IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Disparaging words...

Rate this topic

I had noted this in my diary. Forgot the source...

"When you are against someone, you have no freedom from them. If you find fault in someone, and your mind is set against them, know that you are stuck with them, glued with them! It is like a Super glue!"

Where seldom is heard

A disparaging word,

And the skies

Are not cloudy all day.

Oh give me an Om

Where the Vaisnavas roam,

And let Krsna spend

All day in my head.

From Nectar of Devotion:<blockquote>An example of shedding tears because of anger was exhibited by BhIma when he saw that SizupAla was insulting KRSNa in the RAjasUya arena of sacrifice. BhIma wanted to kill SizupAla immediately, but because KRSNa did not order him to do so, he became morose with anger. It is described that there were hot tears covering his eyes, as a thin cloud sometimes covers the evening moon. In the evening, when the moon is slightly covered by a thin cloud, it looks very nice, and when BhIma was shedding tears on account of his anger, he also looked very nice.

[...]

When RkSarAja was in front of KRSNa fighting and suddenly realized that KRSNa is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, KRSNa addressed him thus: "My dear RkSarAja, why is your face so dry? Please do not feel threatened by Me. There is no need for your heart to tremble like this. Please calm yourself down. I have no anger toward you. You may, however, become as angry as you like with Me--to expand your service in fighting with Me and to increase My sporting attitude." In this dreadful situation in ecstatic love for KRSNa, KRSNa Himself is the object of dread.</blockquote>