IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Starman

What is the Gauranga Dharma...

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna,

Yesterday I came across Gauranga Dharma. I don't know much at all about it what is it about, and what does it have to do with KC and Shrila Prabhupada's work? It mentioned chanting Nityananda, and one other that I can't recall at this time, in preparation for chanting the mahamantra.

Hare Krishna

Srila Prabhupada recommended chanting pancha-tattva mantra before each round.

Gauranga dharma is KC, there are many pure devotees, sincerely ask Krishna to guide you.

Also..

Srila Prabhupada:

In the maha-mantra Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare, the word Rama refers to Balarama. Since Nityananda is an expansion of Balarama, Rama also refers to Lord Nityananda. <font color="red"> Thus Hare Krishna, Hare Rama addresses not only Krishna and Balarama but Lord Caitanya and Nityananda as well. </font color>

Sri Caitanya-caritamrita Adi-lila Intro.

Guest guest

they're gaudya vaishnavas, they belongs to our family, no difference in the essence of the gaudya vaishnava tattva from the other maths..... iskcon included

I thought this was the site that you were referring to but I wanted to make sure before I made a response.

I will not say much other than this...if you are attracted to Srila Prabhupada and His teachings and instructions then you should probably not read this site as it will cause confusion.

Although, the "guru" puts Prabhupada's picture and pictures of our previous acaryas on his site - this is not Prabhupada's teachings.

guest, have you read this site???

anyway, this "guru" has concocted some teachings and has actually put on quotes from Prabhupada's books but changed some of the wording to fit his own methods. This is offensive!!

Also, not sure if he is still doing this because I do not wish to read this site again but he used to take your info and vows via an online application and give you initiation.

Guest guest

yes i have read, i do not agree and my guru does not agree with many of the concepts, especially the one that the neophite has not to chant mahamantra but gauranga and nityananda nama in a period of purification, but it does not give me much problems..

i do not intend to give up my principles and sadhana after surfing this site, but basically i am pleased to find a new group of people chanting the name of the lord...

if you are disturbed do not make offences and do not go in this site.. no problem :-)

<font color="red"> jaya sri-krishna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda </font color>

<font color="red"> sri-advaita gadadhara srivasadi-gaura-bhakta vrinda <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color> </font color>

jaya -all glories; sri-krishna-caitanya -Lord Krishna, who has descended in the age of Kali as Lord Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu; prabhu-nityananda ; Lord Nityananda, the incarnation of Lord Baladeva; sri-advaita -Advaita Acarya, the incarnation of Maha Vishnu; gadadhara -Gadadhara Pandita, the incarnation of Srimati Radharani; Srivasadi -Srivasa Thakura, the incarnation of Narada Muni; gaura-bhakta vrinda -all the followers of these five.

<font color="blue"> All glories to Lord Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Lord Nityananda, Advaita Acarya, Gadadhara Pandita Prabhu, Srivasa Thakura and all those devotees who follow in their footsteps. </font color>

Panca tattva is bona fide but this is not the mantra that is being taught by this guru. I have had a very long discussion with some of his disciples and they have verified the mantra that their guru teaches and they believe it is also Prabhupada's teachings but it is not.

Guest guest

I am one of the disciples of this Guru, Bhakti Ratna Sadhu Swami Gaurangapad. I am very glad that Livingentity takes the liberty to decide who is bonafide and who is not. You must be a very elevated and senior devotee to have this capacity, so I offer my obeisances unto you. I would not dare to measure you or your Guru, but this is because I am not as elevated as you.

Those mantras you are speaking about is "Nityananda" and "Gouranga". All the statements on the website are based on quotations from Srila Prabhupad, Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati and Bhaktivinod Thakur.

As for someone's guru not agreeing with neophytes chanting the names of Gauranga and Nityananda in the beginning, please ask your respectable Guru Maharaj to open Caitanya Caritamrta, and read the following purport by Srila Prabhupada:

(Shrila Prabhupada in Cc Adi 8.31 purp) "A neophyte student who is not sufficiently educated or enlightened should not indulge in the worship of Sri Radha and Krsna or the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. Even if he does so, he cannot get the desired result. One should therefore chant the names of Nitai-Gaura and worship Them without false prestige. In the beginning one should very regularly chant Sri Gaurasundara’s holy name and then chant the holy name of Lord Nityananda. Thus one's heart will be cleansed of impure desires for material enjoyment. Then one can approach Vrndavana-dhama to worship Lord Krsna."

So from now on you should know that by criticizing this process you are criticizing Srila Prabhupada's direct instruction.

I consider it very offensive and stupid to start a campaign against a certain Guru and his teachings. Let the devotees see the website and decide for themselves. I do not know why some people believe they are some supreme authorities to tell others what to believe, what to follow etc. This offensive mentality had caused the falldown of many devotees in the past, including so called "gurus", so all sincere devotees should avoid offending Vaishnavas, especially those who they know nothing about. If someone feels an urge to criticize, let him or her stand in front of the mirror, and just go ahead.

Guest guest

Some of the references from the Vedic scriptures regarding the glories of the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas are as follows:

(1) SHRILA SHIVANANDA SENA CHANTS JAPA OF THE 4-SYLLABLE GAURA-GOPALA-MANTRA

The four-syllable Gauranga (Gaura Gopala) Mantra is the most worshipable ista-mantra of Shrila Shivananda Sena who chanted the Mantra constantly as per Shri Caitanya-caritamrita Antya-lila 2.24,31:

apane bolana more, iha yadi jani;

amara ista-mantra jani' kahena apani.

‘gaura-gopala mantra’ tomara cari aksara;

avisvasa chada, yei kariyacha antara"

Nakula Brahmacari told Sivananda Sena, "You are chanting the Gaura Gopala Mantra, composed of four syllables (which is your ista-mantra i.e. worshipable mantra). Now please give up the doubts that have resided within you about the avesha of Lord Gauranga in me."

Purport by Srila Prabhupada:

"Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura explains the Gaura-Gopala mantra in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya. Worshipers of Sri Gaurasundara accept the four syllables 'gau-ra-an-ga' as the Gaura mantra, but pure worshipers of Radha and Krsna accept the four syllables ra-dha krs-na as the Gaura-gopala mantra. However, Vaisnavas consider Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu nondifferent from Radha-Krsna (sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya). Therefore one who chants the mantra "gauranga" and one who chants the names of Radha and Krsna are on the same level."

Purport by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his Amrita-pravaha-bhashya:

gaura-gopala-mantra gauravadi gana 'gauranga' name catura-aksara

gaura-mantra ke uddesya karena; kevala krsnavadi gana ei

gaura-gopala-mantra sabde radha-krsnera

catura-aksara-mantrake uddesya karena.

"The following is the explanation of the Gaura-gopala mantra. The followers of Lord Gauranga accept 'Gauranga' as the four-syllable mantra and the followers of only Krsna accept 'Radha-Krsna' as the Gaura-gopala mantra. The followers of both Lord Gauranga and Lord Krsna accept either one of them as the Gaura-gopala mantra understanding that They are non-different from each other."

(2) CHAITANYA MANGALA: LORD GAURANGA IS WORSHIPED IN GOLOKA BY ALL HIS ETERNAL ASSOCIATES BY THE CHANTING OF THE GAURANGA MANTRARAJA

The four-syllable Gauranga Mantra is chanted in Goloka Vrndavana by all the eternal associates of the Lord in the direct worship of Lord Gauranga:

In Sri Caitanya-mangala Sutra-khanda Verse 527 by Shrila Locana Dasa Thakura, the four-syllable Gauranga-mantra is described as the Mantra through which Lord Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu is worshipped in Goloka Vrindavana, the topmost Vaikuntha planet in the spiritual world:

hema-gaura kalevara, mantra chari-akshara;

sahaja vaikuntha-natha shyama.

"The Lord sits on a golden bejewelled throne. He posseses a complexion millions of times more brilliant than the colour of molten gold. He is worshipped by all His devotees by the chanting of the four-syllable Mantraraja 'Gauranga'."

(3) DIRECT ORDER OF THE SUPREME LORD ADI-GURU SHRI NITYANANDA BALARAMA TO CHANT THE GAURANGA MANTRA ALWAYS

It is the direct, open and primary instruction of the Guru of all Gurus Adi-Guru, Sakshat-Mula-Sankarshana, origin of the spiritual and material worlds Lord Shri Nityananda Balarama to all the moving and non-moving living entities to take constant shelter of chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja as quoted by Shrila Prabhupada himself:

bhaja gauranga kaha gauranga

laha gaurangera nama re;

ye jana gauranga bhaje sei amara prana re.

Lord Nityananda instructs all living entities: "Worship Gauranga, chant the 'Gauranga' Mantraraja and take the Holy Name of 'Gauranga'. Those who will worship Gauranga in this way by constantly chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja are veritably My life and soul and I personally give them all protection."

(This verse is also quoted by Shrila Prabhupada in his lecture, Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Adi-lila 7.5, Mayapur, March 7, 1974)

"You can also chant the prayer you asked about. This was spoken by Lord Nityananda while He was preaching in the town. He was addressing the people: 'My dear brothers, you simply worship Lord Caitanya; talk of Lord Caitanya; speak Lord Caitanya's Name, so anyone who does so, he is my life and soul." (SP in Letter to: Mahapurusa, Los Angeles, 7 March, 1968)

Chaitanya-Charitamrita Madhya lila 1.29:

‘caitanya’ seva, ‘caitanya’ gao,

lao ‘caitanya’ nama

‘caitanye’ ye bhakti kare, sei mora prama

Lord Nityananda implored; "Serve Lord Gauranga, sing the Holy Name of Lord Gauranga and chant Lord Gauranga's Name in japa. Those who worship Lord Gauranga in this way are My life and soul."

kasta nahi, vyaya nahi na pabe yatana;

srigauranga bali nace nahika bhavana.

(Sri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, Chp 1)

Lord Nityananda instructs all the living entities:

"There is no trouble or loss nor will you suffer anymore, if you forget yourself in bliss while dancing and chanting the name of Gauranga."

Shrila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his song 'Boro Sukher Khabor Gai', from the Vaishnava-siddhanta-mala:

ek-bar dekhle cakse jal,

gaura bole nitai den sakala sambal.

"When Lord Nityananda sees a tear welling in someone's eye upon chanting the Holy Name of Gauranga, He instantly gives His eternal support and shelter to that person; indeed, He bestows all divine opulences upon him or her."

--

(4) REPEATED RECOMMENDATION OF SHRILA NAROTTAMA DASA THAKURA

TO CHANT THE GAURANGA MANTRA

Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has explicity glorified the chanting of the Gauranga Mantraraja in his various songs:

je gaurangera nama loy, tara hoy premodoy,

tare mui jai bolihari.

"One who chants the Holy Name of 'Gauranga' instantly awakens his or her dormant pure love for Lord Krishna. I (Narottama) worship such a person and surrender to him."

grhe ba vanete thake, ‘ha gauranga’ bole dake, narottama mage tara sanga.

"It is not so important whether one resides in the house or in the forest, but if he is feelingly chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja, then I (Narottama) want his constant association."

gauranga balite habe pulaka sarira;

hari hari balite nayane ba'be nira.

"In the beginning, when by chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja, my body will feel waves of ecstasy, only then will I be able to shed tears while chanting the names of Lord Hari in the form of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra."

--

(5) THERE IS NO OTHER WAY IN KALI-YUGA EXCEPT THE GAURANGA MANTRARAJA:

Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, Chp 1:

kali jivera aparadha asankhya durvara;

gauranga-nama vina tara nahika uddhara.

"The offenses and sins of the living entities in Kali-yuga are unlimited and absolutely insurmountable. That is why the souls can never ever be delivered without the regular chanting the most merciful Gauranga Mantraraja."

ataeva gaura vina kalite upaya;

na dekhi kothaya ara sastra phukaraya.

"Therefore I see no other means except Lord Gauranga's Name, Abode, Pastimes and Associates for everyone's deliverance in Kali-yuga and this is the repeated declaration of all Vedic scriptures."

Guest guest

(6) PARVATI AND SHIVA CHANT THE GAURANGA MANTRA CONSTANTLY

In Shri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, Chp 8, Lord Nityananda Prabhu tells Shrila Jiva Goswami:

(A) gauri saha siva gauranga-nama;

gaiya gaiya puraya kama.

"In Navadvipa, Lord Siva is constantly chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja alongwith his wife Gauri and thus fulfilling his innermost desires."

(B) gauranga bhajana sarala ati;

sahaja tahara phala-vitati.

"Lord Gauranga's worship by the chanting of the Gauranga Mantraraja is very easy and simple to perform. In return Lord Gauranga very easily and immediately rewards the worshiper with the desired results or fruits of his or her chanting."

© gauranga baliya krandana kare;

gauranga darsana paya satvare.

"One who chants the Gauranga Mantraraja and cries in ecstasy will receive the direct audience of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Gauranga and Radha-Krishna very quickly."

Sri Ananta-samhita, Sri Caitanya-janma-khanda, Part Two, Chapter Three, Text 54, Lord Siva tells Parvati:

dharayamy urdhva-vadane,

devesi samhitam imam;

mantram ca gauracandrasya,

namedam sarva-mangalam.

"O Parvati, the controller of all the demigods, I always recite with great enthusiasm this Ananta-samhita alongwith the Gauranga Mantraraja which is the most auspicious in this world."

(7) GAURANGA-MANTRA IS THE THE ONLY WAY ACHIEVE LORD KRISHNA

From Shri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, Chp 7, the great sage Shrila Narada Muni instructs King Suvarna Sena:

yei gauranganama labe, tate krsna krpa habe;

vraje vasa seita karibe

"Lord Krishna will be certainly merciful on the living entity who chants the name of Gauranga. Due to chanting the name of Gauranga, that soul will most certainly achieve residence in the eternal transcendental abode of Vrindavana."

gauranga-nama na laiya, yei krsna bhaje giya;

sei krsna bahu kale paya.

gauranga-nama laya jei, sadya krsna paya sei;

aparadha nahi rahe taya.

"If someone endeavours to worship Krishna without regularly chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja, then he or she will achieve Krishna only after a very prolonged period of time. But if someone takes shelter of the Holy Name of Lord Gauranga, he or she will achieve Krishna instantly because all the offenses will immediately cease to exist."

(8) JAIVA DHARMA STATES THAT LORD KRISHNA IS WORSHIPED BY CHANTING THE GAURANGA MANTRARAJA

Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura's Jaiva Dharma Chp 14 describes the process of worship of Lord Gauranga and Lord Krishna through the chanting of the Gauranga Mantraraja:

vrajanatha: sri gauranga yadi saksat paripurna-tattva hailena, tabe tanhara pujara vyavastha ki?

Vrajanatha: Since Sri Gauranga is the the original complete Absolute Truth, how should one worship Him?

babaji: gauranga-nama mantre gaurapuja karileo yaha haya, krsna-nama-mantre krsna-puja karileo tahai haya. krsna-mantre gaurapuja va gaura-mantre krsnapuja-sakalai eka. ihate je bheda- buddhi kare, se nitanta anabhijna ou kalira dasa.

Babaji: As one worships Lord Krsna by chanting the name and mantra of Krsna, so one should worship Lord Gauranga by chanting the name and mantra of Gauranga. One may worship Lord Gauranga by chanting the Krsna-mantra, or for that matter one may worship Lord Krsna by chanting the Gauranga-mantra. They are all the same. Anyone who thinks Lord Krsna and Lord Gauranga are different is a fool. He is a servant of Kali-yuga.

vrajanatha: channavatarera mantra ki-rupe paoya jaya?

Vrajanatha: Where to obtain the mantras to worship Lord Gauranga who has come as a covered incarnation?

babaji: je tantra prakasya-avataraganera mantra prakasarupe varnana kariyachena, sei tantrei channavatarera mantra channarupe likhiya rakhiyachena. yanhadera buddhi kutila naya, tahara bujhiya laite parena.

Babaji: The scriptures that openly give mantras for worshipping the openly manifested incarnations of the Lord, secretly reveal the mantras (the 4-syllable Gaura-Gopala Mantra, the 6-syllable Gaura Mantra etc) for worshiping the secret and hidden incarnation of Lord Gauranga. People whose intelligence is not crooked can understand and see the presence of these Mantrarajas in the scriptures.

(9) MILLIONS OF YEARS BY ONLY CHANTING THE HARE KRISHNA MAHA-MANTRA BUT ONLY A FEW DAYS BY CHANTING THE GAURANGA MANTRA

In Shri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, Chp 10, the personified holy place Pushkara instructs the brahmana in Navadvipa:

(A) **KOTI KOTI VARSE kari sri krsna bhajana; tathapi namete rati na paya durjana.

"A sinful or offensive person will not acquire attraction for the Hare Krishna Mahamantra or Lord Krishna's devotional service even if he or she chants the Mahamantra and worships Lord Krishna **FOR MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF YEARS**."

(B) gauranga bhajile dusta bhava dure jaya;

**SVALPA DINE vrajadhama radha-krsna paya.

"But if he or she worships Lord Gauranga by regularly chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja, then his sinful and crooked mentality will immediately leave him and **IN A VERY FEW DAYS** he will achieve Lord Radha-Krsna in the eternal abode of Vrajadhama."

© nija siddha-deha paya sakhira asraya;

nija-kunja sri yugala-seva tara haya.

"Simply by chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja he or she will then instantly achieve an eternally perfect spiritual body (siddha deha) and then the shelter of the sakhis or gopies in Vrndavana. Eventually one will begin one's direct service to Shri Radha-Krishna in one's own transcendental grove of Vrndavana in one's constitutional position. All this is achieved in a very few days simply by the chanting the the most powerful Gauranga Mantraraja."

Guest guest

(16) GREAT ACHARYAS HAVE CONSTANTLY CHANTED THE NITYANANDA MANTRARAJA

Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita Adi 11.33:

navadvipe purusottama pandita mahasaya,

nityananda-name yanra mahonmada haya

"Purusottama Pandita, a resident of Navadvipa, was the Krishna's eighth gopala, Stoka-Krsna for Vrindavan. He would become almost mad as soon as he chanted or heard the Nityananda Mantraraja."

Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita Adi 11.34

balarama dasa--krsna-prema-rasasvadi,

nityananda-name haya parama unmadi

"Balarama dasa always fully tasted the nectar of love of Krsna. He would become extremely maddened by constantly chanting and hearing the Nityananda Mantraraja."

nityananda bali yabe karena hunkara,

taha dekhi' lokera haya maha-camatkara

"Minaketana Ramadasa, the great associate of Lord Nityananda who constantly and loudly call out the 'Nityananda' Mantraraja constantly and by hearing this the people around him were filled with great wonder and astonishment of pure love."

(17) BY CHANTING THE NITYANANDA & GAURANGA MANTRARAJAS, SINFUL REACTIONS OF UNLIMITED NO. OF LIVES ARE IMMEDIATELY DESTROYED

Sri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, Chp 1, states:

gauranga-nitai yei bale eka bara;

ananta karama-dosa anta haya tara.

"The most fortunate person who chants the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas once immediately destroys the unlimited sinful reactions accumulated for unlimited number of past lives."

(18) THE WHOLE UNIVERSE IS PURIFIED BY CHANTING AND HEARING THE NITYANANDA MANTRARAJA

Chaitanya-Bhagavata Madhya 3.134:

vanik adhama murkha ye karila para

brahmanda pavitra haya nama laile yanra

"The entire universe is purified by chanting the name of Lord Nityananda as it is only He who delivered the fallen, the foolish, and the merchants."

Purport by Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada:

[...] nityanandera prabhura nama shravana karile jagatera sakala lokera papa-pravrtti prashamita haiya pavitra tara udaya haya. vanik, adhama, murkha-iharau pavitra haiya brahmajna u bhagavad-bhakta hana.

"Simply by chanting or hearing the name of Lord Nityananda, the sinful inclinations in the hearts of all the living entities in the universe are permanently destroyed and their inherent purity is automatically awakened. On chanting or hearing the name of Lord Nityananda, even the merchants, degraded, fallen and foolish people are purified and immediately become realized in the Absolute Truth and devotees of the Lord."

(19) BY CHANTING NITYANANDA & GAURANGA, KRISHNA-PREMA COMES SEARCHING AFTER THAT PERSON. ONE ACHIEVES KRISHNA-PREMA EVEN WITH OFFENSES IN HIS HEART AND THEN THE OFFENSES FLEE. WHAT A SUBLIME AND EASY WAY TO GET KRISHNA-PREMA!

nitai-caitanya bali yei jiva dake;

suvimala krsna-prema anvesaye thake.

"If one chants the names of Nityananda and Gauranga, the purest Krsna-prema (pure love of Krsna) comes searching after such a person."

aparadha badha tara kichu nahi kare;

nirmala krsna-preme tara ankhi jhare.

"The offenses (which may be present in the heart) don't create any obstacles in path of achieving this love and tears start flowing from his or her eyes in pure ecstatic love simply by chanting Nityananda and Gauranga."

svalpa kale aparadha apani palaya;

hrdaya sodhita haya prema bade taya.

"In a very short, the offenses themselves flee and the heart becomes completely purified and thus the love furthur increases."

(20) IN THE CHANTING OF THE NITYANANDA & GAURANGA MANTRARAJAS THERE ARE NO OFFENSES. SIMPLY BY CHANTING THEM LOVE OF GOD COMES & TEARS OF BLISS FLOW FROM OUR EYES

Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita Adi 8.31:

caitanya-nityanande nahi esaba vicara,

nama laite prema dena, vahe asrudhara

"But if one only chants, with some slight faith, the holy names of Gauranga and Nityananda, very quickly he is cleansed of all offenses. Since in the chanting of the names of Nityananda and Gauranga there is no consideration of offenses, one will very quickly come to the stage of love of God, simply by chanting Their names and tears of pure love for Krishna will flow from the eyes."

ANUBHASHYA PURPORT BY SHRILA BHAKTISIDDHANTA SARASVATI THAKURA PRABHUPADA:

Bengali: krsna-nama aparadhera vicara karena, gaura-nityanandera name aparadhera vicara nai. aparadhi krsna-nama grahana karilei kakhanei nama-phala (krsna-prema) labha karena na. aparadhi thaka-kaleu gaura-nityanandera nama grahanakari nama karite karite aparadha mocanante nama-phala labha karena. ihara vicara o siddhanta ei je-gaura-nityanandera nikata krsna-vimukha sadhaka krsna unmukha haibara janya gamana karena. ara sadhanasiddha, anarthamukta krsnanmukera uccarya krsna-nama anarthayukta avasthaya kakhanei phala (krsna-prema)pradana kare na. gaura-nityananda anarthayukta jivera sevya-vastu haoyaya tahadera seva jivera krsnaseva apeksa adhiktara prayojaniya. sadhaka siksara apraptite siddhabhimane krsna-namera seva karite udyata haile tahara anarthaei asiya upasthita haya; kintu nitai-gaurera bhajane siddhabhimanera chalana na rakhiya anarthayukta avasthayeo jagadguru siksaka dvayera nikata upasthita haile tahara tahadigake anarthamukta karaiya tanhadigera svayam-rupa o svayam-prakasa svarupa uplabdhi karana. tahatei jivera svarupa-jnanera udaya haya.

Translation: "The Hare Krsna Mahamantra considers the offenses whereas the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga don't consider offenses. An offensive chanter will never achieve the fruit of chanting (pure love for Krsna) simply by chanting the Hare Krsna Mahamantra."

(THE SECRET OF ALL SECRETS)

(Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta continues): "THEREORE TILL THE TIME HE IS COMMITTING OFFENSES, HE SHOULD REGULARLY CHANT THE NAMES OF Nityananda and Gauranga WHICH ARE THE GRAHANAKARI-NAMA (MOST IMPORTANT NAMES TO BE ACCEPTED AND CHANTED) FOR THE SADHAKA IN THE ANARTHA-YUKTA STAGE. DUE TO THE *REPEATED CHANTING (KARITE KARITE) OF THE NAMES OF Nityananda and Gauranga, ALL THE OFFENSES WILL BE DESTROYED AND HE WILL VERY QUICKLY ACHIEVE THE FRUIT OF THE CHANTING, PURE LOVE OF KRSNA."

(Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Prabhupada continues) "The philosophical principle behind these statements is as follows - The aspirant who is averse to Lord Krsna approaches Lords Nityananda and Gauranga to become attracted to Lord Krsna. The Hare Krsna Mahamantra can only be uttered purely by the sadhaka who is on the perfected stage (sadhana-siddha) and who is free from all anarthas (unwanted things in the heart). If sadhakas full of offenses chant only the Mahamantra, the Mahamantra will never give them love for Krsna.

"Thus Lords Nityananda and Gauranga and Their Holy Names are the most worshipable Lords for the souls who are full of offenses. That is why Their service and the service of Their Names, Abode and Pastimes is more appropriate and beneficial for these unfortunate souls than even the service of Lord Krsna. If the sadhaka without hearing proper instructions, proudly thinks himself to be on the perfected stage and tries to render direct service to the Hare Krsna Mahamantra by chanting it without regularly chanting the Holy Names of Nityananda and Gauranga, then the ten offenses will surely come and bar his progress. On the other hand, if the sadhaka who is full of offenses, gives up his sense of false pride of thinking himself on the perfected stage, and thus approaches the Names of the two Jagadgurus Lords Nityananda and Gauranga, worships Them and accepts Their instructions, Their Pastimes and Their devotees, They will quickly deliver him from all offenses and reward him with the realization of Their own forms (svarupas) of Svayam-Rupa (Lord Gauranga) and Svayam-Prakasa (Lord Nityananda). Then the soul realizes one own constitutional position in relation with the two Lords and thus achieves the supreme perfection."

Bengali: krsna-nama o gaura-nama,-ubhayei namira sahita abhinna. krsnke gaura apeksa laghu va sankirna baliya janile, uhake avidyara karya baliya janite haibe. prakrtapakse jivera prayojana-vicare sri gaura-nityanandera nama grahanera upayogita adhiktara. sri gaura-nityananda udara evam audaryera abhyantare madhura. krsnera udarta-kevala mukta, siddha asritajana ganera upara; gaura-nityanandera audarya-srote anarthayukta aparadhi jiva bhogamaya aparadhera haste haite mukta haiya gaura-krsnera .-padma labha karena.

English translation (Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Prabhupada continues): "The name of Krsna and Gauranga-both are non-different than the named Lord. Those who think that Krsna is any way inferior or limited than Gauranga are in gross ignorance."

(PRAYOJANA-VICARE - MORE USEFUL)

(Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Prabhupada continues): "BUT IN PRACTICAL (PRAYOJANA) CONSIDERATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE BENEFIT AWARDED TO THE CONDITIONED SOULS, THE CHANTING OF Nityananda and Gauranga'S NAME IS **MORE USEFUL AND HELPFUL** FOR EVERY LIVING ENTITY. THE MERCY OF LORD KRISHNA'S NAME IS GENERALLY ONLY UPON THE LIBERATED OR PERFECTED SOULS WHO ARE FULLY SURRENDERED TO HIM. BUT THE MAGNANIMITY AND MERCY OF LORD GAURANGA-NITYANANDA'S NAMES IS ESPECIALLY FOR THE SOULS WHO ARE OFFENDERS AND FULL OF ANARTHAS AND DESIRES FOR MATERIAL SENSE GRATIFICATION."

(Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Prabhupada continues)

"The chanting of Lord Nityananda and Gauranga's names and Their worship very quickly delivers the soul from all the offenses and thus the soul achieves shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Gauranga-Krsna."

In the Amrita Pravaha Bhashya to the introduction of Chaitanya-Charitamrita (Cc) Adi-lila Chapter 8, Shrila Bhaktivinoda writes:

ihAte bujhite haibe ye, nAmAparAdhIra sAttvika vikArAdi kevala chalamAtra | yini akapaTe caitanya-nityAnandera nAma laIyA Ananda prakAza karena, prabhudvaya tAGhAra hRdayake sAkSAt niraparAdha karena |

"We should factually understand that the ecsatic symptoms manifested by an offensive chanter of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra is simply a show or cheating. The Two Lords Nityananda and Gauranga make the heart of only that person pure and free of offenses who chant the Names of Nityananda and Gauranga and manifest great joy in doing it."

Guest guest

I think those who are commenting on this topic, they themselves have incomplete knowledge of Shrila Prabhupada's teachings and what is actually there in his books and teachings, what to speak of the teachings of the previous acharyas. But the sad, distressing and unfortunate thing is that they are claiming themselves as if they know everything and rejecting something which they have not even understood fully on the pretext of claiming themselves as loyal followers of Shrila Prabhupada.

To chant the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas is not something beyond the instructions of Shrila Prabhupada but is the direct and repeated instructions of Shrila Prabhupada himself. Some of the quotes of Shrila Prabhupada from the http://www.GaurangaDharma.org/ site are as follows:

Srila Prabhupada in Cc Antya-lila 2.31 purport: “Worshipers of Sri Gaurasundara accept the four syllables gau-ra-an-ga as the Gaura mantra, but pure worshipers of Radha and Krsna accept the four syllables ra-dha krs-na as the Gaura-gopala mantra. However, Vaisnavas consider Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu nondifferent from Radha-Krsna (sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya). Therefore one who chants the mantra “gauranga” and one who chants the names of Radha and Krsna are on the same level.”

Shrila Prabhupada regarding Japa of the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas on the beads:

Prabhupada: “Now, what is the difference, Nitai-Gauranga and Hare Krsna? Nitai-Gauranga and Hare Krsna, there is no difference. Nitai-Gauranga is also nice. Whatever he finds convenient, let him chant.” (Shrila Prabhupada's Room Conversation with Yoga Student specifically regarding Japa, March 14, 1975, Iran)

Shrila Prabhupada states that a Guru can choose a Mantra for his disciples as per their qualification, so anyone who criticizes such a Guru is directly criticizing the instructions of Shrila Prabhupada:

Shrila Prabhupada in Cc Madhya 24.330: “The spiritual master has to select a mantra for his disciple according to the disciple’s ability to chant different mantras.”

Shrila Prabhupada said any bonafide Name of God can be chanted in japa or kirtana so who can take such a big liberty of stating that GAURANGA is not a bonafide name of the Lord and that the Gaura Gopala Mantra is not authorized when it is glorified in all the revealed scriptures:

Shrila Prabhupada during a Room Conversation, August 14, 1971, London: Prabhupada: No. We are recommending “Chant the holy name of God.” So if you have got the holy name of God, you can chant that. Prabhupada: Anyway, if one chants Allah or Jesus Christ, we have no objection. We don’t say that you stop it. We say that you chant the holy name of God. If that name is of God, you chant.”

(Shrila Prabhupada in Cc Adi 8.31 purp)”A neophyte student who is not sufficiently educated or enlightened should not indulge in the worship of Sri Radha and Krsna or the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. Even if he does so, he cannot get the desired result. One should therefore chant the names of Nitai-Gaura and worship Them without false prestige. In the beginning one should *** very regularly *** chant Sri Gaurasundara’s holy name and then chant the holy name of Lord Nityananda. Thus one's heart will be cleansed of impure desires for material enjoyment. Then one can approach Vrndavana-dhama to worship Lord Krsna."

Shrila Prabhupada specifically states the two Names of Nityananda and Gauranga should be chanted before the Hare Krishna Mahamantra very regularly. The Pancha Tattva Mantra is also to be chanted before each round but not more than three times as per Shrila Prabhupada. But the TWO NAMES OF NITYANANDA AND GAURANGA should be chanted very regularly before the the Hare Krishna Mahamantra:

“It is very beneficial to chant the names sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda before chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra because by chanting ##### these TWO holy names #####—sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda—one immediately becomes ecstatic, and if he then chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra he becomes free of offenses.” (SP in Cc Adi 8.24 purport)

Srila Prabhupada in Cc Adi-lila 8.31 purport: “It should be noted in this connection that the holy names of Lord Krsna and Gaurasundara are both identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore one should not consider one name to be more potent than the other. Considering the position of the people of this age, however, the *** chanting *** of Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu’s name is *** more essential *** than the chanting of the Hare Krsna mahä-mantra because Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu is the most magnanimous incarnation and His mercy is very easily achieved.”

On board the ship Jaladuta, September 13, 1965, Verse 3, by Shrila Prabhupada: “By his (my Guru Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada’s) strong desire, THE HOLY NAME OF GAURANGA will first spread throughout all the countries of the Western world. Then in all the cities, towns, and villages on the earth, from all the oceans, seas, rivers, and streams, everyone will chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra.”

Shrila Prabhupada’s Letter to: Niranjana, Brooklyn, 21 May, 1973: “You mention that they have not even heard of Lord Gauranga. So that is their misfortune, and our misfortune also. _________________ in India, they could not preach Lord Gauranga’s name all over India.”

Shrila Prabhupada’s Letter to: Shachimata, Bombay, 8 December, 1974: “It is the advice of Narottama das Thakura to chant the holy name of Gauranga either if one remains at home or in the forest. Similarly, do not forget the chanting of the Hare Krishna mantra either you live in the temple or at home.”

Shrila Prabhupada in Srimad-Bhagavatam Lecture 2.1.2, Vrndavana, March 17, 1974: “Then you become gosvami. Then, as Narottama dasa Thakura says, grhe va banete thake ha gauranga bole dake. Ha gauranga, ‘Always chanting Nitai-Gaura, and thinking of Nitai-Gaura,’ such person, Narottama dasa Thakura says... Grhe va... ‘He may be a sannyasi, or he may be a grhastha. It doesn't matter. Because he is absorbed in the thought of Nitai-Gaura.’ So narottama mage tanra sanga: ‘Narottama is always desiring to associate with such person.’”

Shrila Prabhupada in Sri Caitanya-caritamrta class, Adi-lila 7.4, Mayapur, March 4, 1974: “Narottama dasa Thakura is aspiring for the day when Nityananda Prabhu will be pleased upon him. Just like Jagai-Madhai was delivered by the mercy of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, so we have to pray Nityananda Prabhu. He's very merciful. He's so kind, Baladeva, He gives spiritual strength. Then we can approach the Supreme Lord. Therefore we chant “Nitai-Gaura.” This is the process. We cannot change this policy.”

Shrila Prabhupada in Krsna Book Chp 20, Description of Autumn: “Srila Narottama däsa Thakura prays that he will have the association of a person—either a householder or a man in the renounced order of life—who is engaged in the transcendental loving service of the Lord and is always crying the holy name of Lord Caitanya.”

Shrila Prabhupada in SB 1.5.16 purport:

“The expert devotees also can discover novel ways and means to convert the nondevotees in terms of particular time and circumstance. Devotional service is dynamic activity, and the expert devotees can find out competent means to inject it into the dull brains of the materialistic population. Such transcendental activities of the devotees for the service of the Lord can bring a new order of life to the foolish society of materialistic men.”

Shrila Prabhupada in Cc Adi 7.31-32 purport:

“Here is an important point. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to invent a way to capture the Mayavadis and others who did not take interest in the Krsna consciousness movement. This is the symptom of an acarya. An acarya who comes for the service of the Lord cannot be expected to conform to a stereotype, for he must find the ways and means by which Krsna consciousness may be spread.”

Hare Krishna

I don't think LE offended anybody by her comments, to say she did is an offence in way, i am only coming to her rescue (lol), because she has been very helpful, to a lot of devotees on this forum, i don't know much about paragraphs being changed around etc, but the fact is Swamiji is in my view (its obvious) trying to establish a new Math, many Gurus do this, nothing wrong with it, Swami Gaurangapada should be glorified as should other devotees, for spreading KC, haribol!!

"As for someone's guru not agreeing with neophytes chanting the names of Gauranga and Nityananda in the beginning, please ask your respectable Guru Maharaj to open Caitanya Caritamrta, and read the following purport by Srila Prabhupada"

•••hare krishna prabhu, better not to answer in that way, especially to one who was respectiful and happy of the existence of the site and of the devotees connected with it.

So, there's basically no problem in the way you chant the names of the lord and at wich stage you chant gauranga and at wich stage you chant hare krishna, everything is pure transcendental bliss, but there's no doubt that prabhupada started his mission in the west chanting hare krishna alone, than with absolute neophytes, in the tompkins square park N.Y. and there's no doubt that my guru maharaja Srila BhaktVaibhava Puri Maharaja (disciple of srila bhaktisiddhanta sarasvati goswami) one of the most senior and respected vaishnavas in the world, recommends to everyone to chant constantly hare krishna mahamantra at any stage of spiritual advancement..

so please do not be offensive to counteract imaginary offenses :-) and please accept this absolutely harmless difference of opinion between us and, in my opinion, surely believe that if you push too much on this point you will not have any creative exchange with the 99.99999999% of the vaishnavas in the world

To chant the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas is not something beyond the instructions of Shrila Prabhupada but is the direct and repeated instructions of Shrila Prabhupada himself.

Yet Srila Prabhupada never had any of his disciples chant anything on japa beads except the Hare Krishna maha-mantra. In fact he chastised his disciples for manufacturing a process of sadhana different than what he taught:

"Who is that rascal sannyasi who has recommended to chant Pancha Tattva mantra on the japa beads? First, send me his name.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well wisher,

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

There is nothing wrong with chanting the pancatattva mantra (or the nityananda gouranga mantras) on japa beads (as They accept no offenses) except for one thing: It's a speculation and a deviation from Srila Prabhupada's personal instructions on sadhana, a guru aparadha. That in and of itself is enough reason to reject it.

To propagate it as though it was Srila Prabhupada's personal instruction or desire that everyone would perform this sadhana is misleading and quite offensive to Srila Prabhupada. If it were so he would have had his disciples do it. Certainly his disciples were coming from the most fallen backgrounds, yet he gave them the Hare Krishna maha-mantra.

It is a fact that this is not the sadhana that Srila Prabhupada taught, regardless if you can find several quotes in his writings glorifying the chanting of Mahaprabhu's names. To say anything else is just a sign that one has not studied Srila Prabhupada's life and teachings enough.

I am happy to see people chanting the names of Mahaprabhu and have nothing bad to say about the Swamiji who teaches this path. It is a great path and will certainly bring spiritual advancement to the practitioners. But it is not the path and sadhana taught by Srila Prabhupada, whom I follow.

Srila Prabhupada was always extremely angry when his disciples would try to change the simple process of Krishna consciousness that he gave us. When some sannyasi tried suggesting that we needed to chant the panchatattva mantra on japa beads (since we are all the most fallen), Prabhupada replied, "Who is this rascal." Not because the Pancatattva mantra cannot be chanted on japa beads, but because some rascal wanted to distort the pure message and instructions that Srila Prabhupada had given everyone - all in the name of Srila Prabhupada himself.

look, one of my very good friends is also a disciple of your guru and he does not feel that anything I have said is offensive to your guru. All I said is that if you want to follow Prabhupada then this site might be confusing to you. I do find it offensive myself however, that he uses Prabhupada pictures on his site when his teachings are differing. This has caused much confusion. He also has changed around some of PRabhupada's quotes which has also created confusion for some people.

But then this is the way of internet forums....surface read the posts and come in with your dukes flying.

LOL....have fun.

my friend who is one of your godbrothers enjoys discussing with me the differences in teachings of His guru and Prabhupada. My friend tells me I am much much kinder to him concerning his guru than anyone else he has come across from ISKCON etc. He has been very ill treated by others on some devotee chat rooms such as the ones in Paltalk.

Guest guest

It is very surprising that jndas contradicts himself in his post. On one hand he says it is great to chant Mahaprabhu's Names and the devotees are making spiritual advancement by doing it and on the other hand he says it is guru aparadha to chant the Gauranga Mantra on beads and should be rejected because it is for the rascals.

If this was the case Lord Nityananda should be rejected first since He is constantly chanting the Gauranga Mantra and is instructing all the living entities to constantly do the same. Can he supply any shastric proof that chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja on beads is guru aparadha? Was Shrila Shivananda Sena (incarnation of Vira and Duti gopis in Gauranga lila) doing guru aparadha when he was chanting the Gaura Gopala Mantra on beads? How can Shrila Prabhupada reject the great process of Gauranga mantra japa which was practiced by all the great associates of Lord Gauranga and Lord Nityananda Himself? Stating that the process of japa of the Gauranga Mantra should be rejected and that is what Shrila Prabhupada wanted is infact the greatest offense against Shrila Prabhupada since it shows him directly against the order of Lord Nityananda which he can never be because he is a direct associate of Lord Nityananda Prabhu.

In regards to Pancha Tattva Mantra, this Mantra has been most mercifully given to us by Shrila Prabhupada to be chanted before the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. But Shrila Prabhupada refused to allow us to chant the Pancha Tattva Mantra on beads because it has not been explicitly chanted by any our previous acharyas nor mentioned in any of our scriptures or commentaries of our previous acharyas. This quote of Shrila Prabhupada should never be applied to the chanting of the most authentic 4-syllable Gaura Gopala Mantra on beads.

Shrila Prabhupada has never said anything against the chanting of this bonafide Gauranga Mantra on the beads. And he can ever do so because the Gaura Gopala Mantra has been chanted by our previous acharyas on beads unlike the the Pancha tattva Mantra. Infact Shrila Prabhupada has stated as posted above that: "anyone who chants the Gauranga mantra and anyone who chants the the Hare Krishna Mahamantra are on the same level." So Shrila Prabhupada has accepted and authenticated the chanting of the Gauranga Mantra on beads. The word "chant" used by Shrila Prabhupada here means both japa and kirtana.

As regards to why did Shrila Prabhupada did not introduce it as a sadhana directly and give the Hare Krishna Mahamantra to the most fallen people, it is upto each spiritual master to choose suitable Mantras for his disciples. Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada chose the Gayatri Mantras for his disciples which were not chosen by his own gurudeva. Shrila Prabhupada being a Mahabhagavata can impart people direct qualification to chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra and personally does not need to comply to his own instructions in his books that neophyte students should not indulge directly in the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra but take very regular shelter of chanting the Names fo Nityananda and Gauranga. And according to Shrila Prabhupada

an expert preacher can introduce specific powerful means from the scriptures and acharyas to quickly bring the people to the point of achieving real taste attachment to chanting the pure the Hare Krishna Mahamantra.

So some of the followers of Shrila Prabhupada rather than trying to simply imitate what Shrila Prabhupada did, may want to implement these instructions of Shrila Prabhupada in Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita by preaching the sublime process chanting of Nityananda and Gauranga's Names before beginning the chanting of 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. So these followers are simply trying to implement Shrila Prabhupada's instructions and the other followers who may not want to personally follow the process are free to do so and keep a neutral position.

It is not expected that those who consider themselves as "loyal" followers of Shrila Prabhupada may personally accept this sadhana of chanting the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas, but it is also a henious offense against Shrila Prabhupada himself to criticize or reject or minimize the process chanting of the Gauranga Mantra on beads in the name of Shrila Prabhupada as Shrila Prabhupada has himself authorized the chanting of the Gauranga Mantra on beads: "Therefore *ONE WHO CHANTS THE MANTRA "GAURANGA" and ONE WHO CHANTS THE NAMES OF RADHA AND KRSNA ARE ON THE SAME LEVEL." (Srila Prabhupada in Cc Antya-lila 2.31 purport)

It is very surprising that jndas contradicts himself in his post. On one hand he says it is a great path to chant Mahaprabhu's Names and the devotees are making spiritual advancement by doing it and on the other hand he says it is guru aparadha, speculation, deviation etc to chant the Gauranga Mantra on beads and should be rejected because it is for the rascals.

If this was the case Lord Nityananda should be rejected first since He is constantly chanting the Gauranga Mantra and is instructing all the living entities to constantly do the same. Can he supply any shastric proof that chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja on beads is guru aparadha? Was Shrila Shivananda Sena (incarnation of Vira and Duti gopis in Gauranga lila) doing guru aparadha when he was chanting the Gaura Gopala Mantra on beads? How can Shrila Prabhupada reject the great process of Gauranga mantra japa which was practiced by all the great associates of Lord Gauranga and Lord Nityananda Himself? Stating that the process of japa of the Gauranga Mantra should be rejected and that is what Shrila Prabhupada wanted is infact the greatest offense against Shrila Prabhupada since it shows him directly against the order of Lord Nityananda which he can never be because he is a direct associate of Lord Nityananda Prabhu.

In regards to Pancha Tattva Mantra, this Mantra has been most mercifully given to us by Shrila Prabhupada to be chanted before the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. But Shrila Prabhupada refused to allow us to chant the Pancha Tattva Mantra on beads because it has not been explicitly chanted by any our previous acharyas nor mentioned in any of our scriptures or commentaries of our previous acharyas. This quote of Shrila Prabhupada should never be applied to the chanting of the most authentic 4-syllable Gaura Gopala Mantra on beads.

Shrila Prabhupada has never said anything against the chanting of this bonafide Gauranga Mantra on the beads. And he can ever do so because the Gaura Gopala Mantra has been chanted by our previous acharyas on beads unlike the the Pancha tattva Mantra. Infact Shrila Prabhupada has stated as posted above that: "anyone who chants the Gauranga mantra and anyone who chants the the Hare Krishna Mahamantra are on the same level." So Shrila Prabhupada has accepted and authenticated the chanting of the Gauranga Mantra on beads. The word "chant" used by Shrila Prabhupada here means both japa and kirtana.

As regards to why did Shrila Prabhupada did not introduce it as a sadhana directly and give the Hare Krishna Mahamantra to the most fallen people, it is upto each spiritual master to choose suitable Mantras for his disciples. Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada chose the Gayatri Mantras for his disciples which were not chosen by his own gurudeva. Shrila Prabhupada being a Mahabhagavata can impart people direct qualification to chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra and personally does not need to comply to his own instructions in his books that neophyte students should not indulge directly in the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra but take very regular shelter of chanting the Names fo Nityananda and Gauranga. And according to Shrila Prabhupada

an expert preacher can introduce specific powerful means from the scriptures and acharyas to quickly bring the people to the point of achieving real taste attachment to chanting the pure the Hare Krishna Mahamantra.

So some of the followers of Shrila Prabhupada rather than trying to simply imitate what Shrila Prabhupada did, may want to implement these instructions of Shrila Prabhupada in Shri Chaitanya Charitamrita by preaching the sublime process chanting of Nityananda and Gauranga's Names before beginning the chanting of 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. So these followers are simply trying to implement Shrila Prabhupada's instructions and the other followers who may not want to personally follow the process are free to do so and keep a neutral position.

It is not expected that those who consider themselves as "loyal" followers of Shrila Prabhupada may personally accept this sadhana of chanting the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas, but it is also a henious offense against Shrila Prabhupada himself to criticize or reject or minimize the process chanting of the Gauranga Mantra on beads in the name of Shrila Prabhupada as Shrila Prabhupada has himself authorized the chanting of the Gauranga Mantra on beads: "Therefore *ONE WHO CHANTS THE MANTRA "GAURANGA" and ONE WHO CHANTS THE NAMES OF RADHA AND KRSNA ARE ON THE SAME LEVEL." (Srila Prabhupada in Cc Antya-lila 2.31 purport)

So those followers of Shrila Prabhupada who do not want to personally accept this process of chanting the Gauranga Mantra should at least give equal respect to the devotees who are chanting the Gauranga Mantra along with the Pancha Tattva Mantra and the Hare Krishna Mahamantra as per the above quote of Shrila Prabhupada. What of speaking of ridiculing or rejecting this process which has been authorized by Shrila Prabhupada?

It is not that if one or a few Acharyas in the parampara do not externally implement a bonafide process of chanting a bonafide Mantra which was practiced by previous acharyas, that process has to rejected forever and is to be made taboo. The Lord and the acharyas may inspire some devotee to take up the process when the time, place and circumstance is ripe or suitable and implement it for the supreme welfare of all his followers and devotees.

So we request all the loyal followers of Shrila Prabhupada that they have the independence to accept this process or not and there is no force and are free to do whatever they want, but not to critcize our Guru Maharaj and the devotees who are chanting the most merciful sublime Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas in addition to the Hare Krishna Mahamantra and not to reject this process in the name of Shrila Prabhupada. One can always say that one is neutral to this and one does not want to undertake this process and wants to simply chant Hare Krishna Mahamantra. That is perfectly alright in spiritual life because it is a voluntary and spontaneous relationship with the Lord.

We are not forcing nor even preaching to devotees who are already chanting the Pancha Tattva Mantra and the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. And neither are we criticizing or minimizing any devotees who are doing the above. We respect them greatly. So we expect the same from them. Since we are trying to implement Shrila Prabhupada’s instructions for the benefit of the fallen conditioned souls to make them qualified to chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra by taking the very regular shelter of the Names of Nityananda and Gauranga.

It is very surprising that jndas contradicts himself in his post. On one hand he says it is great to chant Mahaprabhu's Names and the devotees are making spiritual advancement by doing it and on the other hand he says it is guru aparadha to chant the Gauranga Mantra on beads and should be rejected because it is for the rascals.

JNdas gave the quote from Prabhupada, so you are really trying to argue with His Divine Grace.

The fact is no one needs any permission from you or your guru or anyone else to chant the names of Nitai Gaura.

I am one of the disciples of this Guru, Bhakti Ratna Sadhu Swami Gaurangapad. I am very glad that Livingentity takes the liberty to decide who is bonafide and who is not. You must be a very elevated and senior devotee to have this capacity, so I offer my obeisances unto you. I would not dare to measure you or your Guru, but this is because I am not as elevated as you.

I have no knowledge of the person in question, but I just wanted to say how much I hate the feigned humility ..

Hare Krishna

Theist ji:

The fact is no one needs any permission from you or your guru or anyone else to chant the names of Nitai Gaura.

Jai!

----

Guest Prabhuji

Also, to be proud of chanting Nitai-Gauranga, is not very good either, same with maha-mantra, lord caitanya mahaprabhu says in siksastamkam verse 3, to chant without false prestige, just because there are no considerations in chanting nitai-gauranga not mean, anything, what i mean is, srila prabhupada gave us the pancha-tattva mantra (before chanting) which invokes all lord caitanya's associates, so it is POWERFUL, and no idea about what i am about to say is bona-fide or not, but chanting 10 rounds of nitai-gauranga before each round making 20, and chanting 20 chants of pancha-tattva mantra before each round is on the same level, otherwise srila prabhupada would not not emphazized chanting pancha-tattva mantra, also should be noted that nitai-gauranga chanting is most effective in KIRTAN, sorry for the long post, haribol!!