> peanuts (peanut butter has a ton of protein), soymilk, etc. most vegans (who

lead

> a healthy lifestyle- not rely on pasta all day long) get sufficient amounts

> of protein. and if people want to worry about vitamins you get calcium from

> lots of places. orange juice and soy milk are now almost always fortified

with

> calcium. but it is a good idea to take a multi vitamin (make sure it doesnt

> have geletin in it- trader joes makes a vegan one) and since your a female

> taking a calcium supplement wouldnt be a bad idea becuase of osteroperosis.

>

> heart,

> jen.

Guest guest

grow your own organic carrots then when they are ready

pick them, brush off the excess dirt and eat one or two a without

washing them, you will get all the b12 you need for a whole month or more.

the supplements for b12 mostly are from animal source

Spirulina is a good way to supplement for b12.

hope this helps

all the best

Craig

apprendsvegan [tarasch7]Tuesday, July 20, 2004 10:03 AM Subject: Re: IntroductionWent to the AR2004 conference, and listened to vegan MD Micheal Greger- he refered to a recent study on vegan's nutrition. Seems us vegans are not getting enough B12 (I know this is *soooo* commen vegan knowledge) and that we should along with eating a proper diet, be always supplementing with B12. I found this study interesting, considering I was getting my B12 nutrition info from a well know vegan nutrition book. Catch is, the book is very outdated (medically speaking)!Just thought I'd share, I wouldn't want anyone to end up with nerve damage!! :(xoTara , xjenisveganx@a... wrote:> > > In a message dated 7/19/2004 5:23:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, > cgadarian@a... writes:> > Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.> > I just came from my endocrinologist who has treated me for a thyroid > disorder. I see her every year. I told her that, and I quote, "For the first time > in my life, since I was 6 years old, I am losing weight, not hungry, > satisfied, and happy with a Vegan diet/lifestyle. She said, and I quote, "What about > protein!?? You can't just eat rice and potatoes and starch!! Where do you > get your protein??"> > For the life of me, I could not remember where I get my protein from. I > think it is soy products, but what do I know? However, I think I resented being > made to feel like I had to defend myself. So I did not answer her. Nyah > Nyah Nyah.> > Where do we get protein from? Am I supposed to worry about this??? I think > I need to go lay down or something. At any rate, it WAS reassuring to know > that these doctors is crazyyyy.> > Cynthia> > > > you get protein from everywhere. fake meat has a TON of protien. tofu, > peanuts (peanut butter has a ton of protein), soymilk, etc. most vegans (who lead > a healthy lifestyle- not rely on pasta all day long) get sufficient amounts > of protein. and if people want to worry about vitamins you get calcium from > lots of places. orange juice and soy milk are now almost always fortified with > calcium. but it is a good idea to take a multi vitamin (make sure it doesnt > have geletin in it- trader joes makes a vegan one) and since your a female > taking a calcium supplement wouldnt be a bad idea becuase of osteroperosis. > > heart,> jen.To send an email to -

Guest guest

almost all veggies have some protein

xjenisveganx [xjenisveganx]Tuesday, July 20, 2004 8:37 AM Subject: Re: Re: Introduction

In a message dated 7/19/2004 5:23:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, cgadarian writes:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I just came from my endocrinologist who has treated me for a thyroid disorder. I see her every year. I told her that, and I quote, "For the first time in my life, since I was 6 years old, I am losing weight, not hungry, satisfied, and happy with a Vegan diet/lifestyle. She said, and I quote, "What about protein!?? You can't just eat rice and potatoes and starch!! Where do you get your protein??"

For the life of me, I could not remember where I get my protein from. I think it is soy products, but what do I know? However, I think I resented being made to feel like I had to defend myself. So I did not answer her. Nyah Nyah Nyah.

Where do we get protein from? Am I supposed to worry about this??? I think I need to go lay down or something. At any rate, it WAS reassuring to know that these doctors is crazyyyy.

Cynthia

you get protein from everywhere. fake meat has a TON of protien. tofu, peanuts (peanut butter has a ton of protein), soymilk, etc. most vegans (who lead a healthy lifestyle- not rely on pasta all day long) get sufficient amounts of protein. and if people want to worry about vitamins you get calcium from lots of places. orange juice and soy milk are now almost always fortified with calcium. but it is a good idea to take a multi vitamin (make sure it doesn't have gelatine in it- trader Joes makes a vegan one) and since your a female taking a calcium supplement wouldn't be a bad idea because of osteoporosis.

heart,jen.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone.

Of course I get the primary part of my protein from different soy products such as "fake meat", tofu, soymilk products, soy pudding, etc.. And I know about the B12 thing - I tried Vegemite and Marmite and frankly was not "she-woman" enough to take it, so it was off to the supplement counter.

Cynthia

-

xjenisveganx

Monday, July 19, 2004 8:37 PM

Re: Re: Introduction

In a message dated 7/19/2004 5:23:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, cgadarian writes:

I just came from my endocrinologist who has treated me for a thyroid disorder. I see her every year. I told her that, and I quote, "For the first time in my life, since I was 6 years old, I am losing weight, not hungry, satisfied, and happy with a Vegan diet/lifestyle. She said, and I quote, "What about protein!?? You can't just eat rice and potatoes and starch!! Where do you get your protein??"

For the life of me, I could not remember where I get my protein from. I think it is soy products, but what do I know? However, I think I resented being made to feel like I had to defend myself. So I did not answer her. Nyah Nyah Nyah.

Where do we get protein from? Am I supposed to worry about this??? I think I need to go lay down or something. At any rate, it WAS reassuring to know that these doctors is crazyyyy.

Cynthia

you get protein from everywhere. fake meat has a TON of protien. tofu, peanuts (peanut butter has a ton of protein), soymilk, etc. most vegans (who lead a healthy lifestyle- not rely on pasta all day long) get sufficient amounts of protein. and if people want to worry about vitamins you get calcium from lots of places. orange juice and soy milk are now almost always fortified with calcium. but it is a good idea to take a multi vitamin (make sure it doesnt have geletin in it- trader joes makes a vegan one) and since your a female taking a calcium supplement wouldnt be a bad idea becuase of osteroperosis.

Guest guest

Hi Cynthia

Protein from soy and other beans, lentils, seeds, nuts - and rice has a fair amount too. Every food item has protein and vegans get plenty of protein as long as they are eating enough calories. You could always mention that too much animal protein robs the bones of their calcium.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Jo

-

xjenisveganx

Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:37 AM

Re: Re: Introduction

Cynthia

you get protein from everywhere. fake meat has a TON of protien. tofu, peanuts (peanut butter has a ton of protein), soymilk, etc. most vegans (who lead a healthy lifestyle- not rely on pasta all day long) get sufficient amounts of protein. and if people want to worry about vitamins you get calcium from lots of places. orange juice and soy milk are now almost always fortified with calcium. but it is a good idea to take a multi vitamin (make sure it doesnt have geletin in it- trader joes makes a vegan one) and since your a female taking a calcium supplement wouldnt be a bad idea becuase of osteroperosis.

Guest guest

Luckily in the UK there are plenty of B12 supplements which are completely vegan. I believe, like most of the vitamin B complex, it is grown on a yeast type fungus.

Jo

-

Craig Dearth

Tuesday, July 20, 2004 3:58 AM

RE: Re: Introduction

grow your own organic carrots then when they are ready

pick them, brush off the excess dirt and eat one or two a without

washing them, you will get all the b12 you need for a whole month or more.

the supplements for b12 mostly are from animal source

Spirulina is a good way to supplement for b12.

hope this helps

all the best

Craig

apprendsvegan [tarasch7]Tuesday, July 20, 2004 10:03 AM Subject: Re: IntroductionWent to the AR2004 conference, and listened to vegan MD Micheal Greger- he refered to a recent study on vegan's nutrition. Seems us vegans are not getting enough B12 (I know this is *soooo* commen vegan knowledge) and that we should along with eating a proper diet, be always supplementing with B12. I found this study interesting, considering I was getting my B12 nutrition info from a well know vegan nutrition book. Catch is, the book is very outdated (medically speaking)!Just thought I'd share, I wouldn't want anyone to end up with nerve damage!! :(xoTara , xjenisveganx@a... wrote:> > > In a message dated 7/19/2004 5:23:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, > cgadarian@a... writes:> > Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.> > I just came from my endocrinologist who has treated me for a thyroid > disorder. I see her every year. I told her that, and I quote, "For the first time > in my life, since I was 6 years old, I am losing weight, not hungry, > satisfied, and happy with a Vegan diet/lifestyle. She said, and I quote, "What about > protein!?? You can't just eat rice and potatoes and starch!! Where do you > get your protein??"> > For the life of me, I could not remember where I get my protein from. I > think it is soy products, but what do I know? However, I think I resented being > made to feel like I had to defend myself. So I did not answer her. Nyah > Nyah Nyah.> > Where do we get protein from? Am I supposed to worry about this??? I think > I need to go lay down or something. At any rate, it WAS reassuring to know > that these doctors is crazyyyy.> > Cynthia> > > > you get protein from everywhere. fake meat has a TON of protien. tofu, > peanuts (peanut butter has a ton of protein), soymilk, etc. most vegans (who lead > a healthy lifestyle- not rely on pasta all day long) get sufficient amounts > of protein. and if people want to worry about vitamins you get calcium from > lots of places. orange juice and soy milk are now almost always fortified with > calcium. but it is a good idea to take a multi vitamin (make sure it doesnt > have geletin in it- trader joes makes a vegan one) and since your a female > taking a calcium supplement wouldnt be a bad idea becuase of osteroperosis. > > heart,> jen.To send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Tara

The knowledge about vitamin B12 and heart disease caused by high

homocysteine levels is relatively new, and many books do not mention it - or

mention that sufficient B12 can be obtained from yeast extract and spirulina

etc. which is now known to not be true. Judging by the newsletters from

Michael Gregor I imagine his talk was interesting.

Jo

-

" apprendsvegan " <tarasch7

Tuesday, July 20, 2004 3:02 AM

Re: Introduction

> Went to the AR2004 conference, and listened to vegan MD Micheal Greger- he

refered to

> a recent study on vegan's nutrition. Seems us vegans are not getting

enough B12 (I know

> this is *soooo* commen vegan knowledge) and that we should along with

eating a proper

> diet, be always supplementing with B12. I found this study interesting,

considering I was

> getting my B12 nutrition info from a well know vegan nutrition book.

Catch is, the book is

> very outdated (medically speaking)!

>

> Just thought I'd share, I wouldn't want anyone to end up with nerve

damage!! :(

> xoTara

>

>

> , xjenisveganx@a... wrote:

> >

> >

> > In a message dated 7/19/2004 5:23:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

> > cgadarian@a... writes:

> >

> > Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

> >

> > I just came from my endocrinologist who has treated me for a thyroid

> > disorder. I see her every year. I told her that, and I quote, " For

the first time

> > in my life, since I was 6 years old, I am losing weight, not hungry,

> > satisfied, and happy with a Vegan diet/lifestyle. She said, and I

quote, " What about

> > protein!?? You can't just eat rice and potatoes and starch!! Where do

you

> > get your protein?? "

> >

> > For the life of me, I could not remember where I get my protein from.

I

> > think it is soy products, but what do I know? However, I think I

resented being

> > made to feel like I had to defend myself. So I did not answer her.

Nyah

> > Nyah Nyah.

> >

> > Where do we get protein from? Am I supposed to worry about this??? I

think

> > I need to go lay down or something. At any rate, it WAS reassuring to

know

> > that these doctors is crazyyyy.

> >

> > Cynthia

> >

> >

> >

> > you get protein from everywhere. fake meat has a TON of protien. tofu,

> > peanuts (peanut butter has a ton of protein), soymilk, etc. most vegans

(who lead

> > a healthy lifestyle- not rely on pasta all day long) get sufficient

amounts

> > of protein. and if people want to worry about vitamins you get calcium

from

> > lots of places. orange juice and soy milk are now almost always

fortified with

> > calcium. but it is a good idea to take a multi vitamin (make sure it

doesnt

> > have geletin in it- trader joes makes a vegan one) and since your a

female

> > taking a calcium supplement wouldnt be a bad idea becuase of

osteroperosis.

> >

> > heart,

> > jen.

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Gotta agree. Vegemite (I have never tried Marmite) is just down-right

disgusting.

, " Cynthia Gadarian "

<cgadarian@a...> wrote:

> Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone.

>

> Of course I get the primary part of my protein from different soy

products such as " fake meat " , tofu, soymilk products, soy pudding,

etc.. And I know about the B12 thing - I tried Vegemite and Marmite

and frankly was not " she-woman " enough to take it, so it was off to

the supplement counter.

>

> Cynthia

Guest guest

I tend to agree on the Marmite/vegemite ( is vegemite vegan ......one for Craig?) issue....yuk! make sure you eat plenty of vitamin enriched soya products, e.g. a large bowl of cereal swimming in soya milk should contain a large proportion of the RDI of B12.

Other things vegans are often told to look at their intake of are iron, ( even though in vegetable form rather than , animal form it is easier ingested), and iodine ( eat some sea vegetables, sea salt or take a supliment ), and calcium ( again back to vegetables and that enriched soya milk ).

The Valley Vegan.Sara <gagrip5 wrote:

Gotta agree. Vegemite (I have never tried Marmite) is just down-right disgusting. , "Cynthia Gadarian" wrote:> Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone.> > Of course I get the primary part of my protein from different soy products such as "fake meat", tofu, soymilk products, soy pudding, etc.. And I know about the B12 thing - I tried Vegemite and Marmite and frankly was not "she-woman" enough to take it, so it was off to the supplement counter.> > Cynthia

Guest guest

Hi Cathleen,

I think I just read my auto biography in your e-mail. I feel the same exact way. I am a vegetarian, (a newbie at that) and want to become vegan. I am noticing more and more how they mis treat these poor animals!! It's just more expensive, as well as difficult. When I go out, with friends (all of my friends LOVE eating meat.) I always end up getting a veggie burger. Even the salads at all the restaurants have at least chicken in it!!! So I guess I'm a part time vegan. Or a vegetarian with good intentions.

I also am with someone that cannot seem to give up meat. He's eating less of it at least but he LOVES cheese and for some reason it bothers me that he consumes sooo much of it. He thinks that just because they don't kill the animal, it's ok. But if you consider the fact that Americans conusme a WHOLE LOTA dairy product, they can't be treating these cows properly! I am a real believer in what I am doing and would love for him to feel the same way, but I am not here to change someone. I am confused as to what to do, because other than that, he really makes me happy."Never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile."

With lots of love,

***PJ***

Mail is new and improved - Check it out!

Guest guest

PJ,

in a perfect world we would all be vegan

if your partner (and yourself have trouble )

try doing it one step at a time

for your partner

stop eating beef

then pork

then chicken

then fish

then dairy

then eggs

then all the really hard stuff the hidden meat stuff additives preserves etc..

the point being goal setting does make it easier

and slip ups are not defeats

once your there you'll never look back

all the best

Craig

PJ [pjsparkles80]Monday, August 02, 2004 9:43 PM Subject: Re: Introduction

Hi Cathleen,

I think I just read my auto biography in your e-mail. I feel the same exact way. I am a vegetarian, (a newbie at that) and want to become vegan. I am noticing more and more how they mis treat these poor animals!! It's just more expensive, as well as difficult. When I go out, with friends (all of my friends LOVE eating meat.) I always end up getting a veggie burger. Even the salads at all the restaurants have at least chicken in it!!! So I guess I'm a part time vegan. Or a vegetarian with good intentions.

I also am with someone that cannot seem to give up meat. He's eating less of it at least but he LOVES cheese and for some reason it bothers me that he consumes sooo much of it. He thinks that just because they don't kill the animal, it's ok. But if you consider the fact that Americans conusme a WHOLE LOTA dairy product, they can't be treating these cows properly! I am a real believer in what I am doing and would love for him to feel the same way, but I am not here to change someone. I am confused as to what to do, because other than that, he really makes me happy.

"Never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile."

With lots of love,

***PJ***

Mail is new and improved - Check it out! To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Craig,

I realize that it's just about taking it one step at a time, but my concern is that my partner doesn't want to even consider becoming a vegetarian, He is stuck on that "I can't give up meat." I was lucky, I read something that impacted me so much that I just don't look at meat as food anymore, I look at it as a murdered animal. My partner is not impacted by it, and feels as if it's just all part of the food chain, and humans are on top of the food chain.

I don't know if certain beliefs should be shared with your partner. Such as this one.

PJ,

in a perfect world we would all be vegan

if your partner (and yourself have trouble )

try doing it one step at a time

for your partner

stop eating beef

then pork

then chicken

then fish

then dairy

then eggs

then all the really hard stuff the hidden meat stuff additives preserves etc..

the point being goal setting does make it easier

and slip ups are not defeats

once your there you'll never look back

all the best

Craig"Never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile."

With lots of love,

***PJ***

New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!

Guest guest

Lorna wrote:

<< He has started losing weight. Thankfully, it is not really a

problem for him because he has always been quite chubby and now he is

walking everywhere (!) >>

That's developmentally appropriate. You'd have to feed him like a sumo

wrestler to keep him from losing fat at this stage. He's getting real

exercise for the first time in his life.

She also asked, regarding spouses & families putting pressure on the

decision for a child to be veg:

<< How do you all handle these situations? >>

I think you and your husband have to come to a clear agreement together

on how you're going to handle the situation. Otherwise, there will be

too many times where you have to make decisions at the spur of the

moment, and it will be harder to explain the consistency of your

reasoning to your child, other people, and yourselves.

Liz

Guest guest

Great to meet you.

My husband and I went raw about 4 months ago - he lost 30+ pounds and I lost 20

pounds. We actually decided to eat this way only for the health benefits and

voila - ending up losing some fat. We have managed to improve our blood

pressure - my husbands' was about 140/95 and it is now 122/72. Much improved -

they wanted so much to get him on medication, I am thankful we did not. I have

attached a food combining chart for your information. It is much of what you

will find in the Fit for Life books. For layman's terms, I would recommend

books by David Wolfe and Paul Nison. They are extremely insightful.

Good look on your health quest!

Take care,

Peechuz_Gone_Raw

-

Princess (of course)

rawfood

September 22, 2004 6:59 AM

[Raw Food] Introduction

Hello all!!! I'm so pleased to have found and joined this

community.

I'm 28 years old, female, living in Ontario, Canada. A recent

convert to vegetarianism (though I'd been leaning towards it for

years). I'm also now dairy-free. Caffiene-free. Sugar-free and

refined carbohydrate-free. I'm now nearing the best shape of my

life, after having been all the way up to 220 lbs back in College,

and having a slew of health problems most of my life including

asthma, depression, chronic yeast infections, chronic constipation,

etc. etc. etc. We all know that list, it just goes on & on...

I'm hoping to meet some of you in a more personal sense, in that I

would LOVE to have a few educated & experienced friends on my

contact list for day to day chat (not necessarily every day) to talk

about food, about health, about different concepts & diseases,

natural remedies, books, etc.

Please feel free to introduce yourself to me if this sounds like

something you might also enjoy. I'm princessblondie2001

Be sure to tell me that you're adding me/messaging me because you

saw my message here, otherwise I likely won't answer or be very

receptive to your efforts, as I use the computer from work, and

avoid ALL random chatters.

I've just finished reading the Fit For Life book by Harvey Diamond.

I have his second book and will be starting that sometime this

evening.

The concepts of food combing & raw foods are very new to me, though

they make perfect sense, and in the month+ that I've been living

this way I've lost more than 10 lbs and feel 100 times better from

the inside out.

I look forward to getting to know all of you & being a contributor

to this wonderful community.

Princess.

Guest guest

Hi, I just joined this group today. I'm going to really enjoy reading

your posts and be able to answer any questions. I've begun the no meat

experience last month. Sometimes I slip up, but I know with my

positive attitude, I'll get back up again.

The reason I've decided to eat this way is because I want to lose a

good amount of weight. I'm learning very gradually from other

vegetarian sites. The information is very helpful. And since my other

family members are meat-eaters, I'm the only one who does not eat

meat. I think I'm going to being a vegetarian, whether my family

thinks I'm crazy or what.

Anyway, my name is Karen, and it'll be a pleasure to get lots of great

recipes and other ideas from all of you. I'm so glad to have found

this group. Thank you very, very much. Be posting soon.

Karen W

Guest guest

Hello and welcome!

I see you said you have kidney

disease, which one is it, if you

don't mind my asking.

I have polycystic kidney disease

myself, which is why I am

a vegetarian! Its really the best

diet for me and my disease.

You will love it here, its

super! Welcome!

Becky

----

11/24/04 02:02:29

Introduction

Hi group

I'm new here.

My name is Louise, from South Australia. I've been a lacto-ovo

vegetarian for about 9 years or so. I hope to share recipes and diet

information.

I have certain dietary requirements, due to a number of illnesses. I

have kidney disease, high blood pressure and osteoporosis (and me

not even 30 yet!!) so I need to ensure I get the right food (which I

don't always do - naughty!!)

I'm not into any of the politics of vegetarianism, but respect those

who are. My husband is a meat eater and I have no qualms with that.

I respect everyone's choices.

My favourite food is Indian, I also like Mexican. My main interest

in life is my dogs.

Regards

Louise

South Australia

DogsBody Hydrobath

aussie_bullbreeds/

www.edba.org.au

Guest guest

Welcome Louise:)

I also have a meat-eater for a husband - but he also does the vegetarian

(I do vegan) thing with me most of the time, which makes things a bit

easier.

While I don't like buying meat and dairy products at all, I agree with

you in that we can't expect everyone else to suddenly change for our

preferences.

I see that you have dogs - what do you have? I have a Pomeranian and a

Chihuahua:) I love them both immeasurably, and often refer to them as

the kids (although I do have three bipeds as well;)

Debra Lee Thompson

Analyst - Mortgage I

First Horizon Home Loans Corporation

debrathompson <debrathompson

Louise [lmfoster]

Wednesday, November 24, 2004 1:02 AM

Introduction

Hi group

I'm new here.

My name is Louise, from South Australia. I've been a lacto-ovo

vegetarian for about 9 years or so. I hope to share recipes and

diet

information.

I have certain dietary requirements, due to a number of

illnesses. I

have kidney disease, high blood pressure and osteoporosis (and

me

not even 30 yet!!) so I need to ensure I get the right food

(which I

don't always do - naughty!!)

I'm not into any of the politics of vegetarianism, but respect

those

who are. My husband is a meat eater and I have no qualms with

that.

I respect everyone's choices.

My favourite food is Indian, I also like Mexican. My main

interest

in life is my dogs.

Regards

Louise

South Australia

DogsBody Hydrobath

aussie_bullbreeds/

www.edba.org.au

Guest guest

Welcome Amy:) (welcome to your cats, too;)

Debra Lee Thompson

Analyst - Mortgage I

First Horizon Home Loans Corporation

debrathompson <debrathompson

Amy P. [aviva_ha]

Wednesday, November 24, 2004 11:02 AM

introduction

Hello, my name is Amy. I am vegetarian curious. I have two cats.

Guest guest

, " WindChimes "

<chimies@e...> wrote:

>

> I see you said you have kidney

> disease, which one is it, if you

> don't mind my asking.

>

You're free to ask - I brought it up in the first place :))

I can't really say what the disease is, 'cause I don't know, though

it's not polycystic - my renal specialist hasn't given a name to my

condition, I don't know if there is one.

All they can tell me is that my kidney function is slow/abnormal,

and getting slower. The specialist doesn't believe I'll be in any

serious problems at this point in time, but will probably go

downhill in 20 years time :((( - that will make me only around 50

years old when I get sick. I just have to keep the blood pressure

under strict control for the time being, otherwise I haven't been

given any advice at all. The problems with my renal function cause

me to get very tired, and I've also suffered gout in my ankle

because of it - extremely painful.

Not sure really what dietary considerations to pay attention to.

I've got loads of information in relation to my osteoporosis, but

not much in relation to the kidneys.

Regards

Louise

South Australia

DogsBody Hydrobath

aussie_bullbreeds/

www.edba.org.au

Guest guest

, " Thompson, Debra lee "

<Debrathompson@f...> wrote:

>

> I also have a meat-eater for a husband - but he also does the

vegetarian

> (I do vegan) thing with me most of the time,

Same with us, hubby doesn't mind veg food at all. In fact, he was

the first one to go vege, and I later followed. He went back to meat

fairly soon, but I never went back.

> While I don't like buying meat and dairy products at all,

I don't buy any meat for human consumption at all. I do buy it for

my dogs, however. Hubby only eats meat when we go out, or if we buy

takeaway. We don't have it at home - too darn expensive on the

grocery bill anyway!! Hubby has no problem with this arrangement.

> I see that you have dogs - what do you have? I have a Pomeranian

and a

> Chihuahua:) I love them both immeasurably,

My dogs are also my babies. I have three bull terriers, a 5 year

old, a 10.5 y.o. (both girls) and a 16 y.o. male. I could never live

without them, though the old boy was very sick this week and spent a

few days in hospital with pancreatitis. He's home now and much

better - and I have the $730 bill to prove it :)) - I have my own

mobile dog grooming business and I love all dogs.

Regards

Louise

South Australia

DogsBody Hydrobath

aussie_bullbreeds/

www.edba.org.au

Guest guest

Hey, why don't we take off list! my email is

chimies. would like to discuss

with ya!!! Just give me a holler and I will respond to

you lightning fast!

Take care,

Becky

----

11/25/04 02:45:12

Re: Introduction

, " WindChimes "

<chimies@e...> wrote:

>

> I see you said you have kidney

> disease, which one is it, if you

> don't mind my asking.

>

You're free to ask - I brought it up in the first place :))

I can't really say what the disease is, 'cause I don't know, though

it's not polycystic - my renal specialist hasn't given a name to my

condition, I don't know if there is one.

All they can tell me is that my kidney function is slow/abnormal,

and getting slower. The specialist doesn't believe I'll be in any

serious problems at this point in time, but will probably go

downhill in 20 years time :((( - that will make me only around 50

years old when I get sick. I just have to keep the blood pressure

under strict control for the time being, otherwise I haven't been

given any advice at all. The problems with my renal function cause

me to get very tired, and I've also suffered gout in my ankle

because of it - extremely painful.

Not sure really what dietary considerations to pay attention to.

I've got loads of information in relation to my osteoporosis, but

not much in relation to the kidneys.

Regards

Louise

South Australia

DogsBody Hydrobath

aussie_bullbreeds/

www.edba.org.au

Guest guest

Louise!!! That's a wondeful idea - I love it! I've never thought

about changing his venue to just having meat when we eat out:) You're

brilliant!!!

Thanks!

Deb

, " Louise " <lmfoster@i...>

wrote:

>

> , " Thompson, Debra lee "

> <Debrathompson@f...> wrote:

> >

> > I also have a meat-eater for a husband - but he also does the

> vegetarian

> > (I do vegan) thing with me most of the time,

>

> Same with us, hubby doesn't mind veg food at all. In fact, he was

> the first one to go vege, and I later followed. He went back to

meat

> fairly soon, but I never went back.

>

> > While I don't like buying meat and dairy products at all,

>

> I don't buy any meat for human consumption at all. I do buy it for

> my dogs, however. Hubby only eats meat when we go out, or if we buy

> takeaway. We don't have it at home - too darn expensive on the

> grocery bill anyway!! Hubby has no problem with this arrangement.

>

> > I see that you have dogs - what do you have? I have a Pomeranian

> and a

> > Chihuahua:) I love them both immeasurably,

>

> My dogs are also my babies. I have three bull terriers, a 5 year

> old, a 10.5 y.o. (both girls) and a 16 y.o. male. I could never

live

> without them, though the old boy was very sick this week and spent

a

> few days in hospital with pancreatitis. He's home now and much

> better - and I have the $730 bill to prove it :)) - I have my own

> mobile dog grooming business and I love all dogs.

>

> Regards

> Louise

> South Australia

> DogsBody Hydrobath

> aussie_bullbreeds/

> www.edba.org.au

Guest guest

, " Debra Lee Thompson "

<Debrathompson@f...> wrote:

>

>

> Louise!!! That's a wondeful idea - I love it! I've never thought

> about changing his venue to just having meat when we eat out:)

You're

> brilliant!!!

>

Well, test the idea out on him, see if it works :)). Even though my

husband helps with the housework (well, to a degree), it could be

either one of us that ends up doing the dishes, and I don't think I

would like to wash dishes that were covered in meat remains! No,

other places outside the home are the place for him to enjoy his

meat :))

Regards

Louise

South Australia

DogsBody Hydrobath

aussie_bullbreeds/

www.edba.org.au

Guest guest

We seem to have group participants from all over the

world! Cool!

Please share. Who lives where?

Me:

Jiraph

Chicago, Illiois

USA

=====

" The cat did not respond. She did not believe in paraphrasing anybody. If

people pursued this same feline wisdom, there'd be a lot fewer

misunderstandings. "

From Kinky Friedman's

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

Mail - You care about security. So do we.

Guest guest

Jiraph!

You live in the city of my birth, the city I absolutely love, and will

forever be in love with. I live in a small southwestern Michigan

hamlet, but my heart and soul really reside in Chicago, as well as San

Francisco.

Matthew McCormick

On Nov 28, 2004, at 7:45 AM, Jiraph Wirpel wrote:

>

> We seem to have group participants from all over the

> world!  Cool!

> Please share.  Who lives where?

>

>

> Me:

> Jiraph

> Chicago, Illiois

> USA

>

>

> =====

> " The cat did not respond. She did not believe in paraphrasing

> anybody. If

> people pursued this same feline wisdom, there'd be a lot fewer

> misunderstandings. "  

> From Kinky Friedman's

> Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

>

>

>      

>            

>

>

> Mail - You care about security. So do we.

>

>

>

>

>