IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Starman

What is the Gauranga Dharma...

Rate this topic

It is very surprising that jndas contradicts himself in his post. On one hand he says it is great to chant Mahaprabhu's Names and the devotees are making spiritual advancement by doing it and on the other hand he says it is guru aparadha to chant the Gauranga Mantra on beads and should be rejected because it is for the rascals.

There is no contradiction. Srila Prabhupadapada says even those who chant "Nitai Gaur Radhe Shyam Japa Hare Krishna Hare Rama" attain spiritual ecstasy despite the mantra being a sahajiya concoction, so what then of chanting the bonafide names of Gouranga and Nityananda.

What is the guru aparadha is when someone is a follower of Srila Prabhupada, yet refuses to take the humble position of disciple and does not follow what he taught. Srila Prabhupada has given a sadhana that will be followed by all of his disciples and grand disciples. Any follower of Srila Prabhupada who wants to manufacture his own system of sadhana while neglecting Srila Prabhupada's personal example and instructions is an offender to Srila Prabhupada. Since Swami Gaurangapad is not a follower or disciple of Srila Prabhupada he is not offending Srila Prabhupada (though misusing Srila Prabhupada's name may be another case). Being a follower of Srila Prabhupada doesn't mean you say Prabhupada is a great guy, it means being humble and following his order.

For those following Srila Prabhupada's teachings, it is offensive to disregard his instructions and manufacture another process of sadhana.

You should ask your guru why Srila Prabhupada condemned his disciples for chanting Panchatattva mantra on japa beads. If he cannot explain the scientific reason why, then that means he is not qualified or knowledgeable enough to decide which mantras can and cannot be chanted on japa beads for sadhana. Last time I saw his answer he admited he did not know why Srila Prabhupada condemned it.

Does anyone here actually believe Srila Prabhupada would be happy or wanted initiated devotees to be able to choose to chant just four rounds of Hare Krishna mahamantra if they chanted more rounds of Nityananda Gauranga?

It's a great thing to chant the names of Mahaprabhu and Nityananda, but they shouldn't claim it has anything to do with Srila Prabhupada.

In case anyone has not seen him before, you can see a picture of Swami Gaurangapad here:

http://vyasapuja.gaurangadharma.org/

<font color="blue">Does anyone here actually believe Srila Prabhupada would be happy or wanted initiated devotees to be able to choose to chant just four rounds of Hare Krishna mahamantra if they chanted more rounds of Nityananda Gauranga?</font color>

It's a great thing to chant the names of Mahaprabhu and Nityananda, <font color="red">but they shouldn't claim it has anything to do with Srila Prabhupada.</font color>

definitely read his bio when you visit the site.

One wonders whether the guru took initiation in ISKCON after five years. Why did he leave ISKCON? One also wonders if he has some written support of his focus on Gauranga mantra from his master of a couple years.

I must admit that when I came back into this world, out of fear of my known fallen nature and fear of offense to Sri Krsna, my immediate desire was to place the Panca-tattva mantra in my mind. But I now know that surrender is possible from the Mahamantra platform. When Hare Krsna is happening I can bearly tear myself away to say "Nitai-Gaura" between rounds; and sometimes it is not possible. Both names are elevating, but "Krsna" was the order of Gauranga, so that is my heart. I am sure Gaurangapada will shift the emphasis for his more elevated students to the mahamantra, Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

Nityananda-Gauranga

gHari

Guest guest

There are some so-called followers who concoct,speculate and alter the sadhana practices of the guru .For example ,there are some 'disciplesw ' of Gour Govinda Swami who chant the pranam mantra og their gurudev on the japa beads as a regular daily function,as some sort of gopi mantra .This is cheating sahajism.They think they know something the rest of us'losers' don't.

Guest guest

Dear Gaurahari Prabhu, thank you for your hatred-, pride- and arrogance-free post. Although you disagree, you do it in a civilized, humble manner. You simply disagree, without considering yourself as a kind of supreme authority who can perfectly decide which Vaishnava or sadhana is bogus and which is not. You disagree without making arrogant and offensive statements. I wish all of the devotees could have your exemplary Vaishnava attitude.

I think every devotee can imagine what it feels like to read posts that call their Gurudev 'bogus' and 'aparadhi'. It feels extremely painful. Anyone can imagine to read the same about one's own Guru, and see how it feels. I felt similarly when on the Raganuga forums I read offences against Srila Prabhupad, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati and Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur. There is no Guru who is not criticized, who cannot be found faults in. So I am praying that you will never read posts where your Gurus will be called bogus and aparadhi. I do not wish that you feel the same pain in your hearts, to see people blaspheming someone who gave life to your half dead bhakti-lata, who is inspiring you all the time. I do not have to explain how we feel when our most beloved Gurudevas are being blasphemed. And I repeat: one can disagree, that is all right. But one can do it in a way like Gaurahari Prabhu, without being offensive and arrogant.

Dandavat pranams.

trnad api sunicena

taror api sahisnuna

amanina manadena

kirtaniyah sada harih

Nityananda-Gouranga, Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Puri Gauranga das

I am not even sure I disagree. I do not know enough about Gaurangapada to have an opinion. Having been a rogue in my youth, I do have some idea of the power of Lord Caitanya's name, so I am hoping His mercy carries your humble heart to Sri Krsna.

My heart tells me that Srila Gaurangapada uses Gauranga's name to clear the heart for the mahamantra. If there was any method in my life, it would have had to be just that.

All glories to Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His most merciful name.

gHari

Guest guest

jndas has concluded that the chanting of the most merciful Gauranga nama as " a speculation and a deviation from Srila Prabhupada's personal instructions on sadhana, a guru aparadha." By concluding this , he has actually committed a extremely severe guru aparadha because the original Guru , Lord Nityananda Prabhu had repeatedly recommended the chanting of the most merciful Gauranga nama. All gurus naturally respect the vani of lord Nityananda and all gurus dedicate their lifes to simply transmitt the orders of lord Nityananda who had said the following:

bhaja gauranga kaha gauranga

laha gaurangera nama re;

ye jana gauranga bhaje sei amara prana re.

"Worship Gauranga, describe Gauranga's glories and take the Holy Name of Lord Gauranga. Those who will worship Lord Gauranga in this way by constantly chanting His name are veritably My life and soul and I will give them all protection.

"laha Gaurangera nama" clearly means chant the holy name of Gauranga...and Nityananda prabhu says such people who chant the Gauranga nama becomes "sei amara prana re" means His life and soul.

Now jndas describes such exalted and most purifying chanting of Gauranga nama as guru aparadha.....I think jndas is attacking the most merciful nama of Gauranga ...this is the symptom of Kaliyuga ..

Krishna nama and Gauranga nama are non-different and since holy name of krishna is worshippable and chanted with great reverence , same way gauranga nama is worshippable and must be respected .

Jndas goes on saying:

"In fact he chastised his disciples for manufacturing a process of sadhana different than what he taught:

"Who is that rascal sannyasi who has recommended to chant Pancha Tattva mantra on the japa beads? "

Now let us closely analyse the above statements of jndas which indicate how much he is deviated from srila prabhupad...

Now according to him, Prabhupad never "TAUGHT" the chanting of Gauranga nama..which is totally false and extreme misunderstanding of prabhupad because prabhupad expresses in his jaladhuta trip that the holy name of Guaranga will spread throught western countries.

Always chant Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! and be happy in Gauranga Dharma!

Gauranga Dharma Presents Gauranga Yoga Mantra Meditation on the Three Kings of all Mantras in Kali-Yuga:

The Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas

and the Hare Krishna Mahamantra

The Supreme Glories of Chanting The Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas

in Japa and Kirtana

Lord Shri Shri Radha-Krishna advented as the supremely magnanimous combined golden form of Lord Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu on 18th February 1486, Lord Shri Balarama advented as Lord Shri Nityananda Prabhu on 11th January 1473, Shri Vrindavana-Dhama advented as Shri Navadvipa Dhama (130 kms north of Calcutta), all the eternal associates of Radha-Krishna advented as the eternal associates of Nityananda-Gauranga, Shrimad-Bhagavata advented as Shri Chaitanya-Bhagavata and the "Nityananda" & "Gauranga" Mantras advented as the King of All Mantras (Mantrarajas) along with the Hare Krishna Mahamantra to deliver the entire universe in Kali-Yuga.

The supreme glories of regular chanting the Nityananda Mantraraja and Gauranga Mantraraja on japa beads and kirtana alongwith the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, all three of which are eternally effulgent in the spiritual sky, is described in this book with extensive scriptural references. As per Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, regular chanting of the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas will remove the ten offenses in the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra and this is the secret of all secrets which the souls bewildered by Maya are not aware about. The golden and most confidential opportunity of chanting regularly the Nityananda (Haladhara Balarama) Mantraraja and the Gauranga (Gaura Gopala) Mantraraja alongwith the Hare Krishna Mahamantra facilitates rapid success in the achievement of Gauranga-Krishna-prema (love) because the offenses and unwanted things in our heart are instantly obliterated as per the verdict of all the revealed scriptures and acharyas as delineated in this book. The glories of the Names of Nityananda and Gauranga is unlimited and even if we are successful in touching just a infinitesimal fraction of a drop of those glories in this book, this effort will be considered successful. As per Prema-vivarta, even the Supreme Lords Nityananda-Gauranga Themselves cannot fully describe the supreme glories of Their Names then what to speak of any living entity who is an infinitesimal part and parcel of Their Lordships.

Those who deliberately try not to understand the supreme value of this most confidential book, deliberately neglect it or reject it or dare to minimize or criticize it in any way or deliberately try not to glorify this book or deliberately do not read it even once after getting an opportunity to do so in this human form of life, will directly be responsible for minimizing the most powerful Names of God: Nityananda and Gauranga, which are the only hope for the souls of Kali-Yuga. In doing so they will be showing their averseness to the supreme process of chanting the most powerful Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas. Thus the severe reactions for this averseness to the process of chanting These most merciful Names will have to be borne by them life after life.

Shrila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada:

(Shrila Prabhupada in Cc Adi 8.31 purp) "A neophyte student who is not sufficiently educated or enlightened should not indulge in the worship of Sri Radha and Krsna or the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. Even if he does so, he cannot get the desired result. One should therefore chant the names of Nitai-Gaura and worship Them without false prestige. In the beginning one should very regularly chant Sri Gaurasundara’s holy name and then chant the holy name of Lord Nityananda. Thus one's heart will be cleansed of impure desires for material enjoyment. Then one can approach Vrndavana-dhama to worship Lord Krsna."

Commentary by Swami Gaurangapada:

Shrila Prabhupada is clearly stating that a neophyte student without sufficient realization should not directly indulge in the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra without first taking full and very regular shelter of the Names of Nityananda and Gauranga. Even if he or she does so, he or she cannot get the desired result in the chanting of the Mahamantra which is the achievement of pure love for God because of not having taken adequate shelter of the names of Nityananda and Gauranga. Shrila Prabhupada goes on to state that one should very regularly and specifically chant the two Names of Nityananda and Gauranga to be able to become qualified to chant the Mahamantra and go to Vrindavana-dhama to worship Lord Krishna. The chanting of the Pancha-tattva Mantra contains these two names of the Lord but Shrila Prabhupada has specifically suggested not to chant the Pancha-tattva Mantra very regularly by stating that it should not be chanted on beads as rounds and only three times before beginning kirtana. On other hand he explains that chanting the two names of Nityananda and Gauranga very regularly will quickly grant a neophyte with the qualification to approach the Name, Form, Pastimes and Abode of Their Lordships Radha-Krishna.

We firmly believe that simply chanting the Pancha-Tattva Mantra 20 to 30 times a day cannot be termed as 'very regularly' as instructed by Shrila Prabhupada regarding the chanting of the Names of Nityananda and Gauranga. The chanting of Krishna Names regularly means to chant atleast 27,648 Names of Krishna (16 rounds of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra) daily. So how can very regular chanting of Nityananda and Gauranga's Names mean to chant Them just 20 or 30 times a day? They should be chanted atleast 1000 times daily if not thousands of times or constantly. Shrila Prabhupada states in a quote: "Always chanting Nitai-Gaura..." So all students and devotees of Gauranga Dharma and Gauranga Yoga who are practicing the science of Bhaktiyoga under our guidance are instructed to daily chant atleast 10 rounds each of the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas (1000 times each Mantraraja = 2000 Names of Nityananda and Gauranga daily) and raise the chanting of the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas to the supreme and most powerful level of chanting 10 to 32 to 48 and to 64 to 128 to 192 to 256 rounds each of the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas daily in addition or along with the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. Then the spiritual aspirant will very quickly achieve the stage of offenseless chanting of the 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra daily.

The process of chanting the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas is very simple. Since the Nityananda Mantraraja is the five-syllable (Ni-tya-ä-na-nda) Haladhara Balarama Mantra, it is recommended to chant one Mantra on one bead.

The rosary or mala of 108 beads should be held in the middle of the middle finger of the right hand with the thumb and and on one bead one Mantra should be chanted. Then the mala should be pulled inwards to go to the next bead and another Mantra should be chanted. In this way 108 Mantras should be chanted on the 108 beads. This is known as one round. When one reaches the biggest or meru bead which represents the Supreme Lord Himself, one should not cross it but simply turn around and begin another round.

The same process is to be repeated for the chanting of the Gauranga Mantraraja which is the four-syllable Gaura Gopala Mantra (Gau-ra-a-ìga).

Any intelligent person after reading the above statements of Shrila Prabhupada will ask this question: What should a neophyte who does not have sufficient enlightenment and realization do as it is not recommended for them to directly chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra? As per Shrila Prabhupada's instructions there is only one solution: on one hand he or she has to chant the names of Nityananda and Gauranga very regularly and on other hand he or she cannot chant the Pancha-tattva Mantra very regularly either on beads or in kirtana. Thus the neophyte faces a big dilemma in his or her spiritual life. The solution to this dilemma is given by Shrila Prabhupada himself in the following two quotes:

(1) Yoga Student: "...to chant the names of Nitai-Gauranga before we encourage them so much to chant the maha-mantra?"

Prabhupada: "No. Why? Now, what is the difference, Nitai-Gauranga and Hare Krsna? Nitai-Gauranga and Hare Krsna, there is no difference. Nitai-Gauranga is also nice. Whatever he finds convenient, let him chant."

(Shrila Prabhupada's Room Conversation with Yoga Student specifically regarding Japa, March 14, 1975, Iran)

This conversation is specifically about the japa chanting the Mantras on beads. The Yoga Student is not only asking about his own self but also how to preach to others about japa on beads. And in his response Shrila Prabhupada recommends and authorizes the chanting of the two names of Nityananda and Gauranga on japa beads (he clearly does not mention the Pancha-tattva Mantra) and states that chanting Nityananda and Gauranga (either in japa or kirtana) is actually non-different from the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. The spiritual aspirant can chant whatever he or she finds convenient. In the offensive stage it is an undisputed fact that the Names of Nityananda and Gauranga are more convenient and beneficial than the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. Even though They are completely non-different from each other, only the pure offenseless and self-realized devotees will derive the same spiritual result by chanting either of Them. The offensive devotee will get greater spiritual benefit by very regularly chanting Nityananda and Gauranga which do not consider any offenses and become very quickly qualified to factually relish the pure Hare Krishna Mahamantra.

(2) "It is very beneficial to chant the names sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda before chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra because by chanting ##### these two holy names #####-sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda-one immediately becomes ecstatic, and if he then chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra he becomes free of offenses." (SP in Cc Adi 8.24 purport)

In the above purport and also in the first quote, Shrila Prabhupada specifically mentions that the two holy names of Lord Gauranga and Lord Nityananda should be chanted very regularly before chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. To those who argue that the Pancha-tattva Mantra includes the two names of the Lord, we have to point out that Shrila Prabhupada has more than once stopped the very regular chanting of the Pancha-tattva Mantra in japa as well as kirtana. He did not want rounds of Pancha-tattva Mantra to be chanted on beads and also he wanted that the Pancha-tattva Mantra chanted three times only at the beginning of the kirtana. But regarding the two holy names of Nityananda and Gauranga which are bonafide Mantrarajas from the scriptures, there is no such negative injunction regarding japa as well as kirtana anywhere in the instructions of guru, sadhu and shastra. Infact Shrila Prabhupada has recommended to the Yoga student that chanting the names of Nityananda and Gauranga on the beads is also very nice. So all the followers of Shrila Prabhupada should also accept that the chanting of Nityananda and Gauranga is also very nice and atleast should not try to stop those who are chanting these two most beneficial Names of the Lord in addition to the Hare Krishna Mahamantra even if they personally may not be able to chant due to some reason.

Srila Prabhupada in Cc Adi-lila 8.31 purport

"It should be noted in this connection that the holy names of Lord Kåñëa and Gaurasundara are both identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore one should not consider one name to be more potent than the other. Considering the position of the people of this age, however, the *** chanting *** of Shri Caitanya Mahäprabhu's name is *** more essential *** than the chanting of the Hare Kåñëa mahä-mantra because Shri Caitanya Mahäprabhu is the most magnanimous incarnation and His mercy is very easily achieved."

The simple point to be understood from the above quote of Shrila Prabhupada is that something more essential than something else should be done atleast in the same proportion or even more than the less important thing. So if the chanting of Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu's Name is more essential than the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra then why can't the more essential Names of Nityananda and Gauranga be chanted a few thousands times daily as we are already chanting Krishna's names 27,648 times daily.

The Pancha-tattva Mantra has been given mercifully by Shrila Prabhupada to us but there is no specific mention in the revealed scriptures or by the previous acharyas that it has been chanted by any of our acharyas on beads. That is why Shrila Prabhupada has not recommended It for chanting on beads. But the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas have been chanted very regularly on the beads by great associates of the Lord and acharyas like Shrila Shivananda Sena, Sapta Rishis, Lord Shiva and Parvati etc etc and all the eternal associates of Lords Nityananda and Gauranga in Navadvipa and is recommended to the Yoga student by Shrila Prabhupada himself. (Commentary Ends)

--

Srila Prabhupada in Cc Antya-lila 2.31 purport:

"Worshipers of Sri Gaurasundara accept the four syllables gau-ra-an-ga as the Gaura mantra, but pure worshipers of Radha and Krsna accept the four syllables ra-dha krs-na as the Gaura-gopala mantra. However, Vaisnavas consider Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu nondifferent from Radha-Krsna (sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya). Therefore one who chants the mantra "gauranga" and one who chants the names of Radha and Krsna are on the same level."

Commentary by Swami Gaurangapada:

It is very clear from this purport by Shrila Prabhupada that one who chants the Gauranga Mantraraja and one who chants the Hare Krishna Mahamantra are both chanting the Names of Radha-Krishna and are thus on the same level. Then why should one criticize the other? If Shrila Prabhupada says that both are equal then the chanters of both the Mantras (Gauranga and Hare Krishna) have to be accepted on an equal level by all the followers of Shrila Prabhupada.

Whenever Shrila Prabhupada uses the word "chant" it is applicable to both chanting japa on beads and chanting or singing in kirtana unless he specifies for a particular case. So here the word "chant" is very clearly applicable to japa also since many previous acharyas have chanted japa of Gauranga-Nama and thus it is the most authorized process.

Some devotees state that Shrila Prabhupada said that simply the chanting of 16 rounds of Hare Krishna Mahamantra will take us back to Godhead. But here are the exact words of Shrila Prabhupada in Sri Caitanya-caritamrta Adi-lila 10.43 purport:

"Therefore we have prescribed in our society that all our students must chant at least sixteen rounds daily. Such chanting must be offenseless in order to be of high quality. Mechanical chanting is not as powerful as chanting of the holy name without offenses."

So the offenselessly chanting of the Name is the key to going back to Godhead not just mechanical chanting. The Hare Krishna Mahamantra considers the ten offenses mentioned in the Padma Purana whereas the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas do not consider the offenses as confirmed in all the scriptures.

Someone may quote the following statement from Shrila Prabhupada and state that the way to remove the offenses in the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra is the chanting of the Mahamantra Itself:

"The chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra is recommended even for persons who commit offenses, because if they continue chanting they will gradually chant offenselessly. By chanting the Hare Krsna mantra without offenses, one increases his love for Krsna." (SB 6.3.24 purport)

But it is very important to note how the Hare Krishna Mahamantra has to be chanted to actually the destroy the ten offenses.

In the Hari-nama-chintamani, Namacharya Shrila Haridasa Thakura explains this point:

avisranta name nama-aparadha jaya;

tahe aparadha kabhu sthana nahi paya.

"Only by continuous chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra day and night can the ten offenses against Krishna's Name be obliterated. By the constant chanting of Krishna's Name, the ten offenses will not be able to again implicate the chanter."

Purport by Shrila Bhaktivinoda Thakura:

"Continuous chanting (avisranta nama)- Only one who chants the Name with great feeling all the time during the day and night except during the time required for fulfilling the most basic bodily necessities like sleep etc. is able to successfully destroy the ten offenses."

So only the person who can chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra day and night with great feeling and attachment without stoppage at all times except at the time of sleeping can factually destroy the ten offenses. Who can accomplish this sadhana in the present circumstances in Kali-Yuga? A very very rare devotee may be able to do this, maybe one in a million. So for the general people unless they can chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra constantly in multiples of 64 rounds daily, they should take full shelter of chanting the Names of Nityananda and Gauranga as that is the only other easier means of destroying the ten offenses other than the constant chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra Itself.

We know from the repeated statements of the Padma Purana, Hari-nama-cintamani, Chaitanya-Charitamrita, Navadvipa-Dhama-Mahatmya etc. that there are basically two ways to destroy the formidable ten offenses in the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, which are the only obstacles on the path of a sadhaka in the achievement of Krishna-prema:

(1) To take shelter of very regularly chanting the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas.

(2) To chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra constantly day and night without stoppage in multiples of atleast 64 rounds daily.

The second process of constant chanting of the Mahamantra (atleast 64 rounds daily) is very difficult for the conditioned souls of Kali-yuga who have to struggle to even complete their 16 rounds daily of the Mahamantra because of lack of time which in turn is due to a lack of taste which in turn is due to the mountains of offenses in their heart. It is obvious and clear that this process of constant chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra is accepted by a devotee who is very advanced in bhakti due to his or her practicing bhakti for many many births. Ofcourse it is recommended that all the sadhakas should be able to raise one day to the level of chanting atleast 100,000 names of the Lord daily but it may be practically implemented only by very very few sincere souls.

Hence the more practical and the most powerful solution for the neophyte and beginner in spiritual life as suggested by Shrila Prabhupada himself in the first quote on page 3 is to thus take very regular shelter of the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas, which means to chant Them atleast 1000 times each (10 rounds) daily and increase the chanting to 32, 64, 128 and 256 rounds daily in addition to the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. This will enable the neophyte to quickly progress to the stage of chanting the Mahamantra without offenses. This is the verdict of Shrila Prabhupada, all the Acharyas, all the revealed scriptures and of Lord Nityananda Himself. (Commentary Ends)

--

On board the ship Jaladuta, September 13, 1965, Verse 3, by Shrila Prabhupada:

tara iccha balavan pascatyete than than

hoy jate gauranger nam

prthivite nagaradi asamudra nada nadi

sakalei loy krsna nam

"By his (my Guru Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada's) strong desire, THE HOLY NAME OF GAURANGA will spread throughout all the countries of the Western world. Then in all the cities, towns, and villages on the earth, from all the oceans, seas, rivers, and streams, everyone will chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra."

It is very clear from above that srila prabhupad predicted that the glories of Gauranga nama will spread by the STRONG DESIRE of his guru. Now we observe here that prabhupad has not described such Gauranga nama chant as "1.Speculation 2.Guru aparadha as described by jndas in a most insulting way. Infact prabhupad described such chant as Strong desire of his guru. So in other words jndas committs extreme guru aparadha by condemning gauranga nama chanting.

jndas is misusing the quote wherein prabhupad said the following :

Who is that rascal sannyasi who has recommended to chant Pancha Tattva mantra on the japa beads? First, send me his name.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well wisher,

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

Now if we scrutinise the above quote of prabhupad , we find that he was talking about pancha tattva mantra and NOT gauranga mantra..let us see what prabhupad said abt Gauranga mantra:

Srila Prabhupada in Cc Antya-lila 2.31 purport:

"Worshipers of Sri Gaurasundara accept the four syllables gau-ra-an-ga as the Gaura mantra, but pure worshipers of Radha and Krsna accept the four syllables ra-dha krs-na as the Gaura-gopala mantra. However, Vaisnavas consider Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu nondifferent from Radha-Krsna (sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya). Therefore one who chants the mantra "gauranga" and one who chants the names of Radha and Krsna are on the same level."

Clearly Prabhupad "TAUGHT" that Gauranga mantra chant and Hare Krishna Chant (Hare Krishna Means names of radha krishna) are on same level. This is verified from hundreds of quotations from vedas/upanishads/puranas/Chaitanya bahgavtham, chaitanya upanishad etc since Gauranga is Radha Krishna combined. Here Prabhupad did not say that Gauranga nama chanting is Speculation and Guru aparadha as jndas is trying to impose on prabhupad. Actually jndas is trying to superpolate something which prabhupad never said.....

Pancha Tattva mantra and Gauranga mantra are two different mantras. Prabhupad talked about pancha tattva mantra japa in above "who is that rascal sannyasi" quote..but prabhupad did not talk about Gauranga mantra in that quote....Although there is not a single quote in the entire books/lectures/conversations of prabhupad wherein he said "Gauranga nama japa is speculation and Guru aparadha" , still jndas dares to say that Prabhupad said such words...jndas may try his best to defeat the glories of unlimitedly powerful Gauranga nama with his insignificant power but he should remember that Gauranga nama can never be defeated and insulted by him because Gauranga nama is non-different from Gauranga Maha prabhu Himself, the allmigty Supreme Personality of Godhead whose lotus feet is worshipped by srila prabhupada, all acharyas, all maha bahagvathas and all demigods and all residents of vaikunta and vrindavana and navadwipa dhamas.

Narottama das thakur said that simply by uttering the Gauranga nama , krishna prema will arise ,,

Now either we follow this opinion of Srila Narottama thakura or the opinion of jndas (Gauranga nama will produce guruaparadha , deviation etc) ,,,better we follow Narottama das thakura because he is million times better than jndas

Shrila Prabhupada’s Letter to: Shachimata, Bombay, 8 December, 1974:

"It is the advice of Narottama das Thakura to chant the holy name of Gauranga either if one remains at home or in the forest."

Now we either follow Srila prabhupad who has repeated the recommendation of Narottama das Thakura or follow jndas..better we follow prabhupad.

Shrila Prabhupada in Sri Caitanya-caritamrta class, Madhya-lila 20.102, Baltimore, July 7, 1976:

"If you simply chant Nitai-Gaura and dance, then you'll become happy. There is no difficulty. There is no difficulty

In the above class, prabhupad said Gauranga nama will produce happyness but jndas says (that too quoting prabhupad in most devious way) that Gauranga nama will produce deviation/speculation n guru aparadha if chanted.

Shrila Pprabhupada’s Purport to song, Los Angeles, Dec 29, 1968:

"He says: gauräìga bolite habe pulaka-çaréra. This is the perfection of chanting, that as soon as we chant or take the name of Lord Gauräìga, who initiated the Saìkértana Movement, at once there will be a shivering in the body."

here prabhupad says one will experience shivering in the body but jndas says it will produce deviation/guruaparadha..

So we clearly see how much tremoundous deviation it is to critisize Gauranga nama chanting which prabhupad and all acharyas have glorified so much.

Purport to Chaitanya-Charitamrita Adi 8.31:

"The Hare Krsna Mahamantra considers the offenses whereas the Names of Gauranga-Nityananda don't consider offenses. An offensive chanter will never achieve the fruit of chanting (pure love for Krsna) by chanting the Hare Krsna Mahamantra. Therefore till the time he is commiting offenses, he should chant the names of Nityananda and Gauranga. Due the repeated chanting of the names of Nityananda and Gauranga, the offenses will be destroyed and he will achieve the fruit of chanting."

We can see from above nectarean quotes from shastra that Gauranga nama will destroy the offences . Now jndas says that Gauranga nama will produce speculation, deviation and aparadhas ..so we can clearly see that he actually talking exactly opposite of what shastras say.

Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya Chp 1:

kali jivera aparadha asankhya durvara;

gauranga-nama vina tara nahika uddhara.

"The offenses and sins of the living entities in Kali-yuga are unlimited and absolutely insurmountable. That is why the souls can never ever be delivered without the regular chanting the most merciful name of Gauranga

Shastra says that one can never be delivered without Gauranga nama and here we have jndas who says something totally different.

Shrila Narada Muni:

gauranga-nama na laiya, yei krsna bhaje giya;

sei krsna bahu kale paya.

gauranga-nama laya jei, sadya krsna paya sei;

aparadha nahi rahe taya.

"If someone endeavours to worship Krsna without regularly chanting the name of Lord Gauranga, then he or she will achieve Krsna only after a very prolonged period of time. But if someone takes shelter of the Name of Lord Gauranga, he or she will achieve Krsna very soon because his or her offenses will immediately cease to exist."

Narada (who is million times better than our friend jndas) says that Gauranga nama will make one to achieve krishna soon...but unfortunately jndas says that Gauranga nama chanting produces some terrible negative reactions,,,

Oh God,,,,i am terribly astonished that such a negative opinion is there in him abt Gauranga nama chant,,,May Gauranga bless him and allow him to chant Gauranga nama allways and dance in ecstacy,

In Shri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, Chp 8, Lord Nityananda Prabhu tells Shrila Jiva Goswami:

(A) gauri saha siva gauranga-nama;

gaiya gaiya puraya kama.

"In Navadvipa, Lord Siva is constantly chanting the Gauranga nama alongwith his wife Gauri and thus fulfilling his innermost desires."

so i question jndas that does shiva , the greatest vaishnava does not know which is good and which is deviation? If Gauranga nama chant would produce the negative results which jndas 's fertile brain has imagined, then why would Shiva waste time in such deviation??

Sri Ananta-samhita, Sri Caitanya-janma-khanda, Part Two, Chapter Three, Text 54, Lord Siva tells Parvati:

dharayamy urdhva-vadane,

devesi samhitam imam;

mantram ca gauracandrasya,

namedam sarva-mangalam.

"O Parvati, the controller of all the demigods, I always recite with great enthusiasm this Ananta-samhita alongwith the Gauranga Mantraraja which is the most auspicious in this world."

Shiva describes the Gauranga mantra as most auspicious but our friend jndas describes that chanting Gauranga nama will produce some negative reactions such as becoming deviated etc...How the most auspicious chant of Gauranga nama will produce inauspiciuos result?

In Shri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, Chp 10, the personified holy place Pushkara instructs the brahmana in Navadvipa:

(A) **KOTI KOTI VARSE kari sri krsna bhajana; tathapi namete rati na paya durjana.

"A sinful or offensive person will not acquire attraction for the Hare Krishna Mahamantra or Lord Krishna's devotional service even if he or she chants the Mahamantra and worships Lord Krishna **FOR MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF YEARS**."

(B) gauranga bhajile dusta bhava dure jaya;

**SVALPA DINE vrajadhama radha-krsna paya.

"But if he or she worships Lord Gauranga by regularly chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja, then his sinful and crooked mentality will immediately leave him and **IN A VERY FEW DAYS** he will achieve Lord Radha-Krsna in the eternal abode of Vrajadhama."

In the above quote shastra describes that Gauranga nama will shorten the time of achieving vrajadhama from crores of years to few days....It indicates how extremely powerful and glorious and merciful is the Gauranga nama...but unfortunately our friend jndas feels something totally different.

In the Gauranga-lila-smarana-mangala stotram Verse 97, Shrila Bhaktivinoda Thakura states:

namaparadham sakalam vinasya,

caitanya-namasrita-manavanam;

bhaktim param yah pradadau jannhyas,

tam gauracandram pranamami bhaktya.

"With great devotion, I bow before Lord Gauranga, who for they who take shelter of His most merciful Holy Name of Gauranga, immediately destroys all the various kinds of offenses in the chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, and in this way awards His topmost transcendental devotional service to the living entities very quickly without delay."

Now let us understand this carefully....here shastra says that Gauranga nama should be taken shelter...we ask this question...does chanting of chaitanya nama just 16 times(not even 100 times) a day be described as taking shelter?

Any initaited devotee chants atleast 25000 times the name of krishna (16 rounds*108*16nama per mantra) so as to be called a initiated(serious) devotee...if anyone simply chants just 16 times (not 16 malas) krishna nama, we donot consider it as taking "shelter" although even once chanting of God's name is allways good... similraly 16 times chant of chaitany nama is undoubtedly gtreat but taking "shelter " would surely involve chanting of more nama..Prabhupada , although ,said that pancha tattva should be chanted once before hare krishna round and kirthana three times, but inrespect of Nitai Gauranga nama , he said that it should be chanted "ALLWAYS"(not three times only as pancha tattva mantra:

Shrila Prabhupada in Srimad-Bhagavatam Lecture 2.1.2, Vrndavana, March 17, 1974:

"Then you become gosvami. Then, as Narottama dasa Thakura says, grhe va banete thake ha gauranga bole dake. Ha gauranga, 'Always chanting Nitai-Gaura, and thinking of Nitai-Gaura,' such person, Narottama dasa Thakura says... Grhe va... 'He may be a sannyasi, or he may be a grhastha. It doesn't matter. Because he is absorbed in the thought of Nitai-Gaura.' So narottama mage tanra sanga: 'Narottama is always desiring to associate with such person

So prabhupad clearly meant allways chant Gauranga nama..

All vedas, upanishads and puranas and great vaishnavas hanker to fall at the feet of Gauranga and since Gauranga nama is non-different from Gauranga vigraha, same worshipp will be given by all vaishnavas to Gauranga nama which is very very dear to Niatyananda Parbhu and srila parabhupad

All glories to Gauranga nama and all glories to Gauranaga nama chanters,,,by the dust of their lotus feet whole earth is purified ....I pray that Gauranga nama is tremoundously glorified in the entire universe.

All glories to assembled devotees.jndas,,kindly forgive me if i committed any aparadha at ur feet...i am simply trying to discuss shastra as per my understanding...

Jay Srila Parbhupada

Jai Guaranga Jaya Niatyananda

Hare Krishna

His Holiness Nityanandapada Maharaja

Gauranga Hare Krishna Ashrama

jaya sri-krishna- <font color="red"> caitanya </font color> prabhu- <font color="red"> nityananda </font color>

sri-advaita gadadhara srivasadi-gaura-bhakta vrinda

LOL Prabhuji so what is your point?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guest guest

Guest, you said:

"Now jndas describes such exalted and most purifying chanting of Gauranga nama as guru aparadha.....I think jndas is attacking the most merciful nama of Gauranga ...this is the symptom of Kaliyuga .. "

No, what he said is:

"I am happy to see people chanting the names of Mahaprabhu and have nothing bad to say about the Swamiji who teaches this path. It is a great path and will certainly bring spiritual advancement to the practitioners. But it is not the path and sadhana taught by Srila Prabhupada, whom I follow."

--------------------------

Guest, you said:

"jndas has concluded that the chanting of the most merciful Gauranga nama as " a speculation and a deviation from Srila Prabhupada's personal instructions on sadhana, a guru aparadha"

What jndas said was:

"Srila Prabhupada was always extremely angry when his disciples would try to change the simple process of Krishna consciousness that he gave us. When some sannyasi tried suggesting that we needed to chant the panchatattva mantra on japa beads (since we are all the most fallen), Prabhupada replied, "Who is this rascal." Not because the Pancatattva mantra cannot be chanted on japa beads, but because some rascal wanted to distort the pure message and instructions that Srila Prabhupada had given everyone - all in the name of Srila Prabhupada himself."

This was based on a letter in which Prabhupada said:

"Who is that rascal sannyasi who has recommended to chant Pancha Tattva mantra on the japa beads? First, send me his name.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well wisher,

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

jndas does not say Swami Gaurangapad is offending Prabhupada. What he said is "Since Swami Gaurangapad is not a follower or disciple of Srila Prabhupada he is not offending Srila Prabhupada"

The full context of what he said was:

"What is the guru aparadha is when someone is a follower of Srila Prabhupada, yet refuses to take the humble position of disciple and does not follow what he taught. Srila Prabhupada has given a sadhana that will be followed by all of his disciples and grand disciples. Any follower of Srila Prabhupada who wants to manufacture his own system of sadhana while neglecting Srila Prabhupada's personal example and instructions is an offender to Srila Prabhupada. Since Swami Gaurangapad is not a follower or disciple of Srila Prabhupada he is not offending Srila Prabhupada (though misusing Srila Prabhupada's name may be another case). Being a follower of Srila Prabhupada doesn't mean you say Prabhupada is a great guy, it means being humble and following his order.

For those following Srila Prabhupada's teachings, it is offensive to disregard his instructions and manufacture another process of sadhana."

It seems to me jndas is just trying to stick with Prabhupada's instructions that he gave by personal example.

I was quite surprised to come across this:

http://www.gaurangadharma.org/blessing3.html

Listen to the kirtan mantra: "jaya nityananda jaya gauranga hare krishna nitai gauranga". This is a complete speculation, no different than "nitai gaur radhe shyam hare krishna hare rama".

I was actually looking through the site to see if I could find something nice to say about it, but it was quite discouraging to come across this mantra concoction. Especially since Gaudiya acharyas criticize another line for manufacturing a similar mantra (nitai gaur radhe shyam...).

This particular recording is by "Mahatmaji His Grace Mahatma Gaurakrishnananda Dasa Prabhu Buenos Aires, Argentina. (Chief Leader and Guru for Argentina and Parliament of Religions)". It appears Swami Gaurangapada has established a series of gurus throughout the world, who initiate disciples.

I would be interested in Swamiji's view on this concocted mantra and why one of his appointed gurus would be propogating it on the gauranga dharma website.

Guest guest

jndas said:"There is nothing wrong with chanting the pancatattva mantra (or the nityananda gouranga mantras) on japa beads (as They accept no offenses) except for one thing: It's a speculation and a deviation from Srila Prabhupada's personal instructions on sadhana, a guru aparadha. That in and of itself is enough reason to reject it."

when there are so many quotes from prabhupad's books /lectures that every person should chant Nityananda and Gauranaga nama , jndas still describes it as "It's a speculation and a deviation from Srila Prabhupada's personal instructions on sadhana, a guru aparadha. "

By saying above jndas is committing extreme speculation and deviation, because chanting the most worshippable Gauranga nama is tremoundously glorified in scriptures .When Nityananda Prabhu says that those who chant Gauranaga nama becomes His life n soul, how insultingly jndas describes the chanting of Gauranga nama as deviation from prabhupada?...Such insulting talk on Gauranga nama will be extremely sinful and will also degrade the conditioned soul ...Gauranga nama should be worshipped and Gauranga nama should be respected with body,mind and words and Gauranga nama should be constantly chanted with one million tongues and Gauranga nama should be heard with one million ears,,,,,Gauranga nama is no-different from Gauranga's Diety and since all devotees fall down at the lotus feet of Gauranga diety and cry for His mercy , same way all devotees should fall at the feet of Gauranga nama and cry for His mercy ,,,even shiva and brahma (who are maha vaishnavas) chant allways the most sacred n most transcendental Gauranga nama with total humility

Prabhupad's "who is that rascal" quote was applicable to pancha tattva mantra and not Gauranga mantra ,,and jndas is attempt to apply that quote to Gauranga mantra so that he can proceed to describe Gauranga mantra chant as deviation . This is total misapplication and Jndas will become answerable to allmighty God one day .

Guest guest

"Panca tattva is bona fide but this is not the mantra that is being taught by this guru. I have had a very long discussion with some of his disciples and they have verified the mantra that their guru teaches and they believe it is also Prabhupada's teachings but it is not."

How can livingentity say that chanting of the most sacred and most worshippable Gauranga mantra is not the teaching of prabhupad, when prabhupad said so many times that Gauranga nama will spread by the strong desire of his guru?

Prabhupad said he is simply repeating the orders/instructions of the original guru,lord Nityananda who has ordered every one to chant Gauranga nama(leha gaurangera nam re),,This is the infallible , undisputable order of lord NItyananda,,and prabhupad and previou acharyas all have simply desired the same "leha Gaurangera nama re"....It is very very astonishing to see living entity wants to reject lord Nityananda's order....can living entity explain what is the meaning of "leha gaurangera nama re " (Nityananda prabhu's vani)...simple bengali..."leha= chant ;Gaurangera nama=the nama of Guaranga"...dont have to break the head so much ,,simple and straightforward understanding.."leha Gaurangera nama re= chant the name of Gauranga"

Nityananda prabhu said that those who do this (leha Gaurangera nama re) , will become His life n soul (surely Nityananda prabhu did not describe them as deviated)

So living entity , ur breathing n living by the mercy of Gauranga nama!!!! Oh living entity ur able to type something on ur computer because of Gauranga nama 's mercy,,,ur living because of Guaranga nama,,,so kindly kindly donot say that prabhupad did not teach Gauranga nama ...(Ofcourse even for saying that u need to get strength from Gauranga nama!!!!).....

CC Adi 7.71: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied to Prakasananda Sarasvati, "My dear sir, kindly hear the reason. My spiritual master considered Me a fool, and therefore he chastised Me.

CC Adi 7.72: "'You are a fool,' he said. 'You are not qualified to study Vedanta philosophy, and therefore You must always chant the holy name of Krsna. This is the essence of all mantras, or Vedic hymns.

CC Adi 7.73: "Simply by chanting the holy name of Krsna one can obtain freedom from material existence. Indeed, simply by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra one will be able to see the lotus feet of the Lord.

CC Adi 7.74: "'In this Age of Kali there is no religious principle other than the chanting of the holy name, which is the essence of all Vedic hymns. This is the purport of all scriptures.'

CC Adi 7.75: "After describing the potency of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, My spiritual master taught Me another verse, advising Me to always keep it within My throat.

---

So from the above you can see quite clearly, that chanting Hare-Krishna is priority, and by doing so you are pleasing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Srila Prabhupada layed down everything for us very simply, BUT what your Guru Maharaja is teaching is NOT what Uttama Adikari Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada taught. The end.

<font color="red"> _____ <font color="pink"> _ </font color> _____ </font color>

|Radio Krishna|

I don't care what your guru teaches. If he opens your heart to Krsna then it is a good thing...right?

What I do care about is this...and I am having to repeat it over again so that perhaps this time you will read it....your guru has started his own method and it is not Prabhupada's method yet he insist on putting Prabhupada's pictures and quotes on his website in order to make people believe that it is Prabhupada's teachings. That is what I care about....your guru is using Prabhupada to attract followers even tho his teachings are not Prabhupada's.

BTW....not sure if the quotes were changed back or not but some of Prabhupada's quotes that were used on the site had been changed to reflect your guru's teachings. Several of us wrote to the site and very loudly complained about this so perhaps they were removed by now. I do not desire to look to find out...

We also asked some questions of your guru but never received a response. Perhaps you would be so kind as to answer them for us...

1. What was your guru's name when he was a brahmacari in ISKCON?

2. What years was he the head book distributor?

3. What years was he head of the Mayapur BBT?

4. Who was his initiating guru in ISKCON?

There were other questions but it has been a while and I forget now what we asked.

I had also noted on your guru's website the list of books he has written. One of these books was described as having been written to create <font color="red">interest</font color> in Srila Prabhupada's "Sri Caitanya Caritamrta".

Excuse me....can you please explain this for me?

Guest guest

do not be offensive towards Vaishnavas. Vaishnava-apradha is the most grievous offense from which there is no forgiveness.

Guest guest

"do not be offensive towards Vaishnavas. Vaishnava-apradha is the most grievous offense from which there is no forgiveness."

First, it's aparadha and yes, there is forgiveness -- from Sri Radha herself. She remains the personified source of all mercy, compassion and forgiveness. Developing our relationship with Her is essential to understand Vaishnavas, let alone become one. Krsna considers Srimati Radharani His very life and soul -- so must we, if we are to actually realize bhakti or anything else about Him.

"First, it's aparadha and yes, there is forgiveness -- from Sri Radha herself."

Radha is probably the most sensitive devotee… She is the queen of devotion.

To assume she is going to forgive 'your' offenses to other devotees because you are or will become exceptionally pure and qualified yourself… is very STUPID.

You should learn first what is religion before you preach it.

Guest guest

Dear Govindaram prabhuji, thanks for ur sweet and nice way of presenting ur point,,,Ur posting is carefull in not directly attacking Gauranga nama by using strong negative words like speculation , deviation etc ..So surely Lord Gauranga will show His blessings /mercy on u.

Prabhu,,,main point is that we fully accept all those nectarean quotes u gave in respect of the glories of chanting the Hare Krishna Maha mantra...HH Sadhu swami chants hare krishna daily 64 rounds because he is very convinced about the glories of chanting hare krishna maha mantra,,,i chant hare krishna mantra 64 rounds ,,many disciples of Sadhu swami chant 16 rounds or whatever number they are capable,,,

So there is absolutely no dispute whatso ever abt Hare Krishna mantra chanting,,,,,

So u may ask why this botheration to chant Gauranga nama if Chaitanya ordered to chant hare krishna?

yes this is a very very imporatant question....

the answer is that shastras say that the 10 nama aparadhas (10 offences towards the Hare Krishna mantra) are fully eradicated by chanting Gauranga nama....SO we chant Gauranga nama to become free from the 10 offences involved in chanting Hare Krishna mantra....U may ask ,,where is it mentioned or who said that Gauranga nama will eradicate the 10 offences on holy name? Yes ,,,,Srila Bhaktivinod Thakura who is the guru of the guru of the guru of our worshippable jagad guru, srila prabhupada, said it:Where did he say?

See the following:

Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya Chp 1:

kali jivera aparadha asankhya durvara;

gauranga-nama vina tara nahika uddhara.

"The offenses and sins of the living entities in Kali-yuga are unlimited and absolutely insurmountable. That is why the souls can never ever be delivered without the regular chanting the most merciful name of Gauranga."

U may ask ,,did Bhakti sidhanta saraswati said that Gauranga nama will eradicate the 10 nama aparadhas? Yes he said so..so u will ask where did he say..yes here he said see below:(from anu-bhasya commentary)

"The Hare Krsna Mahamantra considers the offenses whereas the Names of Gauranga-Nityananda don't consider offenses. An offensive chanter will never achieve the fruit of chanting (pure love for Krsna) by chanting the Hare Krsna Mahamantra. Therefore till the time he is commiting offenses, he should chant the names of Nityananda and Gauranga. Due the repeated chanting of the names of Nityananda and Gauranga, the offenses will be destroyed and he will achieve the fruit of chanting."

But the magnanimity of the names of Lord Nityananda and Gauranga is especially for the souls who are offenders and full of anarthas and desires for material sense-gratification. The chanting of Lord Nityananda and Lord Gauranga's Names and Their worship quickly delivers the soul from all the offenses and thus the soul achieves shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Gauranga-Krishna without any delay."

U may ask did srila prabhupad said that? yes he said ..see here:(Cc ad- lila ch8-31)

"There are offenses to be considered in chanting the Hare Kr&#803;s&#803;n&#803;a mah&#257;-mantra, but there are no such considerations in chanting the names of Gaura-Nity&#257;nanda. Therefore, if one chants the Hare Kr&#803;s&#803;n&#803;a mah&#257;-mantra but his life is still full of sinful activities, it will be very difficult for him to achieve the platform of loving service to the Lord. But if in spite of being an offender one chants the holy names of Gaura-Nity&#257;nanda, he is very quickly freed from the reactions to his offenses. "

U may ask: Chaitanya Maha prabhu had ordered everyone to chant Hare Krishna..but who had ordered everyone to chant Gauranga nama?,,,yes thats a nice question..who is the authority asking everyone to chant Gauranga nama,,,yes the answer is ,,Lord Nityananda had ordered everyone to chant Gauranga nama(leha Gaurangera Nama Re)...

Our understanding is that we must take shelter of both Hare Krishna Mantra and Gauranga nama both,,,Gauranga nama will eradicate all the 10 offences involved in chanting krishna nama and the soul will achieve krishna prema very soon because the soul can now chant the krishna nama without offences..

U may ask me , who has said that Gauranga nama will awaken krishna prema...yes my answer is that the gretest vaishnava acharya Srila Narottama Thakura said it..." Jei Gauranga nama loi, tara hoi premaodaya" which in simple n plain bengali means that who ever chants Gauranga 's nama will awaken krishna prema"

(u can refer the song book of vaishnava acharyas,,i also recommend that those who oppose so much Gauranga nama should sing this bhajan of srila Narottama das Thakura.."Je Gaurangera namlo,,tara hoi premodaya....")

PLs donot think that by glorifying Gauranga nama , we are minimising krishna nama,,no ,,not at all,,actually Gauranga nama, Gauranga rupa, Gauranga lila are not some thing competetion for Krishna nama , krishna lila etc ,,,Gauranga nama will awaken jiva's eternal attraction for Krishna nama ,,Gauranga lila will awaken jiva's eternal attraction for hearing Krishna lila...

"Gaurangera charanambhoja makaranda madhu vrataha,,sadhanaiva vina radha krishna pramsyanthi nischitam" this verse is stated in Navadwipa mahatmya in the conversation between shiva n parvathi...Lord Shiva says that Simply by taking shelter of Gauranga's lotus feet (those who drink the nectar of His lotus feet) will achive Radha Krishna even without proper sadhana(Sadhaniva vina)

But some one may question what happens if one chants only Krishna nama without Gaura Nama...yes that can be done,,,but because there are 10 offences involved in chanting Krishna nama , so jiva takes very very long time to awaken the Krishna Prema with only krishna nama,,but Krishna nama chanting and Gauranga nama chanting , both are done, then the 10 offences will be removed n jiva attains krishna prema in very very short time...So u may ask where n who said this? yes nice question, answer is "great sage Narada (Our Gaudiya vaishnava acharya) said so...u will ask me to tellthe quote...yes this is the quote ,see here:

gauranga-nama na laiya, yei krsna bhaje giya;

sei krsna bahu kale paya.

gauranga-nama laya jei, sadya krsna paya sei;

aparadha nahi rahe taya.

"If someone endeavours to worship Krsna without regularly chanting the name of Lord Gauranga, then he or she will achieve Krsna only after a very prolonged period of time. But if someone takes shelter of the Name of Lord Gauranga, he or she will achieve Krsna very soon because his or her offenses will immediately cease to exist."

(If u have doubt on our translation , u may consult some bengali devotee)

U must be surprised to find Sage Narada saying above...but even Narada knows that whole shastra n chaitanya Himself recommended Hare Krishna mantra,,,yes Narada does not say "Give Up Hare krishna,,n chant Gauranga ,,,,No he never says that",,he says that chanting Hare Krishna is most imporatnt undoubtedly but along with krishna nama , pls also glorify n chant Gaura nama so that 10 offences will go away..

In navadwipa mahatmya it is stated that only krishna bhajana will take crores n crores of years to awaken taste for nama but if krishna bhajan is done along with Gauranga bhajan , then it is stated that in few days one will achieve vraja dhama and the shelter of Radha krishna ,,i am giving below that quote which has actually was the verse which had made all of us (myself, Sadhu swami n others) to wonder n astonished so much about the extreme glories of Gauranga bhajan,,,Actually we all should deeply meditate on this and pray to lord Gauranga constantly to achieve His causeless mercy:

In Shri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, Chp 10, the personified holy place Pushkara instructs the brahmana in Navadvipa:

(A) **KOTI KOTI VARSE kari sri krsna bhajana; tathapi namete rati na paya durjana.

"A sinful or offensive person will not acquire attraction for the Hare Krishna Mahamantra or Lord Krishna's devotional service even if he or she chants the Mahamantra and worships Lord Krishna **FOR MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF YEARS**."

(B) gauranga bhajile dusta bhava dure jaya;

**SVALPA DINE vrajadhama radha-krsna paya.

"But if he or she worships Lord Gauranga by regularly chanting the Gauranga Mantraraja, then his sinful and crooked mentality will immediately leave him and **IN A VERY FEW DAYS** he will achieve Lord Radha-Krsna in the eternal abode of Vrajadhama."

Same fact is told by lord shiva to parvathi in Navadwipa mahatmya:

Vina gopisangam kalpa koti satam param sravanad kirthanat vishno na radha krishnam apnuyat( which means that without the association of gopis ,one can never achieve radha krishna even by sravanam (hearing) and kirthanam(chanting) vishno(lord vishnu) for kalpa koti satam (means crores of kalpas),,then shiva further clatifies how this association of gopis is attained..he says in next verse " Gopi sangam na ca apnoti Gaura charanad rite tasmat tvam sarva bhavena Gauranga bhaja sarvada" which means,,,without the shelter of Gauranga's lotus feet (Gaura charanad rite),gopi sangam na apnoti means one will not get gopi's association,,,and lord shiva concludes ..tasmat ,,therefore ,,gauranga bhaja sarvada,,chant Gauranga allways...

So when we say something about gopis ,pls immediately donot conclude that Gauranga nama is only for advanced souls and not for offensive souls....No ,,actually Gauranga nama is especially merciful to the fallen offensive jivas,,u may ask me where is it stated? yes here it is stated pls see:

Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada

"The mercy of Krsna's names is generally only upon liberated or perfected souls who are surrendered to Him. But the magnanimity of the names of Lord Nityananda and Gauranga is especially for the souls who are offenders and full of anarthas and desires for material sense-gratification. The chanting of Lord Nityananda and Lord Gauranga's Names and Their worship quickly delivers the soul from all the offenses and thus the soul achieves shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Gauranga-Krishna without any delay."

So Gauranga and Nityananda nama will elevate the most fallen , most degraded and most sinful persons to the highest krishna prema, because Their nama are most merciful..even more merciful than Their dieties..

In Hare Krishna movement we all worshipp Nityananda Gauranga 's dieties ,,so since the vaishnava principle says: abhinattvam namo naminaha" Holy name of the lord is non-different from the lord Himself"...so by this principle it is very clear that just as Gauranga vigraha(diety) is worshippable same way Gauranga nama is worshippable

In fact Narayana samhita says " Kalau nama matrena pujyte bhagavan Harih" ,,in kali yuga Hari is worshipped simply by chanting Hari nama..

So is Gauranga not Hari?

We find from shastra that Gauranga is actually Original Hari..Gauranga is adi-Hari...and not only that all other expansion Haris (like advaita acharya, maha vishnu ) are engaged in serving the lotus feet of Gauranga..

So if sri vaishnavas are engaged in chanting the holy name of Narayana exclusively , why cant some devotees exclusively attached to the master of visnhu i.e Gauranga , not chant gauranga nama contnuosly on beads?

Do u mean that all vishnu tattvas can have their exclusive devotees (like hanuman for Rama ) and they can chant some specific mantra of that particular vishnu tattva on beads constantly,,but Gauranga (although the master of all vishnu murthis) cannot have some devotees exclusively attached to His lotus feet and chant His mantra constantly???

Pls deliberate all these and kindly do not say that shastras n prabhupad and acharyas did not glorify Gauranga nama..

Simply think one point,,,when Nityananda Prabhu openly told "Leha Gaurangera nama re"...how can we ever imagine that Prabhupad (who made Nityananda's orders His life n soul) would ever object or oppose Nityananda's order???

To agree that Nityananda said chant Gauranga nama but prabhupad did not say,,this will reveal a great misunderstanding abt parampara...because real parampara will allways repeat what is Ordered by the adi-guru Lord Nityananda...Prabhupad being a maha bhagavat vaishnava will allways defend n support n worshipp Nityananda prabhu's order to chant Gauranga nama....

Imagine that a devotee go to prabhupad n ask him" Dear Prabhupad , lord Nityananda is saying Leha Gaurangera nama re" ..so will u agree with that? I thnk prabhupad would immdediately chastise that person asking that saying where is the question of prabhupad not agrreing to Nityananda's order...prabhuppad came to tell us abt Nityananda Gauranga,,,If some one says prabhupad desired only Krishna Bhakti and not Gaura Bhakti..our question is then why did prabhupad wrote Cahitanya charitamritam which glorifies Gauranga so much? why did prabhupad install Gauranga Nityananda's dieties along with Radha Krishna Dieties?It proves that prabhupad desired every one to worshipp lord Nityananda Gauranga too along with Hare Krishna(Radha Krishna)

Guest guest

Her questions may not be offensive but the attitude certainly is. Consider anearlier posting: "guest, have you read this site??? anyway, this "guru" has concocted some teachings and has actually put on quotes from Prabhupada's books but changed some of the wording to fit his own methods. This is offensive!! Also, not sure if he is still doing this because I do not wish to read this site again but he used to take your info and vows via an online application and give you initiation."

This is certainly an offensive attitude towards an extremely great Vaishnava who has been a guiding light to many humble souls by kindly teaching them to chant the most powerful m antras of the names of "Nityananda" and "Gauranga". Someone else said that this is a concocted mantra, how so? Are the names of Nityananda and Gauranga concotions? Isn't it so that chanting the names of the Lord will be most auspicious to say the least? The objections that I have read on this site as well as referring to Sri Gaurangapada as a "guru" as if he is some low-class creature or something, is most offensive. And Vaishnava-aparadha is the most devastating obstacle to our spiritual life.

you do not know the answers?

Her questions may not be offensive but the attitude certainly is. Consider anearlier posting: "guest, have you read this site??? anyway, this "guru" has concocted some teachings and has actually put on quotes from Prabhupada's books but changed some of the wording to fit his own methods. This is offensive!! Also, not sure if he is still doing this because I do not wish to read this site again but he used to take your info and vows via an online application and give you initiation."

These are really quite simple questions.

1. What was your guru's name when he was a brahmacari in ISKCON?

2. What years was he the head book distributor?

3. What years was he head of the Mayapur BBT?

4. Who was his initiating guru in ISKCON?

and:

I had also noted on your guru's website the list of books he has written. One of these books was described as having been written to create interest in Srila Prabhupada's "Sri Caitanya Caritamrta".

Excuse me....can you please explain this for me?

Guest guest

When I spoke to Gaurangapada about this, he quoted to me the original Bengali and English translation of Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati's own words regarding Gaura-nama. Needless to say it was very fascinating. Anyone who thinks that the chanting of Gauranga and Nityananda nama is wrong or offensive or not approved of by acharyas is committing a very serious offense, I am very scared.