IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

mahak on movies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol, Ive been waiting for gHari's report on the matrix reloaded, as I will not go until I hear from him.

I have revised my top three list of all time faves.

1. Run, Lola, Run. Superb acting, quality story that demonstrates simultaneous reality and other multiversal topics

2. Jacob's Ladder. The sad true story of MK Ultra and the demoniac manipulations of governments against innocent citizens.

3. Yellow Submarine. Not the blue meanies or any other stuff, it gets my vote for the closing song by brother George, It's all too much.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

MatrixMax

Thumbs are way up on Reloaded.

I stoled my laundry quarters, and hitched a ride into the city for a cheapie matinee special on the day it opened. I recorded the audio in a .wav file - 13 megs, if anyone wants it.

I really should write an essay about the Matrix's real meaning since the ones I have seen on the net rate only at most a 40% grade. And I am the One! Isn't it?

I will be sure to get MyMax's input after the rough draft is available, if this is indeed to be.

Oddly I have two a your top three on DVD, Mahakasa dasa. Yellow Sub because it was cheap and classical. And Run, Lola, Run on your advice. Jacob's ladder was indeed a great movie.

My top three would be: Matrixes, Bagger Vance, and Siddhartha. Although I must admit I truly love Moulin Rouge now that my Great Gary Maharja of wealth has been defeated by the penniless poet sitar player, gHari. I cried uncontrollably in front of strangers when I realized how fortunate I was to be saved from the life of the tycoon by Sri Krsna Caitanya as I watched the penniless poet defeat the Evil Maharaja on film.

Nice to hear from you, Max. We've mostly been bickering in your absence.

You have my good wishes, always.

gHari

gHari, On the version of Siddartha that you have I wonder if it still has the original last scene. It was of five or six Vaisnava sadhus walking through a sparse forest(present day Vrndaban?) with shaved heads and sikas chanting bhajana's, kartals et all.

Sometime later I saw this film again and it had this scene taken out.

Guest guest

Haribol, gHari, PAMHO. I saw bagger upon your recommendation, and Im glad I saw it alone, as tears flowed quite profusely. I will see the next mx reload now. Hare Krsna ys mahak

PS bickering is quite a brotherly actrivity, sometimes I get surprised when it gets heavy, but we soon see that the love is stronger than the discord. Hare Krsna, ys.

Here is a reviewer who actually understood that it was the Bhagavad-gita, making numerous reasonable references in several chapters to Bhagavan and Arjuna while quoting the Gita and the book author: CLICK ME JUNUH

BTW, The Song of God, the greatest movie of all time. We have to make it. I spent six hours on my bicycle today riding into town to buy food, all the while listening to MP3 Bhagavad-gita on headphones, getting through it three times. It seems that it can be recited in the same time as a typical movie (two hours).

I was captivated; the trip passed in a flash, in an ocean of sweat. This could become a classic. Just the Gita, no big production - well, a little but not the whole MahaBharata. Lord Krsna ends each chapter with a zinger every time.

I'm casting now so if anyone has any ideas, they would be most appreciated.

Actually, I think I'm quite serious about this being a good idea. Perhaps I give the average westerner more respect than maybe I should, but I still think it could achieve a certain degree of success even without selling out on action sequences. I mean that nonsense with the hobbits and wizards was a hit.

We need hooks for the tamo and rajo folks - the Universal Form could be a center-piece. I just don't know how to deal with the mental platform Christians yet. We could have colourful flash scenes to illustrate Lord Krsna's lessons that would entertain the tamo/rajo crowd, and keep them awake while still listening to the message, perhaps understanding its logic and beauty even more.

It needs outsiders from the real world to sell this one. It needs a Narada Muni, a Prahlada.

gHari

I saw a Hindi movie version of the Gita. The whole movie was just Krsna instructing Arjuna on the battlefield. The actors were very convincing and very classical in their presentation. It was great and kept my attention but I can see where the lack of action and special effects might not work on the average movie goer.

I think you are onto something, gHari!!

This question was settled up a few years back when we were discussing the making of the Mahabharata in several parts, in the quality of Gladiator.

I nominated Russel Crowe for Arjuna and if I don't get my way I will withold funding.

theist: This question was settled up a few years back when we were discussing the making of the Mahabharata in several parts, in the quality of Gladiator.

I nominated Russel Crowe for Arjuna and if I don't get my way I will withold funding.

I missed this, I guess, but I concur. We'd better move fast, though, or he may be a better candidate for Bhisma. (Our family's idea for Bhisma has long been Sean Connery.)

he can be very very serious and tough looking - plus he has box-office appeal!

So what you do is get one actor who appeals to one sector of the population and another who appeals to the other sector. That way you reach everybody!

There is a method to my madness. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yeah but not tough enough and he is too skinny. They will droll over Crowe also.

Yeah Sean Connery as Bhisma sounds good. I wanted to work Richard Harris into the Mahabharata but he is probably too old now, that is if he hasn't bit the dust already.

gHari has a point on making the Gita first. It's the essence. Following movies could expand both ways as prequels and sequels.

My god, there is nothing like the Mahabharata for great story and philosophical wealth.

Look how they eat up the stupid Star Wars series. "attack of the clones", give me a break. We are talking about bramastra tip arrows shot by mantra. Sooooo cool. Topmost cool. And with the goal of life interwoven throughout.

A few hundred million would get us started. I was going to make a joke about asking an ISKCON sannyasi for backing but decided against it. I be bad.

they each get a part. Yes, Crowe does indeed have box-office appeal.

Crowe in drag...oh my..... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I must be gettin old...all the actors (besides Banderos) that come to my mind are oldsters. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

vewy vewy bad!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't know with - the price that has been charged for the Vedabase........ /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

With today's computer effects etc..this would be an outstanding movie in all aspects!!

Do you really think Banderos is too skinny??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeah Crowe for Arjuna. Maybe Cruise and Bandareos could be Nakula and Sahadeva? Just a thought. Did you see Gladiator?

Crowe in drag, lol.

Yeah with today's technology they could give Krsna an other worldly countenece(sp) of some sort. Holographic kind of, but not cartoon like. I don't know just something beyond a human actor painted blue.