IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

North Wales holiday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh yes - Dehumanizer is an excellent album.

BB

Jo

, " Peter " <metalscarab@c...> wrote:

> Hi Peter

>

> > Sorry Peter, but Sabbath without Ozzy?!!!? nah not for me, fancy

thinking they bring in that dwarf to replace him!....

>

> And consequently producing some absolute classics... Heaven & Hell /

Mob Rules are both fantastic albums, and some classic tracks, and even

though no-one seems to remember it, Dehumanizer is one of the best

albums ever.

>

> And, in addition, you got the whole of Ozzy's solo stuff which

wouldn't have happened otherwise.

>

> And Dio is still out playing and recording... doing a tour in

October for his latest album... not long until the 50th anniversary of

his first album!

>

> BB

> Peter

Guest guest

Without Randy the sound just isn't there! But then this family is strickly guitar and power beat drums oriented <g>

Y'all didn't think we bought land out in the boonies strickly to get away from people, did ya? It is really so we don't have to listen to folks telling us to turn em down when we can fire up the 4 stacks of 2-10s, the Scorpions and the bass 18 with 2 10s <g>

Yup, give me some down and dirty slide like Junkyard's one track or the old 60s, 70s and even some 80s hard rock!

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Saturday, June 18, 2005 3:24 PM

Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Black Sabbath were good with Ozzy at one time. Ozzy has produced much better stuff solo than with Black Sabbath, especially with Randy Rhodes and Zakk Wylde. IMO Black Sabbath were much better with Dio, although of course, Dio is excellent with his own band - we are booked to see him again in October. I've been to Black Sabbath concerts, with Ozzy and with Dio. They were both good, but I enjoyed Ozzy for a sort of 'original' band thing - Dio's performance was much sharper. He can't help being small, and I don't think that should be picked on.

Long Live Dio.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, June 18, 2005 3:31 PM

Sorry Peter, but Sabbath without Ozzy?!!!? nah not for me, fancy thinking they bring in that dwarf to replace him!....Any hoo, hes back performing with them now and again, but as he recently said in an interview ( or mumbled ), the reason that they have not released any new stuff together is because nothing they can come up with is a patch on the old Sabbath stuff. A nice sensible sentiment I think, I mean look at Motley Crue!!!!!!! ha, ha, ha, ha,

The Valley Vegan.......metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter> Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum.*gasp of amazement and shock*'Scuse me while I go into a corner and mutter quietly to myself...> Black> Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and> they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I> was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left> with a bunch of new romantics and such.....I always think it's best to avoid thinking in terms of pop music - it canonly cause problems. Sabbath were still going throughout the 80's - theyjust kept changing members - Ronnie Dio left in about 1983, Ian Gillansang with them for an album or two, and then they got in Tony Martin forthe rest of the 80's and 90's... See - told you I could remember lots ofuseless stuff.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

egads..i'm surrounded by hessians.... Lynda Jun 18, 2005 5:41 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Without Randy the sound just isn't there! But then this family is strickly guitar and power beat drums oriented <g>

Y'all didn't think we bought land out in the boonies strickly to get away from people, did ya? It is really so we don't have to listen to folks telling us to turn em down when we can fire up the 4 stacks of 2-10s, the Scorpions and the bass 18 with 2 10s <g>

Yup, give me some down and dirty slide like Junkyard's one track or the old 60s, 70s and even some 80s hard rock!

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Black Sabbath were good with Ozzy at one time. Ozzy has produced much better stuff solo than with Black Sabbath, especially with Randy Rhodes and Zakk Wylde. IMO Black Sabbath were much better with Dio, although of course, Dio is excellent with his own band - we are booked to see him again in October. I've been to Black Sabbath concerts, with Ozzy and with Dio. They were both good, but I enjoyed Ozzy for a sort of 'original' band thing - Dio's performance was much sharper. He can't help being small, and I don't think that should be picked on.

Long Live Dio.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Sorry Peter, but Sabbath without Ozzy?!!!? nah not for me, fancy thinking they bring in that dwarf to replace him!....Any hoo, hes back performing with them now and again, but as he recently said in an interview ( or mumbled ), the reason that they have not released any new stuff together is because nothing they can come up with is a patch on the old Sabbath stuff. A nice sensible sentiment I think, I mean look at Motley Crue!!!!!!! ha, ha, ha, ha,

Hi Peter> Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum.*gasp of amazement and shock*'Scuse me while I go into a corner and mutter quietly to myself...> Black> Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and> they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I> was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left> with a bunch of new romantics and such.....I always think it's best to avoid thinking in terms of pop music - it canonly cause problems. Sabbath were still going throughout the 80's - theyjust kept changing members - Ronnie Dio left in about 1983, Ian Gillansang with them for an album or two, and then they got in Tony Martin forthe rest of the 80's and 90's... See - told you I could remember lots ofuseless stuff.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Hessians? Hmmmm, I can't really picture them playing violin (Uncle Henry made all string instruments and I have and play the one he made in the 1800s) or guitar. Certainly not the haunting notes from the Rickenbacher 12 string or crazy leads from the handmade Moonstone. Maybe the throaty sounds of the swamp ash Peavy. Nah. Well, maybe pounding out a Wagner tune on ye ol' piano. Nah, youngest wouldn't allow that. The keyboards are her babies.

Guess that leaves out the Hessians <<eg>>

Lynda

-

fraggle

Saturday, June 18, 2005 6:12 PM

egads..i'm surrounded by hessians.... Lynda Jun 18, 2005 5:41 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Long Live Dio.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Hi Peter> Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum.*gasp of amazement and shock*'Scuse me while I go into a corner and mutter quietly to myself...> Black> Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and> they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I> was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left> with a bunch of new romantics and such.....I always think it's best to avoid thinking in terms of pop music - it canonly cause problems. Sabbath were still going throughout the 80's - theyjust kept changing members - Ronnie Dio left in about 1983, Ian Gillansang with them for an album or two, and then they got in Tony Martin forthe rest of the 80's and 90's... See - told you I could remember lots o fuseless stuff.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Crazy Train :-) :-)

Jo

-

Lynda

Sunday, June 19, 2005 1:41 AM

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Long Live Dio.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Guest guest

???

hessian

• noun a strong, coarse fabric made from hemp or jute, used especially for sacks and in upholstery.

— ORIGIN from Hesse, a state of western Germany.

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 2:12 AM

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Long Live Dio.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Hi Peter> Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum.*gasp of amazement and shock*'Scuse me while I go into a corner and mutter quietly to myself...> Black> Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and> they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I> was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left> with a bunch of new romantics and such.....I always think it's best to avoid thinking in terms of pop music - it canonly cause problems. Sabbath were still going throughout the 80's - theyjust kept changing members - Ronnie Dio left in about 1983, Ian Gillansang with them for an album or two, and then they got in Tony Martin forthe rest of the 80's and 90's... See - told you I could remember lots o fuseless stuff.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Jo

> hessian

I thought he was calling us Germans (i.e. from Hesse), but I'm as confused as you are as to why!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hopefully Fraggle will let us know what he means.

BBJo

-

Peter

Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:35 AM

Hi Jo

> hessian

I thought he was calling us Germans (i.e. from Hesse), but I'm as confused as you are as to why!

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

*rolls eyes*

hessians/heshers are folks who listen to hard rock/heavy metal... Peter Jun 19, 2005 3:35 AM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Peter

To send an email to -

Guest guest

everyone called metal heads hessians in SoCal in the early 80's

later, it spread all over the place... Jo Cwazy Jun 19, 2005 6:36 AM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

PeterTo send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

well, I know heavymetal is popular in Germany and they have some good bands - but they aren't the only ones. Not a term I'veheard over here.

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 6:23 PM

*rolls eyes*

hessians/heshers are folks who listen to hard rock/heavy metal... Peter Jun 19, 2005 3:35 AM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Peter

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Not this far.

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 6:26 PM

later, it spread all over the place... Jo Cwazy Jun 19, 2005 6:36 AM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Guest guest

bu why? what is the basis?

Jo

-

fraggle

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Guest guest

it somehow goes back to the Germans, but how it originated i'm not sure

it was just the term everyone called heavy metal fans back in the 80's..

i'd never heard it until like 83, and that was in SoCal...

by 86-87 it was common pretty much everywhere overhere...

heshers were generally the ragged long haired heavy metalers, who wore denim...

as opposed to glam metal

er black metal

er death metal

etc and so forth.... Jo Cwazy Jun 19, 2005 12:16 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Jo

-

fraggle

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Guest guest

Well, that explains it! LaLa Land is NOT the real world <<eg>>

Us folks up in "real" CA haven't heard that expression <g>

Lynda

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:26 AM

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Guest guest

Here we are headbangers, moshers, metalheads, thrashers but not hessians or heshers.

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 9:23 PM

as opposed to glam metal

er black metal

er death metal

Jo

-

fraggle

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Guest guest

fair enough...

and you stole moshin from us

hahahahhahahahahaha

:)

just plug in hessian into any search engine, i'm sure you'll come up with a dozen referances....(besides the german mercenaries)

*shrug*

not my scene, so i know very little of the who's and why's of its origination Jo Cwazy Jun 19, 2005 5:18 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Here we are headbangers, moshers, metalheads, thrashers but not hessians or heshers.

Jo

-

fraggle

as opposed to glam metal

er black metal

er death metal

Jo

-

fraggle

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> just plug in hessian into any search engine, i'm sure you'll come up with a dozen referances....(besides the german

> mercenaries)

OK - just tried this with Google, and only found one link connected with heavy metal... www.hessian.org. An intriguing page which presents itself as though it knows what it's talking about, but actually talks a load of pig-swill. For instance, it has what appears to be a picture of Megadeth, and underneath states that "the metal genre...champions the values of older times such as honor, blood lust, aggression". Not quite sure why you would put that information next to a band who have done a number of anti-war songs, an animal rights song, and covered several other issues which would seem to be pretty much the opposite of "blood-lust and aggression".

BB

Peter

Guest guest

funny

i typed in hessian heavy metal and got tons of hits

its mentioned as a name fer metal heads here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music

anyways..it doesn't matter

it was a quite common term at one point...it never made it to mother england apparantly...fair enough

i was just makin a silly joke anyways..and apparantly the dang thing has grown legs and run off on its own now... Peter Jun 19, 2005 5:49 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Hi Fraggle

> just plug in hessian into any search engine, i'm sure you'll come up with a dozen referances....(besides the german

> mercenaries)

OK - just tried this with Google, and only found one link connected with heavy metal... www.hessian.org. An intriguing page which presents itself as though it knows what it's talking about, but actually talks a load of pig-swill. For instance, it has what appears to be a picture of Megadeth, and underneath states that "the metal genre...champions the values of older times such as honor, blood lust, aggression". Not quite sure why you would put that information next to a band who have done a number of anti-war songs, an animal rights song, and covered several other issues which would seem to be pretty much the opposite of "blood-lust and aggression".

BB

Peter

To send an email to -

Guest guest

the word or the action ? :-) and are you sure?

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:41 PM

fair enough...

and you stole moshin from us

hahahahhahahahahaha

just plug in hessian into any search engine, i'm sure you'll come up with a dozen referances....(besides the german mercenaries)

*shrug*

not my scene, so i know very little of the who's and why's of its origination Jo Cwazy Jun 19, 2005 5:18 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Jo

-

fraggle

as opposed to glam metal

er black metal

er death metal

Jo

-

fraggle

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Guest guest

Hi Peter

They obviously haven't listened to the wors!

BBJo

-

Peter

Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:49 PM

Hi Fraggle

> mercenaries)

BB

Guest guest

well tell it to come back Fraggle! I was mainly interested in what the word meant and why it was used for metalheads.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:55 PM

funny

i typed in hessian heavy metal and got tons of hits

its mentioned as a name fer metal heads here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music

anyways..it doesn't matter

it was a quite common term at one point...it never made it to mother england apparantly...fair enough

i was just makin a silly joke anyways..and apparantly the dang thing has grown legs and run off on its own now... Peter Jun 19, 2005 5:49 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Hi Fraggle

> mercenaries)

BB

Peter

To send an email to -

Guest guest

real california??? wait.,..you live inland...yer the buggers who voted fer ahnold...sooo...

and..i've heard the term used all over the place..well..at least did..anyways...

and..it doesn't matter

i rescind the stoopid joke...i relent..give up..surrender...capitulate...

thats it..i'm going back to the BBQ.............. Lynda Jun 19, 2005 4:35 PM Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Well, that explains it! LaLa Land is NOT the real world <<eg>>

Us folks up in "real" CA haven't heard that expression <g>

Lynda

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:26 AM

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> hessian

BB

Guest guest

...and I can't spell them - that was meant to be 'words'!

Jo

-

Jo Cwazy

Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:00 PM

Hi Peter

They obviously haven't listened to the wors!

BBJo

-

Peter

Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:49 PM

Hi Fraggle

> mercenaries)

BB

Guest guest

Well, Peter, consider a source that would write that blood lust and agression are a value.

Lynda

-

Peter

Sunday, June 19, 2005 2:49 PM

Hi Fraggle

> mercenaries)

BB