Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI Serene

Spaghetti Bolognese recipe for 2

2 oz Red Lentils

1 Onion

Garlic Clove

Mushrooms (we use about 6 large mushrooms)

2 tablespoons Oil

200gm chopped tomatoes

Oregano (depends on taste but about 1 teaspoon)

6oz Spaghetti

Cook lentil in boiling then simmering water for 10 minutes. Fry the chopped

onions, garlic and mushrooms in the oil for about 10 minutes. Drain the

lentils, and add to the tomato mix. Stir in oregano. Cook spaghetti and

serve.

The soup sounds delicious.

Jo

>

> Jo wrote:

>

> >Hummous is my favourite food - if I had to choose one to live on - it

would

> >probably be that.

>

> Yep, me, too. :-)

>

> > I like spaghetti. We had a bolognese last night made

> >with lentils.

>

> Ooh, do you have a recipe?

>

> >

> >I hope your busy week goes well.

>

> Thanks. Mom and I worked it out that we'll do a visit a few weeks

> later. This week is just going to be too much for me.

>

> Lunch was soup made from a container of soy-ginger broth that we

> bought on sale, some broken-up spaghetti for noodles, some cubes of

> tofu, some dried shiitakes, and a bunch of veg oyster sauce. I liked

> it a lot, and so did James, but Carin picked out the tofu. :-)

>

> serene

> --

> " A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals. "

> -- The Holy Church of Happy Good Times

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Clearly, you and our husband will have plenty to talk about, Fraggle.

:-) Gamer geeks unite. (I'm actually not a gamer geek, but I'm

turned on by them, so it works out.)

serene

--

" A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals. "

-- The Holy Church of Happy Good Times

Guest guest

Jo wrote:

>Spaghetti Bolognese recipe for 2

Thank you so much!

serene

--

Guest guest

I just turned on my computer, and I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

don't know what rpg, paladin, cleric or 15 vocal mean.

are these private conversations between you two or three?

also, I don't understand when serene says all of my partners?? and when she says our husbands?? How many do you have?

I consider myself a modern and open minded person but don't really understand these relationships. Also, don't know who Carin, Karen or James are. Sorry I don't live in your SF neighborhood.

I guess what I'm trying to say is It can get annoying when there are 100 emails and some of them are just one line for example email # 1 Tonight? email # 2 yes

email # 3 f* & kjdflhi but on the left email # 4 o*6flnf4l(jhl oh yeah, ha ha.

Also, now that I'm being honest, I know that the conversation is over, but I really didn't like it when Fraggle called us people who have kids "breeders" . Fraggle, If It weren't for a couple of breeders, you wouldn't be here. I really took this personal, because I love my children.

and Lynda who told Jo, "just adopt one then!!

you guys act like kids are a foreing species, Weren't we all kids once. This world could certainly use more of their innocense and purity.

If people with kids are made to feel bad for having them on this board, then this group should be called the No "Parents" Allowed Vegan Chat group. I certainly don't feel like I could talk about my Vegan kids here.

I will probably get kicked out of this group for expressing myself this way, but I'm being honest and I least I got it out of my system.

good luck

-anouk

-

serene (Sandra Vannoy)

3/11/2005 5:06:42 PM

Re: Re: Intro and Question

fraggle wrote:>game night?>can i be a 16th level elven paladin/thief/cleric with a + 15 Vorpal sword?Carin says "If he rolls it. He won't."We usually play board games, but we're open to anything people bring with them. James is looking to start an RPG in the future, too.serene-- "A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals." -- The Holy Church of Happy Good TimesTo send an email to -

Guest guest

anouk wrote:

>I just turned on my computer, and I have no idea what you guys are

>talking about.

>are these private conversations between you two or three?

Yep, sorry. Sometimes we go off-topic way too far.

>also, I don't understand when serene says all of my partners??

>and when she says our husbands?? >How many do you have?

I have two husbands and a wife (not legally, but only because we're

not allowed -- we're as married as anyone I know): James, Guy, and

Carin (who is also James's wife).

>I consider myself a modern and open minded person but don't really

>understand these relationships.

You don't need to understand them. My family and friends understand,

and that's all that's really important to me. You strike me as a bit

hostile, so I'm going to answer the rest of your post, but I

understand if you don't choose to answer, and I certainly don't

intend to justify my relationships to you, given the above.

> Also, don't know who Carin,

>Karen or James are. Sorry I don't live in your SF neighborhood.

>I guess what I'm trying to say is It can get annoying when there are

>100 emails and some of them are just one line for example email #

>1 Tonight? email # 2 yes

>email # 3 f* & kjdflhi but on the left email # 4 o*6flnf4l(jhl oh

>yeah, ha ha.

This is a chat list. There are lots of lists that don't allow lots

of off-topic posting. It is my understanding that this isn't one of

them.

>Also, now that I'm being honest, I know that the conversation is

>over, but I really didn't like it when Fraggle called us people who

>have kids " breeders " . Fraggle, If It weren't for a couple of

>breeders, you wouldn't be here. I really took this personal,

>because I love my children.

>and Lynda who told Jo, " just adopt one then!!

>you guys act like kids are a foreing species, Weren't we all kids

>once. This world could certainly use more of their innocense and

>purity.

>If people with kids are made to feel bad for having them on this

>board, then this group should be called the No " Parents " Allowed

>Vegan Chat group. I certainly don't feel like I could talk about my

>Vegan kids here.

Okay, so you can talk for paragraphs about how you feel about

children, but we can't express how we feel about them? How is that

fair?

If you want to talk about your kids, no one is going to stop you.

You are conversing in a public place, though, not your own living

room, so you can't guarantee that others are going to have the same

views as you, or keep their views to themselves.

>I will probably get kicked out of this group for expressing myself

>this way, but I'm being honest and I least I got it out of my system.

I don't know what makes you think you would get kicked off. We say

what we want and so do you. That's how conversation works.

serene

--

Guest guest

I have two husbands and a wife (not legally, but only because we're not allowed -- we're as married as anyone I know): James, Guy, and Carin (who is also James's wife).You don't need to understand them. My family and friends understand, and that's all that's really important to me. You strike me as a bit hostile, so I'm going to answer the rest of your post, but I understand if you don't choose to answer, and I certainly don't intend to justify my relationships to you, given the above.and you strike me as a bit defensive, You don't know me, I am not judging you. I read about this being made legal in Utah. When someone comes into a chat group and starts talking about their partners and husbands it can be a bit confusing, you never explained this, then you trow in their names. Sorry but, your relationships are not the norm, If that works for you then great.

This is a chat list. There are lots of lists that don't allow lots of off-topic posting. It is my understanding that this isn't one of them.

that's what I love about this list, however it seems like there are some conversations that are just between two people speaking in jargon. Okay, so you can talk for paragraphs about how you feel about children, but we can't express how we feel about them? How is that fair?If you want to talk about your kids, no one is going to stop you. You are conversing in a public place, though, not your own living room, so you can't guarantee that others are going to have the same views as you, or keep their views to themselves.

I am not talking about expressing how you feel about them or agreeing with me, certainly, I agree that not all people should have kids. I am talking about RESPECTING peoples views. You don't have to agree with reproducing, just don't Insult me for doing so. I work very hard at being a good mother, and don't appreciate it when someone trivializes my job. Where I come from Mothers and Motherhood is worshipped and we are Goddesses. I don't know what makes you think you would get kicked off. We say what we want and so do you. That's how conversation works.

at this point it isn't conversation. When saying what you want, keep in mind that this group consist of a very large and politically diverse group of people.

"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944), "The Little Prince", 1943

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Naughty, naughty, you took things out of context.

My response of "just adopt one" was in regards to whether women should be forced to have children simply because the man they met and feel in love with insisted on having children. There are far too many children out there that need a loving home, so "just adopt one." I do believe that would be being a parent.

And, it seems to me that Eleanor Roosevelt or someone said "no one can make you feel bad unless you allow them to" or something like that.

I certainly hope no one gets kicked off the list for expressing themselves. Geez, I'd be in big trouble %-{

Lynda

-

anouk sickler

Also, now that I'm being honest, I know that the conversation is over, but I really didn't like it when Fraggle called us people who have kids "breeders" . Fraggle, If It weren't for a couple of breeders, you wouldn't be here. I really took this personal, because I love my children.

you guys act like kids are a foreing species, Weren't we all kids once. This world could certainly use more of their innocense and purity.

If people with kids are made to feel bad for having them on this board, then this group should be called the No "Parents" Allowed Vegan Chat group. I certainly don't feel like I could talk about my Vegan kids here.

I will probably get kicked out of this group for expressing myself this way, but I'm being honest and I least I got it out of my system.

good luck

-anouk

-

serene (Sandra Vannoy)

fraggle wrote:>game night?>can i be a 16th level elven paladin/thief/cleric with a + 15 Vorpal sword?Carin says "If he rolls it. He won't."We usually play board games, but we're open to anything people bring with them. James is looking to start an RPG in the future, too.serene-- "A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals." -- The Holy Church of Happy Good TimesTo send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

Where do you live/come from?

Lynda

-

anouk sickler

I am not talking about expressing how you feel about them or agreeing with me, certainly, I agree that not all people should have kids. I am talking about RESPECTING peoples views. You don't have to agree with reproducing, just don't Insult me for doing so. I work very hard at being a good mother, and don't appreciate it when someone trivializes my job. Where I come from Mothers and Motherhood is worshipped and we are Goddesses.

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

Firstly, you will not be thrown off the list for stating your point of view in a polite manner, which you have done.

I understand that this is upsetting to parents – I am a parent.

There are some members who are against having children and have expressed their view.

Officially, this group is not anti-children or people who have them. I know for a fact that we are lucky enough to have some children who read the group emails.

Everyone may feel free to mention/discuss their children, and I would enjoy hearing about them. From time to time I mention my own children.

How many children do you have Anouk, and how old are they? I have two children, Peter, and my daughter, Laura, who is 33.

Jo

good luck

-anouk

-

serene (Sandra Vannoy)

fraggle wrote:>game night?>can i be a 16th level elven paladin/thief/cleric with a + 15 Vorpal sword?Carin says "If he rolls it. He won't."We usually play board games, but we're open to anything people bring with them. James is looking to start an RPG in the future, too.serene-- "A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals." -- The Holy Church of Happy Good TimesTo send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

Eating out is just a thing of the past for me at the moment as have two kids, two indoor cats, lost count of how many outdoor cats, and have just inherited the wifes failed business debts. So giving the kids some sort of decent existance is priority at moment.

Managed to blag a tidy meal off my mother today and yesterday, and got three for the freezer too!, chuffed to beans or what!

The Valley Vegan.......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Okely dokely! I've said all my thoughts so no point in repeating them.

What's everyone planning for meals over the weekend? Maybe that's not such a good choice as I haven't planned any yet, but I'll have a think about it and let you know. I don't reckon it'll be anything too exciting though. We may eat out tomorrow if we are shopping, so that will save cooking one meal.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:48 PM

happens all the time Jo..happens all the time...

can i ask that we happily skip away from this topic fer a bit?

quick!

ummmm...

damn...can't think of anything

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to - Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Debt is such a big worry - sorry to hear it has affected you. I'm glad you have a mum to help out with the odd meals. I remember when my daughter was out of work (no benefits for six months) we used to take carrier bags of food to her, and she'd open the door grinning 'here comes the Red Cross'.

I hope things improve soon.

BBJo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:38 PM

Eating out is just a thing of the past for me at the moment as have two kids, two indoor cats, lost count of how many outdoor cats, and have just inherited the wifes failed business debts. So giving the kids some sort of decent existance is priority at moment.

Managed to blag a tidy meal off my mother today and yesterday, and got three for the freezer too!, chuffed to beans or what!

The Valley Vegan.......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Okely dokely! I've said all my thoughts so no point in repeating them.

What's everyone planning for meals over the weekend? Maybe that's not such a good choice as I haven't planned any yet, but I'll have a think about it and let you know. I don't reckon it'll be anything too exciting though. We may eat out tomorrow if we are shopping, so that will save cooking one meal.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:48 PM

happens all the time Jo..happens all the time...

can i ask that we happily skip away from this topic fer a bit?

quick!

ummmm...

damn...can't think of anything

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to -

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to -

Guest guest

First post here although i have been sitting on the

sidelines for a while. Eating out is a major issue for

me as a vegan.I will only eat at a veggie place as i

do not want my money going to a place that serves up

meat. There is the argument of putting pressure on the

place to provide good vegan meals but in " my opinion "

that is just not good enough. The real pressure is on

the small veggie place trying to stay open while all

the vegetarians and vegans opt to go to a place that

has one or two vegan meals on the menu.

Going to a restaurant that has meat on the menu is

giving them your consent it is OK to do this as long

as you provide a vegan option. Most places are in

business to make money so getting the extra 10% of

veggies through your door makes economic sense.

If there are no veggie places around then i cook as it

great to create cheap nutritious meals. The art of

cooking real wholesome food is dying as more and more

fast food, processed food and convenience food takes

hold of us. Those people with children also have a

great opportunity to teach them about cooking, eating

and creating food that will be of value to them as

they get older.

As for what i am eating at the weekend well i am at

work on nights all weekend so it is a case of pasta

and rice dishes with a mixture of veg just made up as

i see fit when cooking (all organic, when funds

dictate).

bye,

--- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

> Eating out is just a thing of the past for me at the

> moment as have two kids, two indoor cats, lost count

> of how many outdoor cats, and have just inherited

> the wifes failed business debts. So giving the kids

> some sort of decent existance is priority at moment.

> Managed to blag a tidy meal off my mother today and

> yesterday, and got three for the freezer too!,

> chuffed to beans or what!

>

> The Valley Vegan.......

>

> Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

> Okely dokely! I've said all my thoughts so no point

> in repeating them.

>

> What's everyone planning for meals over the weekend?

> Maybe that's not such a good choice as I haven't

> planned any yet, but I'll have a think about it and

> let you know. I don't reckon it'll be anything too

> exciting though. We may eat out tomorrow if we are

> shopping, so that will save cooking one meal.

>

> BB

> Jo

> -

> fraggle

>

> Friday, March 11, 2005 3:48 PM

> Re: Re: Intro and Question

>

>

> happens all the time Jo..happens all the time...

>

> can i ask that we happily skip away from this topic

> fer a bit?

> new topic

> quick!

> ummmm...

> damn...can't think of anything

> pooburgers....

>

>

>

> heartwerk

> Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM

>

> Re: Intro and Question

>

>

> I don't know anyone who has been forced into having

> children. I know

> someone who was mentally forced into having an

> abortion because her

> husband didn't want to have the child that he had

> created.

>

> I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think

> it is a form of

> denial.

>

> Jo

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to

> -

>

To send an email to

> -

>

>

>

Guest guest

ok...going to answer this in several parts...

yeah..sometimes the group is a bit *chatty*

and sometimes we go a bit off the line

but...

the name of the group after all is vegan chat

we can and do talk about a whole range of things here...

and yes, sometimes it does seem to travel into the mundane and the "hi, how are you" category, or worse...

but...

i happen for one to really enjoy that feature of this group....

personally, i think it would be sad if we all just sat around going "vegan vegan vegan vegan vegan.."

ya know?

i have always seen this group as a community, as a group of friends, and yes, on a certain level, as a type of family...

all sorts of things come in that situation, all manner of communication...

sure, there are going to be disagreements, ppl are going to feel slighted, ppl are going to misunderstand..there's going to occassionally be arguments

it happens

heck..humans seem really good at killing each other over imagined slights or wotever..this is the dang internet...hard to judge feelings when you can't see a face or read expressions...soo..sometimes its amazing how well this group actually does

give yerselves a pat on the back fer that...

no..seriously...

we are all different ppl, with different wants/needs/issues/likes/dislikes/feelings. not every topic(or non-topic) is going to interest everyone....

and..thats ok..

you can always start a thread on something that does interest you!

:)

ok..now..i really don't know how to say this part without coming across wrong..so, i'm apologizing ahead of time

may i ask why you have to feel excluded fraom a topic that you don't recognize? that is not meant as a slight, or an attack, or anything of that nature. its just a question and observation. you can always ask...

if you don't have a clue of whats going on, don't feel shut out..the only way to learn is to question

that is also part of the whole point of this group(imo)...to learn, educate, share...and on that note

RPG

role playing game..(as opposed to say, rocket propelled grenade)

ie:D & D, Call of Cthulhu, etc

if you have no idea wot i'm not talking about..umm...ever play cops and robbers as a tiny anouk? er any sort of make believe? same difference...except this is with dice and rules....

paladin is a knight, like Lancelot..the term i used actually means more specifically " a lawful good fighter who is sooo damn powerful and boring he is a pain in the butt to play"...

cleric..priest

vorpal...nevermind, its an energy magical item

see..its all just gibberish...

but..there is no reason to feel left out.

and finally for this e-mail...if you think its chatty now..go back in the archives

:)

and all i have to say on that subject in parting is

tescos

sainsbury

(sorry..old in joke that i think only i find funny...)

(but..i like to amuse myself)

cheers

fraggle anouk sickler Mar 11, 2005 7:58 PM Re: Re: Intro and Question

I just turned on my computer, and I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

are these private conversations between you two or three?

also, I don't understand when serene says all of my partners?? and when she says our husbands?? How many do you have?

I consider myself a modern and open minded person but don't really understand these relationships. Also, don't know who Carin, Karen or James are. Sorry I don't live in your SF neighborhood.

I guess what I'm trying to say is It can get annoying when there are 100 emails and some of them are just one line for example email # 1 Tonight? email # 2 yes

email # 3 f* & kjdflhi but on the left email # 4 o*6flnf4l(jhl oh yeah, ha ha.

good luck

-anouk

-

serene (Sandra Vannoy)

fraggle wrote:>game night?>can i be a 16th level elven paladin/thief/cleric with a + 15 Vorpal sword?Carin says "If he rolls it. He won't."We usually play board games, but we're open to anything people bring with them. James is looking to start an RPG in the future, too.serene-- "A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals." -- The Holy Church of Happy Good TimesTo send an email to -

To send an email to -

Guest guest

part two

ok..again..i missed a whole lot of this conversation

but...again..why?

u can talk about almost anything here..you want to talk about yer kids..go fer it...

no one will stop you..

i'm sorry you feel put out by the feelings and opinions of others...

there is no sign out front that sez "no kids er parents"

i happen to know a parent and their child who happen to be very important to this group

there is no reason to feel put out, and if you did, i apologize

on the other side of the coin...

everyone has to take in consideration that there are sorts of folks out there, and in this group..its an eclectic cross section

some people adore children

some people want to have lots and lots of children

some like to look at others have kids

some couldn't fathom ever having children

it takes all kinds

and, we have to understand that..everyone

ok..i sound like flippin tiny tim there...

Til shade is gone, til water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day

Guest guest

and...

sorry

my apologies

for one thing...the term was not meant to disrespect you or anyone else

but....its a word i've used as far back as i can recall...

sorry, you hang out with a certain section of society/culture, you are bound to pick up some of their words, ideas and mores...

we are obviously tripping all over a horrible delicate subject here, and rubbing ppl the wrong way..who would have thought huh?

but..for everyone...yes, all of us..please respect we all have different opinions and views on life...from every different perspective

and, if you feel slighted or wounded..walk away for a minute..its a computer..it'll understand..and still be glowing warmly when you get back...

you can then ask the person what they meant, or tell them you felt slighted

no reason fer us to get all our panties all bunched up (cuz, it tends to make things real uncomfortable, and then i get a rash and...)

and..

*sigh*

as for your comment about "if it wasn't for a couple of breeders i wouldn't be here"

i just have one response

again..this is in NO way an attack on you er anyone else...

please do not take it as so..

my answer is

so?

would the world be a much worse place if my parents had never met er had me? ithink the world would still be bumpin along if it was *world minus fraggle*

seriously..be well all

cheers

fraggle

Til shade is gone, til water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day

Guest guest

thanx for sharin yer thoughts andi

as for the small veggie place..yeah, yer right..they tend to close with enormous frequency, hard to stay open gainst everything else is out there...and...eh..i have definate views on things like *veggie burgers* at murder king...

but..we already traveled down that road before...and all that

no time to ruffle feathers again

whats everyone else cooking this weekend? Andi Mar 12, 2005 8:17 AM Re: Re: Intro and Question First post here although i have been sitting on thesidelines for a while. Eating out is a major issue forme as a vegan.I will only eat at a veggie place as ido not want my money going to a place that serves upmeat. There is the argument of putting pressure on theplace to provide good vegan meals but in "my opinion"that is just not good enough. The real pressure is onthe small veggie place trying to stay open while allthe vegetarians and vegans opt to go to a place thathas one or two vegan meals on the menu. Going to a restaurant that has meat on the menu isgiving them your consent it is OK to do this as longas you provide a vegan option. Most places are inbusiness to make money so getting the extra 10% ofveggies through your door makes economic sense.If there are no veggie places around then i cook as itgreat to create cheap nutritious meals. The art ofcooking real wholesome food is dying as more and morefast food, processed food and convenience food takeshold of us. Those people with children also have agreat opportunity to teach them about cooking, eatingand creating food that will be of value to them asthey get older.As for what i am eating at the weekend well i am atwork on nights all weekend so it is a case of pastaand rice dishes with a mixture of veg just made up asi see fit when cooking (all organic, when fundsdictate).bye,

Guest guest

HI Andi

I do agree. The money is important to the veggie restaurants, and it is

nice to be able to sit back knowing that your food will be good.

I like pasta dishes - they are usually quick and tasty. I still haven't

decided what to have tonight, but it was rice last night so maybe something

with potatotes and steamed veggies tonight - I'll have to give it some

thought.

Jo

-

" Andi " <andi_cheese

Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:17 PM

>

> First post here although i have been sitting on the

> sidelines for a while. Eating out is a major issue for

> me as a vegan.I will only eat at a veggie place as i

> do not want my money going to a place that serves up

> meat. There is the argument of putting pressure on the

> place to provide good vegan meals but in " my opinion "

> that is just not good enough. The real pressure is on

> the small veggie place trying to stay open while all

> the vegetarians and vegans opt to go to a place that

> has one or two vegan meals on the menu.

>

> Going to a restaurant that has meat on the menu is

> giving them your consent it is OK to do this as long

> as you provide a vegan option. Most places are in

> business to make money so getting the extra 10% of

> veggies through your door makes economic sense.

>

> If there are no veggie places around then i cook as it

> great to create cheap nutritious meals. The art of

> cooking real wholesome food is dying as more and more

> fast food, processed food and convenience food takes

> hold of us. Those people with children also have a

> great opportunity to teach them about cooking, eating

> and creating food that will be of value to them as

> they get older.

>

> As for what i am eating at the weekend well i am at

> work on nights all weekend so it is a case of pasta

> and rice dishes with a mixture of veg just made up as

> i see fit when cooking (all organic, when funds

> dictate).

>

> bye,

>

> --- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

> > Eating out is just a thing of the past for me at the

> > moment as have two kids, two indoor cats, lost count

> > of how many outdoor cats, and have just inherited

> > the wifes failed business debts. So giving the kids

> > some sort of decent existance is priority at moment.

> > Managed to blag a tidy meal off my mother today and

> > yesterday, and got three for the freezer too!,

> > chuffed to beans or what!

> >

> > The Valley Vegan.......

Guest guest

Hi lynda,

as a little girl in the 70's I grew up in Dominican Republic,

There was this one particular old lady, who was the Midwife of the

entire town.

since people were poor, they went to her(she only charged about

ten bucks, sometimes free). My mom was born with her, and she had

been a midwife since the 1930's.

She had a million recipes, and a million homeopathy herbal teas in

her head. She was like the " doctor " of the town.

There were others like her, but she had the record of the most live

births. " no kid ever died with me " she would say.

this is how she made her living and people just did what she said.

(even grown men, the way she was respected made an impression on me)

Not all of it made sense of course.

When she died at 96 in the 1993, Her funeral when on for miles and

miles, nobody went to work that day, for their " mother " had died.

When I was a little girl, I really thought that she had mystical

powers, even though she wasn't physically beautiful. Her name was

MaMa fica.

of course, i'ts not like that anymore, due to modernization and

development, people now use doctors more in that town.

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> Where do you live/come from?

>

> Lynda

> -

> anouk sickler

>

>someone trivializes my job. Where I come from Mothers and

Motherhood is worshipped and we are Goddesses.

Guest guest

I'm sorry.

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> Naughty, naughty, you took things out of context.

>

> My response of " just adopt one " was in regards to whether women

should be forced to have children simply because the man they met and

feel in love with insisted on having children. There are far too

many children out there that need a loving home, so " just adopt

one. " I do believe that would be being a parent.

>

> And, it seems to me that Eleanor Roosevelt or someone said " no one

can make you feel bad unless you allow them to " or something like

that.

>

> I certainly hope no one gets kicked off the list for expressing

themselves. Geez, I'd be in big trouble %-{

>

> Lynda

> -

> anouk sickler

>

> Also, now that I'm being honest, I know that the

conversation is over, but I really didn't like it when Fraggle

called us people who have kids " breeders " . Fraggle, If It weren't

for a couple of breeders, you wouldn't be here. I really took this

personal, because I love my children.

> and Lynda who told Jo, " just adopt one then!!

> you guys act like kids are a foreing species, Weren't we all

kids once. This world could certainly use more of their innocense

and purity.

> If people with kids are made to feel bad for having them on this

board, then this group should be called the No " Parents " Allowed

Vegan Chat group. I certainly don't feel like I could talk about my

Vegan kids here.

>

> I will probably get kicked out of this group for expressing

myself this way, but I'm being honest and I least I got it out of my

system.

>

> good luck

> -anouk

> -

> serene (Sandra Vannoy)

>

> 3/11/2005 5:06:42 PM

>

>

> fraggle wrote:

>

>

> >game night?

> >can i be a 16th level elven paladin/thief/cleric with a + 15

Vorpal sword?

>

>

> Carin says " If he rolls it. He won't. "

>

> We usually play board games, but we're open to anything people

bring

> with them. James is looking to start an RPG in the future, too.

>

> serene

> --

> " A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead

liberals. "

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

Guest guest

I understand your frustration.

My cousin came over for a week one time,

I thought she had a lovely time, but later I found out that she had

complained to everyone she could about how annoying it was to be with

vegetarians.

She told other family members, ( who later told me), about how it

took us two hours to look for a restaurant, and how we read every

label and had to read and inspect every Menu, and how everything was

a problem.

these are things I do naturally and never thought they would bother

her. of course It is very easy for her to eat, She can go to any

restaurant, anywhere, anytime.

, Andi <andi_cheese> wrote:

> First post here although i have been sitting on the

> sidelines for a while. Eating out is a major issue for

> me as a vegan.I will only eat at a veggie place as i

> do not want my money going to a place that serves up

> meat. There is the argument of putting pressure on the

> place to provide good vegan meals but in " my opinion "

> that is just not good enough. The real pressure is on

> the small veggie place trying to stay open while all

> the vegetarians and vegans opt to go to a place that

> has one or two vegan meals on the menu.

>

> Going to a restaurant that has meat on the menu is

> giving them your consent it is OK to do this as long

> as you provide a vegan option. Most places are in

> business to make money so getting the extra 10% of

> veggies through your door makes economic sense.

>

> If there are no veggie places around then i cook as it

> great to create cheap nutritious meals. The art of

> cooking real wholesome food is dying as more and more

> fast food, processed food and convenience food takes

> hold of us. Those people with children also have a

> great opportunity to teach them about cooking, eating

> and creating food that will be of value to them as

> they get older.

>

> As for what i am eating at the weekend well i am at

> work on nights all weekend so it is a case of pasta

> and rice dishes with a mixture of veg just made up as

> i see fit when cooking (all organic, when funds

> dictate).

>

> bye,

>

> --- peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> > Eating out is just a thing of the past for me at the

> > moment as have two kids, two indoor cats, lost count

> > of how many outdoor cats, and have just inherited

> > the wifes failed business debts. So giving the kids

> > some sort of decent existance is priority at moment.

> > Managed to blag a tidy meal off my mother today and

> > yesterday, and got three for the freezer too!,

> > chuffed to beans or what!

> >

> > The Valley Vegan.......

> >

> > Jo Cwazy <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> > Okely dokely! I've said all my thoughts so no point

> > in repeating them.

> >

> > What's everyone planning for meals over the weekend?

> > Maybe that's not such a good choice as I haven't

> > planned any yet, but I'll have a think about it and

> > let you know. I don't reckon it'll be anything too

> > exciting though. We may eat out tomorrow if we are

> > shopping, so that will save cooking one meal.

> >

> > BB

> > Jo

> > -

> > fraggle

> >

> > Friday, March 11, 2005 3:48 PM

> > Re: Re: Intro and Question

> >

> >

> > happens all the time Jo..happens all the time...

> >

> > can i ask that we happily skip away from this topic

> > fer a bit?

> > new topic

> > quick!

> > ummmm...

> > damn...can't think of anything

> > pooburgers....

> >

> >

> >

> > heartwerk

> > Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM

> >

> > Re: Intro and Question

> >

> >

> > I don't know anyone who has been forced into having

> > children. I know

> > someone who was mentally forced into having an

> > abortion because her

> > husband didn't want to have the child that he had

> > created.

> >

> > I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think

> > it is a form of

> > denial.

> >

> > Jo

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to

> > -

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to

> > -

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

I have two boys,

ages two and six, I still brestfeed the two yearold.

i am finding out how hard it is to be a lttle vegan boy in this

world.

for example, last week.

His school, as part of a reading celebration had a DR Seuss day.

kids, wore crazy clothes on that day, and their name got changed to

characters in books.

However, in the cafeteria for lunch, they served green eggs and

ham.

It was Green eggs (green food coloring and Green Ham (food coloring)

of course he didn't participate in this, and the other kids kept

forcing/teasing him to eat it. He was the only one that didn't eat

it.

The week before, for science lab, they had built a device that was

like a " space capsule " in which they drop an egg from six feet and

the egg was not suppose to break. The school provide the eggs, and

he tells me the kids had fun practicing on not breaking/breaking the

eggs.

When the Tsunami and Hurracaines hit, the school asked each child to

donate money for a package of relief of food. The items in the

package where very meat related, we declined.

For Thanksgiving they had a special " family dinner " where parents

where invited into the classroom to say thanks together. Guess what

everyone was served? Those turkeys must've not tasted so good,

because I saw all the kids trow the turkeys in the garbage and go for

the cupcakes.

and so on and so forth....such is the life. I say homeschool!

, " Jo Cwazy " <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> Hi Anouk

>

>

>

> Firstly, you will not be thrown off the list for stating your point

of view in a polite manner, which you have done.

>

>

>

> I understand that this is upsetting to parents - I am a parent.

>

> There are some members who are against having children and have

expressed their view.

>

> Officially, this group is not anti-children or people who have

them. I know for a fact that we are lucky enough to have some

children who read the group emails.

>

>

>

> Everyone may feel free to mention/discuss their children, and I

would enjoy hearing about them. From time to time I mention my own

children.

>

>

>

> How many children do you have Anouk, and how old are they? I have

two children, Peter, and my daughter, Laura, who is 33.

>

>

>

> Jo

>

>

>

>

> Also, now that I'm being honest, I know that the

conversation is over, but I really didn't like it when Fraggle

called us people who have kids " breeders " . Fraggle, If It weren't

for a couple of breeders, you wouldn't be here. I really took this

personal, because I love my children.

> and Lynda who told Jo, " just adopt one then!!

> you guys act like kids are a foreing species, Weren't we all

kids once. This world could certainly use more of their innocense

and purity.

> If people with kids are made to feel bad for having them on this

board, then this group should be called the No " Parents " Allowed

Vegan Chat group. I certainly don't feel like I could talk about my

Vegan kids here.

>

> I will probably get kicked out of this group for expressing

myself this way, but I'm being honest and I least I got it out of my

system.

>

> good luck

> -anouk

> -

> serene (Sandra Vannoy)

>

> 3/11/2005 5:06:42 PM

>

>

> fraggle wrote:

>

>

> >game night?

> >can i be a 16th level elven paladin/thief/cleric with a + 15

Vorpal sword?

>

>

> Carin says " If he rolls it. He won't. "

>

> We usually play board games, but we're open to anything people

bring

> with them. James is looking to start an RPG in the future, too.

>

> serene

> --

> " A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead

liberals. "

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

Guest guest

We homeschool and have for decades. Best thing in the world! Well, to be accurate, we unschool.

And, for those diehard p.s'rs, no, socialization is not a problem, nor is math or history or science.

Lynda, whose kidlets have had no problem getting into some great colleges including being accepted at a university in Scotland!

-

Anouk Sickler

Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:12 PM

Re: Intro and Question

I have two boys,ages two and six, I still brestfeed the two yearold. i am finding out how hard it is to be a lttle vegan boy in this world. for example, last week. His school, as part of a reading celebration had a DR Seuss day. kids, wore crazy clothes on that day, and their name got changed to characters in books. However, in the cafeteria for lunch, they served green eggs and ham. It was Green eggs (green food coloring and Green Ham (food coloring) of course he didn't participate in this, and the other kids kept forcing/teasing him to eat it. He was the only one that didn't eat it. The week before, for science lab, they had built a device that was like a "space capsule" in which they drop an egg from six feet and the egg was not suppose to break. The school provide the eggs, and he tells me the kids had fun practicing on not breaking/breaking the eggs. When the Tsunami and Hurracaines hit, the school asked each child to donate money for a package of relief of food. The items in the package where very meat related, we declined.For Thanksgiving they had a special "family dinner" where parents where invited into the classroom to say thanks together. Guess what everyone was served? Those turkeys must've not tasted so good, because I saw all the kids trow the turkeys in the garbage and go for the cupcakes. and so on and so forth....such is the life. I say homeschool! , "Jo Cwazy" <heartwork@c...> wrote:> Hi Anouk> > > > Firstly, you will not be thrown off the list for stating your point of view in a polite manner, which you have done.> > > > I understand that this is upsetting to parents - I am a parent. > > There are some members who are against having children and have expressed their view.> > Officially, this group is not anti-children or people who have them. I know for a fact that we are lucky enough to have some children who read the group emails.> > > > Everyone may feel free to mention/discuss their children, and I would enjoy hearing about them. From time to time I mention my own children. > > > > How many children do you have Anouk, and how old are they? I have two children, Peter, and my daughter, Laura, who is 33. > > > > Jo> > > > > Also, now that I'm being honest, I know that the conversation is over, but I really didn't like it when Fraggle called us people who have kids "breeders" . Fraggle, If It weren't for a couple of breeders, you wouldn't be here. I really took this personal, because I love my children. > and Lynda who told Jo, "just adopt one then!!> you guys act like kids are a foreing species, Weren't we all kids once. This world could certainly use more of their innocense and purity. > If people with kids are made to feel bad for having them on this board, then this group should be called the No "Parents" Allowed Vegan Chat group. I certainly don't feel like I could talk about my Vegan kids here. > > I will probably get kicked out of this group for expressing myself this way, but I'm being honest and I least I got it out of my system. > > good luck > -anouk> - > serene (Sandra Vannoy) > > 3/11/2005 5:06:42 PM > Re: Re: Intro and Question> > > fraggle wrote:> > > >game night?> >can i be a 16th level elven paladin/thief/cleric with a + 15 Vorpal sword?> > > Carin says "If he rolls it. He won't."> > We usually play board games, but we're open to anything people bring > with them. James is looking to start an RPG in the future, too.> > serene> -- > "A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals." > -- The Holy Church of Happy Good Times> > > To send an email to - > > > > > > To send an email to - > > >

Guest guest

It is a shame that this happens, especially as it is more difficult for

children to say no to the people in charge of them, and for them to find

other food while out. It has taken me three years to get vegetarian food

supplied for meetings/events at work. Now there is plenty of vegetarian

food, but the concept of vegan food is still difficult for them, other than

fruit. They will, however, provide vegan food if you give them advance

warning, and tell them what you don't eat.

Jo

>

>

> I have two boys,

>

> ages two and six, I still brestfeed the two yearold.

>

> i am finding out how hard it is to be a lttle vegan boy in this

> world.

> for example, last week.

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

> She told other family members, ( who later told me), about how it

> took us two hours to look for a restaurant, and how we read every

> label and had to read and inspect every Menu, and how everything was

> a problem.

I can understand that might be frustrating... but I find it frustrating that

some people just don't seem to care what they put into their bodies. It