> jo and peters issues with kitties i think is being taken out of context

They certainly are. The points I have been trying to make should be

acceptable to all vegans if they care about the environment and other

creatures. There is a lot of emotion flying about, and a little lack of

understanding.

Jo

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02

Guest guest

Hi Janey

I think you've just started another discussion.

I don't think we came from apes. There is still a missing link somewhere

isn't there?

What do other people think?

Jo

---

Guest guest

Now theres a thought

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx] 12 July 2002 22:57 Subject: RE: Digest Number 395and end up in some chili er something no doubt!all kinds of critters go in angie wrights fritters!!!!"Angie Wright" <angiewright wrote:>I'd keep you safe from the dangerous world and its diseases !!!!> >Angie>>>EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx] >12 July 2002 00:24> >RE: Digest Number 395>>>oh dear bacchus>while traveling in england, must remember to never check into the wright>hotel....>>>"Angie Wright" <angiewright wrote:>>>Yes I quite agree that cats should be kept indoors . I would extend>that>>to all animals . >>I try to keep my son in as well ,. he can't come to harm in the house>>and he has 3/4 rooms to move around in . He can't mix with other kids>>but they carry diseases anyway . Some might say I'm keeping him a>>prisoner but I know best because .... I just do . I know what is best>>for him and my animals and I won't have anyone saying differently . You>>can all come and live with me too , and I'll keep you in safe from the>>world, and never let you out .....so you'll be safe>> ...Mother knows best >>>>Psycho>>>>>>Trusty, Hannah [hannah.trusty] >>10 July 2002 18:02>>Peter ; >>RE: Digest Number 395>>>>>>H>>>>--->>>>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (HYPERLINK>"http://www.grisoft.com)."http://www.grisoft.com).>>Version: 6.0.370 / Virus Database: 205 - Release 05/06/2002>> >>>>>>>>To send an email to - >>>>

Guest guest

Janey

>> I've never heard of all these worries about cats. Most people go about

> their daily lives without the knowledge of whether their neighbours have

> cats or not.

Maybe that's because you are a cat owner - maybe people wouldn't want to

hurt your feelings. Any gardening magazine has letters asking for ways to

keep cats off gardens, so it must be a problem to more people than me. My

neighbour (the one without cats) was thinking of complaining to our local

council about the problem.

>In the context of things, cats are a minor worry to those who

> have nothing better to worry about! Its human nature to see bad things in

> life, but sometimes you have to learn not to let little things worry you.

Well yes, compared to death, anything is a minor problem - only cats cause

death to birds..., and that does worry me. Doesn't it worry you?

Jo

---

Guest guest

Muffy

I've found that. Most of the time people ask me what I eat, and if I enthuse about my favourite meals, they usually ask me for the recipes. Also sometimes they ask me for recipes if they have been diagnosed with high blood pressure or other problems that might be helped by leaving out animal food.

Jo

-

James & Muffy Caldwell

Friday, July 12, 2002 11:33 PM

Re: Digest Number 395

I just can't make myself consider every non-vegan a Nazi because they have different values than me. The average person is brought up to think of meat as a necessary and normal food. I'd feel like a Nazi myself if I tried to police what everyone around me was eating. We're not going to change anyone that way. I try to lead by example, and most of the time people are accepting and interested rather than defensive.

- Muffy

-

kiwi2000

Wednesday, July 10, 2002 5:16 PM

Would you love a Nazi hoping that one day he'll

stop exterminating Jews?

Brad

-

Heartwork

Wednesday, July 10, 2002 4:41 PM

HannahI think what you say is very true. It is possible to find a lot to like orlove in someone who does not do all the things you do, and there is alwaysthe chance that they may change their habits anyway.Jo> I just have to say.....I married a meat-eater and things are great betweenus (granted I don't cook meat and he seems to like my vegan meals and heseems to be thinking about becoming a vegetarian-ovo,lacto). Still if henever changes, I love him just the same. I understand the want to shareyour life with another vegan, but from my experience I would have lost outon a lot if I had refused to see a meat eater. But then again, he's Baptistand I'm Wiccan so I guess we just like being different.>> Oh, and all the kitty talk makes me so sad. For everyone who has sickkitties, good luck to both of you. I am currently living w/o my kittiescause I had to move into a place that wouldn't allow them. I miss them somuch, but my mom and dad are taking care of them. I am doing everything Ican to move just to have them with me again.>> Hannah>> > EBbrewpunx > 7/9/02 11:15 AM> Re: Digest Number 395>> ok> this is gonna sound hella crappy> but..ummm> there are tons of vegans out there kids!!! or folks who are willing to> try new things, er wotever...> i know you have yer mate out there, just a-waitin' fer ya!> maybe i'm just lucky in that the last several relationships either> started with a vegan er they quickly went vegan> sadly, they probably aren't anymore..just to spite me, and they probably> stab kitties in the toes as well..just to be evil!!>> so..pam is gonna be a lawyer, is vegan likes dogs and cats, and rides a> bike.....> *bats eyelashes*>> if only i had an open realtionship again....or was single...> hahahahhahaahahah> tell me you like beer and i'm yers> ahahahahah> cheers> fraggle>>> "Pgh Pam" <pghpam wrote:>> >>>You are very lucky Jo and I envy you both. I wish I could find a> >compatible male friend/lover. but I'd want them to be vegan as well .> There> >aren't many about !!!!!<<> >> >I kind of like Fraggle's comment about the pheremones - we need a> radar. I> >think I'm about to give up myself - Try being 40, very set in your> ways,> >living in a house with 3 VERY large psychotic dogs, 3 old domineering> >kitties, going to law school (so person must have something of a mind -> >can't get by on body alone - LOL), but being a die-hard Harley biker> (so> >person must also be somewhat of a hellion and tattoos and long hair are> >acceptable just have to be able to change out of that black harley> t-shirt> >every now and then for "appearances" at lawyer functions - LOL), being> >strict vegan, and being extremely involved in animal rights work all> other> >non-working hours. Not many men out there fall into that category -> >especially in Pittsburgh, PA - gads I gotta move!! Thought I found one> last> >winter but I was so thrilled to find a male "version of me" that I> scared> >him off!!! LOL!!! Still don't quite know how I did it because anyone> that> >dates me gets to squeeze in about a total of 4 unused hours a week -> you> >would think that should solve the fear of committment - hahahaha!!!> >> >> >> >> >To send an email to - > >> >

Guest guest

Fraggle

Have a camomile tea for your headache. I hope it goes soon.

Jo

---

Guest guest

wow

she is evil

and i just thought the english were eccentric

well, you did produce jack the ripper and blood pudding...go figure..

fraggle

" Angie Wright " <angiewright wrote:

>Now theres a thought

>

>

>

>EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]

>12 July 2002 22:57

>

>RE: Digest Number 395

>

>

>and end up in some chili er something no doubt!

>all kinds of critters go in angie wrights fritters!!!!

>

>

>

>

> " Angie Wright " <angiewright wrote:

>

>>I'd keep you safe from the dangerous world and its diseases !!!!

>>

>>Angie

>>

>>

>>EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]

>>12 July 2002 00:24

>>

>>RE: Digest Number 395

>>

>>

>>oh dear bacchus

>>while traveling in england, must remember to never check into the

>wright

>>hotel....

>>

>>

>> " Angie Wright " <angiewright wrote:

>>

>>>Yes I quite agree that cats should be kept indoors . I would extend

>>that

>>>to all animals  .

>>>I try to keep my son in as well  ,. he can't come to harm in the house

>>>and he has 3/4 rooms to move around in . He can't mix with other kids

>>>but they carry diseases anyway . Some might say I'm keeping him a

>>>prisoner but I know best because .... I just do . I know what is best

>>>for him and my animals and I won't have anyone saying differently .

>You

>>>can all come and live with me too , and I'll keep you in safe from the

>>>world, and never let you out .....so you'll be safe

>>> ...Mother knows best

>>>

>>>Psycho

>>>

>>>

>>>Trusty, Hannah [hannah.trusty]

>>>10 July 2002 18:02

>>>Peter ;

>>>RE: Digest Number 395

>>>

>>>

>>>H

>>>

>>>---

>>>

>>>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (HYPERLINK

>> " HYPERLINK " http://www.grisoft.com). " http://www.grisoft.com). " HYPERLINK

> " http://www.grisoft.com). " http://www.grisoft.com).

>>>Version: 6.0.370 / Virus Database: 205 - Release 05/06/2002

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>To send an email to -

>

>>>

>>>

Guest guest

humans came from apes, not gorillas, but apes is a general category..

we are primates...

and they just found a new skull in africa that pushes our ancestry back a bit as

well

live and learn..you'll never know everything, but you should never stop learnin

fraggle

" Heartwork " <Heartwork wrote:

>Hi Janey

>

>I think you've just started another discussion.

>

>I don't think we came from apes.  There is still a missing link somewhere

>isn't there?

>

>What do other people think?

>

>Jo

>

>

>---

>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

>Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

>

Guest guest

Is there a full moon tonight? What's more important answering your mail or earning a living? Did you do something to kick me out of

vegan-networks? If so please fix it! Right now!

-

EBbrewpunx

Friday, July 12, 2002 11:15 AM

my gawdwell..i have to say, my vegan groups have exploded all of a suddennot like i have to work guys..sheeshhahahahahahai have to admit..this is much more interesting then actually tellin folks to pack boxes and move books...fraggle"Peter" <Snowbow wrote:>MessageAngie>>> Make sure peter you tell us all what is responsible cat ownership is because obviously we are all in the wrong . and we haven't>> been listening to you.>>Responsible cat ownership is making sure that your cats are not a nuisance to others. By the fact that you state you take no responsibility for what your cats do seems a pretty clear indication that you have very little concern for the trouble they cause to others.>>> I shall go and punish myself very severely because you are obviously right and the rest of us wrong ......Its not just that you are a>> cat hater is it ???>>Not at all. What I hate is people who refuse to take responsibility for the probelms they cause. The cats are ignorant of the problems they cause - it would appear that many cat owners are simply ignorant.>>BB>Peter>>>--->Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).>Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02>To send an email to -

Guest guest

We and apes have a common ancestor. Not totally alike either present day

types

Heartwork [Heartwork]

13 July 2002 01:10

Hi Janey

I think you've just started another discussion.

I don't think we came from apes. There is still a missing link

somewhere isn't there?

What do other people think?

Jo

---

To send an email to -

Guest guest

If one feels that killing to eat is wrong and they feel strongly about it how can they be close to someone who doesn't care at all about the beings who die to fill his/her gut?

-

James & Muffy Caldwell

Friday, July 12, 2002 6:33 PM

I just can't make myself consider every non-vegan a Nazi because they have different values than me. The average person is brought up to think of meat as a necessary and normal food. I'd feel like a Nazi myself if I tried to police what everyone around me was eating. We're not going to change anyone that way. I try to lead by example, and most of the time people are accepting and interested rather than defensive.

- Muffy

-

kiwi2000

stop exterminating Jews?

Brad

-

Heartwork

HannahI think what you say is very true. It is possible to find a lot to like orlove in someone who does not do all the things you do, and there is alwaysthe chance that they may change their habits anyway.Jo> I just have to say.....I married a meat-eater and things are great betweenus (granted I don't cook meat and he seems to like my vegan meals and heseems to be thinking about becoming a vegetarian-ovo,lacto). Still if henever changes, I love him just the same. I understand the want to shareyour life with another vegan, but from my experience I would have lost outon a lot if I had refused to see a meat eater. But then again, he's Baptistand I'm Wiccan so I guess we just like being different.>> Oh, and all the kitty talk makes me so sad. For everyone who has sickkitties, good luck to both of you. I am currently living w/o my kittiescause I had to move into a place that wouldn't allow them. I miss them somuch, but my mom and dad are taking care of them. I am doing everything Ican to move just to have them with me again.>> Hannah>> > EBbrewpunx > 7/9/02 11:15 AM> Re: Digest Number 395>> ok> this is gonna sound hella crappy> but..ummm> there are tons of vegans out there kids!!! or folks who are willing to> try new things, er wotever...> i know you have yer mate out there, just a-waitin' fer ya!> maybe i'm just lucky in that the last several relationships either> started with a vegan er they quickly went vegan> sadly, they probably aren't anymore..just to spite me, and they probably> stab kitties in the toes as well..just to be evil!!>> so..pam is gonna be a lawyer, is vegan likes dogs and cats, and rides a> bike.....> *bats eyelashes*>> if only i had an open realtionship again....or was single...> hahahahhahaahahah> tell me you like beer and i'm yers> ahahahahah> cheers> fraggle>>> "Pgh Pam" <pghpam wrote:>> >>>You are very lucky Jo and I envy you both. I wish I could find a> >compatible male friend/lover. but I'd want them to be vegan as well .> There> >aren't many about !!!!!<<> >> >I kind of like Fraggle's comment about the pheremones - we need a> radar. I> >think I'm about to give up myself - Try being 40, very set in your> ways,> >living in a house with 3 VERY large psychotic dogs, 3 old domineering> >kitties, going to law school (so person must have something of a mind -> >can't get by on body alone - LOL), but being a die-hard Harley biker> (so> >person must also be somewhat of a hellion and tattoos and long hair are> >acceptable just have to be able to change out of that black harley> t-shirt> >every now and then for "appearances" at lawyer functions - LOL), being> >strict vegan, and being extremely involved in animal rights work all> other> >non-working hours. Not many men out there fall into that category -> >especially in Pittsburgh, PA - gads I gotta move!! Thought I found one> last> >winter but I was so thrilled to find a male "version of me" that I> scared> >him off!!! LOL!!! Still don't quite know how I did it because anyone> that> >dates me gets to squeeze in about a total of 4 unused hours a week -> you> >would think that should solve the fear of committment - hahahaha!!!> >> >> >> >> >To send an email to - > >> >

Guest guest

I have already said that my cats stay pretty much in my garden. I am always

seeing them poo in my garden and they just don't bother with birds and mice.

One of my cats just sleeps in a bush all day. I always know where to find

him! My neighbours love my three cats and its so refreshing.

Jo said:-

Has it not occurred to you that you are putting yourself above other people

by not

> caring about messing up their gardens, and putting yourself above small

> mammals and birds, by owning animals that take away their lives - a very

> basic right. You are actually doing what you are accusing me of. You are

> taking on the roll of a god by saying that a cat's right to roam is more

> important than a birds life (well, actually several birds lives). When we

> accept equality and freedom we also accept responsibility.

>

> I don't look down on animals, but I don't idolise them either. Imagine

that

> you liked birds, and see it from that point of view.

Yep, I love birds. Always have! I love all animals and living things.

>

> > And remember, please don't end up being a nuisance to cats. They are

very

> > particular animals. LOL!

>

> In which way?

It was a joke! :-)

Janey

x

Guest guest

And birds kill birds. Humans have no right to intefere in the animal

kingdom. Its their instinct.

Janey

x

>

> I don't dislike any animal - I do however like birds very much. I think

> they are lovely, fluffy, sweet little animals that do no harm, and at

> present are having a job to survive because there are too many cats

around.

> To these birds - cats are a nuisance, and I see no reason why I should not

> speak the truth. If you cannot see the reasoning behind this then there

is

> no hope for the future of birdkind, but then I suppose if you don't like

> birds, it doesn't matter to you.

>

> Jo

Guest guest

You don't own cats so you don't see it from a cat owner's point of view,

like mine and Angie's.

Angie and I rescue animals. That's good, huh?

*A little lack of understanding* is very patronising and not what this

debate has been about. Surely?

I just don't want cats to have a bad press. I feel I need to defend them

before someone reads this and has them all culled!

Janey

x

> They certainly are. The points I have been trying to make should be

> acceptable to all vegans if they care about the environment and other

> creatures. There is a lot of emotion flying about, and a little lack of

> understanding.

>

> Jo

Guest guest

Yes, that's a good discussion Jo. I agree!!! :-)

Janey

x

>

> I think you've just started another discussion.

>

> I don't think we came from apes. There is still a missing link somewhere

> isn't there?

>

> What do other people think?

>

> Jo

>

>

> ---

> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

> Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

Guest guest

I do like birds, I also accept the food chain in nature is what it is, there

are carnivores and herbivores.

Although many of us would ideally like a vegan world when no animal eats one

another, we understand that we cannot control everything!

Lesley

Heartwork [Heartwork]

13 July 2002 00:44

Lesley

I don't dislike any animal - I do however like birds very much. I think

they are lovely, fluffy, sweet little animals that do no harm, and at

present are having a job to survive because there are too many cats around.

To these birds - cats are a nuisance, and I see no reason why I should not

speak the truth. If you cannot see the reasoning behind this then there is

no hope for the future of birdkind, but then I suppose if you don't like

birds, it doesn't matter to you.

Jo

> Even though I don't agree with you about where to allow cats to go, and

> would personally probably keep a cat indoors if I had one, except to let

it

> out in an enclosed garden if possible when I was there, I was also shocked

> at Jo's nuisance animals comment, coming from a vegan that is very odd!

> I would think outdoor cats are more in danger from cars than they are a

> nuisance to people!

>

> Lesley

>

>

>

> Janey [janey]

> 12 July 2002 21:18

>

> Re: Digest Number 395

>

>

> Jo,

>

> Nuisance animals?????! Look at all the bloody nuisance humans in the

> world!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!

>

> I became a vegan because I don't feel that I have a right to eat someone

> else's body. I don't feel that humans are better than *animals*. We are

> all animals and its wrong to think that humans are *better*.

>

> So, how can you differentiate between humans and cats? What makes you

think

> that you are better than cats so they shouldn't encroach into your life

and

> become a nuisance to *you*. Maybe you are a nuisance to *them*! This

world

> wasn't given to humans.

>

> I don't like all this hierarchy stuff. We were all put on the earth and

we

> are equals. We should love our fellow animals as indeed we are animals

> ourselves.

>

> I give my cats the love and respect they deserve. If they want to go

out -

> I let them out. If they want to sleep on my bed - they can do that. I

> don't deprive them of such luxuries that I enjoy myself.

>

> Please don't look down on animals and think of them as *nuisances*. They

> weren't put on this earth to be cooped up all the time. FREEDOM. What a

> beautiful word!

>

> And remember, please don't end up being a nuisance to cats. They are very

> particular animals. LOL!

>

> Janey

> x

>

> > My point would be that if you keep an animal that is a nuisance then you

> > should either keep it indoors so that it is not a nuisance to others, or

> not

> > keep that animal at all. It is you that made the decision to keep a

> > nuisance animal.

> >

> > Jo

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

Guest guest

Let's forget the Nazi thing. It's too loaded. Let's try this:

If your husband was a serial killer (of humans) and you weren't, would you be so patient with him hoping that one day he wouldn't be a serial killer anymore? To me there's no difference between killing an animal and a human.

Brad

James & Muffy Caldwell

Friday, July 12, 2002 6:33 PM

- Muffy

-

kiwi2000

stop exterminating Jews?

Brad

-

Heartwork

Guest guest

;) I doubt that you could horrify me, but it would certainly be something

worth seeing...

-- jojo

-

<EBbrewpunx

Friday, July 12, 2002 7:58 AM

> so i take it it would be a little bit of both??

> fair enough..reactions are reactions...

>

>

>

> " jojo " <tofujojo wrote:

>

> >LOL! Yes, I probably would ;)

> >

> >-- jojo

> >-

> ><EBbrewpunx

> >

> >Friday, July 12, 2002 7:27 AM

> >Re: Digest Number 395

> >

> >

> >> you'd be surprised

> >> or maybe the word is horrified...

> >> whichever

> >> cheers

> >> fraggle

> >> >

> >> >Well, there's only femme stuff on there now and no offense or

anything,

> >but

> >> >I don't know how good boi fraggles look in pink...

> >> >

> >> >-- jojo (currently website-less...)

> >> >

Guest guest

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa! That wasn't what I meant!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(running off to the bathroom AGAIN, thank you very much, fraggle)

-- jojo

-

<EBbrewpunx

Friday, July 12, 2002 7:31 AM

>

> like i said..vegan S & M group is needed...

>

" jojo " <tofujojo wrote:

>LOL! Stop it or I'm gonna wet my pants already, fraggle!!!

>

>must...go...to...bed....

>

>--jojo

Guest guest

>> i've known several folks who have gotten ringworm from cats....try not to play in cat litter and feces....i know its fun, but...<<

LMAO! omg...I think I just pulled a muscle laughing so hard. Okay, I already asked to stop and you're obviously not listening...

(running off to the bathroom AGAIN!)

-- jojo

-

EBbrewpunx

Friday, July 12, 2002 2:54 PM

RE: Digest Number 395

dependsyou probably won'ti've known several folks who have gotten ringworm from cats....try not to play in cat litter and feces....i know its fun, but...fraggle

Guest guest

Well, I did get ringworm from my cat...or at least from the shelter where I went to get her. You can get diseases from any animal, and a domestic animal that goes outside is no exception. Armadillos carry leprosy. Birds carry histoplasmosis. Humans carry the common cold and all kinds of stuff. Now I'm starting to want to wash my hands...

- Muffy

-

EBbrewpunx

Friday, July 12, 2002 4:54 PM

RE: Digest Number 395

dependsyou probably won'ti've known several folks who have gotten ringworm from cats....try not to play in cat litter and feces....i know its fun, but...fraggle"Angie Wright" <angiewright wrote:>I wonder when I will get them > >Angie>>>EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx] >12 July 2002 00:20> >RE: Digest Number 395>>>>Toxoplasmosis >giardia >cryptosporidium (diarrhea in people), >cat scratch disease (cat scratch fever)>ringworm >>What diseases does one get from cat waste ,? This is a new one on me .>>> >>>--->>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).>Version: 6.0.370 / Virus Database: 205 - Release 05/06/2002> >To send an email to -

Guest guest

Frustration really - trying hard to be understood - failing miserably.

Maybe it's me that should have the camomile tea!

Jo

> not abig teas drinker

> but thanx tho....

> i just need to go home, and stop readin all these e-mails!!

> how the heck did you send all those at once??

> fraggle

> " Heartwork " <Heartwork wrote:

>

> >Fraggle

> >

> >Have a camomile tea for your headache. I hope it goes soon.

> >

> >Jo

> >

> >

> >---

> >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

> >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

> >Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02

> >

> >

> >

> >To send an email to -

> >

> >

Guest guest

Sorry...I'm dense...and I just read 238 messages. I can't figure out if you're making fun of me or agreeing! I'm a warm-hearted person, I can't help it.

- Muffy

-

EBbrewpunx

Friday, July 12, 2002 5:50 PM

ah..muffy has compassion:)and a willing to educatebravo!:)fraggle*has a headache and is lookin forward to going home*"James & Muffy Caldwell" <jmc62701 wrote:> I just can't make myself consider every non-vegan a Nazi because they have different values than me. The average person is brought up to think of meat as a necessary and normal food. I'd feel like a Nazi myself if I tried to police what everyone around me was eating. We're not going to change anyone that way. I try to lead by example, and most of the time people are accepting and interested rather than defensive.>> - Muffy> -> kiwi2000> > Wednesday, July 10, 2002 5:16 PM> Re: Digest Number 395>>> Would you love a Nazi hoping that one day he'll> stop exterminating Jews?> Brad> -> Heartwork> > Wednesday, July 10, 2002 4:41 PM> Re: Digest Number 395>>> Hannah>> I think what you say is very true. It is possible to find a lot to like or> love in someone who does not do all the things you do, and there is always> the chance that they may change their habits anyway.>> Jo>> > I just have to say.....I married a meat-eater and things are great between> us (granted I don't cook meat and he seems to like my vegan meals and he> seems to be thinking about becoming a vegetarian-ovo,lacto). Still if he> never changes, I love him just the same. I understand the want to share> your life with another vegan, but from my experience I would have lost out> on a lot if I had refused to see a meat eater. But then again, he's Baptist> and I'm Wiccan so I guess we just like being different.> >> > Oh, and all the kitty talk makes me so sad. For everyone who has sick> kitties, good luck to both of you. I am currently living w/o my kitties> cause I had to move into a place that wouldn't allow them. I miss them so> much, but my mom and dad are taking care of them. I am doing everything I> can to move just to have them with me again.> >> > Hannah> >> > > > EBbrewpunx > > > 7/9/02 11:15 AM> > Re: Digest Number 395> >> > ok> > this is gonna sound hella crappy> > but..ummm> > there are tons of vegans out there kids!!! or folks who are willing to> > try new things, er wotever...> > i know you have yer mate out there, just a-waitin' fer ya!> > maybe i'm just lucky in that the last several relationships either> > started with a vegan er they quickly went vegan> > sadly, they probably aren't anymore..just to spite me, and they probably> > stab kitties in the toes as well..just to be evil!!> >> > so..pam is gonna be a lawyer, is vegan likes dogs and cats, and rides a> > bike.....> > *bats eyelashes*> >> > if only i had an open realtionship again....or was single...> > hahahahhahaahahah> > tell me you like beer and i'm yers> > ahahahahah> > cheers> > fraggle> >> >> > "Pgh Pam" <pghpam wrote:> >> > >>>You are very lucky Jo and I envy you both. I wish I could find a> > >compatible male friend/lover. but I'd want them to be vegan as well .> > There> > >aren't many about !!!!!<<> > >> > >I kind of like Fraggle's comment about the pheremones - we need a> > radar. I> > >think I'm about to give up myself - Try being 40, very set in your> > ways,> > >living in a house with 3 VERY large psychotic dogs, 3 old domineering> > >kitties, going to law school (so person must have something of a mind -> > >can't get by on body alone - LOL), but being a die-hard Harley biker> > (so> > >person must also be somewhat of a hellion and tattoos and long hair are> > >acceptable just have to be able to change out of that black harley> > t-shirt> > >every now and then for "appearances" at lawyer functions - LOL), being> > >strict vegan, and being extremely involved in animal rights work all> > other> > >non-working hours. Not many men out there fall into that category -> > >especially in Pittsburgh, PA - gads I gotta move!! Thought I found one> > last> > >winter but I was so thrilled to find a male "version of me" that I> > scared> > >him off!!! LOL!!! Still don't quite know how I did it because anyone> > that> > >dates me gets to squeeze in about a total of 4 unused hours a week -> > you> > >would think that should solve the fear of committment - hahahaha!!!> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >To send an email to - > > >> > >

Guest guest

Yeah, that too. I make a point of telling people that I was sick with 'nervous stomach' from the time I was a child, and that it was cured when I became vegan. If I can convert just a few people, for whatever reason, it's worth it.

- Muffy

-

Heartwork

Friday, July 12, 2002 7:14 PM

Muffy

I've found that. Most of the time people ask me what I eat, and if I enthuse about my favourite meals, they usually ask me for the recipes. Also sometimes they ask me for recipes if they have been diagnosed with high blood pressure or other problems that might be helped by leaving out animal food.

Jo

-

James & Muffy Caldwell

Friday, July 12, 2002 11:33 PM

- Muffy

-

kiwi2000

stop exterminating Jews?

Brad

-

Heartwork

Guest guest

Some birdsa eat slugs etc which may contain high levels of weed killer

/pesticides etc These chemicals are responsible for the demise of some

birds

angie

Janey [janey]

13 July 2002 08:17

And birds kill birds. Humans have no right to intefere in the animal

kingdom. Its their instinct.

Janey

x