IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

When does the soul enter the body?

Rate this topic

TRANSLATION

The Personality of Godhead said: Under the supervision of the Supreme Lord and according to the result of his work, the living entity, the soul, is made to enter into the womb of a woman through the particle of male semen to assume a particular type of body.

PURPORT

As stated in the last chapter, after suffering different kinds of hellish conditions, a man comes again to the human form of body. The same topic is continued in this chapter. In order to give a particular type of human form to a person who has already suffered hellish life, the soul is transferred to the semen of a man who is just suitable to become his father. During sexual intercourse, the soul is transferred through the semen of the father into the mother’s womb in order to produce a particular type of body. This process is applicable to all embodied living entities, but it is especially mentioned for the man who was transferred to the Andha-tämisra hell. After suffering there, when he who has had many types of hellish bodies, like those of dogs and hogs, is to come again to the human form, he is given the chance to take his birth in the same type of body from which he degraded himself to hell.

Everything is done by the supervision of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Material nature supplies the body, but it does so under the direction of the Supersoul. It is said in Bhagavad-gétä that a living entity is wandering in this material world on a chariot made by material nature. The Supreme Lord, as Supersoul, is always present with the individual soul. He directs material nature to supply a particular type of body to the individual soul according to the result of his work, and the material nature supplies it. Here one word, retaù-kaëäçrayaù, is very significant because it indicates that it is not the semen of the man that creates life within the womb of a woman; rather, the living entity, the soul, takes shelter in a particle of semen and is then pushed into the womb of a woman. Then the body develops. There is no possibility of creating a living entity without the presence of the soul simply by sexual intercourse. The materialistic theory that there is no soul and that a child is born simply by material combination of the sperm and ovum is not very feasible. It is unacceptable.

Guest guest

soul enters the body sonn after the child is born. The first cry you hear is the entering time of the soul. Soul enters in the body through muladhar chakra and that time it sparks and that is the reason child starts crying. Soul does not enter the body at the time of conception or in between 9 months as two souls cannot reside in single body.

thanks.

Pradeep Jadeja

pradeepjadeja@hotmail.com

Guest guest

Surely as God is everything and omnipresent in all life the soul of the 'individual' is not placed within the body but a continuation of the soul of the parents.

soul enters the body sonn after the child is born.

I say Souls already exists within the body in the 1st four weeks of conception, freely moving in and out of its abode (the body) till much later when the Soul is already bind down by the Mind (as it develop in the womb itself).

By stating that soul has enters the body in time of its birth, you are saying that the child inside the stomach is soulless (and probably justification for Stem Cell Harvesting).

Guest guest

I've heard that the soul is always reincarnated as a sperm. Many sperm die but only one makes it. The sperm that do die have to be reincarnated again. While the child is growing inside the mother, the soul is already there.

It is absurd to think that the soul joins the baby after it is born!

I've heard that the soul is always reincarnated as a sperm. Many sperm die but only one makes it. The sperm that do die have to be reincarnated again. While the child is growing inside the mother, the soul is already there.

It is absurd to think that the soul joins the baby after it is born!

Where did you get such information? I think you are influenced by Atheists beliefs that the "Soul" is something physical and will perish upon death.

Souls comes from God. It is not made, born or destroyed (except by hands of God) and it taken thousands if not millions of birth, death and rebirths in order to find God.

Brahma Sutras speak about this and so also upanishads like Chandokya. The descent happens in 5 stages which are described as panchagni (5 agni).

The soul while descending comes along with water (rain, the 1st agni–water is an agni in having the capacity to eat up agni), enters the earth (2nd agni) and then enters the food (in plants) such as rice and corn, herbs and trees, sesame and beans”. (Chan- V-X-6) (the 3rd agni). It then enters the man (the 4th agni) as the food he eats and rests in him for 2 months. While the descent in the initial stages is quick, by the time the soul enters the plant, ‘the escape is beset with more difficulties,’ (Chan). That is, the process is not reversible by the time the soul comes to this level. That is why no birth is accidental.The moment the soul enters the womb (5th agni), the body is born(Brahma sutras –3-1-27).The pramana we have as “Then the soul gets connected with him (the man at the 4th stage) who performs the act of generation” (Brahmasutras – 3-1-26) and“For whoever eats food and performs the act of generation (the soul ) becomes that thing” (Chan –V-X-6)are of tremendous help in understanding the question raised here. Till the time the soul enters the womb, it is only undergoing the process of being born. It is 'born' only when it enters the womb and takes a body, is the import of Brahma sutras and Chandhogya upanishad.

Consistent with scriptural pramana, the man begets his own son or the man is born as his son (or daughter–the term here is common gender) whereby it is meant that the soul which until the previous stage was quick in its descent and not affected by the medium through which it traveled, gets ‘sysnthesised’ ( my own words for our understanding) or readied so that the moment it enters the ovum it gets a body depending on the residual karma it has.

In this context I think it is relevant to muse over why Parashara, the famous father of Veda Vyasa should beget his son in a way that is unacceptable. If it is lack of knowledge of morals, then it is said that it can not be so. For he himself had not pardoned the manor woman in ‘illicit’ relationship in his smruthi. If it is lust, once again it can not be so. For, what appeal a fisherman’s daughter with ghastly smell onher body can have on a saint of supreme level? Moreover is it the right way for a person of Vyasa’s stature to be born? The only plausible answer can be that Parashara in his strength of tapas, could have ‘seen’ the entry of the soul of Vyasa in his body and all that he needed was a womb to enable it to get a body.The first one on his sight could have been Satyavathi and the rest is known to all of us. As one having sound knowledge of moral and ethical implications of the act of generation, he granted her the boons to make her a virgin as before.

According to scriptures I have quoted in my mail (Brahma sutra & Chandoghya upanishad), the soul is born the moment it enters the womb. That means the embryo is very much a life form and termination of it or usage of it for the purposes of research or genetic engineering, however noble they may be, amounts to killing or sishu-hasthi dosha.

Though it has been clearly stated by these two pramanas that enjoyment for the fruits of previous action do not happen to the soul during its journey down to the womb, the same has not been said after it is born as an embryo. But we do have one clue to this question of whether the soul undergoes the enjoyment of its previous action in its foetal form from numerous passages in Rig veda and Ramanuja's philosophy (based on them)that the soul undergoes its enjoyment of paapa & punya in the dream state. Since the foetus is very much capable of having dreams, whatever it undergoes in that state must be the result of its karma. (This can be corroborated by numerous researches that have proved that the foetus does have a sense of survival even as early as a few days after formation.) Thus it can be deduced that the embryonic life form which is used for genetic or research purposes is undergoing the results of some kind of its prarabhdha karma.

Ethically, therefore such research is not correct, thereby bringing out new set of karma for the one who does, who funds / encourages and those receive the benefit of such research. This is in tune with how the result of consuming non - vegetarian food is distributed among those who kill, who sell and who eat. This version may sound dogmatic, but this is how the Age of Kali spreads its tentacles.

i think a more important question is: "Why does the Soul enter a body?" if we know that can prevent it and thus attain liberation, i.e., no more births.

Nonsense ... you don't know when, where and in what state is your next birth is, so how are you going to stop something which you have no knowledge of?

Furthermore, even if you stop the soul from entering the womb (SOMEHOW), you cannot prevent the same soul from going to another womb and enter it.

Guest guest

{Where did you get such information? I think you are influenced by Atheists beliefs that the "Soul" is something physical and will perish upon death.}

No, you've got it all wrong! And NO I'm not influenced by atheist beliefs, this is what I heard a Hindu swami say. Ultimately the soul is a manifestation of God as everything in this universe is. The Soul is the spirit behind a living thing, it was never born and never dies, it goes on re-incarnating until it is incarnated as a human who attains spiritual perfection - the soul attains moksha. Before a person is a human being, it began as a sperm that was successful. The chandogya upanishad explains how it got to this stage as shown in a post above. Of course it was a different life form before this, either as human or creature. Do you deny that a sperm has life?

Let's see your own statement :-

The Soul is the spirit behind a living thing, it was never born and never dies

AND

Before a person is a human being, it began as a sperm that was successful.

Both contradicting with each other. IF Soul is NEVER born (and therefore) NEVER dies, then the 2nd statement CANNOT be true where Soul begin as a sperm which is successful.

Furthermore, Science informs us that in EACH ejaculation a person has (you know where, I don't need to go into details), a person releases 200,000 (IDENTICAL) spermazoids from which, ONLY ONE (random one) makes it to the Ovum and fertilized the Egg.

This is like saying :

1. Humans PRODUCE souls in them.

2. Humans ejacuate 200,000 SOULS where only one will fertilize an egg.

3. The other 199,999 SOULS die in a meaningless death.

NONE of this makes sense or according to Hindusm (or Science for that matter). /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It is the soul, not the sperm which is born!! In accordance with the kind of prarabhda karma that it has to undergo, the soul chooses the time, place and the parents and the precise genetic mapping. These details can be read in the Buddhist Lama, Lobsang Rampa's books, though they have not been exactly told so in Hindu scriptures. The way the basic amino acids combine in groups of 3 (the basic symbols for the three gunas?)and the way such sequencing results in major histo compatibility to make each individual distinct from the other perhaps are the methods at physical level the soul employs(?)to make its sojourn on earth as per the requirements.

Hari OM:

As they say in Tamil, "Half pots make more noise".

i see here a Quarter pot making the greatest noise, calling every body as nonsense, silly, stupid, "Wrong", "right" even the most profound Hindu scholars will not make such defintive statements.

"Liberation" means no more next birth, people can make a choice of when and where they will take their next birth by their present Karma, it is not Nonsense, it is based on a solid and Scientific Karma theory , endorsed and proven by so many Scholars (including western ones), time and again.

So reduce your noise level, in future posts, try to respond with phrases like "I think", "I believe" etc.,

"Liberation" means no more next birth, people can make a choice of when and where they will take their next birth by their present Karma, it is not Nonsense, it is based on a solid and Scientific Karma theory , endorsed and proven by so many Scholars (including western ones), time and again.

I have never heard of such theory before, where Man CAN predict Lord Shiva's and Lord Brahma's actions and duties (in creating and annihilation).

Can you show me a link or such of this "scientific karma theory" which endorsed and proven by scholars?

Hari OM:

i don't understand why you love rubbish arguments so much.

i said people can make a choice of "their" next birth by "their" actions, even the most absurd logic can't be made to link the staement with "Man CAN predict Lord Shiva's and Lord Brahma's actions and duties (in creating and annihilation)"

in spite of your rubbish attitude, for the benefit of others, the proof of "scientific karma theory" is in vedas, called "Karma Kanda", in Gita in the verse, " Verily whatever man thinks of during their time of death, the same he achieves", in Puranas, the Bhagavatam, where a Rishi, by name Jada Bharda, takes birth as a deer, since he was so much attached to a deer during his death.

You are the "chosen" puppet.

in Gita in the verse, " Verily whatever man thinks of during their time of death, the same he achieves"

I know this verse since I have translated the Gita before. I wasn't asking for this verse, I was asking for the proof for your statement :

it is based on a solid and Scientific Karma theory , endorsed and proven by so many Scholars (including western ones), time and again.

You claim that this so-called "Scientific Karma Theory" exists, endorsed AND proven by scholars (including in the west) YET all you can give is a verse from the Gita.

Speak ONLY if you have creditability in your speech, otherwise, you will waste other people's time. Have a nice day. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hari OM:

i had quoted the Gita Verse as a proof, if you are not willing to accept Gita Verse as a proof, it is not my problem. So what proof are you expecting, From "The Protocol of the Elders of Zion (The kabbalah?)"

i can't quote the full "karama kanda" here just study yourself.

i quoted one Purana incident, another one is Mahabharat, where a princess Amba, does severe penance for hundreds of years for taking a particular birth ( a clear proof even for "rubbish" arguments- do penance and make choice of your birth)

if you are interested in western scholars, read Stephen knapp, Gothier, and as well as english translations of Vedas by Sri Aurbindo.

if you close your eyes when i show the proof, i can't do anything.

You are the "chosen" puppet

if you are not willing to accept Gita Verse as a proof, it is not my problem.

i can't quote the full "karama kanda" here just study yourself.

i quoted one Purana incident ...

if you are interested in western scholars ...

All this shows that you have no proof whatsoever about your claim of the so-called "Scientific Karma Theory" which endorsed and proven by Western Scholars. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Have a nice day ... I don't have time to speak to people who have no credibility in their speech.

Hari OM:

Running out of steam , for the rubbish arguments?

remember i told you not interested in arguing with "chosen" people ( i wonder how the hell does God "choses" people)

it was you who kept on harping for all my posts

Now since you have no valid (or even rubbish) arguments left, reverting like a true A-brahmam, with excuses - no time, no credibility, etc., etc.,

so keep your words don't trouble me in my future posts

Guest guest

Can any one Please explain why taking a female birth by Bhagavan Sri Krsna is a low birth. In what ways are women less intelligent than men? To what services are women most suited? Also please explain why some women are inclined to marriage while others are not. Is this a matter of karma?

You wish to debate because of your ego. Same reason on why you kept insulting me and calling my statement rubbish and such.

No one put a gun to your head and force you to debate with me, you have (like me) choice to leave a debate whenever you like it. And since you are a person with no credibility in your speech, I will leave this debate for it is useless to do so with someone who cannot proof his own statement.

Have a nice day.

Hari OM:

dear sister, i am not aware of any female birth by Bhagavan Sri Krishan.

also i am not an expert, so i will try to give my best known answers.

It is true that women are considered less intelligent than men in most of the sastras (sorry if it hurts you, i really don't want to hurt you , please read few more lines calmly)

Even in Gita there is a statement, "even vaisyas, sudras and women can benefit from this teaching, then how much more for brahmins and kshatriyas"

i know this looks very derogative and as an insult in modern times.

But as per the sastras, being less intelligent is not a less human being, it is just a different human being.

The four important traits, knowledge, valour, hard-work and phsycial strength was divided equally among the four castes, again no caste (and no trait) was considered supreme, it was just different, but in modern times , intelligence (even though considered as synonmous with knowledge, it is not) is considered as a supreme trait and hence when we say a group lacks intelligence, it is considered a insult.

Now about women, women were less intelligent but emotionally more strong than men (which is being called EQ-emotional quota now) , so they generally does not fare well in maths and science , but good in communications and socializing.

This is not done as a conspiracy (no body can set the intelligence levels of others), nor is done as a insult to women, god forgive, since women are considered as Mother in Hinduism and Vaishanvism has a special place to universal Mother (Laxmi). But rather traits are given which are more suitable to their type of work .

A child has to be dealt with emotionally and not intelligently, a family or a group needs love more for effective functioning.

However most modern "scholars" dont agree with this view, they think that education and employment of women is "the" best option and all sasthras are made just to keep women enslaved.

We can see in society, a few women, did indeed had benefited, they have economic freedom, no more dependent on cruel and stupid husbands, etc., however there is also an other side (not much highlighted) where women struggle both in office and home, their heart is with their child, they want to attend all their family functions, they also have considerable financial freedom, but due to social pressure (fear of being called house-wife), they continue to work, with no interest what-so-ever in work, they suffer at work place, their children suffer at the home.

So for all issues, there is a "Practical" solution and an "idealistic" solution (where the nature of people and their duty is not considered, but an imaginary universal equal standards are applied). Most of the Shastras speak of "Practical" solution, while most of the modern solutions are idealistic (even though they appear good at first look, creates suffering for many when followed)

Regarding marriage , i think it is Karma mostly and some times their own study or social conditions , both for men and women, few men had also remained batchelors ignoring marriage. Generally marriage is the rule, to keep a smooth society , where there are functioning families and crimes are less, however if a women (or men) turns to liberation and this rule can be broken (Andal, Meera, Avaiyar, ... Bhisma, Sukha...), breaking this rule for any other lofty purpose (career, family, economy, ...) may not be very good in the long run.