IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

why didnt Krishna marry Radha

Rate this topic

However, madanamohandas said no one mentioned that she was already married. If you scroll up, you will see that I made that point exactly.

However, the marriage took place, and I will describe, not esoterically or shadowy like Srila Narayana Maharaja has done (which is very nice and pleasing for the devotees to hear.)

But not today, latah. It is a tragedy, but transcendental, so not made for mundane tears.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

l the forms of God and Goddesses known as almighty powers are naturally self-submitted to Radha Krishn. Almighty forms of God have Their Blissful form of Divine regality which a Saint experiences in Vaikunth. It is somewhat like a king to his subject’s relationship and preferences. The loving form of Radha Krishn is the ocean of unlimited Divine Bliss. It reveals such a ‘love’ that is beyond imagination. It is so marvelous that even Goddess Maha Lakchmi cannot describe it. That makes it exceptionally special and great. Just think, if the sandalwood tree bears a flower, how deep and exciting would be its fragrance? This is the excellence of Radha Krishn love as compared to the Blissfulness of Vaikunth.

The Upnishads say that ahladini power is the supreme power of God Krishn that holds all the powers within itself. He is called poorntam purushottam brahm, the supreme personality of God. Thus, all the forms of God reside within Krishn, whereas all the forms are absolute and are Divinely one. Also, all the forms are the various forms of Krishn Himself representing Their respective Divine powers with varying Blissful elegance. Thus, there is an absolute oneness with definite Blissful differences in all the forms of God. This simultaneous non-differential difference is the natural feature of God Krishn which is established by the yogmaya, Radha, Who is the essence and life force of ahladini power.

The concentrated essence of ahladini power is called the ‘Divine love power’, like the concentrated perfume of rose flowers in an essence form. This is the power that manifests the loving leelas of Krishn. The absolute essence of the Divine love, and absolute culminated state of all the exciting, loving and thrilling aspects of the Divine love power is Mahabhao. That Mahabhao is Shree Raseshwari Radha Rani, the supreme Queen of Divine Vrindaban. Her eight personal aides, Lalita etc., are the expansion of Her own personality.

So, Radha Krishn are the absolute supreme brahm in two forms. Shree Raseshwari Radha Rani is the supreme para shakti. The Puranas describe the superiority of Radha upon leela purushottam Krishn by saying that Radha is the ‘soul’ and ‘life breath’ of Krishn and thus She is the origin of Krishn’s all-greatness. However, Radha and Krishn are one; whatever is Radha, the same is Krishn.

The Divine beauty of Radha and Krishn is beyond imagination. Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj has revealed thousands of chantings and pads that describe the Gracious beauty of Their Divine form. The following are English translations of two of Shree Maharajji’s Divine chantings explaining the exceeding beauty of Radha, and Krishn’s supreme form and exquisite decorations.

please help me!

i am thinking and thinking and i cant imagine why krishna would not marry sri radha!!!!

why would he NOT marry her?!?! and go marry some rukmini? and some satyabhama?

my grandfather said its b/c radha was older than krishna. how much older if this is true? like many many years?

everywhere i see krishna and radha deities, but they didnt marry???

or did they? and i'm just stupid and i dont know what i am blabbering about...

krishna didnt marry radha...... but Ram did marry Sita.........

why dont you worship Sitaram......if u like maryada ...then for people like you god did incarcate and did his leelas as maryada purushottam .......but that doesnt mean that he will limit himself to just that........

And this is mine, as I heard way back when.

Radha already had a husband, that her relationship with krsna was secret and daring, which increased the love even more. Anyone else hear it that way, or am I off the wall? Krsna is referred to as Paramour, which means a lover outside the constraints of marriage. Remember, this is Krsna and Radha, so please dont think this is up to us to judge from a morality viewpoint.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Radhe Radhe :D

I've also heard this explanation... I don't believe it though b/c I don't think Krishna would put Radha's "husband" through so much pain (my mother was cheated on... it was terrible for her) and, besides that, I don't think that Radha would ever have any other man besides Krishna. I think that She would rather have been dead than have to be with a man who wasn't Her Lord.

I personally think that their love was beyond a ritual marriage, b/c they had been married from all eternity. I've always felt that they were married to each other by each other in the forests of Vrindavan.

The only believable reason seems to me to be the story told in old Thelugu literature that Radha was an aunt of Krishna, and sister of Nanda.

Since it was not a legal relation to marry, elders in their family did not agree to their marriage.

Krishna went ahead and married all his other wives later; but Radha remained devoted to Krishna all her life.

That is the reason for the admiration and respect for Radha's love for Krishna.

They say her love is beyond any physical necessities; she just loved her for the sake of love.

I don't find this tory in any of the northern literature though.

Guys, please respond to this post if you have any other convincing evidence why Krishna did not marry Radha.

Thanks and Regards,

Samba

Krishna's time line.

Birth

• Appearance at midnite of Sravana k8 (July 19/20), year 3228 BC to Devaki

• taken by Vasudeva from Mathura to Nanda and Yasoda in Gokula

Till 3

• lived in Gokula

• killed Putana, Sakatasura, Trinivarta demons

3 - 6

• moved to Vrindavana

• killed Bakasura, Aghasura, Dhenuka and Balarama killed Pralamba

• moved to Nandagrama

7-10

• Brahma steals and returns cowherd boys

• Govardhana puja

• played rasa-lila with the gopis

• invited to Mathura for wrestling match

• killed Canura and Balarama killed Mustika

• killed Kamsa and Balarama killed his brothers

10-28

• lived in Mathura

• Intiated with Balarama into chanting Gayatri by Gargamuni

• Instructed with Balarama in the sixty four arts by Sandipani Muni

• Protects Mathura from many demons

29 - 125

• establishes kingdom in Dvaraka

• marriage to Rukmini and 7 principal queens

• marriage to 16,100 princesses

• 161,080 sons born to Krishna

• speaks Bhagavad-Gita at Kuruksetra Battle(~90)(3138 BC)

• saves King Pariksit in the womb

• instructs Uddhava

• Disappearance on February 18th 3102 BC

So Krishna knew of the physical Radha only till Krishna was 10. He never returned to Nandvan after that time. Radha did not travel to Dwaraka. In South India there is no mention of Radha in the ancient texts. The idea of Radha & Krishna as JivAtma and ParamAtma is popular only after the Bhakti movement. The poets and romantics have given this spiritual relation a physical form, and distorted the picture for the average viewers.

In prayers Rukmani, Satyabhama sametha Sri Krishnamasra is what recited.

Then Mira worshiped Krishna as her lover.

Similarly Andhal in South India accepted Narayana as her husband.

Surdas worshiped Krishna as a child, Raskhan worshiped krishna as his lover. The relation between God and devotee's are varied and personal to them.

यदा युवां प्रीति युतौ च दम्पती

परात्परौ तावनुरूप् रूपितौ ।

तथापि लोकव्यवहार सन्ग्रहाद्

विधिं विवाहस्य तु कार्ययाम्याहं ।।

गर्ग संहिता , गोलोक १६।२९

As per garg samhita and Bhrahm vaivart puran (shri krishna janma khand) Shree Krishna was married to Radhika. Please refer to the given reference and clear ur doubts abt it....Radha and Krishna are married to each other, it is proved!

Raadha is the eternal consort of the Lord Krishna and they got married in Bhandira Van, Lord Brahma Came to Earth to get them married.The Raaddha that Got married elsewhere was Chaya Raadha her Shadow. Raadha and Krishna are one not two,Raadha is the prana of the Lord.

Radha was already married to someone and in some places it is also mentioned that radha was an aunt to Krishna by some relation. thiers was not a worldly love but a love that joined two souls. you only find idols of radha and krishna everywhere and not krishna and his wives because once when out of jealousy krishna's wives tried to hurt radha, krishna cursed them that from now on only radha's name will be taken with his name.

once i read a bful message on this...radha asked krishna..."aapne humse shaadi kyu nahi ki"

krishna replied with a smile..."radha...shaadi k liye toh do log chahiye...tum hi batao hum mei doosra kon hai"...

meaning they both are inseparable...and both are one....thats the beauty of true love.....

The story I heard was that Radha was widow or bal vidhwa so it was not possible.

Hey, I saw this in an old Krishna movie just two years back.

Please watch movies of Lord Krsna to know more.

Hey, when Radha came to Krsna and discussed about marriage, Krsna refused. Radha was upset. Then Krsna told her and actually showed her that he himself was Radha, he himself was her husband. He told her to see everyone in Krsna and Krsna in everyone. And then he told Radha to marry the other person. Then Radha was happy.

Krsna's leelas and what he has said, his teachings, his life style, etc reveal a lot of things that devotees are always curious about. The discussion is a teaching to all humans from spiritual perspective as well as material life perspective (2 in 1 teaching).

Spiritual perspective - To see everyone in Krishna and Krishna in everyone.

Material life perspective - Many people are attracted by the supreme, but very few care for the non-supreme, but the supreme himself is the supreme, because he always cares for the non-supreme. Krishna though supreme, respected and always cared for and helped the poor and the needy and he always insisted through his leelas about moral values in life that whatever happens one should not give up their good morals. So even while in a love relationship with Radha and the gopis, he always taught us something great for mankind. (Please read the book - Krishna, The Supreme Personality of Godhead by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Srila Swami Prabhupad, in which all the leelas are described in detail. You will get the book in any ISKCON centre, Hare Krishna Temples)

For the leelas, Srimad Bhagavatam (Canto 10 and ahead) can also be referred.

But please read Srimad Bhagavatam(by Srila Prabhupad) from Canto 1 to Canto 12 (18 books) as mentioned in the starting pages of any Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam itself.

Hey, I am enjoying reading Srimad Bhagavatam very very much and feel Lord Shri Krishna in and around me.

You too enjoy.

Hare Krsna

Lord Krishna left vrindavan for Mathura at the age of 10 ,never to return. The love that existed between Krishna and Radha was a divine kind of love that was pure and innocent.So the question of Marriage doen not come into picture :-) The yearning of Gopis for the lord is the yearning of the soul for the God.

Guest Guest

that is a completely retartded reason not to get married.

the love that they had for each other is infinite. mere astrology cannot touch it!!

stupid grandmother in my opinion

and yes, i have heard about them having a secret ceremony...

but what about their age difference?

who knows about this?

8-9 years