IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why Krishna so brutal?

Rate this topic

There is a statement about demoniac nature and how the demons think. Krishna in the gita:

"A demon thinks: He is my enemy, I have killed him and now I will rejoyce."

Cant KRISHNA Himself be judged as a DEMON here?

While Arjuna was crying for liberation from this war, kind a like a real hippie, Krishna commanded him to kill and actually said to him that even if you die you go to Me but if you win you will gain NOTE:::: their riches, palaces and so on.

"..Krishna asked arjun to kill men brutally with arrows.

wont they feel pain?.."

dont you know that Krishna is a sattwik deity and is free from brutality.

the earlier avatars of vishnu also killed liberally.

so why blame krishna.it is the nature of Vishnu.

<< Krishna asked arjun to kill men brutally with arrows.

wont they feel pain? >>

dear child, is that the only thing you know of krishna?

you need to find out why he advised arjun that way, and at what time. read mahabharat, or see mahabharat video movie, child.

have you found any one better than krishna as of now, in your childhood? if so, tell how he/she is better.

Guest guest

Dear hoLkaPoLka,

There is a statement about demoniac nature and how the demons think. Krishna in the gita:

"A demon thinks: He is my enemy, I have killed him and now I will rejoyce."

Cant KRISHNA Himself be judged as a DEMON here?

Aren't you a christian. It is very obvious from your childish statements.

Anyway, here is the explanation.

The verse you quoted talks about Selfish demons, who kill others(their enemies) with pure selfishness as their motive. Duryodhana would qualify as a perfect demon.

Lord Krishna asked Arjuna to perform his duty as a Kshatriya.

In Vedas AtatAyi is defined as follows.(I take the liberty to quote Maadhav's post)

" DharmaShAstra says:

agnido garadashchaiva

shastrapANir dhanApahH

kshetradArA haraischava

shhadete hi AtatAyinah

an arsonist,

one give poison to other,

one who attacks with weapon on another who has no weapon, one who steals another's money,

one who illegally possesses another's land, and

one who kidnaps another's wife;

these six are AtatAyis."

Srimad Bhagavatam verse 1-7-54:

"Krishna says: ..It is proper to kill an AtatAyi."

Based on this, it can be seen that Kouravas are all AtatAyis. Anybody who supports them is also AtatAyi.

It is Kshatriya's(Rulers or kings) duty to punish such individuals even if they are your relatives. Kouravas were all AtatAyis, as they committed more than one crime mentioned above.

Forgiving undeserving and unrepenting individuals is not only totally wrong but otright foolishness on your part.

That is why Lord Krishna(GOD) advises Arjuna to fight and kill the enemies of Dharma(righteousness). This is not some whimsical killing for some selfish reasons.

While Arjuna was crying for liberation from this war, kind a like a real hippie, Krishna commanded him to kill and actually said to him that even if you die you go to Me but if you win you will gain NOTE:::: their riches, palaces and so on.

Yes, Lord Krishna tells what the consequences of waging a war of Dharma will be for Arjuna. So he logically states the consequences. This is not to attract Arjuna towards pleasure of riches to wage war, when Arjuna was ready to leave everything from kingdom to everything and lead a life as beggar in the streets. It would not make any sense to teach a person (of enjoying pleasures of riches) who is ready to renounce everything(especially to kill his relatives). No sane man can accept such teachings. This is not the intent of Lord Krishna mentioning the consequences of winning the war. The teachings of Gita are much more deep and profound than any other worldly man made scriptures like bible.

Also you note that Lord Krishna previously mentioned in other verses of the same chapter, that none of us are these bodies and that we are all eternal souls.

Arjuna's dilema starts when he thinks that it is wrong to kill Adharmis(AtatAyis mentioned above) based on the argument that they are his relatives, gurus, grandfathers etc. and also on the reason that it would disturb families(from morality) and societies when the male member of the families are killed.

What Arjuna failed to understand is that leaving society under the leadership of such AtatAyis is also wrong. Also Arjuna was merely interested in saving only the bodies of the relatives. To this Lord Krishna objects and says that a Kshatriya's paramount duty is to uphold dharma even if his relatives are against dharma. Then Lord Krishna teaches him that all these men are eternal souls, that pain and pleasure come and go like a phenomenon(temporaray nature of pain), one who cannot take pleasure and pain is not eligible for salvation, undeserving demonic people must not be forgiven and hence fight.

Also Lord Krishna(GOD) mentions all the consequences of not going for a war like being called cowardly and losing heavenin the hereafter, and consequences for Arjuna if he goes for war like gaining kingdom and ruling it in Dharma and heaven in the hereafter.

So in conclusion Lord Krishna says to Arjuna that all your arguments are empty and that whether you say spiritually or materially waging this war of dharma is beneficial to everybody and not waging this war will cause greater pain for everybody and himself in this world and also in the hereafter.

So the points are

1. This is not some whimsical killing

2. This is war for Dharma

3. Lord Krishna mentions that even materially it is a disadvantage of not waging this war of Dharma

4. Lord Krishna mentions about spiritually this dharmic war leads Kshatriyas to heaven.

5. It is clear from context that under no case case that Lord Krishna(GOD) bribes Arjuna towards war with material promises.

Try to learn Gita with open mind as this is not simple man made scripture like bible. This is from GOD himself.

A bad/sinfull action, caused by a living entity, deserves punishment. This is Krishnas and apparently your own belief as well. Take a look at my view:

During the illusion of righteousness, one tries to counteract a bad action by doing the exact same thing as what caused the problem in the first place.

An AtatAyis kills a man and steals his land.

A Divine entity kills the AtatAyis and takes back the land. This is also known as the eternal cirle.

Krishna is therefor a sinner Himself.

Jesus said:

"If someone strikes you on your right cheen, turn your left one towards him as well.If someone steals from you, let him have your cape as well."

Christians like some people who are not Christians, will be ignorant of the teachings of their own scriptures. Such a one I daresay is you holkapolka.

To you Jesus is the King of Peace and so you keep in mind the 5th commandment which says: 'Thou shalt not kill'. Whilst they forget that Jesus is said to be a warrior King who will fight AND wage war for God.

In the OT God commands his people to kill. Thus killing and fighting is sanctioned by God under certain conditions [Leveticus 24:17 - 'Anyone who takes the life of any human being shall be put to death.'] in your own scriptures! You may say, well the OT does not apply to us, as some people do.

Jesus is reported to have made a whip to drive the people out of the temple [John 2:15-16]. Jesus use forced. You may call it pacifism if you like, but we can see that a whip is not a tool for passivism, nor is overturning people's tables. Jesus will also be that warrior of God I said he is described as. In Revelations Jeus will wage a war in righteousness [Revelations 19:11-15] having a cloak dipped in blood. Remember, war and fighting is acceptable under certain conditions in your scripture, which you apparently are unaware of. Will you prove your righteousness [in a hypothetical situation] where your wife or girlfriend is raped in front of you and you do nothing, but offer up your daughter to be raped too?

The verse you cited was one about retailiation. Remember in Israel however, where one might have done something ignorantly and there were safe cities? Jesus is saying that likewise, you must forgive.

Clearly, not only must you study the Bhagavad Gita, you need to study the Bible as well.

Child is ignorant , and it can think rightly only when it becomes matured. To make it so it needs to be taken care by the parents. And Krishna is that (eternal) parent .

Surrender to him and you will soon be matured from your tender childish state......

hari hari bol

Guest guest

A bad/sinfull action, caused by a living entity, deserves punishment. This is Krishnas and apparently your own belief as well. Take a look at my view:

During the illusion of righteousness, one tries to counteract a bad action by doing the exact same thing as what caused the problem in the first place.

A Divine entity kills the AtatAyis and takes back the land. This is also known as the eternal cirle.

Krishna is therefor a sinner Himself.

As you said the Divine entity takes corrective actions, it is illogical to say that this correctove action and the AtatAyis actions are same. It is your illusion as well as your blind faith in your false religion.

What Lord Krishna(GOD) taught here is selfless action with complete surrender of fruits of action to Lord Krishna. No sin is incurred in this action. These actions are not retribution to bad actions, but to set everbody in right path.

Jesus said:

"If someone strikes you on your right cheen, turn your left one towards him as well.If someone steals from you, let him have your cape as well."

Sorry to say, your jesus is not only wrong here in this situation, he is outright teaching cowardliness to people. Let me ask you if somebody comes to your house and harms your mother or daughter or sister what would your Jesus do if he were present there. Will he say provide your wife too to the person so he can harm her too. This is nonsense teaching. No sane man can call this teaching good. It leads every good person to experience hell in this world and the next.

This will lead to total destruction of the sinner and the person who thinks he is doing good by not harming the person physically is foolish. This is not how Karma works.

What is taught here by Lord Krishna is not retribution, but how can people act responsibly and with GODLY(Krishna) consciousness.

Karma produces reactions when one does anything(so called good or morally bad actions) with selfish motive. If one does good Dharmic actions without expecting fruits ir results of actions then it does not produce karmic effects for the doer.

Quoting irrelevant verses from man made scriptures is of no value to anybody including yourselves.

Another point to note that is just because Lord Krishna asks Arjuna to kill others does not mean that Lord Krishna hates anybody.

Lord Krishna, being GOD, knows what is set for each soul and only HE knows what is right for each soul. Sometimes physical demise and pain teaches that soul important lessons to be learnt as per his Karma.

Sometimes a child needs to be forced to endure some things like not being let to eat whatever it wants etc. Similarly when one some souls are forcefully stopped from doing wrong to others. This is what Lord Krishna does to put an end to the bad actions of these souls. Ofcourse this may look very painful for that soul, but is required.

On the other hand, jesus' teachings will only cause great torment for innocent people. This is evident from 2000 years of persecution christianity has caused from Europe, Amerca, middle east to India nad Asia.

jesus himself taught that one can know whether a teaching is good or bad by the fruits it bears. The fruits of christianity is war for 2000 years. Read Theodisius code, and how American Indians were wiped out in the name of christianity. So by jesus own words, his teachings called christianity is evil.

Guest guest

A Divine entity kills the AtatAyis and takes back the land. This is also known as the eternal cirle

Holkapolka gives hocuspocus logic.

1. An AtatAyis kills an innocent man and steals his land.

2. Divine entity kills the AtatAyi and takes back the land.

Are action 1 and action 2 the same.

You said that

How can one equate action 1 to action 2.

Action 2 is corrective, where the soul is punished for transcending its limitsand to set the wrong to right both for the perpetrator of action 1 and the victim of action 1.

What would be doing exactly same thing is the following example.

A. A man X rapes wife of another man Y.

B. In retribution, the man Y rapes wife of man X.

A and B are equivalent actions and both are wrong.

But action 2 is coorective action where the stolen material from perpetrator of action 1 is forcefully taken to be given to victim or victim's family of action 1.

Not only that, by action 2 the perpetrator of action 1 is also set in right path or atleast stopped dead on the track from doing bad actions.

This(1 and 2) results in good for everybody.

On the other hand what would ignorant teachings of jesus would do ?

First, it results in painful endurance of innocent soul.

Second, it encourages the sinner to be more bold next time in commitiing dastardly acts.

Third, it results in pain and destruction of the society as good people are not protected and evil ones are let loose.

Please answer the question asked above, if a man sees his wife being assaulted by a stranger and jesus is there in that place, would jesus ask him tp provide his sister and daughters too for the stranger for satisfying his sexual apetite.

Understand the teachings of Lord Krishna in context. Similarly jesus teachings are also to be understood in context.

One can tolerate injustice inflicted upon oneself by another, but tolerating an innocent man or woman(either your relative or not) being hurt and not acting to protect them is outright simful.

dear guest,

when you realize a truth from guru, sadhu, or shastraa, it is yours to share and act upon. thanks/credit goes to my guru and shastras that helped me realise some truth, and that is what i intend to share here with the world. so it is yours to share too. my great pleasere is that it made sense to you.

please use a good user name. it helps.

Guest guest

you told---> What Lord Krishna(GOD) taught here is selfless action with complete surrender of fruits of action to Lord Krishna. No sin is incurred in this action. These actions are not retribution to bad actions, but to set everbody in right path.

----------

if it is so, then if a person kill another and surrender the killing to krishna, then the sin will go to krishna?

Somebody clarify this doubt plz.

============

you need to find out why he advised arjun that way, and at what time. read mahabharat, or see mahabharat video movie, child.

==============

i am not interested in mythologies and epics.

but if a man who claims himself as god did all those brutal killings...................!!!

it is too sad that he killed his own creation(if really he is god).

why did he create them then?

couldnt he end every deals peacefully?

if he is present everywhere, cant he change the minds of the enemies instead of piercing sharp deadly weapons into their flesh and enjoying?

=======

have you found any one better than krishna as of now, in your childhood? if so, tell how he/she is better.

=======

there were many..............

i hav seen many people who didnt play thefts...didnt steal...who didnt tease girls.....didnt tell lies often.....who hates wars....didnt marry thousands..........dont kill for wealth and power .....and who dont tempt others to kill for wealth and power.

=======

Lord Krishna asked Arjuna to perform his duty as a Kshatriya.

========

if it is like that, what will be asked to a professional killer?

will krishna ask him to kill innocents since it is his duty?

==============

Child is ignorant , and it can think rightly only when it becomes matured. To make it so it needs to be taken care by the parents. And Krishna is that (eternal) parent .

Surrender to him and you will soon be matured from your tender childish state......

================

but, here i see that even mature people are supporting evil only bcoz their mythical hero is supposed to have said to do that.

is there any proof that krishna is the eternal parent ?other than the mythical books and your crooked ideas?

I imagine its only a point of view what matters. whats food for the pig is the stool for humans.

but, here i see that even mature people are supporting evil only bcoz their mythical hero is supposed to have said to do that .

You should note that Krishna himself went to Kauravas to have a settlement without war. He even showed his viswarupa to the people out there as well. But unfortunately except some (like Bhisma deva) couldnt understnd krishna and they insulted him saying Mayavi. So it became highly obvious to go for war then. All the kaurvas were highly sinful and those who supported them in this war also became one as they supported the sinful ones. And these have to be killed to purify /punish. And moreover the war was forced on pandavas. even if they hadnt liked to fight, they wud have had to do so as they wud have been killled otherwise .

So the moral is that if the dialogue doesnt seem to work its better hold weapons and fight till the death, So that the peace prevails on the expense of the war. And this is wat we follow as we have seen the dialogues/negotiations always went in vain.

is there any proof that krishna is the eternal parent ?other than the mythical books and your crooked ideas?

Every realisation has got two stages, 1) theory 2) practice. So a sincere person should first read the theory (about how krishna is eternal parent) and then should practice the theory to realise the fact that Krishna is eternal parent. And then about the proof, even if I have it you wouldnt possess those eyes to see it, or any senses to percieve it. So make yourself eligible first then you would appreciate what I am saying.

Hari hari bol

Guest guest

In that state there is no stealing

Oh there is and it is exposed that you are here to find only faults and not learn the truth.

If anybody takes more from this world than what is necessary to maintain his life, then he is a thief.

Arjuna is not fighting for more riches but to establish Krishna(GOD) consciousness.

Guest guest

if it is so, then if a person kill another and surrender the killing to krishna, then the sin will go to krishna?

Somebody clarify this doubt plz.

That is not meant here.

Lord Krishna is Supreme GOD. So HE is nirdosha(without any faults). As I said before you are here to blaspheme not to learn. Do not think that we do not know you christians.

When one does Dharmic war in order to estanblish Krishna consciouness an not just gain material riches then there is no SIN incurred. This is what was meant.

<< i am not interested in mythologies and epics. >>

no, you are not interested in understanding hinduism.

that is fine. no problem.

but you are having buring desire to convvert hindus to xianity or something else. that will not be possible any more, and perticularly here.

we have no obligation to prove krishna is not a myth to those who hate krishna or hinduism. you have not come here to not learn, but to preach. so, this is a wrong place for you.

Guest guest

i am not interested in mythologies and epics.

Holkapolka and/or child,

Thank you for clarifying and exposing that you are here not to learn but simply to prove your primitive religion called christianity as superior.

but if a man who claims himself as god did all those brutal killings...................!!!

it is too sad that he killed his own creation(if really he is god).

Lord Krishna is GOD. Your speculation and speculation based on mlechchha(barbarian) literature called bible is rejected.

Anyway you see death is inevitable as people always die.

why did he create them then?

To help those souls get rid of their Karma.

couldnt he end every deals peacefully?

Everybody pays for their sins and wrong choices(free will). So some die in accidents, some die in war, some due to diseases, some due to old age, some in the womb only and so on. Only Lord Krishna(GOD) knows about each soul.

if he is present everywhere, cant he change the minds of the enemies instead of piercing sharp deadly weapons into their flesh and enjoying?

There is something called free will which Lord Krishna(GOD) does not interfere with.

So any person can choose what he wants to do, but when he crosses the limit he is forced to endure negative consequences.

Free will given by Lord Krishna so that we will learn to use it responsibly. This world is a training ground before we go to Heaven. This is the purpose of this world. We do mistakes and get punished. This way we know that we are wrong.

Guest guest

there were many..............

i hav seen many people who didnt play thefts...didnt steal...who didnt tease girls.....didnt tell lies often.....who hates wars....didnt marry thousands..........dont kill for wealth and power .....and who dont tempt others to kill for wealth and power.

Holkapolka exposing her wrong knowledge.

Lord Krishna says HE wantedly misleads asuric beings.

Just for your information child.

Lord Krishna has no material body, HE is transcendental to everything we see. All the actions of Lord which you misunderstand are done to attract every good person to HIMSELF. This is not due to lust of any kind.

Only when the minds of sinful beings like you are attracted towards Lord Krishna(GOD) would there be purification of hearts, not by praying to dead human being born through nmarried underaged girl.

Guest guest

if it is like that, what will be asked to a professional killer?

Hmmm..Glaring ignorance on Scriptures displayed here and yet you fools act and ask questions as though you know everything in judgement.

Kshatrita means one who protects innocent from harm.

A Kshatriya is a ruler or administrator of a country's affairs.

A Kshatriya's duty as ordained by Vedas is

1. To ensure prosperity of nation spiritually and materially.

2. To ensure all innocent people are protected.

3. To punish perpetrators of Adharma appropriately.

4. A king is required to take only what is necessary for him from treasury.

5. All kshatriyas are required to even give up their life in their duty to establish Dharma(righteousness).

will krishna ask him to kill innocents since it is his duty?

Fool, did you read the explanation on AtatAyis. If you are not here to learn then just go away and do not ask nonsense questions which is already answered.

This is not about whimsical killing. This is about stopping adharma(unrighteous actions) by teaching AtatAyis a lesson.

Guest guest

but, here i see that even mature people are supporting evil only bcoz their mythical hero is supposed to have said to do that.

First you have not proven that what is taught is Bhagavad Gita is evil ? Please prove it as all of your arguments have been sufficently answered.

Secondly, Lord Krishna is no mythical hero. Of course there is reference to HIM in Jain books. jainism is another atheistic religion in India. These people considered Lord Krishna as a real person, except Hindus.

Lord Krishna is GOD and no amount of research can prove or disprove HIS existence.

Your or anybody's lack of knowledge cannot disprove that Lord Krishna is GOD also. As for proving that HE is GOD, we are not interested in proving anything to mlechchhas(barbarians).

Guest guest

Hey Kiddie!

You need to behave otherwise be ready to be spanked. While as a child you have right to ask stupid questions but within the decent limits.

You know kiddie, police have to catch thieves, robbers, criminals and put them behind bars or even beat them if necessary. They are not being brutal because if they don't do it these people will kill innocent people.

Similarly, SriKrishna asked Arjuna to kill 'bad' people as they were like criminals, misbehaving, robbing, stealing, killing innocent people.Bad people need to be treated with toughness.

Got it.