IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Warning About The Opening Of A School?

Rate this topic

Should people be warned about a school that will give places first to pupils whose parents follow Hindu teachings such as vegetarianism?

Vegetarians get priority at school

<!-- Story Comment Cheks start --><!-- Story Comments Check End --><!--Task# 668 - Quizzes - START--><!--Task# 668 - Quizzes - END-->06:54 - 29 November 2007

RYEANDBATTLEOBSERVER

http://www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/latest-london-news/Vegetarians-get-priority-at-Hindu.3534327.jp

<!-- Code added for entertainment - added by anjana --><!-- Code end for entertainment - added by anjana -->Vegetarians will be given priority for places at the UK's first Hindu state school under controversial admissions plans.

The Krishna-Avanti school in Harrow, north London, will give places first to pupils whose parents follow Hindu teachings such as vegetarianism and teetotalism when it opens next year. But the Hindu Council UK attacked the plan, warning that it would result in a school for Hare Krishnas.

The primary school is being promoted by the I-Foundation, a Hindu charity.

It is expected to receive a large number of applications from Britain's 1.5 million Hindus, 40,000 of whom live in the London Borough of Harrow.

Charity said the school's admissions policy was intended to mirror those used by other faith schools that are overd.

I-Foundation director Nitesh Gor said: "In common with other faith schools - which may require letters from priests or proof of church or synagogue attendance - we want to give priority to those that are most active in their faith.

"The definition we have arrived at includes regular home and temple worship, as well as vegetarianism and avoiding alcohol."

But the Hindu Council UK said the policy could exclude most Hindu children.

Jay Lakhani, the council's director for education, said: "We believe it is unfair to rule out other Hindus by imposing on them the strict rules of one particular, minority Hindu group in order for their children to attend."

Copyright © Press Association Ltd. 2007, .

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Try to understand. Our this Krishna consciousness movement is a protest to the modern way of civilization. The leaders of the modern society, they want that people should be engaged in working like dogs and hogs and asses. They should not understand what is the value of life, what is the object of life. Let them always remain intoxicated, and sense gratification, and produce more product for sense enjoyment. This is modern civilization. All these factories… I understand that in this country the farmers are taxed so heavily that they are forced to work in the factory. This is a policy of the government leaders to engage people. If anyone wants to live peacefully, save time for developing Krishna consciousness, then the leaders of the society or the government will not allow him to do so. This is the position.

So you are all fortunate, or you are so kind that you have joined this movement despite all these obstacles in this country. Not in this, all over the world. So don’t be disappointed. Go on preaching this philosophy of Krishna consciousness. There are many innocent people; they do not know what to do. There are four… For a preacher, there must be vigilance. A preacher will see four things: God, a devotee of God, innocent person, and envious, jealous persons. So a preacher should deal with these four items differently. So far God is concerned, we shall try to increase our love for God. This is one business. How? That is the arcanā-vidhi, to always be cautious, to offer foodstuff, early to rise, offer mangala-ārātrika, keep the temple very cleansed, yourself also. Without being cleansed, without being brāhmana, śaucam—śamo damah śaucam… We should always remember. When you come to the temple, don’t think that “Here is a picture of Śrī Caitanya Mahaprabhu or Radha- Krishna.” They are not picture. You should know that personally they are present. You’ll realize the personal presence by the quality of your devotional service."

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 5.5.1-8

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Stockholm, September 8, 1973

source:http://causelessmercy.com/

Looks like as if they make an issue out of it that vegetarianism is a condition of entry.

Question: Should a vedic gurukula in the West be so liberal to accept meat eating students?

Hindu school is first to make vegetarianism a condition of entry

http://education.guardian.co.uk/faithschools/story/0,,2218801,00.html

Polly Curtis

Thursday November 29, 2007

EducationGuardian.co.uk

A row has broken out after the UK's first Hindu state school announced a strict admissions code, which critics say favours followers of the Hare Krishna tradition over mainstream Hinduism.The Krishna-Avanti school in north-west London will be the first school in Britain to make vegetarianism a condition of entry. To get their child a place at the primary school, parents of pupils will also be expected to abstain from alcohol to prove they are followers of the faith.

<!-- This site/section combo is not set up to show MPU's -->The policy is proving controversial within Hindu groups. Mainstream Hindus are claiming the policy favours the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (Iskcon) - also known as the Hare Krishna movement - which is backing the school and whose members follow strict vegetarian diets.

The 240-pupil state funded school will open next September in Harrow, where 40,000 of Britain's 1.5 million-strong Hindu community live, comprising 20% of the town's population. Competition for places at the school is expected to be fierce. The government is funding £10m of the £12m building costs.

The new admissions policy sets out how the school will allocate places when it is over d. It gives priority to looked-after children from Hindu families and children with special educational needs, before next prioritising the children of "practising Hindu families".

Nitesh Gor, director of the I-Foundation, the Hindu charity which is backing the voluntary aided school, said: "In common with other faith schools - which may require letters from priests or proof of church or synagogue attendance - we want to give priority to those that are most active in their faith. The definition we have arrived at includes regular home and temple worship, as well as vegetarianism and avoiding alcohol."

Ten places at the new school will be reserved exclusively for children of families at Bhaktivedanta Manor, the temple headquarters of Iskcon in Letchmore Heath, Hertfordshire.

Jay Lakhani, director for education at the Hindu Council UK (HCUK), claimed the school's admissions policy was unfair:

"While HCUK has no problem with the I-Foundation reserving a stated 10 places out of 30 at the school for children of families at Bhaktivedanta Manor, we believe it is unfair to rule out other Hindus by imposing on them the strict rules of one particular, minority Hindu group in order for their children to attend.

"Because the Krishna-Avanti school was offered state funding and is being allowed to open as a 'Hindu' rather than an 'Iskcon' school, that is what it should be, a truly Hindu school that serves and reflects the wider Harrow Hindu community with its kaleidoscopic Hindu diversity."

Mr Gor defended the policy: "We recognise that some Hindus may eat meat in very specific prescribed circumstances and the criteria are not intended to exclude them. Broadly these criteria reflect practices which are common to all mainstream Hindu movements in the UK including the Swaminarayan temples, Iskcon and Jainism as well as all the other branches of Hinduism that have large congregations in Harrow."

<!--Article is not commented: 0 -->

Since this school is financed with taxpayer's money, they see a violation of equal treatment.

Vegetarians get priority at school

The Press Association

http://ukpress.google.com<WBR>/article/ALeqM5jyPOSitxkdxyKl5<WBR>b84LtXn20nRnw

Vegetarians will be given priority for places at the UK's first Hindu state school under controversial admissions plans.

The Krishna-Avanti school in Harrow, north London, will give places first to pupils whose parents follow Hindu teachings such as vegetarianism and teetotalism when it opens next year. But the Hindu Council UK attacked the plan, warning that it would result in a school for Hare Krishnas.

The primary school is being promoted by the I-Foundation, a Hindu charity.

It is expected to receive a large number of applications from Britain's 1.5 million Hindus, 40,000 of whom live in the London Borough of Harrow.

The charity said the school's admissions policy was intended to mirror those used by other faith schools that are overd.

I-Foundation director Nitesh Gor said: "In common with other faith schools - which may require letters from priests or proof of church or synagogue attendance - we want to give priority to those that are most active in their faith.

"The definition we have arrived at includes regular home and temple worship, as well as vegetarianism and avoiding alcohol. We recognise that some Hindus may eat meat in very specific prescribed circumstances and the criteria are not intended to exclude them.

"Broadly these criteria reflect practices which are common to all mainstream Hindu movements in the UK. We will, of course, welcome applications from any Hindu however they practice their belief and will welcome them at the school as places allow."

But the Hindu Council UK said the policy could exclude most Hindu children.

Jay Lakhani, the council's director for education, said: "We believe it is unfair to rule out other Hindus by imposing on them the strict rules of one particular, minority Hindu group in order for their children to attend."

This is a reason why I support what in America is called the voucher system. Since Hindus and Christians Buddhists Moslems etc. all pay taxes and not just atheists or strict secularists that tax money should be used to offer schools for their children as well.

Break up the educational monopoly. Allow atheists and theists to receive their chosen education as they see fit. Some standards would of course have to be standardized like reading comprehension math etc.

Compulsory non-theistic state controlled education is nothing short of demonic thought control.

We have learned this from the story of Prahlada's tribulations from his father Hiranyakasipu.

"Hey teacher..leave our kids alone!"

"Try to understand. Our this Krishna consciousness movement is a protest to the modern way of civilization. The leaders of the modern society, they want that people should be engaged in working like dogs and hogs and asses. They should not understand what is the value of life, what is the object of life. Let them always remain intoxicated, and sense gratification, and produce more product for sense enjoyment. This is modern civilization. All these factories… I understand that in this country the farmers are taxed so heavily that they are forced to work in the factory. This is a policy of the government leaders to engage people. If anyone wants to live peacefully, save time for developing Krishna consciousness, then the leaders of the society or the government will not allow him to do so. This is the position.

So you are all fortunate, or you are so kind that you have joined this movement despite all these obstacles in this country. Not in this, all over the world. So don’t be disappointed. Go on preaching this philosophy of Krishna consciousness. There are many innocent people; they do not know what to do. There are four… For a preacher, there must be vigilance. A preacher will see four things: God, a devotee of God, innocent person, and envious, jealous persons. So a preacher should deal with these four items differently. So far God is concerned, we shall try to increase our love for God. This is one business. How? That is the arcanā-vidhi, to always be cautious, to offer foodstuff, early to rise, offer mangala-ārātrika, keep the temple very cleansed, yourself also. Without being cleansed, without being brāhmana, śaucam—śamo damah śaucam… We should always remember. When you come to the temple, don’t think that “Here is a picture of Śrī Caitanya Mahaprabhu or Radha- Krishna.” They are not picture. You should know that personally they are present. You’ll realize the personal presence by the quality of your devotional service."

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 5.5.1-8

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Stockholm, September 8, 1973

<input name="book" value="Dictionary" type="hidden"><input name="quer" value="Protest" type="hidden"><input name="list" value="2,0,0,0;protest[1,noun]=852311;protest[2,verb]=852334" type="hidden">

Protest:

1: a solemn declaration of opinion and usu. of dissent: as a: a sworn declaration that payment of a note or bill has been refused and that all responsible signers or debtors are liable for resulting loss or damage b: a declaration made especially before or while paying that a tax is illegal and that payment is not voluntary

2: the act of objecting or a gesture of disapproval <resigned in="">protest>; especially : a usually organized public demonstration of disapproval3: a complaint, objection, or display of unwillingness usually to an idea or a course of action <went under="">protest>4: an objection made to an official or a governing body of a sport

Protest does not mean inwardly rejecting but passively going along anyway. Protest means in opposition of.

Glad I don't have kids. No way could send them to the public edicational system to have their mind's and consciousness slaughtered.

</went></resigned>evolution_-_metropolis.jpg

<resigned in=""><went under="">

You Will Believe

</went></resigned>

This is a reason why I support what in America is called the voucher system. Since Hindus and Christians Buddhists Moslems etc. all pay taxes and not just atheists or strict secularists that tax money should be used to offer schools for their children as well.

Break up the educational monopoly. Allow atheists and theists to receive their chosen education as they see fit. Some standards would of course have to be standardized like reading comprehension math etc.

Compulsory non-theistic state controlled education is nothing short of demonic thought control.

We have learned this from the story of Prahlada's tribulations from his father Hiranyakasipu.

"Hey teacher..leave our kids alone!"

Do you have a State sponsored gurukula in US?

Looks like the Hindus in UK are pretty much Westernized and don't agree with the principle of "no meat eating".

"But the Hindu Council UK said the policy could exclude most Hindu children."

Looks like the Hindus in UK are pretty much Westernized and don't agree with the principle of "no meat eating".

"But the Hindu Council UK said the policy could exclude most Hindu children."

I hear some devotees have established what is called chartered schools. Not sure on the details. Hopefully someone will chime in who knows.

After the homosex pedophiles assualted children in gurukula many have abandoned the idea it seems for fear of a repeat. But some form of spiritual schooling like gurukula is essential. It just cannot be run by the state.

If the Kansas School Board can include Intelligent Design in its curriculum, then why can't some determined Vaishnavas get Vaishnava philosophy (if not necessarily theology--for Constitutional reasons) into the US schools?

I predict Utah will be the first Vaishnava state in the Union. Those Mormons are pious and favorable to vegetarianism and ongoing revelation.

If you went to an islamic school,do you think you would have been able to accept the benefits of a hare krishna teaching later in life? :eek4:

If you went to an islamic school,do you think you would have been able to accept the benefits of a hare krishna teaching later in life? :eek4:

That is impossible to say. I grew up an atheist and became a theist. Go figure. Fortunately I never attended much school. I skipped as often as I checked in. Dropped out of regular high school and moved into the temple. Went to a Free School for aliented youth three days a week for a couple months while living at the temple ( a concession to my parent for my moving in to the ashram) and that school just gave me a diploma for living at the temple calling it "life experience" even though I quit going there as well. Who can say?

The Bhagavad-gita is all the education one really needs. Pick up a few skills to earn food and rent and you are all set.

But that is not the point. The point is freedom of thought. The freedom to ignore God as well as the freedom to seek God day and night if one so chooses.

This is Krsna's arrangement and why we are known as the marginal energy of God. I strongly believe in the right to be an atheist just as strongly as the freedom to be theist. It is exactly the same God given right. These two ideas cannot effectively be taught from the same teacher in the same classroom yet both have a right to learn as they please. What to do? Easy. Two classrooms with different teachers. Not very difficult to figure out.One size fits all compulsory education ignores the different modes of nature we operate under. We are not children of the state, born to serve the state even unto death.

We protest this type of mindless sheeple being passively lead to the slaughterhouse by the state and large corporate concerns.

That is impossible to say. I grew up an atheist and became a theist. Go figure. Fortunately I never attended much school. I skipped as often as I checked in. Dropped out of regular high school and moved into the temple. Went to a Free School for aliented youth three days a week for a couple months while living at the temple ( a concession to my parent for my moving in to the ashram) and that school just gave me a diploma for living at the temple calling it "life experience" even though I quit going there as well. Who can say?

The Bhagavad-gita is all the education one really needs. Pick up a few skills to earn food and rent and you are all set.

But that is not the point. The point is freedom of thought. The freedom to ignore God as well as the freedom to seek God day and night if one so chooses.

This is Krsna's arrangement and why we are known as the marginal energy of God. I strongly believe in the right to be an atheist just as strongly as the freedom to be theist. It is exactly the same God given right. These two ideas cannot effectively be taught from the same teacher in the same classroom yet both have a right to learn as they please. What to do? Easy. Two classrooms with different teachers. Not very difficult to figure out.One size fits all compulsory education ignores the different modes of nature we operate under. We are not children of the state, born to serve the state even unto death.

We protest this type of mindless sheeple being passively lead to the slaughterhouse by the state and large corporate concerns.

What is missing that nowadays nobody is trained to lead a live of austerity and be happy in that condition. People see it when forcefully pushed into an austere life-style as to be placed on hold - something which you have to get rid of as soon as possible. Being put to undergo disciplines like rising early in the morning or taking a cold shower is hardly done voluntarily. However, with hinsight even ex-devotees say it was good having undergone tapasya. Looks like Padma Lakshmi, see below, feels sorry of having started to eat meat to fit school.

Padma Lakshmi of "Top Chef" Interviewed By Amazon

http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/2007/11/padma-lakshmi-o.html

padma1999.jpg

November 29, 2007

"Top Chef" judge Padma Lakshmi reveals in an interview with the Amazon book blog Omnivoracious that she was raised vegetarian and began eating meat as a child to fit in at school.

Eventually, though, she began loving meat. "In a way that somebody else converts to Judaism or becomes a Hare Krishna, I belong to the church of fried chicken," she says. Her new cookbook, "Tangy, Tart, Hot And Sweet," contains not only a killer fried chicken recipe but also something the interviewers describe as a "mouthwatering three-page tribute to bacon." Mmmmm, bacon.

Bacon and fried chicken are kind of strange foods for someone who got her start a model and actress, and whose first cookbook focused on low-fat recipes. But then, they are delicious, and that seems to be a driving force for Lakshmi.

The physician who cures your physical ailments from time to time would probably disagree with your statement that "Bhagavad Gita is all the education you really need".

What makes you think that children are brainwashed at an atheistic school? Choosing to not lecture about God seems to be the opposite of brainwashing to me.

There you go. Peer pressure to eat meat. Worse than peer pressure to do drugs. The public educational system is a slaughterhouse for the higher consciousness.

Internet- pressure to go look at pornography.

Internet- choosing to learn more about religion and other matters.

Choice.

The physician who cures your physical ailments from time to time would probably disagree with your statement that "Bhagavad Gita is all the education you really need".

I've never met an MD that actually cures any ailments. They mostly treat the symptoms and prescribe antibiotics (even if you've got a *viral* infection, against which antibiotics do nothing but mess up your intestinal flora).

Western medicine's strong suits are diagnostics and treating traumatic injuries, though, even *there*, they've been known to be dead wrong.

See:

http://www.worldhealth.net/p/back-from-the-dead.html

Doctors are reinventing how they treat sudden cardiac arrest, which is fatal 95 percent of the time. A report from the border between life and death.

I've never met an MD that actually cures any ailments. They mostly treat the symptoms and prescribe antibiotics (even if you've got a *viral* infection, against which antibiotics do nothing but mess up your intestinal flora).

I am assuming that you are trying to say that medicine is not perfect, and thereby I am also assuming that you are NOT saying that a doctor :

who has to first

excel in his premedical courses.

then do well in medical college admissions test.

go through a rigorous application process where thousands apply and only a few hundred get in.

Study constantly for about 2 years and work constantly in rotations for the next two years,

Kill the boards, match into a residency.

Learn to live off $35,000 for 3-4 years and pay medical school loans ($200,000 loans) on this salary.

Is on-call and ready to work even in the weekends (work 80 hrs per week).

Again , I am assuming that you are NOT saying that he (the doctor) is wasting his time with the patients because modern medical science fails to cure some rare cases.

With that said, ofcourse modern medicine is not perfect, it is evolving and more effective than these so called alternative medical options such as "Homeopathy" or "Ayurveda" in many-if not all- cases.

Your statement that modern medical science cures only symptoms and "Thats it", is a gross understatement.

End of discussion.

What makes you think that children are brainwashed at an atheistic school? Choosing to not lecture about God seems to be the opposite of brainwashing to me.

You are welcome to think that. You know some physcians believe in God also. What's your point? You think atheists are sane because they choose to ignore God. What can I say?

Yay or Nay: all-vegetarian schools

http://www.hippyshopper.com/2007/11/school_will_onl.html

veg-face-thumb.jpgIt's a well known fact that parents wanting to get their kids into the local church school will go to almost any length to bend the truth when it comes to getting their little darlings into a less-rough school than the local comp. But as a Hindu school in London becomes the first to enforce vegetarianism as a condition of entry, will we soon see parents pretending their kids are veggie and shopping others they've spied grabbing a sneaky happy meal at McDonalds?

The veggie entrance policy, the first of its kind to come into effect at the Krishna-Avanti school in north-west London is unpopular with Mainstream Hindus, who are claiming it favours the Hare Krishna movement - which is backing the school and whose members follow strict vegetarian diets. But with fierce competition expected for places, the rule may simply be in place as a handy selection policy.

While I'm very much in favour of encouraging children to go veggie, I'm not sure that making a rule of it is right in any circumstances. And it seems unfair to alienate a large percentage of a wider group that could otherwise benefit from living near this school. What do you think?

Now people argue, that this school is mainly being used to educate children of ISKCON, although the school is maintained by public funds. But this is the vedic system, ksatriya (government) supporting brahmana (Vaishnava).

UK Hindu School’s Admissions Policy Could Bar Most Hindu Children

<center>November 29th, 2007 by suzanne evans</center>

http://www.bloggernews.net/112003

Britain’s first state-funded Hindu Primary school, set to open in Harrow, north London, in September 2008, has outlined an admissions policy the Hindu Council UK (HCUK) says may rule out applications from the vast majority of British Hindu children in the area. HCUK is also concerned the policy may cause division within the local Hindu community.

The Krishna-Avanti school is expected to be overd when it opens and HCUK has no argument with priority being given to children from ‘practising Hindu families.’ However, the school’s definition of a ‘practising Hindu’ is not one that could be said to be acceptable to the majority of Hindus either worldwide or here in Britain.

According to the admissions policy document, the Krishna-Avanti school defines practising Hindus as those who follow a version of Hinduism requiring daily practice of deity worship and prayer either in the temple or at home; undertake weekly temple-related charity work; participate fortnightly in temple programmes; accept and put into practice the teachings of the Vedic scriptures, in particular the teachings of the Bhagavad-Gita; and abstain from meat, fish, eggs, alcohol and smoking.

The admissions policy also allows for available places to be filled by children from families ‘broadly following’ the tenets of Hinduism. But even this requires them to attend a temple monthly, be vegetarian, and attend a local temple for the festivals of Diwali, Janmasthami and Ramnavmi.

Rather than reflecting the mainstream, such definitions of practising Hindus reflect the beliefs and practices of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) a new Hindu religious movement founded in the 1960s. Perhaps better known as the Hare Krishnas, this particular Hindu group is represented strongly on the Board of Directors of the I-Foundation, the charitable organisation that will run the Krishna-Avanti school. Ten places at the new school will be reserved exclusively for children of families at Bhaktivedanta Manor, the temple headquarters of ISKCON in Letchmore Heath, Hertfordshire.

Commenting on the admissions policy, Jay Lakhani, HCUK’s Director for education said: -

“While HCUK has no problem with the I-Foundation reserving a stated ten places out of thirty at the school for children of families at Bhaktivedanta Manor, we believe it is unfair to rule out other Hindus by imposing on them the strict rules of one particular, minority Hindu group in order for their children to attend. Because the Krishna-Avanti school was offered state-funding and is being allowed to open as a ‘Hindu’ rather than an ‘ISKCON’ school, that is what it should be, a truly Hindu school that serves and reflects the wider Harrow Hindu community with its kaleidoscopic Hindu diversity.”

In particular, says Mr Lakhani, the current admissions policy as it stands would specifically rule out children from the following Hindu families: -

• Those who do not take a strict devotional approach to Hinduism
  • Arya Samajist Hindus who do not believe in deity worship
  • Shiva devotees (many Tamil Hindus) and Mother Goddess devotees (many Bengalis) for whom temple attendance at only RamNavmi, Janmasthami and Diwali celebrations would be too restrictive a condition
  • Those who are not strict vegetarians and eat - as many Hindus do – meat (excluding beef), fish, eggs and egg by-products, or who occasionally drink alcohol

Despite believing that multi-faith rather than single faith schools would be better for community integration and cohesion, HCUK originally supported creation of the Krisha-Avanti school on the understanding that it would be truly open to and reflect the diversity of the wider Hindu community. As this openness now appears to be under threat, the HCUK Executive has raised its concerns with the I-Foundation. The I-Foundation has assured HCUK the policy will be discussed further at a future meeting. However, no date has been set for this meeting and it is not clear whether representations will be permitted from local, non-ISKCON Hindus not connected with the I-Foundation.

Suzanne Evans blogs at www.aquariuspr.blogspot.com

Newslinks:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/education/article2964526.ece

http://education.guardian.co.uk/faithschools/story/0,,2218801,00.html

You are welcome to think that. You know some physcians believe in God also. What's your point? You think atheists are sane because they choose to ignore God. What can I say?

You didn't understand what I was trying to get at. I am saying if you don't include your version of God in public schools, the individual student has the freedom to pick and choose to believe what he wants.

The so-called slaughterhouses of "higher intelligence" is nothing but your own maya.

If kids are told that there is God , they wouldn't have the opportunity to find that God for themselves.

School where they don't teach you about 'God': You may choose to believe God exists.

School where they don't teach you about 'God': You may choose to believe God does not exist.

Captain Planet: "The choice is yours".

Yeah That's a choice alright. And your point is?

Ok I think I am getting what you are trying to say. It was a bit enigmatic for me.

That is a avery naive approach. Not teachng there is an Intelligent Designer behind the universe saying there is no evidence for it and not allowing it to be taught that there is saying that that constitutes separation of church and state is defacto atheism and a denial of the rights of those students to hear about God who may want to to.

Your support of compulsory Godless education is really bizarre for someone who accepts the reality of God.

Is a slaughter house. My eight year old daughter is in the special ed because she has aspergers (Highly functional autism). These program directors (I refuse to call them teachers) have only one concern, budget. Hell with the kids, and bush didnt help anyone with his "No child left a dime" trip. He just made the school admin meditate in budgets.

With special ed, we have these meetings, and all that is discussedc is their budget. No skills in teaching children with autism, so they make the condition worse. The adult autistic are so screwed up because no one did anything aBOUT THEIR ACTUAL LEARNING STYLES. To force an autistic child to eat math and reading is to send them to isolated never-never land (which is not a bad deal, us old hips used to spend big bucks on the herbs needed to do the same thing:eek:). However, if there was a teacher out there in the real sense of the word, they would find that aspergers kids (which is now about one in 80, meaning there is 50 such students in every school with 3,000 students, not a small number, much greater than blind and wheelchair bound students combined) are highly gifted. At eight, my daughter is accomplished clay artist (she alwaysw gets overall blue ribbon at the local county fairs, making $100 bucks), can make her own movies on the computer, can make really nice stories that turn out to be screenplays, is an actress, a ballerina, etc. But does the school district see this? No, because she is not fitting into their federal and state BS guidelines.

If I were guru of US Education, I would ban any academic training until a child is 10, and only let them develop who they are, be it artist, writer, mathmetician, etc. Then they would go liberal arts or long term apprenticeships on real life skills, maybe even a VAD, which is a natural inclination of mankind, not some phony religious arguement (so dont add your VAD squad nonsense here.) Bu8t there is no concern for educating the youth in our public education programs. It is just self serving job preservation with diplomas on the wall, paranoia and teaching children to reject their hippie parents, and filling out forms for fed and state budget funding.

No child left a dime.

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa.

Is a slaughter house. My eight year old daughter is in the special ed because she has aspergers (Highly functional autism). These program directors (I refuse to call them teachers) have only one concern, budget. Hell with the kids, and bush didnt help anyone with his "No child left a dime" trip. He just made the school admin meditate in budgets.

With special ed, we have these meetings, and all that is discussedc is their budget. No skills in teaching children with autism, so they make the condition worse. The adult autistic are so screwed up because no one did anything aBOUT THEIR ACTUAL LEARNING STYLES. To force an autistic child to eat math and reading is to send them to isolated never-never land (which is not a bad deal, us old hips used to spend big bucks on the herbs needed to do the same thing:eek:). However, if there was a teacher out there in the real sense of the word, they would find that aspergers kids (which is now about one in 80, meaning there is 50 such students in every school with 3,000 students, not a small number, much greater than blind and wheelchair bound students combined) are highly gifted. At eight, my daughter is accomplished clay artist (she alwaysw gets overall blue ribbon at the local county fairs, making $100 bucks), can make her own movies on the computer, can make really nice stories that turn out to be screenplays, is an actress, a ballerina, etc. But does the school district see this? No, because she is not fitting into their federal and state BS guidelines.

If I were guru of US Education, I would ban any academic training until a child is 10, and only let them develop who they are, be it artist, writer, mathmetician, etc. Then they would go liberal arts or long term apprenticeships on real life skills, maybe even a VAD, which is a natural inclination of mankind, not some phony religious arguement (so dont add your VAD squad nonsense here.) Bu8t there is no concern for educating the youth in our public education programs. It is just self serving job preservation with diplomas on the wall, paranoia and teaching children to reject their hippie parents, and filling out forms for fed and state budget funding.

No child left a dime.

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa.

It is natural to wonder, “What would this money have bought if we had spent it on other things?” U.S. aid to all of Africa has been hovering around $5 billion a year, the equivalent of less than two weeks of direct Iraq-war expenditures. The president made a big deal out of the financial problems facing Social Security, but the system could have been repaired for a century with what we have bled into the sands of Iraq. Had even a fraction of that $2 trillion been spent on investments in education and technology, or improving our infrastructure, the country would be in a far better position economically to meet the challenges it faces in the future, including threats from abroad. For a sliver of that $2 trillion we could have provided guaranteed access to higher education for all qualified Americans.

Today, China alone holds more than $1 trillion in public and private American I.O.U.’s. Cumulative borrowing from abroad during the six years of the Bush administration amounts to some $5 trillion. Most likely these creditors will not call in their loans—if they ever did, there would be a global financial crisis. But there is something bizarre and troubling about the richest country in the world not being able to live even remotely within its means.

Think of the taxes that future governments will have to levy to repay even a fraction of the debt we have accumulated. And think of the widening divide between rich and poor in America, a phenomenon that goes beyond economics and speaks to the very future of the American Dream.