IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Arjuna Haridas

Love in Goloka?

Rate this topic

Namaste.

Will there be love in Goloka? Will there be marriage? To get to the core, will there be gender differences in Goloka?

What about love of Krishna?

Isn't that love?

Sounds like you are asking if there is sexual relationship in Goloka.

Are you wondering if there is sexual relationships in Goloka?

There is NO sex in Goloka.

Sex is the gratification of the senses.

There is no such thing in Goloka.

What about love of Krishna?

Isn't that love?

Sounds like you are asking if there is sexual relationship in Goloka.

Are you wondering if there is sexual relationships in Goloka?

There is NO sex in Goloka.

Sex is the gratification of the senses.

There is no such thing in Goloka.

Sex is a symbol of love between two. Not to sound perverted, but the orgasm is a spiritual experience that goes beyond physicial description - it's comparable to the ecstasy of devotion. It is part of the "Making-the-one-you-love-happy" priority of true love.

Sex for the gratification of the senses and sex out of love are two different things seperated by a fine line.

But, I'm talking more like a relationship. Will there be a relationship between two souls that is like the relationship of Brahma-Shakti (Krishna-Radha)?

Sex is a symbol of love between two. Not to sound perverted, but the orgasm is a spiritual experience that goes beyond physicial description - it's comparable to the ecstasy of devotion. It is part of the "Making-the-one-you-love-happy" priority of true love.

Sex for the gratification of the senses and sex out of love are two different things seperated by a fine line.

But, I'm talking more like a relationship. Will there be a relationship between two souls that is like the relationship of Brahma-Shakti (Krishna-Radha)?

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Ādi 4.164

kāma, prema, — dońhākāra vibhinna lakṣaṇa

lauha āra hema yaiche svarūpe vilakṣaṇa

SYNONYMS

kāma — lust; prema — love; dońhākāra — of the two; vibhinna — separate; lakṣaṇa — symptoms; lauha — iron; āra — and; hema — gold; yaiche — just as; svarūpein nature; vilakṣaṇa — different.

TRANSLATION

Lust and love have different characteristics, just as iron and gold have different natures.

PURPORT

One should try to discriminate between sexual love and pure love, for they belong to different categories, with a gulf of difference between them. They are as different from one another as iron is from gold.

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Ādi 4.165

ātmendriya-prīti-vāñchātāre bali 'kāma'

kṛṣṇendriya-prīti-icchā dhare 'prema' nāma

SYNONYMS

ātma-indriya-prīti — for the pleasure of one's own senses; vāñchā — desires; tāreto that; baliI say; kāma — lust; kṛṣṇa-indriya-prīti — for the pleasure of Lord Kṛṣṇa's senses; icchā — desire; dhare — holds; prema — love; nāma — the name.

TRANSLATION

The desire to gratify one's own senses is kāma [lust], but the desire to please the senses of Lord Kṛṣṇa is prema [love].

PURPORT

The revealed scriptures describe pure love as follows:

sarvathā dhvaḿsa-rahitaḿ saty api dhvaḿsa-kāraṇe

yad bhāva-bandhanaḿ yūnoḥ sa premā parikīrtitaḥ

"If there is ample reason for the dissolution of a conjugal relationship and yet such a dissolution does not take place, such a relationship of intimate love is called pure."

The predominated gopīs were bound to Kṛṣṇa in such pure love. For them there was no question of sexual love based on sense gratification. Their only engagement in life was to see Kṛṣṇa happy in all respects, regardless of their own personal interests. They dedicated their souls only for the satisfaction of the Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa. There was not the slightest tinge of sexual love between the gopīs and Kṛṣṇa.

The author of Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta asserts with authority that sexual love is a matter of personal sense enjoyment. All the regulative principles in the Vedas pertaining to desires for popularity, fatherhood, wealth and so on are different phases of sense gratification. Acts of sense gratification may be performed under the cover of public welfare, nationalism, religion, altruism, ethical codes, Biblical codes, health directives, fruitive action, bashfulness, tolerance, personal comfort, liberation from material bondage, progress, family affection or fear of social ostracism or legal punishment, but all these categories are different subdivisions of one substance — sense gratification. All such good acts are performed basically for one's own sense gratification, for no one can sacrifice his personal interest while discharging these much-advertised moral and religious principles. But above all this is a transcendental stage in which one feels himself to be only an eternal servitor of Kṛṣṇa, the absolute Personality of Godhead. All acts performed in this sense of servitude are called pure love of God because they are performed for the absolute sense gratification of Śrī Kṛṣṇa. However, any act performed for the purpose of enjoying its fruits or results is an act of sense gratification. Such actions are visible sometimes in gross and sometimes in subtle forms.

Maybe this is why I'm not Vaishnava - there seems to be a loss of personal thought and love.

But my question still hasn't been answered; will there be love in Goloka/Vrindavana/Vaikunta?

Everything in the spiritual world would appear to be the same as the material world to the casual dabbler in Krsna lila. So family relationships are there but the center is always Krsna. Are you really interested in an answer or are you begging the question?

Everything in the spiritual world would appear to be the same as the material world to the casual dabbler in Krsna lila. So family relationships are there but the center is always Krsna. Are you really interested in an answer or are you begging the question?

I'm interested in the ideas of moksha in the different Hindu sects. Shaktism, Shaivism, Smartism, and the secular sects (eg. Buddhism) all share the same idea of moksha (union), but Vaishnavism has a different approach. I understand this approach, but the question of love has never been answered in any of the explanations I've read.

I'm interested in the ideas of moksha in the different Hindu sects. Shaktism, Shaivism, Smartism, and the secular sects (eg. Buddhism) all share the same idea of moksha (union), but Vaishnavism has a different approach. I understand this approach, but the question of love has never been answered in any of the explanations I've read.

In preaching their concepts some Vaisnavas say that there is no love in the material world. Some say there is love but it is only temporary. All the inhabitants of the spirtual world have loving relationships but they are based on Krsna prema or love of Krsna. This means that the inhabitants of the Vaikunthas all wish to please Bhagavan's senses rather than their own. This is compared in Srimad Bhavavatam to watering the roots of the tree rather than the leaves. By watering the root all the leaves are nourished while if the water only strikes and the root is deprived, all the leaves will dry up and fall from the tree. Krsna is the root of existence.

:cool: I wish one of you would tell me if you been to Goloka. Just like asking one have he ever been to heaven. Or have he ever been to heaven and came back after one died? So, I believe I`ve seen Goloka because I had read Swami Prabhupad Jesus`s books. It`s there no need to travel with the mind just getting there. Just open those pages. And wham!In short, how did Devaki and Vasudeva, the parents of Krsna reproduce if there is no love in Goloka?

But Soul has no body! Besides, why would there be sex? the Souls do not reproduce. I thought God creates souls and souls do not create more souls.

The soul has a form - like Krsna whose body is non-different from Himself.

The swarupa. Read all the descriptions of his body in the Nectar of Devotion.

Since we are qualitatively one with Him, we too have a 'spiritual' body. Not for base lust but for the union of which mundane sex is a perverted reflection.

:cool: SOULS. There`s the Supersoul and the individual soul. The individual soul mates with another individual soul. The product is another individual soul, right? The bodies of these individual souls are their clothes. Because these individual souls have lost their true identities, they wear fashion clothes. Briefs to cloth the loins. Bras to protect the breasts, etc. Imagine, if all of us knew we are all souls. Who doesn`t want to wear those fashion clothes. We would all be running naked on the banks of Goloka Vrndavan`s rivers. Hahahaha!

In short, how did Devaki and Vasudeva, the parents of Krsna reproduce if there is no love in Goloka?
Vasudeva and Devaki were not in "Goloka", as you are referring to Vrndavana or Vraja, they were in Mathura in Kamsa's jail. The earthly Goloka is actually known as Gokula. In Mathura, devotion to Krsna is covered with some aisvarya or opulence (awe and reverence) whereas in Vraja the devotees only love Krsna as a beautiful, young boy. In Mathura, Krsna was conceived in the pure citta or heart of Vasudeva and then transferred to the heart of Devaki. When Krsna appeared in Mathura he looked like a 16 year old boy and was fully clothed in royal dress with all kind of jewels. The Bhagavatam commentators say that this Krsna is only an expansion of the original Vraja Krsna I suggest that you read Krsna Book Vol. One, by Srila Prabhupada.

As I understand, according to Gaudiya Vaishnavism, there are genders in Goloka. Brahm Vaivart puran talks of gopas and gopis in Goloka.

Gradually, you will develop your love for God!

"So Lord Caitanya said that if you chant this Hare Krishna mantra, the first installment of your gain will be that your heart, which is contaminated now with so many materialistic dust, it will be cleansed. And next stage will be bhava-maha-davagni-nirvapanam. That means you’ll realize yourself that “I am not this matter, I am soul. And my relationship with God is this. God is like this.” And gradually, you will develop your love for God. You have got that love. Dormant love is there, but because we do not know what is God, because we do not see the beauty of God, because we do not know the mercy of God, therefore our love has been forced or placed in the dog. Instead of God, we have placed our love on dog. So we have to simply change. Our love is distributed in the matter in so many ways. That will not make me happy because I am not matter. I am a spirit soul. I have to transfer my love towards the Supreme Spirit, God, then I’ll be happy."

[Lecture at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, Dec. 24th 1969]

From the intro to KRSNA by A.C. Bhaktivedanta

This Krsna-katha will also be very much appealing to the most materialistic persons because Krsna's pastimes with the gopis (cowherd girls) are *exactly* like the loving affairs between young girls and boys within this material world. Actually, the sex feeling found in human society is not unnatural because this same sex feeling is there in the original Personality of Godhead. The pleasure potency is called Srimati Radharani. The attraction of loving affairs on the basis of sex feeling is the original feature of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and we, the conditioned souls, being part and parcel of the Supreme, have such feelings also, but they are experienced within a perverted, minute condition. Therefore, when those who are after sex life in this material world hear about Krsna's pastimes with the gopis, they will relish transcendental pleasure, although it appears to be materialistic. The advantage will be that they will gradually be elevated to the spiritual platform. In the Bhagavatam it is stated that if one hears the pastimes of Lord Krsna with the gopis, from authorities with submission, then he will be promoted to the platform of transcendental loving service to the Lord, and the material disease of lust within his heart will be completely vanquished. In other words, it will counteract the material sex life.

So yes there is sex in the spiritual world, but it is different then mundane sex i.e. it is done by people who are free from materialistic consciousness. There are books by the acaryas where sex topics in goloka are discussed, that is one of the reasons that Bhaktisiddhanta didn't want his disciples to read certain books, because of the fear of inspiring imitation (sahajiya). But nevertheless it is there. From a logical point of view if there really was no sex in the spiritual world then we would have to ask: why are there male and female forms in the spiritual world? If there is no sex then why is there sex organs? So, yes there is sex, but it is free from gross materialistic consciousness.

:cool: Whenever and wherever there`s the lotus feet of Krsna, the place turns to Goloka Vrndavan, the planet where Krsna resides. Where there`s Krsna, there also live the damsels of Vrajabhumi. And everything we know from the sastras like Srimad Bhagavatam manifests themselves there. So, it`s an error to tell this writer that Goloka isn`t the same thing as Gokula. They are the same yet different( acintya- bhedabheda-tattva).