IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Rahu at it again?.... or going beyond myth?

Rate this topic

AS FAR AS RAMBLIN ALL OVER THE PLACE, WE SPEAKING MULTIVERSE HERE, i AM ALLOWED. (OOPS. Not yellin, my fingers slipped.

Didn't say you weren't allowed just noted that you weren't looking for conversation so I offered no reflection on what you said.

Relax mahak don't get your kaupins in a bunch. ;)

Moonshadow

by Cat Stevens

Oh, Im bein followed by a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow

Leapin and hoppin on a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow

And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plough, lose my land,

Oh if I ever lose my hands, oh if.... I wont have to work no more.

And if I ever lose my eyes, if my colours all run dry,

Yes if I ever lose my eyes, oh if.... I wont have to cry no more.

And if I ever lose my legs, I wont moan, and I wont beg,

Yes if I ever lose my legs, oh if.... I wont have to walk no more.

And if I ever lose my mouth, all my teeth, north and south,

Yes if I ever lose my mouth, oh if.... I wont have to talk...

Did it take long to find me? I asked the faithful light.

Did it take long to find me? and are you gonna stay the night?

So now a shadow of a planet is a separate planet? So does Rahu still exist after the eclipse is over. Must exist if there is a personality behind the earth's shadow.

And that must mean there is a personality behind every shadow doesn't. Like the shadow your body gives off. I would say the personality behind your bodies shadow is you the soul. Likewise the personality behind earth's shadow would be Bhumi.

But now it appears you folks are suggesting a separate personality for shadows. That doews not sound right to me.It is like saying that the aura given off by my mind has a personality behind it separate from myself.

So now a shadow of a planet is a separate planet?

Or, the invisible planet on the mental plane is hiding in the shadow realm.

I ain't gonna second guess the self-realized masters.

I will leave that exercise in stupidity to persons like you.

Disguised as a Yaksa, and holding his brothers in his diamond death noose as hostage to a correct answer, Yama asked his son, King Yudhisthira, who never has uttered a lie, to explain the cosmos. The correct answer, restoring the Pandavas to life the day before they went to hiding in their 13 year of exile, was "Black sky and empty space and nothing more."

I accept the Kings answer. It is not my concern, I dont even cross bridges, why is space aND rAHU AND FIGHTS BETWEEM SURAS AND ASURAS MY CONCERN..

I got graves to dig. mahaksadasa. (Maybe Im practicing to be a yamadhuta. What a cool job).

Your professor was either lazy or a bluff.

Well, I can't speak for my professor, but I sure am lazy!!

Reason is very limited. Reason has a hard time embracing simultaneous realities. Reason hankers for nice sequential chains of causes and effects. Reason chokes on whimsy.

U AND FIGHTS BETWEEM SURAS AND ASURAS MY CONCERN..

I got graves to dig. mahaksadasa. (Maybe Im practicing to be a yamadhuta. What a cool job).

Nope..... you are da Vishnuduta maaaaaaaaaaan!!!!:D

My daughter is a big fan of the Vishnudutas (Vishnuduttas?) ever since we watched the ITV puppet show about Ajamila.

The Yamaduttas scare her silly, though!

I tell her she'd best chant the Mahamantra all the time.

If we accept the planet, Rahu as that area which the earth blocks from the sun, then it is fitting that a demon would control it. The happiness of the sun is nowhere there. Sometimes this planet (the personality of the earth's shadow) travels in front of the moon. The pastime on the higher level is given in the Bhagavatam, but with this material understanding we can be happy with the scientific speculations as well. That will be the answer. How the upper pastimes are mapped into our physical reality could well be a fascinating study indeed. That is, if we hadn't been bitten by that poisonous snake.

Yes I asked t qeustion about why Bhumi the personality of the earth is not consider the personality of the sahdow also. Does my shadow have a separate personality. Does yours? How about the shadow of a building?

Does my shadow have a separate personality. Does yours?

If I remember correctly, the shadow of Peter Pan was a seperate personality from Peter.

I guess Peter Pan has more wisdom than you?

Of course, your shadow is a person.:wacko:

Everything is a person in the Vedic thought.

Well, I can't speak for my professor, but I sure am lazy!!

Reason is very limited. Reason has a hard time embracing simultaneous realities. Reason hankers for nice sequential chains of causes and effects. Reason chokes on whimsy.

So filling in all gaps in one's reason or not being able to give a reasonable answer to anothers reasonable inquiry by simple catch phrases like interdimensional reality or simultaneous realities satisfie's you. Not me. I don't have any need to understand everything nor do I try to but I also am not going to accept something as factual and not give any thought to it. I choose to not be a blind believer.

"Reason chokes on whimsy". Yeah that is what I am saying. I am choking on all this whimsy.

The same excuses could be used for Santa Claus riding on a reindeer sled with a bagfull of toys.

I'd rather be whimsical that chase my tail with circular logic.

Logic can take us only so far (and we often find ourself back where we started).

At some point, we need whimsy (also known as faith?).

So filling in all gaps in one's reason or not being able to give a reasonable answer to anothers reasonable inquiry by simple catch phrases like interdimensional reality or simultaneous realities satisfie's you. Not me. I don't have any need to understand everything nor do I try to but I also am not going to accept something as factual and not give any thought to it. I choose to not be a blind believer.

"Reason chokes on whimsy". Yeah that is what I am saying. I am choking on all this whimsy.

The same excuses could be used for Santa Claus riding on a reindeer sled with a bagfull of toys.

Or, as Srila Sridhar Maharaja would say "reason must retire when approaching the infinite".

What reasoning do we have?

Our reasoning got us in these bags of stool that we are so fond of.

Reason is for mental midgets.

Faith is the logic of the highest domain.

I'd rather be whimsical that chase my tail with circular logic.

Logic can take us only so far (and we often find ourself back where we started).

At some point, we need whimsy (also known as faith?).

I am not chasing circular logic as I take the simple position that such tales like Rahu the flying demon head trying to eat the sun and moon is a myth.

It is the rest of you that must wrestle with the contradictions. Especially those who like to call the scientists demons and fools. Once you criticize them then your own views are open to critique. I just tries to show you how easy it is to challenge your whimical statements.

This all goes to prove the wisdom ofPrabhupada's statement not to argue over the allegorical things in the Bhagavatam OR the speculations of the scientists but rather to concentrate on the essenc of the Bhagavatam.

So many seen to think the literal reading of myths IS the essence. I disagree with that.

Yes I asked t qeustion about why Bhumi the personality of the earth is not consider the personality of the sahdow also. Does my shadow have a separate personality. Does yours? How about the shadow of a building?
I'm sure some would say that I am now but a mere shadow of my former self.

Perhaps it is home for those who have offended Vivasvan and therefore can never see him. I imagine they would worship the earth much like neophyte religionists here worship the sun. So much like earth, Rahu could almost pass as a demigod when the nectar flowed. But then he lost his body and now he cannot move of his accord .... he must be dragged about by the earth and the sun forever.

These speculations I fantasize about are likely not valid, but they do suggest that there are probably many possible explanations to explore before we find the right one ... and the right one will be out there if this one seems to fit well enough for today. The ultimate story-teller likely has made this one both history and allegory; inconceivably, simultaneously, fact and metaphor for our benefit, like a puppet show a father plans for his kids.

I never accused you of employing circular logic. I merely pointed out that exercises in reasoning are often (if not always) futile ultimately when trying to comprehend things of a cosmic nature.

You are right that what matters is the essence.

At the same time, nobody is going to be eager to eat a handful of vitamins for dinner--even if they contain all the "essential" vitamins and minerals. We all hanker for some *flavor*.

There's a Spanish word "sabor" (savor?). Life is all about el sabor (accent above the "o", I believe). That's true for spiritual life as well as material life--Rasa anybody?

Whimsy is all about el sabor.

I forgot that for some years. I still forget from time to time.

I am not chasing circular logic as I take the simple position that such tales like Rahu the flying demon head trying to eat the sun and moon is a myth.

It is the rest of you that must wrestle with the contradictions. Especially those who like to call the scientists demons and fools. Once you criticize them then your own views are open to critique. I just tries to show you how easy it is to challenge your whimical statements.

This all goes to prove the wisdom ofPrabhupada's statement not to argue over the allegorical things in the Bhagavatam OR the speculations of the scientists but rather to concentrate on the essenc of the Bhagavatam.

So many seen to think the literal reading of myths IS the essence. I disagree with that.

That is a different school. I am from the servant of the servant school, not the servant of Visnu school. Therefore, I choose to serve Lord Yamaraja, the authority of devotional service to Visnu, there is where Ill hang, and maybe do a little ghoulin while Im at it, if he asks for help on a particular mission.:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek::eek3::eek::ponder::rolleyes2::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek3::idea::eek: :eek: :ponder::(:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Hey, Mahak-ji! Let's start a band together--we could call it "The Ghastly Rasas".

I think of myself as a goof-ball, but somebody on the forums once said I was "dark".

We could wear all black and have a strobe light. It'll be rad!!

That is a different school. I am from the servant of the servant school, not the servant of Visnu school. Therefore, I choose to serve Lord Yamaraja, the authority of devotional service to Visnu, there is where Ill hang, and maybe do a little ghoulin while Im at it, if he asks for help on a particular mission.:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek::eek3::eek::ponder::rolleyes2::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek3::idea::eek: :eek: :ponder::(:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Question: Does anybody know whether and/or when Vedic astronomers were first able to calculate when eclipses would occur?

Comment: Western astronomers may be able to accurately predict eclipses based on their models of reality, but they still can't explain where 98% of the matter they expect to see in the universe is!!

Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Dead Kennedies, the Vapors, PIL. Its called goth. I do goth, industrial and philharmonic goth, I come from a long line of visigoths, who are even worse than the bands of Roma Gypsies.

Could you imagine Jimi doin industrial. Pat Boone did punk and glitter rock, so anythings possible. Let Neil stay young.

Heres a quip. what are the real lyrics of the crosby Stills and Nash #1 Hit:

"Well, it appears we need neil young, it appears we need neil young, it appears we need neil young, now, such a long long long long time before the dawn."

mahak

It was called goth when *I* was in school. I think they call it "emo" now, though I'm still not sure if it's exactly the same.

That joke got a laugh out of me!!

Still, there are Krishna-core bands, but I've never heard of a Krishna-goth or Krishna-emo band!! It could be an internet collaboration! Maybe Tirisilex would join too!

Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Dead Kennedies, the Vapors, PIL. Its called goth. I do goth, industrial and philharmonic goth, I come from a long line of visigoths, who are even worse than the bands of Roma Gypsies.

Could you imagine Jimi doin industrial. Pat Boone did punk and glitter rock, so anythings possible. Let Neil stay young.

Heres a quip. what are the real lyrics of the crosby Stills and Nash #1 Hit:

"Well, it appears we need neil young, it appears we need neil young, it appears we need neil young, now, such a long long long long time before the dawn."

mahak