Guest guest

North Wales holiday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

take it back!

punk never died!!!

pheh!

hee hee hee peter hurd Jun 14, 2005 9:18 AM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum. Black Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left with a bunch of new romantics and such.....

The Valley Vegan..........Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

> Oh come on Jo, just look no further than British music in the 80`s, British politicians in the 80`s - those glorious Thatcher

> years ( very popular round here during the miners strikes).Makes Benny Hill seem fantastic.

And just what was so bad about British music in the 80s? Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Magnum, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, etc.

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to -

Guest guest

let me talk with yer employer....

i'll make em an offer they can't refuse

of course, then you 'll prolly have lotsa, umm, free time on yer hands peter hurd Jun 14, 2005 9:22 AM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

You cough up the funds for me and my family, and arrange for my job to let me escape and I`m there!

Go on then , I`m waiting?

The Valley Vegan........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

pheh

there's a whole wide world to explore

:)

Jo Cwazy Jun 11, 2005 12:16 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

There's nowt wrong with home Fraggle :-)

BBJo

u ppl obviously are home much too often

say the first episode of Lost waiting fer my ride to come get me, and alas, thought it was absolute garbage..sorry nikki_mackovitch Jun 11, 2005 6:27 AM Re: North Wales holiday Hi JoI think you;ll like Lost. It has some pretty good twists and turns and I especially like how in each episode you find out more about the people's backgrounds. It adds more to the story.Alias is about FBI agents and is written very well. 24 is about CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit)for America and it is written pretty well too.Both have good plots and some good twists too.BBNikki :) , "heartwerk" <heartwork@c...> wrote:> I'll have to watch those then. I'm bound to find something I like.> > BB> Jo> > , "nikki_mackovitch" <nikkimack@m...>> wrote:> > Hi Jo> > > > Than let's hope Dr. Who continues on!> > > > I liked Next Generation better too. Definately more interesting.> > > > Now I like Alias, Lost and 24. Not on Sci-Fi tho. Especially Lost!> > > > BB> > Nikki> > > > > > , "heartwerk" <heartwork@c...> > > wrote:> > > I liked Stargate, and my favourite Star Trek was Next Generation -> > > sadly both finished now, along with Buffy and Angel. I will have> > > nothing new to watch when Dr Who has finished :-(> > > > > > BB> > > Jo> > > > > > , "nikki_mackovitch" > > <nikk imack@m...>> > > wrote:> > > > Hi Jo> > > > > > > > I am bad at that too, though we don't have Sky1 here, it is > > > > something else and none of them I watch religiously. But I like > > to > > > > catch at time Stargate, Andromeda, some Star Trek and a few of > > their > > > > movies and made-for programs.> > > > > > > > BB> > > > Nikki> > > > > > > > , "heartwerk" <heartwork@c...> > > > > wrote:> > > > > Hi Nikki> > > > > > > > > > Which programmes do you like? > > > > > > > > > > I can never remember which programmes are on Sci Fi and which > > on > > > > Sky > > > > > 1.> > > > > > > > > > BB> > > > > Jo> > > > > > > > > > , "nikki_mackovitch" > > > > > <nikkimack@m...> wrote:> > > > > > Hi Peter> > > > > > > > > > > > For some of the things they show, definately! Though I must > > say > > > > > they > > > > > > do tend to have a few good programs and movies.> > > > > > > > > > > > BB> > > > > > Nikki> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > , metalscarab@c... wrote:> > > > > > > Hi Nikki> > > > > > > > > > > > > > & gt; Standards? Geesh, I've seen some of the stuff they put > > on!> > > > > > > > > > > > > > If it's anything like the Sci Fi channel we get in the UK, > > > > then > > > > > Dr > > > > > > Who is> > > > > > > probably a bit too good... too much like good drama > > without > > > > > enough > > > > > > space> > > > > > > battles :-)> > > > > > > > > > > > > > BB> > > > > > > PeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

I think it sad that people keep slagging off old Benny. He was apparently a very lonely man in life, but as to being a perv? you have to remember the heritage of british comedy around at the time, just look at the awful carry on films. Base humour does transcend cultures and so I am not surprised that it travelled so well.

Now if only we could convince the yanks that there is more to british humour than benny hill and monty python!

The Valley Vegan........heartwerk <heartwork wrote:

Strangely enough, I think the 80s pop was qood, better than most other eras.Benny Hill - just plain vulgar. Apparently a very unhappy person.Jo , "Anouk Sickler" wrote:> > british music in the 80's saved my life, hee hee. > starting with duran duran when I was 12. Billy Idol. Sex pistols.> and before that in the 70's the beatles, My mom had LightMusic, FM on > All of the time. > > > I remember Benny Hill, in the 80's, > I was sent on vacation to my aunts house in dominican republic. > > A group of teenage boys in the neighborhood, looved to watch him. > they would die laughing. > > They would movie project Benny Hill, in a garage and charge about > fifty cents. They were about, 13,14,15. > I

used to sneak in a watch with my cousins. I like the way they moved > fast and chase each other at the end, and sometimes I would > translate, but most of the time no translation needed.. > > he was a perv old man, but he made them laugh.> > > > , "Peter" wrote:> > Hi Peter> > > > > Oh come on Jo, just look no further than British music in the > 80`s, British politicians in the 80`s - those glorious Thatcher> > > years ( very popular round here during the miners strikes).Makes > Benny Hill seem fantastic.> > > > And just what was so bad about British music in the 80s? Iron > Maiden, Judas Priest, Magnum, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, etc.> > > > BB> > PeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

You sure know how to help a guy out?!?!?!?!?

Can you find me another job now!

The Valley Vegan....fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

let me talk with yer employer....

i'll make em an offer they can't refuse

of course, then you 'll prolly have lotsa, umm, free time on yer hands peter hurd Jun 14, 2005 9:22 AM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

You cough up the funds for me and my family, and arrange for my job to let me escape and I`m there!

Go on then , I`m waiting?

pheh

there's a whole wide world to explore

Jo Cwazy Jun 11, 2005 12:16 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

There's nowt wrong with home Fraggle :-)

BBJo

u ppl obviously are home much too often

say the first episode of Lost waiting fer my ride to come get me, and alas, thought it was absolute garbage..sorry nikki_mackovitch Jun 11, 2005 6:27 AM Re: North Wales holiday Hi JoI think you;ll like Lost. It has some pretty good twists and turns and I especially like how in each episode you find out more about the people's backgrounds. It adds more to the story.Alias is about FBI agents and is written very well. 24 is about CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit)for America and it is written pretty well too.Both have good plots and some good twists too.BBNikki :) , "heartwerk" <heartwork@c...> wrote:> I'll have to watch those then. I'm bound to find something I

like.> > BB> Jo> > , "nikki_mackovitch" <nikkimack@m...>> wrote:> > Hi Jo> > > > Than let's hope Dr. Who continues on!> > > > I liked Next Generation better too. Definately more interesting.> > > > Now I like Alias, Lost and 24. Not on Sci-Fi tho. Especially Lost!> > > > BB> > Nikki> > > > > > , "heartwerk" <heartwork@c...> > > wrote:> > > I liked Stargate, and my favourite Star Trek was Next Generation -> > > sadly both finished now, along with Buffy and Angel. I will have> > > nothing new to watch when Dr Who has finished :-(> > > > > > BB> > > Jo> > > > > > ,

"nikki_mackovitch" > > <nikk imack@m...>> > > wrote:> > > > Hi Jo> > > > > > > > I am bad at that too, though we don't have Sky1 here, it is > > > > something else and none of them I watch religiously. But I like > > to > > > > catch at time Stargate, Andromeda, some Star Trek and a few of > > their > > > > movies and made-for programs.> > > > > > > > BB> > > > Nikki> > > > > > > > , "heartwerk" <heartwork@c...> > > > > wrote:> > > > > Hi Nikki> > > > > > > > > > Which programmes do you like? > > > > > > > > > > I can never remember which programmes are on Sci Fi and which > > on

> > > > Sky > > > > > 1.> > > > > > > > > > BB> > > > > Jo> > > > > > > > > > , "nikki_mackovitch" > > > > > <nikkimack@m...> wrote:> > > > > > Hi Peter> > > > > > > > > > > > For some of the things they show, definately! Though I must > > say > > > > > they > > > > > > do tend to have a few good programs and movies.> > > > > > > > > > > > BB> > > > > > Nikki> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > , metalscarab@c... wrote:> > > > > > > Hi Nikki> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > & gt; Standards? Geesh, I've seen some of the stuff they put > > on!> > > > > > > > > > > > > > If it's anything like the Sci Fi channel we get in the UK, > > > > then > > > > > Dr > > > > > > Who is> > > > > > > probably a bit too good... too much like good drama > > without > > > > > enough > > > > > > space> > > > > > > battles :-)> > > > > > > > > > > > > > BB> > > > > > > PeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

The spirit never died, but I look at some of the so called punk bands today and then remember the glorious days of `75 to `79, and it just doesn`t compare.

take it back!

punk never died!!!

pheh!

Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum. Black Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left with a bunch of new romantics and such.....

Hi Peter

> Oh come on Jo, just look no further than British music in the 80`s, British politicians in the 80`s - those glorious Thatcher

> years ( very popular round here during the miners strikes).Makes Benny Hill seem fantastic.

And just what was so bad about British music in the 80s? Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Magnum, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, etc.

BB

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to -

Guest guest

thats cuz yer prolly only thinkin of the so-called "popular" *punk* bands today...

using the term punk there pretty loosely

i could prolly name 5 bands today fer every '77 band that are still holding forth the torch peter hurd Jun 14, 2005 9:44 AM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

The spirit never died, but I look at some of the so called punk bands today and then remember the glorious days of `75 to `79, and it just doesn`t compare.

take it back!

punk never died!!!

pheh!

Hi Peter

BB

Peter H

Guest guest

Like what for instance?

There's not much better than Python!

Nikki :)

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> I think it sad that people keep slagging off old Benny. He was

apparently a very lonely man in life, but as to being a perv? you

have to remember the heritage of british comedy around at the time,

just look at the awful carry on films. Base humour does transcend

cultures and so I am not surprised that it travelled so well.

> Now if only we could convince the yanks that there is more to

british humour than benny hill and monty python!

>

> The Valley Vegan........

>

> heartwerk <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> Strangely enough, I think the 80s pop was qood, better than most

> other eras.

>

> Benny Hill - just plain vulgar. Apparently a very unhappy person.

>

> Jo

>

> , " Anouk Sickler "

> wrote:

> >

> > british music in the 80's saved my life, hee hee.

> > starting with duran duran when I was 12. Billy Idol. Sex pistols.

> > and before that in the 70's the beatles, My mom had LightMusic,

FM

> on

> > All of the time.

> >

> >

> > I remember Benny Hill, in the 80's,

> > I was sent on vacation to my aunts house in dominican republic.

> >

> > A group of teenage boys in the neighborhood, looved to watch

him.

> > they would die laughing.

> >

> > They would movie project Benny Hill, in a garage and charge

about

> > fifty cents. They were about, 13,14,15.

> > I used to sneak in a watch with my cousins. I like the way they

> moved

> > fast and chase each other at the end, and sometimes I would

> > translate, but most of the time no translation needed..

> >

> > he was a perv old man, but he made them laugh.

> >

> >

> >

> > , " Peter " wrote:

> > > Hi Peter

> > >

> > > > Oh come on Jo, just look no further than British music in

the

> > 80`s, British politicians in the 80`s - those glorious Thatcher

> > > > years ( very popular round here during the miners

> strikes).Makes

> > Benny Hill seem fantastic.

> > >

> > > And just what was so bad about British music in the 80s? Iron

> > Maiden, Judas Priest, Magnum, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, etc.

> > >

> > > BB

> > > Peter

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Photographic memory? or do you also hang around railway stations, notebook

> in hand?

Nope - I tend to avoid railway stations (except those quiet branch line

stations, where you can have quite a bit of fun by fooling people into

thinking a train is on its way)... I wish I did have a photographic

memory... unfortunately, my memory seems to work to a basic principle of

anything that is completely useless I will remember.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum.

*gasp of amazement and shock*

'Scuse me while I go into a corner and mutter quietly to myself...

> Black

> Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and

> they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I

> was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left

> with a bunch of new romantics and such.....

I always think it's best to avoid thinking in terms of pop music - it can

only cause problems. Sabbath were still going throughout the 80's - they

just kept changing members - Ronnie Dio left in about 1983, Ian Gillan

sang with them for an album or two, and then they got in Tony Martin for

the rest of the 80's and 90's... See - told you I could remember lots of

useless stuff.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Never been more serious.........Blakes Seven? worst scfi-fi ever ( I still

> watched it though!)

> Wind you up?......its only telly!

Yep - but Blake's Seven is my earliest memory... it was on after my

sister's dancing lessons - we'd dash home, pull the sofa in front of the

fire, and watch Blake's Seven. I reckon the first two series were some of

the best Sci Fi ever - although I'd agree that after Blake left it did go

down hill.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Roger Delgado

> Didnt see much of him after that, apart from the occasional BBC

> production, what became of him and his acting career?

Rather sadly it was curtailed by his death in a car accident in about 1973

- it was one of the main reasons Jon Pertwee gave up being Dr Who.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

> Like what for instance?

> There's not much better than Python!

Well... Black Adder (since we started the conversation on that), Fawlty

Towers, Spaced, Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy (the original, not the new

film), Red Dwarf...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I forgot Fawlty Towers, but agree it is one of the best.

BB

Jo

> Hi Nikki

>

> > Like what for instance?

> > There's not much better than Python!

>

> Well... Black Adder (since we started the conversation on that), Fawlty

> Towers, Spaced, Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy (the original, not the new

> film), Red Dwarf...

Guest guest

Hi Peter,

I know that there is more to british comedy than benny hill. We get

them here mostly on PBS (public broadcasting station), I don't have

bbc america, but I use to enjoy watching a comedy called " are you

being served?

It was peculiarly funny in a british sort of way, the characters were

interesting and there was a lady with purple or sometimes green hair

(not punk), don't know if you remember it because it is old, we got

the RE-runs, and I believe they where done in the 1970's.

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> I think it sad that people keep slagging off old Benny. He was

apparently a very lonely man in life, but as to being a perv? > Now

if only we could convince the yanks that there is more to british

humour than benny hill and monty python!

>

> The Valley Vegan........

>

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

> I know that there is more to british comedy than benny hill. We get

> them here mostly on PBS (public broadcasting station), I don't have

> bbc america, but I use to enjoy watching a comedy called " are you

> being served?

> It was peculiarly funny in a british sort of way, the characters were

> interesting and there was a lady with purple or sometimes green hair

> (not punk), don't know if you remember it because it is old, we got

> the RE-runs, and I believe they where done in the 1970's.

I do indeed remember " are you being served " - it was one of the " classics "

of the 70's. I seem to remember that I quite enjoyed it as a child, but

having seen it again more recently, I didn't find it particularly funny. I

think possibly the characters are too " stereotypical " , which fitted in

with a 1970s view of the world, but seems very outdated today.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I agree with you , nearly all the originals have quit/ died/faded away, some who should have still soldier on ( UK Subs etc.)

The Valley Vegan.......fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

thats cuz yer prolly only thinkin of the so-called "popular" *punk* bands today...

using the term punk there pretty loosely

i could prolly name 5 bands today fer every '77 band that are still holding forth the torch peter hurd Jun 14, 2005 9:44 AM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

take it back!

punk never died!!!

pheh!

Hi Peter

BB

Peter H

Guest guest

My memory is so bad, that if I have a few days off work, I usually cant remember my access passwords to any of the systems that I use and have to get them all reset!

One step away from a goldfish.

The Valley Vegan...........metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter> Photographic memory? or do you also hang around railway stations, notebook> in hand?Nope - I tend to avoid railway stations (except those quiet branch linestations, where you can have quite a bit of fun by fooling people intothinking a train is on its way)... I wish I did have a photographicmemory... unfortunately, my memory seems to work to a basic principle ofanything that is completely useless I will remember.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Sorry Peter, but Sabbath without Ozzy?!!!? nah not for me, fancy thinking they bring in that dwarf to replace him!....Any hoo, hes back performing with them now and again, but as he recently said in an interview ( or mumbled ), the reason that they have not released any new stuff together is because nothing they can come up with is a patch on the old Sabbath stuff. A nice sensible sentiment I think, I mean look at Motley Crue!!!!!!! ha, ha, ha, ha,

The Valley Vegan.......metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter> Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum.*gasp of amazement and shock*'Scuse me while I go into a corner and mutter quietly to myself...> Black> Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and> they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I> was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left> with a bunch of new romantics and such.....I always think it's best to avoid thinking in terms of pop music - it canonly cause problems. Sabbath were still going throughout the 80's - theyjust kept changing members - Ronnie Dio left in about 1983, Ian Gillansang with them for an album or two, and then they got in Tony Martin forthe rest of the 80's and 90's... See - told you I could remember lots

ofuseless stuff.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Down hill, it was never up ther in the first place. It is one of those early examples of bad moving scenery and "special" effects that we came to love and look back on with fondness e.g. Dr Who, Crossroads etc . The acting ( use the term loosely) was only surpassed by the script and direction in its ineptness.

Even the memory of it still makes me smile.

Dont worry you will get over it.

Last in series of DR Who tonight, that ought to take your mind of it.

Hi Peter> Never been more serious.........Blakes Seven? worst scfi-fi ever ( I still> watched it though!)> Wind you up?......its only telly!Yep - but Blake's Seven is my earliest memory... it was on after mysister's dancing lessons - we'd dash home, pull the sofa in front of thefire, and watch Blake's Seven. I reckon the first two series were some ofthe best Sci Fi ever - although I'd agree that after Blake left it did godown hill.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Are You Being Served was another example of Inuendo run wild in British Comedy, with chaerctors constantly going on about Mrs Slocombes` pussy!

The Valley Vegan......Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

Hi Peter,I know that there is more to british comedy than benny hill. We get them here mostly on PBS (public broadcasting station), I don't have bbc america, but I use to enjoy watching a comedy called "are you being served? It was peculiarly funny in a british sort of way, the characters were interesting and there was a lady with purple or sometimes green hair (not punk), don't know if you remember it because it is old, we got the RE-runs, and I believe they where done in the 1970's. , peter hurd wrote:> I think it sad that people keep slagging off old Benny. He was apparently a very lonely man in life, but as to being a perv? > Now if only we could convince the yanks that there is more to british humour than benny hill and monty python!> > The Valley

Vegan........>To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Sorry Peter, but Sabbath without Ozzy?!!!? nah not for me, fancy thinking they bring in that dwarf to replace him!....

And consequently producing some absolute classics... Heaven & Hell / Mob Rules are both fantastic albums, and some classic tracks, and even though no-one seems to remember it, Dehumanizer is one of the best albums ever.

And, in addition, you got the whole of Ozzy's solo stuff which wouldn't have happened otherwise.

And Dio is still out playing and recording... doing a tour in October for his latest album... not long until the 50th anniversary of his first album!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Down hill, it was never up ther in the first place. It is one of those early examples of bad moving scenery and "special"

> effects that we came to love and look back on with fondness e.g. Dr Who, Crossroads etc . The acting ( use the term

> loosely) was only surpassed by the script and direction in its ineptness.

I think you're memory is a little faulty... the "Liberator" was one of the best special effects on TV at the time (OK, it pales into comparison with modern TV, but they didn't have computers back then) - way better than anything that programmes like Star Trek had to offer. The actors were generally highly regarded, and have mostly had very successful careers with the RSC - not something that you can say about "bad" actors. And the script and setting, at least at the start were very imaginative. OK, the original plot has been replicated numerous times by later programmes - but at the time it was unique.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Black Sabbath were good with Ozzy at one time. Ozzy has produced much better stuff solo than with Black Sabbath, especially with Randy Rhodes and Zakk Wylde. IMO Black Sabbath were much better with Dio, although of course, Dio is excellent with his own band - we are booked to see him again in October. I've been to Black Sabbath concerts, with Ozzy and with Dio. They were both good, but I enjoyed Ozzy for a sort of 'original' band thing - Dio's performance was much sharper. He can't help being small, and I don't think that should be picked on.

Long Live Dio.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, June 18, 2005 3:31 PM

Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Sorry Peter, but Sabbath without Ozzy?!!!? nah not for me, fancy thinking they bring in that dwarf to replace him!....Any hoo, hes back performing with them now and again, but as he recently said in an interview ( or mumbled ), the reason that they have not released any new stuff together is because nothing they can come up with is a patch on the old Sabbath stuff. A nice sensible sentiment I think, I mean look at Motley Crue!!!!!!! ha, ha, ha, ha,

Hi Peter> Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum.*gasp of amazement and shock*'Scuse me while I go into a corner and mutter quietly to myself...> Black> Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and> they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I> was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left> with a bunch of new romantics and such.....I always think it's best to avoid thinking in terms of pop music - it canonly cause problems. Sabbath were still going throughout the 80's - theyjust kept changing members - Ronnie Dio left in about 1983, Ian Gillansang with them for an album or two, and then they got in Tony Martin forthe rest of the 80's and 90's... See - told you I could remember lots ofuseless stuff.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

There was nothing wrong with the Blakes Seven acting - it was typical seventies television acting. The special effects were actually excellent for British tv at that time - or have you forgotten - you did say your memory was bad.

-

peter hurd

Saturday, June 18, 2005 3:52 PM

Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Down hill, it was never up ther in the first place. It is one of those early examples of bad moving scenery and "special" effects that we came to love and look back on with fondness e.g. Dr Who, Crossroads etc . The acting ( use the term loosely) was only surpassed by the script and direction in its ineptness.

Even the memory of it still makes me smile.

Dont worry you will get over it.

Last in series of DR Who tonight, that ought to take your mind of it.

Hi Peter> Never been more serious.........Blakes Seven? worst scfi-fi ever ( I still> watched it though!)> Wind you up?......its only telly!Yep - but Blake's Seven is my earliest memory... it was on after mysister's dancing lessons - we'd dash home, pull the sofa in front of thefire, and watch Blake's Seven. I reckon the first two series were some ofthe best Sci Fi ever - although I'd agree that after Blake left it did godown hill.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

You're right about Dehumanizer - I must get that out and play it tomorrow. Can't wait for October. :-)

BBJo

> Sorry Peter, but Sabbath without Ozzy?!!!? nah not for me, fancy thinking they bring in that dwarf to replace him!....

And consequently producing some absolute classics... Heaven & Hell / Mob Rules are both fantastic albums, and some classic tracks, and even though no-one seems to remember it, Dehumanizer is one of the best albums ever.

And, in addition, you got the whole of Ozzy's solo stuff which wouldn't have happened otherwise.

And Dio is still out playing and recording... doing a tour in October for his latest album... not long until the 50th anniversary of his first album!

BB