IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sandhu.jp

Retrograde Planets.

Rate this topic

Ninth House: Retrograde Saturn here shows that the person in the past, did not use properly, or avoided, the responsibility of a philosophy of life which would be constructive. There would also be a very strong karma connected to religious outlooks and the religious practices of the individual. Both the religious problems and the philosophical problem could be inter related. The individual could have been very dogmatic in his religious approach, with little regard for the opinions of other. Religious persecution could easily have been one of the activities of this individual in the past, which could have been characterized by violence and cruelty towards those who did not believe according to his way of thinking. This narrowness in the past also conditioned the educational pursuits of the individual, who limited his studies to just what he was interested in, or to those subjects which were supportive of his own narrow concepts. This is a self-imposed limitation upon the higher mind and the Christ principle.

The lesson of retrograde Saturn in the 9th house : Because of the misuse of knowledge, philosophy, religion, the person would experience conflicts and obstacles in the attainment of education, in locating a philosophy of life with which he would feel comfortable, in being able to resolve a conflict within himself where orthodoxy would be concerned. Therefore, this is the responsibility of the individual with retrograde Saturn in the 9th house. He must seek true knowledge through the higher mind coupling this knowledge with true understanding (Christ principle). He must learn the value of all religions to all people and learn to respect that which other people find comforting and spiritual for them.

Tenth House : If the retrograde Saturn is in Cancer (representing “feeling”), it would show the avoidance of true feeling concepts in the past. It showed that the individual did not interject the warmth of personality into his job. He was cold in his profession, for the occupation merely represented a means of security. It also showed a degree of price that existed in being and feeling superior to m ost people. There was a perfectionist aspect also which was a stumbling block. Since the 10th house represents a power house, the retrograde Saturn implies that power and the responsibilities of power were misused in the past. This also depends on the sign on the cusp and, if Pisces were on the cusp of that 10th house, the individual did not assume the responsibility of power. Rather, he let others manipulate the authority, with little regard as to whether or not it was being used properly.

The development of responsibility, consideration for others, the establishment of working values and habits – all are involved in the lesson of retrograde Saturn in the 10th house. Advancement will be slow, but could be steady, depending upon the sincerity and the effort and the motives behind the desire to be in possession of authority. Motives are most important in the transmutation of retrograde Saturn in the 10th house.

Eleventh House: Here, again, we find that relationship with other, were not developed properly, nor did the individual associated with the right kind of people. By right people we are not implying being discriminative in a negative way. The retrograde condition of Saturn in the 11th house shows that, too often, the individual, in the past, associated with inferior types of people, or negative people. Thus, by surrounding himself with people less talented, less successful, less presentable, the native could then stand head and shoulders above his friends and, very probably, liked the flattery and basked in the attention and dependency of these friends.

Twelfth House: This location of Saturn, in its retrograde condition, centers around karma and the “inner person.” It clearly indicates that the individual, in past lifetimes ignored opportunities to work off karma and to develop himself spiritually. It made for the type of person who kept too much to himself and did not see himself in relationship to the world. Experiences garnered by a person’s projection into the activities of service to humanity, in general, offer a lawful channel through which karma can be mitigated. The retrograde Saturn in the 12thhouse shows that this was not the case : it infers that, in past lifetimes, the person was too conservative and tended to seclude himself from the problems of the world.

The Zodiacal sign in which the retrograde Saturn is posited shows that those particular Zodiacal qualities were ignored or misused. Each individual has the obligation, through the cons of reincarnations, to develop and manifest the highest qualities of each sign, and thus the retrograde Saturn in the 12th house will always indicate that the native of the chart failed to develop the particular qualities of the sign on the cusp of the 12th house.

The native of the chart also repressed soul development and soul qualities.

The lesson of retrograde Saturn in the 12th house demands full participation with mundane affairs in some humanitarian efforts. It requires attention to spiritual development and the manifestation of the “inner” or soul qualities.

Those who neglect the lesson of retrograde Saturn in the 12th house could easily be reliving past experiences and, unless the lesson is learned now, will relive this lifetime again.

Conclusion of Retrograde Saturn

Relax a little: Take this time to review your situation and what you have been able to do with it (Saturn, by transit, is retrograde in motion – it is backing off from the conjunction, square or opposition of one of your birth planets, or it is retrograding into the sign it occupied before it entered this one). Whatever responsibilities you have been forced to assume, whatever realities you have had to face, it is time now to relax a little and look over what you have done. Have you actually faced the situation that needed definition? What have you done about it? Could you handle it better in some way? Now is the time to think about that because the retrograde movement of Saturn is giving you time to review your situation. This is not a complete respite because direct motion will resume sometime in the near future. Meanwhile, this period is best used to see what methods, what techniques, what applications of effort could be better employed to face the situation that is undergoing definition. Do you see now what has been happening ? The intelligence of the “system” (the skies under which you live) has been throwing pressure your way to get you to understand this part of your personality (this planet) this area of your attitudes towards life (this sign), this field of activities (this house of the chart), and this overall area of awareness (this quadrant) and what it needs to be defined, disciplined, or economised, in order that you can better move ahead. While the retrograde period lasts, it is giving you time to review exactly what has happened, how you have responded to it, and how you could better handle everything.

The usual manifestation, when Saturn moves into retrograde motion, in a sign or in relation to a birth planet, is that the individual suddenly feels the pressure going away and he thinks, “Well, it is all over. I am free again” And that is precisely the most ridiculous reaction he could live out. Going forward with that attitude, he is certain to be thwarted and bewildered when Saturn resumes direct motion and the pressure comes back into effect; only then seeming (because he thought for a while it had gone) even more intense. Many individuals, during the retrograde period, feel so relieved of the pressure that they immediately resume the haphazard way in which they were going about thing before the transit began. That is certain to bring grief because the transit is not over. One is merely being given time to REVIEW the situation and see how he could discipline himself, define himself, or economise on his activities more effectively in this realm of himself. Do not dream, when the retrograde motion sets in that it is all over. Saturn is backing off the territory it has already covered but it is going to go right back over that territory as soon as direct motion resumes. In other words, something is going to be gone over twice in order to get it defined. And that is what you should be pondering. What is it that has been so difficult you are going to have two chances to handle it – and need those two chances.

Saturn transits a planet that is retrograde at birth. This can mean one of several things. If it is a plant from Saturn inward to the Sun, then that “parts of the personality” does not work openly in the first place. It works through indirect psychic actions triggered by the unconscious. And the ability to define this part of the personality may not be in the hands of the conscious efforts of the individual at all. But tremendous, and often non-understandable pressures go on inside the individual – in there where others cannot see it or understand it. This individual (the one with the retrograde birth planetary position) can go through enormous turmoils inside that he really cannot explain to people outside. The difference between this transit, and of a planet that is direct at birth, is often simply this; the individual with the direct planet shows his pressures and pains to the world by speaking and agonising over them; the individual with the retrograde birth planet often goes through the same agonies without being able to communicate, in any sensible way, what is happening to him. He simply feels the pressure. He does not understand what it is about. Sometimes he feels so pressured that he makes lots of noises – but few of them coherently related to what is really happening inside him. For it is happening in there more than in outer terms. A retrograde planet represents a psychic process turned inward and not manageable, except with enormous effort, by the conscious ego. A direct planet (except for Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) represents a psychic process, or part of the personality, that is manageable by the ego consciousness (the Saturn framework of individual identity). The transit of a retrograde planet, then, often represents an unconscious process of definition that is managed not by the ego of the individual (by what the world taught him he is) but by the inner voices and inner strengths (what he is becoming despite society’s teaching).

A retrograde URANUS, like a retrograde Mars is impatient and irritable.

There could hardly be a less-auspicious augury of gains in speculation, or anything involving the matter of chance, than a retrograde Jupiter (ruler of good fortune), and a retrograde Saturn (old “Father restriction” himself) both in the 5th house (speculation), with retrograde Neptune (planet of deception) in the second (financial) house.

Retrograde Saturn in Sagittarius was in adverse aspect to a man’s sun-sign, depleting his vitality. Retrograde Jupiter was in adverse aspect from Virgo ruling illness. His ruling planet Mercury, was retrograding dangerously close to the natal Pluto in Taurus. These three retrograde planets appeared to be holding him on earth. He had several sinking attacks from which his physician was sure he would not rally. But he did. On the day of death, Jupiter turned direct and Mercury was within a few hours of being direct. It was as though the forward motion of these two planets set his spirit free.

Dear Sandhuji,

A good article on retrograde planets. Is there a certain tolerance degree assigned to the planets which are retrograde that they will be aspecting the previous house. For eg. Jupiter(Rx) in 9deg Sagitarrius will it aspect the previous house Scorpio?

Regards.

Coolgimmy

Dear ,

As per the view of kN rao and some other eminent astrologers, Retro Jup ,Mars And Sat planets has 8 aspects , one each on the house its in and the previous sign to the house and three each aspects from both the houses.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Dear Sandhuji,

A good article on retrograde planets. Is there a certain tolerance degree assigned to the planets which are retrograde that they will be aspecting the previous house. For eg. Jupiter(Rx) in 9deg Sagitarrius will it aspect the previous house Scorpio?

Regards.

Coolgimmy

Dear Sandhuji,

Great explanation!

As you mentioned if Jupiter, Mars and Saturn are retrograde they aspect 8 houses...strangely enough I have all three planets in retrograde position (Jupiter in 4th, Mars in 5th and Saturn in 6th house) and in sequence.

The Saturn and Sun are interchanging their houses, do you think retrograde Saturn would be good as Malefic planet is in sixth house? Does it mean that Saturn also aspect from 5th house?

Please clarify

Thanks,

Ompuneet

Hello Sirs,

Kindly guide me. In my horoscope Saturn is retrogate at (3 degrees - Aries), hence it is retrogate and debilitated. Saturn is also Vargottamma occupying same sign Aries in Navamsa also. Right now I am going through Saturn Dasha and Venus Bhukti. Kindly guide me as to how strongly saturn is placed.

My lagna is Cancer hence Saturn is Retro in tenth house. My rashi is Kumbha.

Other details:

D.O.B: 06/ Sept./ 1968

Time; 3.40 AM

Place: Chennai

Please comment.

Regards,

Sunder.

Dear sunder ji,

Saturn debilated in aries but retrograde and vargottam gives the planet saturn a tremendous impetous to influence your life journey,its placement in 10 th the karm sthan as lord of 7th and 8th is another factor.

Two questions for you.

How well do you get along with your Father and at work place ?

Is your profession related to medicine & treatment ?

I have not analyised your chart ,but i have gone on the information you have given.

Here i will like to share the observation of Pandit sanjay rath in one of discussions on this forum .

Jaya Jaya Jagannath

Dear Hanna & Narasimha,

There is no controversy here. There is only one dictum about

retrograde planets that of it getting many rays. It is found to give results

of its opposite house. In the horoscope of Bhagawan Sri Ram, we find Saturn

in the 4th (Step-Mother & Domestic Help) house having resulted in His exile

for 14 Years. The Saturn is exalted and retrograde and while indicating

people related to the 4th house, it gave results akin to debility i.e when

He was on the verge of coronation, a devilish conspiracy resulted in His

exile in the Jungle (Debilitation effect) for 14 Years (19-5).

With Regards,

Sanjay Rath

Dear Sanjay,

> > The principle of retrograde planet in debilitation acting as an exalted

> > planet itself is a matter of controversy (even when talking about other

> > planets).

>

> There is no controversy here. There is only one dictum about

> retrograde planets that of it getting many rays. It is found to give results

> of its opposite house. In the horoscope of Bhagawan Sri Ram, we find Saturn

> in the 4th (Step-Mother & Domestic Help) house having resulted in His exile

> for 14 Years. The Saturn is exalted and retrograde and while indicating

> people related to the 4th house, it gave results akin to debility i.e when

> He was on the verge of coronation, a devilish conspiracy resulted in His

> exile in the Jungle (Debilitation effect) for 14 Years (19-5).

I beg to disagree. I have seen people handling retrograde planets in

debilitation and exaltation in several different ways. Some just ignore

retrogression.Some look at whether the planet is moving towards or away from the

point of deep exaltation/debilitation and treat differently based on that. I

don't think our astrologer community is in unison on this issue. There IS

controversy and what you expressed above is just ONE opinion.

You can give examples, but we have counter-examples too. Take Ramakrishna

Paramahansa for example. He has lagna lord Saturn exalted in 9th with

retrogression. During Saturn dasa, he made tremendous spiritual progress. Why?

Saturn did not give him 9th house results akin to debility.

Prof. P.S. Sastri has Pisces lagna and lagna lord Jupiter exalted in 5th with

retrogression. Still you can detect *exalted* Jupiter's strong influence in his

erudition and scholarly prowess.

Your sishya,

Narasimha

Jaya Jaya Jagannath

Dear Narasimha,

The results are the same. Saturn is in the ninth house and like in

the chart of Sri Ram, it will give results pertaining to that house. In this

case, as the Lord of the ascendant, ti will do good for the Lagna and being

in retrogression, it has tremendous Chesta bala..i.e the person is

frustrated many times, but keeps going. Here, there have not been any

Rajyoga which should be expected from Saturn in Exaltation, but, instead,

Pravrajya Yoga i.e Renunciation. In the former case, it was imposed on Sri

Rama, whereas in the present case, this was adopted by Sri RamaKrishna as a

way of life as Saturn is lord of Lagna.

Thus, Saturn has given results akin to debility..PravRajyayoga and

NOT Rajyoga.

Jupiter's retrogression is a different tale. While in the 5th house

in the Chart of Prof P.S.Shastri it has given him the Knowledge and rare

insights into this Jyotish, but its retrogression has resulted in his being

akin to debility i.e. the person will be denied many of the worldly

happiness that should have come from an exalted Jupiter. Unlike saturn,

Pravrajya Yoga may not result in toto.

With Regards,

Sanjay Rath

Hello Sirs,

Kindly guide me. In my horoscope Saturn is retrogate at (3 degrees - Aries), hence it is retrogate and debilitated. Saturn is also Vargottamma occupying same sign Aries in Navamsa also. Right now I am going through Saturn Dasha and Venus Bhukti. Kindly guide me as to how strongly saturn is placed.

My lagna is Cancer hence Saturn is Retro in tenth house. My rashi is Kumbha.

Other details:

D.O.B: 06/ Sept./ 1968

Time; 3.40 AM

Place: Chennai

Please comment.

Regards,

Sunder.

Jaya Jagannath

Dear Narasimha,

You have made a very interesting point, but do consider the

following:-

>

> > SR: What else is the renunciation of Ramakrishna. Are you aware that

> > towards the later days he could not even touch money? Once when he was

> > sleeping, a disciple kept some money under his bed and he started to

> > have convulsions in sleep. That is the level of the Prav rajya Yoga he

> > had achieved in this body. Finally, when he was initiated by Totapuri

> > Maharaj, he started to worship Sri krishna and so intense was his

> > tapasya that his body became like a female..he is said ho have developed

> > breasts and..

> > An exalted saturn will give great rajyoga as in the chart of

> > Emperor

> > Akbar.

>

> I don't agree. Saturn is not only the significator of jeevana, but he also

> signifies discipline, hard-work, tapasya and renunciation. Exalted Saturn

> can give both raja yoga and parivraja yoga. It just depends on his

> position in vimsamsa, dasamsa, his nakshatra and aspects on him. In

> Paramahansa's case, Saturn is in Rahu's nakshatra and Jupiter in Rahu

> nakshatra aspects him closely.

SR: Rahu is the Atmakaraka. Hence it makes Paramhansa spiritual. Well, this

is OK, but still fails to define the trend. Either there is rajyoga or

pravrajyoga and not both. The Bhoga & Moksha Marga are poles apart..one from

the second and the other from the 12th house. When saturn retrogrades in

exaltation, it is a potential stage for renunciation or Vanvas..

> Exalted Saturn can also make one a hard-working and disciplined tapasvi

> and jitendriya with great nigraha.

>

> > > Based on his 45 years of practical experience, this is what my father

> > > says with regard to retrograde planets:

> > >

> > > Retrograde planets tend to give their results very late, after a lot

> > > of waiting.

> > > Retrogression means delay in giving results.

> > SR: So, Your Father and I are in agreement here. Retrogression gives

> > Chesta Bala or the power to keep trying. If you get something quickly or

> > easily, will you try for it. Thus, retrogression gives results very late

> > or after much effort. My saturn is in the 11th and is retrograde..the

> > denial is terrible. This single factor can also destroy the rajyoga's in

> > the Chart as it is also the AK...Renunciation..Let us wait and see in

> > which way Sani dev takes me.

> > Sanjay

>

> My father says that delay due to retrogression is much higher for

> malefics. Sometimes, a retrograde malefic may NOT give its promised result

> in one's whole life.

SR: Why does it delay, why does it not give straight away? Why deny? This is

the sign for pravrajya yoga. My point regarding Chesta bala is also in lines

with those of your father.

> As per my rectification, retrograde Saturn afflicts lagna in your D-45 and

> D-60 and afflicts lagna lord Moon in 12th in D-16. Actually I am surprised

> to see your D-16. I saw it today for the first time. Debilitated Mars,

> debilitated Jupiter and nodes are on lagna axis. Lagna lord Moon is in

> 12th with 8th lord Saturn. While your other charts are very nice, D-16

> doesn't look good. Of course, I don't have to tell you who to propitiate.

> You know better!

SR: Is it self denial or is it taken away from me?

Blessings of Sri Jagannath,

Sanjay Rath

Thanks Sandhuji,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Now to your questions...

Two questions for you.

To tell the truth my relation with my father is not all that good. I do not have much respect because I also hold a resentment towards him but I have lots of sympathy for him. Right now I am unemployed and am looking out for a job. But I am quite qualified and experienced.

I am a sales manager.

Kindly study my chart and guide me. I need some good advices in life now.

You can get all the relevant details HERE

Will retrogate saturn in the tenth at three degrees give ninth house effect?

You can also reply back to my email id: sunder.rangarajan@gmail.com

Also do all the Naadi predictions come true? My experiences with Naadi has been bad so far.

Regards,

Sunder.

Dear sunder,

I am back after a week or so, my pc crashed as such had to buy a new one.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Thanks Sandhuji,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Now to your questions...

Two questions for you.

To tell the truth my relation with my father is not all that good. I do not have much respect because I also hold a resentment towards him but I have lots of sympathy for him. Right now I am unemployed and am looking out for a job. But I am quite qualified and experienced.

I am a sales manager.

Kindly study my chart and guide me. I need some good advices in life now.

You can get all the relevant details HERE

Will retrogate saturn in the tenth at three degrees give ninth house effect?

You can also reply back to my email id: sunder.rangarajan@gmail.com

Also do all the Naadi predictions come true? My experiences with Naadi has been bad so far.

Regards,

Sunder.

Dear Readers,

In the begining of the thread you found the question & answer as following.

Q. Can one spot a retrograde planet in a horoscope without it being specifically mentioned?

A. Since Mercury and Venus are always quite close to the Sun (as viewed from the earth) it is difficult to know from the chart alone when they are retrograde. But the outré planets are definitely retrograde when they are in the 6th, 7th or 8th house from the Sun. Sometimes they are retrograde even when they are in the 5th or 9th house from the Sun, but not always.

In my opnion ,culled out from books is :

It is not the sign /house position of the planet with respect of the sign / house of the Sun to make outer planets retrograde, but they are retrograde & direct when their distance attains specific degrees from that of the Sun.

For example Mars becomes retrograde when its distance from that of the Sun is 228 degrees & direct when it is 132 degrees.

Similarly for Satrun when the said degrees are 251 & 109. And for Jupiter the said degrees are 245 & 115.

Retrogration arc of Mars, Jupiter & Saturn are : 16, 10 & 7 respectively. Their days of retrogrations are also constant.

... V K Shridhar

log on to

http://www.besttime-election.com

Respected sandhuji

thanks a lot for your research on retrograde planet

i want to know if jupiter is retrograde in his own house what result it will give,

what result it will give in case of wealth, Fortune etc.

my natal is as follows

Lagna - Aries

2nd - ven & Sat

3rd- Sun

4th - mer, mar, Ket

5th- Moon

9th - Jupiter®

10th- Rahu

i want to know the result of jupiter in the above posation and also advise me which line of profession suits me

and wheather i will acquire wealth or not.

kindly, advise

Regards

m.k prusty

Dear mr kumar.

Jupiter Retrograde- Such persons often get success in other people's failures. They have the unique ability to succeed in projects that were abandoned by others. Such people revive sick companies and uncover hidden assets. In order to achieve their mental goal they prefer to bargain.

Jupiter Retrograde

* has doubts about what they deserve and so ...

* finds it easy to settle for crumbs

* feels superior in some way inside

* abundance is felt on the inside

* looks inside for answers to religious questions

Jupiter represents the principles of expansion, gambling, speculation, luck, opportunities, optimism, abundance, travel, higher education, teaching, religion and philosophy. Approximately four months a year, this planet slips into retrograde. When it does, you are likely to see its influence roll through your life and society around you. Plans have a tendency to implode. Jupiter retrograde influences us internally to look within to seek new meanings. You may find you can best use these opportunities to revaluate your life and reach new levels of awareness and understanding.

If Jupiter is retrograde in your natal chart, you have a very rich internal life. You actually make your own luck. Abundance is felt within as you search the world looking to discover truth and develop a broader philosophy of life and living. At the same time, you may feel hesitant about involving yourself to deeply in others affairs or sharing your views out of a concern for being thought so different that you may be cast out by public opinion. Speculations may not bring you all the external rewards you seek, but each time you take a chance, your adventures allow you to gain from a wide variety of experiences. You must remain open and honest with yourself in order to expand your spirituality and allow your inner voice to guide you.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Respected sandhuji

i want to know if jupiter is retrograde in his own house what result it will give,

my natal is as follows

Lagna - Aries

2nd - ven & Sat

3rd- Sun

4th - mer, mar, Ket

5th- Moon

9th - Jupiter®

10th- Rahu

i want to know the result of jupiter in the above posation and also advise me which line of profession suits me

kindly, advise

Regards

m.k prusty

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 80%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 6.0pt 6.0pt 6.0pt 6.0pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; BACKGROUND: #ccccff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 6pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #660088 1pt solid; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #660088 .75pt" colSpan=2>

Retrograde Planetary Cycles

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 6pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

• Mercury
    Retrograde 24 days
    Stationary approx. 3 days
  • Venus
    Retrograde 42 days
    Stationary approx. 11 days
  • Mars
    Retrograde 80 days
    Stationary approx. 20 days
  • Jupiter
    Retrograde 120 days
    Stationary approx. 10 days

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 6pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

• Saturn
    Retrograde 140 days
  • Uranus
    Retrograde 150 days
    Stationary approx. 16 days
  • Neptune
    Retrograde 160 days
  • Pluto
    Retrograde 160 days

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dear Vk ji,

Two examples of planet retro if 6th from sun

29/10/1966 time 12.01 pm patiala punjab Sat is retro in 4 th houe exact 6 houses from sun

5/11/1975 time 3.30 pm kurali punjab jup is retro in asc exact six away from sun.

I would request you to test this method on your data base before denouncing its application.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Dear Readers,

Q. Can one spot a retrograde planet in a horoscope without it being specifically mentioned?

A. Since Mercury and Venus are always quite close to the Sun (as viewed from the earth) it is difficult to know from the chart alone when they are retrograde. But the outré planets are definitely retrograde when they are in the 6th, 7th or 8th house from the Sun. Sometimes they are retrograde even when they are in the 5th or 9th house from the Sun, but not always.

It is not the sign /house position of the planet with respect of the sign / house of the Sun to make outer planets retrograde, but they are retrograde & direct when their distance attains specific degrees from that of the Sun.

For example Mars becomes retrograde when its distance from that of the Sun is 228 degrees & direct when it is 132 degrees.

Similarly for Satrun when the said degrees are 251 & 109. And for Jupiter the said degrees are 245 & 115.

Retrogration arc of Mars, Jupiter & Saturn are : 16, 10 & 7 respectively. Their days of retrogrations are also constant.

... V K Shridhar

log on to

Dear Vk ji ,

Another example of retro planet exact 7 from sun.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Originally Posted by Mrunmaya kumar Prusty

Respected sandhuji

my natal is as follows

Lagna - Aries

2nd - ven & Sat

3rd- Sun

4th - mer, mar, Ket

5th- Moon

9th - Jupiter®

10th- Rahu

kindly, advise

Regards

m.k prusty

ASTROLOGY

Retrograde Planets

As all the planets are moving at different speeds, there will be times when a particular planet will appear from Earth that it is not moving at all, and at times that a planet is actually moving backwards when viewed against the backdrop of a fixed star. In such periods, the planet is said to be in retrograde motion.

In the ephemeris, planets which are in retrograde are denoted by a R after the degree and minute designation.A retrograde planet may denote delayed development of factors relating to that planet rather than any negative influence as was suggested in ancient Astrology. A capital S alongside the planetary degree in the ephemeris stands for the word stationary and will occur when the planet is slowing down and has virtually stopped moving. The capital letter D is soemtimes used indicating that the palnet is in direct motion and is written when a planet changes from a backward direction or retrograde to a forward direction or direct.Perhaps the greatest impact of retrograde planets can be felt when the outer planets turn retrograde while forming a transit aspect to one of the natal planets.

Retrograde planets are thought to be weak in their effect, which is true for the personal planets of Mercury, Venus and Mars but it is not so with the outer planets which stay Retrograde for up to six months.

Mars Retrograde- Mars retrograde in a persons birth chart causes the person to be very frigid or to go to the extremes. Some have sex aversions. Mars retrograde six to eight days, of course, that is sixty to eighty years in a horoscope progression. During its slow moving period, two weeks before and after retrogression it indicates its effects mainly in females.

Venus Retrograde- The effect of Venus retrograde is disastrous to a happy married life. As Venus slowly turns retrograde, the person gradually gets disinterested in sexual activities. Venus seems to work alike in all signs when retrograde. It affects men particularly.

Mercury Retrograde- When Mercury goes retrograde, many of our everyday affairs ruled by Mercury are disrupted. When Mercury is retrograde, mental mistakes abound. Travel plans are often messed up. Misunderstandings with those in the family or at work occur. Those who have belief in Astrology will refrain from making any sort of contract when Mercury is retrograde.

Jupiter Retrograde- Such persons often get success in other people's failures. They have the unique ability to succeed in projects that were abandoned by others. Such people revive sick companies and uncover hidden assets. In order to achieve their mental goal they prefer to bargain.

Saturn Retrograde- Persons with Saturn Retrograde in their birth charts do not like to be known in public, they find security in intellectuals or spirituals. They easily yield to external influences. They appear shy, uneasy, introvert, lacking in self assertion or attempt to cover their lapse with the pretext of arrogance. They feel alone, isolated, separated from their friends and are seldom understood and very reserved.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Retrograde Planets, Mercury Retrograde

An apparent backward motion of the planets is called a "retrograde" motion. It occurs in several stages. At first the planet seems to stand still, then it backs up through the signs, stands still again, and then resumes its forward motion. The amount of time that a planet spends in retrograde motion depends on the planet's orbit, varying from about twenty-two days for nearby Mercury to about 160 days for distant Pluto.

A popular misconception is that a retrograde planet signifies something unpleasant. A retrograde planet prolongs the influence of that planet in its sign and house of a horoscope. If that influence happens to be an unpleasant one, the prolonged unpleasantness will be blamed on that retrograde condition.

When Mercury is retrograde, it is considered to be a time of problems with interaction, travel and even the simple basic workings of things. It is also thought that the general averse aspects of a retrograde planetary motion carry over into the lives of the people born under them as a part of their lifetime astrological chart.

The Sun and Moon are never in retrograde motion.

Mercury Retrograde 2009

Mercury turns retrograde January 11 at 8º Aquarius

Mercury goes direct February 1 EST at 22º Aquarius

Mercury turns retrograde May 7 EDT at 2º Gemini

Mercury goes direct May 30 at 23º Taurus

Mercury turns retrograde September 7 EDT at 6º Libra

Mercury goes direct September 29 at 22º Virgo

Mercury turns retrograde December 26 at 22º Capricorn

Mercury goes direct January 15, 2010 at 5º Capricorn

Three or four times a year, never on the same dates, Mercury loops Earthward (to our eye) in a retrograde cycle back over zodiacal territory. During this passage 3 and a half week transit, our attention moves towards unfinished business. Since all backward movement symbolizes a return to source, we can use these times to attend to our inner perceptions, and reconnect with the spiritual source of our thoughts. This introversion can bring about a critical purification process that can help us gain new insights based on prior knowledge.

It's important to figure out how this transit affects the patterns in your life as they will repeat. I know some readers are not into retrograde, but it has its pitfalls whether you believe it nor not. With shifting reality, much doesn't work in general, but this transit can make things a bit more confusing, indecisive and difficult. To me Mercury Retrograde means Repetitions and Delays. Pay attention to details now, especially linked to transportation and communication. We also find mixed or missed messages. Plans change. Things are lost or forgotten. Decisions will be made and revisited. Don't forget that Mercury is the trickster who brings messages and learning lessons in round-about ways that we attract by synchronicity

Mercury Retrograde Affects ...

Medical or Dental: Diagnosis made could be wrong, appointments cancelled.

Business: Problems with contracts, meetings, merges, paper work, etc.

Telecommunication: Phones, satellites, computer systems and related

Travel: Lost luggage, flight delays, vehicle problems, getting lost even with a GPS system

Decisions: Change or you feel indecisive

Relationships, friendships and partnerships: Changes made and reviewed

Written work will be redone due to errors or change of content.

Creative ideas won't flow! <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1028 style="WIDTH: 67.5pt; HEIGHT: 148.5pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata o:href=" manboxerchubby.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_image003.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

If you start a diet, you'll quit when retrograde is over.

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1029 style="WIDTH: 84pt; HEIGHT: 108pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata o:href=" movmanheadoff.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_image004.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

It will be hard to 'keep it together'.

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1030 style="WIDTH: 75pt; HEIGHT: 111pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata o:href=" ladyshopping.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_image005.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

You'll return whatever you bought.

It may be broken or you'll decide you don't like it!

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1031 style="WIDTH: 75pt; HEIGHT: 129.75pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata o:href=" mancounting.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_image006.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

Many things simply won't add up!

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1032 style="WIDTH: 112.5pt; HEIGHT: 88.5pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata o:href=" movmagicianexplodes.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_image007.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

If you play a trick on someone

it will backfire on you.

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 249.75pt; HEIGHT: 174pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata o:href=" movmanfishing.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_image008.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

Life may be a struggle, but don't give up!

A planet that is retrograde means that the planet was making an apparent backward motion at the time of birth. If a planet was retrograde at the time of birth, then that planet is notated in the natal horoscope with an Rx by the astrologer. Planets never move backwards, hence the term apparent. The Sun and Moon never retrograde. Many people watch the motion of current retrograde planets, especially Mercury.

From an earth view, a planet only appears to move backwards for a given length of time. Refer to the section on Planet Motion for approximate retrograde periods. In the Ephemeris, the day that a planet begins this apparent motion is designated by an R or an Rx In order to determine the length of time, run your finger down the planet information column until you find a D. On this day the planet resumes it's "direct" motion again. Some astrologers put more emphasis on retrograde planets in the birth chart than others. I have found that they add an important depth to the overall interpretation.

The energy of a retrograde planet is expressed more on an inner level Sometimes the individual has difficulty expressing the energy outwardly. Some part of that planets energy is held back. Retrograde planets often cause one to stop and reconsider the consequences, so that spontaneous expression is blocked in some way. At other times, the outward behavior becomes exaggerated in an attempt to reconcile the inner doubts. Here are some examples of how retrograde planets may manifest in a persons chart.

Viewed in karmic terms, retrograde planets in your natal chart can indicate internal struggle regarding an unachieved goal or an unfinished life lesson or lessons. Generally, natal planets in retrograde tend to internalize their influences, allowing you to work on your character. Your Sun and your Moon are never retrograde. The closest the Moon comes is when it is Void of Course. This is a time when it is best to refrain from beginning anything that you wish to see come to completion.

When your North and South Nodes are retrograde, you have a strong indication that these lessons have carried forward over several previous lifetimes.

Below are some interpretations for retrograde planets found in the natal chart. With discernment, you may use these ideas as a basis for figuring out how the current retrogrades may "act" on the general public.

Mercury Retrograde

* reconsiders before speaking

* lots of inner conversation and thoughts

* expresses self better in writing

* feels misunderstood

Mercury involves mental processes and communication of all kinds. Exploring ideas, seeking knowledge, writing, public speaking, making contacts, even short trips and commerce fall into Mercury‘s domain. Mercury is retrograde at least three times each year, and is our most frequently retrograde planet. During this usually three week timeframe, misunderstandings increase, mail and email gets lost, messages are delayed or appear elsewhere, misdirection and frustration with miscommunications of all kinds tend to intensify. Odd ideas tend to occur as normal abilities and patterns of writing, learning, and speech become disrupted.

For a few, this retrograde actually has the opposite effect. New ideas, new speaking or writing abilities are often revealed in folks whose natal Mercury is retrograde. Are you normally hesitant or afraid to speak out? Do you find yourself very concerned with how others will take your words or what will happen if you speak your mind? You few, may tend to get a kind of vacation from or improvements in both your usual internal and external dialogue.

In Karmic terms, Mercury retrograde in your natal chart suggests that you may be dealing with old lessons about the negative consequences of uninhibited speech. Motives mean a lot to you. You could find yourself attracting more than your share of criticism or opposition to your ideas, but if you let that stop you from speaking your mind, you are essentially inhibiting yourself from communicating. You can learn to overcome your fears. Most other people are actually more concerned with how the world sees them than they are about what they think about you. Apply your curiosity, flexibility, and take an active interest in the welfare or interests of people around you. Half of your ability comes from listening! If speaking to groups of people makes you nervous, let your thoughts escape into the outside world by writing. Make small talk wherever possible about any topics of interest, while you boost your self confidence and begin to overcome your hesitance of expounding your personal views in public.

Venus Retrograde

* reconsiders before expressing love or affection

* relates awkwardly to others

* doubts the love others offer

* can become obsessed in relationships

* feels let down by the commitment level of others

Venus involves pleasure, love, romance, relaxation, aesthetics, peaceful feelings, harmony, money, and values. Venus tends to work by attraction. Approximately every eighteen months or so, Venus slips into retrograde for about six weeks. While Venus is retrograde, you are more likely to find your ability to attract what you want restricted or inhibited. You could find yourself much more concerned with achieving or maintaining external beauty, your flow of ready cash, questioning your ideas of pleasure, aesthetics, or even revaluating your feelings about romantic relationships.

Do you find yourself inhibited about seeking what you really want from your romantic partner? Does your ability to attract the money and attention you feel that you need seem to cause you problems? Is your natal Venus retrograde?

A natal Venus retrograde can cause you difficulty achieving fulfillment or finding your right romantic partner. You may be more in love with your ideas about love than you are with any real person you know. In karmic terms, you need to complete a life lesson about giving and receiving love and affection. You are here to determine what is truly of value to you and learn about creating a balance of give and take in your romantic life. Your romantic dialogue has a tendency to be far too internal at times, causing you to inhibit the flow of good things into your life. You will have to be willing to experience loving and being loved in order to attract what you desire into your life and create the feelings of security you need.

Dear Sandhu ji,

Perhaps I could not express properly to make my point. You had pointed out that it is the house with respect to the Sun that we can find out whether a planet is in direct or retrograde motion. But I wanted to inform that it is not that mutual house / sign positions of the Sun & the outer planets, but the difference in their longitudes.

To make the point exhaustively clear, I herein explain it with example:

Saturn became retrograde on 20<SUP>th</SUP> December, 2007 when the Sun was 3° in Sagittarius and Saturn at 14°in Leo sign. Difference in their longitudes was 109°.

Of 4<SUP>th</SUP> May, 2008 Saturn became direct. At that time longitude of Saturn was 7° in Leo, and the Sun was at 19° in Aries. Difference between their longitudes was 252°

Please note that distance in longitude degrees here is counted from the outer planet to the Sun.

The arc of retrograde ( the distance traveled by Saturn during its retrogration period ) was 7°.

Thus the examples you have cited need not be further explained. Yes, outer planet 7<SUP>th</SUP> from that of the Sun shall always be in retrograde motion.

Regards,

… V K Shridhar

-

Log on to

Hindu Electional Astrology” – the largest & the best seller compendium on Vedic / Indian electional (MUHURT) astrology.

===============================

Copy of note dated 12-05.2008

Dear Vk ji,

Two examples of planet retro if 6th from sun

29/10/1966 time 12.01 pm patiala punjab Sat is retro in 4 th houe exact 6 houses from sun

5/11/1975 time 3.30 pm kurali punjab jup is retro in asc exact six away from sun.

I would request you to test this method on your data base before denouncing its application.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by V K Shridhar

Dear Readers,

... V K Shridhar

log on to

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

Dear Sandhu ji,

You have given (on 12-05-2008) the following data intimating the days for which the planets remain stationary.

Please enlighten us the source (Indian treatise) from where you have culled this data.

None of these planets remain in exact stationary position for the days mentioned against them.

What speed (motion / day) is considered for a planet to be stationary.

Whether it is applied unifirmly to all the planets.

Regards,

… V K Shridhar

-

Log on to

Hindu Electional Astrology” – the largest & the best seller compendium on Vedic / Indian electional (MUHURT) astrology.

====================================

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 80%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 6.0pt 6.0pt 6.0pt 6.0pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND: #ccccff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 6pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #660088 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ece9d8; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #660088 .75pt" colSpan=2>

Retrograde Planetary Cycles

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ece9d8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 6pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ece9d8">

• Mercury
    Retrograde 24 days
    Stationary approx. 3 days
  • Venus
    Retrograde 42 days
    Stationary approx. 11 days
  • Mars
    Retrograde 80 days
    Stationary approx. 20 days
  • Jupiter
    Retrograde 120 days

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #ece9d8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 6pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ece9d8">

• Saturn
    Retrograde 140 days
  • Uranus
    Retrograde 150 days
  • Neptune
    Retrograde 160 days
  • Pluto
    Retrograde 160 days