jo

-

" Susan " <oceanfest_2000

Friday, December 02, 2005 10:42 PM

> Yes, but I'm going ahead with it even though I'm

> really, really, afraid of dentists. Mercury does not

> leave your body very fast; some mercury free dentists

> also offer chelatian therapy to help move the mercury

> out of your body faster. All I want to do at this

> point is get it out of my mouth. I also have a gold

> crown to remove. Did you know those different metals

> in your mouth set up a little electic current? Maybe

> that would be a good alternative to using the

> utilities!

>

> --- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> > Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow that is

> > hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I have

> > had a gob full of the buggers for over 20 years, and

> > my sanity could be compared to a

> > milliner......................wot am I on about?

> > Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about the

> > mercury issue but I reckon I must have ingested more

> > than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the hell.

> >

> > The Valley Vegan.............

> >

> > Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote:

> > My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot and I

> > asked

> > him if he had about three hours to spare for the

> > answer! Speaking for healthy people (people whose

> > health are compromised may have different needs)I

> > believe people are relying too heavily on

> > vaccinations

> > (some are lifesaving, polio, for example during the

> > epidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers of

> > vaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up basis.

> >

> > I think people should research the pros and cons and

> > then decided. However, I feel that the flu viruses

> > mutate so rapidly that what you may be protected for

> > this week just may not be valuable next week. I

> > prefer to think that it's possible to improve your

> > own

> > natural immunity enough to fight off most (if not

> > all)infections (again, I am talking about healthy

> > people). One thing I've decided to do towards that

> > step is to remove all the amalgum fillings in my

> > mouth

> > due to the mercury. One book I read that influenced

> > my decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth. Research

> > was cited, but there were also anecdotal stories as

> > well (which are something to think about if not rely

> > upon). There were examples of people with MS

> > improving substantially after having the amalgams

> > removed and some other examples as well. Anyway,

> > there are steps we can take to help improve our

> > immune

> > systems. I tend to think that what I was born with

> > is

> > probably all the tools I need to live my life if I

> > try

> > to take care of those tools. It's really a new way

> > of

> > looking at things, what's old is new again!

> > Simplicity is looking more and more inviting.

> > Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I plan

> > not

> > to renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk is

> > greater to get them than to not. For myself, that

> > is.

> > Susan

> >

> > --- herbvalerian wrote:

> >

> > > I don't see why healthy people need flu jabs.

> > > And more to the point, does anyone?

> > >

> > > , peter hurd

> > > wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are you

> > > elderly, very young or have a serious

> > > medical condition which lessens you bodies imune

> > > system in some way?

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> > protection around

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to

> > -

> >

Guest guest

That's very true and why I am going to a mercury free

dentist who is specially trained in the removal

process--they use special procedures to reduce the

impact of the gas released. Excellent point! susan

--- jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> Very often removing the fillings releases more gas

> than leaving them put. I've got a mouthful too -

> had a lot of trouble with teeth when I was a kid!

>

> Jo

> -

> peter hurd

>

> Friday, December 02, 2005 9:22 PM

> Re: Re: Dining out-rant

>

>

> Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow that

> is hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I

> have had a gob full of the buggers for over 20

> years, and my sanity could be compared to a

>

>

>

>

Start your day with - Make it your home page!

http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

You're lucky you have good teeth. I'm consulting with

a mercury free specialist before I take action.

--- Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

> I've also heard that it's better to not remove them

> all at once because it causes a lot of it to enter

> your system. I have mine replaced when it was too

> old. Thankfully I haven't had a lot of fillings so

> far.

>

> peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Removing

> all the fillings in your teeth! wow that is hard

> core, and probably cost megabucks too! I have had a

> gob full of the buggers for over 20 years, and my

> sanity could be compared to a

>

>

> Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote:

> My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot and I

> asked

> him if he had about three hours to spare for the

> answer! Speaking for healthy people (people whose

> health are compromised may have different needs)I

> believe people are relying too heavily on

> vaccinations

> (some are lifesaving, polio, for example during the

> epidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers of

> vaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up basis.

>

> I think people should research the pros and cons and

> then decided. However, I feel that the flu viruses

> mutate so rapidly that what you may be protected for

> this week just may not be valuable next week. I

> prefer to think that it's possible to improve your

> own

> natural immunity enough to fight off most (if not

> all)infections (again, I am talking about healthy

> people). One thing I've decided to do towards that

> step is to remove all the amalgum fillings in my

> mouth

> due to the mercury. One book I read that influenced

> my decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth. Research

> was cited, but there were also anecdotal stories as

> well (which are something to think about if not rely

> upon). There were examples of people with MS

> improving substantially after having the amalgams

> removed and some other examples as well. Anyway,

> there are steps we can take to help improve our

> immune

> systems. I tend to think that what I was born with

> is

> probably all the tools I need to live my life if I

> try

> to take care of those tools. It's really a new way

> of

> looking at things, what's old is new again!

> Simplicity is looking more and more inviting.

> Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I plan

> not

> to renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk is

> greater to get them than to not. For myself, that

> is.

> Susan

>

> --- herbvalerian wrote:

>

> > I don't see why healthy people need flu jabs.

> > And more to the point, does anyone?

> >

> > , peter hurd

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are you

> > elderly, very young or have a serious

> > medical condition which lessens you bodies imune

> > system in some way?

> >

>

>

>

> Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to

> -

>

Guest guest

There may be something to that; I stopped wearing

pierced earings when I got to thinking more about

that. The ear lobe is a pressure point. I read that

Selenium also helps to move out the heavey metals. I

think eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals is a

help as well. Susan

--- jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> There is a theory about wearing any metal may cause

> disturbance to the

> electrical fields of the body. I guess people who

> feel this won't wear any

> wedding rings or other jewellery or have piercings,

> wear glasses with metal

> frames etc.

>

> Vitamin C and Zinc and coriander are good for

> transporting heavy metals out

> of the body.

>

> Jo

>

> -

> " Susan " <oceanfest_2000

>

> Friday, December 02, 2005 10:42 PM

>

>

> > Yes, but I'm going ahead with it even though I'm

> > really, really, afraid of dentists. Mercury does

> not

> > leave your body very fast; some mercury free

> dentists

> > also offer chelatian therapy to help move the

> mercury

> > out of your body faster. All I want to do at this

> > point is get it out of my mouth. I also have a

> gold

> > crown to remove. Did you know those different

> metals

> > in your mouth set up a little electic current?

> Maybe

> > that would be a good alternative to using the

> > utilities!

> >

> > --- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

> >

> > > Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow

> that is

> > > hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I

> have

> > > had a gob full of the buggers for over 20 years,

> and

> > > my sanity could be compared to a

> > > milliner......................wot am I on about?

> > > Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about the

> > > mercury issue but I reckon I must have ingested

> more

> > > than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the

> hell.

> > >

> > > The Valley Vegan.............

> > >

> > > Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote:

> > > My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot and

> I

> > > asked

> > > him if he had about three hours to spare for the

> > > answer! Speaking for healthy people (people

> whose

> > > health are compromised may have different

> needs)I

> > > believe people are relying too heavily on

> > > vaccinations

> > > (some are lifesaving, polio, for example during

> the

> > > epidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers

> of

> > > vaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up

> basis.

> > >

> > > I think people should research the pros and cons

> and

> > > then decided. However, I feel that the flu

> viruses

> > > mutate so rapidly that what you may be protected

> for

> > > this week just may not be valuable next week. I

> > > prefer to think that it's possible to improve

> your

> > > own

> > > natural immunity enough to fight off most (if

> not

> > > all)infections (again, I am talking about

> healthy

> > > people). One thing I've decided to do towards

> that

> > > step is to remove all the amalgum fillings in my

> > > mouth

> > > due to the mercury. One book I read that

> influenced

> > > my decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth.

> Research

> > > was cited, but there were also anecdotal stories

> as

> > > well (which are something to think about if not

> rely

> > > upon). There were examples of people with MS

> > > improving substantially after having the

> amalgams

> > > removed and some other examples as well. Anyway,

> > > there are steps we can take to help improve our

> > > immune

> > > systems. I tend to think that what I was born

> with

> > > is

> > > probably all the tools I need to live my life if

> I

> > > try

> > > to take care of those tools. It's really a new

> way

> > > of

> > > looking at things, what's old is new again!

> > > Simplicity is looking more and more inviting.

> > > Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I

> plan

> > > not

> > > to renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk is

> > > greater to get them than to not. For myself,

> that

> > > is.

> > > Susan

> > >

> > > --- herbvalerian wrote:

> > >

> > > > I don't see why healthy people need flu jabs.

> > > > And more to the point, does anyone?

> > > >

> > > > , peter hurd

> > > > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are you

> > > > elderly, very young or have a serious

> > > > medical condition which lessens you bodies

> imune

> > > > system in some way?

> > > >

> > >

> > >

>

> > >

> > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> > > protection around

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > To send an email to

> > > -

> > >

Guest guest

I have in my right ear 15earring and in my left 14earring Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: There may be something to that; I stopped wearingpierced earings when I got to thinking more aboutthat. The ear lobe is a pressure point. I read thatSelenium also helps to move out the heavey metals. Ithink eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals is ahelp as well. Susan--- jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> There is a theory about wearing any metal may cause> disturbance to the> electrical fields of the body. I guess people who> feel this won't wear any> wedding rings or other jewellery or have piercings,> wear glasses with metal> frames etc.> > Vitamin C and Zinc and coriander are good for>

transporting heavy metals out> of the body.> > Jo> > -> "Susan" <oceanfest_2000> > Friday, December 02, 2005 10:42 PM> Re: Re: Dining out-rant> > > > Yes, but I'm going ahead with it even though I'm> > really, really, afraid of dentists. Mercury does> not> > leave your body very fast; some mercury free> dentists> > also offer chelatian therapy to help move the> mercury> > out of your body faster. All I want to do at this> > point is get it out of my mouth. I also have a> gold> > crown to remove. Did you know those different> metals> > in your mouth set up a little electic current? > Maybe> > that would be a good alternative to using the>

> utilities!> >> > --- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:> >> > > Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow> that is> > > hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I> have> > > had a gob full of the buggers for over 20 years,> and> > > my sanity could be compared to a> > > milliner......................wot am I on about?> > > Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about the> > > mercury issue but I reckon I must have ingested> more> > > than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the> hell.> > >> > > The Valley Vegan.............> > >> > > Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote:> > > My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot and> I> > > asked> > > him if he had

about three hours to spare for the> > > answer! Speaking for healthy people (people> whose> > > health are compromised may have different> needs)I> > > believe people are relying too heavily on> > > vaccinations> > > (some are lifesaving, polio, for example during> the> > > epidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers> of> > > vaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up> basis.> > >> > > I think people should research the pros and cons> and> > > then decided. However, I feel that the flu> viruses> > > mutate so rapidly that what you may be protected> for> > > this week just may not be valuable next week. I> > > prefer to think that it's possible to improve> your> > > own> > > natural immunity enough to fight off most

(if> not> > > all)infections (again, I am talking about> healthy> > > people). One thing I've decided to do towards> that> > > step is to remove all the amalgum fillings in my> > > mouth> > > due to the mercury. One book I read that> influenced> > > my decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth.> Research> > > was cited, but there were also anecdotal stories> as> > > well (which are something to think about if not> rely> > > upon). There were examples of people with MS> > > improving substantially after having the> amalgams> > > removed and some other examples as well. Anyway,> > > there are steps we can take to help improve our> > > immune> > > systems. I tend to think that what I was born> with> > > is> > > probably

all the tools I need to live my life if> I> > > try> > > to take care of those tools. It's really a new> way> > > of> > > looking at things, what's old is new again!> > > Simplicity is looking more and more inviting.> > > Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I> plan> > > not> > > to renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk is> > > greater to get them than to not. For myself,> that> > > is.> > > Susan> > >> > > --- herbvalerian wrote:> > >> > > > I don't see why healthy people need flu jabs.> > > > And more to the point, does anyone?> > > >> > > > , peter hurd> > > > wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Why would you need flu shots

anyway, are you> > > > elderly, very young or have a serious> > > > medical condition which lessens you bodies> imune> > > > system in some way?> > > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam> > > protection around> > > > > >> > >> > >> > > To send an email to> > > - > > >

Guest guest

The supermarket brands seems to have milk products in them. The ones

imported from Greece etc. seem to be okay.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Friday, December 02, 2005 7:47 PM

> really?

> not here..hummous is just ground chick peas

> tho..i guess i've seen yogurt in hummus..but thats pretty odd and not seen

often

>

>

> jo <jo.heartwork

> Dec 2, 2005 11:40 AM

>

>

> Was tehe hummous vegan? The ones you buy in tubs mostly have milk

products

> in - why? We usually make our own.

>

> Jo

> -

> " herbvalerian " <herbvalerian

>

> Friday, December 02, 2005 6:48 PM

>

>

> > We went to Alnwick a few years back hoping to eat out at the vegetarian

> restaurant which

> > waa there at the time. Unforunately it as shut so we went to the

omnivore

> cafe opposite.

> > We said we were vegan and could not eat cheese. It was a fairly basic

cafe

> menu but they

> > did us baked potato with hummus and beetroot, which was delicious. We

> liked it so much

> > we copied it at home.

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

> earth balance and willow run margarines are pretty easy to find, at least over

here in the

Bay area, both have a vegan margarine..and earth balance is even organic...

That is very good. As Jo pointed out we do have some margarines which are

suitable for

vegans here in UK, but my point was that the vast majority of margarines and

spreads

(which are widely available) seem to use whey and other dairy products as

" fillers " ... as

they are marketing themselves as " healthy " vegeable margarines, usually olive or

sunflower based, its only when you put your vegan hat on and read the

ingredients list

you find they are not vegan at all.

> :)

>

>

> herbvalerian <herbvalerian>

> Dec 2, 2005 11:03 AM

>

>

> I have come to believe whether it is true or not, thst there is a huge excess

of by

products

> in the meat and dairy industry, particularly of whey, and so the food industry

uses it as

a

> sorr of generic filler. Also it is also really hard to fimd vegetable

margarines/spreads

which

> don't have whey in.

>

> , Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote:

> >

> > What is it about cheese? It seems like cheese is in

> > everything, especially when you eat out. I have to

> > ask if the croutons in the salad have cheese in them

> > (usually I just ask to leave them out)as many of them

> > do. I am amazed at how much cheese (and dairy) we

> > have in our foods! I never really thought about it

> > before. Susan

> >

> > --- heartwerk <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > > I always send meals back if they are not vegan. I

> > > was once surprised

> > > up with melted cheese all over it. It went straight

> > > back because

> > >

> > > Jo

> > >

> > > , Susan

> > > >

> > > > I agree that everyone draws a personal line about

> > > how

> > > > far they go; I have sent meals back if they forgot

> > > and

> > > > had even a little dab of pesto for garnish on the

> > > > pasta; I ask to have that held, but sometimes they

> > > dietery

> > > > restrictions. I'm still learning about how far I

> > > want

> > > were

> > > said we

> > > can't

> > > > believe I said this) I said dust mites are living

> > > bacteria?

> > > > Oh well, I don't care if people think I'm weird I

> > > have

> > > > to live the way I believe and I can only do the

> > > best I

> > > > can. Susan

> > > >

> > > >

> > > place

> > > well as

> > > > > veggies...

> > > > >

> > > > > everyone draws the line at different places...

> > > > >

> > > > > and, to me there is a major difference between

> > > > > stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off the

> > > same

> > > > > pan that has been used countless times to baste

> > > some

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > page!

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Music Unlimited

> > Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

> > http://music./unlimited/

> >

>

>

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

It was a few years ago but I will try.

The potaries werebaked until well done in the oven and then split open

slightly. The

hummus was the kind you would expect. It tasted like the *vegan* hummus I

usually have

which is made with chick peas, olive oil, tahini, garlic and lemon juice,

recipes for it all

over the net. By the way did you know hummus is just arabic for chick pea dish?

They did

not put any margarine on. The hummus was sort of dumped on top, as far as I

remember.

The beetroot, to be honest I cannot recall whether it had vinegar on or was

plain, but it

was cooked beetroot and it was very tasty. It sounds rather plain but it was

delicious.

, Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote:

>

> Do you remember how it all went together? Can you

> share? I know how to make hummus and bake a potato,

> but I wonder how they were combined with the beets?

> Thanks. Susan

>

> --- herbvalerian <herbvalerian> wrote:

>

> > We went to Alnwick a few years back hoping to eat

> > out at the vegetarian restaurant which

> > waa there at the time. Unforunately it as shut so we

> > went to the omnivore cafe opposite.

> > We said we were vegan and could not eat cheese. It

> > was a fairly basic cafe menu but they

> > did us baked potato with hummus and beetroot, which

> > was delicious. We liked it so much

> > we copied it at home.

> >

> >

> > , " heartwerk "

> > <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> > >

> > > I always send meals back if they are not vegan. I

> > was once surprised

> > lunchtime - it turned

> > > up with melted cheese all over it. It went

> > straight back because

> > >

> > > Jo

> > >

> > > , Susan

> > <oceanfest_2000> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > I agree that everyone draws a personal line

> > about how

> > > > far they go; I have sent meals back if they

> > forgot and

> > > > had even a little dab of pesto for garnish on

> > the

> > > > pasta; I ask to have that held, but sometimes

> > they

> > dietery

> > > > restrictions. I'm still learning about how far I

> > want

> > were

> > said we

> > can't

> > > > believe I said this) I said dust mites are

> > living

> > bacteria?

> > > > Oh well, I don't care if people think I'm weird

> > I have

> > > > to live the way I believe and I can only do the

> > best I

> > > > can. Susan

> > > >

> > > >

> > place

> > well as

> > > > > veggies...

> > > > >

> > > > > everyone draws the line at different places...

> > > > >

> > > > > and, to me there is a major difference between

> > > > > stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off

> > the same

> > > > > pan that has been used countless times to

> > baste some

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > page!

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> Start your day with - Make it your home page!

> http://www./r/hs

>

Guest guest

Hi Jo

Very well said, thank you! As someone in the situation of living

with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a Father who is my

role model and a carnivore and who knows not one soul nearby who is

a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.

BB

Nikki :)

, " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

>

> Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating animals - NO.

Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating animals - NO.

Would Peter or our daughter expect Colin and I to part company over

a change of diet, even if we wished it was different? Would I

disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.

>

> Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it shouldn't rob

us of our compassion and feeling for others.

>

> As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan vixens - you

knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter whether I am right

or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like most people think

eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you because you like

something I think differently about?

>

> To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as eating meat -

should I not mix with people who have been unfaithful, or insist

that if they are in my house they will not be unfaithful or use

different dishes to me? I think not, because these people have

different ways of looking at things, just as meat eaters do.

>

> Jo

Guest guest

Thanks! I realized after I asked you this question

that the beet root was probably on the side. Ha! I

love beets; well, I love just about anything that's

vegan food. :-) I'm definitely not a picky eater.

Loving to cook just makes it all so much more! A book

someone found for me for the holiays is Moosewood

Restaraunt Celbrates: Festive Meals for Holidays and

Special Occasions, the Moosewood Collection. It's

vegetarian, but has many vegan recipes (and you can

make the usual substitutions in the others). There

were about six recipes listed for the Thanksgiving

meal. I made three of them and was too full to

continue. I live alone, but all my kids/grandkids are

nearby. However, all I wanted to do this year was to

stay home and cook. It was one of the best

Thanksgivings ever. I called everybody on the day to

give them best wishes and made the visiting round the

day after. Anyway, one of the recipes combined

onions, red cabbage and fresh cranberris and it not

only tasted good, it was really pretty to look at. I

guess I should get some breakfast, my stomach is

rumbling! Susan

--- herbvalerian <herbvalerian wrote:

> It was a few years ago but I will try.

> The potaries werebaked until well done in the oven

> and then split open slightly. The

> hummus was the kind you would expect. It tasted like

> the *vegan* hummus I usually have

> which is made with chick peas, olive oil, tahini,

> garlic and lemon juice, recipes for it all

> over the net. By the way did you know hummus is just

> arabic for chick pea dish? They did

> not put any margarine on. The hummus was sort of

> dumped on top, as far as I remember.

> The beetroot, to be honest I cannot recall whether

> it had vinegar on or was plain, but it

> was cooked beetroot and it was very tasty. It sounds

> rather plain but it was delicious.

>

> , Susan

> <oceanfest_2000> wrote:

> >

> > Do you remember how it all went together? Can you

> > share? I know how to make hummus and bake a

> potato,

> > but I wonder how they were combined with the

> beets?

> > Thanks. Susan

> >

> > --- herbvalerian <herbvalerian> wrote:

> >

> > > We went to Alnwick a few years back hoping to

> eat

> > > out at the vegetarian restaurant which

> > > waa there at the time. Unforunately it as shut

> so we

> > > went to the omnivore cafe opposite.

> > > We said we were vegan and could not eat cheese.

> It

> > > was a fairly basic cafe menu but they

> > > did us baked potato with hummus and beetroot,

> which

> > > was delicious. We liked it so much

> > > we copied it at home.

> > >

> > >

> > > , " heartwerk "

> > > <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > I always send meals back if they are not

> vegan. I

> > > was once surprised

> > > > when I ordered a jacket potato with beans one

> > > > up with melted cheese all over it. It went

> > > straight back because

> > > > there was no mention of cheese on the menu.

> > > >

> > > > Jo

> > > >

> > > > , Susan

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree that everyone draws a personal line

> > > about how

> > > > > far they go; I have sent meals back if they

> > > forgot and

> > > > > had even a little dab of pesto for garnish

> on

> > > the

> > > > > pasta; I ask to have that held, but

> sometimes

> > > they

> > > > > forget. Most people are understanding about

> > > dietery

> > > > > restrictions. I'm still learning about how

> far I

> > > want

> > > > > to go. I stopped my allergy shots because

> they

> > > were

> > > > > grass, dust mites, dog, and cat. My

> allergist

> > > said we

> > > > > could continue the grass and dust mite and

> (I

> > > can't

> > > > > believe I said this) I said dust mites are

> > > living

> > > > > creatures, too. He countered with what are

> > > bacteria?

> > > > > Oh well, I don't care if people think I'm

> weird

> > > I have

> > > > > to live the way I believe and I can only do

> the

> > > best I

> > > > > can. Susan

> > > > >

> > > > > --- fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > > i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at

> any

> > > place

> > > > > > that uses the same pots and such for meat

> as

> > > well as

> > > > > > veggies...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > everyone draws the line at different

> places...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > and, to me there is a major difference

> between

> > > > > > stepping behind a carnivore, and eating

> off

> > > the same

> > > > > > pan that has been used countless times to

> > > baste some

> > > > > > dead critter....

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Start your day with - Make it your

> home

> > > page!

> > > > > http://www./r/hs

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Start your day with - Make it your home

> page!

> > http://www./r/hs

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Someone at work asked me if I'd date someone who ate

meat. That's a good question and I'm still thinking

about it. I'm inclined to think not, because this

value is so important to me; however, I'm not really

sure to be honest with you (I don't want to get

married again, so that wasn't an issue). My extended

family are all omnivors to varying extents and I

haven't disowned any of them. I'd hate to think that

what someone ate was the only thing I valued about

them. It doesn't feel peaceful to me to discriminate

on this, so I still need to figure this one out. I

think my value for nondiscrimination is stronger than

my value about being vegan, or maybe the two values

are equally as strong. I hope I figure it out before

I die and it won't matter anymore. :-) Susan

--- earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

> Hi Jo

>

> Very well said, thank you! As someone in the

> situation of living

> with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a

> Father who is my

> role model and a carnivore and who knows not one

> soul nearby who is

> a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.

>

> BB

> Nikki :)

>

> , " jo "

> <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating

> animals - NO.

> Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating

> animals - NO.

> Would Peter or our daughter expect Colin and I to

> part company over

> a change of diet, even if we wished it was

> different? Would I

> disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.

> >

> > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it

> shouldn't rob

> us of our compassion and feeling for others.

> >

> > As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan

> vixens - you

> knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter

> whether I am right

> or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like

> most people think

> eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you

> because you like

> something I think differently about?

> >

> > To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as

> eating meat -

> should I not mix with people who have been

> unfaithful, or insist

> that if they are in my house they will not be

> unfaithful or use

> different dishes to me? I think not, because these

> people have

> different ways of looking at things, just as meat

> eaters do.

> >

> > Jo

>

>

>

>

>

________

DSL – Something to write home about.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.

dsl.

Guest guest

Welcome to the art of compasion. Love will find its way, as you said you cant disown your family just because you disagree with them, and change your lifestyle. Sorry, as everyone knows I am just a big softy! The Valley Vegan...............Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: Someone at work asked me if I'd date someone who atemeat. That's a good question and I'm still thinkingabout it. I'm inclined to think not, because thisvalue is so important to me; however, I'm not reallysure to be honest with you (I don't want to getmarried again, so that wasn't an issue). My extendedfamily are all omnivors to varying extents and Ihaven't disowned any of them. I'd hate to think thatwhat someone ate was the only thing I valued aboutthem. It doesn't feel peaceful to me to

discriminateon this, so I still need to figure this one out. Ithink my value for nondiscrimination is stronger thanmy value about being vegan, or maybe the two valuesare equally as strong. I hope I figure it out beforeI die and it won't matter anymore. :-) Susan--- earthstrm wrote:> Hi Jo> > Very well said, thank you! As someone in the> situation of living > with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a> Father who is my > role model and a carnivore and who knows not one> soul nearby who is > a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.> > BB> Nikki :)> > , "jo"> wrote:> >> > Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating> animals - NO. > Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating> animals - NO. > Would Peter

or our daughter expect Colin and I to> part company over > a change of diet, even if we wished it was> different? Would I > disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.> > > > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it> shouldn't rob > us of our compassion and feeling for others. > > > > As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan> vixens - you > knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter> whether I am right > or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like> most people think > eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you> because you like > something I think differently about? > > > > To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as> eating meat - > should I not mix with people who have been> unfaithful, or insist > that if they are in my house they will not be> unfaithful

or use > different dishes to me? I think not, because these> people have > different ways of looking at things, just as meat> eaters do.> > > > Jo> > > > > ________ DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.

Guest guest

At the risk of agreeing too much with Jo this week ( only joking) she talks a lot of sense. Remember, think of it as a two way street. Did anyone disown you when you went veggie/vegan? The Valley Vegan.............earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Hi JoVery well said, thank you! As someone in the situation of living with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a Father who is my role model and a carnivore and who knows not one soul nearby who is a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.BBNikki :) , "jo" wrote:>> Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating animals - NO. Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating animals - NO. Would Peter or our daughter expect

Colin and I to part company over a change of diet, even if we wished it was different? Would I disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.> > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it shouldn't rob us of our compassion and feeling for others. > > As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan vixens - you knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter whether I am right or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like most people think eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you because you like something I think differently about? > > To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as eating meat - should I not mix with people who have been unfaithful, or insist that if they are in my house they will not be unfaithful or use different dishes to me? I think not, because these people have different ways of looking at things, just as meat eaters do.> >

Jo