IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Where Does Evil Originate?

Rate this topic

There is only one Original Root. I would think that evil would cease to exist in the consciousness of a transcendental devotee who knows only Krsna.

Isn't this what BR Sridhar Maharaja meant by telling us "The environment is friendly?" Afterall the environment is Krsna.

Isn't this what BR Sridhar Maharaja meant by telling us "The environment is friendly?"

Sure, but that doesn't mean that "it is all good man......"

The environment is friendly.

So, the ISKCON environment became polluted and unacceptable so that means that the environment was pushing many of us out of ISKCON and away from the defunt GBC.

Krishna gives us impetus and direction within the environment.

So, the environment in ISKCON encouraged many devotees to leave.

It was the will of Krishna.

This is a big problem in discussing theology with the christian (or any other religion, for that matter). Their conception of good and evil is outside the self, therefore, they are mayavadi, meaning illusion is all powerful, able to compete with God, etc They have this big battle for our souls going on as if we were worth it all.

But our answer is that Krsna is the source of all evil. He is the cause of all causes, nothing is independent of Him. He has forms, both incarnations as well as subservient demigods, that to a christian are like the devil. Yama, Siva, Durga, Nrsmhadeva, Lord Sesa Balarama, all these woulkd surely disturb the religionist who thinks of god as a nebulous old dude worried about all the evil in the world. He appears to different folks in different ways as confirmed in Bhagavad Gita, the actual verses posted recently on a good thread. To the atheist, he is Death, and this is the most fearful form in the material world, no demon, ghost, spectre, no one can match the fearfulness imposed by Lord Yamaraja and his faithful servants. And as we see in the story of Ajamila, these terrible evil forces have no effect on one who has even inadvertantly uttered the names of the Supreme Lord.

So, Krsna is where the evil is, deal with it.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

There is only one Original Root. I would think that evil would cease to exist in the consciousness of a transcendental devotee who knows only Krsna.

Isn't this what BR Sridhar Maharaja meant by telling us "The environment is friendly?" Afterall the environment is Krsna.

But I am speaking of the consciousness of a transcendental devotee. Not you or I who are afflicted by good and evil, happiness and distress. It seems to me a thoughly Krsna conscious person would not experience resentment towards the GBC or anyone else for any action. So even if someone approaches him with evil intent to do him harm he sees the all benevolent hand of Krsna behind it all.

Someone without that vision would feel harmed by the evildoer and thus consider himself justified in some act of revenge thus entangling himself further in samsara.

So evil is real but illusory. There is no evil in Godhead consciousness.

The Bible agrees with you (thanks to Shobana for pointing this out):

Isaiah 45:7 (King James Version)

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

It's interesting to note that later translators have altered the meaning somewhat:

Isaiah 45:7 (New International Version)

I form the light and create darkness,

I bring prosperity and create disaster;

I, the LORD, do all these things.

This is a big problem in discussing theology with the christian (or any other religion, for that matter). Their conception of good and evil is outside the self, therefore, they are mayavadi, meaning illusion is all powerful, able to compete with God, etc They have this big battle for our souls going on as if we were worth it all.

But our answer is that Krsna is the source of all evil. He is the cause of all causes, nothing is independent of Him. He has forms, both incarnations as well as subservient demigods, that to a christian are like the devil. Yama, Siva, Durga, Nrsmhadeva, Lord Sesa Balarama, all these woulkd surely disturb the religionist who thinks of god as a nebulous old dude worried about all the evil in the world. He appears to different folks in different ways as confirmed in Bhagavad Gita, the actual verses posted recently on a good thread. To the atheist, he is Death, and this is the most fearful form in the material world, no demon, ghost, spectre, no one can match the fearfulness imposed by Lord Yamaraja and his faithful servants. And as we see in the story of Ajamila, these terrible evil forces have no effect on one who has even inadvertantly uttered the names of the Supreme Lord.

So, Krsna is where the evil is, deal with it.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Evil is when love of God gets transformed into lust and the desire to enjoy without pleasing Krishna in the process.

Evil is selfish desire.

The desire to enjoy without giving pleasure to Krishna is evil.

I am full of evil.

Does that make me the devil?

Probably.:pray:

I took Jesus on the mount and offered him great cities if he would worship me, but he wasn't buying it.

Evil is when love of God gets transformed into lust and the desire to enjoy without pleasing Krishna in the process.

Evil is selfish desire.

The desire to enjoy without giving pleasure to Krishna is evil.

I am full of evil.

Does that make me the devil?

Probably.:pray:

I took Jesus on the mount and offered him great cities if he would worship me, but he wasn't buying it.

Nah. More illusions of granduer. You are like the rest of us little mixed up demons who want to become devotees.... kinda. Maybe you have just listened to the Stones singing Sympathy for the Devil too many times.:D

We are not in the state of mind to understand the Maya and all those and Krisna and all like him. We are not in that consciousness. Time never returns. Once gone ...gone forever. Like season, people, even great masters gone once are gone forever. Never again their time gonna prevail again. It is ture that follower of that particular master be arising but won't spread than among few millions. The time has changed and the time will witness a different master. Krsna was recognized after 300 years of his death and suchis the case with Buddha and others. Next 300 years will see another person. But its up to the person whether to find the truth or not.

We are not in the state of mind to understand the Maya and all those and Krisna and all like him. We are not in that consciousness. Time never returns. Once gone ...gone forever. Like season, people, even great masters gone once are gone forever. Never again their time gonna prevail again. It is ture that follower of that particular master be arising but won't spread than among few millions. The time has changed and the time will witness a different master. Krsna was recognized after 300 years of his death and suchis the case with Buddha and others. Next 300 years will see another person. But its up to the person whether to find the truth or not.

That is not the path or process that Vaishnavas follow.

Vaishnavas follow the teachings of Krishna in Bhagavad Gita and the knowledge of Bhagavat Purana and all the writings and teachings of the disciples of Mahaprabhu Sri Chaitanya.

Don't be so quick to put down the path of others and say your Kundalini is the only way.

Lord Krishna does not say Kundalini is the only way.

Lord Krishna says that the topmost yoga practice is to surrender to him as the supreme God and serve him with love.

Lord Krishna does not teach Kundalini yoga.

Lord Krishna teaches that Bhakti-yoga is the best path for self-realization.

Nobody in modern life can practice Kundalini yoga, but Bhakti yoga is very natural and simple for people and also very effective to achieve self-realization.

Mahaprabhu taught the method of chanting the Maha-mantra.

That is what the Gaudiya Vaishnavas follow.

They don't follow Kundalini and Kundalini is NOT the only way.

Nah. More illusions of granduer. You are like the rest of us little mixed up demons who want to become devotees.... kinda. Maybe you have just listened to the Stones singing Sympathy for the Devil too many times.:D

Had to laugh, theist, this is what Srila Prabhupada quipped to a disciple who was always saying he is the most fallen. Prabhupada noted that Srila Bhaktivinode says he is the most fallen, then went on to say his disciples all had this need for a superlative position. He said we arent the most anything, we are simply insignificant. Jagger is one of those who pretend. He, too, is insignificant, I wish Brian Jones had the upper hand in their battle. Now "Her satanic majesty's Request", now there is a good record, their best, and as far as Im concerned, their last. Gomper and 2000 light years from home, true classics.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

PS Good pic, guruvani, you look hale and hearty in margaritaville. seen jimmy buffet around?

PS Good pic, guruvani, you look hale and hearty in margaritaville. seen jimmy buffet around?

Jimmy Buffet wasn't in the Philippines at that time.:D

I was chllin' at a little place waiting for my boat to arrive.

Had to laugh, theist, this is what Srila Prabhupada quipped to a disciple who was always saying he is the most fallen. Prabhupada noted that Srila Bhaktivinode says he is the most fallen, then went on to say his disciples all had this need for a superlative position. He said we arent the most anything, we are simply insignificant. Jagger is one of those who pretend. He, too, is insignificant, I wish Brian Jones had the upper hand in their battle. Now "Her satanic majesty's Request", now there is a good record, their best, and as far as Im concerned, their last. Gomper and 2000 light years from home, true classics.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Good pick up mahak. That Prabhupadaism is exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that.

Not to hijack the thread but here is another Prabhupadism that has made me laugh over and over throughout the years.

A disciple speaking to Srila Prabhupada told Srila Prabhupada that he no longer had any sex desire, as in he was now so advanced, and Srila Prabhupada answered with, "Oh, have you seen a doctor?" :D:D:D

Okay back to the evil that lies within.

What is evil?

Was Hiranyakasipu evil was Ravana evil, was Sisupal evil?

Apparently yes ask any of theirs victims, but then weren’t they also victim of circumstance.

What was their crime? Doing their job and then they chose three births so that they can be with their lord sooner. Was that evil?

How can the creation which is perfect also contain evil this I don’t get.

All I know is as Krishna says our mind is our friend as well as enemy. Also as he says

sri-bhagavan uvaca

kama esa krodha esa

rajo-guna-samudbhavah

mahasano maha-papma

viddhy enam iha vairinam

The Blessed Lord said: It is lust only, Arjuna, which is born of contact with the material modes of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring, sinful enemy of this world.(3.37)

So let us not look for evil in the world but eliminate the evil within.

Jai Shree Krishna

Not to be disrespectful but I used to perform a ditty titled "he be a funny mon", and it was a vyasapuja tribute, Srila Prabhupadas sense of humor is what I always referred to as "his divine grace."

I think the funniest was when the sanyassis were speaking of their vows, and one was showing his gloyy at not being affected by women, and Srila Prabhupada stopped him cold, saying "it is not renunciation when none would have you."

He be a funny mon, eh? His Divine Grace.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Not to be disrespectful but I used to perform a ditty titled "he be a funny mon", and it was a vyasapuja tribute, Srila Prabhupadas sense of humor is what I always referred to as "his divine grace."

I think the funniest was when the sanyassis were speaking of their vows, and one was showing his gloyy at not being affected by women, and Srila Prabhupada stopped him cold, saying "it is not renunciation when none would have you."

He be a funny mon, eh? His Divine Grace.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

LOL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:D:D:D:D