IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Subham

Vaishnavam and Islam

Rate this topic

Hari OM:

When to throw and how to throw away the Scriptures, you will know when you "REALIZE" you will not be bothered with those questions then , scriptures will be then like a pool of water to you, who is the owner of a brim of water sheet overflowing on all the sides, all the time.

However, if you had not actually "realized" the truth, but take an egoistic (or illusory) stand that you had indeed "realized" the truth and throw the scriptures right away, your natural qualities will start pulling you on all sides, and with neither the self-knowledge nor the guidance of scriptures, you will be torn apart like a cloud and nothing to stand upon, will be lost (to the spiritual path)

so dear friend, dont assume, after read once, that you had understood Gita, read it again and again, daily, until you really understand it. Many people jump to their own conlusions without understanding what the author of the book says. [ Also try to understand the real meaning of "Brahmo Satyam Jagat Nityam" on which the Advainta philosphy is built]

yes its correct to read fully and understand anything not only BG.

can you tell me what to understand from BG. people assume things from BG in different ways but don't not understand.

we have seen 1000's of explanations of BG in various volumes with good price tags. and you must have read too. its good i don't say don't read it.read it till the life ends. as the time will pass soon and when you read it your mind will be occupied thats what krishna wants. there shall come 2000's of explanations in near future. i read some one saying of video game of BG in this forum. see the importance of geetha.... going with thoughts its shall nev.

many 1000's of people will come and explain as you are explaining each and every verse. again its not you but krishna in you is explaining the same.

lot of krishna's will come and explain.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif . can you ask krishna in yourself to stop explaining and reveal in yourself. he will do that.

life is God and realise it here itself. he is not waiting outside to realise. so get directly to act of realiseing in yourself. else you shall have to wait for some body else may be another krishna to come and explain you that he is God.

don't wait for him. he is in you.and same time i am not stopping krishna to read his own sayings. /images/graemlins/smile.gif . That is must!

Hari OM:

Thank you for saying I am Krishna, but no thanks, i like to remain Subham , as of now.

the first basic question, remains still, if i am Krishna (as you Say), then how did i forgot i am Krishna , again as stated in Gita, "Krishna never forgets any of the past Births, while Arjuna forgets all his past birth", so either i am not Krishna, or the above verse in Gita is a lie, i would prefer the first part.

"get directly to act of realiseing in yourself"

Can you please kindly explain , How?

Hari OM:

As per the Islamic belief, Muhammad travelled to Allah one day (called as Miraj), there he Saw Allah, spoke to him as well as saw Jesus sitting in his Right hand side, now if Allah had no form how can we have a Right hand side?

As per remaining virigin, not very different from Hindu Belief, that damsels at Indira's Paradise (Menaka, Rambha, Urvasi), remain virigins for millions of years, even after having children (Sahkuntla was born to Vishvamitra and one damsel)

Your other differences , i do agree, but are only minor difference i would say.

The only major difference is then the End (or destination)

Let my following text be interpreted by lord krishna in you correctly and may the correct alone be taken by who ever reads this.

_______

As you have believed well in BG. its good. you can carry on reading till your realisation.Its no wrong. but understand the context. why its been given to read. we are the fortunate to read and also understand.

when you talk about BG. its pure and truth.

put yourself in BG. don't see characters.

take BG to your inner self. and you will realise what i say. never take or relate to outside world it will prove wrong . as you quoted silly like krishna will be in past present and future. my dear friend he is in you for past present and future and you know all. but its krishna don't want to make you know how you were and what you will be. just understand.

its not convincing you or any of this text readers i am telling but following the correct method you will learn the calrity of BG. yes many do the same.

just take BG to your life. don't read BG and keep to shelf.by saying this i mean the following.

life is a battle field.

your mind is battling.

your ignorance is arjuna.

your intelligence is KRISHNA.

your problems and questions are arrows which you have to face with.

surrender to your intelligence don't use your senses directly to face the arrows but take guide of the intelligence.

and you alone have to fight this battle. krishna shall help you.

you are dying and taking birth several times its not physical death and birth which all think. its with your failiures you die and fight up again to raise a new life.same way each day is a janma you get birth in morning and die in night. like wise you challenge to extent and get tired and ask yourself questions what for i am fighting all odds? thats what krishna says you shall never know me until you surrender to me. so seek him in you. he will give you in each and every step.

don't keep him far and try to battler yourself its impossible with out him.

Insert each and every text of what you have learnt in BG to your life here. you will realiese Krishna in you and that will give you vishwaroopa dharshinam.

never see God in temples,book alone see in yourself. he gave his words so you take it to your mind and fight for your own welfare.

just keeping or knowing the bottle of water doesn't mean you shall fill your thirst.indeed you have to drink it for your thirst.

when you start implementing the same.you will realise God in you always. God comes not only from BG.

my dear friend hope you understand now how to realise him in you.thats what said what ever you do you surrender that to krishna in you. he will make you free.

God never tell read BG and you will get me. but god tells keep me with you and you shall always be with me.

Any clarification now! or doubts. if you understood its great.

else,Krishna in you will reaveal in you.

Hari OM:

A very good and thought-provoking reply, i would say.

Your ignorance is Arjuna

Your Intelligence is Krishna

Has explained the Nara-Narayana concept quite well.

But both of this are possessive pro-noun, (My ignorance and My intelligence), so what is the proper -noun (ME?)

[Also to strike you with another Gita verse, "I am Arjuna in Pandavas"- means He is the Ignorance of Pandavas?, this is more a funny question, not a literal one, i am now slightly understanding what you are saying]

Hari OM:

what i meant was understanding you, not understanding the truth (may be both are same, but can't say)

God (Bhagavan) is not intelligence, if so all intelligent people can realize him

When they say turn inside and see the God, literally does not mean the God (Bhagavan) is inside you (and excluding the Bhagavan outside you)

What is inside us is "Brahamam" - the minute genetic pool, life-giving substance (stated to be as thin as 1/10,000th of human hair). This Brahamam reflects the entire universe within itself (the Virat Swaroop), this Brahamam can also reflect the Personal Form of the reality behind the Universe, called the Bhagavan, (the Sarguna Samidhi) or it may even reflect itself (nirguna samadhi, where the seer, seen and the process of seeing are the one and the same).

But since it reflects Bhagavan , it does not become Bhagavan itself. i will remain Purusha and he will continue to remain "Purushothma" even after seeing His reflection.

When a Grandfather says to his Grandson "You are like me , good boy" he says out of love, however when the Grandson says the same thing to his Grand father he says out of ignorance.

Bhagavan is within us means we can see His reflection in (and ONLY in ) our own life-giving substance, the Atman, it is also possible for the Atman to merge in Bhagavan, however it may not be possible for Atman to become Bhagavan.

Good read lot about the external bagawan. or may be come across inference as you say.

but get going. one fine day God with 500 arms and 1000 faces will come in front of you and say 'hi subham, this is krishna,take my visiting card.you have scored 100% marks in BG and you shall join me as you are a good student in BG and has read lot of scriptures."

never my friend happens . its fantasy all along. anyway try out you can come out well. but yes if you feel you are not God you are subham. then you are bit unlucky that you have not realised what you call baghawan in you. may be you are not that much satisfied with in you. or may be you want some more wishes in materialistic world to get accomplised or may be you are not clean in your heart.

but don't deny that God is not there in you. may be the poorest to poor or characterless person has god in him. the only difference in what one sees in himself. you shall also improve your vision.

if you see dirty in you . you become dirty. if you see subham in you you see subham. if you see krishna in you you are krishna......

if you wait krishna to ring your door bell and say hello subham i have come. let us go to vikunta. my dear friend that shall happen only in your dreams. all the best. find your own way. but knowledge is good if rightly understood.

Hari OM:

Thank you for the wishes and the sincere advices, however i would prefer to proceed in my own way, why? because:

1) if i am god (as you say) and assuming me as subham, then i have nothing to loose (since God can't loose anything), this is pure and simple fun arising out of wrong assumption

2) However if i am no god but assuming me as God, then i have many things to loose , including the liberation from that false assumption.

Anyhow all the best for You also (but i don't know for what, since you are a God already)

sorry dear friend,

i never wanted to change you path. its beautiful in its own. as krishna has purpose of doing it. i just told to realise that path.

all have brains but only few uses it. thats why i am pointing having it is not important realising is important. here you only think krishna as a name as subham . and afraid of taking your name. don't worry you will remain subham till your journey. that krishna will take care.

here the thirst is important.that will come some time. at that time. pls don't find solution in books. its with you drink the same.

Krishna in you shall reveal him in what you want.

Hari OM:

Thank you for acknowledging the existence of different paths, and all Paths are equally good, you seem to be a real intelligent person.

Any how these discussions are going on for Hundreds of years without any definite conclusions, so i am also not expecting a conclusion.

i am some how unable to digest the fact that all cruel, ignorant, stupid, terrorist, dacoits are God, without concluding "Gods must be crazy"

Guest guest

1) Both have a personal God

There's no "personal" God ... God belongs to ALL. Saying they have personal God is like saying the Sun shines ONLY for them.

(In Islam, Allah is a universal God.He is also personal because He is known through the Koran.)

2) Both have a Holy Book

Same as above. Gita is for ALL - believers AND disbelievers.

(There are so many Holy Books.!!)

3) Both talk about surrender to God

Who said Muslims surrender anything to God?

Inshallah..means will of God..They seek to do the will of God.. (To what extend they succeed is not the question. You have to compare that with the rest of humanity, which i believe fares no better)

If they did, then they couldn't be fighting in Middle-East against Jews over the Holy Land and just accept God giving Jews that piece of Land as acceptable.

(your logic is misplaced. The koran talks about believer and the ummah( community of beleivers)They beleive that they have to strive to be righteous and that interpretation varies with individuals and communities. So their fighting for a seperate homeland is no different fm india's fight for independance. )

Do not hate muslims. the Sun shines equally on all..Remember His name is same- sightendness.

4) Both talk about this life is insignificant

Life IS significant. If they think it is insignificant, then it is like cursing God for the life He gave.

( what was meant, is that this life is just a means to a better life, no different fm early Hinduism and it's heavens and asparas..)

5) Both approve war for the Sake of God.

ONLY God fights for God ... NO ONE else. Huh? Who does God have to fight with ? you think God is a vengefull god?

You're just a Puppet ..Nope...we are Reality..

Edited by Sephiroth (07/29/05 04:12 AM)

<< there he Saw Allah, spoke to him as well as saw Jesus sitting in his Right hand side, now if Allah had no form how can we have a Right hand side? >>

no muslim has made a picture / drawing of allah.

so, either mohammed did not see him at all,

or he did not tell how god was looking.

i do not believe the scriptures say apsaras are virgins,

but they remain young, and do not get old bodies.

however, no human (hindu) going to swarga ever wishes to enjoy an apsara. hindus view them as mothers.

(In Islam, Allah is a universal God.He is also personal because He is known through the Koran.)

Nope ... no one heard of any God named Allah till Islam comes around. Lord Vishnu's name and Lord Shiva's name has meanings due to the property They own.

Hell ... even Judaism have similar concept (to Hindusm) of putting God's name according to His characteristics (as they thought He has).

http://www.jewfaq.org/name.htm

[Qoute]

An example of this usage occurs in Ex. 3:13-22: Moses asks God what His "name" is. Moses is not asking "what should I call you;" rather, he is asking "who are you; what are you like; what have you done." That is clear from God's response. God replies that He is eternal, that He is the God of our ancestors, that He has seen our affliction and will redeem us from bondage.

he most important of God's Names is the four-letter Name represented by the Hebrew letters Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh (YHVH). It is often referred to as the Ineffable Name, the Unutterable Name or the Distinctive Name. Linguistically, it is related to the Hebrew root Heh-Yod-Heh (to be), and reflects the fact that God's existence is eternal.

[/Qoute]

What is the meaning of name of Allah?

(There are so many Holy Books.!!)

Wrong ... there is ONLY ONE - the Gita. Hebrews have no holy book, their Laws are simple and passed by word of mouth - starting from God's mouth to Moses's ears and from Moses's mouth to His children's ears.

What you have today is just the Bible - creation of Man who is influenced by corruption and bigotry.

Inshallah..means will of God..They seek to do the will of God.. (To what extend they succeed is not the question. You have to compare that with the rest of humanity, which i believe fares no better)

Unfortunately, the will of Allah is also the will of your Muallah and Muhammad. Muslims nowadays are confused on which is will of Allah and which is will of their priests. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

(your logic is misplaced. The koran talks about believer and the ummah( community of beleivers)They beleive that they have to strive to be righteous and that interpretation varies with individuals and communities. So their fighting for a seperate homeland is no different fm india's fight for independance. )

Wrong ... Muslims fighting AGAINST the Will of their God.

It is said that Judgement Day will come when there is various of signs. ONE of them is the prophecy that Judgement Day occurs ONLY after Jews and Muslims had made peace. By fighting against Jews, you are actually going against the Will of your God that peace should exist between Jews and Muslims.

And No, it is not same as India fought for independence. Gandhi didn't use children as sheilds or taught them to throw stones at soldiers who will shoot back (what else is there to do?).

Do not hate muslims. the Sun shines equally on all..Remember His name is same- sightendness.

Really? Tell that the Jews who were killed by your Muhammad, also to Hindus who was made slaves in their homeland and to Buddhist who lost their lives, temples and lastest one - the Bumiyan Statues. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

( what was meant, is that this life is just a means to a better life, no different fm early Hinduism and it's heavens and asparas..)

Wrong again ... Even in Manu Smirti, God has introduced Himself and who Man should worship in order to be liberated. Man did NOT worship God to get to Heaven or into skirts of Apsaras - then and now.

Jews were ordered to worship God to remind themselves not to be displaced by their lack of faith, and to remember Him in times of trouble. They worship Him as thanks for bringing them out from bondage and He will do so again.

ANYONE dreams of better afterlife while wasting this one (on Earth) is equals to wasting life given by God.

ONLY God fights for God ... NO ONE else. Huh? Who does God have to fight with ? you think God is a vengefull god?

God fights for His truth and His Dharma, which He has given to Man and He has responsibility to protect.

He gave Vedas and the Laws (and later, Gita for the Kaliyuga) to Man and it is your choice whether you wish to follow it or not. However, it is NOT your choice to corrupted it to fit your understanding.

He will come and fight for what is righteous and truth and return the Vedas and the Laws back to righteous ones and punish the corrupting ones.

..Nope...we are Reality..

You are foolishness. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hari OM:

"Do not hate muslims"

People don't hate muslims for their belief, but for their actions.

"Now a days" people are in general more tolerant of others beliefs.

But in case of (Most) Muslims, when their population reaches half-mark, in a street, city, state (kashmir) or Country (Pakistan,Bangaladesh), they try to kill or throw away all others. You can't expect love in return.

my dear friend , it would be more relevant, for you to go to muslim forums and start preaching, "do not hate others"

Guest guest

{(There are so many Holy Books.!!)

Wrong ... there is ONLY ONE - the Gita.}

What! I do hope you're joking. Even in Hinduism there are many scriptures, not the Gita alone. So are you saying that before the Gita, the Vedas were not holy? Let's not forget the the Gita is heavily inspired by the Upanishads...now are the Upanishads not holy books? they are part of Sruti after all. Is the Srimad Bhavatam not holy? Are the Saivite and Sakta scriptures not holy?

By the way it, is known that the Torah is the Jewish holy scripture.

ONLY Gita is Holy. Jews have their unwritten, oral Laws and Buddhist have their Scriptures (which was NOT written by Gautama Buddha but collective students after Buddha's departure from the World).

So, in that context, Yes ... ONLY Gita which came straight from God's mouth is holy, simply because it has collection of ALL other Vedas within it.

Vedas which was given to Manu comes from God's mouth to Manu's ears (same as what happened between God and Moses). Therefore, it is verbal instruction. Writing it down (as Veda and Torah which exist today) doesn't make it holy, FOLLOWING the instruction is what will make it Holy.

Know the difference ... Holy books do not become Holy because some Swami or Prophet brought it in and give it to people, it is Holy because God has given it and Man required to follow. If you say a Book is Holy because this person or that person brought it, it is equal to saying that person is God.

In same way, Moses is NOT a God ... he is a Deliver of Message of God. Torah is NOT holy because Moses brought it, it is Holy because God have gave it to Hebrews to follow and ONLY by following it, they (Hebrews) will make it Holy.

Guest guest

{ONLY Gita which came straight from God's mouth is holy, simply because it has collection of ALL other Vedas within it.}

But according to historians Gita is only 300BC old not 3000BC as some believe, so it can't be the literal word of Sri Krishna, rather is was written by a Vyasa who lived in this time. Also Gita has taken alot from the Upanishads which pre-date it and especially the Sveteshwara Upanishad which scholars say it substituted Rudra with Krishna as the Supreme God.

But according to historians Gita is only 300BC old not 3000BC as some believe, so it can't be the literal word of Sri Krishna, rather is was written by a Vyasa who lived in this time.

Like I said many times before ... Writing skills not so advanced in India around the time Kaliyuga began (3100 BC according to Mahabratha).

Aryans (Hebrews from Mesotampia Regions) came to India around 4,600 B.C (some went to Egypt at the same time and began Egyptian dynasties) and brought together with them the skills of writing (as found in Mesotamphia by archeologists) to India. From this writing, Sanksrit began and flourished and puranas and the Gita were written down in the form you see today.

The form which existed from 3,100 B.C is in form verbal instructions and Brahmins were responsible of memorising and passing down this instructions from one generation after another.

Also Gita has taken alot from the Upanishads which pre-date it and especially the Sveteshwara Upanishad which scholars say it substituted Rudra with Krishna as the Supreme God.

Gita didn't take anything, it composed of elements which existed in Vedas before it in a uniformed form for easier understanding in Kali yuga times. Instead of requiring to read 4 books (the Vedas), now, people just required to read one and follow it accordingly.

As for Sveteshwara Upanishads and your claims, I have not heard anything of such.

But according to historians Gita is only 300BC old not 3000BC as some believe, so it can't be the literal word of Sri Krishna, rather is was written by a Vyasa who lived in this time.

Like I said many times before ... Writing skills not so advanced in India around the time Kaliyuga began (3100 BC according to Mahabratha).

Aryans (Hebrews from Mesotampia Regions) came to India around 4,600 B.C (some went to Egypt at the same time and began Egyptian dynasties) and brought together with them the skills of writing (as found in Mesotamphia by archeologists) to India. From this writing, Sanksrit began and flourished and puranas and the Gita were written down in the form you see today.

Please read the articles by David Frawley shattering the myth of Aryan Invasion in http://www.geocities.com/dipalsarvesh/aryan0.html The antiquity of Vedic culture is discussed in 27 articles proving it to be indegenous and as mother of all civilisations of the world. The views expressed in these articles are gaining acceptance among historians and archelogists and they are to be read by everyone interested in Hindu Thought.

Second, about the holy book for Hindus. There are two ways of looking at this, those who follow a particular guru or sect, follow the scriptures that have been used by the sect or guru to propagate their views which are regarded as holy books by them and there are those who rely only on texts which have been regarded as apourusheyam (not authored by anyone). In the former case, the holy books differ from sect to sect, here I mean the sect as saivites or vaishnavites or Krishna conscious people etc. The second category people are rare to find nowadays, but the seers of yore relied on them.

Only Vedas and Upanishads have been accepted by seers as pramana sashtras. Every other text draws their input from them only. So there are two routes to gain knowledge. Either read the pramana texts and understand them or read the other texts which are the result of ‘progressive simplication of Truth’. But for any seeker of Truth, the Pramana sashtras alone give the true picture.

It is in this background we analyse the Svethaswathara Upanishad as told by Guest2. That is the only Upanishad which is repeatedly identifying Rudra as Brahman, while the other Upanishads identify Narayana as Brahman. (Please read my post on Brahman & Brahma posted in the last 24 hours). Grammatically and by purport, Rudra, Shiv and Shambhu have meanings that do not make them equated to Brahman. But in this Upanishad, wherever Rudra is mentioned, it is in the context of Brahman. Therefore Rudra of Shvethaswara Upanishad is indeed Narayana (according to ancient seers) and therefore Krishna according to recent gurus.

If we take a holistic approach, we find that the Hindu thought from

Rig vedas to the more recent texts is a progressive

simplification of philosophical as well as meta-physical views. The

vedas were the most complex and the upanishads came as a

simplification of the vedas. The Aranyakas followed suit and further

simplification for mass consumption occurred in the form of

Ithihaasas and Puranas.

This simplification can be noticed in the concept of moksham (taking

moksham as an example- concept. Other important ones to have

undergone progressive simplification are the concepts of Agni & Sri). From doing continuous penance to attain moksham, in Rik vedic period to the aham-annam and aham-annadam realization in upanishadic period to sharanagathi tattwa (Gita - sarva dharman paridyajya…)to Bhakti yoga in the present period is a simplified route to Moksham in accordance with yuga dharma. It is possible that in future, some future guru may even bring out a much simpler route depending on the needs / demands of the time.

What we must take note of in this progressive simplification is that

the authors have relied on the next immediate complex ( the

preceding one) form of thought. For the current period, we find the Gita becoming the base of interpretation, therefore the ‘holy’ book. About a 1000 years ago, the 2 Ithihasas were much relied upon. During the period of Ithihasas, Upanishads were the ‘holy’ books. But all these reflect the apourusheya notions of Vedas. The ‘holiness’ is due to the universality and eternal nature of the Truth contained in them. It is not because who told them to whom. To connect the holiness to someone who told or heard them is like telling that the laws of motion are holy or true because they were told by Newton, while the fact is that Newton only perceived those laws which are in existence always. Vedas too reveal the Truth which is in existence always. The seers perceived them in their heightened spiritual awareness!

Please read the articles by David Frawley shattering the myth of Aryan Invasion ...

Did I said that Aryans (Hebrews) invaded India ANYWHERE in this forum?

The antiquity of Vedic culture is discussed in 27 articles proving it to be indegenous and as mother of all civilisations of the world.

Did I say that Vedic culture is NOT "mother" to all civilizations of the world?

Get the points straight.

Point no. 1 - Aryans didn't invade India, they came and settled in the North section because of natural disaster in Mesotamphia region.

Point no. 2 - Aryans didn't bring the Vedas (like what some may believe), they brought Writing skills to India. This writing skills were used by Hindus at that time to write down their beliefs which were passed down by oral before.

Point no. 3 - Vedic civilization IS mother of ALL civilizations because they come from the 1st group of people who settled in India 180,000 years ago. Branch from this people went and settled in Malaya, China, Japan and across the Bering Straits to America where they become Red Indians.

That is the only Upanishad which is repeatedly identifying Rudra as Brahman, while the other Upanishads identify Narayana as Brahman.

And in the Gita, it is said that both Narayana AND Rudra IS the Brahman. Case closed, I know which to believe.

It is possible that in future, some future guru may even bring out a much simpler route depending on the needs / demands of the time.

Such gurus as you refer to them are people who do not remember that the gravest sin in Hindusm is the one where a person modify the Vedas.

Right now, we see Hindus trying to misinterprete their religions in attempt to bring in Christians and entertain Muslims. Muslims and Christians themselves attempt to modify Vedas and misinterprete the Gita to fit their religion. And many of Hindus already gave up reading their books and live sinful life.

Guest guest

"5) Both approve war for the Sake of God."

Please add one more

Both the religions have senior-swamys/imams who develop a hard line of intolerance in the excuse of 'Aparadha'.

I would like to amend the statement

"do not hate others"

to

'do not hate others for your own sake'

Regarding the hatred inside muslims, I see muslims as making a bad example of pinacle of bakthy & surrender. The muslims have gone too far and deep into bakthy but with no spiritual knowledge evolving, which is a situation similar to the bunch of vaishnavites cut/pasting religious scruptures with their freaky/provocative interpretations. These bunch of pro-bakthy & pro-surrender muslims with zero-spiritual-knowledge bring bad name to their own religion & similar would be the fate of these zero knowledge vaishnavites of today.

I think the jews are very well responsible for the militancy and the corruption (the zero spiritual knowledge and extreme bakthy) of faith in islam which seem to have had a very highly spiritual evolution in the past. The jew took away the roti-kapada-makan of muslims and made their under lying intolerance appear as though it was a flaw in their religion.

I think the muslims require roti-kapada-makan basically, and then we'll see the rest of the muslims youth not going after the honour, respect and self determination of muslims. Perhaps the jews knew this was coming for their own doing. The jews should own the problem and address the problem without the help of US and without sympathy from their II-Word War situation.

The jews need to fix it, and they should become an example to the rest of the world for peace & tolerance. The jews can live well in this world without the victim-image of the World-war II. This may be an opportunity to shed that by helping the muslims with their basic human/family needs for their children to grow.