IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Audarya lila

In the name of truth and fairness

Rate this topic

I doubt that jndas keeps the posts, but I have to agree with Maitreya - they have been numerous and blatant. Vaidhi bhakti ritualists, offenders - blah blah blah. There is no denying that she did post such nonsense. There is also no denying that she has a lot to offer in terms of scriptural knowledge and her own spiritual development. If she could abide by the rules of conduct as outlined by the administrator of this site she would never have been banned. She apparantly has never attempted to apologize for her mis-conduct, nor has she expressed interest in being re-instated as a member of this forum. Being the kind hearted and liberal vaishnava that jndas has shown himself to be, I am quite sure that if she saw the error in her posts, apologized for going outside the boundaries, and asked to be re-instated - she would be.

In her defense, I will say that she was harrassed by many devotees on VNN and Dharma-mela and her choice of spiritual guide was also severely criticized by many. I am quite sure that her conduct was partly due to this poor behaviour and treatment of her.

At any rate, for what it is worth - I really don't think that the codes of conduct that are required here are all that difficult to follow and for those who don't wish to follow them the internet is a big place and they can find a place to speak out elswhere.

Your servant,

Audarya lila dasa

Guest guest

Originally posted by Maitreya:

Why don't you start a forum site and invite the person in question?

And that is really the bottom line, MC. Why others are so quick to criticize efforts without any effort of their own?

Guest guest

Originally posted by Bhaktavasya:

I must refrain from joining in a spiritual fellowship that censors and banns a person on flimsy evidence or because another individual just doesn't like the banned person for personal reasons.

Then please refrain. Bye!

Originally posted by rand0M aXiS:

And that is really the bottom line, MC. Why others are so quick to criticize efforts without any effort of their own?

Yeah randOM for sure.Sometimes at a Sunday feast or some program I here people complain that there isn't enough prasadam preps, like"Where are the samosas" etc. but who themselves never come by early to help out.

I also remember a post by JNdas just prior to the removal of JSR warning everyone of spamming etc. and still JSR continued.

Enough whinning already!

You have got to be kidding. She made one post after another attacking others in these forums, and attacking various Gaudiya Vaisnava Acharyas. She once mocked Srila Gour Govinda Swami's passing away. She is nothing, and we have nothing to learn from her. She is a person consumed by hate who simply made these forums polluted. Good riddance to her.

Gauracandra

Jahnava Nitai has made it clear that this person is banned. These forums are not a democracy. Jaya Sri Radhey is simply too puffed up to ever humbly request Jahnava Nitai to be readmitted to the Fellowship. I am glad she is gone. She simply brought vileness and attacks over and over. What is the use of so much cutting and pasting of others words (all she ever did besides attack), when all she has to offer is hate and attacks. Good riddance to her.

Gauracandra

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

These forums are not a democracy.

This forum is a good fellowship

known as Audarya Fellowship

We are the FELLOWS

and democracy

is the

SHIP !

able seaperson Talasiga

These forums are not a democracy. This has been made clear. There is nothing else that needs to be said.

I'll tell you why I'm glad she is gone. The internet gives voice to the most obnoxious people on the planet. Jaya Sri Radhey is one of the most obnoxious individuals I have encountered on the Internet. These people go anywhere they want, attack anyone they want, and because there is no law and order, the meek and humble are trampled on. They do not add to the exchange of ideas, they actively suppress free speech. The simple people, the quiet people dont' want to get into confrontations. They want to share their ideas, but because of these obnoxious individuals they stay silent. Such people harm free speech. And we have seen this happen on many vaisnava sites. I never went to VNN forums because they were just a sewer. I have no wish to wade through all those vile postings made by obnoxious people (like Jaya Sri Radhey). But here, we have law and order. Jahnava Nitai keeps these forums clean, and we actually have real exchanges. And simple people, quiet people can find a home on these forums and share their realizations.

Again this is not a democracy. Mr. JNDas is the sheriff. He is in charge. He sets the rules. And I for one am glad we have a place where people can share their thoughts, rather than having to deal with the vileness of obnoxious individuals.

Gauracandra

And who is the banned Robin Hood ?

No one. Out of all the people who participate in these forums, for as long as they have existed, the only one banned has been an insignificant person named Jaya Sri Radhey. A person who pollutes everywhere she goes with her vile hatred. If I'm not mistaken she has been banned on a number of Vaisnava forums. Coincidence? I think not. She is simply an obnoxious, hateful person. Good riddance to her.

Gauracandra

an insignificant person named Jaya Sri Radhey. A person who pollutes everywhere she goes ....

You have been polluted

by her insignificance

Seeing her greatness

you will be cleansed

Nope, not going to happen. Lets see you "cleansed" the next time you hear her laughing at the passing of Srila Gour Govinda Maharaj and attacking his purity. I'm glad she is gone. We will all be much purer without her hate.

Gauracandra

Guest guest

No one. Out of all the people who participate in these forums, for as long as they have existed, the only one banned has been an insignificant person named Jaya Sri Radhey.

Gauracandra

A small correction, prabhu: Bhakta Shakti/Ajah Shah/Supercow. But perhaps you missed those pastimes.

Nope, not going to happen. Lets see you "cleansed" the next time you hear her laughing at the passing of Srila Gour Govinda Maharaj and attacking his purity. I'm glad she is gone. We will all be much purer without her hate.

The Divine One

looks for our goodness

I must refrain from joining in a spiritual fellowship that censors and banns a person on flimsy evidence or because another individual just doesn't like the banned person for personal reasons.

Over 500 posts were deleted from these forums because they were full of vileness and hatred, not spiritual discussion, and because 95% of the posts were just copying and pasted things from mailing lists and posting them in any thread despite them being completely unrelated. In addition to this she had used unappropriate language (read four letter words) in the past. And that is at present an immediate cause for banning.

I warned her a number of times with out doing anything, and then I banned her. To think that I tolerated 500 messages, when someone like bhakta shakta was banned for making one single offensive statement to another forum participant. It hardly seems fair. But the difference is I will reinstate bhakta shakta for a number reasons, but with a close watch, whereas other repeat offenders get a life sentence. In the U.S., some states have a three strikes, your out law. Where criminal offenses receive a very severe penalty when committed three times. I have a 500 strikes, your out rule, and only one person has ever violated it.

You will not find any evidence of the 500 posts because they were deleted, just as you will not find bhakta shaktas swearing at a new forum participant for no reason.

Regarding your desire not to participate in these forums, do whatever you wish. No one forces anyone to be here. The rules are clear, if you don't like them, go elsewhere or start your own forum.

Some may question why I keep a tight leash on forum abusers. Let me answer this in brief. I am situated in India, and my service is to run an ashram here and I am engaged most of the time in organising food relief programs to feed the poor, and conducting classes on spiritual topics. In addition to this, I receive hundreds of emails every day that require personal answers to people's spiritual questions. On top of this I have to try to run this website, a small section of which is this forum. In the hierarchy of my work, this forum receives the least of my time, as my other activities are much more important both to me and those whom I am interacting with. Practically I don't even have time to read all of the messages, but just scan as many as I can and reply very rarely. In such a situation it becomes very easy for trouble makers to sneak in and spread their vile without myself coming to notice it. It has happened in the past, and other members on this forum had to send me emails to inform me of the violations. I don't have the time to chase down trouble makers every day, and as such I give strict warnings to the participants who violate the rules. Generally I will give three warnings for serious violations, though for minor violations I just delete the message.

The particular person in question required constant observation, as every single post was in violation of our rules. I am not in a position where I can spend more than 10 or 15 minutes on the internet each day. And I will not have other important activities, such as food relief programs and spiritual counseling, disrupted just so one offensive individual on the internet can have free speech.

There are unmoderated forums on the internet where such people can participate in, and where foul language and abusive behaviour is encouraged. In addition to that, they can start their own forums very easily through . But the fact is they won't, because no one will participate in such forums. People aren't interested in hate messages spread in the name of spirituality.

If anyone does not like the strict policy I enforce, then you may go elsewhere and start your own forum. This has been said before a number of times.

With the exception of the banned individual, can any single person here come forward and say I have censored your post? Have I ever censored Jijaji's anti Gaudiya Matha messages? Have I censored Satyaraja's anti Chaitanya vaishnavism messages? Have I censored a single of Shvu's atheistic messages? Your accusations are a joke.

I am so encouraged by these strong posts, this is what is needed, so many coming forward without mincing words on this issue. Anyone who is blind to the offenses of this person may be feeling the same in their own hearts, that is all I can gather from the astounding assertions being made that jsr should be given another chance to pollute our ears.

Thank you for running a tight ship, jndas, and thanks to everyone else who spoke strongly on this matter. I feel that I have a safe shelter here when such protection is going on. Thank you thank you thank you!

Jayaradhe dasi

My this post may not be liked by some. But I do not think that we should continue spoiling our moods thinking about past. Jayasriradhey ji can no longer participate in these forums. She can not defend herself here. So, we should not continue criticizing her. And just because her posts were not as per the rules of this forum, does not mean that there is nothing good about her. Why is it that if we are angry with some people, then we find only bad in them and we never see anything good? Is everybody complete white or complete black? jndas ji is the administrator here. So, I have no right to question his decisions. But, I do not believe that no post was ever made which could make her angry. I never participated in VNN. In fact, there was a time when I did not even know what it was. I came to know about it one day from this forum itself. By that time, VNN had been closed. So, I can not comment on any post made there. But, I do not believe that there has never be a time when somebody made an insulting post to her. When she was participating here, then I found that one participant in this forum continuously used to make a kind of reply which will be found insulting by any lady. I am not going to tell what that post was or who posted that because I do not want the hatred to be continued.

Regarding VNN or Dharma Mela, whatever was said there is no reason to come polute this forum. I am sure people on those forums said offensive things to this person, but it is irrelevant here.

Regarding the good in everyone, it is true everyone has some good; but when we intersperse the teachings of Krishna with our own hate, and then try to pass it off as something good, that is ridiculous.

[This message has been edited by jndas (edited 08-29-2001).]

I am sure people on those forums said offensive things to this person, but it is irrelevant here.

As I mentioned in my post, I am not talking about those forums. How can I? I have never read a single post in any of those forums. I am talking about this very forum. I am not trying to imply that just because one person makes insulting remarks to somebody, then the latter has got right to express anger on everybody. But, if we want others to behave properly with us, then we should also behave properly with others.