It is a common practice in many Devi (Shakti) temples

to have sannidhis (altars) for Ganapati, Muruga and

Shiva. She is the Divine Mother. She cherishes

Murugan. (In fact, in some Shakti temples, they

deliberately keep altars for Ganesh and Murugan so

that they can have a calming effect on the Shakti

Deity! Because in some Shakti temples, the Shakti

manifestation is a very fierce one; so worshipping

Her sons there is said to be very conducive).

So, Yes, you can worship Shakti and there will be not

contradiction if you also worship Muruga.

Patricia

--- John Sana <sanajohn2000 wrote:

> Dear Respected Members,

>

> I am interested to know whether one can worship

> shakti alongwith lord muruga?

>

> Sana

>

>

>

> Start your day with - make it your home page

__

Start your day with - make it your home page

http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for a very valid and interesting info regarding my query. I guess a mother is not complete without her children around her. Shakti is mother of muruga and ganesha so worshipping her children will bring a devotee more closer to her.

Thanks once again for providing such an interesting reply.

Regards

Sana

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote:

Dear John,There are a lot of learned members in this group andyou can gain from their replies. Let me share myknowledge with you:It is a common practice in many Devi (Shakti) templesto have sannidhis (altars) for Ganapati, Muruga andShiva. She is the Divine Mother. She cherishesMurugan. (In fact, in some Shakti temples, theydeliberately keep altars for Ganesh and Murugan sothat they can have a calming effect on the ShaktiDeity! Because in some Shakti temples, the Shaktimanifestation is a very fierce one; so worshippingHer sons there is said to be very conducive).So, Yes, you can worship Shakti and there will be notcontradiction if you also worship Muruga.Patricia--- John Sana <sanajohn2000 wrote:> Dear Respected Members,>

> I am interested to know whether one can worship> shakti alongwith lord muruga?> > Sana> > > > Start your day with - make it your home page __Start your day with - make it your home page http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

MURUGA SARANAM

Hello Sana..

When we do mass bhajans worshipping Lord Murugan during the pilgrimage

to Palani, worshipping of Shakthi takes prominent position. In fact it

starts with Prasing and praying to Lord Ganapthy and also Lord Shiva's

hymns are also recited in the bhajan.

MURUGA SARANAM

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 8/29/05, John Sana <sanajohn2000 wrote:

> Dear Respected Members,

>

> I am interested to know whether one can worship shakti alongwith lord

> muruga?

>

> Sana

Guest guest

Dear Mr Meyyappan,

Hello! Thank you for answering my query. For the past few days, I have been bogged down with this doubt in my mind in regard to chanting mantras of shakti alongwith lord murugan's mantras. Now it is cleared.

Regards,

Sana

S Meyyappan <smeyyappan wrote:

MURUGA SARANAMHello Sana..When we do mass bhajans worshipping Lord Murugan during the pilgrimageto Palani, worshipping of Shakthi takes prominent position. In fact itstarts with Prasing and praying to Lord Ganapthy and also Lord Shiva'shymns are also recited in the bhajan.MURUGA SARANAMWith Best RegardsMeyyappan SOn 8/29/05, John Sana <sanajohn2000 wrote:> Dear Respected Members,> > I am interested to know whether one can worship shakti alongwith lord> muruga?> > Sana

Guest guest

Dear GOGATE ji, Ever thing that come in contact with GOD becomes DIVYA (Divine).So the serpent attached to the gods viraat roop is also divine.OK Like you see a garuda, eating flesh is also divine by being vehicle of sri HARI. A mouse does the same for ganesh ji. Secondly in geeta while watching Viraat roop he saw every creature on the earth. that justifies the virrat roop containing all creatures. Third point is , every creature is in its purest form initially but when it comes to the world becomes egoistic, greedy, etc. Then god shows him viraat roop that you are nothing but my pure ANSH. MAMEVANSHO JEEVLOKE JEEVBHOOT SANATAN.Ch 15. Thanx RAJA.Asha Suhas Gogate <suhasha wrote: Respected Sri swamiji, In 11th adhyaya when Arjuna describes the virat roop he mentions,” divyan uragan” meaning “ the divine serpants”.If a serpant irepresents EGO; how is it divine (divyyan)? Can some one please elucidate and clear the doubt? Respectfully at your service, S.G.GOGATEGogate D6/3Salunke Vihar Kondhwa Pune 411022(INDIA) Tele:26853132 Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

protection around

Guest guest

Divine One:

In the 15th verse in 11th Chapter Arjuna says:

pasyAmi devAnstaba deva dehe sravAnstathAbhUtavishessasanghAn

brhmANamIsham kamalAsansthamrushinshcha sarvAnuragAnscha divyAn

In this verse Arjuna sees everything right from the creator (BrahmA) to

destroyer (snakes). All is God. And all is divine (divine). Creation is

divine so also the destruction. The drama is being played which is ever

changing. In Lord evrything is happening and also disappearing. Everything

is Divine.

My Gurudev says " see the Lord as much in friend as in the foe " . Lord is

present in everybody in same way (samam sarvessu bhutessu, tisThantam

parameshwaram (13:28)). It is the ignorance which sees the multitude.

Human life is for God realization. That is the sAdhanA. Serve all and expect

nothing. There is One and only One. Selfless service is only possible when

there is no conception of " self " . And that is Divinity.

humble regards

-m

> " Asha Suhas Gogate " <suhasha

>

>

> (unknown)

>8 Jun 2006 06:22:29 -0000

>

>  Respected Sri swamiji,

>In 11th adhyaya when Arjuna describes the virat roop he mentions,” divyan

>uragan” meaning “ the divine serpants”.

> If a serpant irepresents EGO; how is it divine (divyyan)?

>Can some one please elucidate and clear the doubt?

>

>Respectfully at your service, S.G.GOGATE

>

>

>

>

>Gogate

>D6/3Salunke Vihar

>Kondhwa

>Pune 411022(INDIA)

>Tele:26853132

Guest guest

Nr. Vijayaraghavan: Do You nean "Subhashithani", a set of moral slokas? If so, the book may be available in "Banarisidas Book shop near Vidya Mandir High School, Luz, Mylapore, Chennai 600 004. Krushnaswami K.R.vijayaraghavan p <vijiathreya wrote: Dear Sirs, Will anyone please tell me the availability of book SUBASHITHANGAL - in Sanskrit - Tamil

- Tamil. Don't be flakey. Get Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers

Guest guest

Namaste Vidyaji Happy Sivarathri Very intersting article, Definitely this will clear the doubts of many. Keep posting like these wonderful articles. God bless you. Regards Manjuvidya suresh <vidyansk wrote: dear friends, Today i read an article

about prayers.The article mentiones about why we should pray and how we should pray to god. I am sharing that article with all of you. Vidya Suresh. Why & How to Pray Part 1: What You

Need To Know Many of you, I'm sure, are confused about the underlying philosophy of prayer. Consequently, often your prayers are not answered. Here, I attempt to provide some insights into the success of prayers. To begin with we must understand as to why do we pray? There are basically 12 reasons for prayer: 1. We pray to depend on God for help in distress.2. We pray for asking God for enlightenment.3. We pray for communion with God through single-minded devotion.4. We pray for asking for peace from God when the mind is restless.5. We pray for surrendering ourselves to God completely.6. We pray to God for giving us the ability to comfort others.7. We pray for

thanking God for his blessings.8. We pray for expecting God to decide what is best for us when we are in a dilemma9.. We pray for making friendship with God.10. We pray for melting the mind and ego in silence in God.11. We pray for requesting God to give strength, peace and pure intellect, e.g. Gayatri Mantra. 12. We pray for asking God to purify the heart and make us abide in Him forever. In essence, what the above 12 reasons convey to us is that a prayer has two parts: one is soliciting a favor from the Almighty and the other is surrendering ourselves to His will. While the first part is practiced by most of us on a daily basis, the second part is the real and ultimate goal because it implies dedication. Dedication means feeling the light of God within your heart. If your heart is devoid of divine light, you

will not be happy, cheerful and successful in your lives. Remember, your success depends on the inward state of your mind. Your mind will create hindrance in your work if it is not in communion with God because He alone is the permanent abode of peace. Yes, I agree that most of us want to have riches, healthy lives, nice children and prosperous future. But if we always approached God with a begging attitude then we are treating Him as our bearer to supply the things required by us at once. This is no devotion to God but devotion to our own selfish desires. Next Page > How Should You Pray? > Page 1, 2 How to Pray The scriptures indicate that there are seven (7) techniques of successful prayer: 1. When you pray just talk to God as a little boy would to a father or mother whom he loves and with whom he feels in harmony. Tell Him everything that is on your mind and in your heart. 2. Talk to God in simple

everyday speech. He understands every language. It is not necessary to use an exaggerated formal speech. You would not talk to your father or mother that way, would you? God is your heavenly father (or mother). Why should you be formal to Him or Her? This will make your relationship with Him more natural. 3. Tell God what you want. You might as well be factual. You want something. Tell Him about it. Tell Him you would like to have it if He thinks it is good for you. But also say and mean it that you will leave it to Him to decide and you will accept His decision as best for you. If you do this regularly it will bring to you what you ought to have, and thus fulfill your own destiny. It will be possible for God to give you things that you should have-wonderful things. It is really unfortunate, the marvelous things we miss, things God wants to give us and cannot because we insist upon something

else, something only a fraction as fine as He wants to give us. 4. Practice praying as many times during the day as possible. For example, when you are driving your car, instead of the aimless thoughts that go through your mind, talk to God as you drive. If you have a companion in the front seat, you would talk to him or her. Would you not? Then, imagine the Lord is there and in fact He is, so just talk to Him about everything. If you are waiting for the subway train or bus, have a little chat with Him. Most importantly say little prayer before you go to bed. If it is not possible, get into bed, relax and then pray. God will lull you to a wonderful carefree sleep. 5. It is not always necessary to say words when you pray. Spend a few moments just thinking about Him. Think how good He is, how kind He is and that He is right

by your side guiding and watching over you. 6. Don't always pray for yourself. Try helping others by your prayers. Pray for those who are in trouble or are ill. Whether they are your loved ones or your friends or neighbors, your prayer will profoundly affect them. And... 7. Last but not the least whatever you do, do not make all prayers into the form of begging God for something. The prayer for thanksgiving is much more powerful. Make your prayer consisting of a listing of all the fine things you possess, or all the wonderful things that have happened to you. Name them over, thank God for them and make that your whole prayer. You will find that these prayers of thanksgiving grow. In the final analysis, please do not pray to God to run after you

to satisfy your selfish desires. You are supposed to do your work as efficiently and skillfully as possible. With faith in God and using the above techniques of prayer you will have success in every walk of life. Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox.

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya Nama, Really nice article....very simple to follow for every devotees in their life... Thank you Vidyaji. Manoj Kunniyur Om Namo Narayanaya Nama. Manju ambady <manju_ambady wrote: Namaste Vidyaji Happy Sivarathri Very intersting article, Definitely this will clear the doubts of many. Keep posting like these wonderful articles. God bless you. Regards Manjuvidya suresh <vidyansk (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote: dear friends, Today i read an article about prayers.The article mentiones about why we should pray and how we should pray to god. I am sharing that article with all of you. Vidya Suresh. Why & How to Pray Part 1: What You Need To Know Many of you, I'm sure, are confused about the underlying philosophy of prayer. Consequently, often your prayers are not answered. Here, I attempt to provide some insights into the success of prayers. To begin with we must understand as to why do we pray? There are basically 12 reasons for prayer: 1. We pray to depend on God for help in distress.2. We pray for asking God for enlightenment.3. We pray for communion with God through single-minded devotion.4. We pray for asking for peace from God when the mind is restless.5. We pray for surrendering ourselves to God completely.6. We pray to God for giving us the ability to comfort others.7. We pray for thanking God for his blessings.8. We pray for expecting God to decide what is best for us

when we are in a dilemma9.. We pray for making friendship with God.10. We pray for melting the mind and ego in silence in God.11. We pray for requesting God to give strength, peace and pure intellect, e.g. Gayatri Mantra. 12. We pray for asking God to purify the heart and make us abide in Him forever. In essence, what the above 12 reasons convey to us is that a prayer has two parts: one is soliciting a favor from the Almighty and the other is surrendering ourselves to His will. While the first part is practiced by most of us on a daily basis, the second part is the real and ultimate goal because it implies dedication. Dedication means feeling the light of God within your heart. If your heart is devoid of divine light, you will not be happy, cheerful and successful in your lives. Remember, your success depends on the inward state of your mind. Your mind will create hindrance in your work if it is not in communion with God because He alone is the permanent abode of peace. Yes, I agree that most of us want to have riches, healthy lives, nice children and prosperous future. But if we always approached God with a begging attitude then we are treating Him as our bearer to supply the things required by us at once. This is no devotion to God but devotion to our own selfish desires. Next Page > How Should You Pray? > Page 1, 2 How to Pray The scriptures indicate that there are seven (7) techniques of successful prayer: 1. When you pray just talk to God as a little boy would to a father or mother whom he loves and with whom he feels in harmony. Tell Him everything that is on your mind and in your heart. 2. Talk to God in simple everyday speech. He understands every language. It is not necessary to

use an exaggerated formal speech. You would not talk to your father or mother that way, would you? God is your heavenly father (or mother). Why should you be formal to Him or Her? This will make your relationship with Him more natural. 3. Tell God what you want. You might as well be factual. You want something. Tell Him about it. Tell Him you would like to have it if He thinks it is good for you. But also say and mean it that you will leave it to Him to decide and you will accept His decision as best for you. If you do this regularly it will bring to you what you ought to have, and thus fulfill your own destiny. It will be possible for God to give you things that you should have-wonderful things. It is really unfortunate, the marvelous things we miss, things God wants to give us and cannot because we insist upon something else, something only a fraction as fine as He wants to give

us. 4. Practice praying as many times during the day as possible. For example, when you are driving your car, instead of the aimless thoughts that go through your mind, talk to God as you drive. If you have a companion in the front seat, you would talk to him or her. Would you not? Then, imagine the Lord is there and in fact He is, so just talk to Him about everything. If you are waiting for the subway train or bus, have a little chat with Him. Most importantly say little prayer before you go to bed. If it is not possible, get into bed, relax and then pray. God will lull you to a wonderful carefree sleep. 5. It is not always necessary to say words when you pray. Spend a few moments just thinking about Him. Think how good He is, how kind He is and that He is right by your side guiding and watching over you. 6. Don't always pray for yourself. Try helping others by your prayers. Pray for those who are in trouble or are ill. Whether they are your loved ones or your friends or neighbors, your prayer will profoundly affect them. And... 7. Last but not the least whatever you do, do not make all prayers into the form of begging God for something. The prayer for thanksgiving is much more powerful. Make your prayer consisting of a listing of all the fine things you possess, or all the wonderful things that have happened to you. Name them over, thank God for them and make that your whole prayer. You will find that these prayers of thanksgiving grow. In the final analysis, please do not pray to God to run after you to satisfy your selfish desires. You are supposed to do

your work as efficiently and skillfully as possible. With faith in God and using the above techniques of prayer you will have success in every walk of life. Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how. 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Dear Sree, Have faith in our Guruvayoorappan, pray to him and prayer with sincere devotion is the only answer. He will defenitely help you. With prayers Hari Krishna Guruvayoorappasree revu <sree.revu wrote: I dont know what's the reason, but my mind is get disturbed minute by minute....Please pray for me.... sree.. Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Namaste Sree, Have faith in Guruvayurappan, Just tell unnikanan, that something is bothering and ask him to show you what is troubling you. He wil definitely tell you. Pray from the bottom of your heart. Chant OM NAMO NARAYANAYA Mantra whenever your mind is disturbed. Bhagwan will solve your problem. Dont worry. We will also pray for you. God bless you. with prayers Manjusree revu <sree.revu wrote: I dont know what's the reason, but my mind is get disturbed minute by minute....Please pray for me.... sree.. Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya Dear Sree We will pray for you . Dont worry. Please chant the manthras Om Namo Narayanaya Hare Raama Hare Raama Raama Raama Hare Hare Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare sree revu <sree.revu wrote: I dont know what's the reason, but my mind is get disturbed minute by minute....Please pray for me.... sree.. Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Dear Vidya, Your Post is EXCELLENT. I have a request. PLEASE PLEASE post with a meaningful Subject (such as Why Cows are Sacred) in the Subject Line. such valuable posts - may not receive the attention they truly deserve if they come with subject such as (unknown). Please don't leave the subject line blank when you make your posts!I do request the moderators of this forum to ensure that a meaningful Subject line is inserted for all posts that come to you with a blank subject line.Thanks,-sriramvidya suresh <vidyansk wrote: Dear friends, I read about the sanctity of cows which was mentioned in Mahabharatha ,Anusasana Parva Sections LXXXIII - LXXVII - LXXVI. vidya. Why Cows Are Sacred ? Bhishma said: No sacrifice can be performed without the aid of curds and ghee (clarified butter). The very character of sacrifice which sacrifices have, depends upon ghee. Hence ghee (or, the cow from which it is produced) is regarded as the very root of sacrifice. Cows have been said to be the limbs of sacrifice. They represent sacrifice itself. Without them, there can be no sacrifice. With their milk and the Havi produced therefrom, they uphold all creatures by diverse acts. Cows are

guileless in their behaviour. From them flow sacrifices and Havya and Kavya, and milk and curds and ghee. hence cows are sacred. Afflicted by hunger and thirst, they bear diverse burdens.Cows support the Munis (sages). Among all objects mobile and immobile, the mobile are superior. Among mobile creatures Brahmanas are superior. The sacrifices are all established upon them. It is by sacrifice that Soma (nectar) is got. Sacrifice has been established upon cows. ( For without ghee or clarified butter, which is produced from milk, there can be no sacrifice). The gods become gratified through sacrifices. It is from the cows that the means have flowed of the sustenance of all the worlds. They yield Soma (nectar) in the form of milk. Cows are auspicious and sacred, and grantor of every wish and givers of life. They who make gifts of cows, and who subsist upon theremnants of things offered as libations on the sacred

fire, are regarded, as always performing sacrifices of every kind. Of all kinds of gifts, the gift of cows is applauded as the highest. Cows are the foremost of all things. Themselves sacred, they are the best of cleansers and sanctifiers. People should cherish cows for obtaining prosperity and even peace. Cows are said to represent the highest energy both in this world and the world that is above. There is nothing that is more sacred or sanctifying than cows. One should never feel any repugnance for the urine and the dung of the cow. [Note: The following comments are by the scholar and translator of The Mahabharata Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli: The Rishis (ascetic seers) discovered that the magnetism of the cow is something that is possessed of extraordinary virtues. Give the same kind of food to a cow and to a horse. The horse-dung emits an unhealthy stench, while the cow-dung is an efficacious disinfectant. There can

be little doubt that the urine and dung of the cow possess untold virtues.] Vyasa said: Cows are sacred. They are embodiments of merit. They are high and most efficacious cleansers of all. One should for three days drink the hot urine of the cow.. For the next three days one should drink the hot milk of the cow. Having thus drunk for three days hot milk, one should next drink hot ghee for three days. Having in this way drunk hot ghee for three days, one should subsist for the next three days on air only. Vasishtha said: By bathing in water mixed with cow-dung, people shallbecome sanctified. The deities and men, shall use cow-dung for the purpose of purifying all creatures mobile and immobile. One can sit on dried cow dung. One should never eat the flesh of cows. One should never show any disregard for cows in any way. If evil dreams are seen, men should take the names of cows.

One should never obstruct cows in any way. Cows are the mothers of both the Past and the Future. Cows have become the refuge of the world. It is for this that cows are said to be highly blessed, sacred, and the foremost of all things. It is for this that cows are said to stay at the very head of all creatures. Every morning, people should bow with reverence unto cows. Cows are the best Havi for the deities. The Mantras called Swaha and Vashat are forever established in cows. Sacrifices are established in the cows. Cows constitute the fruit of sacrifices.Cows are the future and the past, andSacrifices rest on them. Morning and evening cows yieldunto the Rishis, Havi for use in Homa (sacred fire ceremony). Cows are always fragrant. The perfume emanated by the exudation of the Amytis agallochum issues out of their bodies.Cows are the great refuge of all creatures. Cows constitute the great source of blessing unto all.

(Swastayana is a ceremony of propitiation, productive of blessing and destructive of misery of every kind). Cows are the source of eternal growth. Cows are sacred. They are the foremost of all things in the world. They are verily the refuge of the universe. They are the mothers of the very deities. They are verily incomparable.Cows are the mothers of the universe.* There is no gift more sacred than the gift of cows. There is no gift thatproduces more blessed merit. Vyasa said: Cows constitute the stay of all creatures.. Cows are therefuge of all creatures. Cows are the embodiment of merit..Cows are sacred and blessed and are sanctifiers of all. One should never, in even one's heart, do an injury to cows. One should, indeed, always confer happiness on them. Living in a pure state, in the midst of cows, one should mentally recite those sacred Mantras that are known by thename of

Gomati, after touching pure water. By doing this, one becomes purified and cleansed. Brahmanas of righteous deeds, who have been cleansed by the knowledge, study of the Vedas, and observance of vows, should, only in the midst of sacred fires or cows or assemblies of Brahmanas, impart unto their disciples a knowledge of the Gomati Mantras which are every way like unto a sacrifice (for the merit they produce). One should observe a fast for three nights for receiving the boon constituted by a knowledge of the import of the Gomati Mantras. The man who is desirous of obtaining a son may obtain one by adoring these Mantras. He who desires the possession of wealth may have his desire gratified by adoring these Mantras. The girl desirous of having a good husband may have her wish fulfilled by the same means. In fact, one may acquire the fruition of every wish one may cherish, by adoring these sacred Mantras. When cows are gratified with

the service one renders them, they are, without doubt, capableof granting the fruition of every wish. Even so, cows arehighly blessed. They are the essential requisites ofsacrifices. They are grantors of every wish. Know thatthere is nothing superior to cows. Cows are endued with the elements of strength and energetic exertion. Cows have in them the elements of wisdom. They are the source of that immortality which sacrifice achieves. They are the refuge of all energy. They are the steps by which earthly prosperity is won. They constitute the eternal course of the universe. They lead to the extension of one's race. Bhishma said: One should not, by imparting a knowledge of this ritual, benefit a person that is not one's disciple or that is not observant of vows or that is bereft of faith or that is possessed of a crooked understanding. Verily, this religion is a mystery, unknown to most people. One that knows

it should not speak of it at every place. There are, in the world, many men that are bereft of faith. There are among men many persons that are mean and that resemble Rakshasas. This religion, if imparted unto them, would lead to evil. It would be productive of equal evil if imparted to such sinful men as have taken shelter in atheism. * ( "Cows are the mothers of the universe." )The human infant is fed breast milk by its human mother for under three years. After weaning, the cow acts as the surrogate mother providing milk for the rest of the human life - through childhood, adult age and old age. Cow is verily the mother of the world. One would be filled with repugnance at the ungrateful idea of killing mother, whether surrogate mother or otherwise.). Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Ashokji

It is a realy nice storyThank u.

Regards,

Sreejith--- On Sun, 30/3/08, Ashok Kumar <ashokkuttitharayil wrote:

Ashok Kumar <ashokkuttitharayil[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] (unknown)guruvayurDate: Sunday, 30 March, 2008, 7:23 PM

!!! OM NAMO NARAYANAYA !!!

Dear All

here's a nice story which i wouldlike to share with all ..

Ashok Kumar

" Four Wives "

There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best. He also loved the 3rd wife very much. He's very proud of her and always wanted to show off her to his friends. However, the merchant is always in great fear that she might run away with some other men. He too, loved his 2nd wife. She is a very considerate person, always patient and in fact is the merchant's confidante. Whenever the merchant faced some problems, he always turned to his 2nd wife and she would always help him out and tide him through difficult times. Now, the merchant's 1st wife is a very loyal partner and has made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he

hardly took notice of her. One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon. He thought of his luxurious life and told himself, "Now I have 4 wives with me. But when I die, I'll be alone. How lonely I'll be!" Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?No way!" replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another word. The answer cut like a sharp knife right into the merchant's heart. The sad merchant then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you so much for all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?No!" replied the 3rd wife. "Life is so good over here! I'm going to remarry when you die!" The merchant's heart sank and turned cold. He then asked the 2nd wife, "I always turned to you for help and you've

always helped me out. Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the 2nd wife. "At the very most, I can only send you to your grave." The answer came like a bolt of thunder and the merchant was devastated. Then a voice called out : "I'll leave with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go." The merchant looked up and there was his first wife. She was so skinny, almost like she suffered from malnutrition. Greatly grieved, the merchant said, "I should have taken much better care of you while I could have !" Moral : Actually, we all have 4 wives in our livesa. The 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll leave us when we die. b. Our 3rd wife ? Our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, they all go to others. c. The 2nd wife is our

family and friends. No matter how close they had been there for us when we're alive, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave. d. The 1st wife is in fact our soul, often neglected in our pursuit of material, wealth and sensual pleasure. Guess what? It is actually the only thing that follows us wherever we go. Perhaps it's a good idea to cultivate and strengthen it now rather than to wait until we're on our deathbed to lament

Special deal for users friends - No Cost. Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !Finding a child like yours itself is a blessing of HIM. His chanting Vishnu Sahasra Namam daily will raise him to a great extent as Lord wishes.May His blessings be showered on your son for his future studies and for maintaining a good health !

Hari Aum !Jayasree Menon On 28/05/2008, Annapoorni Venkatesh <annapoornivenkatesh wrote:

Dear Group Members,

This refers to my e-mail dated 5.5.2008 with a humble request made to the Group members to pray for me for getting the fresh housing loan as well as the balance cheque from the transferee of our existing flat.

I am very happy to inform the members that, with the prayer of the group members and also Guruvayoorappan's grace, I got entire money from the transferee and also HDFC has been sanctioned us a loan of Rs.10,00,000/-. Thank you for praying for me.

I have also mentioned about our annual increment in the office. I am very much delighted to inform that we got the annual increment 3% more than what we get every year. I am very indebted to Sree Guruvayoorappan and the Group members.

Now, I have one more humble request for my elder son, Mast. Krishnan Iyer, who is studying in the 10th standard. He is an average student and having some health problem. He is getting in between fever, cold and cough and therefore he could not attend his class regularly and also he got typhoid thrice. I beg to the group members to pray for him for good education and relief from the illness. I am 100% sure that with the prayers of the Group members, he will get good education and good health. He likes to read Bhagvat Gita, Vishnu Sahasranamam and hearing stories of Krishna.

Thank you all.

(Annapoorni Venkatesh)

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger./download.php

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

Guest guest

Dear Annapoorniji,

I could not read the story of your devotion and Bhagavan's bhakthavatsalyam with out wiping my tears several times. This is exactly what satsangam is and I am sure your story would help to reinforce the faith of so many others too. Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful incident that happened in your life.We need only Bhagavan's kaarunyam.

My humble prayers to Guruvayurappan to shower more and more blessings on you especially the most precious blessing of ananya bhakthi!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Annapoorni Venkatesh <annapoornivenkatesh wrote:

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya :Om Namo Narayanaya :This has happened four years back. I always will think that how can I write my experience. First of all I am not having enough knowledge or capacity to write, please read correctly, if I have made any mistakes and forgive me.

My second son was having cold-cough with breathing problem and also fever very often since at his age one. We have consulted many doctors and they said that, it is Child asthma. We also thought it may be child asthma or any other cough related problems. He had admitted in the hospital due to pneumonia.

We are a all devotee family. Every year we are organizing Ayyappa Pooja sometimes Bhajan also in our house and 50:60 people will attend. In 2004, we have fixed the Ayyappa Pooja on March 20. On the previous day, my son was chanting Swamiye Saranam Ayyappa with beating the Mridangam at that time, his age was 5 and was in good mood. On the pooja day afternoon suddenly, he got the breathing attack and he could not take breath properly and he was crying continuously. Somehow we finished the pooja. The next day when we get up, the glass of the Ayyappa photo has also broken in 'U' type. We thought something is going to happen. Again we had admitted in the hospital due to pneumonia. An M.B.B.S. doctor, after checking he found that he is having a hole in his heart. The same could be cleared only by an open-heart surgery. Then everything was very fast. We have taken him in Bombay Hospital and the M.D. also clarified that he had to take open-heart

surgery. The cost will be approx. Rs. 1.5 lakh, our relatives, friends, many others have supported us by way of contributing monies. Within a week we could collect more than Rs.2 lakhs and have decided for the surgery. The hospital authorities were saying that presently there is no bed available, when it will ready, they will call us. I have applied for four months leave and one month have already passed, but no call from the hospital. Everytime they used to say that whenever the bed available, they will call us, but there were no response. I was very afraid that again the breathing attack should not come.

It was on Thursday, 6th May, 2004, I went to the Ponnu Guruvayoorappan temple in Dombivili at 10'0 clock and I got the deeparadhana and sanghutheertham and all. I cried in front of him and prayed for speedy call from the hospital. After return from the temple, we were just for lunch at 1'o clock, suddenly there is a telephone call from the Hospital asking that we should reach immediately to admit the child before 3'0 clock. I have loudly called Guruvayoorappa, you have heard my voice. Even we have not taken the lunch and run there. We have admitted him, on 10th May, 2004 the operation was fixed at 8'0 clock, but the same has been belayed to 3 hours due to technical problems. The authorities had informed us that there may be possible to postponed to any other date if the problem has not been cleared. The child had not taken a single drop of water since the previous night 12'0 clock and he asking for water, coffee, biscuits or anything

else. I cried a lot and ask help of Guruvayoorappan's. Somehow I could manage. I was chanting Hari Nama Keerthanam. At 11'0 clock they have taken him to the operation theatre. It was three hours operation. On that day I was chanting, Ramaraksha Stotram, Vishnu Sahasranamam, Hari Nama Keerthanam, etc. till I could see my child as I had full faith on Bhagawan. Lord Guruvayoorappan and Ayyappan heard our pray and helped us. The operation had successfully done and now he is in IIIrd standard. After that he never had breathing problems at all. This incidence, I could not forget. Everything is Guruvayoorappan's grace. My two sons also very much like to visit the temples especially my second son always comes with me. We have got several experiences other than this. Lord Guruvayoorappan will always with each and every one who faith in him.

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA!KRISHNA GURUVAYOORAPPA!!(ANNAPOORNI VENKATESH)Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos./groups/bestof/

Guest guest

Thank you very much Savithriji. I have always read your articles and many other prayers and I have learnt more knowledge and bhakthi from that.

(Annapoorni Venkatesh)

--- On Thu, 29/5/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] (unknown)guruvayur Date: Thursday, 29 May, 2008, 11:02 PM

Dear Annapoorniji,

I could not read the story of your devotion and Bhagavan's bhakthavatsalyam with out wiping my tears several times. This is exactly what satsangam is and I am sure your story would help to reinforce the faith of so many others too. Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful incident that happened in your life.We need only Bhagavan's kaarunyam.

My humble prayers to Guruvayurappan to shower more and more blessings on you especially the most precious blessing of ananya bhakthi!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Annapoorni Venkatesh <annapoornivenkatesh @.co. in> wrote:

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya :Om Namo Narayanaya :This has happened four years back. I always will think that how can I write my experience. First of all I am not having enough knowledge or capacity to write, please read correctly, if I have made any mistakes and forgive me. My second son was having cold-cough with breathing problem and also fever very often since at his age one. We have consulted many doctors and they said that, it is Child asthma. We also thought it may be child asthma or any other cough related problems. He had admitted in the hospital due to pneumonia. We are a all devotee family. Every year we are organizing Ayyappa Pooja sometimes Bhajan also in our house and 50:60 people will attend. In 2004, we have fixed the Ayyappa Pooja on March 20. On the previous day, my son was chanting Swamiye Saranam Ayyappa with beating the Mridangam at that time, his age was 5 and was in good mood. On the pooja day

afternoon suddenly, he got the breathing attack and he could not take breath properly and he was crying continuously. Somehow we finished the pooja. The next day when we get up, the glass of the Ayyappa photo has also broken in 'U' type. We thought something is going to happen. Again we had admitted in the hospital due to pneumonia. An M.B.B.S. doctor, after checking he found that he is having a hole in his heart. The same could be cleared only by an open-heart surgery. Then everything was very fast. We have taken him in Bombay Hospital and the M.D. also clarified that he had to take open-heartsurgery. The cost will be approx. Rs. 1.5 lakh, our relatives, friends, many others have supported us by way of contributing monies. Within a week we could collect more than Rs.2 lakhs and have decided for the surgery. The hospital authorities were saying that presently there is no bed available, when it will ready, they will call us. I have applied for four

months leave and one month have already passed, but no call from the hospital. Everytime they used to say that whenever the bed available, they will call us, but there were no response. I was very afraid that again the breathing attack should not come. It was on Thursday, 6th May, 2004, I went to the Ponnu Guruvayoorappan temple in Dombivili at 10'0 clock and I got the deeparadhana and sanghutheertham and all. I cried in front of him and prayed for speedy call from the hospital. After return from the temple, we were just for lunch at 1'o clock, suddenly there is a telephone call from the Hospital asking that we should reach immediately to admit the child before 3'0 clock. I have loudly called Guruvayoorappa, you have heard my voice. Even we have not taken the lunch and run there. We have admitted him, on 10th May, 2004 the operation was fixed at 8'0 clock, but the same has been belayed to 3 hours due to technical problems. The authorities had

informed us that there may be possible to postponed to any other date if the problem has not been cleared. The child had not taken a single drop of water since the previous night 12'0 clock and he asking for water, coffee, biscuits or anythingelse. I cried a lot and ask help of Guruvayoorappan' s. Somehow I could manage. I was chanting Hari Nama Keerthanam. At 11'0 clock they have taken him to the operation theatre. It was three hours operation. On that day I was chanting, Ramaraksha Stotram, Vishnu Sahasranamam, Hari Nama Keerthanam, etc. till I could see my child as I had full faith on Bhagawan. Lord Guruvayoorappan and Ayyappan heard our pray and helped us. The operation had successfully done and now he is in IIIrd standard. After that he never had breathing problems at all. This incidence, I could not forget. Everything is Guruvayoorappan' s grace. My two sons also very much like to visit the temples especially my second son always comes with

me. We have got several experiences other than this. Lord Guruvayoorappan will always with each and every one who faith in him. OM NAMO NARAYANAYA!KRISHNA GURUVAYOORAPPA! !(ANNAPOORNI VENKATESH)Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos. / groups/bestofyah oo/

Explore your hobbies and interests. Click here to begin.

Guest guest

Dear Rathiji,

Very nice story and purport.

I read somewhere that there is no proxy in the spiritual world. Each one has to advance in the spiritual path by each one's continuous effort. A guru can only guide us. Each individual's approach is different and beauty of Hinduism is that it allows to approach God in any way as we want as long as our effort is sincere.

Regards and rpayers

savitri

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:43 AM, rathi nair <nair_rathi wrote:

QUOTESatisfaction of the mind can be obtained only by taking the mind away from thoughts of sense enjoyment. The more we think of sense enjoyment, the more the mind becomes dissatisfied.- Bhagavad-gita 17.16 purport

Krishna Katha: Doing Sums for the TeacherOnce a landlord appointed a tutor for his son on a monthly salary of fifteen rupees plus a monthly stipend of another fifteen rupees for the tutors maintenance cost. The landlords son was very weak in mathematics, so the tutor would give him a lot of sums to do by himself. In spite of the pupils insisting the tutor to do the sums for him, the tutor would tell him, If I do the sums for you, then you will never learn the methods. Rather, I would like to demonstrate the basic method of solving the sums, or at least I can assist you when you get confused. But youll have to do all your sums for your own practice.

The boy was most inattentive and lazy. He had hardly any interest for learning maths, but he had to engage himself in practising maths with the tutor under pressure from his parents.One day he was loudly talking to his sidekicks so that his tutor could easily overhear him. For me my father has engaged a worthless tutor on a monthly salary of fifteen rupees plus an additional fifteen rupees for his food and clothing - in all thirty rupees a month! And look, I am still doing so many sums for him everyday. Really I cant tolerate this anymore; this strain upon me while spending so much money and still taking the trouble of doing all the sums for him! Why should one pay him any salary when in fact I myself have to do all the sums?

PURPORTMany of us maintain a similar concept that we renounce our family life, we sacrifice a lot in the service of our spiritual master, some of us collect donations and do a lot of multifarious direct and indirect service for the satisfaction of our spiritual master, but what do we gain?

Here we forget that we do such sums for our own benefit alone and by such services, we ourselves are uplifted, not the spiritual master. The spiritual master knows the sums very well and it is only for our own well-being that he is getting the sums done by us. The spiritual master is engaging us in different services for our own satisfaction and welfare in the path of devotion. Those who are averse to their own benefit, only consider such services to be meant for the welfare of the spiritual master, for the temple complex, for the Vaishnavas, for the Lord, and thus foolishly take little interest in them.

Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna

Dear Naliniji

I have this song and can send the same to you duly scanned tomorrow

Humbly

Syamala--- On Sun, 6/22/08, nalini sree <nalinisree_nair wrote:

nalini sree <nalinisree_nair[Guruvayur] (unknown)guruvayur Date: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 3:55 PM

Hare krishna...If any one know full slokam / song of Sri Poontham's Anjana Sreedhara ...kindly send to me.nalinihare krishna

Guest guest

Muraliji,

Kannan will not let us down, sometimes little bit disappointed, but final the things will comeup in rightway that is kannan's leelas.

Hari Om

Ashok

Murali Krishna <emanimuraliguruvayur <guruvayur >Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:44:45 PM[Guruvayur] (unknown)

Hi all,I have been transferred to Hyderabad, my native place, after I joined in Bangalore. I am really happy about it as I can stay with my family now. Guruvayurappa has shown his karuna againThis result (job and transfer) came very soon after I performed Rahu-Ketu pooja at SriKalahasti in AP as I was told I had kalasarpa dosha in my horoscope.Regards,Murali Krishna Emani

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Guest guest

Wish u great times ahead!--- On Sat, 7/26/08, Murali Krishna <emanimurali wrote:Murali Krishna <emanimurali[Guruvayur] (unknown)"guruvayur" <guruvayur >Saturday, July 26, 2008, 5:44 AM

Hi all,I have been transferred to Hyderabad, my native place, after I joined in Bangalore. I am really happy about it as I can stay with my family now. Guruvayurappa has shown his karuna againThis result (job and transfer) came very soon after I performed Rahu-Ketu pooja at SriKalahasti in AP as I was told I had kalasarpa dosha in my horoscope.Regards,Murali Krishna Emani

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Guest guest

Swamin,

the samaupakarma falls on 2nd September 2008.

Dasan,

Chithrakudam Ranganathan.

--- On Thu, 31/7/08, ranganathan Iyengar <rangs_in wrote:

> ranganathan Iyengar <rangs_in

> (unknown)

> andavan

> Thursday, 31 July, 2008, 10:40 AM

> Dear Elders/Friends,

> Can somebody inform the date of Sama Veda Upakarma

> Thanks in advance,

> Regards,

> Tenpirai A.Ranganathan

> +91-9840688833

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on

http://help./l/in//mail/mail/tools/tools-08.html/

Guest guest

Dear Shri Ranganathan Iyengar,

Bharanyasam (otherwise known as ' Prapatti' also) is the formal and conscious acceptance by the individual of the already existing fact that Jeevatma is the property of the Almighty and requesting the Almighty to continue to protect the same. The Acharya endows the Prapatti with the quality of 'non-fail'. Since Prapatti is advised by our Acharyas to be done as soon as possible preceded by Panchasamskaram, it is proved that age does not matter. Any day from the birth is suitable. Further as an earlier Acharya of ours, His Holiness Thenparai Andavan, has advised that as the ritual is confined to the Jeevatma, the Prapatti by a wife independent of the husband is very valid. The above go to show that Prapatti can be done by unmarried females also at any age and also before marriage.

It is good to bear in mind that Prapatti is applicable for all souls in addition to that of humans, viz animals, birds, insects and the others.

The above is my humble understanding. I am praying most humbly to our present Most Revered Andavan that this has his approval.

Adiyen Krishnaswami K.R.--- On Sun, 10/8/08, ranganathan Iyengar <rangs_in wrote:

ranganathan Iyengar <rangs_in (unknown)andavan Date: Sunday, 10 August, 2008, 12:26 PM

Respected Elders,

I think, Bharanyasam can be got done even before anybody's marriage and for samasaranam- yes, particularly for the ladies, this can happen only after the girl's marriage.

Pls. correct me if I am wrong.

Adiyen,

Tenpirai A.Ranganathan

+91-9840688833

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Guest guest

Dear Sevarthis,This is very interesting - more such queries mean that the interest of Sevarthis about Prapatthi is increasing.Adiyen has one caveat here, Prapatthi is usually done after Pancha Samskaram,

So, a Sevarthi requesting HH to perform Prapatthi waits till the Pancha Samskaram is completed by HH for all the Sevarthis that day,There is no convention that Prapatthi can be or has to be done only after Pancha Samskaram,

Also, Prapatthi is the Act of Saranagathi of the soul, We pray to Sriman Narayana to grant us a place at His Lotus Feet in Moksha Samrajya,With His utmost Kaarunyam, He does that by liberating our souls from the never ending cycle of births & deaths,

OR we request Him to take the soul - that was HIS property to start with - back.There is no protocol for the husband's soul to be liberated first & then the wife's soul should follow,Adiyen knows of Prapatthi performed for many wives,

Their husband/s are not yet interested or initiated or informed enough even to think of Pancha Samskaram or Prapatthi,HH has performed Prapatthi for new born babies {girl children} - {one baby had her Prapatthi performed within a week after her arrival but her grand father passed away at the age of 78 without offering Prapatthi!}

Though they will NOT perform Pancha Samskaram for a Kanya Stree,Adiyen is Blessed by HH to put down some " Random Thoughts " in our Asramam Journal Sri Ranganatha Paduka. Prapatthi will appear in November issue as we are still complete Marriages & Tharpanams in September & October issues.

However, some brief points on Prapatthi will be submitted to the Sevarthis in this site separately.Ananthakoti PranamsDaasan RR._______________ On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Krishnaswami K R Rangaswami <koilvenni2200 wrote:

Bharanyasam (otherwise known as ' Prapatti' also) is the formal and conscious acceptance by the individual of the already existing fact that Jeevatma is the property of the Almighty and requesting the Almighty to continue to protect the same. The Acharya endows the Prapatti with the quality of 'non-fail'. Since Prapatti is advised by our Acharyas to be done as soon as possible preceded by Panchasamskaram, it is proved that age does not matter. Any day from the birth is suitable. Further as an earlier Acharya of ours, His Holiness Thenparai Andavan, has advised that as the ritual is confined to the Jeevatma, the Prapatti by a wife independent of the husband is very valid. The above go to show that Prapatti can be done by unmarried females also at any age and also before marriage.

It is good to bear in mind that Prapatti is applicable for all souls in addition to that of humans, viz animals, birds, insects and the others.

The above is my humble understanding. I am praying most humbly to our present Most Revered Andavan that this has his approval.

Adiyen Krishnaswami K.R.--- On Sun, 10/8/08, ranganathan Iyengar <rangs_in wrote:

ranganathan Iyengar <rangs_in (unknown)andavan

Sunday, 10 August, 2008, 12:26 PM

Respected Elders,

I think, Bharanyasam can be got done even before anybody's marriage and for samasaranam- yes, particularly for the ladies, this can happen only after the girl's marriage.

Adiyen,

Tenpirai A.Ranganathan

+91-9840688833

-- Heartfelt thanks & Warmest RegardsRR___________________________R Rajagopal,Partner,ARAVIND LABORATORIES,New No 11, Old No 7,Chakrapani Street,

Chennai 600 033.INDIAPh: 9144 2483 8585 - Office 9144 2249 1971 - Factory 9144 2484 0468 - Fax 9193850 50002 - Mobile, 9194440 57848 - Mobile ___________________________Please visit us at:

http://www.eyetex.com

Guest guest

Dear Sevarthis,A friend called up to say that points 1 & 3 of adiyen's posting are confusing & contradictory. Adiyen will clarify as follows:

Prapatthi is usually done by HH in the Asramam {and by Acharyas' of other Mutts also} after He performs Pancha Samskaram for the Sevarthis praying for the same,

In other words, HH performs the Pancha Samskaram first for a group of Sevarthis,After this is completed, HH takes up Saranagathi,That is the sequence of events in the Asramam {and other Mutts},

Many Sevarthis wanting to perform Saranagathi have to wait,This is what adiyen meant in point 1 of the mail.As far as the individual Sevarthi is concerned, there is no rule that she or he must perform Pancha Samskaram first & then she or he can perform Saranagathi,

In fact, for a Kanya Stree, the reverse sequence is the rule,Either due to her parents' request or on her own initiative, Prapatthi is performed first and then Pancha Samskaram later on only after her marriage,

For the menfolk, they are free to perform Prapatthi first and then Pancha Samskaram, Generally Pancha Samskaram {PS} is done first but that is NOT the rule,

There is a logic here - PS is the essential pre requisite for performing Perumal Aradhanams, Tharpanams, Shraardhams & a host of religious Karmas,Reasonably religious families bring their sons for PS immediately after performing Brahmopadesam,

Others get this done after the boy gets married! Better late than never!! One subject has always intrigued adiyen

during his 40 years of blissful & heavenly experience in the Asramam at the

lotus feet of three great Acharyas; That is the reluctance of many Sevarthis to perform

Prapatthi. They are ready for Pancha

Samskaram {Samasrayanam} but hesitate, hum, hah etc., when the subject of

Prapatthi is raised!! When asked why they hesitate to perform

Prapatthi now, they reply 'not now', 'later on Sir, I am not orthodox enough', 'I

cannot conform as I am a Professional', 'I travel too much due to my profession',

'So I eat out in hotels' or simply 'no, Swamin' etc.,

That is why adiyen planned - with the Niyamanam & Blessings of HH Srimad Andavan - to write in detail about Prapatthi.Sevarthis may kindly wait for further postings in this regard.

Warmest regards & Ananthakoti Pranams.Daasan RR________________________________

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:46 AM, RR <shrirr wrote:

Dear Sevarthis,This is very interesting - more such queries mean that the interest of Sevarthis about Prapatthi is increasing.

Adiyen has one caveat here, Prapatthi is usually done after Pancha Samskaram,

So, a Sevarthi requesting HH to perform Prapatthi waits till the Pancha Samskaram is completed by HH for all the Sevarthis that day,There is no convention that Prapatthi can be or has to be done only after Pancha Samskaram,

Also, Prapatthi is the Act of Saranagathi of the soul, We pray to Sriman Narayana to grant us a place at His Lotus Feet in Moksha Samrajya,With His utmost Kaarunyam, He does that by liberating our souls from the never ending cycle of births & deaths,

OR we request Him to take the soul - that was HIS property to start with - back.There is no protocol for the husband's soul to be liberated first & then the wife's soul should follow,Adiyen knows of Prapatthi performed for many wives,

Their husband/s are not yet interested or initiated or informed enough even to think of Pancha Samskaram or Prapatthi,HH has performed Prapatthi for new born babies {girl children} - {one baby had her Prapatthi performed within a week after her arrival but her grand father passed away at the age of 78 without offering Prapatthi!}

Though they will NOT perform Pancha Samskaram for a Kanya Stree,Adiyen is Blessed by HH to put down some " Random Thoughts " in our Asramam Journal Sri Ranganatha Paduka. Prapatthi will appear in November issue as we are still complete Marriages & Tharpanams in September & October issues.

However, some brief points on Prapatthi will be submitted to the Sevarthis in this site separately.Ananthakoti PranamsDaasan RR._______________

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Krishnaswami K R Rangaswami <koilvenni2200 wrote:

ranganathan Iyengar <rangs_in (unknown)andavan

Sunday, 10 August, 2008, 12:26 PM

Respected Elders,

Adiyen,

Tenpirai A.Ranganathan

+91-9840688833

-- Heartfelt thanks & Warmest RegardsRR___________________________R Rajagopal,Partner,ARAVIND LABORATORIES,New No 11, Old No 7,Chakrapani Street,

Chennai 600 033.INDIAPh: 9144 2483 8585 - Office 9144 2249 1971 - Factory 9144 2484 0468 - Fax 9193850 50002 - Mobile, 9194440 57848 - Mobile ___________________________Please visit us at: