IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Intro and Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Have you tried small mirrors, usually freaks them out, or anything citrus they usually cant stand fresh grapefruit/lemon/orange peel.......

The Valley Vegan..........Valerie Fjallstrom <vfjallstrom wrote:

I agree with Fraggle. This conversation has taken on a really bitchy tone. How about this one... I can't keep my youngest kitty out of my peace lily plants. I'm in a 2 bedroom townhouse and there's no where to "hide" the plants. Any suggestions for me?

P.S. The sour apple spray hasn't worked for us.

Thanks,

Valfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

happens all the time Jo..happens all the time...

can i ask that we happily skip away from this topic fer a bit?

quick!

ummmm...

damn...can't think of anything

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to - I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

The people in this world are getting organized

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

To send an email to - Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Earth calling Fraggle,

Do you speak my language?

There is a board game for vegans available in the UK , although not the same type of anal retention I assume, as the ones you are talking about!

Check it out at :

http://www.vegansociety.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31 & products_id=93

The game similar to Trivial Pursuit - but without trivia! Allows you to learn and introduce others to the key facts and figures surrounding our use and abuse of animals.The Valley Vegan.........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

chez geek and apples to apples TOTALLY rule

tho..i think i lost my copy of it last time i went camping

:(

never played T & T, tho i know i have a few old modules around...

i use to have all the expansions for KAMB, tho again, i think i played once...

we;ve been tryin to get a D & D game going forever..but..my friends are flakes

oh..wait..i said D & D game..let me clean the slobber off my desk

*snort*

and..to totally label myself as a geek...i've played D & D(well, A D & D), Deadlands, and Cthulhu....played a few other ones..but..never got into em,....(well, Delta Green, but thats just Call of Cthulhu anyways)

cheers

fraggle

*geek* "serene (Sandra Vannoy)" Mar 11, 2005 2:40 PM Re: Re: Intro and Question fraggle wrote:>ok..as we slide far off the vegan tangent>wot sort of RPG ?>you really need him to come over and look at one of the walls in my bedroom...>hahahahahahahah>wot sort of boardgames?>i have a few left over from various moves, breakups, etc..but..still..a few>infection is great>robo rally>lotsa good games out there..>when they gonna make a vegan boardgame? oh yeah..gamers generally>don't fall into the *vegan* category..>but..come on...veganland!>hehYou're a goofball. I like that in a person.We have Apples to Apples, and Trivial Pursuit, and Clue, and Chez Geek (my current fave) and some others. I

started game night so I could con people into playing board games with me, but James is writing an RPG that will probably be something like the old-school stuff around the time when D & D was new -- Did you ever play Tunnels and Trolls?Carin wants to play Kobolds Ate My Baby, but her copy is up north. We should play that some time.serene-- "A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals." -- The Holy Church of Happy Good TimesTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Not a city dweller me, but I have to commute to it to work, unfortunately.

The Valley Vegan........Lynda <lurine wrote:

If the change is removed then nature can return to taking its course. Happens all the time.

Just curious, how many folks on the list live in the city?

Lynda

-

heartwerk

Friday, March 11, 2005 4:41 AM

Re: Intro and Question

Once we have interfered with nature we cannot let nature take it's course because the course that follows is not it's natural course.JoTo send an email to - Peter H

Guest guest

Jo,

Thanks for the kind thoughts, I think Fraggle is passing his bad luck streak around!, now I ve got flu as well as a re-mortgage. I`m lucky to be blessed with two sensible kids who do not bow to peer pressure, so when they see their friends with the latest gubbins they understand ( they may not like it), and dont cause a scene.

Some fellows look and find the sunshineI always look and find the rainAnd some fellows make a winning sometimeand I never even make a gainI'm always chasing rainbows waiting to find the little bluebird in vain.

The Valley Vegan.......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

Debt is such a big worry - sorry to hear it has affected you. I'm glad you have a mum to help out with the odd meals. I remember when my daughter was out of work (no benefits for six months) we used to take carrier bags of food to her, and she'd open the door grinning 'here comes the Red Cross'.

I hope things improve soon.

BBJo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:38 PM

Re: Re: Intro and Question

Eating out is just a thing of the past for me at the moment as have two kids, two indoor cats, lost count of how many outdoor cats, and have just inherited the wifes failed business debts. So giving the kids some sort of decent existance is priority at moment.

Managed to blag a tidy meal off my mother today and yesterday, and got three for the freezer too!, chuffed to beans or what!

Okely dokely! I've said all my thoughts so no point in repeating them.

What's everyone planning for meals over the weekend? Maybe that's not such a good choice as I haven't planned any yet, but I'll have a think about it and let you know. I don't reckon it'll be anything too exciting though. We may eat out tomorrow if we are shopping, so that will save cooking one meal.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:48 PM

quick!

ummmm...

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to -

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to - To send an email to - Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter (VV)

I hope you recover from the flu soon - I know the present one is particularly nasty!

Always look on the bright side of life .........

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:22 PM

Jo,

Thanks for the kind thoughts, I think Fraggle is passing his bad luck streak around!, now I ve got flu as well as a re-mortgage. I`m lucky to be blessed with two sensible kids who do not bow to peer pressure, so when they see their friends with the latest gubbins they understand ( they may not like it), and dont cause a scene.

Some fellows look and find the sunshineI always look and find the rainAnd some fellows make a winning sometimeand I never even make a gainI'm always chasing rainbows waiting to find the little bluebird in vain.

Hi Peter

Debt is such a big worry - sorry to hear it has affected you. I'm glad you have a mum to help out with the odd meals. I remember when my daughter was out of work (no benefits for six months) we used to take carrier bags of food to her, and she'd open the door grinning 'here comes the Red Cross'.

I hope things improve soon.

BBJo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:38 PM

Eating out is just a thing of the past for me at the moment as have two kids, two indoor cats, lost count of how many outdoor cats, and have just inherited the wifes failed business debts. So giving the kids some sort of decent existance is priority at moment.

Managed to blag a tidy meal off my mother today and yesterday, and got three for the freezer too!, chuffed to beans or what!

Okely dokely! I've said all my thoughts so no point in repeating them.

What's everyone planning for meals over the weekend? Maybe that's not such a good choice as I haven't planned any yet, but I'll have a think about it and let you know. I don't reckon it'll be anything too exciting though. We may eat out tomorrow if we are shopping, so that will save cooking one meal.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:48 PM

quick!

ummmm...

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to -

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to - To send an email to -

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to -

Guest guest

So far, I think cayenne pepper is working really well, but I'll keep your suggestions in mind. Thank you!!! Valpeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Have you tried small mirrors, usually freaks them out, or anything citrus they usually cant stand fresh grapefruit/lemon/orange peel.......

The Valley Vegan..........Valerie Fjallstrom <vfjallstrom wrote:

I agree with Fraggle. This conversation has taken on a really bitchy tone. How about this one... I can't keep my youngest kitty out of my peace lily plants. I'm in a 2 bedroom townhouse and there's no where to "hide" the plants. Any suggestions for me?

P.S. The sour apple spray hasn't worked for us.

Thanks,

Valfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

quick!

ummmm...

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to - I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

The people in this world are getting organized

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

To send an email to -

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hiya Andi,

couldn't agree with you more

all the best and really post again your opinion is important to all of us

Craig

Re: Intro and QuestionFirst post here although i have been sitting on thesidelines for a while. Eating out is a major issue forme as a vegan.I will only eat at a veggie place as ido not want my money going to a place that serves upmeat. There is the argument of putting pressure on theplace to provide good vegan meals but in "my opinion"that is just not good enough. The real pressure is onthe small veggie place trying to stay open while allthe vegetarians and vegans opt to go to a place thathas one or two vegan meals on the menu. Going to a restaurant that has meat on the menu isgiving them your consent it is OK to do this as longas you provide a vegan option. Most places are inbusiness to make money so getting the extra 10% ofveggies through your door makes economic sense.If there are no veggie places around then i cook as itgreat to create cheap nutritious meals. The art ofcooking real wholesome food is dying as more and morefast food, processed food and convenience food takeshold of us. Those people with children also have agreat opportunity to teach them about cooking, eatingand creating food that will be of value to them asthey get older.As for what i am eating at the weekend well i am atwork on nights all weekend so it is a case of pastaand rice dishes with a mixture of veg just made up asi see fit when cooking (all organic, when fundsdictate).bye,