IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
chinu

Ishta Devta

Rate this topic

Hi Everybody,

i am in need of lil help..i am trying to find my ISHTA DEVTA...i know that Ishta Devta is the planet that rules the sign directly before the sign that the Atmakaraka is in, in the Navamsa Chart. My Atmakarka Moon is in Virgo Navamsa and the sign before it is Leo and since there is no planet in Leo, its lord SUN becomes the Ishta Devta.i am right in my analysis??

If my analysis is correct,which diety rules over Sun and what are the mantras and remedies to stregthen my Ishta Devta.

Thanks in advance for ur help.

My details are:

DOB:06-06-1978

POB:Amritsar, Punjab

TOB:11.40AM

chinu:)

Dear Chinu

According to Jaimini sutra, If the twelth from Karakamsa contains sun along with ketu then the Ishta dewvata is Siva. Jaimini is silent about Sun alone occupying that position or if it is empty.

In your case Since your twelth house from admakaraga is empty, it is better not to consider sun as the signifier of Ishta Devada ( that would be a simplistic interpretation) What you can do is to see where Sun is located in the Vimsamas (D-20) chart. Each of the 20 Vimsamsas is assigned a goddess in Parasara hora sastra.That would be your ista devada, as Vimsamsa is used in vedic astrology to find religiosity and worship.

Alternatively, you can check the 5th house and twelth house in your rasi chart. If there are any planet in these houses that planet indicates your devada as 5th and 12th houses represent mantra and tandra. ( By Tantra is ment worship in order to awaken Kundalini) If there are no planets in these houses too refer to their lords in Vimsamsa .

Of course consider the aspects on these houses too as per Deepa Ji advise.

More import ; Do not get confused if you get more number of deities from different analysis and different interpretations for the same planet in question. Astrological authoroties differ as to the form of Devata. If you are getting confused as to which deity you should worship, ignore all the confusing advise and worship a form that you intuitively attracted to and are in love. Afterall worship is all about love - Bhakti - there is no point in mechanically chanting a mantra or performing a ritual if you dont feel for the god or goddess. Choose one you like the best . God will grace you even if your choice is not according to astrological predispositions as god is above the planets.

If you want to be technically correct , than take up a mahavidya for your upasana. All the the Mahavidyas, are supposed to be free of astrological consideration, i.e., you need not consider planetory auspeciousness to take up mahavidya upasana. ( This is scriptually sanctioned). All that you need is a genune guru in that tradition .You can find a guru and get duely initiated in to any one of them without austrological calculations.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Thanks Ravindranji for sharing ur views on my topic.i particularily liked ur advice abt not getting confused and following the diety one naturally is attracted to spiritually...after all remembering GOD and being in HIS BHAKTI is more imp than the form that HE STAYS....I am sure a pure hearted BHAKTI reaches HIM and HE bestows on us HIS blessings:)

Thanks once again

Chinu

Respected USRji

yes i understd that u dint check my horoscope....BUT i am sure it would be gr88 if u could:)........ppl here in the forum have u in high esteem for ur advice...

Thanks anywayz

Chinu

Dear Gaurav,

Your Ishta Devta is " Sri Mahalakshmi standing in lotus flower with elephants on both the sides praying her". Have the deity either in a frame or brass and do puja/prayers to her for success in your tasks,love and good relations with your family members. It helps you free from unwanted thoughts and keeps the mind serene.

Don't ask the technique.You should leave certain things to astrologers also.

wish you goodluck,

USR

Dear Friends,

I am also having some trouble with regard to the identification of ishta devata and atmakarka in a birth chart, can someone please give a simple example and help all other members know the exact meaning and methods. This will really benefit us all, thanks

Ravi...

ravi ji,

just trying to share what i know...

Examlpe chart- mine..

Date - 5th july 77

time - 3.50 am

place - hyderabad

Atmakaraka- It is the planet that has travelled the most number of degrees in the rasi chart . Rahu and Ketu are seen in reverse from 30 degrees i.e for them 1 degrees is the highest.

So in my chart MARS is the Atmakaraka as it has travelled 27 degrees 30 mins and 01.19 secs in aries..

Ishta Devata- Atmakaraka's placement(Kaarakamsa) in Navamsa chart is the indicator of Ishta Devata.

There is two opinion's in this. I am not sure which one is right.

1) First find the lord of 12th house from Atmakaraka in Navamsa. So in my navamsa , Atmakaraka(Mars) is in Saggitarius. So lord of the 12th house from it, Scorpio, is Mars itself. So my IShta Devata is the presiding deity of Mars i.e. Hanuman/Lord Subramanya.

2) In second approach. Find 12th house from AK in navamsa. Find planet in it. The presiding deity of that planet is Ishta Devata. If there more than 1 planets, then find the strongest planet among them. The deity of the strongest planet is IShta devata. If there are no planets in 12th from AK, look at the second house from AK and apply the above rule.

If there are no planets in the second from AK, the lord of 12th house from AK will be the indicating planet and the presiding devata will be your Ishta Devata.

So in my example, there are no planets in 12th from AK, so taking 2nd house from AK there are Saturn and Moon. Saturn is the stronger as it is in Own house. So, Saturn's presiding deity is Ishta Devata( Hanuman/Vishnu/Shiva)

I ve seen that there are some differences of opinion in the presiding deities. There is no one conclusion.

I will give Presiding deities names against planets below and highlight the ones which are more than one.

Surya - Shiva/Vishnu/Rama

Chandra- Shiva

Mangala - Hanuman/ Subramanya

Budha - Vishnu

Guru - Dattatreya/ Dakshinamurthy/ Sai Baba /Vishnu

Sukra - Mahalakshmi/Gowri

Sani - Hanuman/Shiva/Vishnu/Krishna

Rahu - Durga

Ketu - Ganesh

Regards,

yes ravi ji ok.

but i feel that this concept of ishta devata is not very clear. the calulatio part is fine. but ishta devata is supposed to be the one whom we naturally are inclined to more. i think everybody has one.

but this astrologer calculation and how it is going to help a person by worshipping?, etc i think seniors here should make this more clear and then they can recommend so that people will be clear..

Dear Gaurav,

Your Ishta Devta is " Sri Mahalakshmi standing in lotus flower with elephants on both the sides praying her". Have the deity either in a frame or brass and do puja/prayers to her for success in your tasks,love and good relations with your family members. It helps you free from unwanted thoughts and keeps the mind serene.

Don't ask the technique.You should leave certain things to astrologers also.

wish you goodluck,

USR

thank you sir :) but i wanted to know so that i can find for my family. no problem sir i know

somethings are to be kept with the astrologers.:)

so please let me know the isht devta for my father ,mother and brother also,

MOTHER

DOB- 22-JANUARY-1961

POB-MORAR, GWALIOR(MP)

TIME- 1900 HRS

FATHER

DOB- 02-OCT-1953

POB- ROORKEE (uttarakhand)

TIME- 0040 hrs

BROTHER

DOB- 30 APRIL 1990

POB- BHOPAL(MP)

TIME- 1317 HRS

I AM SORRY FOR ASKING THIS MUCH.

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

thank you sir :) but i wanted to know so that i can find for my family. no problem sir i know

somethings are to be kept with the astrologers.:)

so please let me know the isht devta for my father ,mother and brother also,

MOTHER

DOB- 22-JANUARY-1961

POB-MORAR, GWALIOR(MP)

TIME- 1900 HRS

Your mother's ishta devata is Lord Hanuman

FATHER

DOB- 02-OCT-1953

POB- ROORKEE (uttarakhand)

TIME- 0040 hrs

Your Father's ishta devata is Lord Hanuman/Lord Shiva

BROTHER

DOB- 30 APRIL 1990

POB- BHOPAL(MP)

TIME- 1317 HRS

Your Brother's ishta devata is Goddess Lakshmi

I AM SORRY FOR ASKING THIS MUCH.

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

:) can someone plizz tell me who my ishta devata is?

DOB - 17/08/83

Time - 15.00

POB - Suva, Fiji

Latitude - 018:08:S

Longitude - 178:26:E

I will be very greatful .. thnks :)

:) can someone plizz tell me who my ishta devata is?

DOB - 17/08/83

Time - 15.00

POB - Suva, Fiji

Latitude - 018:08:S

Longitude - 178:26:E

I will be very greatful .. thnks :)

Dear nns,

your isht is Lord Hanuman ji

regards,

Can anyone tell me my dharam and ishta devta and also the difference between the two?

DOB - 09-NOV-1990

Time - 09:06 AM

Place - Ludhiana, India

Please guide me with the mantra or with the way of pooja. I'll be really thankful to you for the same.

dear nns,

there r several ways of worshiping Lord Hanuman ji........one of the beej mantra is: "Om Han Hanumantaya Namah"

other ways include :- sunder kand, hanuman chalisa, hanuman-ashtak, bajarang band etc... worshiping Lord Sri Ram also pleases Hanuman ji..

regards

dear nns,

there r several ways of worshiping Lord Hanuman ji........one of the beej mantra is: "Om Han Hanumantaya Namah"

other ways include :- sunder kand, hanuman chalisa, hanuman-ashtak, bajarang band etc... worshiping Lord Sri Ram also pleases Hanuman ji..

regards

Thank you .. thats very helpful :)

Please help me find my ishta deva. Thank you.

Place of Birth: Bangkok, Thailand (13/45N 100/32E)

Time of Birth: 14.11

Date of Birth: 15 July 1984

Best Regards,

Please help me find my ishta deva. Thank you.

Place of Birth: Bangkok, Thailand (13/45N 100/32E)

Time of Birth: 14.11

Date of Birth: 15 July 1984

Best Regards,

dear vkomal,

ur ishta is Lord Vishnu. u should worship any 1 of his avatars.

regards,

Can anyone tell me my dharam and ishta devta and also the difference between the two?

DOB - 09-NOV-1990

Time - 09:06 AM

Place - Ludhiana, India

Please guide me with the mantra or with the way of pooja. I'll be really thankful to you for the same.

dear hellboy3521,

ur ishta is Lord Hanuman ji. mantra and pooja etc is already been posted in this thread.

regards,