IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sanskruti

I have been thinking about Krishna lately ...

Rate this topic

but I am not entirely Hindu because I come from a Jain family. My family pray to Hindu Gods but do not know much about Hinduism. They have not read the Gita. I have only just started to read the Gita. What is it that draws people to him? You know I was actually an atheist about a few weeks ago but now I feel odd and Krishna is making more and more sense to me. So what is it that attracts you to him?

Krishna is the leela purushottam - with his maya he creates and yet remains out of maya... he inspires love and yet he loves not for he is also the "nirmohiya" he is everything and yet he is nothing... he is zero and he is infinity... whenever u search for truth u will always find him there smiling and hidden in a veil behind the ultimate truth... his actions his thoughts and his very calm persona all attract people to him...

if u are a fickle lover you will be attrcted to his physical form

if you are a poet or musician you will fall in love with his flute

if you are a mischivious soul you can not help falling in love with the mischivious maakhanchot...

and if you are a wise seeker of truth you shall fall in love with the sublimity of his thoughts...

to each his own...

but I am not entirely Hindu because I come from a Jain family. My family pray to Hindu Gods but do not know much about Hinduism. They have not read the Gita. I have only just started to read the Gita. What is it that draws people to him? You know I was actually an atheist about a few weeks ago but now I feel odd and Krishna is making more and more sense to me. So what is it that attracts you to him?

Even being an atheist requires having a belief system. It sounds like you went from one belief system that your family gave you to another and neither worked for you so you are considering a third belief system. You are asking us to sell you Krishna. What I would like to suggest is taking some time out from beliefs and just see how not knowing feels for a while first. It will definitely be uncomfortable. If you can do it for a month or two and then you decide to go with Krishna, though, you won't have to wonder if you jumped into it too quickly and maybe some other belief system out there may have been more to your liking.

It sounds like you went from one belief system that your family gave you to another and neither worked for you so you are considering a third belief system.

When things are not explained to you they do not make sense. I was told there are gods but nothing else. I began to question and question and still got no answers. I started to question in my early teens. They believed Krishna, of course, but they did not answer my questions because none of them read the Gita or any other religious scripture. It was and has been anything goes in my family. So they believed in Krishna, Maa, Buddha, 24 Tirthankaras... etc. All this seemed all too confusing. What did I do then? I rejected it. I respect Buddhism (being nuetral on the subject of god) and Jainism (being atheistic) as a philosophy. They are NOT religions for me. In fact, my family do not even know that Jainism is an atheistic philosphy.

Also, I am saying Krishna is making more and more sense to me. I am not saying I have become a believer completely. I am serious about this. But thank you for your advice. I do not think it is wrong to learn about him from other believers. In a sense I did ask you to "sell" him to me, but I never meant sell him to me like a commodity. I meant share what your experiences are with him, but I meant that in a respectful way. What are forums for? For learning after all.

I have taken time out of beliefs. Plenty of time. Atheists do not live each day chanting "there is no god, there is no god". The thought does not come into your head every minute of the day. Therefore, it does not require belief to be an atheist. When you are born, do you have a belief system? A baby has no belief system at all. Information is fed into your brain. I did not have much knowledge of science or evolution when I became an atheist. I still suck at science. I guess it is a belief system to a believer though.

I am only trying to learn. Please guys, do not try to make it difficult for me or try to discourage me. I have been doing a bit of research about Jesus and Krishna and I have found so many simularaties which has made me do some thinking. Doesn't mean I will become Hindu. Doesn't mean I'll become Christian. Doesn't mean I'll become Muslim. I also do NOT believe that religion is a belief system, it is a way of life to those who follow it and accept it. But whatever I accept (and if I do), its got to be a path that accepts all paths and discriminates none. This is what draws me to Krishna.

Thank you.

Krishna is the leela purushottam - with his maya he creates and yet remains out of maya... he inspires love and yet he loves not for he is also the "nirmohiya" he is everything and yet he is nothing... he is zero and he is infinity... whenever u search for truth u will always find him there smiling and hidden in a veil behind the ultimate truth... his actions his thoughts and his very calm persona all attract people to him...

if u are a fickle lover you will be attrcted to his physical form

if you are a poet or musician you will fall in love with his flute

if you are a mischivious soul you can not help falling in love with the mischivious maakhanchot...

and if you are a wise seeker of truth you shall fall in love with the sublimity of his thoughts...

to each his own...

That is so sweet :)

what attracts me to krsna is his lilas and also that he is my eternal and my spiritual father :D

Awww :D. Thank you to both of you.

I will still say that an atheist has beliefs, because until you die you can't know what will follow. An atheist believes that there is nothing out there. A negative cannot be proven. An atheist can only feel that certain beliefs are correct. It is the same way with a religious person.

I will still say that an atheist has beliefs, because until you die you can't know what will follow. An atheist believes that there is nothing out there. A negative cannot be proven. An atheist can only feel that certain beliefs are correct. It is the same way with a religious person.

Okay then. I can kind of see where you are coming from. I have actually struggled with the idea of creationism for a very long time, and now I'm probably even more confused :eek:. I am probably more of a pantheist though (nature is god, god is nature). It's okay, all part of the learning process. Who knows where my search will take me.

I feel very confused at times too.

I and we cannot even completely define the following:

Truths.

Emotions.

Feelings.

Dream Paradox.

Existence Paradox.

Beliefs.

Thoughts.

Soul Paradox.

Non-existence Paradox?

Supreme Reality Paradox?

All ignorance and illusion.

It is as if someone, God(?), put everyone into some type of dream. Called Maya.

Yes, just stick to the process of Krishna consciousness and Krishna will protect us from maya (unless he wants to test us).

My problem with that is that it seems to be a fill-in-the-blank thing. Krishna, Buddha, Christ, Cosmic, whatever. Flavor-of-the-day Consciousness. If you can imagine it you can immerse yourself in it whether it is real or not. All you are going to have to show for it is that there are other people who share your preference for a label.

Yes, just stick to the process of Krishna consciousness and Krishna will protect us from maya (unless he wants to test us).

Protect oneself from maya instead of using higher excuses. Yes, unless he wants to test us.

Hiya Sanskruti,

i can understand how you feel as i am going through a similar thing right now. i have been buddhist for most of my life but after some strange things happened i began to reconsider, i came to this board still as a buddhist but now am feeling very drawn to krishna. so please know that you are not alone. i too am curious to hear of others experiences.

peace and blessings. :)

hare krishna sanskruti

i just registered myself here so that i cud write in to you.

i hope you continue to be attracted towards krishna... because this attraction when solidifies to love for Him, your life here will be complete.

it needs intelligence to come to even to the stage of attraction. life around us generally keeps us so busy and bound that we hardly care to even think about these subtle things. so if somehow by His mercy only you feel drawn to him ... you must consider yourself fortunate.

theres no meaning to a life lead if it doesnt lead you towards love. they say love makes the world go round... i realized the truth in this only after falling for krishna. its just that we need to work pretty hard to learn what love actually means.

krishna is truth...he is the ultimate reality. once you know this ...everything about Him will attract you. his names , his form, his lilas, his qualities, his abode .... just everything about him

'krishna' as a word means all attractive..so you can understand.

so please concentrate onto understanding the truth... dont get emotional ..the truth will lead you to a logical understanding of everything.

and the faith born out of it will be the faith required to love krishna !!

all the best

True Indeed! Notice the modern day Monks of Buddha. They believe they are Athiestic [which they appear to be], however Buddha is Krishna.

Krishna had such mercy upon the Athiests at the time that he descended as Lord Buddha to lead the Athiests to God indirectly. He said, Yes there is No God, so Take Shelter of Me and forget about this Material Nature. While they are saying forget about God there is no God, let us worship our Buddha, THEY ARE WORSHIPPING THE SUPREME LORD INDIRECTLY ! Such Mercy from Lord Krishna. Even those without religion get mercy of him. Even Cats and Dogs dont starve.

Hare Krishna

I tend to believe in Krishna or at the very least to find it to be a very interesting and beautiful explanation of our existence but I also tend to think he is the God behind Christianity as well and that doesn't sit very well with a lot of Vaisnavas but I don't get the sense that Prabhupada had any problem with people having affection for both Jesus and Krishna so in the end I try to keep my affection for both but I will probably never be accepted by the Vaisnava community.

Dear Sanskruti,

I would advise you to pls listen the discourse of Jagatguru Kripaluji Maharaj (fifth mool jagat guru) on Sanskar TV at 7.30 pm(Indian time).You yourself will come to know why Krishna attracts so much.

Lord Krishna is the most beautiful incarnation of Lord Narayana.The word Krishna means one who attracts.In Krishna Lilla, Lord Narayana has displayed all his transcedental qualities which was not displayed in other avtaars.Also start reading Bhagavatam where you will find in detail about Krishna Lilla.

Above all do satsang which will clear all your doubts.It will lead you to Krishna bhakti.

Pranaam

I can totally relate to how you feel! I don't have the most vast knowledge about Lord Krishna or anything...I am from a Muslim family!!!!!! You can just imagine just how weird that might be. Even stranger is that my mom sort of converges her muslim beliefs with beliefs in Krishna...Though she doesn't really talk about it a lot. It's "taboo" but my entire family, even my grandfather had beliefs in deities.

But I am most definitely pulled into the all-attractive qualities of the golden one. Since I was a child, it was always his eyes that drew me. No matter what picture it was...Krishna's eyes...They would have me locked-into his gaze, and I would stand there, staring, until my mom pulled me out of the puja shop. His celestial ominance, strength and incredible mercy....His playfulness....His life......His words...His ways....He is what exists in all of us, in everything....What makes us whole, what brings us back to "the essence".

That said, I know I'm not using any technical terms, so I hope I don't offend or put anybody off. I'm just trying to put into words what draws me to Lord Krishna.

Blessings to you...And I hope you do continue to follow your soul's intuition, it will never steer you wrong :) Hare Krishna