IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Om Ganapathiyai Namah

Rate this topic

the moderator posted this note on the first post of this topic, but most people are not going to see it now, so I have posted here again.

moderator's note: regarding your statement

"In this website i noted that every topic somehow ends with Krsna being the only way to end all sufferings and be prosperous, since this website is still named as Hindu-religion.net instead of ISCKON.com i would like to remind as Hindus we worship the respective gods for their respective roles and not call other gods as Demi Gods and only Krsna as supreme."

This section of the website you have posted in, is the forum for Audarya-Fellowship. A little farther down the front page is the forum you refered to "Hindu-Religion.net" where you should find people who post with the more Poly Theistic view of religion. Sorry for any confusion. In early 2006, we had put up the following notice:

"The forums at Hare-Krishna.org and Hindu-Religion.net have been re-merged with the Audarya Forums in seperate categories, so that users can access all three forums with a single login. Visitors from those sites will be sent directly to their own forums, but if they browse around enough they may make their way back to the Audarya forums as well."

Guest guest

Then why do you continue to try to discuss with HK's? You must like quarrel. You sought us out we did not seek you out.

No dear, you go out everywhere and seek people out! At the airports, on the streets, forums, houses, fairs, just about anywhere. :)

I discuss, cuz I love Vaishnavism and don't fully understand the conflicting attitudes within HKs. And from my discussions I've met many HKs who are pretty open minded and lovely people and then those who are out there to bully and put down others' faith under theirs. The later ones evoke my disagreement.

Haribol. I fully support the idea of freedom. Freedom for a hindu to participate on any forum he chooses. Freedom for me to contribute to the Internal ISKCON thread, even though I have not been internal ISKCON since 1975. Freedom for my hindu friends to share their realizations on the threads I always come to.

When I see Lord Siva in the title, I go there. I dont like to hear this rhetoric that ensues, this faith vs faith commonality, but I still go there, because I like to hear of the glories of Lord Siva, Lord Ganesha. I wish someone would start a Lord Brahma/Goddess Saraswati thread. I have never heard my spiritual master treat the Gods with disdain. Srila Prabhupada is a Lord Brahma worshipper, the Srimad Bhagavatam is four verses sung by the Creator. Lord Brahma is our great Acarya, the beginning of our sampradaya.

But kanistha adhikaris always fight over religious faith because their faith is very weak. They put others down because they feel the need to prop their own as the truest of the TRUE. But this is never the version by the great mahabhagavatas. The absorbtion in Bhagavan Realization gives them full access to know that "those guys" are not foreigners. The uttama adhikari understands that all are full bhaktas, devotees of t6he lord. Because of this full realization, the uttama adhikari accepts the madhyama adhikari platform in order to see a distinction between those inclined toward devotional service (Bhakti Yoga) and those who are not, and for the latter, devises plans for them to remember their actual position.

Srila Prabhupada does not attack the demigods, never. He repeats Bhagavad Gita where Krsna admonishes those who worship demigods for materialistic gain, but he also clearly repeats Srila Rupa Goswami who admonishes the so-called krsna worshipper who worships krsna for materialistic gain, actually a severe offense to the holy name in itself. Worshipping of demigods for material gain is stated to be foolish, while worshipping of Krsna for material gain is stated to be offensive. It is much better to be a fool than an offender.

But the demigods are not at fault, they are Gods because Krsna has made them Gods, in other words, they are worshippable pure devotees. Srila Prabhupada repeats Bhagavatam in describing the twelve authorities of bhakti yoga. These authorities are certainly worshippable, and vaisnavas who fail to worship such authorities certainly have little hope for spiritual advancement. If Lord Brahma is not regarded, then Srimad Bhagavatam does not exist. If we do not want to hear from Lord Siva of Lord Yamaraja, we are fools and offenders. If the kumaras, sukadeva, and narada are neglected, then we fail. In fact, we are instructed to worship asuras as well. Demons! ya say, but the fact is that two of these twelve authorities on bhakti yoga were born into the class known as asuras, both Prahlada and Bali Maharaja are kings of asura line.

We may get all wrapped up in the story line, especfially with Lord Indra. Yeah, he may be a bit puffed up, but just wait til you're the king of heaven, see how you do. Indra is sufficiently humbled for his excesses, he pays his dues, he never deserves the disrespect that Ive seen laid on him and other gods by those vaisnavas who should know better.

The religion of Hinduism reflects the histories of Bharatavarsa. Now the hindu may think bharatavarsa is India, but the time scale of the histories indicate Bharatavarsa may have existed long before what is now seen as india. Persoanlly, I believe, through study of ramayana mixed with understandings of plate techtonics (religion and science, how dare thee, mahaksaji) that Bharatavarsa was the whole world, and the continents have separated only as pollution increases with the end of each previous age. If hinduism is reserved for only those in the 21 century of the christian era who live in India, then these folks are sadly mistaken and very ignorant and rejected by anyone with spiritual aspirations, placed in the same catagory as southern baptists, scientologists and other tribalistic nonsense.

Bharatavarsa is the whole planet. Hindu culture exists everywhere, in russia, in south america, in polynesia, in british columbia. Not the immigrants, but rather the archaeological artifacts. Sri Michael Cremo is doing good archaeology in this regard. As we see as the monkey king assigns various generals to go fing Srimati Sitadevi. general one - Go to the west, to the end of the earth, and look beyond the great sea. General 2 - Go to the east, to the end of the earth, and look beyond the great sea. General 3 - Go to the north, to the end of the earth, and look beyond the great sea. General 4 - Go to the south, to the end of the earth, and look beyond the great sea.

Soundes to me like bharatavarsa is a super-continent, like the geologists confirm, before the great changes that sent everything away from mother afrika.

Anyway, this is a vast subject, but the point is, hinduism is not a problem, it is a great culture. There are some who will nit pick and say that "hindu" is the name given those practicers conquered by mogul invaders, which may be true, but origins of words do not have anything to do with present day context of the same word. My ancesters, the nez perce, are called Indians, but never set foot on the sub-continent. Baseball players from cleveland are called indians, but their logo isnt of a yogi. I accept the association of my hindu brothers and sisters because they know what I am talking about when I am immersed in the stories that have become my life and soul.

Anyway, like I said, I like folks who are likable, I dont to those who arent, has nothing to do with what tags they want to frame upon themselves, be it hindu, christian, vaisnava, mayavadi, et al

Hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa