IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Harekrsnaharsha

Does Cranberries cure Kidney failure

Rate this topic

Dear all,

Hari Bol,

I have heard Cranberries heal and cure Kidney failure plz show more light on this if anyone accros the globe has any information on this. One of my best friends kidney has failed and going under dialysis

Hare Krsna

Could you pls tell me about dialysis, how dangerous it is.... or side effects of dialysis ? My mom is also suppose to go for dialysis.

But we are afraid of its side effects.

Which hospitals in Ahmedabad(Gujarat,India) are good for dialysis ?

Rinku

Dear Rinku, Well I do not know which hospital are good for dialysis but infact the side effects are your mom will loose more weight and also she will loose her hearing capacity. As such my mother was also under going dialysis but she is no more she passed away in 2003. The day the dialysis let her carry salt biscuts as there will be chances of Low BP and leads of heart attack. I hope you know what your mother should eat and which food she should avoid kindly let me know I can give you some details. Take care and PRAY THATS THE ONLY medicine which will make your mom be alive and healthy.

Actually still she is not ready for dialysis. And we have firm belief in Reikie. So we are not yet thinking about dialysis. Could you pls tell me if once we go for dialysis then surely second time we will have to go for the same treatment and that also again and again, Is it so.....?

If you have already decided what to do than why asking questions here Rinku?

I firmly belive that you are not among those well wishers of your mom else you have rushed for dialysis which is THE ONLY WAY to save her kidnies.

Sorry but you are not helping your mom by escapism you are showing.

There is no remedy in any medicine including Ayurveda which can revive the damaged kidney,if atall they exist I shall never care for appling them when patient's kidnies are in bad shape,take maximum from medical science has given to us.If you are still going to sing your reikie saga I request you not to waste time of members to sign your paper for reikie.

Period.

Actually still she is not ready for dialysis. And we have firm belief in Reikie. So we are not yet thinking about dialysis. Could you pls tell me if once we go for dialysis then surely second time we will have to go for the same treatment and that also again and again, Is it so.....?

Yes, in my experience, as a common educated person, Dialysis is infamous for:

"Once treatment is started, it never ends; Routine Dialysis Treatments will be an on-going event until death".

Rinku, I have advised you in the other posting:

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/health-wellbeing/451993-both-kidney-failed-suffering-diabetes-bp.html

So, see below how What I informed you of, is below affirmed, regarding the Organs' functions malfunctions being due to an absence of nutrition {min & Vit} that cause acidic body fluids that then cause a vicious spiral of ailments.

Being a good Putra/Putri requires self-education and therefore discipline/sacrifice of your time & energy.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dialysis

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In medicine, dialysis (from Greek "dialusis", meaning dissolution, "dia", meaning through, and "lusis", meaning loosening) is primarily used to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function (renal replacement therapy) due to renal failure. Dialysis may be used for very sick patients who have suddenly but temporarily, lost their kidney function (acute renal failure) or for quite stable patients who have permanently lost their kidney function (stage 5 chronic kidney disease). When healthy, the kidneys maintain the body's internal equilibrium of water and minerals (sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sulfate) and the kidneys remove from the blood the daily metabolic load of fixed hydrogen ions. The kidneys also function as a part of the endocrine system producing erythropoietin and 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol (calcitriol). Dialysis is an imperfect treatment to replace kidney function because it does not correct the endocrine functions of the kidney. Dialysis treatments replace some of these functions through diffusion (waste removal) and ultrafiltration (fluid removal).

Principle

Dialysis works on the principles of the diffusion of solutes and ultrafiltration of fluid across a semi-permeable membrane. Blood flows by one side of a semi-permeable membrane, and a dialysate or fluid flows by the opposite side. Smaller solutes and fluid pass through the membrane. The blood flows in one direction and the dialysate flows in the opposite. The counter-current flow of the blood and dialysate maximizes the concentration gradient of solutes between the blood and dialysate, which helps to remove more urea and creatinine from the blood. The concentrations of solutes (for example potassium, phosphorus, and urea) are undesirably high in the blood, but low or absent in the dialysis solution and constant replacement of the dialysate ensures that the concentration of undesired solutes is kept low on this side of the membrane. The dialysis solution has levels of minerals like potassium and calcium that are similar to their natural concentration in healthy blood. For another solute, bicarbonate, dialysis solution level is set at a slightly higher level than in normal blood, to encourage diffusion of bicarbonate into the blood, to act as a pH buffer to neutralise the metabolic acidosis that is often present in these patients. The levels of the components of dialysate are typically prescribed by a nephrologist according to the needs of the individual patient.

Types

There are two primary types of dialysis, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, and a third investigational type, intestinal dialysis.

Hemodialysis

In hemodialysis, the patient's blood is pumped through the blood compartment of a dialyzer, exposing it to a semipermeable membrane. The cleansed blood is then returned via the circuit back to the body. Ultrafiltration occurs by increasing the hydrostatic pressure across the dialyzer membrane. This usually is done by applying a negative pressure to the dialysate compartment of the dialyzer. This pressure gradient causes water and dissolved solutes to move from blood to dialysate, and allows the removal of several litres of excess fluid during a typical 3 to 5 hour treatment. In the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">US</st1:country-region>, hemodialysis treatments are typically given in a dialysis center three times per week (due in the <st1:country-region w:st="on">US</st1:country-region> to Medicare reimbursement rules), however, as of 2007 over 2,000 people in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">US</st1:place></st1:country-region> are dialyzing at home more frequently for various treatment lengths.<SUP id=cite_ref-1>[2]</SUP> Studies have demonstrated the clinical benefits of dialyzing 5 to 7 times a week, for 6 to 8 hours. These frequent long treatments are often done at home, while sleeping but home dialysis is a flexible modality and schedules can be changed day to day, week to week. In general, studies have shown that both increased treatment length and frequency are clinically beneficial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hemodialysis-en.svg

Peritoneal dialysis

Main article: Peritoneal dialysis

In peritoneal dialysis, a sterile solution containing minerals and glucose is run through a tube into the peritoneal cavity, the abdominal body cavity around the intestine, where the peritoneal membrane acts as a semipermeable membrane. The dialysate is left there for a period of time to remove waste products and water, and then it is drained out through the tube and discarded. This cycle or "exchange" is normally repeated 4-5 times during the day, (sometimes more often overnight with an automated system). Ultrafiltration occurs via osmosis; the dialysis solution used contains a high concentration of glucose, and the resulting osmotic pressure causes fluid to move from the blood into the dialysate. As a result, more fluid is drained than was instilled. Peritoneal dialysis is less efficient than hemodialysis, but because it is carried out for a longer period of time the net effect in terms of removal of waste products and of salt and water are similar to hemodialysis. Peritoneal dialysis is carried out at home by the patient and it requires motivation. Although support is helpful, it is not essential. It does free patients from the routine of having to go to a dialysis clinic on a fixed schedule multiple times per week, and it can be done while travelling with a minimum of specialized equipment. Because survival and quality of life are similar with both peritoneal and hemodialysis, the selection of modality by the patient should be dictated by the life style that each therapy offers.

[edit] Hemofiltration

Main article: Hemofiltration

Hemofiltration is a similar treatment to hemodialysis, but it makes use of a different principle. The blood is pumped through a dialyzer or "hemofilter" as in dialysis, but no dialysate is used. A pressure gradient is applied; as a result, water moves across the very permeable membrane rapidly, "dragging" along with it many dissolved substances, importantly ones with large molecular weights, which are cleared less well by hemodialysis. Salts and water lost from the blood during this process are replaced with a "substitution fluid" that is infused into the extracorporeal circuit during the treatment. Hemodiafiltration is a term used to describe several methods of combining hemodialysis and hemofiltration in one process.

Starting indications

The decision to initiate dialysis or hemofiltration in patients with renal failure can depend on several factors, which can be divided into acute or chronic indications.

• Acute indications for dialysis/hemofiltration:

1. Acute kidney injury, usually in situations where there is minimal urine output and when urine and blood tests suggest that urine output will not respond to increased fluid administration. The point in the course of AKI at which to start dialysis is controversial.

2. Hyperkalemia, when severe and when combined with AKI.

3. Fluid overload (which usually manifests as pulmonary edema) not expected to respond to treatment with diuretics

4. Uremic serositis complications, such as uremic pericarditis

5. Uremic encephalopathy

6. Metabolic acidosis in situations where correction with sodium bicarbonate is impractical or may result in fluid overload.

7. Acute poisoning with a dialysable drug, such as lithium, or aspirin

• Chronic indications for dialysis:

1. Symptomatic renal failure

2. Low glomerular filtration rate (GFR) (RRT often recommended to commence at a GFR of less than 10-15 mls/min/1.73m<SUP>2</SUP>)

3. Difficulty in medically controlling fluid overload, serum potassium, and/or serum phosphorus when the GFR is very low

As a result, more fluid is drained than was instilled. Peritoneal dialysis is less efficient than hemodialysis, but because it is carried out for a longer period of time the net effect in terms of removal of waste products and of salt and water are similar to hemodialysis. Peritoneal dialysis is carried out at home by the patient and it requires motivation. Although support is helpful, it is not essential. It does free patients from the routine of having to go to a dialysis clinic on a fixed schedule multiple times per week, and it can be done while travelling with a minimum of specialized equipment. Because survival and quality of life are similar with both peritoneal and hemodialysis, the selection of modality by the patient should be dictated by the life style that each therapy offers.

Could you pls tell me about dialysis, how dangerous it is.... or side effects of dialysis ? My mom is also suppose to go for dialysis.

But we are afraid of its side effects.

Which hospitals in Ahmedabad(Gujarat,India) are good for dialysis ?

Rinku

If this thread is still relevant to you, Effect of dialysis is depend upon person age,patient other medical condition(diabetics) and will power.

Best solution for chronic renal failure is Renal transplantation.No other solution. There is 70% success rate in it.

I have seen many person with successful renal transplant operation.

it all depend upon person fate, removal of cause due to which kidney failed to work and proper precautionary measure as told by your doctor.

for any futher information .Please free to contact me.

my email: rishivatsyayan@gmail.com