IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhakta Don Muntean

The Origins of the Satan Myth and impact to global politics

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Deuteronomy 13:13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;

Deuteronomy 13:14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;

Deuteronomy 13:15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.

Krsna loves cows. He is known as Govinda the protector of cows. YHWH is not Visnu. YHWH is not Krsna. YHWH is not Govinda.

YHWH is the god of cow killer barbarians who committed many evil acts of genocide.

Guest guest

Words of wisdom from the book of Deuteronomy

====================================================

# All nations shall be terrorized by the followers of Yahweh. 2:25

# God hardened the heart of the king of Heshbon and so that he could have him and all of his people killed. 2:30

# At God's instructions, the Israelites "utterly destroyed the men, women, and the little ones" leaving "none to remain." 2:33-36

# The Israelites, with God's help, kill all the men, women, and children of every city. 3:3-6

# When going to war, don't be afraid. God is on your side; "he shall fight for you." 3:22

# God destroyed the followers of Baalpeor. 4:3

# God brought the Isralites out of Egypt "by war ... and by great terrors." 4:34

# If you worship the wrong god, God will get jealous and kill you. 6:15

# God instructs the Israelites to kill, without mercy, all the inhabitants (strangers) of the land that they conquer. 7:2

# If you do show any mercy to such strangers, "give your daughters to any of them, or "take" any of their daughters, then you'll get God so angry that he'll "destroy thee suddenly." 7:4

# God will kill those who hate him. 7:10

# God commands his people to "consume all the people which the Lord thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity on them." 7:16

# God will send hornets to kill your enemies, "for the Lord thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible." 7:20-23

# God is "a consuming fire" that destroys people. 9:3

# "The blood of sacrifices shall be poured out ... and thou shalt eat the flesh." Isn't this the sort of thing that satanists are accused of doing? 12:27

# Kill those of other faiths. 12:30

# Prophets and dreamers are to be executed if they say or dream the wrong things. 13:1-5

# If your brother, son, daughter, wife, or friend tries to get you to worship another god, "thou shalt surely kill him, thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death." 13:6-10

# If you hear of a city where another god is worshiped, then destroy everyone in the city (even the cattle) and burn it down. (Watch out Salt Lake!) 13:12-16

# Kill everyone who has religious beliefs that are different from your own. 17:2-7

# Anyone who will not listen to a priest or a judge must be executed. 17:12-13

# False prophets are to be (you guessed it) executed. How do you know who is a false prophet? By whether or not their predictions come true. (Watch out Jehovah's Witnesses!) 18:20

# Murderers and perjurers are to be executed -- "and thine eye shall not pity" them. 19:11-13, 18-21

# "And thine eye shall not pity. Life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot." 19:21

# God travels with people and fights in their wars. 20:4

# In the cities that god "delivers into thine hands" you must kill all the males (including old men, boys, and babies) with "the edge of the sword .... But the women ... shalt thou take unto yourself." 20:13

# "But of the cities ... which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth." Kill the old men and women, the sick and the dying, the blind and the lame, pregnant mothers, nursing mothers, infants, toddlers, and babies. 20:16

# If you find a dead body and don't know the cause of death, then get all the elders together, cut off the head of a heifer, wash your hands over its body, and say our hands have not shed this blood. (That'll do it!) 21:1-8

# If you have a "stubborn and rebellious son," then you and the other men in your neighborhood "shall stone him with stones that he die." 21:18-21

# Hang on trees the bodies of those who are "accursed of God." They make nice decorations. 21:22

# If a man marries, then decides that he hates his wife, he can claim she wasn't a virgin when they were married. If her father can't produce the "tokens of her virginity" (bloody sheets), then the woman is to be stoned to death at her father's doorstep. 22:13-21

# "If a man be found lying with a woman married to a husband, then they shall both of them die." 22:22

# If a betrothed virgin is raped in the city and doesn't cry out loud enough, then "the men of the city shall stone her to death." 22:23-24

# If two men fight and the wife of one grabs the "secrets" of the other, "then thou shalt cut off her hand" and "thine eye shall not pity her." 25:11-12

# God commands the Israelites to "blot out the rembrance of Amalek from under heaven." A few hundred years later God orders Saul to kill of the Amalekites "both man and woman, infant and suckling." (1 Sam.15:2-3) 25:19

# If you don't obey all of the laws that are given in the Old Testament, God shower you with the curses that are given in the the next 52 verses. 28:16-68

# "Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body." 28:18

# God will send you "cursing, vexing, the pestilence, consumption, fever, inflammation, extreme burning, the sword, blasting, and mildew." 28:20-22

# "And thy carcass shall be meat to all the fowls of the air." 28:25-26

# "The Lord will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and the emerods [hemorrhoids], and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst be healed. The Lord will smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart." 28:27-28

# "Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes." 28:31

# Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people." 28:32

# You will be enslaved and driven mad in another country. 28:33-34

# "The Lord will smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head." 28:35

# You will be ruled by other nations, forced to serve other gods, become a laughingstock among your neighbors, have your crops destroyed by locusts, your vines eaten by worms, and have fruitless olive trees. 28:36-40

# "Thou shalt begat sons and daughters, but thou shall not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity." 28:41

# "All these curses shall come upon thee ... and upon thy seed for ever." 28:48-49

# God will enslave you and destoy you with hunger, thirst, hardship, and all kinds of deprivation. 28:48-52

# "And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters." 28:53-55

# "The tender and delicate woman" will be forced to eat her own children "that cometh out from between her feet." 28:56-57

# If you don't do as God says he'll send plagues to torment and destroy you. 28:58-67

# God will have you sold to your enemies -- but even they won't buy you. 28:68

# If you serve the gods of other nations, "all the curses that are in this book" will fall upon you. 29:18-20

# "And the Lord will put all these curses upon thine enemies." See Dt.28:16-64 for some of the curses God has in mind. 30:7

# Moses tells the people that God will destroy all the inhabitants of the lands that they pass through. 31:3

# When God gets mad -- watch out! He'll starve you to death, burn you with fire, and send vicious beasts to devour you. He'll "destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs." Not even the helpless and innocent are spared by this psychotic God. 32:21-26

# God says, "To me belongeth vengeance, and recompense ... for the day of their destruction is at hand." 32:35

# God says, "I kill ... I wound ... I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh." Someone should take his sword and arrows away, at least until he's feeling better. 32:39-43

In response to the reply after the big pic by Guest on pg 11............

Some of what you raise is very much indeed correct.

The example of prophet Mohammed not being an avatar, and therefore not belonging in the picture is factually correct. [see Bhavishya Purana].

However, I must say that you should not deface the body of any religion. That is to say, that even though one may not think of Mohammed as God, it is still true that he was a phrophet who propagated the word of Islam. Because of this we cannot insult other religions' devotees, as this is not only socially unacceptable but also against the core values of being a vaishanva.

Furthermore, you say " What we see in the image above pretty much sums up most of what I find exasperating and disturbing about modern day ISKCON". Remember, ISKCON is the body of Srila Prabhupada, and by insulting ISKCON, you also insult Prabhupada's work in promoting Krishna Consciousness. I'm sure that you will not contest the fact the Srila Prabhupada was a true acharya, but do not let one moment's quick thought blaspheme the work of Srila Prabhupada.

So if you feel that you are a pure vaishnava, than I recommend you try and challenge you

Guest guest

The comment wasn't meant to be any sort of comment on His Divine Grace.

It was a comment about images that are incorrect, or which convey false ideas about what KC really is.

Guest guest

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Furthermore, you say " What we see in the image above pretty much sums up most of what I find exasperating and disturbing about modern day ISKCON". Remember, ISKCON is the body of Srila Prabhupada, and by insulting ISKCON, you also insult Prabhupada's work in promoting Krishna Consciousness. I'm sure that you will not contest the fact the Srila Prabhupada was a true acharya, but do not let one moment's quick thought blaspheme the work of Srila Prabhupada.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dear Sripad Salagrama Mahaseva Prabhu,

No offence intended but while some devotees might like to think of ISKCON as the body or embodiment of His Divine Grace, it is nevertheless to be noted that sometimes people within that body of devotees do and say things that are not proper. No need to elaborate on this, I believe.

And what I said about that bogus image being disturbing is a reality. Mohammed was against "worship of images" and the idea that God incarnates, so it is utter foolishness to Deify Mohammed. And yes, while we should avoid criticizing other religions it is nevertheless to be remembered that Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur, Srila Saraswati Thakur and other Gaudiya Acharyas, including my own Guru Maharaj, have stated quite openly that many key ideas promoted in the bible such as the "satan myth" and the "adam and eve myth" and the "messiah myth" are concocted stories created by men. These myths are not real truths of religion.

- m.das

Guest guest

gHari, what do you make of this:

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

===========

the invisible, formless god....

A foolish conclusion.

Other translations remove English's ambiguity suggesting that it means that only Jesus has seen Him (NO ONE, BUT Jesus): "No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%201%20;&version=31;#fen-NIV-26053e

Since clearly it is previously reported that Moses saw God's back, then one might venture that John the Baptist's words here are in the perfect present tense, that is, "No one HERE has seen God".

The other quote speaks of God's face, so concluding 'formless' here is sheer stupidity. I would advise that such persons not try to hold any opinions on the matter. It is quite beyond them. That is what I make of that, for whatever it is worth.

No man has seen the planets in the distant galaxies; therefore they are formless.

Purport excerpt from Brahma-samhita 5.38:<blockquote>Nowadays also the devotees see Him in Vraja in their hearts, saturated with devotion although they do not see Him with their eyes. The eye of devotion is nothing but the eye of the pure unalloyed spiritual self of the jIva. The form of KRSNa is visible to that eye in proportion to its purification by the practice of devotion. When the devotion of the neophyte reaches the stage of bhAva-bhakti the pure eye of that devotee is tinged with the salve of love by the grace of KRSNa, which enables him to see KRSNa face to face. The phrase "in their hearts" means KRSNa is visible in proportion as their hearts are purified by the practice of devotion. The sum and substance of this zloka is that the form of KRSNa, who is SyAmasundara, NaTavara (Best Dancer), MuralIdhara (Holder of the Flute) and TribhaGga (Triple-bending), is not a mental concoction but is transcendental, and is visible with the eye of the soul of the devotee under trance.</blockquote>

Guest guest

SAINT JOHN OF DAMASCUS:

"In former times God, who is without form or body, could never be depicted. But now when God is seen in the flesh conversing with men, I make an image of the God whom I see" [st. John, 23]

In the Old Testament period, God forbids "the making of images because of idolatry, and [because] it is impossible to make an image of the immeasurable, uncircumscribed, invisible God" [st. John, 17]. He then asks, "How can the invisible be depicted? How does one picture the inconceivable? How can one draw what is limitless, immeasurable, infinite? How can a form be given to the formless? How does one paint the bodiless? How can you describe what is a mystery?" [st. John, 18]. All these questions present obstacles to the artistic depiction of God in the Old Testament, but it is through the Incarnation that a change in the ability to produce an image (eikon) of God is achieved. As St. John says, "It is obvious that when you contemplate God becoming man, then you can depict Him clothed in human form. When the invisible One becomes visible to flesh, you may then draw His likeness" [st. John, 18]. As a consequence of God's self-emptying in the Incarnation, it becomes possible to iconically depict God in the flesh, and so one can make images of Him at the various stages of His earthly life: His birth, His miracles, and His death, can all be artistically rendered.

http://www.balamand.edu.lb/theology/live_of_saint_john_of_damascus.htm

It is clear that the idolators are actually named in the Bible. It was quite clear. I would suggest that the guest who posted this quote is wasting their time with this question. If you can't see the good, then don't look.

We don't have to search the writings of some obscure monk to find impersonalism in the vedic literature. We find it everywhere.

Well it's nice to post like this and hide too isn't it!

So what does any of this little sermon mean?

Before I answer - are you a christian or a muslim or a hindu - or worse yet - a so-called hare krishna - once I know that - I can respond to this sermon for you..

Well the killing of cows took place in India too - and it goes on there right now - because this is Kali Yuga - oh and them other gods they were going off to serve - demanded their children in sacrifice - nice faith huh - I wonder if you would like to see those you love enter a faith like that? Be sensible - but yer most likely a hate monger so what can I say - and Prabhupada says Yahweh is a name for God - I do not care what you think...

Guest guest

The Second Vatican Council teaches that Christ is "the image of the invisible God' (Col 1:15). He is the perfect man who has restored in the children of Adam that likeness to God which had been disfigured ever since the first sin. Human nature, by the very fact that it was assumed, not absorbed, in him, has been raised in us also to a dignity beyond compare. For by his Incarnation, the Son of God has in a certain way united himself with each man" (Gaudium et spes, n. 22).

- Pope John Paul II

http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP96N30.htm

5. The Law of the Old Testament explicitly forbids representation of the invisible and ineffable God by means of “graven or molten image” (Dt 27:15), because God transcends every material representation: “I am who I am” (Ex 3:14). Yet in the mystery of the Incarnation, the Son of God becomes visible in person: “When the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son born of woman” (Gal 4:4). God became man in Jesus Christ, who thus becomes “the central point of reference for an understanding of the enigma of human existence, the created world and God himself”.(6)

- Pope John Paul II

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_let_23041999_artists_en.html

In his great love, the invisible God speaks to men and women as friends and dwells with them, to invite them and admit them to communion with him" (Dei Verbum, n. 2). (ZENIT Translation)

- Pope John Paul II

http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/pope0264dh.htm

He who is born of Mary is already Son of God by virtue of his eternal birth; his virginal birth, brought about by the Most High, shows that he is Son of God even in his humanity. The revelation of his eternal birth in his virginal birth is also suggested by the passages in the Prologue of John's Gospel which relate the manifestation of the invisible God to the work of the "the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father" (1:18), by his coming in the flesh: "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father" (Lk 1:14).

- Pope John Paul II

http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP960731.HTM

The Incarnation means, in the first place, that the invisible God enters into the visible world, so that we, who are bound to matter, can know Him.

- Pope Benedict XIV (Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger)

http://www.adoremus.org/0202artliturgy.html

Christ is the image of the invisible God (Col 1:15)

- The July 2004 Vatican Statement on Creation and Evolution

by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XIV )

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/p80.htm

-----------------------------

As you can see, according to Catholic Theology the Lord God Himself is "invisible". Jesus is the "incarnation of God" but God "the Father" is "invisible".

Like I said, days ago, the Christian theologians are not going to accept that Krishna is "God the Father". The most you would get from them is that they accept that the invisible "nirvisesha-brahma" described in the Upanishads is the same as their "God the Father". And what benefit will it be for anyone if they condescend to agree that their formless god is the same as the formless spirit mentioned in the Upanishads?

Guest guest

E. Conclusion

27. Recognizing each other as churches in which the gospel is truly preached and the holy sacraments duly administered, we receive with thanksgiving the gift of unity which is already given in Christ.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers -- all things have been created through him and for him. He himself is before all things, and in him all things hold together. He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might come to have first place in everything. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross (Colossians 1:15-20).

Official Text: The Lutheran-Episcopal Agreement of 1982

http://www.elca.org/ecumenical/fullcommunion/episcopal/ccmresources/text.html

Quote:

Like I said, days ago, the Christian theologians are not going to accept that Krishna is "God the Father".

Reply:

Well you are wrong.

I know many Catholics - who accept that Krishna is God.

One of my very closest friends who is a Catholic Priest [from the 'old school'] totally accepts that Krishna is God - so I do not care what 'you' quote [i may explain your quotes later] I know that there are many many Catholics - and others of other faiths - who accept Krishna as God.

There may be more that do not.

It is up to 'you' to find out the mature and proper understanding - through which to reconcile these seeming divisive points in the bible that see God as formless and invisible.

As noted before:

“The Absolute Truth is realized in three phases of understanding by the knower of the Absolute Truth, and all of them are identical. Such phases of the Absolute Truth are expressed as Brahman, Paramatma, and Bhagavan.” (Bhäg. 1.2.11) These three divine aspects can be explained by the example of the sun, which also has three different aspects, namely the sunshine, the sun’s surface and the sun planet itself. One who studies the sunshine only is the preliminary student. One who understands the sun’s surface is further advanced. And one who can enter into the sun planet is the highest. Ordinary students who are satisfied by simply understanding the sunshine—its universal pervasiveness and the glaring effulgence of its impersonal nature—may be compared to those who can realize only the Brahman feature of the Absolute Truth. The student who has advanced still further can know the sun disc, which is compared to knowledge of the Paramatma feature of the Absolute Truth. And the student who can enter into the heart of the sun planet is compared to those who realize the personal features of the Supreme Absolute Truth. [bG 2.2, purport]

Guest guest

The experience of the Absolute to which India’s mystical tradition bears such powerful witness is all included in Jesus’ word: ‘My father and I are one.’ All that the Maharshi, and countless others before him, knew and handed on of the inexorable experience of nonduality, Jesus also knew himself, and that in a pre-eminent manner. We need only refer to his words: ‘He who has seen me has seen the Father’ (John 14:9). Whatever the Father does, he does through the Son; whatever the Son does, it is the Father doing it through him. And yet, at the very heart of all this, there remains the ‘face-to-face’ of the Son and the Father.

The conclusion is inescapable: the experience of Jesus includes the advaitic experience, but it certainly cannot be reduced to the commonly accepted formulation of that experience. Vedanta obliges us to recognize in [the human person] a level of consciousness deeper than that of reflective thought, more basic than [a person’s] awakening to oneself through sense-perception or mental activity. Christ’s experience compels us to admit the existence in [the human person] of something even deeper still. That [a human being] attains to this depth by grace alone is another matter. . . It is enough for us now to have recognized the existence of such a level in the person of Jesus. If, as non-Christians maintain, Jesus is only a [human being], then whatever natural endowments he possesses must necessarily be available to every [human being]. And if he is the Son of God, as Christians believe, then they must not forget that, according to their faith, Jesus shares with them by grace all that he possesses by right of his divine Sonship.

- Father Henri Le Saux, OSB (1910-1973) The Catholic priest a.k.a. Abhishiktananda

http://www.bedegriffiths.org/golden/vol9no2/

... there is an understanding of advaita today that avoids any kind of monism, (which rejects all differences) and recognizes that while the supreme reality is “not two,” it is also “not one.” This is the distinction that we speak of in regard to the Trinity, recognizing that there are distinctions in the Godhead and distinction between God and creation which do not negate the underlying unity of all reality. The example that he used very often was of Jesus in the Gospels saying “the Father and I are one,” but never “I am the Father.”

- Father Bede Griffiths (another Catholic priest who studied Advaita Vedanta, and who has been extremely influential among Catholic theologians).

Bede... says that Abhishiktananda’s experience of this oneness with God, while in a cave on the mountain of Arunachala in Tiruvanamalai — and no one, not even Bede or Francis Acharya, denied that he had had a real and profound experience — was in fact so profound that it shook his faith in the traditional form of Christianity. In his experience of advaita he was left with a sense of absolute oneness in which he no longer felt any difference between God and the individual human person. For the rest of his life, as evidenced in his diaries, Abhishiktananda had to wrestle with how to interpret this experience as a Christian. ... To the end Abhishiktananda never gave up his faith in the church and continued to celebrate the mass, but he also felt that he could not give up the conviction born of personal experience of the truth of advaita.

- Cyprian Consiglio, a monk of the Camaldolese Congregation (a catholic congregation)

Guest guest

The nondualistic interpretation of the Upanishads by Shankara seems to focus entirely on the ontological nonduality and to neglect the functional duality, though he himself wrote many devotional hymns later. With his zeal for the absolute Shankara refused to give any value and meaning to the world and human relationships and held to the view that the world is an illusion. Thus he moved towards monism. While Ramanuja tried to correct this extreme position and give some meaning to the world and human beings, he was suspected of moving towards pantheism. Madhava, while trying to keep the balance between monism of Shankara and the pantheism of Ramanuja, created an unbridgeable gulf between God and human beings. Though Ramanuja and Madhava, with their qualified nondualistic and dualistic interpretations, tried to give meaning to relationship and bring God closer to the ordinary people, they also closed the door to the nondualistic experience of God. These dualistic experiences have functional value but not ontological value. As long as we have a physical body and live in this world of time and space we need to relate with God and with one another in a functional duality, though we know that we are ontologically one with God and one another, since there is only one Reality.

- Nonduality in the Vedic and Biblical Traditions

by Father John Martin, OSB.

(it would seem that this good catholic Father has not realized Krishna is God yet)

Quote:

(it would seem that this good catholic Father has not realized Krishna is God yet)

Reply:

Well this is the first I ever heard of this person - I do not care about this person.

The person I told you about - is a real live person - who is a part of my life - and I'll assure you HE is a staunch personalist and - he isn't bewildered like this other fellow you've quoted.

So just what is your goal here...

Guest guest

I was just quoting the Pope, who describes God the Father as "the invisible God"

Christ is the image of the invisible God (Col 1:15)

- The July 2004 Vatican Statement on Creation and Evolution

by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XIV )

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/p80.htm

Yes Jesus said "I am my Father are one." But he also said "The Father is greater than I."

Simultaneous oneness and difference with one personality being the greatest and the served and the other being subordinate and servant.

Sound familiar?

Jesus is a Vaisnava not a monist.

Guest guest

Theist:

Sri Sri Prappanajivanamrtam (Chapter 7)

Sri Bhakta-vacanamrtam (Atma-niksepah - Full Self-surrender)

-------------------

tad yantram evatmanam anubhavati -

yat krtam yat karisyami, tat sarvam na maya krtam

tvaya krtam tu phala-bhuk, tvam eva madhusudana

Sri Kulasekharasya

The dedicated soul perceives that he is merely an instrument in the hands of the Supreme Lord -

"O Madhusudana, whatever I have done and whatever I will do, nothing is my endeavor. It is all done by You, and You alone are the enjoyer of the fruit."

Sri Kulasekhara

hrdi tan niyuktatvanubhavan na mithyacarah -

kenapi devena hrdi sthitena

yatha niyukto 'smi tatha karomi

Gautamiya tantre

Hypocrisy cannot show its face in the light of such a heart's revelation -

"As I am engaged by a Deity within my heart, so do I act."

Gautamiya Tantra

http://www.mandala.com.au/prapanna/ch-7.html

Just see the bent born again reasoning here:

http://www.jnewswire.com/library/article.php?articleid=676

....Yesterday, we in Israel watched as American officials, including President George W. Bush, ordered the mandatory evacuation of New Orleans and its surrounds. That small depression had turned into a frightening fiend. Now we are seeing on our television screens up to a million people being forced to leave their homes. People are weeping on camera, mourning that they are going to lose 'everything we own; everything we have worked for.' As today unfolds we are bracing to see wind and water pounding homes, whole communities, into the ground.

"Is this some sort of bizarre coincidence? Not for those who believe in the God of the Bible and the immutability of His Word.

"What America is about to experience is the lifting of God’s hand of protection; the implementation of His judgment on the nation most responsible for endangering the land and people of Israel.

"The Bible talks about Him shaking His fist over bodies of water, and striking them.

While the “disengagement” plan was purportedly the brainchild of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, the United States of America has for more than a decade been the chief sponsor and propeller of a diplomatic process that has dangerously weakened Israel in the face of an overwhelming, growing threat to annihilate her.

"In the context of the last 12 years of peace-process history, and not withstanding the desire of many on Israel’s left to go ahead with this process, the Sharon disengagement plan was something that was forced on Israel, primarily by the United States."

Then there is this:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=17332_The_Terrorist_Katrina_is_One_of_the_Soldiers_of_Allah&only

Yes indeed, like a 90 degree angle. This country has some heavy stuff to answer for including the animal slaughter, abortions and the rampant hedonisic turn it has taken. But this guys reasoning...