IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Devotion Contaminated by Reason?

Rate this topic

Do you even know what the rasa-panchadhayaya section of Srimad Bhagavatam is?

I may be the only one but I don't know what section is called rasa-panchadhayaya. Would you enlighten me please?

Even magicians like Chris Angel can make elephants disappear, get run over by a 10 ton roller and float above the tallest building in Los Vegas.

The Mind Freak is sooooooo far out there. Houdini Who?

Guest guest

I may be the only one but I don't know what section is called rasa-panchadhayaya. Would you enlighten me please?

Go ask Guruvani, he and he alone knows it all on this forum even more than us older Prabupada disciples.

The mystical aspect of the Sun vs. Moon distance dilemma is very elusive.

When the shastra refers to the "MOON" it is referring to that level of existence where the life forms are not made of Earthly ingrediants but of concentrated reflected Sunlight like the light that is coming from the Moon.

Candraloka is the plane of existence where lifeforms have bodies made of concentrated reflected Sunlight, not of Earthly ingrediants.

That is Candraloka. The realm of reflected Sunlight as opposed to Earth, water, fire, air etc.

The Bhagavat doesn't deal with a gross conception of the universe.

It deals with the most subtle and fundamental aspect of energy that is supplied and sustained by the Sun - Surya Narayana.

So, Candraloka, the realm of reflected Sunlight lifeforms, is beyond the Sun in relative distance. It is higher and more sublime than the Sun planet itself.

The distances of the Bhagavat are calculated in terms of vibratory light energy and planes of existence, not in terms of gross forms and globes visible to the naked eye.

The universe is all personal. All the planets are persons. They are NOT simply gross forms that are visible to the naked eye.

Obviously, the great rishis described the universe in terms of some higher vision than the vision of Earthings looking through glass lenses with their naked eyes.

Hope the moon sets soon so we can get back to something of value..... like the thread topic for example.

In the five years I have been around this forum I haven't seen a topic yet that stayed on topic.

I started this topic with the subject of the Moon and Sun distances.

So, how you can say it is all off topic is quite amuzing and quite untrue.

the issuse of thinking about the Bhagavatam's mystical aspect as opposed to trying to balance everything against scientific, empiric knowledge is very much a part of the subject of devotional service uncontaminated by reason and material scientific conceptions.

at least I think it is......................:argue:

Guest guest

I think that material rationalisation is contaminated by linear perceptions of time and space. There is a sticky wicket as devotees when it comes to the analysis of evolution. If we remove the need to address the progression of consciousness in a fashion that is confined to a linear analysis then the question of evolution becomes less problematic. As a devotee of Krishna then I don't experience a problem in accepting evolutionary theory as accepted by material scientists as from a material perspective this is clearly what happened. However, if we accept that spacetime is malleable and doesn't necessarily follow a linear order then why does it matter if the monkey came before the human?

There is an interesting article in the most recent new scientist that addresses this issue. Material scientists are now exploring the possiblity that the "universe knew we were coming". This explains why evolution is so precise. Consciousness is driving the move from plankton to human life. In short history works backwards. Human consciousness is the driving force of evolution, it is the purpose of life. We are the apex of evolution because we are its starting point. If you look at evolution from a materialist perspective it all seems like a happy accident. From the spiritual perspective it can be seen that the presence of consiousness within this universe inevitably leads to the development of the human form of life.

Material scientists are now exploring the possiblity that the "universe knew we were coming". This explains why evolution is so precise.

The only thing what is precise is that modern scientists know that their "theories" (these cannot even be called scientific theories but rather blind believes) are meant to fool the public, keep them in animalistic materialism and take the taxpayers money. Thats what's all about the so called "evolution theory". The evidence about the complexity of even just one fruitfly is so crushing, that modern scientists just laugh about our stupidity to consider their understanding of evolution as real.

Guest guest

Guruvani got so mad last night at me LOL, all I did was point out that Madhva did not accept Radha and the Gopis and this is such a basic tenet in Madhva doctrine. Like I said even the riksha walas in Udipi know this, but because it's not supported by HK vedabase it has to be wrong.

And for your info I am no longer am part of Iskcon or follow Bhaktivedanta Svami for many years now (thank God)

Guest guest

It is obvious that you had a problem with ISKCOn and left. But please dont become like the ritviks and tarnish the society by blaspheming everyone associated with it (not saying you'r doing it but just a remark prompted by your last statement below).

As regards Guruvani, his only guidance comes from <I>his</I> understanding of books and not from devotees of higher understanding. So he obviously makes many mistakes with incorrect understanding. But he does provide quotes to support his statements.

Guruvani got so mad last night at me LOL, all I did was point out that Madhva did not accept Radha and the Gopis and this is such a basic tenet in Madhva doctrine. Like I said even the riksha walas in Udipi know this, but because it's not supported by HK vedabase it has to be wrong.

And for your info I am no longer am part of Iskcon or follow Bhaktivedanta Svami for many years now (thank God)

As regards Guruvani, his only guidance comes from his understanding of books and not from devotees of higher understanding.

Translation:

He is not a groupie of Narayana Maharaja.:deal:

Guest guest

This Ritvik stuff is for people who do not associate with a proper Gaudiya Guru-Parampara, they remain within an imagined bubble, locked away from the rest of the Gaudiya world quoting from the vedabase.

Translation:

He is not a groupie of Narayana Maharaja.:deal:

I assume by goupie you mean someone who thinks that the guru can do it for them and they don't have to follow sadhana and serve. It's true that Prabhupada inculcated the 4 regs and 16 rounds min. with plenty of devotional service, yet their were many in the crowd that still acted like groupies. There's groupies of all gurus who preach in the West. The big question is the adhikara of the guru. At least none of the Indian born gurus with whiskers (or shaved) writes sex novels and twisted poems. (as far as I know).

Guest guest

LOL, very true! Ritviks provide plenty of entertainment though.

This Ritvik stuff is for people who do not associate with a proper Gaudiya Guru-Parampara, they remain within an imagined bubble, locked away from the rest of the Gaudiya world quoting from the vedabase.

I assume by goupie you mean someone who thinks that the guru can do it for them and they don't have to follow sadhana and serve. It's true that Prabhupada inculcated the 4 regs and 16 rounds min. with plenty of devotional service, yet their were many in the crowd that still acted like groupies. There's groupies of all gurus who preach in the West. The big question is the adhikara of the guru. At least none of the Indian born gurus with whiskers (or shaved) writes sex novels and twisted poems. (as far as I know).

Narayana Maharaja is fine in his own space.

He doesn't need to be interfering with ISKCON or the disciples of Srila Prabhupada or their faith in what Srila Prabhupada has done.

Problem is he has stuck his nose into ISKCON business, criticised Srila Prabhupada and offended many Vaishnavas.

Well, he was dragged into it, but he should not have allowed that.

He allowed himself to get sucked into ISKCON business and he should have known better.

That is not the symptom of an advanced devotee.

I guess if Narayana Maharaja offends thousands of disciples of Srila Prabhupada it should just be overlooked?

Guest guest

Most of the Ritviks have never even been to Vrndanava, they just hang out in America thinking they got the inside scoop in the Gaudiya world, quite entertaining is right.

I call them 'vedabasevadis"

LOL

Guest guest

ROFL! You're on a roll here man!

'vedabasevadis" ... LOL X 1000!!! Perfect description in 1 word. Masterly!

Most of the Ritviks have never even been to Vrndanava, they just hang out in America thinking they got the inside scoop in the Gaudiya world, quite entertaining is right.

I call them 'vedabasevadis"

LOL

ROFL! You're on a roll here man!

'vedabasevadis" ... LOL X 1000!!! Perfect description in 1 word. Masterly!

looks like the invasion of Narayan Maharaja groupies and the stool-bag guru siddhanta.

Guest guest

The western mind enjoys falls dichotomies - like the dichotomy between vapu and vani.

If vapu is absolutely necessary then book distribution is pointless and as soon as the guru leaves his body, one needs to get re-initiated.

Anybody who can convince himself that the guru is not present in his sound vibration has absolutely no idea what Vedanta is.

Guest guest

looks like the invasion of Narayan Maharaja groupies and the stool-bag guru siddhanta.

You don't even have a Guru, just a software program you quote from home, that is YOUR Guru you nutjob!

LOLOL

You don't even have a Guru, just a software program you quote from home, that is YOUR Guru you nutjob!

LOLOL

I am not so sure.

I think the nutjob is the one who thinks the guru is a stool-bag and that he can touch you on the head and make you all giddy in love of God.

(i.e the groupies of Narayana Maharaja)

Guest guest

Listen up all folks, Want initiation? ... no problem, just install Vedabase! ROFL!

LOLOL

Guest guest

I don't follow Narayan Maharaja, but I have to say I respect him a lot more than you Ritvik Vedabasevadis who never go to India for Sadhu Sanga or Kartik.

You ever been to Kartik? I bet not. You even know what that is?

Listen up all folks, Want initiation? ... no problem, just install Vedabase! ROFL!

that is what is called Bhagavati diksha.

yes, it is for real.

clowns like you aren't for real.

you don't study shastra.

you think whiskers is gonna save you because you took formal diksha from him. :D