IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

mahak on movies

Rate this topic

Did anyone see Brad Pitt portraying the Greek hero Achilles in "Troy"? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

He can pass as a ksatriya.

Crowe doesn't have my vote. Sorry, no funding /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

talking about movie stars, Anthony Hopkins honored prasadam at Govinda's a couple of nights ago and "Trinity" from the Matrix comes sometimes. I didn't like Matrix R at all especially that part in Zion?...I don't even remember the name of the place.

Ricky Martin showed up at the Boutique and went to see the deities and in one of his CD's he has Lord Jagannatha. Recently he came back from India and went to Jagannatha Puri.

What was the name of Bhima's boy via the raksasi? Gaut_ something? Maybe Arnold would fit in afterall.

Brad Pitt? He might be OK as Aniruddha. Was Aniruddha in the Mahabharata?

I don't have any recommendations on casting. Though whoever plays Arjuna has to be able to have a good mustasche (which pretty much rules out most of the guys mentioned, especially as I agree with Stonehearted about Tom Cruises massive honker. What do you see in him ladies?)

I just finished watching the chariot sequence of Ben Hur on TNT. That is one of the best action sequences ever filmed considering they would have actually had to film it (no CG in the day). I was struck by how beautiful the horses were and how much they reminded me of the Iskcon paintings of Krsna and Arjuna on their chariot. I have to believe that the Iskcon artists were inspired by Ben Hur. The horses were pure white and they just looked so much like the Iskcon paintings. They were beautiful.

OK the nobel thing. Well we can still use his warriors physique and box office draw somehow. How about a scene where he is leading a small group of club soldiers. As the battle starts he raises his club and roars out " let's kill the avarice __holes" and the group then raises their clubs roaring back and they rush off into the chaos of conflict. You could even show him being killed later by an arrow after saving one of the goodguys. Of course even his short line would have to be dubbed.

Gaurachandra, these ISKCON artists are amazing. So was that scene from Ben Hur. And I think it was made in the fifties, right.

One of my favorite scenes of the war at Kurukshetra was when Arunja and Krsna stopped to let their thirsty horses drink.

Hollywood is so lame. They keep looking for good scripts and remaking sequels when these treasures are right there.

No vision.

Wasn't there a voracious eater and performer of herculean feats?

And it would appear (via Atma scoop) that we may be able to get Anthony Hopkins cheap! Maybe Sanjaya with that voice. And Ricky Martin is travelling from Vida Loca to Krsnaloka! I've always known that.

Still have to get by the Christian mental platform folks. The world will be blown away - but we can't miss these people. Lord Caitanya will find a way. I want tears; an ocean of tears, rivers running down the aisles, flooding into the streets and malls.

<blockquote>Wherever there is Krsna, the master of all mystics, and wherever there is Arjuna, the supreme archer, there will also certainly be opulence, victory, extraordinary power, and morality. That is my opinion.</blockquote>

What age restriction should be placed on Krsna? 16, 18, 20, 25? Leonardo DeCaprio. Will Smith? I like that McConnehey guy from Contact, the "man of the cloth without the cloth", but his age may be too apparent. Perhaps we need a gurukuli.

Mel Gibson. I still say Antonio Banderos.

I was looking at a video cover today with a full profile pic of Tom Cruise - his nose is not that big ,you guys, besides you could put a big mustache on him and he would still have a profile.

Is there a spot for Val Kilmer (sp)? Van Damme? What about that guy that played the Scorpian King?

I love Tom Cruise but he is too short. Mel Gibson too old, Van Damme too ugly, one acquaitance described him as butt-ugly, Val Kilmer too Batman, The Rock maybe for Bhima, sorry but Will Smith is too black.

What about V. Mortenson, that guy called Aragon in Lord of the Rings, and Orlando Bloom, one of the elves called Legolas in the same movie, as one of the Pandavas.

Monica Bellucci would be Draupadi.

Johnny Depp has my vote for whatever.:)

Guest guest

Well, Jack Nicholson would make an excellent Shakuni, Sean Connery for Bhisma, and Anthony Hopkins for Dhritarastra. Leonardo Dicaprio is sweet-faced and he's a great actor.

Imagine Leo and Brad with black hair and warrior suits as Krishna and Arjuna.

Russel Crowe can be Karna, Aragon for Yudhistira. The Rock for Bhima, Orlando Bloom for Nakula or Sahadeva, Oliver James for Abhimanyu. Ewan McGregor and Johnny Depp have to be allies of the Pandavas. Now if only we could find someone for Duryodhana...

Star-struck guest

I was thinking about The Rock yesterday--maybe Bhima. But I'm not sure we could ever match the cast of the series. krishna, Arjuna, Bhisma, Draupadi, Duryodhana--they were perfect! Just gotta teach 'em English, cut out all the whining and songs, and get some better FX. Screw the big names--the story will do it.

With the elements of conspiracy, the cheating gambling match, the stealing of the kingdom, the attempts to resolve through diplomacy which disintergrated into a war of unequalled measure, both in terms of what was at stake and the personalities composing the drama, only Oliver Stone the King of war and conspiracy films could properly bring forth the motion pictured story of Maha Bharata.

And, oh yeah, I can see the Rock carrying the whole family around on his back and eating everything in sight!