Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

(unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have several friends who are in their mid second trimester who are not

vegan and felt as tired as you describe. I think sometimes first trimester

is just like this. It's easy to think it's your diet, when really lots of

pregnant women feel this way, regardless of their diet.

Having said that, you might find it helpful to make sure you eat regular

small meals throughout the day. I found in my pregnancies that having a

little extra protein in the morning instead of mostly after lunch and dinner

helped. So for example, I'd have soy sausages or bacon or peanut or almond

butter on toast in the morning instead of just cereal. I didn't INCREASE my

protein intake overall, just made sure to have some higher protein foods in

the morning.

Empress Stacey [zaijah2]

Friday, January 31, 2003 2:08 PM

vege parents

(unknown)

Vegan - for 5 years

Pregnant - 12 weeks

I have no energy at all. Can't do simple things without getting dizzy and

tired. Simple things like climbing the stairs. i think it is too early for

me to be feeling so lazy. does anyone know what i might be missing from my

diet? i really need to get back on track. i have a 6 year old daughter and

my son is eight months old. They need an energetic mommy.HELP ASAP!!

ONE LOVE

Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now

Guest guest

Every pregnancy is different. My second pregnancy was rough because I was #1

chasing around a 2 year old (you have 2 other children) and #2 I was nauseous

the entire 9 months. Try to consume up to 100gm of protein get as much sleep as

possible (is it at all possible with an 8 month old?) and drink lots and lots

and lots of water. Also remember that your body has only just recovered from

your last pregnancy.

Good luck,

Stephanie

-

Empress Stacey

vege parents

Friday, January 31, 2003 2:07 PM

(unknown)

Vegan - for 5 years

Pregnant - 12 weeks

I have no energy at all. Can't do simple things without getting dizzy and

tired. Simple things like climbing the stairs. i think it is too early for me to

be feeling so lazy. does anyone know what i might be missing from my diet? i

really need to get back on track. i have a 6 year old daughter and my son is

eight months old. They need an energetic mommy.HELP ASAP!!

ONE LOVE

Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now

Guest guest

HI Rachel - welcome - join in the chat.

Jo

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.435 / Virus Database: 244 - Release 30/12/02

Guest guest

In a message dated 2/26/2003 10:40:49 AM Central Standard Time, monkeyburger10 writes:

hello, im an english lass living in spain with a partner and 4 animals.if

anyone would like to chat with me that would be great...as you can imagine

i find very few veggies or vegans here.it would be nice to feel there are

actually other caring souls in this world. olula

there are many of us out here...

just hard to find...I mean, I don't know

any around where I live...but, you know,

that's the price you must pay...:)

Welcome to the group!!!

*kristen*

(I don't post much....)

Just forget me it's that simple

tbs

Guest guest

Hi, Rachael--I live across the pond (as they say), but I'm happy to cat with

you.

Danielle

----Original Message Follows----

" rachael kirk " <monkeyburger10

(unknown)

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:45:26 +0000

hello, im an english lass living in spain with a partner and 4 animals.if

anyone would like to chat with me that would be great...as you can imagine

i find very few veggies or vegans here.it would be nice to feel there are

actually other caring souls in this world. olula

Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental & pgmarket=en-gb & XAPID=186 & DI=1059

" Where is the questioning where is the protest song?

Since when is skepticism un-American?

Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same

Those who disagree are afraid to show their face " --Sleater-Kinney

The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

Guest guest

Meeeeoooowww too! Danielle Kichler <veggietart wrote:

I live across the pond (as they say), but I'm happy to cat with you.Danielle----Original Message Follows----"rachael kirk" <monkeyburger10 To: Subject: (unknown)Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:45:26 +0000hello, im an english lass living in spain with a partner and 4 animals.ifanyone would like to chat with me that would be great...as you can imaginei find very few veggies or vegans here.it would be nice to feel there areactually other caring souls in this world. olula_______________Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental & pgmarket=en-gb & XAPID=186 & DI=1059"Where is the questioning where is the protest song?Since when is skepticism un-American?Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the sameThose who disagree are afraid to show their face"--Sleater-Kinney_______________The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmailTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Danielle

> but I'm happy to cat with

> you.

Meeoow!? :-)

BB

Peter

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.435 / Virus Database: 244 - Release 30/12/02

Guest guest

In a message dated 2/27/2003 1:09:27 PM Central Standard Time, Heartwork writes:

Kristen

We can't forget you now you have posted, so don't be silent for too long :-)

Jo

Thanks, Jo...

I will try to post more often...:)

*kristen*

(feels the love in this group...)

Just forget me it's that simple

tbs

Guest guest

Kristen

We can't forget you now you have posted, so don't be silent for too long :-)

Jo

*kristen*(I don't post much....)Just forget me it's that simpletbs

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.435 / Virus Database: 244 - Release 30/12/02

Guest guest

I meant " chat " ! Oops, typo.

I meant to respond earlier, but every once in a while, my e-groups

account will change my e-mail to bounce, and I don't know why.

, Saoirse Soya <saoirse_soya>

wrote:

>

> Meeeeoooowww too!

> Danielle Kichler <veggietart@h...> wrote:I live across the pond

(as they say), but I'm happy to cat with you.

>

> Danielle

>

>

> ----Original Message Follows----

> " rachael kirk " <monkeyburger10@h...>

>

>

> (unknown)

> Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:45:26 +0000

>

> hello, im an english lass living in spain with a partner and 4

animals.if

> anyone would like to chat with me that would be great...as you can

imagine

> i find very few veggies or vegans here.it would be nice to feel

there are

> actually other caring souls in this world. olula

>

>

>

>

>

> _______________

> Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8

> http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental & pgmarket=en-

gb & XAPID=186 & DI=1059

>

>

>

>

> " Where is the questioning where is the protest song?

> Since when is skepticism un-American?

> Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same

> Those who disagree are afraid to show their face " --Sleater-Kinney

>

> _______________

> The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*

> http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

>

>

>

Guest guest

Welcome to the group Michelle. Its very nice to hear from you. I hope you

find it useful here.

Laura :)

>Michelle Dickerson <madspirit46

>Hello,

>My name is Michelle and I recently joined this group.

>I am a 50ish person and have been a vegetarian

>(lacto-ovo) for approximately 23 years...

Stay in touch with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Guest guest

Welcome Michelle.

I have never tried jazzercise..sounds like fun :-) I have done aqua fit in the water and enjoyed it as a cross trainer from my running. What more peaceful place can you find than in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina to do tai chi.

Take Care, Bridget

Michelle Dickerson <madspirit46 wrote:

Hello,My name is Michelle and I recently joined this group.I am a 50ish person and have been a vegetarian(lacto-ovo) for approximately 23 years. I lost 20+pounds acouple of years ago and have been working hard to keepthe weight off. I enjoy cooking and trying newrecipes. I have d to Veg Times for manyyears but the amount of calories in many of theirrecipes is more than I want to allow for myself. I aminterested in finding more tasty low calorievegetarianrecipes. For exercise I jazzercise 2-3 times a weekand tai chi daily. I live in the beautiful mountainsof North Carolina. If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van GoghPost your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

Hi again:

Pizza is surprisingly really good food--it has all the basic food groups rolled up into one thing.

You might want to try a low-fat soy or tofu based deli topping (pepperoni-like or burger-like stuff). You can also go with rice or soy cheese (amazingly low in calories) or (if you are ovo-lacto) a low-fat mozzarella. Limit the amounts of these relatively higher-calorie toppings, but pile on the tomato sauce and veggies.

The key is to limit yourself to one or two slices (I know I know--it's difficult, which is why pizza is pretty much a no-no with me). <--I could --and will-- eat the whole thing . . .

~Laura

If it's meant to be,

It will be.

Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!

Guest guest

opheliapink <opheliapink wrote:

10) Is there anything else you'd like to share with the group?can't think of anything except i've been trying to find a good recipe for low fat pizza, i love pizza but the cheese and toppings can be a killer.Hello Laura

I don't have a recipe for you. I'd just like to suggest a microwavable pizza you might like. At the market check the frozen foods section for "Morning Star supreme pizza".

This pizza is great, it has a soy based sausage product that tastes similiar to real sausage. The pizza also has yummy mushrooms,onions,green peppers, and,tomatoes.

The pizza is small so you could make a meal out of it and still be satisfied. This pizza is reasonably healthy and low fat.

I hope this helps you, I'll also try to track down a healthy and tasty vegetarian pizza recipe for you.

"Peacetoall"

Angel :)

Guest guest

Welcome Carrie :-)

Oceantide <oceantide64 wrote:

The Questionnaire1) What is your name or what would you like to be called?Carrie2) How old are you (roughly)? 393) Where do you live (city/country)? Philadelphia,PA USAIf you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van GoghPost your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

Bernard Colvin was trying to discuss a date with you for the ramble he is organising, because you had shown an interest, but when he tried to ask you which date you preferred your email bounced.

Here are the details of what he has organised in case you didn't see it already (I posted on this group a while ago but there have been a lot of messages since).

Lesley

Bernard and Ruth's Ramble round the Stoker's Lake Reserve in Rickmansworth will be on Sun 27th April.Meet them at the notice board at the side of the car park at the Aquadrome at 2 pm.The walk should take approx 1 hour. Tesco is a few minutes drive away for anyone who would like to combine a walk with shopping.Stoker's Lake supports a large variety of water birds. It covers an area of 93.4 acres and contains many wooded islands. It is managed by Herts & Middx Wildlife Trust.Contact: Bernard on bernard_colvin

ritchie clark [littleritchie15]18 April 2003 14:33 Subject: (unknown)=== Questions about you ===1/ What is your name (or what do you like to be called)?Ritchie2/ How old are you (a rough idea will do)?353/ Do you know many vegans in real life?loads4/ How long have you been a vegan, and how long vegetarian before that?nearly 2 yrs about ten5/ Why did you become vegetarian/vegan (if you are neither it would be useful toexplain why you joined this list)?A friend told me about the cruelty of factory farming, I later read assault and battery by Mark Gold and that was it I knew I could never put an animal in my mouth again, i gave up eggs and milk staight away fish was initially my weak point.Vegan cos became involved in animal rights became vegan as i learnt more found cheese and guiness the hardest to give up or would have been vegan 3yrs ago=== Questions about your area ===6/ Whereabouts do you live?bedford7/ How good a place is it for vegans?three whole food shops no vegan/vegitarian restraunts but veggie world in bletchly is not far i have a pub which makes me vegan food and two take aways=== Questions for fun ===8/ Which is your favourite type of bean?kidney9/ What is your favourite country, or region, to visit?tough one never go same place twice abroad love anywhere with a bit of wilderness Wales, Scotland10/ What types of film do you like?all even pants ones escapeism you cant beat it last film most enjoyed 28days later11/ What was the last meal you ate?sage majarom tofu sausage sandwich this morning well lunch time really12/ Are you a morning, evening or night person?night=== Questions for dull administrative purposes ===13/ How did you find out about this list?fed up with american groups thought i would change my search thingy and put uk in=== Other comments ===14/ If there is anything else you want to add to the above please feel free todo so.listen to all sorts of music love moby and coldplay most of all at mo but very fickleThank you for completing a profile.BEFORE REPLYING PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE CHANGED THE ADDRESS AS NOTED ABOVE._______________Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8 http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental & pgmarket=en-gb & XAPID=186 & DI=1059~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Hi Surya and Jani

Welcome to the list.

Jo

-

Surya Burdick

Monday, April 21, 2003 7:21 PM

(unknown)

Hi, I am very new to these chats so please feel free to correct anything i'm doing wrong. I have recently gone from vegetarian to vegan, I tried earlier this year and fell of the vegan wagon with some cheese, milk, ect. Oh well. So I am trying and need some support.

I am a mom to two wonderful young children, 31 years old, from California, pretty liberal politically and very protective of the environment, I am trying to eat vegan for health and animal rights issues, as well as environmental issues. I do not wear leather so that's a good start. :) I am married and a stay at home mom.

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Surya,

someone once said veganism is a journey, not a destination. Don't feel too

bad about your slip-ups--unless we prepare all our own food or dine only in

restaurants that are vegan, we're bound to err. You're newly vegan, and

it's an adjustment period.

Of course, I'm a newbie, too. I went from ovo-lacto to vegan in a matter of

months, and I know I'm not perfect, but at least I try.

Danielle

" You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake " --Jeanette Rankin

----Original Message Follows----

Surya Burdick <californiagnomes

(unknown)

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:21:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I am very new to these chats so please feel free to correct

anything i'm doing wrong. I have recently gone from vegetarian to vegan, I

tried earlier this year and fell of the vegan wagon with some cheese, milk,

ect. Oh well. So I am trying and need some support. I am a mom to two

wonderful young children, 31 years old, from California, pretty liberal

politically and very protective of the environment, I am trying to eat vegan

for health and animal rights issues, as well as environmental issues. I do

not wear leather so that's a good start. :) I am married and a stay at home

mom.

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

Guest guest

I get very confused at the grocery store trying to find vegan. SOmetimes it says dairy fre but contains milk rennant so I don't buy it, or it seems vegan by all accounts but it is an obvious vegetarian product that should say vegan if it is, therefore I figure it's not somehow. I'm probably slipping a little dairy into my food at this point by accident. I'm glad to have this new group, I learn alot. Danielle Kichler <veggietart wrote:

Surya,someone once said veganism is a journey, not a destination. Don't feel too bad about your slip-ups--unless we prepare all our own food or dine only in restaurants that are vegan, we're bound to err. You're newly vegan, and it's an adjustment period.Of course, I'm a newbie, too. I went from ovo-lacto to vegan in a matter of months, and I know I'm not perfect, but at least I try.Danielle"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake"--Jeanette Rankin----Original Message Follows----Surya Burdick <californiagnomes To: Subject: (unknown)Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:21:05 -0700 (PDT)Hi, I am very new to these chats so please feel free to correct anything i'm doing wrong. I have recently gone from vegetarian to vegan, I tried earlier this year and fell of the vegan wagon with some cheese, milk, ect. Oh well. So I am trying and need some support. I am a mom to two wonderful young children, 31 years old, from California, pretty liberal politically and very protective of the environment, I am trying to eat vegan for health and animal rights issues, as well as environmental issues. I do not wear leather so that's a good start. :) I am married and a stay at home mom.The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo._______________STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmailTo send an email to -

Guest guest

hi surya,

welcome to our world of trying to succeed at living as vegans.........i became a vegan this january..........overnite my life changed in so many ways.........i cart food to work so that i am not led astray by the local offerings of cheese sandwiches............all my family live in wales and i will have to cart dhal with me when i next visit, or yes, it might be cheese or salad or........!!............i have stopped eating out because there are no vegan restua

arants in my area...........it all sounds difficult.........but i am more energised, my skin has cleared up completely.................i feel less clogged up by crap that i was eating............

i cant say i havent slipped............i was out on visits at work, and i have diabetes and i had a low sugar experience and i had to have a cheese sadnwich three weeks ago to get through the trip home.........

i had hoped i would loose weight being vegan, but not an ounce!!!!!!!!!

and i feel like i am turning into a chick pea............you see, there are evn laughs to be had!!!!!!

good luck

catherine

>"Danielle Kichler"

> > >Re: (unknown) >Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:36:39 -0400 > >Surya, > >someone once said veganism is a journey, not a destination. Don't feel too >bad about your slip-ups--unless we prepare all our own food or dine only in >restaurants that are vegan, we're bound to err. You're newly vegan, and >it's an adjustment period. > >Of course, I'm a newbie, too. I went from ovo-lacto to vegan in a matter of >months, and I know I'm not perfect, but at least I try. > >Danielle > > > >"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake"--Jeanette Rankin > > > > > >----Original Message Follows---- >Surya Burdick

> > > (unknown) >Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:21:05 -0700 (PDT) > >Hi, I am very new to these chats so please feel free to correct >anything i'm doing wrong. I have recently gone from vegetarian to vegan, I >tried earlier this year and fell of the vegan wagon with some cheese, milk, >ect. Oh well. So I am trying and need some support. I am a mom to two >wonderful young children, 31 years old, from California, pretty liberal >politically and very protective of the environment, I am trying to eat vegan >for health and animal rights issues, as well as environmental issues. I do >not wear leather so that's a good start. :) I am married and a stay at home >mom. > > > > >The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. > > >_______________ >STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* >http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail > Chat with friends online - download MSN Messenger today.

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/23/03 9:07:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jason writes:

First of all, packages that say "dairy free" should be free of all dairy

products. If they have milk products- they should say "non-dairy"

ah..but even some "dairy free" products can have traces of dairy, if they are run on the same equipment, like Silk...

Guest guest

Surya Burdick wrote:

> I get very confused at the grocery store trying to find vegan. SOmetimes

> it says dairy fre but contains milk rennant so I don't buy it, or it

> seems vegan by all accounts but it is an obvious vegetarian product that

> should say vegan if it is, therefore I figure it's not somehow. I'm

> probably slipping a little dairy into my food at this point by accident.

> I'm glad to have this new group, I learn alot.

First of all, packages that say " dairy free " should be free of all dairy

products. If they have milk products- they should say " non-dairy "

I agree that I wish products said " Vegan " on them somewhere. But then

again, could you necessarily trust the company to even know what Vegan

meant?

Personally, I like looking at the labels. Makes me feel more in control,

and you learn all sorts of things about food that you didn't know.

For instance, I found a vegetable soup (by progresso, or cambells) that

had beef fat in it not for flavor, but for COLOR. You can't imagine how

much this pissed me off: I understand using it for flavor, or even

consistence. But color? Jesus christ, I have a brown color in my pantry!

--

Jason M. Abels

http://jason.abels.us/

" Once and for all, I'm far away. Hardly believe, finally the shades are

raised " - Rearviewmirror, Pearl Jam

Guest guest

I have never gotten confused ate the grocery store,

just frustrated. Being vegan, I found out immidiately,

entails reading every single ingredient list that you

come across. Many things won't be labeled vegetarian,

because it may have just been accident that the item

tastes good without animal products. (You get to

thinking that everything has something animal-derived

in it.) The first week that I became vegan I ended up

crying, realizing that it was pretty hard. Now I have

acclimatized, and I realize that you only have to read

a label once. I think the first week was something

akin to being hazed. :) Being vegan now is second

nature. Have a good day everyone!

Sarah

--- Surya Burdick <californiagnomes wrote:

> I get very confused at the grocery store trying to

> find vegan. SOmetimes it says dairy fre but contains

> milk rennant so I don't buy it, or it seems vegan by

> all accounts but it is an obvious vegetarian product

> that should say vegan if it is, therefore I figure

> it's not somehow. I'm probably slipping a little

> dairy into my food at this point by accident. I'm

> glad to have this new group, I learn alot.

>

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo

http://search.

Guest guest

EBbrewpunx wrote:

> In a message dated 4/23/03 9:07:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

> jason writes:

>

>>

>> First of all, packages that say " dairy free " should be free of all dairy

>> products. If they have milk products- they should say " non-dairy "

>

Well, I'm not particularly concerned about what my food my have touched.

I'm more worried about what's in my food.

--

Jason M. Abels

http://jason.abels.us/

" Once and for all, I'm far away. Hardly believe, finally the shades are

raised " - Rearviewmirror, Pearl Jam