IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Peter

This would appeal to the Homer Simpson type of man.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:41 PM

Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Was this jerk being serious, I mean an avocado a day?!?!?!?!? was she just trying to start a debate, surely the kids have a right to reply to the editor in the magazine with the truth? a list of athletes / prominent people would help dispell this ignoramous ideas.

Incidentally, I dont know if anyone has seen the latest Burgler King ad on telly, but apparently being able to eat one of their biggest dead cow things equates with manlyness?..well what a wimp I am.

The Valley Vegan............Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote:

Recently, the editor of our high school newspaper wrote an anti-vegetarian editorial. I have to tell you, it's not the first time I have wondered about the future of our country or the competence of the journalism instructor when I have read the school paper. One of the thing she said is that we are fooling ourselves if we think we are important enough to convince the meat industry to be more humane by not eating meat. Ever since then, my 7th grader has been hearing this at middle school. She tells them that she saves 95 lives a year by not eating meat.

So then they go on to the next argument, that the editor also gave, that vegetarianism isn't healthy, and that books on vegetarianism advise that if you want to remain healthy on a vegetarian diet you have to eat an avocado a day! I have read a ton of books on vegetarianism but have yet to come across this particular piece of advice. One of our assistant principals has been a vegetarian for years, and is also a triathalete. But facts aren't important to the kids.

However, there are a fair number of committed vegetarians among the kids at the middle school.

Sharon

flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:07:51 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

hi sharon, I think that there is tremendous pressure as a teen to fit in. my oldest soon is eight years old. He gets teased at shchool, not only for veganism, but for lots of other things. his hair, his clothes, his accent. It seems that they are just looking for something to pick at. I don't blame teens for wanting to "just fit in" at whatever cost. Teasing because you are different, hurts. @gro ups.com, Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ ...>wrote:>> Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless andhard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son,who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched"Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had ameat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come alongeventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there butI had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses offone day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian forover a year resists going vegan. > > Why? You tell me. I don't get it.> > Sharon>

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Ah now I get it, sorry for being slow............I agree with that. The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: That you could love your pets as much as you love your children. Jo - peter VV Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:35 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Thought what? The Valley Vegan..........heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: I thought that too - before I had children.Jo , "flower child"

<zurumato wrote:>> I think fraggle is a parent. > no he won't go to pta meetings or soccer practice but his children> are jsut as meaningful and the love he feels is just as strong > as if they where his own children. > > You are right, it helps tremendously if both parents have the same> goal for their children. It is easier because my husband is vegan.> my three year old was born vegan, knows nothing else.> > I think what you are doing with your children is a good compromise. > > > > , peter VV <swpgh01@> wrote:> >> > not a parent are you Fraggle? ( fur babies aside ), you are assuming> that both parents are vegan to start. In my case my wife is a (zombie)> flesheater, and so we brought our kids up as vegetarian

rather than> vegan as a compromise. I think compromise is good.> > If drano was a foodstuff then I suppose ?.............my brain> hurts.......> > > > The Valley Vegan..................> Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Guest guest

and i said i quit...

i made my point...i discussed it

you have yer view..i have mine...

i disagree..thats all

fraggle

jo Nov 16, 2006 4:07 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

You still don't understand Fraggle. The people were raised in a non-vegan family. The change that one member of the family has made has been recent. It is not the same as starting out vegan.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:36 PM

if you were in the KKK, and then reality slapped you upside the head and you went "dear bacchus, what was i thinking?!!", would you still bring home yer kids racist material to digest?

take em to WAR rallies?

wash their white sheets and hoods?

peter VV Nov 15, 2006 1:12 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Wot Jo was on about was suddenly changing their diet from meat eaters to vegan..........hence the term dictatorship........get with the programme Fragboy!

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

are saying you don't dictate wot yer kids eat?

you buy it, no?

how many children only want to eat cake and candy?

is it ok to give into that then?

why not?

peter VV Nov 15, 2006 12:41 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

every one a gem, roll up roll up, opinions valid one and all.

radically changing their diet and dictating what they eat is not a dictatorship?

The Valley Vegan.............. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

History repeats itself

Guest guest

yep once a week we all trundle off to the evil supermarket empire and each put what we want in the trolley. My wife contributes to the bank account that pays for it, and the kids are too young, so not the same as 15 -18 year olds is it? The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: No it's not - you've got veggie children and anomniverous wife. That is not a criticism. but surely you do some shopping for the family sometimes - don't

you? Jo - peter VV Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:15 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Knowing kids, if they had to buy their own, they would use whatever you had to offer!, then maybe they would get used to it and start to like it. Maybe the way to go?Thats what I would do. The Valley Vegan................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote: They just want it in their cereal, really, and with their cookies (vegan). My question was whether it made more sense to make a statement by making them buy their own, or was better to go to a faraway store and buy from a dairy that *claims* to be more compassionate. Bottom line is, I guess, that my children know my stand, and me not buying it is not going to change their habits, so for their health the organic choice is probably better, and perhaps the cows who are giving the milk get

to set foot on the earth and breathe fresh air sometime in their lives. Not to say it's a good choice, but it is a lesser evil on behalf of both the children and the animals, both of whom I try to love as best I can. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:33:56 PMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday If the ~grown up~ children wanted cake every meal I would provide a certain amount each week and they could eat it until they got through it. This would be because money goes only so far. Did Sharon's ~grown up~ children want milk for every meal? Jo - fraggle @gro ups.com Wednesday, November 15,

2006 8:13 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday something wrong with being the proud parent of fur babies? :) ok...how about it the kids wanted cake ..everyday.. .every meal... is that ok? peter VV Nov 15, 2006 12:04 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday not a parent are you Fraggle? ( fur babies aside ), you are assuming that both parents are vegan to start. In my case my wife is a (zombie) flesheater, and so we brought our kids up as vegetarian rather than vegan as a compromise. I think compromise is good. If

drano was a foodstuff then I suppose ?........... ..my brain hurts....... The Valley Vegan....... ......... ..fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com> wrote: i think we wnet over this before and, here's where i prolly get everyone pissed at me ok.. so, when you have children, you are suppose to care for them, correct? would you let a three yr old wander around in the street? i would guess not.. as a parent(and in society), children are given boundaries, no? some are more restrictive then others so there's all ways of looking at it but..if you just toss yer kid a KFC bucket once a week, and say "go at it", if you let yer toddler wander the streets, if you don't care if yer kid goes to skool,

then you are labeled a bad parent yes? then, if you've made a choice to be vegan, why woudl it be ok to buy milk fer yer kids or dead flesh, or whichever? don't you have a duty to raise the wee ones not only to be healthy, but to make good choices in life? if they want to go buy cow pus at age 16, well, nuthin you can do about it besides give them information and try and help them along but..if yer 6 yr old wants cow milk, tough... what if they wanted to drink drano? peter VV Nov 15, 2006 6:39 AM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday I think it depends on their age, if they arent old enough to get jobs yet to be self sufficient, then support them. When they are old enough to work and

if they still live with parents, it will be up to them to buy whatever they like.Hopefully, they will look after themselves and support their own lifestyle choices without asking parents to support them by sponsoring their lactiverous activities. I think it would be selfish and uncaring on their part to be any other way? The Valley Vegan....... ......Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com> wrote: Hi Peter >I wouldnt condone forcing your lifestyle choices on your children by stopping them having dairy But you would condone them forcing their lifestyle choices on their parents by making them buy milk? As you said, they're old enough

to make their own decisions... BB Peter Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

I answer the emails in the order they come into my inbox - therefore I

answered the several you sent before your final one. Don't forget

there is a timelapse between when you send your emails and when I get

them.

Jo

Fraggle wrote: and i said i quit...

i made my point...i discussed it

you have yer view..i have mine...

i disagree..thats all

fraggle

Guest guest

Yes she was being quite serious. She mentioned a book, "Vegetarianism for Dummies" ... part of the series, I guess, although she used it to insinuate that vegetarianism is for dummies. Maybe that's where she read it. I don't know, cause I'm not a dummy! ;-) A couple of people wrote in to disagree with her, but the kids had already read.

You know what I think is a shame, and that is that with so many really delicious vegie burgers available, Burger King chooses to offer one that is dry and tasteless. You know what else is a shame, a boy at my school who has a severe allergy to dairy passed out in the courtyard as a result of eating a vegie burger in our cafeteria. Since turning vegan, I have been amazed at how very many of the vegetarian convenience foods contain milk and eggs.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Was this jerk being serious, I mean an avocado a day?!?!?!?!? was she just trying to start a debate, surely the kids have a right to reply to the editor in the magazine with the truth? a list of athletes / prominent people would help dispell this ignoramous ideas.

Incidentally, I dont know if anyone has seen the latest Burgler King ad on telly, but apparently being able to eat one of their biggest dead cow things equates with manlyness?.. well what a wimp I am.

The Valley Vegan....... .....Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote:

Recently, the editor of our high school newspaper wrote an anti-vegetarian editorial. I have to tell you, it's not the first time I have wondered about the future of our country or the competence of the journalism instructor when I have read the school paper. One of the thing she said is that we are fooling ourselves if we think we are important enough to convince the meat industry to be more humane by not eating meat. Ever since then, my 7th grader has been hearing this at middle school. She tells them that she saves 95 lives a year by not eating meat.

So then they go on to the next argument, that the editor also gave, that vegetarianism isn't healthy, and that books on vegetarianism advise that if you want to remain healthy on a vegetarian diet you have to eat an avocado a day! I have read a ton of books on vegetarianism but have yet to come across this particular piece of advice. One of our assistant principals has been a vegetarian for years, and is also a triathalete. But facts aren't important to the kids.

However, there are a fair number of committed vegetarians among the kids at the middle school.

Sharon

flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 7:07:51 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

hi sharon, I think that there is tremendous pressure as a teen to fit in. my oldest soon is eight years old. He gets teased at shchool, not only for veganism, but for lots of other things. his hair, his clothes, his accent. It seems that they are just looking for something to pick at. I don't blame teens for wanting to "just fit in" at whatever cost. Teasing because you are different, hurts. @gro ups.com, Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ ...>wrote:>> Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless andhard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son,who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched"Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had ameat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come alongeventually.

With me, it's kind of like the light was always there butI had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses offone day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian forover a year resists going vegan. > > Why? You tell me. I don't get it.> > Sharon>

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

Guest guest

Woah there little lady, dont eat anything from bugger king, those vegie burgers prolly contain a milk or even egg derivative, and are prolly fried with all the lovely decaying flesh ones.................. The Valley Vegan...................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: Yes she was being quite

serious. She mentioned a book, "Vegetarianism for Dummies" ... part of the series, I guess, although she used it to insinuate that vegetarianism is for dummies. Maybe that's where she read it. I don't know, cause I'm not a dummy! ;-) A couple of people wrote in to disagree with her, but the kids had already read. You know what I think is a shame, and that is that with so many really delicious vegie burgers available, Burger King chooses to offer one that is dry and tasteless. You know what else is a shame, a boy at my school who has a severe allergy to dairy passed out in the courtyard as a result of eating a vegie burger in our cafeteria. Since turning vegan, I have been amazed at how very many of the vegetarian convenience foods contain milk and

eggs. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Was this jerk being serious, I mean an avocado a day?!?!?!?!? was she just trying to start a debate, surely the kids have a right to reply to the editor in the magazine with the truth? a list of athletes / prominent people would help dispell this ignoramous ideas. Incidentally, I dont know if anyone has seen the latest Burgler King

ad on telly, but apparently being able to eat one of their biggest dead cow things equates with manlyness?.. well what a wimp I am. The Valley Vegan....... .....Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Recently, the editor of our high school newspaper wrote an anti-vegetarian editorial. I have to tell you, it's not the first time I have wondered about the future of our country or the competence of the journalism instructor when I have read the school paper. One of the thing she said is that we are fooling ourselves if we think we are important enough to convince the meat industry to be more humane by not eating meat.

Ever since then, my 7th grader has been hearing this at middle school. She tells them that she saves 95 lives a year by not eating meat. So then they go on to the next argument, that the editor also gave, that vegetarianism isn't healthy, and that books on vegetarianism advise that if you want to remain healthy on a vegetarian diet you have to eat an avocado a day! I have read a ton of books on vegetarianism but have yet to come across this particular piece of advice. One of our assistant principals has been a vegetarian for years, and is also a triathalete. But facts aren't important to the kids. However, there are a fair number of committed vegetarians among the kids at the middle school. Sharon flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 7:07:51 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday hi sharon, I think that there is tremendous pressure as a teen to fit in. my oldest soon is eight years old. He gets teased at shchool, not only for veganism, but for lots of other things. his hair, his clothes, his accent. It seems that

they are just looking for something to pick at. I don't blame teens for wanting to "just fit in" at whatever cost. Teasing because you are different, hurts. @gro ups.com, Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ ...>wrote:>> Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless andhard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son,who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched"Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had ameat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come alongeventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there butI had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses offone day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian forover a year resists going vegan. > > Why? You tell me.

I don't get it.> > Sharon> Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

You've turned into an American - I had to check again - I thought it was a post from Fraggle!

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, November 17, 2006 8:49 PM

Woah there little lady, dont eat anything from bugger king, those vegie burgers prolly contain a milk or even egg derivative, and are prolly fried with all the lovely decaying flesh ones..................

The Valley Vegan...................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote:

Yes she was being quite serious. She mentioned a book, "Vegetarianism for Dummies" ... part of the series, I guess, although she used it to insinuate that vegetarianism is for dummies. Maybe that's where she read it. I don't know, cause I'm not a dummy! ;-) A couple of people wrote in to disagree with her, but the kids had already read.

You know what I think is a shame, and that is that with so many really delicious vegie burgers available, Burger King chooses to offer one that is dry and tasteless. You know what else is a shame, a boy at my school who has a severe allergy to dairy passed out in the courtyard as a result of eating a vegie burger in our cafeteria. Since turning vegan, I have been amazed at how very many of the vegetarian convenience foods contain milk and eggs.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Incidentally, I dont know if anyone has seen the latest Burgler King ad on telly, but apparently being able to eat one of their biggest dead cow things equates with manlyness?.. well what a wimp I am.

Sharon

flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 7:07:51 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

hi sharon, I think that there is tremendous pressure as a teen to fit in. my oldest soon is eight years old. He gets teased at shchool, not only for veganism, but for lots of other things. his hair, his clothes, his accent. It seems that they are just looking for something to pick at. I don't blame teens for wanting to "just fit in" at whatever cost. Teasing because you are different, hurts. @gro ups.com, Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ ...>wrote:>> Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless andhard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son,who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched"Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had ameat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come alongeventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there butI had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses offone day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian forover a year resists going vegan. > > Why? You tell me. I don't get it.> > Sharon>

Peter H

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

HEY!

jo Nov 17, 2006 5:08 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Peter

You've turned into an American - I had to check again - I thought it was a post from Fraggle!

Jo

-

peter VV

Woah there little lady, dont eat anything from bugger king, those vegie burgers prolly contain a milk or even egg derivative, and are prolly fried with all the lovely decaying flesh ones..................

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

It was the 'whoa there little lady' and 'prolly' which made it sound like you. See what an influence you have!

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, November 17, 2006 10:30 PM

HEY!

jo Nov 17, 2006 5:08 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

Sharon

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

I really hate that "prolly". The kids use it all the time and it drives me nuts.

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:13:31 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Fraggle

It was the 'whoa there little lady' and 'prolly' which made it sound like you. See what an influence you have!

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

HEY!

jo Nov 17, 2006 5:08 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

@gro ups.com

Woah there little lady, dont eat anything from bugger king, those vegie burgers prolly contain a milk or even egg derivative, and are prolly fried with all the lovely decaying flesh ones........ ......... .

The Valley Vegan....... ......... ...Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote:

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Sharon

hi sharon, I think that there is tremendous pressure as a teen to fit in. my oldest soon is eight years old. He gets teased at shchool, not only for veganism, but for lots of other things. his hair, his clothes, his accent. It seems that they are just looking for something to pick at. I don't blame teens for wanting to "just fit in" at whatever cost. Teasing because you are different, hurts. @gro ups.com, Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ ...>wrote:>> Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless andhard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son,who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched"Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had ameat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come alongeventually.

With me, it's kind of like the light was always there butI had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses offone day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian forover a year resists going vegan. > > Why? You tell me. I don't get it.> > Sharon>

Peter H

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. History repeats itself

Guest guest

No race, no boundries.............. The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter You've turned into an American - I had to check again - I thought it was a post from Fraggle! Jo - peter VV Friday, November 17, 2006 8:49 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Woah there little lady, dont eat anything from bugger king, those vegie burgers prolly contain a milk or even egg derivative, and are prolly fried with all the lovely decaying flesh ones.................. The Valley Vegan...................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote: Yes she was being quite serious. She mentioned a book, "Vegetarianism for Dummies" ... part of the series, I guess, although she used it to insinuate that vegetarianism is for dummies. Maybe that's where she read it. I don't know, cause I'm not a dummy! ;-) A couple of people wrote in to disagree with her, but the kids had already read. You know what I think is a shame, and that

is that with so many really delicious vegie burgers available, Burger King chooses to offer one that is dry and tasteless. You know what else is a shame, a boy at my school who has a severe allergy to dairy passed out in the courtyard as a result of eating a vegie burger in our cafeteria. Since turning vegan, I have been amazed at how very many of the vegetarian convenience foods contain milk and eggs. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot

Monday Was this jerk being serious, I mean an avocado a day?!?!?!?!? was she just trying to start a debate, surely the kids have a right to reply to the editor in the magazine with the truth? a list of athletes / prominent people would help dispell this ignoramous ideas. Incidentally, I dont know if anyone has seen the latest Burgler King ad on telly, but apparently being able to eat one of their biggest dead cow things equates with manlyness?.. well what a wimp I am. The Valley Vegan....... .....Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Recently, the editor of our high

school newspaper wrote an anti-vegetarian editorial. I have to tell you, it's not the first time I have wondered about the future of our country or the competence of the journalism instructor when I have read the school paper. One of the thing she said is that we are fooling ourselves if we think we are important enough to convince the meat industry to be more humane by not eating meat. Ever since then, my 7th grader has been hearing this at middle school. She tells them that she saves 95 lives a year by not eating meat. So then they go on to the next argument, that the editor also gave, that vegetarianism isn't healthy, and that books on vegetarianism advise that if you want to remain healthy on a vegetarian diet you have to eat an avocado a day! I have

read a ton of books on vegetarianism but have yet to come across this particular piece of advice. One of our assistant principals has been a vegetarian for years, and is also a triathalete. But facts aren't important to the kids. However, there are a fair number of committed vegetarians among the kids at the middle school. Sharon flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>@gro ups.comSent:

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:07:51 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday hi sharon, I think that there is tremendous pressure as a teen to fit in. my oldest soon is eight years old. He gets teased at shchool, not only for veganism, but for lots of other things. his hair, his clothes, his accent. It seems that they are just looking for something to pick at. I don't blame teens for wanting to "just fit in" at whatever cost. Teasing because you are different, hurts. @gro ups.com, Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ ...>wrote:>> Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless andhard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son,who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and

watched"Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had ameat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come alongeventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there butI had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses offone day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian forover a year resists going vegan. > > Why? You tell me. I don't get it.> > Sharon> Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Guest guest

I haven't heard you talking like me or Anouk :-)

Jo

-

peter VV

Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:38 PM

No race, no boundries..............

The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

The Valley Vegan...................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote:

Sharon

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Guest guest

Hi Sharon

I dislike it too, but didn't want to upset anyone. Our weather people on the telly say things like 'ticuly' and p'robly' instead of particularly and probably - and it annoys me.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Saturday, November 18, 2006 3:44 PM

I really hate that "prolly". The kids use it all the time and it drives me nuts.

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:13:31 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

HEY!

jo Nov 17, 2006 5:08 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

@gro ups.com

Woah there little lady, dont eat anything from bugger king, those vegie burgers prolly contain a milk or even egg derivative, and are prolly fried with all the lovely decaying flesh ones........ ......... .

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. History repeats itself

Guest guest

With the way we all butcher the English language it's a wonder anybody who is not a native speaker ever learns to understand us!

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 11:09:41 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Sharon

I dislike it too, but didn't want to upset anyone. Our weather people on the telly say things like 'ticuly' and p'robly' instead of particularly and probably - and it annoys me.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 4:13:31 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

HEY!

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

@gro ups.com

Sharon

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

I dont see anything wrong with anyone using slang language amongst groups like this, but it bothers me when people in the public eye use it as I feel it encourages the younger element to be lazy with their language and sets a bad example. I only use it on here if I am in a rush, sorry folks...........prolly! just joking. The Vally Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi

Sharon I dislike it too, but didn't want to upset anyone. Our weather people on the telly say things like 'ticuly' and p'robly' instead of particularly and probably - and it annoys me. Jo - Sharon Murch Saturday, November 18, 2006 3:44 PM Re:

Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday I really hate that "prolly". The kids use it all the time and it drives me nuts. jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:13:31 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Hi Fraggle It was the 'whoa there little lady' and 'prolly' which made it sound like you. See what an influence you have! Jo - fraggle @gro ups.com Friday, November 17, 2006 10:30 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday HEY! jo Nov 17, 2006 5:08 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Hi Peter You've turned into an American - I had to check again - I thought it was a post from Fraggle! Jo - peter VV @gro ups.com Friday, November 17, 2006 8:49 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Woah there little lady, dont eat anything from bugger king, those vegie burgers prolly contain a milk or even egg derivative, and are prolly fried with all the lovely decaying flesh ones........ ......... . The Valley Vegan....... ......... ...Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Yes she was being quite serious. She mentioned a book, "Vegetarianism for Dummies" ... part of the series, I guess, although she used it to insinuate that vegetarianism is for dummies. Maybe that's where she read it. I don't know, cause I'm not a dummy! ;-) A couple of people wrote in to disagree with her, but the kids had already read. You know what I think is a shame, and that is that with so many really delicious vegie burgers available, Burger King chooses to offer one that is dry and tasteless. You know what else is a shame, a boy at my school who has a severe allergy to dairy passed out in the courtyard as a result of eating a vegie burger in

our cafeteria. Since turning vegan, I have been amazed at how very many of the vegetarian convenience foods contain milk and eggs. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Was this jerk being serious, I mean an avocado a day?!?!?!?!? was she just trying to start a debate, surely the kids have a right to reply to the editor in the magazine with the truth? a list of athletes / prominent people would help dispell

this ignoramous ideas. Incidentally, I dont know if anyone has seen the latest Burgler King ad on telly, but apparently being able to eat one of their biggest dead cow things equates with manlyness?.. well what a wimp I am. The Valley Vegan....... .....Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Recently, the editor of our high school newspaper wrote an anti-vegetarian editorial. I have to tell you, it's not the first time I have wondered about the future of our country or the competence of the journalism instructor when I have read the school paper. One of the thing she said is that we are fooling

ourselves if we think we are important enough to convince the meat industry to be more humane by not eating meat. Ever since then, my 7th grader has been hearing this at middle school. She tells them that she saves 95 lives a year by not eating meat. So then they go on to the next argument, that the editor also gave, that vegetarianism isn't healthy, and that books on vegetarianism advise that if you want to remain healthy on a vegetarian diet you have to eat an avocado a day! I have read a ton of books on vegetarianism but have yet to come across this particular piece of advice. One of our assistant principals has been a vegetarian for years, and is also a triathalete. But facts aren't important to the kids. However, there are a fair number of committed vegetarians among the kids at the middle school. Sharon flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 7:07:51 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday hi sharon, I think that there is tremendous pressure as a teen to fit in. my oldest soon is eight years old. He gets teased at

shchool, not only for veganism, but for lots of other things. his hair, his clothes, his accent. It seems that they are just looking for something to pick at. I don't blame teens for wanting to "just fit in" at whatever cost. Teasing because you are different, hurts. @gro ups.com, Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ ...>wrote:>> Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless andhard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son,who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched"Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had ameat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come alongeventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there butI had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses offone day. But even my

daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian forover a year resists going vegan. > > Why? You tell me. I don't get it.> > Sharon> Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Hi Sharon

It just takes a while for us to understand each other (both ways) and Peter (Valley Vegan) has often taken themickey out of my English.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Sunday, November 19, 2006 12:59 AM

With the way we all butcher the English language it's a wonder anybody who is not a native speaker ever learns to understand us!

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 11:09:41 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 4:13:31 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

HEY!

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

@gro ups.com

Sharon

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I am interested in what people have to say, not the way they say it (as long as it is not disrespectful).

Jo

-

peter VV

Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:49 AM

I dont see anything wrong with anyone using slang language amongst groups like this, but it bothers me when people in the public eye use it as I feel it encourages the younger element to be lazy with their language and sets a bad example.

I only use it on here if I am in a rush, sorry folks...........prolly!

just joking.

The Vally Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:13:31 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

HEY!

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

@gro ups.com

Sharon

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Would you like to? it might be seen as disresoectful to do a poor impersination? The Valley Vegan...................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I haven't heard you talking like me or Anouk :-) Jo - peter VV Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:38 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday No race, no boundries.............. The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi Peter You've turned into an American - I had to check again - I thought it was a post from Fraggle! Jo - peter VV Friday, November 17, 2006 8:49 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Woah there little lady, dont eat anything from bugger king, those vegie burgers prolly contain a milk or

even egg derivative, and are prolly fried with all the lovely decaying flesh ones.................. The Valley Vegan...................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote: Yes she was being quite serious. She mentioned a book, "Vegetarianism for Dummies" ... part of the series, I guess, although she used it to insinuate that vegetarianism is for dummies. Maybe that's where she read it. I don't know, cause I'm not a dummy! ;-) A couple of people wrote in to disagree with her, but the kids had already read. You know what I think is a shame, and that is that with so many really delicious vegie burgers available, Burger King chooses to offer one that is dry and tasteless. You know what else is a shame, a boy at my school who has a severe allergy to dairy passed out in the courtyard as a result of eating a vegie burger in our cafeteria. Since turning vegan, I have been amazed at how very many of the vegetarian convenience foods contain milk and eggs. Sharon ----- Original Message

----peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Was this jerk being serious, I mean an avocado a day?!?!?!?!? was she just trying to start a debate, surely the kids have a right to reply to the editor in the magazine with the truth? a list of athletes / prominent people would help dispell this ignoramous ideas. Incidentally, I dont know if anyone has seen the latest Burgler King ad on telly, but apparently being able to eat one of their biggest dead cow things equates with manlyness?.. well what a wimp I am. The Valley Vegan....... .....Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Recently, the editor of our high school newspaper wrote an anti-vegetarian editorial. I have to tell you, it's not the first time I have wondered about the future of our country or the competence of the journalism instructor when I have read the school paper. One of the thing she said is that we are fooling ourselves if we think we are important enough to convince the meat industry to be more humane by not eating meat. Ever since then, my 7th grader has been hearing this at middle school. She tells them that she saves 95 lives a year by not eating meat. So then they go on to

the next argument, that the editor also gave, that vegetarianism isn't healthy, and that books on vegetarianism advise that if you want to remain healthy on a vegetarian diet you have to eat an avocado a day! I have read a ton of books on vegetarianism but have yet to come across this particular piece of advice. One of our assistant principals has been a vegetarian for years, and is also a triathalete. But facts aren't important to the kids. However, there are a fair number of committed vegetarians among the kids at the middle school. Sharon flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 7:07:51 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday hi sharon, I think that there is tremendous pressure as a teen to fit in. my oldest soon is eight years old. He gets teased at shchool, not only for veganism, but for lots of other things. his hair, his clothes, his accent. It seems that they are just looking for something to pick at. I don't blame teens for wanting to "just fit in" at whatever cost. Teasing because you are different, hurts. @gro ups.com, Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@

....>wrote:>> Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless andhard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son,who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched"Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had ameat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come alongeventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there butI had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses offone day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian forover a year resists going vegan. > > Why? You tell me. I don't get it.> > Sharon> Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal Peter H

Guest guest

Not particularly Peter/

Jo

-

peter VV

Sunday, November 19, 2006 6:23 PM

Would you like to? it might be seen as disresoectful to do a poor impersination?

The Valley Vegan...................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

I haven't heard you talking like me or Anouk :-)

Jo

-

peter VV

Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:38 PM

No race, no boundries..............

The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

The Valley Vegan...................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote:

Sharon

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

i've corrupted peter

who's next!

run when you hear the other peter utter "my bacchus"

hee hee

jo Nov 18, 2006 7:13 AM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

HEY!

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

Sharon

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

I think its a two way stretch.......... The Valley Vegan..........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i've corrupted peter who's next! run when you hear the other peter utter "my bacchus" hee hee jo Nov 18, 2006 7:13 AM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise

Terrorism Act vot Monday Hi Fraggle It was the 'whoa there little lady' and 'prolly' which made it sound like you. See what an influence you have! Jo - fraggle Friday, November 17, 2006 10:30 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday HEY! jo Nov 17, 2006 5:08 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Hi Peter You've turned into an American

- I had to check again - I thought it was a post from Fraggle! Jo - peter VV Friday, November 17, 2006 8:49 PM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Woah there little lady, dont eat anything from bugger king, those vegie burgers prolly contain a milk or even egg derivative, and are prolly fried with all

the lovely decaying flesh ones.................. The Valley Vegan...................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote: Yes she was being quite serious. She mentioned a book, "Vegetarianism for Dummies" ... part of the series, I guess, although she used it to insinuate that vegetarianism is for dummies. Maybe that's where she read it. I don't know, cause I'm not a dummy! ;-) A couple of people wrote in to disagree with her, but the kids had already read. You know what I think is a shame, and that is that with so many really delicious vegie burgers available, Burger King chooses to offer one that is dry and tasteless. You know what else is a shame, a boy at my school who has a severe allergy to dairy passed out in the courtyard as a result of eating a vegie burger in our cafeteria. Since turning vegan, I have been amazed at how very many of the vegetarian convenience foods contain milk and eggs. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>To:

Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:41:54 AMRe: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Was this jerk being serious, I mean an avocado a day?!?!?!?!? was she just trying to start a debate, surely the kids have a right to reply to the editor in the magazine with the truth? a list of athletes / prominent people would help dispell this ignoramous ideas. Incidentally, I dont know if anyone has seen the latest Burgler King ad on telly, but apparently being able to eat one of their biggest dead cow things equates with manlyness?.. well what a wimp I am. The Valley Vegan....... .....Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Recently, the editor of our high school newspaper wrote an anti-vegetarian editorial. I have to tell you, it's not the first time I have wondered about the future of our country or the competence of the journalism instructor when I have read the school paper. One of the thing she said is that we are fooling ourselves if we think we are important enough to convince the meat industry to be more humane by not eating meat. Ever since then, my 7th grader has been hearing this at middle school. She tells them that she saves 95 lives a year by not eating meat. So then they go on to the next argument, that the editor also gave, that

vegetarianism isn't healthy, and that books on vegetarianism advise that if you want to remain healthy on a vegetarian diet you have to eat an avocado a day! I have read a ton of books on vegetarianism but have yet to come across this particular piece of advice. One of our assistant principals has been a vegetarian for years, and is also a triathalete. But facts aren't important to the kids. However, there are a fair number of committed vegetarians among the kids at the middle school. Sharon flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 7:07:51 PM Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday hi sharon, I think that there is tremendous pressure as a teen to fit in. my oldest soon is eight years old. He gets teased at shchool, not only for veganism, but for lots of other things. his hair, his clothes, his accent. It seems that they are just looking for something to pick at. I don't blame teens for wanting to "just fit in" at whatever cost. Teasing because you are different, hurts. @gro ups.com, Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ ...>wrote:>> Fraggle, I am

absolutely astounded at how thoughtless andhard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son,who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched"Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had ameat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come alongeventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there butI had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses offone day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian forover a year resists going vegan. > > Why? You tell me. I don't get it.> > Sharon> Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

I can't imagine Peter invoking the God of the brew, but you never know.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, November 20, 2006 5:46 PM

i've corrupted peter

who's next!

run when you hear the other peter utter "my bacchus"

hee hee

jo Nov 18, 2006 7:13 AM Re: Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

HEY!

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

Sharon

Sharon

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself