IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

who is who?

Rate this topic

I know its not a spiritual discussion but there was no where else to put this thread. It would be nice if I can get to know a little bit more about you regulars here.

Where are you from? what do you do? where do you live etc?

I live in Australia and work full-time in I.T. I am a hindu by birth :P but have just started to learn/know more about Hindusim. I just finished watching Mahabharat. It was eye-opening. We were so civilised and cultured and now .. hmm...!!!

I'm currently living in the delusion that I am a mleccha-born white body living in Santa Cruz, USA.

There are two loving souls that I call my children and with whom I spend lots of time playing.

The day before yesterday I had the delusion that a SCPD CSO (Community Service Officer) wrote me a ticket for riding my bike across a pedestrian bridge (that was empty at the time) and that, during the course of my conversation with the officer, 8 other people rode their bikes over the bridge without so much as a verbal warning from the officer and that there was a near collison that happened 20 feet behind the officer as he was trying to convince me to sign the ticket. The officer appeared to turn around, assess the situation, and then turn back to trying to convince me to sign a ticket for walking and chewing gum at the same time. Meanwhile, after the occupants finished screaming at each other for 30 seconds, the two cars appeared to race down the street. A couple of moments later, a passerby informed us that there had been some sort of road rage accident down the street.

So I guess I'll be stating my case in front of somebody who believes they are a judge.

Bummer trip!!

Still, I can't complain. When I got home, I imagined that I picked and ate some apricots off the tree and some blackberries off the bush.

Then I imagined that my son had the first violin lesson of his life from a nice young man I imagined I met up at the Ashram.

Life (or what passes for it) is good (except when it's not)!!!

I know its not a spiritual discussion but there was no where else to put this thread. It would be nice if I can get to know a little bit more about you regulars here.

Where are you from? what do you do? where do you live etc?

I live in Australia and work full-time in I.T. I am a hindu by birth :P but have just started to learn/know more about Hindusim. I just finished watching Mahabharat. It was eye-opening. We were so civilised and cultured and now .. hmm...!!!

Guest guest

I am the twang of the bowstring at night

I am the eyes in the darkness

I am the sharp cry in a morning mist

I am the shadow in deep water.

I was born low in this vast wasteland

And I will slip away from here unrecognized.

:)

My name is Ken and I'm a beginner.. so I dont give much advice.. I try to comment where I have some knowledge of things. I live in New Hampshire USA. I first was a Christian for about 10 years.. I was then a Buddhist for about 5 Years and I converted to "Hinduism" a year and a half ago when I had a vision of Krishna.

DSC02620.JPG

I am called mahaksadasa by my spiritual master, Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami, who accepted me as a disciple in 1973. I am not a society type, preferring to live in self-imposed exile. I have tried to associate with devotees via the internet since 1996.

I am presently a grave digger by profession which is suitable since I previously worked on the Trident Missile and Submarine Program for the US Navy from 1987 thru 2002, before that, did some aircraft carrier work.

I live right under Canada on the straight of Juan di fuca. Nice, quiet area.

Old and tired materially, politically left of Mao and Fidel, my material heroes are Malcolm X and Patrice Lumumba. Musician, writer, and all that other stuff. My website is below this post. My favorite entries on the website are the partial Kipu Ka novel, the Birth of Death, and the very be4st effort to date, Dialogue with Dismas, the truest story I ever told.

Thanks for asking, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Haribol Anya,

I'm a 25 year old writer from London who currently lives in Texas. I like to write stories that have spiritual themes to them and teach in some way. My first book that I published is called 'Follow the Cowherd Boy' and it's a historical fiction based on the true life story of the great devotee Mirabai.

My family is Indian from Gujarat and I was very fortunate to be brought up in a spiritual way by my Vaishnav mother and Shaiva father.

Krishna is my Ishta Dev and I try to please him with my work. I don't know if it's working yet. I have a lot of faults. I'm a girl, by the way. Most of the members here on the forum are men so they're always surprised when I tell them I'm a girl.

I like yoga, reading, writing, acting and dancing. I also like to eat right and I can't stand fast food of any kind. I'm a vegetarian.

It's nice to meet you, by the way!

Haribol!

Jai

Haribol Anya,

I'm a 25 year old writer from London who currently lives in Texas. I like to write stories that have spiritual themes to them and teach in some way. My first book that I published is called 'Follow the Cowherd Boy' and it's a historical fiction based on the true life story of the great devotee Mirabai.

My family is Indian from Gujarat and I was very fortunate to be brought up in a spiritual way by my Vaishnav mother and Shaiva father.

Krishna is my Ishta Dev and I try to please him with my work. I don't know if it's working yet. I have a lot of faults. I'm a girl, by the way. Most of the members here on the forum are men so they're always surprised when I tell them I'm a girl.

I like yoga, reading, writing, acting and dancing. I also like to eat right and I can't stand fast food of any kind. I'm a vegetarian.

It's nice to meet you, by the way!

Haribol!

Jai

hello! Nice to meet you too! :) I think you are doing great work. I will look out for your book as I dont know much about Mirabai.

I have also started to do Yoga. My mum has recently taught me some great tricks to it. Talking about acting I was being shot for a TV ad yesterday :D

By the way, I think we held your username responible for people not knowing you are a girl :P

www.myspace.com/garystevason

Getting closer.

Left the world when I heard they built a bomb that could blow up the world. Grown-ups are crazy. Believed that the purpose of life was to search for the purpose of life. Then it was the Kingdom of God. Along came Srila Prabhupada who provided the answers. Now, only Baby Blue.