IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Starman

What is the Gauranga Dharma...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"My request to your webmaster is to take Prabhupada's pictures and His quotes off this website. "

prabhupada's pictures and writings are not property of anyone... no matter if perhaps the law says the opposite .. but i don't think so

Guest: The picture on his vyaspuja page shows him directly after Prabhupad, and doesn't show his initiating spiritual master at all.

I can see how people feel he is missusing probhupad to establish his own crediblity.

stone: That shouldn't necessarily be a big problem for us. He may make the case that he's presenting a siksa paramapara in the manner of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura.

G: The picture on his vyaspuja page shows him directly after Prabhupad, and doesn't show his initiating spiritual master at all.

I can see how people feel he is missusing probhupad to establish his own crediblity.

s: Now, that's going to bother many devotees. It does make it appear that he is presenting himself (or is being presented by his disciples) as the culmination, the ultimate realization, of Mahaprabhu's desire. Everyone who came before was simply laying the groundwork. Not many of us with much experience in Krishna conscoiusness are happy to read that.

Guest guest

Yes, and this from his site, gives it a mood of everthing and everone's past efforts are culminating in him. I did not like this idea that prabhupada's second phase of his plan is what gaurangapad is doing. On that alone, i can see why people regect or complain. And then when they do, they are being called here "offenders" to the holy names, and "fanatics".

"So Shrila Prabhupada will surely empower some of his followers to spread the Name of Gauranga more directly especially by the introduction of the process of very regular chanting the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas. Shrila Prabhupada wanted to established Lord Krishna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead through his books and writings so that once people understand Lord Krishna widely they can fully and properly accept Lord Gauranga, the most merciful and combined incarnation of Shri Shri Radha-Krishna. So spreading the Name of Lord Gauranga was the second-phase plan of Shrila Prabhupada which he initiated himself and left to his followers to spread the names of Nityananda and Gauranga all over the world."

on the marketplace of the Holy Name the "buyers beware" principle is as valid as when shopping on the silk market. however, we should not criticize people who buy product we dislike if they are happy with their purchase. it is rude and counter productive. Hare Krishna!

It seems that Jahnava Nitai das has so rapidly changed his thinking over the past one year especially when he nicely defended the chanting and japa of the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas on 7th Oct 2002 in a public email conference in the following words by quoting the example of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya who performed constant japa of Gauranga's Name in Caitanya Caritamrita.

My position has not changed one bit. In 2002 someone posted a message on COM saying "No one in the history has chanted the name of Gauranga in japa." In response to this I pointed out that this was not true, that Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya had chanted the name of Gauranga in japa and that it was recorded in Caitanya Caritamrita.

But I made it clear that this does not justify deviating from the teachings of Srila Prabhupada: "Whether ISKCON devotees should perform this japa is another topic, but the fact that it was not manufactured by Sadhu maharaj should be admitted."

Please note that this was a response to a claim that Gauranga japa was first invented by Sadhu Swami. It had nothing to do with agreeing with or disagreeing with the teachings of Sadhu Swami. In fact Sadhu Swami had not yet started his "Gauranga Dharma" religion, nor had he created his hodge-podge teachings of kriya-gauranga yoga whereby one is relieved of all financial problems. Nor did he claim to be the 33rd acharya in the parampara, the pure representative of Srila Prabhupada and foremost preacher of gauranga-bhakti yoga in the world. Nor had he changed the quotes of Srila Prabhupada to support his opinions, nor did he manufacture statements from Srila Prabhupada's conversations that did not factually exist.

Now he has completely distorted the teachings of Srila Prabhupada while claiming to be the true pure representative of Srila Prabhupada's teachings. In fact he claims that it was Srila Prabhupada's desire to start Gaurangaism as his "second phase" plan, but that he left it for his disciples, namely Swami Gaurangapada the "foremost preacher of Gauranga dharma in the world". Yes, this is all rubbish. He has rejected the advice of senior sadhus and has ran to the Gaudiya Matha since he would not be accomodated or given sannyasa within ISKCON. That is fine, but don't try to pretend such things are the teachings of Srila Prabhupada. He is not a disciple or follower of Srila Prabhupada any more than Gandhiji is a follower of Lord Krishna's Gita. Gandhiji takes Krishna's Gita and claims it teaches nonviolence. Use Krishna's name to sell Gandhi's teachings. Swami Gaurangapada is doing the same with Srila Prabhupada. Use Srila Prabhupada's name and fame to sell his own teachings of Gaurangaism. The fact is that without Srila Prabhupada's name on his site, no one would give him a second thought.

It really seems ridiculous that he has turned around 180 degrees in such a short time and is attacking the chanting of the Gauranga Mantra as deviated, concocted, speculated etc.

Please reread through this thread and see what is being criticized. No one has said the chanting of the names of the Lord (including Gauranga) are bad. What is being criticized is specifically these points:

1) A concocted mantra by one of his appointed "Gurus for Argentina", namely "Jaya Nityananda Jaya Gauranga Hare Krishna Nitai Gauranga". This just confirms their tendency to flout spiritual authority and the teachings of Srila Prabhupada in favour of their own whims and speculations.

2) Using Srila Prabhupada's name and claiming these are the actual teachings of Srila Prabhupada, when Srila Prabhupada's reply is "Who is that rascal sannyasi, give me his name."

3) Altering the quotes of Srila Prabhupada, claiming quotations exist that do not exist, and claiming to know parts of conversations that took place prior to the tape recorder being turned on. Using all of this falsified material as "proof" that Srila Prabhupada wanted Gauranga japa spread.

I believe I have heard Brahmananda prabhu saying Srila Prabhupada told him the devotees in Africa could chant rounds of Pancatattva mantra instead of Hare Krishna mahamantra because they were too fallen. Perhaps this could be confirmed or denied by asking him, since he is also in Vrindavan.

The above has been emphatically denied by Brahmananda Prabhu and I accept his word on it. The conversation occured so many years ago that it may have been misheard.

Again, I repeat what I have said all along. Chanting the names of Gauranga and Nityananda is great, but claiming it is the teaching of Srila Prabhupada is a lie. Those who misuse Srila Prabhupada's name for personal gain are great offenders to his lotus feet.

Guest guest

Dear Devotees,

All glories to Srila Prabhupad

HARE KRISHNA!!

All glories to the most merciful Names NITYANANDA and GAURANGA

Pls accept my repectful obeisences at ur feet. My name is Radha Thakurani Devi Dasi. I am an initiated disciple of His Holy grace Nityanandpad Maharaj. I was initiated in all the three mantras namely 1.Nityananda nama 2.Gauranga nama(mantra) 3.Hare Krishna mantra.

My guru maharaj is not a disciple of HH Sadhu Swami Gaurangapad Maharaj but is his friend and well wisher . Observing the contraversy about Gauranga nama , i discussed abt the various points raised here with my guru maharaj . The message is compiled here under:

Radha Thakurani Devi dasi(RTDD):Guru maharaj.Pls accept my respectful obeisences . Some devotees say that Gauranga nama japa is not taught by Srila Prabhupad. Kindly give your opinion/comments on this:

Nityanandpad maharaj(NM): Prabhupad as a great Maha bhagavatha and Uttama adhikari vaishnava had allways glorified and chanted the most merciful names of Gauranga. We have seen that Srila Prabhupad , in his various books , had allways instructed that Gaura Nityananda nama should be chanted to become free from the 10 offences , one committs in chanting the Hare Krishna maha mantra. See what he said in Chaitanya charitamrita:Adilila chapter 8.sloka 31:

caitanya-nityānande nāhi esaba vicāra

nāma laite prema dena, vahe aśrudhāra

But if one only chants, with some slight faith, the holy names of Lord Caitanya and Nityānanda, very quickly he is cleansed of all offenses. Thus as soon as he chants the Hare Kṛṣṇa mahā-mantra, he feels the ecstasy of love for God.

Prabhupad's commentary:

There are offenses to be considered in chanting the Hare Kṛṣṇa mahā-mantra, but there are no such considerations in chanting the names of Gaura-Nityānanda. Therefore, if one chants the Hare Kṛṣṇa mahā-mantra but his life is still full of sinful activities, it will be very difficult for him to achieve the platform of loving service to the Lord. But if in spite of being an offender one chants the holy names of Gaura-Nityānanda, he is very quickly freed from the reactions to his offenses.

Now Srila Prabhupad specifically mentions in the above commentary (which is acclaimed in the entire world as very great vaishnava commentary on Cc) two words: 1.very difficult 2.very quick.....He says if some one committs sinful activities and still chants Hare Krishna , it will be very difficult for him to achieve the platform of loving service to krishna but even such offenders if they chant Gaura Nityananda nama, they will be quickly freed from the offences.

_______

Further prabhupad says in the same verse commentary:

"In the beginning one should very regularly chant Śrī Gaurasundara's holy name and then chant the holy name of Lord Nityānanda. Thus one's heart will be cleansed of impure desires for material enjoyment"

See what Prabhupad says: He openly and clearly says that one "shouldvery regularly chant" Gauranga(who is lovingly called Gaurasundara) 's Holy name and also chant the holy name of lord NItyananda"

Is the above commentary not written by prabhupad? Check up with BBT which publishes Prabhupad's books. Prabhupad said that his books are the basis for the entire Hare Krishna movement. No one can say that Prabhupad books donot represent prabhupad teaching...

When Prabhupad openly n so clearly says in the above most sacred book called "Chaitanya Charitamrita" in the section dealing with Gaurasundara nama..that Gaura nama shld be chanted, how can any one say that Prabhupad had not "Taught" the chanting of Gauranga and Nityananda Nama? Those who say that should answer this: let them give their understanding of these above commentary of prabhupad..

Those who say that Prabhupad had not Taught the imporatnce of Gauranga nama chant are either implying that the above commentary was not prabhupad's opinion ,,,but if it was not prabhupad's opinion , why did BBT publish it?

RTDD: Dear Guruji, it appears to many devotees that although Prabhupad did say abt Gauranga nama chant but did not practically impliment it a regular chant in his institution..How to understand this?

NM: We should follow the vani(instructions) of the great acharyas rather than seeing whether they personally did that or not. One example is : Srila Bhakti sidhanta saraswathi Thakura had desired that Krishna's glories should be spread in western countries, he expressed that desire in his books/lectures etc but he personally did not go to western countries....So does it mean that because Bhaktisidhanta saraswathi thakura did not personally go n preached in western countries so his followers cannot do that? Point is that Great acharyas desire something but that may not be physically or personally be implimented by them personally, but followers should hear his vani contained in his books/lectures and impliment the orders contained there.

Also we should not imitate the activities of Prabhupad but follow his orders appearing in his books especillay Chaitanya charitamrita..:

Bhagavatham specifically says this:

We have to follow His instructions, but we may not imitate Him at any time. The Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (10.33.30-31) affirms:

naitat samācarej jātu

manasāpi hy anīśvaraḥ

vinaśyaty ācaran mauḍhyād

yathā 'rudro 'bdhi-jaṃ viṣam

īśvarāṇāṃ vacaḥ satyaṃ

tathaivācaritaṃ kvacit

teṣāṃ yat sva-vaco-yuktaṃ

buddhimāṃs tat samācaret

"One should simply follow the instructions of the Lord and His empowered servants. Their instructions are all good for us, and any intelligent person will perform them as instructed. However, one should guard against trying to imitate their actions. One should not try to drink the ocean of poison in imitation of Lord Śiva."

In Anu bhasya commentary on the same verse , Srila Bhakti sidhanta saraswathi Thakura says that Krishna nama and Gaura nama are identical but Krishna nama shows mercy mainly on liberated souls whereas Gaura Nityananda nama shows mercy on the Offensive jivas....Krishna nama considers 10 offences , where as Gaura Nityananda nama does not consider 10 offences and also eradicates the 10 offences involved in chanting krishna nama. So he recommends that in offensive stage every jiva should take shelter of regular chanting of Gaura Nityananda nama,,,But as soon as jiva comes on liberated platform , then his chanting of both Gaura and Krishna nama are same because both he is chanting with out offenses.

But our acharyas being totally on liberated platform will chant either Gaura or Krishna nama absolutely without offences...but we cannot imitate them because we are not yet liberated...as long as we are on offensive stage we should chant Gauranga nama along with Krishna nama....Ofcourse those who are on offensive stage should never give up Krishna nama because such action can displease Gauranga who had ordered every one to chant Krishna nama ,,,but at the same time, the offensive chanters sould ALSO chant Gaura nama because Nityananda Prabhu ordered such chanting ( Bhaja Gauranga Kaha Gauranga Leha Gaurangera nama re'),,,

RTDD: But Prabhupad said "who is that rascal sannyasi who is chanting Pancha Tattva mantra on beads",,,so how can we chant Gaura mantra on beads?

NM: Prabhupad's above "who is that rascal sannyasi " quote is spoken in respect of Pancha Tattva mantra and NOT Gauranga mantra...See the quote carefully...Pancha Tattva mantra and Gauranga mantra are two different mantras and the prohibition on one mantra should not be applied wrongly on all other mantras :

In fact Prabhupad has said in Cc that Gauranga mantra is called "Gaura Gopala mantra and it was the "ISTA MANTRA" of srila Sivananada sena and Prabhupad said that those who "CHANT" gauranga mantra and Hare Krishna mantra are on same level:

Purport by Srila Prabhupada: Caitanya-caritamrita Antya-lila 2.24,31

"Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura explains the Gaura-Gopala mantra in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya. Worshipers of Sri Gaurasundara accept the four syllables 'gau-ra-an-ga' as the Gaura mantra, but pure worshipers of Radha and Krsna accept the four syllables ra-dha krs-na as the Gaura-gopala mantra. However, Vaisnavas consider Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu nondifferent from Radha-Krsna (sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya). Therefore one who chants the mantra "gauranga" and one who chants the names of Radha and Krsna are on the same level."

From the above it is very clear that Gauranga mantra is a bonafide vaishnava mantra . Let us analyse Prabhupad's commentary carefully:

He says abt same GAURA GOPALA MANTRA:

same mantra two kinds of people accept in two different ways:

one kind of devotees are 1.worshippers of Gaura: (GAURAVADIS as per bhaktivinod thakura's amrita pravaha bhasya on the same verse) : for these kind of devotees . the Gaura gopala mantra is : GAU+RA+AN+GA

next kind of devotees are worshippers of radha krishna : (called as krishna vadis): same Gaura Gopala mantra for them is RA+dha+krish+na

So prabhupad concludes that both are on same level BECAUSE Gauranga Himself is RADHA KRISHNA combined.

Now we know that RADHA KRISHNA means Hare Krishna ...So since Hare Krishna Can be chanted on beads same way GAURANGA can be chanted on beads and all offences will be eradicated and one will achieve krishna prema very soon.

Thats why all shastras and vedas and Acharyas endlessly glorify Gaura Niatyananda Nama with thousands of tongues .

Even infinite hooded Anantha cannot fully describe the glories of chanting the most mercful Gaura Nityananda namas.

I shall forward the rest of the talk with Guru Maharaj later

My pranaams to all vaishnavas

Ur servent

Radha Thakurani DD

Guest guest

In this thread it is being repeatedly seen that JN das and his friends in their desperation to criticize the chanting of the Gauranga Mantra do not even dare to touch, address or explain or maybe even read the unlimited scriptural proof presented from Srila Prabhupada's books and the books of the acharyas. They have not even tried to explain one single quote or address even one philosophical message posted by the Gauranga Dharma devotees. They are just interested in slandering so this thread is becoming useless because there is no open discussion and proper deliberation of the sastric pramana from both sides.

Compared to the unlimited proof from the Vedic scriptures presented. JN das has just a few quotes of Srila Prabhupada which are for bogus concocted Mantras and taken out of context to appy them to the authorized Gauranga Mantra.

Before continuing the discussion furthur why does not JN das and his friends simply just once at least accept that Srila Prabhupada has authorized the chanting of the Gauranga Mantra in his Cc Antya 2.31 purport. No but they will never do it because they see but they do not want to see.

Q1>>>>>1) A concocted mantra by one of his appointed "Gurus for Argentina", namely "Jaya Nityananda Jaya Gauranga Hare Krishna Nitai Gauranga". This just confirms their tendency to flout spiritual authority and the teachings of Srila Prabhupada in favour of their own whims and speculations.<<<<

A1: This is simply a fly-like fault-finding mentality. This is not a Mantra at all and just one bhajana or a song. Neither does the singer or the site claim it is a Mantra nor does anyone in Gauranga Dharma chant it regularly on beads or even kirtana.

Q2:>>>>>2) Using Srila Prabhupada's name and claiming these are the actual teachings of Srila Prabhupada, when Srila Prabhupada's reply is "Who is that rascal sannyasi, give me his name."<<<<<<<<<

A2: FOR THE LAST TIME, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS "RASCAL SANNYASI" STATEMENT IS FOR THE PANCHA TATTVA MANTRA.

Applying this "rascal sannyasi" statement to chanting japa of the sublime Gaura Gopala Mantra is again an example of showing Srila Prabhupada in bad light by pitting him against the order of Lord Nityananda and contradicting him with his own instructions in Cc Antya 2.31 purport.

Q3:>>>>>3) Altering the quotes of Srila Prabhupada, claiming quotations exist that do not exist, and claiming to know parts of conversations that took place prior to the tape recorder being turned on. Using all of this falsified material as "proof" that Srila Prabhupada wanted Gauranga japa spread.<<<<<<<<

A3: Srila Prabhupada quotes have never been altered anywhere on the site. http://www.GaurangaDharma.org/ . Some commentaries have been given. Ofcourse if one does not accept the commentaries, one can at least accept that Srila Prabhupada, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Srila Krishnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami have clearly authorized the chanting of the Gauranga Mantra in Cc Antya 2.31 purport.

So the Gauranga Mantra sadhana is authorized by Srila Prabhupada and the acharyas. Is Caitanya Caritamrita falsified proof? Is Shivananda Sena (Vira and Duti gopi combined) falsified in chanting japa of the Gauranga Mantra? Is Srila Prabhupada purport falsified material?

Is Navadvipa Dhama Mahatmya falsified? Is Caitanya Mangala falsified when it states that the Gauranga Mantra is chanted by allt he associates of the Lord in the spiritual world? This is excatly what JNd is insinuating and others are encouraging to do this sastra, guru and acarya aparadha more and more.

I am not interested in challenging or disturbing your faith in your guru, so I will not get into refuting his statements here unless that is what you want. I will only reply to one question by Maharaj, and that is how to understand Srila Prabhupada's cited purport. The answer is simple, by reading the complete purport and not cuting out the last paragraph. That is the way to understand what Srila Prabhupada's teachings were:

In the beginning one should very regularly chant SrI Gaurasundara's holy name and then chant the holy name of Lord NityAnanda. Thus one's heart will be cleansed of impure desires for material enjoyment. Then one can approach VRndAvana-dhAma to worship Lord KRSNa. Unless one is favored by Lord Caitanya and NityAnanda, there is no need to go to VRndAvana, for unless one's mind is purified, he cannot see VRndAvana, even if he goes there. Actually going to VRndAvana involves taking shelter of the six GosvAmIs by reading the Bhakti-rasAmRta-sindhu, Vidagdha-mAdhava, Lalita-mAdhava and the other books that they have given. In this way one can understand the transcendental loving affairs between RAdhA and KRSNa. Kabe hAma bujhaba se yugala-pirIti. The conjugal love between RAdhA and KRSNa is not an ordinary human affair; it is fully transcendental. In order to understand RAdhA and KRSNa, worship Them and engage in Their loving service, one must be guided by SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu, NityAnanda Prabhu and the six GosvAmIs, Lord Caitanya's direct disciples.

For an ordinary man, worship of SrI Caitanya and NityAnanda Prabhu or the PaJca-tattva is easier than worship of RAdhA and KRSNa. Unless one is very fortunate, he should not be induced to worship RAdhA-KRSNa directly. A neophyte student who is not sufficiently educated or enlightened should not indulge in the worship of SrI RAdhA and KRSNa or the chanting of the Hare KRSNa mantra. Even if he does so, he cannot get the desired result. One should therefore chant the names of NitAi-Gaura and worship Them without false prestige. Since everyone within this material world is more or less influenced by sinful activities, in the beginning it is essential that one take to the worship of Guru-GaurAGga and ask their favor, for thus despite all his disqualifications one will very soon become qualified to worship the RAdhA-KRSNa vigraha.

It should be noted in this connection that the holy names of Lord KRSNa and Gaurasundara are both identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore one should not consider one name to be more potent than the other. Considering the position of the people of this age, however, the chanting of SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu's name is more essential than the chanting of the Hare KRSNa mahA-mantra because SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu is the most magnanimous incarnation and His mercy is very easily achieved. Therefore one must first take shelter of SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu by chanting zrI-kRSNa-caitanya prabhu-nityAnanda zrI-advaita gadAdhara zrIvAsAdi-gaura-bhakta-vRnda. By serving Gaura-NityAnanda one is freed from the entanglements of material existence and thus becomes qualified to worship the RAdhA-KRSNa Deity.

Guest guest

>>>>>stone: That shouldn't necessarily be a big problem for us. He may make the case that he's presenting a siksa paramapara in the manner of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura.<<<<<<<<

Yes, that is the right understanding. Thank you Babhru prabhu.

>>>>>>It does make it appear that he is presenting himself (or is being presented by his disciples) as the culmination, the ultimate realization, of Mahaprabhu's desire. Everyone who came before was simply laying the groundwork.<<<<<<<<<

That is not the case. If one reads one of Swami Gaurangapada's recent postings in the Gaurangaism Group Gaurangaism the position of the all the Acharyas is explained nicely:

---------------

The union of love, relationship (yoga), service and reciprocation between the individual tiny infinitesimal soul and the Supreme infinite Supersoul Lord Gauranga-Krishna is the constitutional religion of all living beings (souls) whether they are in the demigod, human, animal, reptile, bird, insect, plant or aquatic bodily species of life. The name of this eternal religion of the soul is Gauranga Dharma or Vaishnava Dharma or Sanatana Dharma or Bhagavata Dharma.

GAURANGA DHAMA PRAVARTAKA ACHARYA (PIONEER PRECEPTOR)

The Seventh Goswami Shrila Saccidananda Bhaktivinoda Thakura is hereby declared as the Pioneer Preceptor (Pravartaka Acharya) of Gauranga Dharma in the modern age due to his following six great and main contributions to the reawakening of Gauranga Dharma in the present times:

(1) His supreme contribution of writing the greatest classic book Shri Navadvipa Dhama Mahatmya in 1890 AD which has solidly established and revealed the supreme glories of chanting the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas, Gauranga-lila and Gauranga-dhama from all the Vedic scriptures.

(2) His most wonderful classic purport in his wonderful Amrita-Pravaha-Bhashya commentary to Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita Antya-lila 2.31 explaining and revealing to the world that the four-syllable Gaura Gopala Mantraraja is the Gauranga Mantra. This purport was repeated by Shrila Prabhupada is his commentary. Also his great contribution in revealing and publishing Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita to this world with his beautiful commentary Amrita Pravaha Bhashya.

(3) His greatest contribution of discovering Shri Mayapura Dhama and the most holiest birthplace of Lord Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu and revealing the full glories of Shri Navadvipa Dhama in his book Shri Navadvipa Dhama Mahatmya (Parikrama and Pramana Khandas) and other writings like the classic Navadvipa Bhava Taranga.

(4) Once when Shrila Bhaktivinoda Thakura was going to Vrindavana, he took rest at a Shiva temple where in the dream Shiva instructed him to preach and spread the Name and Pastimes of Lord Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu (from the book Lion Guru). Upon waking from that dream he decided not to go to Vrindavana and started searching for the greatest classic Shri Chaitanya Bhagavata. After much searching through different shops and many ashramas, he finally found a copy in a Calcutta store which was, unfortunately, riddled with errors. However, he took that copy to Vrindavana checked it himself and got it checked with some eminent Gaudiya Vaishnavas there, and was finally able to bring out a corrected and final copy of Shri Chaitanya Bhagavata. In this way he delivered the whole three worlds by giving us the most merciful pure scripture ever written, Shri Chaitanya Bhagavata, which is one the main pillars and Dharma Grantha of Gauranga Dharma and which every devotee of Gauranga Dharma should read repeatedly.

(5) He revealed the greatest classic books of Shrila Prabodhananda Sarasvati Thakura to this world: Shri Chaitanya Chandramrita and Shri Navadvipa Shatakam which are the just like Shri Brahma Samhita for Gauranga Dharma and translated them into simple Bengali poem form.

(6) He wrote the superexcellent books on the exclusive glories of chanting the Holy Name like Hari Nama Chintamani (1900 AD) and found, edited and published Prema Vivarta (1906 AD). One of the main holy books of Gauranga Dharma: "Gauranga Nama Chintamani" is being written by Swami Gaurangapada based on these books on the science of the Name.

So the supreme glories of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga’s Name, Pastimes and Abode were clearly and mercifully revealed by the Seventh Goswami Shrila Saccidananda Bhaktivinoda Thakura to this world in the above manner. We all should be eternally grateful to his lotus feet for this topmost contribution ever and thus sing his glories and pray to him daily to seek his blessings to spread Gauranga Dharma throughout the whole universe. The above are only some of his great contributions to Gauranga Dharma, the list being unlimited.

GAURANGA DHARMA ACHARYAS

Original Source of Gauranga Dharma:

Lord Shri Gauranga-Krishna

Original Founder of Gauranga Dharma:

Lord Shri Nityananda-Balarama

Principal Preceptors of Gauranga Dharma:

Lord Shri Advaita Acharya; Shri Gadadhara Pandita; Shrila Shrivasa Thakura & all Gauranga Bhakta Vrinda; Shrila Shivananda Sena (Gauranga Mantra Acharya); Shrila Prabodhananda Sarasvati (Gauranga Tattva Acharya); Shrila Murari Gupta; Shrila Jagadananda Pandita; Shrila Svarupa Damodara; Shrila Ramananda Raya; Shrila Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya; Six Goswamis and Associates; Shrila Vrindavana Dasa Thakura (Gauranga Vyasa Acharya); Shrila Krishnadasa Kaviraja Goswami (Gauranga Rasa Acharya); Shrila Kavi Karnapura, Shrinivasa, Narottama, Shyamananda and Associates, Shrila Visvanatha, Narahari Chakravarti and Associates.

Pioneer Preceptor of Gauranga Dharma in the modern age:

Shrila Saccidananda Bhaktivinoda Thakura (Gauranga Dharma Pravartaka Acharya)

Main Preceptors of Gauranga Dharma in the modern age:

Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada

Shrila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Present World Preacher of Gauranga Dharma:

His Holiness Triandi Bhikshu Bhaktiratna Sadhu

Swami Gaurangapada

(Founder-Acharya of Gauranga Dharma Mission)

Guest guest

which you have been conveniently avoiding so far due to some unknown reason.

Shrila Prabhupada has clearly authorized both japa and kirtana of the Gauranga Mantra in his purport in Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita Antya-lila 2.31 purport:

"Worshipers of Sri Gaurasundara accept the four syllables gau-ra-an-ga as the Gaura mantra, but pure worshipers of Radha and Krsna accept the four syllables ra-dha krs-na as the Gaura-gopala mantra. However, Vaisnavas consider Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu nondifferent from Radha-Krsna (sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya). Therefore one who chants the mantra "gauranga" and one who chants the names of Radha and Krsna are on the same level."

-------

Therefore one who chants the mantra "gauranga" and one who chants the names of Radha and Krsna are on the same level.

-------

Guest guest

TO JNDAS AND FRIENDS WHO SAY THAT JAPA OF GAURANGA MANTRA IS AGAINST THE TEACHINGS OF SRILA PRABHUPADA.

LET THEM TRY TO EXPLAIN THE ABOVE PURPORT OF SRILA PRABHUAPADA WHICH VERY CLEARLY REFUTES THIER BLIND AND OFFENSIVE CLAIMS THAT CHANTING THE GAURANGA MANTRA IS OUTSIDE THE TEACHINGS OF SRILA PRABHUPADA.

BECAUSE EACH WORD OF THE ACHARYA IS PERFECT AND COMPLETE AND HAS TO BE TAKEN AS IT IS.

Guest guest

are you not embarassed by these claims he makes on his site? All why presenting himself as the next in line after prabhupada?

# Get instant and permanent relief from each and every problem in life including all kinds of physical (diseases), emotional, mental stress, external influences etc.!

# Solve all your financial problems in life!

# Permanent Fulfillment of all desires in life!

# Gain complete control over your present and future and change your past too!

# Feel the ultimate happiness, peace, satisfaction, harmony and prosperity in life

not available by any other means!

# Become a great success in whatever you do!

# Gauranga-Kriya is the topmost welfare activity for your own self and humanity!

# Instantly illuminate and open all your chakras and raise your kundalini permanently to the topmost perfection and thus always be in harmony with the Purusha!!

# Gauranga-Kriya is the culmination and essence of all kinds of Yoga, Maha-Meditations Mahapranayams, Mahakriyas, Mahamudras, Maha-asanas and Mahayajnas in the Vedas!

# Give 30 minutes daily for the most powerful Gauranga-Kriya in Kali-yuga,

the One and Only Supreme, Free and Permanent Remedy for all the problems of Life!

Guest guest

>>>>are you not embarassed by these claims he makes on his site?<<<<<<

My dear Guest, did you ever ask for the clarification on this point directly to Swami Gaurangapada before coming to radical decisions? How can you know the mind of a Vaishnava and a follower of Lord Gauranga simply by speculation?

Before providing a scriptural answer to your question, I would like to give some very important and self-explanatory quotes from Srila Prabhupada which state that an expert devotee can invent novel ways and means to attract the karmis, yogis and gyanis and trickily make them to somehow chant the Holy Names of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. And somehow by taking up the chanting by hook or by crook they will be purified of their material desires (like in the case of Dhruva Maharaja) and ultimately be able to render pure bhakti to the Lord. Even if they put their finger in fire without knowing the power of fire, it will get burnt, similarly even if they approach the Holy Names of the Supreme Lord for whatever reason they will surely be purified. But if these people are not somehow attracted to chanting the Holy Name then they can never be purified from their material desires.

Srila Prabhupada used to give example of a mother who used to force her child to take bitter medicine by telling the child that she will give a sweet laddu to him afterwards. But she would not give the laddu later. SP said that this is not lies but the actually for the real benefit of child so that he can somehow or other first take the medicine.

Shrila Prabhupada in SB 1.5.16 purport:

"The expert devotees also can **** DISCOVER NOVEL WAYS AND MEANS **** to convert the nondevotees in terms of particular time and circumstance. Devotional service is dynamic activity, and the expert devotees can find out competent means to inject it into the dull brains of the materialistic population. Such transcendental activities of the devotees for the service of the Lord can bring a new order of life to the foolish society of materialistic men."

Shrila Prabhupada in Cc Adi 7.31-32 purport:

"Here is an important point. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to ***** INVENT A WAY ***** to capture the Mayavadis and others who did not take interest in the Krsna consciousness movement. This is the symptom of an acarya. An acarya who comes for the service of the Lord cannot be expected to conform to a stereotype, for he must find the ways and means by which Krsna consciousness may be spread."

Commentary of Shrila Saccidananda Bhaktivinoda Thakura to Aphorism 43 of Tattva Sutra:

""Devotees of the Supreme Lord are not controlled by the scriptures since their activities are congenial to the Divine Wisdom. Therefore, when the advanced devotees ordain any new arrangements, they should be agreed as the religious code, even if they are not found in the scriptural dictums of the previous sages. This is also agreed by Manu."

Shrila Prabhupada in Cc Madhya 24.330:

"The spiritual master has to select a mantra for his disciple according to the disciple’s ability to chant different mantras."

Guest guest

>are you not embarassed by these claims he makes on his >site?

First of all to make it clear, this text is not found on Gauranga Dharma site. It is on the Mahadiksha site which is meant to attract the yogis, gyanis and those who will not directly take up the chanting of the Holy Names.

As repeatedly explained by Srila Prabhupada, the whole goal of our preaching is to make the people chant the Holy Names of God by hook or by crook as per Srila Prabhupada and Vedic scriptures which clearly state "yena kena prakarena, manah krishna nivasayet": "Some or the other try to fix everyone's mind on the Holy Name."

There are those who will directly accept devotional service and chant the Holy Name of God with faith who are not told to perform Gauranga Yoga or Gauranga Kriya but there are zillions of souls who are motivated by desires of material wealth, mystic powers, liberation, yogic advancement etc. So should the devotees not endevaour to make them somehow chant the Holy Names or they should be just given up?

>># Get instant and permanent relief from each and every problem in life including all kinds of physical (diseases), emotional, mental stress, external influences etc.!

>># Solve all your financial problems in life!

>># Permanent Fulfillment of all desires in life!

These statements are confirmed by the Bhagavatam and Gita as follows:

Srimad Bhagavatam 2.3.10 states that:

akamah sarva-kamo va

moksa-kama udara-dhih

tivrena bhakti-yogena

yajeta purusam param

"A person who has broader intelligence, whether he be full of all material desire, without any material desire, or desiring liberation, must by all means worship the supreme whole, the Personality of Godhead."

Bhagavd Gita 7.16 states:

catur-vidha bhajante mam

janah sukrtino 'rjuna

arto jijnasur artharthi

jnani ca bharatarsabha

"O best among the Bharatas, four kinds of pious men begin to render devotional service unto Me-the distressed, the desirer of wealth, the inquisitive, and he who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute."

>># Solve all your financial problems in life!

If the Shrimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita themselves are stating that those with a desire for material wealth (artha arti) can perform devotional service by chanting the Holy Names, who are you to say that they should not do so? The whole principle is that when they simply approach the Holy Names in the beginning even full with material desires, they will be gradually purified and come to the stage of pure bhakti. But if they never approach the Holy Names and go to demigods or Mayavadi Gods, they are doomed forever.

SO WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT? TO NOT ATTRACT THEM TO CHANTING AND ALLOWING THEM TO GO TO HELL BY BEING VERY RIGID IN THE BEGINNING OR TO FIRST SOMEHOW ATTRACT THEM TO CHANTING IN THE BEGINNING AND ENSURING THEIR GRADUAL PURIFICATION?

Anyway every preacher and Guru has his own specific method to bring others to the chanting of the Holy Names of God and thus gradually making them qualified for pure bhakti. And no one should judge unless one understands the vision of that devotee. Some Gurus may want preach very strictly and strongly from the beginning and they attract very sincere folowers and some Gurus may want to somehow make the masses by hook or by crook to chant the Holy Names of God, because it is simply by chanting that all perfection will come.

Did not Dhruva Maharaja take up the the chanting of the Holy Names for a huge material kingdom but was lter purified and became a pure devotee? Did his mother advice him in the bginning to just give up the material desires which he would not have been able to do?

No, Dhruva's mother Suniti was very intelligent and she engaged him in chanting the Holy Name of God trickily by telling that if you want a huge material kingdom you have to worship Lord Hari and chant His Name. She know that if he achieves taste for the Holy Name of the Lord then all the material desires will fade away and this is what excatly happened. This is a classic example of preaching with expertise.

I would like to give some very important and self-explanatory quotes from Srila Prabhupada which state that an expert devotee can invent novel ways and means to attract the karmis, yogis and gyanis and trickily make them to somehow chant the Holy Names of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. And somehow by taking up the chanting by hook or by crook they will be purified of their material desires (like in the case of Dhruva Maharaja) and ultimately be able to render pure bhakti to the Lord. Even if they put their finger in fire without knowing the power of fire, it will get burnt, similarly even if they approach the Holy Names of the Supreme Lord for whatever reason they will surely be purified. But if these people are not somehow attracted to chanting the Holy Name then they can never be purified from their material desires.

Srila Prabhupada used to give example of a mother who used to force her child to take bitter medicine by telling the child that she will give a sweet laddu to him afterwards. But she would not give the laddu later. SP said that this is not lies but the actually for the real benefit of child so that he can somehow or other first take the medicine.

Shrila Prabhupada in SB 1.5.16 purport:

"The expert devotees also can **** DISCOVER NOVEL WAYS AND MEANS **** to convert the nondevotees in terms of particular time and circumstance. Devotional service is dynamic activity, and the expert devotees can find out competent means to inject it into the dull brains of the materialistic population. Such transcendental activities of the devotees for the service of the Lord can bring a new order of life to the foolish society of materialistic men."

Shrila Prabhupada in Cc Adi 7.31-32 purport:

"Here is an important point. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to ***** INVENT A WAY ***** to capture the Mayavadis and others who did not take interest in the Krsna consciousness movement. This is the symptom of an acarya. An acarya who comes for the service of the Lord cannot be expected to conform to a stereotype, for he must find the ways and means by which Krsna consciousness may be spread."

(con'td)

Guest guest

with your immature screeching of OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!! APARADHA!! APARADHA!!

These are your only answers when stumped by a question or you do not know how to respond when someone does not agree with you. You need to arm yourself better.

Thanks for your kind advice. I think that it is you who is exhibiting immature behaviour since you have now degraded yourself to producing personal attacks viz "immature," etc. I think that you are not very concerned about the effects of your malicious thoughts actions and words against a Vaishnava who does virtually nothing all day and night except chant preach and write. I think I have adequately shown how the so-called "objections" against Gaurangapada are extremely philosophically weak and are mostly based in political and sectarian motives such as yours. I have also told you several times to address your concerns directly to Gaurangapada if you are so concerned he is deviating etc, but you seem to be extremely lazy in this regard and rather prefer to openly blaspheme in public. You have also copied the offensive behaviour of your new guru jndas by making up slanderous lies about Gaurangapada. Oh well, what can we do? Caitanya-bhagavata says that blasphemers go to Kumbhipaka.

Ok...now this is what I find rather offensive...someone is attracted to Krishna Consciousness through Srila Prabhupada's teachings and instructions; practices for a few years in His movement and then decides, "Hey, this ain't good enough. I can do it better than Srila Prabhupada." Goes off and starts his own methods but feels in order to have credibility he must use Prabhupada to gain fame and disciples going so far as to write a book which is supposed to help people develop interest in Prabhupada's books.

Is that what you think Gaurangapada's history is? Shame on you. You know nothing about Gaurangapada and you have not attempted to know his history either. This is just another one of your scurrilous lies. If I wanted to, I can tell you all about Gauranagapada's history but I am 110% sure that it will come to no avail since this is an assembly of envious snakes who will use this information for their own evil ends. Also I do not have the liberty to reveal it. You should think twice before making up such slanderous stories.

Guest guest

and there was no reply but as a disciple you should know the answers to these simple questions and would want to gladly proclaim the pastimes of your guru. Out of three disciples that were asked these same questions (you are number three)- none had the answers.

This just goes to show how manipulative this person is. Thinking that I am a disciple of Gaurangapada, he/she asks me that I should answer her irrelevant political questions in order to "proclaim the pastimes of my guru." This is an extremely sleazy tactic of emotional blackmail just so some politically-minded people can use such information in order to attack Gaurangapada further.

Guest guest

First, if you really believe what you say, why not stand behind it with your name? Most of us who have been here a while have seen many abuses of these forums by folks who refuse to sign in and hide behind Jahanava Nitai's liberal policy. So, dear soul, come out of the shadows and take a fake name like the rest of us. It's so hard keeping track of all the so-called "guests." If you post more than three or four times, you should register, then log on when you post.

Thanks for your kind advice. I am not the only person posting here in defence of GAurangapada. I would like to take your advice and become a member, but I do not see this club very much and so there is no need. I only come here sometimes for a few minutes only. I just stumbled here a few days ago and so these fellows openly blaspheming Gaurangapada in answer to a simple question of what os Gauranga Dharma and for past few days I have also been defending and I think I will leave soon. I don't think I would like to be a member of this offensive club thank you anyway.

More to the point, you should note that Sadhu Maharaj is teaching a practice quite different from what Srila Prabhupada teaches, all the while claiming to be his pure representative. Yes, Srila Prabhupada wrote and spoke the things quoted in this thread. But what practice did he teach his disciples? Not what you've been given. So many people accuse Siddhasvarupananda of deviating and making things up. That, however, is simply not true. Sadhu Maharaja is, on the other hand, teaching a practice that, while certainly laudatory, is quite different from what my spiritual master and his disciples teach.

I am glad that you brought up siddhaswarupananda. Most people do indeed think that he is a deviant and that he has deviated in a great way from Prabhupada's teachings. I think that not many people insult siddhaswarupananda here on this club because a respectable person like you is here to defend him and show how he is in line with Prabhupada. If only you and others were as generous with Gaurangapada and analyse his philosophy, you will see that it is completely in toto with Srila prabhupada. We do chanting of mantras "nityananda" and "gauranga." We also chant pancatavva mantra before beginning each round of Hare Krsihna mantra. The only so called "difference" you can say is that we simply highlight the names of Nitai and Gaura. We do not emphasize it in a way to make it look better than Hare Krishna mantra or anything like this, this is all lies and slander. Not many people have bothered to analyse Gaurangapada. Srila Prabhupada says that chanting of Hare Krishna mantra may be offensive so to get rid of these offenses we must chant Nityananda and Gauranga, and so we follow his teaching and also whole parampara's, what is the big problem?

Guest guest

1) A concocted mantra by one of his appointed "Gurus for Argentina", namely "Jaya Nityananda Jaya Gauranga Hare Krishna Nitai Gauranga". This just confirms their tendency to flout spiritual authority and the teachings of Srila Prabhupada in favour of their own whims and speculations.

I wonder if anyone actually bothered to check out this lie of jndas. He claims that this is on the GD site but if one goes to see the page they find that this is an OFFERING of a disciple to Gaurangapada. It appears that this disciple has chanted this so-called "concocted" mantra in kirtan and has simply offered his kirtan to Gaurangapada. Who knows why, and if it so objectionable then why not complain to Gaurangapa or webmaster of the site? Rather than do this, jndas promotoes lies and slander that we are teaching "concoted mantras" when the truth is that no one in Gauranagapada's following has concocted a mantra. All acharyas have said to chant "Nityananda" and "Gauranga" and so we follow their teachings. This is not concotion, this is precedent with authority.

Chanting the names of Gauranga and Nityananda is great, but claiming it is the teaching of Srila Prabhupada is a lie. Those who misuse Srila Prabhupada's name for personal gain are great offenders to his lotus feet.

This is a nonsensical argument. We have adeqautely shown how there is provision in Srila Prabhupada's teachings as well as Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura and Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura and many more. The nature of fanatics is to think that Gaudiya Vaishnavism came from only one guru and only that guru is important.

And we do not claim that Nityananda and Gauranga is higher than Hare Krsna either, that is nonsense. We chant NG to clear our offenses to chant Hare Krishna without offenses and this is Prabhupada's and parampara teaching. Don't make up lies.

Guest guest

I have heard that siddhaswarupananda teach

haraya nama krsna yadavaya namah

gopala govinda rama sri madhusudana

when the second line is supposed to be

yadavaya madhavaya keshavaya namah ?

This is not concoction?

If the Shrimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita themselves are stating that those with a desire for material wealth (artha arti) can perform devotional service by chanting the Holy Names, who are you to say that they should not do so?

Unfortunately English comprehension is severely lacking by some of the guests participating in this thread. They fail to see the difference between the Bhagavatam advising that people should worship the Lord whether they have desires or not and teaching that by chanting the name of God your financial problems will be removed.

The verse akamah sarva-kamo va moksha-kama udara-dhih speaks nothing about removing your financial problems through seva to the Lord. It tells us that regardless of our desires, our own self interest is to surrender to the Lord in service. "Whether you have no desires (akama), all desires (sarva-kama) or desire liberation (moksha-kama) one should surrender to the Lord and worship Him."

Likewise the verse from Bhagavad Gita that speaks about four types of people that surrender to the Lord simply states that a pious person desiring wealth will turn to the Lord. It never says that by chanting the Lord's name one's financial problems will be solved.

Srila Prabhupada taught pure unalloyed devotional service:

anyabhilashita-shunyam jnana-karmady-anavritam

anukulyena krishnanu-shilanam bhaktir uttama

"One should render transcendental loving service to the Supreme Lord Krishna favorably and without desire for material profit or gain through fruitive activities or philosophical speculation. That is called pure devotional service."

Swami Gaurangapada on the other hand is directly teaching karma-mishra-bhakti. His teachings are not the pure teachings of Srila Prabhupada, they are a very diluted and distorted form of mixed devotional service and fruitive activity. Could anyone imagine Srila Prabhupada diluting his teachings by advertising "Solve your financial problems by chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra". Such a teaching brings the holy name down to the level of a karma-kanda ceremony, which is a nama-aparadha. Such mundane conceptions of the holy name have never been taught by Srila Prabhupada.

Is it me or do the followers of Swami Gaurangapada just copy and paste the same 10 quotes over and over again?

THE ABOVE POST IN AN OPEN CHALLENGE

TO JNDAS AND FRIENDS WHO SAY THAT JAPA OF GAURANGA MANTRA IS AGAINST THE TEACHINGS OF SRILA PRABHUPADA.

LET THEM TRY TO EXPLAIN THE ABOVE PURPORT OF SRILA PRABHUAPADA WHICH VERY CLEARLY REFUTES THIER BLIND AND OFFENSIVE CLAIMS THAT CHANTING THE GAURANGA MANTRA IS OUTSIDE THE TEACHINGS OF SRILA PRABHUPADA.

BECAUSE EACH WORD OF THE ACHARYA IS PERFECT AND COMPLETE AND HAS TO BE TAKEN AS IT IS.

Sure, let's look at the quote:

Shrila Prabhupada has clearly authorized both japa and kirtana of the Gauranga Mantra in his purport in Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita Antya-lila 2.31 purport:

"Worshipers of Sri Gaurasundara accept the four syllables gau-ra-an-ga as the Gaura mantra, but pure worshipers of Radha and Krsna accept the four syllables ra-dha krs-na as the Gaura-gopala mantra. However, Vaisnavas consider Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu nondifferent from Radha-Krsna (sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya). Therefore one who chants the mantra "gauranga" and one who chants the names of Radha and Krsna are on the same level."

You say "Shrila Prabhupada has clearly authorized both japa and kirtana of the Gauranga Mantra", could you point to which words exactly specify this? You cite the last sentence and claim that because Lord Krishna and Chaitanya are one and the same therefore Srila Prabhupada has "clearly authorized both japa and kirtana of the Gauranga Mantra". You must be reading a different purport then I am, because none of what you say is written in the quote above.

The name of Gauranga has been chanted in the past by nitya-siddha associates of the Lord, but one should not imitate their sadhana. One should humbly accept the sadhana instructed by Srila Prabhupada if one is claiming to be his follower. The name of Radha is also full of spiritual potency, and some nitya siddhas have exclusively chanted the names of Sri Radha as sadhana. This does not mean we should alter the teachings of Srila Prabhupada to adjust to our whims and fancy.

There is a general habit of the followers of Swami Gaurangapada that we see repeated again and again. They have a list of only 10 or 15 quotes (out of Srila Prabhupada's voluminous writings) in which he glorifies Caitanya's name. Then they completely twist the quotes and claim it means something that is nowhere near to what the quote says at all, or they cut off the last paragraph that contradicts their stance and try to support their position through selective quoting.

A classic example of this is Swami Gaurangapada's claim that anytime Srila Prabhupada uses the english word "chant" it automatically means both japa and kirtan. Why? Just because they want it to.

Swami Gaurangapada's exact words are as follows:

Whenever Shrila Prabhupada uses the word “chant” it is applicable to both chanting japa on beads and chanting or singing in kirtana unless he specifies for a particular case.

Using this logic, anytime Srila Prabhupada says "one should chant the name of Gauranga", they claim it specifically means one should perform japa of gauranga's name.

How many times a day did Srila Prabhupada chant the Gauranga-Nityananda "mantrarajas"? How many times a day did Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati chant the Gauranga-Nityananda mantrarajas? How many times a day did Srila Prabhupada tell his disciples and followers to chant the Gauranga-Nityananda mantrarajas? The answer to all these questions is ZERO.

Srila Prabhupada's personal example and order was that all devotees should chant once the pancatattva mantra before each round and then chant the Hare Krishna mahamantra. This is the sadhana taught by Srila Prabhupada. He said by this process we are worshipping Mahaprabhu and receiving His mercy to chant the names of Lord Krishna. To his disciples he has instructed that they must chant the full pancatattva mantra.

In response to this, Swami Gaurangapada says we should not imitate liberated souls like Srila Prabhupada. He claims Srila Prabhupada has the potency to directly give the Hare Krishna maha-mantra to fallen souls, but for the non-liberated gurus they should not try to copy this activity. So what should they do? Instead the non-liberated gurus should reject their guru's teachings, throw aside his instructions and make-up a new sadhana on their own whims called gauranga-kriya yoga!? A sadhana that will not only help you spiritually, but will also solve your finacial problems, repay your debts, recover bad loans and cure cancer! Wow! Talk about being a humble disciple.

Srila Prabhupada's most emphatic order was to not change his teachings. "Speak as I have spoken, do as I have done." By sincerely repeating the instructions of the spiritual master as they are one becomes an authorized representative of the parampara.

When one of his senior sannyasis decided to innovate and create a new sadhana of chanting the Pancha-tattva mantra on beads, Srila Prabhupada replied "Who is that Rascal sannyasi, give me his name." Srila Prabhupada would not tolerate even the smallest deviation. We have seen what is the result of deviation. All have seen the deviations of Kirtananda and the result of such deviations. At the time he was glorified as a pure devotee, and his disciples had plenty of distorted quotes from Srila Prabhupada authorizing their deviations. Anyone who disagreed was an "offender" committing "vaishnava aparadha". Those offenders were all damned to hell, and there were dozens of verses to quote that described the hell they would face for their offenses to the "pure devotee". Today all those loud spoken disciples are silent and the deviations of their guru are clear.

Is it me or do the followers of Swami Gaurangapada just copy and paste the same 10 quotes over and over again?

Nope, it is not just you. I got the feeling early on in this thread that they have a list of possible question that they might be asked and the answers to be given (ie quotes).

When the questions deviate from their list they can only scream "Offense" at you for want of any other response. Now it appears they have learned the word "immature".

Hare Krishna

There is something that has been bothering me, Swami Gaurangapada gives rules out i.e 16 rounds 4 regs, which are basic rules set out by His Divine Grace, so this should be commended to Swami Gaurangapada, Iskcon is not an institution it is Krishna's, and if Swami Gaurangapada can make ppls chant then, that can't be a bad thing can it, Swami Gaurangapada is in my eyes trying to make ppls KC, he should be praised, there is no need, for anybody to do un-neccessary sadhu-ninda, krishna gives you Guru, so devotees of swami gaurangapada should not be disturbed (visa-virsa), otherwise like on this thread, un-neccessary offences can spoil things (not a good thing), Ghari Prabhu before said something similar (cool dudevotee), these are my humble thoughts, ps. i have read the entire thread too. so there.

hare krishna!

Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and all Vaisnavas who preach the message of Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu!

Please accept my humble obeisances. I pray that this meets each and everyone assembled in perfect health, and in the service of Guru and Gauranga.

My Dearest Vaisnavas and Vaisnavis;

It is with a heavy heart that I have been sent the address to this forum concerning my Gurudev, Swamiji Gaurangapada. In the past I have heard this same offense committed at the lotus feet of many worthy Vaisnavas who have no other desire than to spread the message of Sri Nitai-Gauranga to every corner of this world. What is the crime here, other than Swamiji Gaurangapada desires with all his heart that the world's population chant the Holy Names without offense? Is it the method of Vaisnavas to attack other Vaisnavas? Not according to the teachings of the Parampara. Are we not instructed to praise Sri Krishna when another Vaisnava goes forth and spreads the Holy Names, even when their ideologies do not match our own? He has made no attack on any other Matha within our Parampara. He has not spoken out against any Guru of ISKCON or Narayana Maharaja, nor the disciples of any that have branched off of our tree. Many false accusations have been made in this thread, but very few have taken the time to read much less fathom the message that Swamiji Gaurangapada has posted in the Gauranga Dharma web site. A few Vaisnavas have given their praise that the Holy Names are going forth into the world, others have condemned Swamiji Gaurangapada for bringing forth a "so called" new mantra using the Holy Names of Sri Nityananda and Sri Gauranga. One devotee made the simple statement that he had come across the Gauranga Dharma web site, and asked the simple question of "what does it have to do with Krishna Consciousness and Srila Prabhupada?" Some honestly said that they didn't know, then the accusations and verbal attacks start concerning Swamiji Gaurangapada's ministry.

If one were to take the time to read the web site, then they would learn directly from him that there has been absolutely no minimization of the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra. Swamiji Gaurangapada has taught from sastra of the ten offenses that one easily commits, especially in the beginning in the chanting of the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra. He is simply teaching that there are no offenses committed in the chanting of the Holy Names of Sri Nityananda and Sri Gauranga. The Pancha Tattva has not been removed nor has it been changed by Swamiji Gaurangapada. No traditional prayers of the Vaisnavas have been altered one letter. One mentions that the Pancha Tattva has been replaced by a composition written by Mahatmaji Gaurakrishnananda. This is not a mantra, nor was it ever intended to be a mantra, it is simply a bhanjana, nothing more. To state that it is is completely in error. Where is the evidence that Swamiji Gaurangapada or any of his leaders are propigating "jaya nityananda jaya gauranga hare krishna nitai gauranga" as a replacement of the Pancha Tattva mantra? No where in the Gauranga Dharma site, not in his letters nor lectures has Swamiji Gaurangapada, nor his leaders ever taught that this bhanjan be a replacement of any of the traditional prayers of the Vaisnavas. In the Gauranga Dharma site, in Basic Principles, chapter four, Swamiji Gaurangapada explains his position of the Pancha Tattva Mantra and its use. There has been no change whatsoever in the purpose of the Pancha Tattva Mantra.

Jndas Prabhuji asked in one of his posts, and it has been repeatedly asked again as to why Srila Prabhupada did not authorize the chanting of the Pancha Tattva mantra on Japa. Prabhuji also goes on to say that "if he cannot explain the scientific reason why, then that means he is not qualified or knowledgable enough to decide what mantras can and cannot be chanted on japa bead for sadhana." In Swamiji Gaurangapada's site at http://mantraraja.blogspot.com he states: "The Pancha Tattva Mantra has been given mercifully by Srila Prabhupada to us just to chant before chanting the the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, but there is no specific mention in the revealed scriptures or by the previous acharyas (in the commentaries of Seventh Goswami Shrila Saccidananda Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada, the Pancha-Tattva Mantra is not even mentioned), that it has been chanted by any of our acharyas on beads." This is the reason that Srila Prabhupada did not authorize the chanting on japa of the Pancha Tattva. But, in the same paragraph, Swamiji Gaurangapada states that the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas have been chanted very regularly on the beads by great associates of the Lord and Acharyas like Srila Shivananda Sena, Sapta Rishis, Lord Shiva and Parvati, Balarama dasa, Minekatana Ramadasa etc, etc, and all the eternal associates of Lords Nityananda and Gauranga in Navadvipa.

Each officiating Guru has the right to choose the Mantra to be used by his disciples. When Srila Prabhupada began teaching the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, he stated that his disciples chant sixty-four rounds daily. When they complained that they could not chant sixty-four rounds, he lowered it to thirty-two. When they complained that they could not complete even thirty-two rounds daily and complete their service also, he lowered it to sixteen. The traditional number of rounds of Vaisnavas is sixty-four, but Srila Prabhupada felt that his western disciples lacked the discipline to chant the traditional number of rounds, so he used his authority to lower it to sixteen. I received this story from my previous guru Swami Kirtananda twenty three years ago. I feel that it is correct and accurate. With Swamiji Gaurangapada's desire for his disciples to chant the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga and quickly advance spiritually and avoid the offenses of the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, this is a mercy that he himself has bestowed on his disciples. Srila Prabhupada stated in Cc Madhya 24.330: "The spiritual master has to select a mantra for his disciple according to the disciple's ability to chant different mantras." Swamiji Gaurangapada is exercising his priviledge in giving the Nityananda Gauranga Mantrarajas to his disciples.

Govindaram states in one of his posts: "Swami Gaurangapada should be glorified as should other devotees, for spreading KC, haribol!!" This is the position that all Vaisnavas should have. None of us are qualified to judge what a servant of Sri Krishna is driven to do by divine ordinance. One should not have envy, malice, nor commit offense at the lotus feet of any devotee that is living his/her life to spread the Holy Names of Sri Krishna Caitanya. What Swami Gauangapada has done is put forth the chanting of the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga so that the masses will chant the Holy Names without offense. In this area, one must be extremely careful in offering one's opinion on the matter. I know for certain that Swami Gaurangapada is a Vedic scholar. His knowledge of Sastra is mind boggoling. To call into question the sastra and quotations that he has used at the Gauranga Dharma web site as being misquoted is to call into question his integrity. This is a precarious position to place oneself in.

In the Caitanya Bhagavata there is the story of Sri Caitanya's own mother committing offense at the feet of Sri Adwaita. The disciples of Sri Caitanya beg Him to forgive her offense, but Gauranga states that he cannot because this is an offense that has been commited at the lotus feet of a pure disciple of Sri Krishna. The only way that Sachimata could receive forgiveness was to go directly to the lotus feet of Sri Adwaita and beg his forgiveness. In this story I am reminded how easily it is to commit offense at the lotus feet of our god-brothers and sisters. Sri Caitanya cannot forgive us of such offense, we have to humble outselves first at the lotus feet of the devotee we offended, then come to Sri Krishna Caitanya.

Livingentity has told us that she has friends that are disciples of Swamiji Gaurangapada. Whether one is or is not agreeable with Swami Gaurnagapada, all Vaisnavas must acknowledge the fact that he IS spreading the Holy Names of Sri Krishna. He has not taken away the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, nor, as one posted, changed any of the traditional Vaisnava prayers. The Pancha Tattva is still the same as used by all in the Gaudiya Matha. Whether one is a disciple of Srila Prabhupada, Sri Gour Govinda, Srila Narayana Maharaja or a million others along this Parampara, the fact remains that the message of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is spreading around this world. That is what matters, not our petty differences. Not the "my guru can beat up your guru" mentality. Remember sastra. We are to see everything as equal, neither heat or cold, happiness or sadness, or any duality should trouble out minds. We are to remain constant. What matters, (and maybe I am a romantic) is the spreading of the Holy Names. Does not matter by who's teaching it comes across, what matters is that the Holy Names are being praised, sung and chanted.

This argument can go on for an eternity, but Vaisnava aparadha is a serious consideration. Personally, I do not take offense by what has been stated by some, I'm not that sensitive. But there are those who do take offense, so for these, one must be careful. As Vaisnavas, we must be careful to protect the minds and emotions of those who are not as advanced in their sadhana, who's understanding is not perfected. Many remember the "Guru Wars" of the late 70's and 80's. We have been here before. But let us not commit the offenses that were committed then. We have had this argument so many times that I have become bord with it. Many in the ritvik camp will not read the Elventh and Twelth Cantos of the Srimad Bhagavatam because it was not completed by Srila Prabhupada. Srila Prabhupada did not expect to finish his great work, but instructed Pradyumna Prabhuji to complete his writings. Everyone was up in arms when Swami Hridayananda completed it. It was not his right to finish it so many said. It was Pradyumna Prabhu's special service to Srila Prabhupada to finish it. The fact remains that the Srimad Bhagavatam was finished. Many have difficulties in the manner it was completed, but Swami Hridayananda did a wonderful job, and Swamiji Gaurangapada has stated that he has read it, and has found no problems with it, either the sanskrit translations or the purports. I have heard the same argument concerning Bhumipati Dasa's Caitanya Bhagavata translation. In my humble opinion, this is utter nonsense. Sri Krishna's will and Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu's message is going to be spread into every village and city, does not matter who stands in the way. Always remember Sri Balarama is always there to remove any obsticles that may attempt to hinder the pure devotee of the Lord.

Someone has stated that Swamiji Gaurangapada is "stealing" devotees away from ISKCON. This is not the case. Many ISKCON devotees have indeed inquired about Gauranga Dharma. But from the start, Swamiji Gaurangapada has required that any devotee under the authority of another Guru, no matter what Matha, gain the permission from their Guru to study under the authority of Swamiji Gaurangapada. This has been said of many other Guru's in the past concerning ISKCON devotees, but it is in my humble opinion that a devotee is going to go where they can advance in the science of self realization and provide the greatest service. Many devotees in ISKCON are frustrated, many are looking for a fresh start with a new Guru for whatever reason. This is not to say one is right or wrong in going to Swamiji Gaurangapada, but one must do what is best for their own sadhana. What resides in the heart will come out of the mouth so to speak. It isn't about Us and Them, its about seva, its about truth, and unfortuantly ISKCON's running record with many of its older first generation devotees is wanting and lacking in these areas.

If someone is desiring to study under Swamiji Gaurangapada, for whatever reason, they should respect the vows that they have made to their respective Guru's at the time of initation. To me, these vows are eternal. But if one's Guru has fallen, like mine has, then where does that leave the devotee? Are the devotees that built ISKCON from the ground up to be tossed aside and forgotten like so many have been over the past 25 years since Srila Prabhupada took samadhi? Swamiji Gaurangapada gives these devotees hope, a reason to continue on in their seva to Sri Krishna. They are mature, they know sastra and have provided immeasureable service over the years. Let them decide for themselves whether Swamiji Gaurangapada is correct in his intpretation of sastra. Many of them have been devotees longer than he has been in this incarnation. One's decision is their own, and thats a decision that must be respected. It isn't fair to throw in the ISKCON catch all of "you're not qualified" on these devotees, they certainly are qualified to make such a decision. More qualified than some that are sitting on the GBC today. But because they are not one of the "blessed few", they are targeted and harrassed. A devotee is not to harrass or put into distress any living creature, but yet by our callous prejudice we do it to the very devotees of Sri Krishna. Does anyone seriously believe that Sri Krishna is going to stand aside very long and allow this to happen? If one believes sastra like I do, then we understand that Sri Nrisimadeva is coming in all his rage to protect his pure devotees.

Many questions have been asked in this forum concerning Swamiji Gaurangapada. Some are warrented, others truly aren't important. If one were to go to the Gauranga Dharma web site, most of these answers are throurghly answered there. All it takes is time to read the site. I personally have not found evidence that Swamiji Gaurangapada has taken anything either of the quotes of Srila Prabhupada or Sastra out of context. But I may not be looking at it the same way that others are. I'm not seriously looking for error, but if it is obvious, I think that after reading, studying and meditating on Srila Prabhupada's writings for over 23 years even I would pick it up. Lets not be so quick to place judgement. Sit back and watch. Like Nichodemus in the Bible, if it is false, it will fall down. But if it is of God, no power on earth will stop it.

Swamiji Gaurangapada has the pure desire in his heart to spread the Holy Names across this earth. He has mercifully given the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga to everyone freely. His main concern is the offenses that the neophyte commits at the lotus feet of Sri Sri Radha Krishna by not chanting purely. All this has been covered in the above posts.

All Guru's have the right to exercise the right to give whatever authorized mantra they desire to their respective disciples. Srila Prabhupada has said this in Cc Madhya 24.330: "The spiritual master has to select a mantra for his disciple according to the disciples ability to chant different mantras." Swamiji Gaurangapada feels that the offenses that the neophyte will commit is to great a risk, this is why he has encouraged all to chant the merciful Names of Nityananda and Gauranga. I agree that this is why Srila Prabhupada had us say the Pancha Tattva before each round of the Maha Mantra. But, in essence, the chanting of Nityananda and Gauranga considers absolutely no offense, so anyone, whether they are initated or not can chant these two Holy Names. This is not the case of the Maha Mantra. I was taught early on, that the Maha Mantra did not begin to have its potency until after initation where the respective Guru gave the Mantra to his disciple. I know that there are different schools of thought on this matter, but the essence is, what offense did we commit prior to initation where the Guru takes on our offense? When one reads the web site, all this is explained completely.

One complained that "he takes iniation application" on his site. Yes he does, then at an arranged time Swamiji Gaurangapada calls the individual and gives them the Mantraraja's. This is not Diksa iniation, this is only to empower them to properly chant the Mantraraja's under his authority. This is in accordance to sastra. This Shiksha Ashraya adau guru asrayam as per Bhakti Rasmarita Sindhu. And the word Mahadiksha means here a vow to chant the Names daily. That is the other Sanskrit meaning of Diksha. If we look back at the history of ISKCON, while Srila Prabhupada was still before us, each Temple President had a tape of the siska iniation. Srila Prabhupada would tell the Temple President to whom the tape was to be listened by, and japas that he had chanted on were given to the initaties. The Godbrothers of Srila Prabhupada demanded that this be stopped. No one that listened to this tape was truly initiated into ISKCON or the Gaudiya Matha. They were just fools being fooled. But, we all know that many were initated by Srila Prabhupada who never met him personally. Many are still in service today. Does that not make them true Vaisnavas? If you have to say that what Swamiji Gaurangapada is doing here is wrong, then you have to agree that what Srila Prabhupada did was also wrong. (Be careful of your thoughts) Swamiji Gauragnapada is using the instuments at his disposal because either he cannot come to everyone, or they cannot come to him. This is why Srila Prabhupada made the tapes for Siska. He himself could not meet the demand of meeting each and every disciple that desired initiation.

There are simple explinations to each complaint that has been posted in this thread. Most questions can be answered by simply reading the Gauranga Dharma web site. There are also other web sites that have Swami Gaurangapada's teaching in them. One being the blogspot.com site. My greatest concern though is the callousness and prejudice that exists within the Vaisnava community. With understanding and patience, all things are revealed, nothing remains hidden for long. Those of us that have been in service for any length of time know the truth of this. No one enjoys seeing their Gurudev torn to shreds and left out to dry. But I believe that those of us that are mature should know to put our own limited knowledge aside for a short time, without making snap judgments, and simply watch. This is the benefit of wisdom. We are the one's that truly teach the next generation behind us, not the Guru. We are the one's that take the Guru's teachings and pass it on in example and lesson. Teaching our spiritual children to hold to only one opinion cheats them out of their own ability to advance spiritually in the years to come. Have we learned nothing from the late 70's and early 80's? Have we learned nothing by watching so many of our own Guru's fall down in so many ways? How many here, that have been around for twenty years still have the instruction of their first initating Guru? I certainly don't, nor the second that I sought shelter of. My point is that we should be praising Sri Krishna for all we're worth for sending out another of his disciples to spread the Holy Names of the Lord, not tearing him down.

If I have offended any in the words of my post, I humbly beg your forgiveness. Any offense that I may have caused is certainly not intended.

Your eternal servant;

Nitaipada Maharaja.