IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The problem of evil - Sankara, Jesus, Buddha and Caitanya

Rate this topic

Why do we think that there is evil in the world? We think so because the world is not the way we want it to be. The world is not exactly as per our expectations. We feel unhappy because of this. Because of our unhappiness, we say that there is evil in the world. Why is it said that there is no evil in Vaikuntha? This is because the residents of Vaikuntha are very happy with everything that they find there. What do they have to do in Vaikuntha? They have to serve Visnu. They are happy because they like serving Visnu. This does not mean that they have no free will. It is not that they are brain washed into serving Visnu. They serve Visnu because they like to. So, they have just one desire - to serve Visnu. But, in the material world, different people have different desires.

Originally posted by theist:

This can only be rectified by women completely submitting herself to the will of man.When this proper order is established it will then be known as the golden age and evil will be no more on Earth.

Thanks prabhuji, for that beautiful quote from Quran and Hadiths. Insha Allah, it will happen. Till that fully happens, I suggest that we split the tongues of disobedient women with bAx Qatr [pronounced by kafirs as "box cutters"].

Originally posted by karthik_v:

Thanks prabhuji, for that beautiful quote from Quran and Hadiths. Insha Allah, it will happen. Till that fully happens, I suggest that we split the tongues of disobedient women with bAx Qatr [pronounced by kafirs as "box cutters"].

karthik,

My post was joking.I thought it obvious.Please read it in context to radharani's right above it.

These are my feelings and thoughts on the matter in a nut shell.

I do believe in women having a submissive role to men in society in general.But first let the men be truly submissive to God and stop confusing the injunction to protect with a license to exploit.

Until men do this they are acting on the animal level.And where are women told to submit to animals?

Hari Bol,

Theist prabhuji,

I understood your post. Actually, I forgot to add a Posted Image in my response. I too agree with you that first men have to follow the rules to perfection and then the women have to follow them. For one, I think that the modern concept of women's liberation is sheer exploitation of women. Well, prostitution would be an apt word.

Guest guest

I've tried blaming Krsna.It doesn't work.He just keeps smiling and looking beautiful.

Good one. Believe me,looks are deceptive. If He is really interested in the welfare of all, then why dont He remove the ignorance of the suufering living entities ?

Guest guest

Originally posted by Avinash:

Why do we think that there is evil in the world?

We think so because we suffer.

Originally posted by ram:

What is the cause of your fault ?

Just like R2D2, I had a faulty motivator; a slight imperfection in my devotional attitude that needed to be corrected. If I'd known the corrective procedure was so involved and painful I might have just tried to use duct tape. Next time - duct tape!

Good one. Believe me,looks are deceptive. If He is really interested in the welfare of all, then why dont He remove the ignorance of the suufering living entities ?

He is removing the ignorance as we speak. Frustrating us through the external energy,and by smiling and looking beautiful He is attracting us through the internal energy.

The problem is we are conditioned by time so we perceive ourselves as being ignored.But actually we will be saved in a lightning flash.

'cause it takes time to weave a whole new blanket when the old one gets worn out; and the old one is still comfortable and providing warmth, and so it's hard to let it go

[This message has been edited by radharani (edited 06-28-2002).]

Guest guest

Originally posted by gHari:

Just like R2D2, I had a faulty motivator; a slight imperfection in my devotional attitude that needed to be corrected. If I'd known the corrective procedure was so involved and painful I might have just tried to use duct tape. Next time - duct tape!

Why didn't you know the corrective procedure was so involved and painful ? Why didn't He let us know that if we didn't love Him, we will face pain ?

------------------

Guest guest

The problem is we are conditioned by time so we perceive ourselves as being ignored.

He is time. So, why let us perceive suffering for billions of years ? Just because we did not love Him ?

Guest guest

Originally posted by radharani:

'cause it takes time to weave a whole new blanket when the old when gets worn out; and the old one is still comfortable and providing warmth, and so it's hard to let it go

But the old one does not protect me from cold. And in summer, I try to use it as my tent. But the sun scorches through the holes in the blanket. Why did I get this in the first place ?

I am holding on to this only because I haven't seen the new one in billions of years. My master who is promising me the new one does not tell me why I got the old one - whether I had the new one and lost it long time ago. Or have always had only the old one.

[This message has been edited by ram (edited 06-28-2002).]

Guest guest

Originally posted by shiva:

to radharani

yeah baby!

I am glad to know that small children are participating in this forum. Prahalad maharaj's desire kaumaram acaret prajna has come true.

He is time. So, why let us perceive suffering for billions of years ? Just because we did not love Him ?

He let's us because its our desire.If we want to end our suffering we can right now.He doesn't force us.But most of us are still holding out hope that we can find some way to enjoy separately from Krsna.

Guest guest

Love Krishna,so they say.

Love Him or you had it ? - Posted Image

Actually the concept of love God or suffer is from another religion. In Vedic thought, one can deny God's existence and still enjoy through punya karmas (pious activities). By the wonderful deluding potency of God, one will actually think one is enjoying despite being in an unnatural state of existence.

Guest guest

This is a wonderful answer. So, even though one is suffering, one does not know that.

There are a few things that are wonderful about the Lord even though He allows delusion. Firstly, he keeps us in ignorance. Ignorance is bliss until you know what is truth. The Lord does not punish us for even denying His existence leave alone loving Him. The Lord as Paramatma as paramatma is with us birth after birth whereas other conditional relations leave us. The Lord gives us suffering only for causing harm to other living entities.