IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mahak

Youtube favorites

Rate this topic

Well, dont punch it in if youre not old enough, but the following performance is, to me anyway, awesome. Guitar goddesses, fer sure. mahak

g-rated version, way wild, for murali

for michael jackson understanders, tribute to the song and dance man, my late friend, sudama swami

sorry, im not very good at this. Under my favorite reggae, another song is there. But yall certainly dont lose, because sandy denny and fairport convention are soo much better than the reggae song I intended. Dont cry too much for her, she was in the park for prabhupada in '67, but the lass woulda been something had she lived. Go up to my fave reggae, and punch it in, or just do this

haribol, ys, mahak

Awesome video, gHari, the floydness of it all. I could do chapters and chapters about their pinkness. Ive seen them live, I was a PINK deadhead, meaning I would hitchhike a thousnad miles to be within the range of their 360 degree massive set-ups.

No one can duplicate the Floyd. Once, a critic was asking Gilmore (the fabulous lickster on gHaris post) about their electronics, if that was music. Gilmore said, "thers my stuff, do some floyd." Every new tour in the day crossed way over the line of music reviews to the world news scene, like thier opening of their "Animals" tour in Paris. Roger Waters Pig baloon got loose, floated way up, and set off a nuclear threat that both the USA and the USSR took seriously. Their "Meddle' tour, at the hollywood bowl where I saw them that time, they had the place surrounded, huge speakers on every light standard, doing echoes all the way to alpha centura.

The Wall played seven dates at Madison Square Graden and seven dates at LA Sports Arena. I was there twice to see the huge wall built and properly torn down to free all us bleeding hearts and artists. In fact, I kinda helped, as I was backstage for both shows.

Pink made bucks, but they spent lavishly to put on multimedia shows that no one, not even the stones in their heyday in the mid seventies, could match.

Shine on all you crazy diamonds.

mahak

Sorry for being so ecclectic, jumpin from PiL to loreena lie dat, but thats how I am.

I really liked this movie and this song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x-wHzlfLKbM

Neil young has always been awesome. A friend for thirty five years saw him last week and said he is still way awesome. I saw him first at the buffalo Springfields last performance on may 5, 1968 (date ring a bell). This is a mid career song, cortez the killer.

and gold dust woman, fleetwood mac, stevie nicks, gotta give em play, nice recent performance. Trip on the lyrics, very hard hitting

and before they got famous there was christie mc vie

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5qng5LEDUog

Sorry for being so ecclectic, jumpin from PiL to loreena lie dat, but thats how I am.

I really liked this movie and this song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x-wHzlfLKbM

Neil young has always been awesome. A friend for thirty five years saw him last week and said he is still way awesome. I saw him first at the buffalo Springfields last performance on may 5, 1968 (date ring a bell). This is a mid career song, cortez the killer.

and gold dust woman, fleetwood mac, stevie nicks, gotta give em play, nice recent performance. Trip on the lyrics, very hard hitting

and before they got famous there was christie mc vie

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5qng5LEDUog

829jcz8.jpg

Yep, just sad that all these bands sing about ending their lives below some stupid gravestone and that was it - all a big illusion and a bunch of bones.

Time to hire a songwriter like Mahaksa prabhu - to get some slight transcendental touch/spiritual lyrics into present boneyard song texts.

(post is dedicated to Janis Joplin)

Thanx for the comp, suchandra. I loved my early ISKCON experiance with Goursundar. He gave modern songs the lyrics of Srila Prabhupada. I think my favorite was dylans Guns accross the river, what a chant.

With music, I always try to think of krsna, knowing that the cravings of the artist is rey Krsna anyway.

So, brother gHari mentions the everly brothers, and I think their great hit "Dreams" is about how one can have krsna, "whenever I want you, all I have to do, is dream."

I think art is and always was, in the heart of the beholder, that the artist has a neutral expression for all to adapt into their own set perspective.

Like stevie up here and her gold dust woman. Forget that siong and think of the last verse (one I had suspiciously penned prior to associating with the macsters in hawaii in early 70s).

dID YOU EVER CRY, DID YA BREAK DOWN, SHATTERED BY THE ILLUSION OF LOVE. It is over now, do you know how, to pick up the pieces and go home.

Now this is from a mundane song about competitive females, and Ill always take the side of stevie nicks. But this last verse, to me, is from supersoul, art is in the eyes of the behol;der.

Sorry ifr I lost the reader here, thats why I put a lot of Loreena here, Ill go pray dantes prayer, and pray the lord thinks of me.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa