IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jagat

Suggestion to Moderator

Rate this topic

Haribol Prabhu,

How about inversing the order of posts, so that the last post shows first? This would mean that when there are multiple pages in a thread, one needn't click a second time to catch the last post.

This was done on VNN Forums and seemed to work quite well. What do others think?

Dandavats to you and your service,

Jagat

But Jagat you still would scroll down to see if the top post had any before it.Then have to scroll back to the top of the post to begin.Kind of the same thing,I'm not sure it would matter much.It's fine this way I think.

I also remember people suggesting that VNN change to this style.

JNdas, I wouldn't put any time into a change if I were you.Things are cruising along quite Ok.

MC

I may not be understanding exactly what is being asked. Does this mean that everything will be backwards and upside down? Like have the newest threads at the top, and the original posting at the bottom? If so, personally I don't think I would like that. I like to go in a logical order when reading the postings of others. Going backwards just seems odd to me.

Gauracandra

That's the problem Gaurachandra.You would have to scroll down to find the first of the latest posts then work your way back up.That means reading the post then scrolling back up to read the next post then scrolling up again.Up and down up and down.

randOM I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the different pages.When there is more than one page it gives you a choice of pg 1 or 2 or 3 right next to the thread title.

Why try to make work for JNdas? Things are fine.

Originally posted by Maitreya:

That's the problem Gaurachandra.You would have to scroll down to find the first of the latest posts then work your way back up.That means reading the post then scrolling back up to read the next post then scrolling up again.Up and down up and down.

randOM I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the different pages.When there is more than one page it gives you a choice of pg 1 or 2 or 3 right next to the thread title.

Why try to make work for JNdas? Things are fine.

AGREED! Thanks, JnDas.

Dear JN Prabhu,

I don't want to revive this suggestion if this does create an inordinate amount of work for you. But if Bhuta Bhavana and I can agree on something, it is almost like smashing the atom or breaking the sound barrier -- a major event.

Especially when a thread goes over a single page. When one posts, then one returns back to the first page of the thread and has to click to get to the next page. Then one has to refresh the page in order to see it with the new post. This is a little irritating for those with slower connections like myself.

The argument that one has to scroll down to find the beginning of new postings doesn't have much weight really, because one has to scroll around to find out where one left off anyway.

Perhaps more people could weigh in to let us know what they think. A simple for or against might indicate the general tendency of public opinion.

Your servant,

Jagadananda Das.

Left v Right, I agree with both, see, I knew that agreement would be forthcoming.

I personally like seeing the latest writings on the top of the page.

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

You obviously haven't been posting on any four-page threads. You post. Then you are sent automatically back to page 1. Then you click page 4 to see your post. It's not there. So you refresh and there it is. Surely this can be fixed. It seems that if you have the latest posting on page 1, this wouldn't happen.<small><font color=#f7f7f7>

[This message has been edited by Jagat (edited 08-08-2001).]

I have notice the non-appearing post phenomenon.It will show the time the post went in, but sometimes the post itself takes a long time to become visible.This I have even noticed on one page threads.Some threads will work fine while this is happening.

I saw this also on VNN from time to time.

That four page thread is too much for me anyway.I was trying to follow Satyaraja and became rather dizzy and gave up.It seemed to be revolving from pg.4 to 1 and back again.