IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Om Ganapathiyai Namah

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Gaanapadhyayai Namah, Om Gananathaya Namah

This God of knowledge and the remover of obstacles is also the older son of Lord Shiva. Lord Ganesha is also called Vinayak ( knowledgeable ) or Vighneshwer (god to remove obstacles). He is worshipped, or at least remembered, in the beginning of any auspicious performance for blessings and auspiciousness.

He has four hands, elephant's head and a big belly. His vehicle is a tiny mouse. In his hands he carries a rope (to carry devotees to the truth), an axe (to cut devotees' attachments), and a sweet dessert ball -laddoo- (to reward devotees for spiritual activity). His fourth hand's palm is always extended to bless people.

A unique combination of his elephant-like head and a quick moving tiny mouse vehicle represents tremendous wisdom, intellegence, and presence of mind.

Hindus firmly believe that Lord Ganesha(Ganpati)is the Obstacle remover and quote that every other entity be it God or Human being needs to bow to him in order to succeed in whatever they are pursuing. This has been quoted in many instances including Puranas and Ethihasas.

This was the sole purpose he was created and even the Trinity of GODS offer their prayers to him before any of their actions including Lord Shiva himself…

In this website i noted that every topic somehow ends with Krsna being the only way to end all sufferings and be prosperous,since this website is still named as Hindu-religion.net

instead of ISCKON.com i would like to remind as Hindus we worship the respective gods for their respective roles and not call other gods as Demi Gods and only Krsna as supreme.This is never the case in Hinduism, Lord Shiva has his role, Lord Brahma his and Lord Vishnu his and all other gods their roles to bless the devotee and all trinity had no beginning, no end…Its not like Lord Shiva is superior and Visnu inferior etc…its definitely not that way, so please do not spread that kind of a thought.

I am sorry to say that is the kind of thought that’s been spread on here.

Hinduism is a Poly Theistic religion and not a Mono Theistic one,so please respect Hinduism and the beliefs of Hindus or else atleast change the website name to Prabupada.com or ISCKON.com,this is a very humble request from a ardent Hindu.

Hinduism is already facing with lot of attacks from Christianity and Islam over the years, we don’t need another one like that, instead of deleting this post give it a thought, respect all GODS or atleast give time for people to decide on what i said rather you delete it because i pointed out about Hinduism being Polytheistic.

If you still feel that only Krsna is supreme and all other GODS are demigods then challenge it openly, don’t come under the disguise of a Hindu or a Hindu Website, there seems to be no relation between your concept and Hinduism.

Advaitam and so many other concepts are merged with Hinduism where as Krsna movement has no acceptance of all that but conveniently use Hinduism and Hindus money,support when needed.

Let me know how many Hindus agree to this, its a age old concept and every Hindu will be aware of Lord Ganpati and his powers.

So let us see how many Hindus are allowed to post their views on here....

Om Vigneshwaraya Namah

Om Namah Shivayah

Om Namoh Narayana

Jai Sree Ram

__

moderator's note: regarding your statement

"In this website i noted that every topic somehow ends with Krsna being the only way to end all sufferings and be prosperous, since this website is still named as Hindu-religion.net instead of ISCKON.com i would like to remind as Hindus we worship the respective gods for their respective roles and not call other gods as Demi Gods and only Krsna as supreme."

This section of the website you have posted in, is the forum for Audarya-Fellowship. A little farther down the front page is the forum you refered to "Hindu-Religion.net" where you should find people who post with the more Poly Theistic view of religion. Sorry for any confusion. In early 2006, we had put up the following notice:

"The forums at Hare-Krishna.org and Hindu-Religion.net have been re-merged with the Audarya Forums in seperate categories, so that users can access all three forums with a single login. Visitors from those sites will be sent directly to their own forums, but if they browse around enough they may make their way back to the Audarya forums as well."

Guest guest

I have to agree with you on this,Hinduism has always been Polytheistic.There was no time our Gurus and Saints vindicate that you have to consider only one GOD as the Supreme.

Advaitham and Shanmatham was the path breaking theories that proved to the world that Parabrahman is one but in many forms and also respective gods have respective powers.

Thru Shanmatham Adisankara clearly depicted the worship of 6 different forms of the Divine Energy manifested out of Parabrahm.

Aham Brahmasmeee

Guest guest

Om Gaanapadhyayai Namah, Om Gananathaya Namah

This God of knowledge and the remover of obstacles is also the older son of Lord Shiva. Lord Ganesha is also called Vinayak ( knowledgeable ) or Vighneshwer (god to remove obstacles). He is worshipped, or at least remembered, in the beginning of any auspicious performance for blessings and auspiciousness.

He has four hands, elephant's head and a big belly. His vehicle is a tiny mouse. In his hands he carries a rope (to carry devotees to the truth), an axe (to cut devotees' attachments), and a sweet dessert ball -laddoo- (to reward devotees for spiritual activity). His fourth hand's palm is always extended to bless people.

A unique combination of his elephant-like head and a quick moving tiny mouse vehicle represents tremendous wisdom, intellegence, and presence of mind.

Hindus firmly believe that Lord Ganesha(Ganpati)is the Obstacle remover and quote that every other entity be it God or Human being needs to bow to him in order to succeed in whatever they are pursuing. This has been quoted in many instances including Puranas and Ethihasas.

This was the sole purpose he was created and even the Trinity of GODS offer their prayers to him before any of their actions including Lord Shiva himself…

In this website i noted that every topic somehow ends with Krsna being the only way to end all sufferings and be prosperous,since this website is still named as Hindu-religion.net

instead of ISCKON.com i would like to remind as Hindus we worship the respective gods for their respective roles and not call other gods as Demi Gods and only Krsna as supreme.This is never the case in Hinduism, Lord Shiva has his role, Lord Brahma his and Lord Vishnu his and all other gods their roles to bless the devotee and all trinity had no beginning, no end…Its not like Lord Shiva is superior and Visnu inferior etc…its definitely not that way, so please do not spread that kind of a thought.

I am sorry to say that is the kind of thought that’s been spread on here.

Hinduism is a Poly Theistic religion and not a Mono Theistic one,so please respect Hinduism and the beliefs of Hindus or else atleast change the website name to Prabupada.com or ISCKON.com,this is a very humble request from a ardent Hindu.

Hinduism is already facing with lot of attacks from Christianity and Islam over the years, we don’t need another one like that, instead of deleting this post give it a thought, respect all GODS or atleast give time for people to decide on what i said rather you delete it because i pointed out about Hinduism being Polytheistic.

If you still feel that only Krsna is supreme and all other GODS are demigods then challenge it openly, don’t come under the disguise of a Hindu or a Hindu Website, there seems to be no relation between your concept and Hinduism.

Advaitam and so many other concepts are merged with Hinduism where as Krsna movement has no acceptance of all that but conveniently use Hinduism and Hindus money,support when needed.

Let me know how many Hindus agree to this, its a age old concept and every Hindu will be aware of Lord Ganpati and his powers.

So let us see how many Hindus are allowed to post their views on here....

Om Vigneshwaraya Namah

Om Namah Shivayah

Om Namoh Narayana

Jai Sree Ram

A very nice post! :) Yes Indeed, its a vedic norm to start any yahya, havan, any auspicious action with Ganapati worship. All the saints and avatars did this as well following and confirming to this Great vedic tradition. In fact if a yagya is not started with ganapati Pujan, its not considered complete.

Om Shri Ganeshaye namah!

Guest guest

A very nice post! :) Yes Indeed, its a vedic norm to start any yahya, havan, any auspicious action with Ganapati worship. All the saints and avatars did this as well following and confirming to this Great vedic tradition. In fact if a yagya is not started with ganapati Pujan, its not considered complete.

Om Shri Ganeshaye namah!

This should be the answer to people like GURUVANI who claim other GODS are Demi Gods and only Krsna is supreme.

Without Gananatha nothing happens,any action started without offering prayers to him fails miserably and the consequences are dire..

Guest guest

Hari Bol,

In India there are different demigod worship in different parts of India. In south and maharstra Ganapati puja is big thing. In east India like Bengal , Bihar Durga puja is big thing. In Tamilnadu probably Kartikya is popular. Probably if you trace back ,everything has some history. Like Ganpati puja was popularized by lokmanya tilak in maharasta to unite people.

If you read bahgwat gita, there Lord clearly says that it is better to go to lord directly instead of demigods. and who are those Demigods. If you are attached to Gansha , you will say he is GOD not demigod, similarly Shiva, Durga, brahma etc.

But in Gita Lord has used word Aham ( mai , me) so many times and if that is also not followed and follow the rest 33 crore Devatta whats the use.

Demigods are great, they are high class devotees that is why Lord has put them in that position.

YS, DEV ( A born hindu in brahmin family [but it is all absud , no one can be born hindu or brahmin])

Guest guest

Hari Bol,

In India there are different demigod worship in different parts of India. In south and maharstra Ganapati puja is big thing. In east India like Bengal , Bihar Durga puja is big thing. In Tamilnadu probably Kartikya is popular. Probably if you trace back ,everything has some history. Like Ganpati puja was popularized by lokmanya tilak in maharasta to unite people.

If you read bahgwat gita, there Lord clearly says that it is better to go to lord directly instead of demigods. and who are those Demigods. If you are attached to Gansha , you will say he is GOD not demigod, similarly Shiva, Durga, brahma etc.

But in Gita Lord has used word Aham ( mai , me) so many times and if that is also not followed and follow the rest 33 crore Devatta whats the use.

Demigods are great, they are high class devotees that is why Lord has put them in that position.

YS, DEV ( A born hindu in brahmin family [but it is all absud , no one can be born hindu or brahmin])

LOL! Here comes the iskcon understanding and explanation of how Hindus are wrong! Maybe its the other way around? Lord Shiva also says come to him directly and he is supreme in Shiv Gita. Lord Brahma also accepts Lord Shiva as Supreme in Bhagwatam. Why don't you accept it? Of course your attachment is to Krsna so you will say this only. And only read only those parts where Narayan is stated as supreme. Since Hare Krsna is the only thing that was preached to you. Other followers of Gods are not into Porpaganda and chela making business. Its just a natural process. But what the posts say about Lord Ganesha is true. It is vedic norm to worship Ganapati. And Krsna also says in Bhagwat Gita very clearly to worship other Gods too! you just conveniently miss that out!! You don't accept all of Bhagwat Gita reasoning that oh its for other class of people who are lower than us... etc.

Guest guest

Hari Bol,

In India there are different demigod worship in different parts of India.

Yes this "DemiGod" word is a pure iskcon thing. Their interpretation and propaganda.

Guest guest

Hari Bol,

A ISKCONi in disguise..

We dont need to follow just BagavadGeetha,there are Shiva Puranas,Shanmathams and so many other things to follow,no one is restricted to follow just Bagavad geetha just because Prabupada said so.

Hinduism is Polytheistic,we all know what you are trying to do to Hinduism,so quit your Krsna preaching....

Guest guest

A ISKCONi in disguise..

We dont need to follow just BagavadGeetha,there are Shiva Puranas,Shanmathams and so many other things to follow,no one is restricted to follow just Bagavad geetha just because Prabupada said so.

Hinduism is Polytheistic,we all know what you are trying to do to Hinduism,so quit your Krsna preaching....

When you die what others chant. RAM NAAM satya hai.

RAM name is true other all no use. The relatives get solace by reading bhagwat gita only. Other sastra are good for material advancement etc. But Ultimate truth is Bhawat Gita ONLY. YS, DEV

Guest guest

LOL! Here comes the iskcon understanding and explanation of how Hindus are wrong! Maybe its the other way around? Lord Shiva also says come to him directly and he is supreme in Shiv Gita. Lord Brahma also accepts Lord Shiva as Supreme in Bhagwatam. Why don't you accept it? Of course your attachment is to Krsna so you will say this only. And only read only those parts where Narayan is stated as supreme. Since Hare Krsna is the only thing that was preached to you. Other followers of Gods are not into Porpaganda and chela making business. Its just a natural process. But what the posts say about Lord Ganesha is true. It is vedic norm to worship Ganapati. And Krsna also says in Bhagwat Gita very clearly to worship other Gods too! you just conveniently miss that out!! You don't accept all of Bhagwat Gita reasoning that oh its for other class of people who are lower than us... etc.

For ISKCONis Prabupada is bigger than any other person who talks religion and we should blindly follow him and renounce our gods(who as per him are demigods)

I posted about Ganpathi purposefully because he is the Muzhumuthar Kadavul,that is the first one to bow to,this is justa beginning,i am going to post more on other gods and Godesses and their mahimas,but first lets get this misleading theory that all GODS are demigods out and its prolly the biggest myth ever and its a shame that too many Hindus living in USA have already started believing in it,like one guy in a Hindu temple in Florida told me that Shiva was a Vaishnavaite himself,maybe i shouldve said ya Vishnu is the number one Shaivaite then..

Guest guest

When you die what others chant. RAM NAAM satya hai.

RAM name is true other all no use. The relatives get solace by reading bhagwat gita only. Other sastra are good for material advancement etc. But Ultimate truth is Bhawat Gita ONLY. YS, DEV

well i dont blame you for ur ignornace,what do u know of Markandeya and how he attained Immortality.he never chanted Rama or Krsna,who are just avatars.

What do u know of the power of Trinity gods who have no beginning no end..

Im sure this is all just past time for u guys(ISKCONis)and the money u get paid sure makes u continue this rigid worship of Prabupada's books..

Om Namah Shivayah

Guest guest

Yes this "DemiGod" word is a pure iskcon thing. Their interpretation and propaganda.

Bhagwat Gita 7:20 .Tranlated by 4 people.

Dr. Prasad

Persons, whose discernment has been carried away by various desires impelled by their Karmic impression, resort to celestial controllers and practice various religious rites. (7.20)

Gita as it is

Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.(7.20)

PROFESSOR S. RADHAKRISHNAN

But those whose minds are distorted by desires resort to other gods, observing various rites, constrained by their own natures.

Swami Gambhirananda

People, deprived of their wisdom by desires for various objects and guided by their own nature, resort to other deities following the relevant methods. (7.20)

Guest guest

Bhagwat Gita 7:20 .Tranlated by 4 people.

Dr. Prasad

Persons, whose discernment has been carried away by various desires impelled by their Karmic impression, resort to celestial controllers and practice various religious rites. (7.20)

Gita as it is

Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.(7.20)

But those whose minds are distorted by desires resort to other gods, observing various rites, constrained by their own natures.

Swami Gambhirananda

People, deprived of their wisdom by desires for various objects and guided by their own nature, resort to other deities following the relevant methods. (7.20)

Oh so Dr Prasad and Prof S Radhakrishnan are bigger than Adhi Shankara and other great saints who prayed and praised other gods?

Wow that is news to us Hindus.

Guest guest

Gita 7:23

Dr. Prasad

Such material gains of these less intelligent human beings are temporary. The worshipers of celestial controllers go to celestial controllers, but My devotees certainly come to Me. (7.23)

Gita as it is

Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My supreme planet.(7.23)

23) But temporary is the fruit gained by these men of small minds. The worshippers of the gods go to the gods but My devotees come to Me.

Swami Gambhirananda

That result of theirs who are of poor intellect is indeed limited. The worshippers of gods go to the gods. My devotees go to Me alone. (7.23)

Guest guest

Oh so Dr Prasad and Prof S Radhakrishnan are bigger than Adhi Shankara and other great saints who prayed and praised other gods?

Wow that is news to us Hindus.

It is bhagwat Gita which says that. They are mere translator.

TRANSLATION Bhagavad-gita 9.23

Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me, O son of Kunti, but they do so in a wrong way.

PURPORT

"Persons who are engaged in the worship of demigods are not very intelligent, although such worship is offered to Me indirectly," Krishna says. For example, when a man pours water on the leaves and branches of a tree without pouring water on the root, he does so without sufficient knowledge or without observing regulative principles. Similarly, the process of rendering service to different parts of the body is to supply food to the stomach. The demigods are, so to speak, different officers and directors in the government of the Supreme Lord. One has to follow the laws made by the government, not by the officers or directors. Similarly, everyone is to offer his worship to the Supreme Lord only. That will automatically satisfy the different officers and directors of the Lord. The officers and directors are engaged as representatives of the government, and to offer some bribe to the officers and directors is illegal. This is stated here as avidhi-purvakam. In other words, Krishna does not approve the unnecessary worship of the demigods.

Why are people bothered because other people prefer the mono-theism of the Bhagavad-gita over their own version of poly-theism.

You be hindu all you like. Personally the idea of identifying myself as hindu christian muslim or buddhist is not at all attractive to me.

Guest guest

Why are people bothered because other people prefer the mono-theism of the Bhagavad-gita over their own version of poly-theism.

You be hindu all you like. Personally the idea of identifying myself as hindu christian muslim or buddhist is not at all attractive to me.

It may not be attractive for you,we dont care for what is attractive to you are not,i was emphasising that Hinduism is Polytheistic and this website having its name as hindu-religion.net was allowing most postings to have ISKCON dominated views and threads and completely ignoring Hinduisms fundamental view of Polytheism and that message reached the right people(HINDUS),you dont even need to talk about it,what is your problem if i address this issue that is degrading Hindu Gods,you address yourself as Theist,well that maybe unattractive to many,so who cares what you are attracted to.

I was letting people know that Lord Gananatha is the first and foremost god and how important it is to pray him,i dont know what religion you follow to argue like this..

I am a Hindu and proud to be identified by it,if you are not then you got no business here..

I am a Hindu and proud to be identified by it,if you are not then you got no business here..

There is your problem. You think your identity is a religion. That is ahankara. You are spiritsoul and not a certain species, race, politicalparty or religion. Can you say Aham Brahmasmi?

Guest guest

There is your problem. You think your identity is a religion. That is ahankara. You are spiritsoul and not a certain species, race, politicalparty or religion. Can you say Aham Brahmasmi?

I knew you are going to come to this...Having a identity as a Hindu is not Ahankara,it is the truth that we Hindus need to identify ourselves in order to drive out these misleading sources thrashing Hindu gods and trying to divide and rule Hinduism

It is very clear you are either a ISKCONi or Christian or some confused person who is just trying to argue with abstract concepts and no substance..

None of the folks on here have been identifying themselves as Superspirits,why didnt you tell your superspirit theory to the ISKCONIs?Why just Hindus?

You are a Hypocrite,no one in this world is without Identity,your theory of soul etc is not practised by anyone including you,so what do you identify yourself when you go to work,do you tell them you are a spirit soul?

What did you identify yourself at school?

Did you tell them you are a spirit soul?

What did you identify yourself during your marriage?

Did you tell your wife you are a spirit soul?

Even in this forum you identify yourself as Theist rather than a supersoul?

It is interesting and quite ironic, that some will accuse the vaisnava (meaning one who supports Visnu Tattwa forms of the Supreme Lord as superior to the forms of other, created personalities) of offense against the hindu tradition. Actually, Vaisnavism is the very revival of hinduism, due to the authenticity of monotheism.

While polytheism is also accepted, and only foolish people try to deride the great worshippable personalities, the superiority of Lord Govinda is even accepted by Sankara and other authorities. The vaisnava accepts the Bhagavad Gita as the teachings of God to the world. Bhagavad Gita places proper emphasis on the4 demigods and polytheism, where the hindu should not have any difficulty. Because when Krsna sings, he does not vilify the gods at all, he praises them, and sahows where they reside in regards to himself. He is the sun, the moon, and the stars. The consciousness of the (demi)gods is not like the consciousness of the hindus and western converts to sanatana dharma, where our competition gets more and more contrivced until we get to the ethnic cleansing phase of the jihadis and the Irish.

Lord Brahma worships Lord Siva, Lord Siva Worships Lord Brahma, both worship Lord Narayana, Lord Narayana has intimacy levels with his confidential associates Brahma and Siva that are inconceivable to the hindu. The songs of praise we place at the feet of the gods are childrens ditties, we have no idea at all, and here we are, saying Lord Siva is less, saying Ganesha worship is foolish.

The ironic thing about this debate is that those who say "Hooray" are the same as those who say "Boo". Cheerleaders for their cause. But Lord Ganesha will remove these impediments, Lord Brahma will deliver divyajnana, Lord Siva will continue his dance in our favor, Lord Yamaraja will appear as friend and not undertaker in our last breath. The Gods do not have our problems, and their wars against each other (such as the Banasura affair) are simply fun for them, pastime. And Krsna never leaves Goloka Vrndavan.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

It is interesting and quite ironic, that some will accuse the vaisnava (meaning one who supports Visnu Tattwa forms of the Supreme Lord as superior to the forms of other, created personalities) of offense against the hindu tradition. Actually, Vaisnavism is the very revival of hinduism, due to the authenticity of monotheism.

While polytheism is also accepted, and only foolish people try to deride the great worshippable personalities, the superiority of Lord Govinda is even accepted by Sankara and other authorities. The vaisnava accepts the Bhagavad Gita as the teachings of God to the world. Bhagavad Gita places proper emphasis on the4 demigods and polytheism, where the hindu should not have any difficulty. Because when Krsna sings, he does not vilify the gods at all, he praises them, and sahows where they reside in regards to himself. He is the sun, the moon, and the stars. The consciousness of the (demi)gods is not like the consciousness of the hindus and western converts to sanatana dharma, where our competition gets more and more contrivced until we get to the ethnic cleansing phase of the jihadis and the Irish.

Lord Brahma worships Lord Siva, Lord Siva Worships Lord Brahma, both worship Lord Narayana, Lord Narayana has intimacy levels with his confidential associates Brahma and Siva that are inconceivable to the hindu. The songs of praise we place at the feet of the gods are childrens ditties, we have no idea at all, and here we are, saying Lord Siva is less, saying Ganesha worship is foolish.

The ironic thing about this debate is that those who say "Hooray" are the same as those who say "Boo". Cheerleaders for their cause. But Lord Ganesha will remove these impediments, Lord Brahma will deliver divyajnana, Lord Siva will continue his dance in our favor, Lord Yamaraja will appear as friend and not undertaker in our last breath. The Gods do not have our problems, and their wars against each other (such as the Banasura affair) are simply fun for them, pastime. And Krsna never leaves Goloka Vrndavan.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Yes interesting observation. But why do people get up against certain cult notions from so called vaishnavs? Not because they don't like Vaishnavism or worship of Vishnu. Worship of Vishnu in all his forms and vaishnavism is very much appreciated and love in India. But because they are burned out of the supporters of Vaishnavism's couple of sub sects trying to own the world and put a Vedic stamp on everything that they are doing. They try to justify their own action under the Vedic and Vaishnava umbrella. What's more if its not in line with this sect's narrow line of philosophy, its either tamsik or not acceptable or not Vedic!

It appears that in India when somebody is born into a family they go through their whole life stuck with the family deity and tradition. No matter which god your family worships that god is supreme and no amount of proper shastric evidence will ever change their mind.

That is why Hindus can never really be objective about the Vedic siddhanta because they are programmed and indoctrinated into the family tradition and the family god. Out of sentiment and family loyalty they go through their whole life with blinders on simply denying anything except what they learned in their family tradition.

Every Hindu thinks his family god is the supreme God.

Unfortunately, they all can't be right.

They can't be objective because of sentiment and family ties.

Here in the west, we get the opportunity to look at the Vedic siddhanta objectively with out so much of this blind devotion to the family deity or the village deity.

So, we make our judgements without all this pressure from family tradition and family religion.

I knew you are going to come to this...Having a identity as a Hindu is not Ahankara,it is the truth that we Hindus need to identify ourselves in order to drive out these misleading sources thrashing Hindu gods and trying to divide and rule Hinduism

Yes it is ahakara to consider yourself a hindu and then feeling the need to protect defend your idea of identity from those you consider of a different faith. You have given a very good example of ahankara

It is very clear you are either a ISKCONi or Christian or some confused person who is just trying to argue with abstract concepts and no substance..

I agree I lack substantial knowledge of the self and Superself. But I am confident that I am on the right path as I accept knowledge of these matters only from devotees of Mahaprabhu and His devotees.

None of the folks on here have been identifying themselves as Superspirits,why didnt you tell your superspirit theory to the ISKCONIs?Why just Hindus?

Spiritsoul not Superspirit. Krsna is the Supersoul or Paramatma, the rest of us are minute or jivatma. This is the distinction that is understood by the monotheists. One Supersoul over all other spiritsouls. Just like one sun illuminates the entire solar system. One God not many.

You are a Hypocrite,no one in this world is without Identity,

That is correct. We all have/are identities. The thing is to move from a false understanding of what that identity is to a true understanding of our identity as part and parcel of Krsna the one and only Supreme Being.

your theory of soul etc is not practised by anyone including you,so what do you identify yourself when you go to work,do you tell them you are a spirit soul?

What did you identify yourself at school?

Did you tell them you are a spirit soul?

What did you identify yourself during your marriage?

Did you tell your wife you are a spirit soul?

You make a good and practical point. We live in a world where everyone is crazy and we must play along to get along. The difference is we don't internally identify with the external game.

This is very difficult for beginners like myself. Afterall it is nothing less then a complete transformation of one's self conception and we are struggling with millions of years of conditioning under ahankara that tell us something different then Krsna's revealed truth in the Gita.

The beginning is to take in the truth intellectually (aham brahmasmi) and then try to realize it. This involves rejcting all identification with various material false identities forced upon us by material nature including religious identification and instead trying to see ourselves as spirit in essence and servant of Krsna in function. This cannot be realized at the same time as we cling to ideas of ourselves as products of matter. Oil and water do not mix. Light and darkness cannot inhabit the same room etc.

You can remain within your own religious context but you must internally grow into an understanding of yourself as transcendental self.

Even in this forum you identify yourself as Theist rather than a supersoul?

Yes theist means one who accepts the existence of a Supreme soul beyond himself. I am eternally a theist by nature.

Again Supersoul only refers to Krsna. I am not Krsna.

Guest guest

Every Hindu thinks his family god is the supreme God.

Unfortunately, they all can't be right.

They can't be objective because of sentiment and family ties.

Such ignorance. If that was the case, then Hinduism would not have undergone any changes in thousands of years.

Here in the west, we get the opportunity to look at the Vedic siddhanta objectively with out so much of this blind devotion to the family deity or the village deity.

But you have other problems! You cannot let go of your dependance on Jesus. Your new beliefs from India have to align with some of your pre-existing Christian ideals. Same problem with a different name.

So, we make our judgements without all this pressure from family tradition and family religion.

That was before you became a Hare Krishna. Since then, you have been biased and you are pressured by your own Hare Krishna beliefs to reject everything that disagrees with your beliefs.

You are no better or worse than the Hindus you are criticizing. It is the same problem all over the world. That is how religion is.