IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I use a Tupperware Quick Shake container. And I add just a little liquid to the powder to make a runny paste, and I shake it up until it is all smooth. Then, I add the rest of the liquid and shake again. I have had the best luck with this. You can find the Quick Shake container at tupperware.com. I hope I am not breaking any rules by recommending this! -Lynnalschacht wrote: What are you adding to your blender first, protein powder or liquid? I add the liquid and other ingredients first, then the powder last.. I have never had a protein powder clump the way you are describing. Allison Krista Diego Mar 15, 2007 8:00 AM Re: Re: hello Allison, Thanks for your ideas. I'll try again. I've used a blender, a stick blender and those double beaters on a hand mixer. I always get clumps of mix about the size of mini peas! I'll just keep experimenting because I'd like to have a healthy shake that I could take when visiting relatives when you can't always count on the food

served. Since I'm only on step 3, I've used Slimfast (I'm sure you're all horrified!) because it has 10 grams of protein, and then just bring Triscuits, cheese and veggies. I'm working on finding a replacement for the Slimfast. I only have 4 more cans of it in the refridge. That's what I like about this plan though is that I don't have to be perfect from day one. Krista On Mar 14, 2007, at 7:06 PM, alschacht (AT) earthlink (DOT) net wrote: I've used Naturade whey, Naturade soy free veg, Nutribiotic brown rice powder, George's Jr and George's shake, and I haven't had any problems with clumping, aside from a little bit sticking to the sides of the blender carafe. Are you making your shake in a blender? When I make my George's shake, I pour 1 scoop into the liquid, turn the blender on, and add the second scoop gradually. I didn't have to do that with the others, but George's has oats mixed in so it sticks a bit more. Allison Krista Diego Mar 14, 2007 7:56 AM Re: Re: hello Allison, If you use protein powder in your shake, how do you get it not to clump? I've even bought the ones that claim to be clump free with no success! My trainer told me to get Whey Fruitie which has 26 grams of protein and tastes like lemonade. It clumps so much it's awful. I'd really like to master using protein powder once a day to help with the protein count of at least one meal. Thanks, Krista On Mar 13, 2007, at 8:36 PM, alschacht (AT) earthlink (DOT) net wrote: Krista, I also like to chew my food, but like the convenience of a shake. So I have whole grain toast with peanut butter with my shake. Allison Krista Diego Mar 13, 2007 10:27 AM Re: Re: hello Tina, Thanks for your help. I will try some of your ideas. I can't bring myself to eat the fish or meat however, so that is where your eating habits help with your protein amounts. My 19 year old son was home from college recently and was helping me count protein grams. He munched on his roast beef sandwich on a 10 p gram whole grain roll-up and felt very smug! Getting protein for that

meat lover is easy. I also am not working...so the kitchen is always calling me. After my house sells and we move, I will have a job. That should be better to plan meals by. I've also never been one to drink my meals...always wanting to bite into something...but I will try your shake. People seem to really like using them. Thanks, Krista On Mar 12, 2007, at 6:07 PM, Tina wrote: Hi Krista,I need 24 grams of protein per meal and I try to get that from a variety of protein sources. I normally eat meat or fish once a day so that makes it a lot easier. For dinner I often make a salad. Lately I've been eating a mix of chopped green bell pepper, carrots, buckwheat, beans, hard-boiled egg, sunflower seeds and french dressing. For dessert I may have a handful of almonds or some cottage cheese with fruit. That way I get a sufiicient amount of protein. This is easier done at home but it may be more difficult at work. Do you bring your own lunches to work or do you eat out?What kind of shake are you using? You can get great shake ideas at the breakfast list. I'm using a pure whey protein powder at the moment. I mix it with 2 tbs oatmeal, oatmilk, frozen fruit, a dash of

cinnamon and a tsp of flax seed oil. Blend it with a stick blender... delicious.Hope this

helps...Smiles,Tina , Krista Diego <diegofamily wrote:>> Hi Lynn,> > I was reading what you wrote to Tina about not counting the protein > in breads, etc. I'm having a hard time getting the 25-30 grams of > protein at each meal that Kathleen writes! about in the YLD book. How > do YOU do it if the little bits in all foods eaten aren't counted? > Do you resort to protein powder? (I have never found a way to eat > that...it clumps!) I find that if I eat lentil soup for lunch and

> add brown rice and veggies to it, I'm only getting about 10 grams of > protein. What secret

protein sources do you all eat?!> >

Guest guest

That looks so cool! I didn't know the store had those. I should take some time and snoop around and see what else they have. Thanks for telling us about this. -LynnVal <vjlawren wrote: And the Blender Bottle in the Radiant Recovery store is just about the best <smile>. I have one that I use nearly every day. It's got a little springy ball in the bottom that acts like a whisk.http://www.radiantrecoverystore.com/blenderbottle.htmlAnd, it comes in PURPLE!!! LOL ~Val

Guest guest

I just checked out your site...very nice, lots of info...thanks for

the contribution to the veg community!

Stephanie :)

, " essence_4_real "

<essence_4_real wrote:

> I am LaTara Ham-Ying, owner of Vegan Family Living and a magazine

> publisher. I have been vegan for 5 years, the last two being more

> strict ones than the others.

>

> I enjoy the recipes and look forward to sharing more great recipes

> with each of you.

>

> Keep Your Health Up,

> LaTara Ham-Ying

> Advocate for Healthier Living

> http://www.veganfamilyliving.com

Guest guest

I like it too Latara!!!! Very informative! Thanks!

Sumayyah Simone Photography

<http://www.soomaya.com> www.soomaya.com

By Appointment only

_____

On Behalf Of Stephanie

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 1:48 PM

I just checked out your site...very nice, lots of info...thanks for

the contribution to the veg community!

Stephanie :)

Guest guest

Welcome!! Hope to hear more from you regarding these issues. Would you be offended if I sent you links to other groups you might like to join?? Joanie Stambaugh West Portsmouth, OH E Brockovich <e_brockovich_e wrote: Hi. I wanted to take this opportunity to introducemyself. I'm Erin Brockovich, I'm interested in keeping theenvironmentclean so that we can lead clean, healthy lives. I'msure you'veall heard my story of fighting big business inHinkley. You may or may not have heard that I'm also fightingaplasticanemia, mesothelioma, mold (in my own house!!!), theoil well at Beverly Hills High School, assortedenvironmentaltoxins, clean oceans, clean water, clean air, globalwarming,clean energy, recycling, green living...well, you getthe idea.I have blogs in several places:http://erinbrockovich.townsquareforums.com/http://brockovichblog.com/http://myspace.com/erin_brockovichI'd like the moderators here to let me post alertswhen I putup blogs, or video(I have, so far, one 5 part video posted at youtubeshowing arecent commencement speech at Loyola.)I'd like the moderators to let me post here to let youknowwhen I post an alert or a blog, but I will understandif I getbooted. Anyone who wants to be added as a link to oneofmy pages, please let me know, either by responding to one of my emails or on myspace. It's nice meeting you all, and I hope we are having aneffect on the world.Signed,Erin Brockovich(not Julia Roberts)________You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheckin the all-new Mail Beta.http://advision.webevents./mailbeta/newmail_html.html Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Mail Beta.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

Guest guest

Thank you ladies! I have been MIA because I was preparing for all the

good stuff we have coming to Vegan Family Living.

Currently I am seeking Vegan Recipes to include in the Vegan Family

Recipe Ezine.

The Vegan Family Recipe E-zine is looking for recipe submissions. If

we accept your recipe we will pay you $5. The money will be sent to

you via paypal two weeks after submission.

We are currently looking for summer recipes and special holiday

recipes for Independence Day, Father's Day, and Labor Day.

We only accept 12 recipes per month. Send your recipes to

familyrecipes

Thank You For Your Time!

LaTara Ham-Ying

The Vegan Cooking Coach

http://www.veganfamilyliving.com

, " Sumayyah " <mayaangel

wrote:

>

> I like it too Latara!!!! Very informative! Thanks!

>

>

> Sumayyah Simone Photography

> <http://www.soomaya.com> www.soomaya.com

> 908.222.8178

> By Appointment only

>

> _____

>

>

> On Behalf Of Stephanie

> Tuesday, May 08, 2007 1:48 PM

>

> I just checked out your site...very nice, lots of info...thanks for

> the contribution to the veg community!

> Stephanie :)

>

Guest guest

erin, it is an honour to meet you.

i hope that you get good treatment for your illnesses, and am just so

sorry to hear that you have them.

sama

, E Brockovich

<e_brockovich_e wrote:

>

> Hi. I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce

> myself.

>

> I'm Erin Brockovich, I'm interested in keeping the

> environment

> clean so that we can lead clean, healthy lives. I'm

> sure you've

> all heard my story of fighting big business in

> Hinkley. You

> may or may not have heard that I'm also fighting

> aplastic

> anemia, mesothelioma, mold (in my own house!!!), the

> oil well at Beverly Hills High School, assorted

> environmental

> toxins, clean oceans, clean water, clean air, global

> warming,

> clean energy, recycling, green living...well, you get

> the idea.

>

> I have blogs in several places:

>

> http://erinbrockovich.townsquareforums.com/

> http://brockovichblog.com/

> http://myspace.com/erin_brockovich

>

> I'd like the moderators here to let me post alerts

> when I put

> up blogs, or video

>

> (I have, so far, one 5 part video posted at youtube

> showing a

> recent commencement speech at Loyola.)

>

> I'd like the moderators to let me post here to let you

> know

> when I post an alert or a blog, but I will understand

> if I get

> booted. Anyone who wants to be added as a link to one

> of

> my pages, please let me know, either by responding to

> one of my emails or on myspace.

>

> It's nice meeting you all, and I hope we are having an

>

> effect on the world.

>

> Signed,

> Erin Brockovich

> (not Julia Roberts)

>

>

>

>

>

______________You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck

> in the all-new Mail Beta.

> http://advision.webevents./mailbeta/newmail_html.html

>

Guest guest

Hi, Jack

I lived in Lubbock for many years and even though, outside of

Amarillo, it's the largest city in the panhandle, it's not easy at

all to be vegetarian there. I was vegetarian in the '80s when I

first moved to Lubbock and after a few months mostly out of

frustration with it being so expensive to eat any veggie foods

besides beans and rice, I started eating animal products. Just a

little fish at first and then I wasn't vegetarian in any meaningful

way. I've just in the last year or so gone back to being a

vegetarian and now I'm trying to transition to vegan. It feels so

good to eat clean and healthy all the time again! I'm super

determined never to go back to eating dead animals again!

May the florets be with you

Tonia

, Jack Lindke

<maxium62001 wrote:

>

> Hi, my name is Jack, and like Darcy in rural Alabama, the

Texas Panhandle is not conducive to the vegetarian lifestyle, since

we reside with cattle. I was once a poster child for the Atkins Diet,

which worked well for fifteen years, but every time I would

incorporate other foods, I would balloon; yo-yo, all the way. I'm not

sure that I wish to give up dairy, but after eliminating all meats

and fish from my diet, I was a new person, within a few months. I

also concentrate on low fat. Animal rights played as large a role in

my decision, as did health and wellbeing. Having been a cook, for

over forty years, I am really enjoying my experiments; substitutions

are easy, but low fat ones are a little trickier.

> Bon appetit, to all, Jack

>

>

>

Guest guest

you might want to pick up a book called Animal Ingredients A-Z

you can also look here

http://www.peta.org/mc/factsheet_display.asp?ID=72

vegan-network , " Rebecca Wright "

<veggie938 wrote:

>

> hello everyone. my name is becky and i have been a vegetarian for

> years. after researching factory farming and becoming more aware

of

> environmental issues, i have decided to eliminate all animal

products

> from my diet. i've been vegan now for a week :) my only struggle

is

> understanding ingredients listed on foods. i know there ae

many " code

> names " for meat based ingredients. anyone have any advice or any

> specific ingredients i need to be aware of?

>

>

> thanks so much!

>

Guest guest

hi jane

good for you!

vegetarian to vegan is quite a big change, and it can seem quite

daunting, especially before you get started.

i'd recommend getting a couple of vegan cookbooks and just trying out

some recipes you like the sound of.

there's a wealth of recipes on www.fatfreevegan.com, check it out!

how old are your kids? are they becoming vegan too?

one key for me and my kids was finding a soya milk we all liked the

taste of, especially my younger son who needed something to have on his

cereal in the morning! we tried practically every plant milk on the

market, and by the time we'd done that they were pretty much used to a

variety of milk tastes.

as for cheese, i'd recommend going completely without for a while

before you start tasting vegan cheeses - because they often don't taste

good when your tastebuds are expecting cow cheese!

best wishes from auckland, new zealand

alice

On 20 Feb 2008, at 15:07, mystic_rain_flowers wrote:

> New to the group, wanted to introduce myself..My name is Jane..Im a

> vegetarian. Mother of two..

>

> I am extremely interested in going full vegan. I was wondering if

> anyone could direct me in the direction of a vegan friendly list of

> foods....

>

> I am an avid animal rights activist as well and, Ive realized that

> with eating cheese, drinking milk is contradicting myself so, if

> anyone can help me, I would appreciate it!!!

Guest guest

It was way easier than I thought it would be!!

New to the group, wanted to introduce myself..My name is Jane..Im avegetarian. Mother of two..I am extremely interested in going full vegan. I was wondering ifanyone could direct me in the direction of a vegan friendly list offoods....I am an avid animal rights activist as well and, Ive realized thatwith eating cheese, drinking milk is contradicting myself so, ifanyone can help me, I would appreciate it!!!

Guest guest

hello alice..thanks for responding to me...i have a couple here already and after i posted that message i went to the website and checked some stuff out as well...lots of good stuff on there.....well my son is 61/2 yrs old and my daughter is 7mths :) yes, my son is..my bf eats meat which causes a lot of conflict i love soy milk...i really enjoy rice dream....as for cheese ive had vegan cheese before ive ordered it at restaurants too on pizza and things so, i know what to expect :) thanks again for replying to me :) ahh new zealand i bet its beautiful thereAlice Leonard <alice wrote: hi janegood for you!vegetarian to vegan is quite a big change, and it can seem quite daunting, especially before you get started.i'd recommend getting a couple of vegan

cookbooks and just trying out some recipes you like the sound of.there's a wealth of recipes on www.fatfreevegan.com, check it out!how old are your kids? are they becoming vegan too?one key for me and my kids was finding a soya milk we all liked the taste of, especially my younger son who needed something to have on his cereal in the morning! we tried practically every plant milk on the market, and by the time we'd done that they were pretty much used to a variety of milk tastes.as for cheese, i'd recommend going completely without for a while before you start tasting vegan cheeses - because they often don't taste good when your tastebuds are expecting cow cheese!best wishes from auckland, new zealandaliceOn 20 Feb 2008, at 15:07, mystic_rain_flowers wrote:> New to the group, wanted to introduce myself..My name is Jane..Im a> vegetarian. Mother of two..>> I am extremely

interested in going full vegan. I was wondering if> anyone could direct me in the direction of a vegan friendly list of> foods....>> I am an avid animal rights activist as well and, Ive realized that> with eating cheese, drinking milk is contradicting myself so, if> anyone can help me, I would appreciate it!!!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

yea, some people say if you are determined enough its not that bad its for a greater cause and thats what you focus on and i will do the same!thanks for replying to me :) Janet Coe Hammond <janetcoe wrote: It was

way easier than I thought it would be!! On 20 Feb 2008, at 15:07, mystic_rain_flowers wrote: New to the group, wanted to introduce myself..My name is Jane..Im avegetarian. Mother of two..I am extremely interested in going full vegan. I was wondering ifanyone could direct me in the direction of a vegan friendly list offoods....I am an avid animal rights activist as well and, Ive realized thatwith eating cheese, drinking milk is contradicting myself so,

ifanyone can help me, I would appreciate it!!! Imagination is more important than knowledge....

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

If you weaken, just watch this: http://www.kcra.com/news/15332245/detail.html

They are recalling beef like this is an isolated situation. "downer cows" have been treatedike this for years - its rampant

-

Jane Doe

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:05 PM

Re: Hello

yea, some people say if you are determined enough its not that bad its for a greater cause and thats what you focus on and i will do the same!thanks for replying to me :) Janet Coe Hammond <janetcoe (AT) cox (DOT) net> wrote:

It was way easier than I thought it would be!!

New to the group, wanted to introduce myself..My name is Jane..Im avegetarian. Mother of two..I am extremely interested in going full vegan. I was wondering ifanyone could direct me in the direction of a vegan friendly list offoods....I am an avid animal rights activist as well and, Ive realized thatwith eating cheese, drinking milk is contradicting myself so, ifanyone can help me, I would appreciate it!!!

Imagination is more important than knowledge....

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

o, dont worry i know about it ive been spreading the video all over the place its discusting and unnecessary i really hope it opens peoples eyes.....we arent supposed to be eating them we are supposed to be co habitating with them!Janet Coe Hammond <janetcoe wrote: If you weaken, just watch this: http://www.kcra.com/news/15332245/detail.html They are recalling beef like this is an isolated situation. "downer cows" have been treatedike this for years - its rampant - Jane Doe Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:05 PM Re: Hello yea, some people say if you are determined enough its not that bad its

for a greater cause and thats what you focus on and i will do the same!thanks for replying to me :) Janet Coe Hammond <janetcoe (AT) cox (DOT) net> wrote: It was way easier than I thought it would be!! On 20 Feb 2008, at 15:07, mystic_rain_flowers wrote: New to the group, wanted to introduce myself..My name is Jane..Im avegetarian. Mother of two..I am extremely interested in going full vegan. I was wondering ifanyone could direct me in the direction of a vegan friendly list offoods....I am an avid animal rights activist as well and, Ive realized thatwith eating cheese, drinking milk is contradicting myself so, ifanyone can help me, I would appreciate it!!! Imagination is more important than knowledge.... Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Jane Doe wrote:

> > o, dont worry i

> know about it

>

> ive been spreading the video all over the place

>

> its discusting and unnecessary

>

> i really hope it opens peoples eyes.....we arent supposed to be

> eating them we are supposed to be co habitating with them!

Um, are you sure " cohabitating " is the word you were going for? :-)

Serene

Guest guest

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/janetcoe/?action=view & current=coexist.gif

-

Serene

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:23 PM

Jane Doe wrote:> > o, dont worry i> know about it>> ive been spreading the video all over the place>> its discusting and unnecessary>> i really hope it opens peoples eyes.....we arent supposed to be> eating them we are supposed to be co habitating with them!Um, are you sure "cohabitating" is the word you were going for? :-)Serene

Guest guest

Um, are you sure "cohabitating" is the word you were going for? :-)Serene

sorry, this is what I meant....

-

Janet Coe Hammond

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:32 PM

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/janetcoe/?action=view & current=coexist.gif

-

Serene

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:23 PM

Jane Doe wrote:> > o, dont worry i> know about it>> ive been spreading the video all over the place>> its discusting and unnecessary>> i really hope it opens peoples eyes.....we arent supposed to be> eating them we are supposed to be co habitating with them!Um, are you sure "cohabitating" is the word you were going for? :-)Serene

Guest guest

yea co exist is what i meant i was thinking about habitats when i wrote that..because i was reading an article about how all the construction of new roads is destroying some of the animals habitats so they are forced to be all over the road wondering where their homes went to....i mean i tell people about that all the time but they dont want to hear it...."oh, the roads are needed blah blah blah" Janet Coe Hammond <janetcoe wrote: Um, are you sure "cohabitating" is the word you were going for? :-)Serene sorry, this is what I meant.... - Janet Coe Hammond Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:32 PM Re: Hello

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/janetcoe/?action=view & current=coexist.gif - Serene Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:23 PM Re: Hello Jane Doe wrote:> > o, dont worry i> know

about it>> ive been spreading the video all over the place>> its discusting and unnecessary>> i really hope it opens peoples eyes.....we arent supposed to be> eating them we are supposed to be co habitating with them!Um, are you sure "cohabitating" is the word you were going for? :-)Serene

Guest guest

Hello and welcome Julia!

whats your favourite breakfast?

mosaic

, " juliadelpalacio "

<juliadelpalacio wrote:

>

> Hello,

> My name is Julia and I am just starting with the program. I have

been

> vegan for six months and, when I first decided to change my eating

> habits, I was very surprised to find how easy it was for me to quit

> all animal products, especially considering how much thought

> (obsession?) I give to food.

>

> I am now, as many of you, trying to find enough sources of protein

for

> breakfast, so I really appreciate the suggestions some members of

the

> group have provided for everyone.

>

> I guess I just want to say hello. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and

> confused with all the information, although SARP has cleared my head

> in many different, wonderful ways. I am just relieved to have found

> the book and to be writing this e-mail today. I am taking it one

day,

> one breakfast at a time.

>

> A wonderful day for everyone!

> Julia

>

Guest guest

Hi Julia-

Welcome! I love your approach - one day at a time, one breakfast at a time. What

have you been doing for breakfast thus far? An easy start would definitely be a

vegan protein powder.

Tina

juliadelpalacio

Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:12:40 +0000

Hello

Hello,

My name is Julia and I am just starting with the program. I have been

vegan for six months and, when I first decided to change my eating

habits, I was very surprised to find how easy it was for me to quit

all animal products, especially considering how much thought

(obsession?) I give to food.

I am now, as many of you, trying to find enough sources of protein for

breakfast, so I really appreciate the suggestions some members of the

group have provided for everyone.

I guess I just want to say hello. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and

confused with all the information, although SARP has cleared my head

in many different, wonderful ways. I am just relieved to have found

the book and to be writing this e-mail today. I am taking it one day,

one breakfast at a time.

A wonderful day for everyone!

Julia

Going green? See the top 12 foods to eat organic.

http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164 & ocid=T003MSN51N1653A

Guest guest

Hi Julia-

One good idea is to add the protein powder to your oatmeal. Then it is all in

one and not an enormous amount of food.

Tina

juliadelpalacio

Tue, 22 Apr 2008 02:27:59 +0000

Hello

Hi Tina and Mosaic,

Thank you for your responses. As I am a cereal lover, I have been

having oatmeal for breakfast, combining it sometimes with toast and

peanut butter or soy yogurt. My problem is that I get full very fast

and then I am hungry very soon after. I guess that if I start doing

more " serious breakfasts " to get the protein that I need, like vegan

sausages, vegan turkey breast or tempeh, I would be full for longer.

This is hard, however, since I am conditioned to look for 'sugary'

breakfasts (I eat oatmeal without any sweetener and that has been hard).

I am going to look for the vegan protein powder tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Julia

Express yourself wherever you are. Mobilize!

http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/Landing/Messenger/Default.aspx?Locale=en-US?\

ocid=TAG_APRIL

Guest guest

Julia,

Welcome! I'm glad SARP has been helpful. I love how it's very simple. I'm

glad you're here too!

Jess CO