IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Did Krishna Have A Female Gorilla As A Wife?

Rate this topic

In the Krishna-lila we hear that Krishna once had to leave Dwaraka to hunt down the missing brother of Satrajit who had went off to the forest on a horse with the Syamantaka jewel around his neck.

Prasena was shorty thereafter killed by a lion who took the jewel to his cave.

When the king of the gorillas Jambavan got news of this he went to the lion's cave, killed the lion and took the Syamantaka jewel and gave it to his young son to play with.

To make a story short, Krishna eventually found the dead body of Prasena and the dead lion and discovered that Jambavan had killed the lion and taken the Syamantaka jewel.

Anyway, there was a great fight between Lord Krishna and Jambavan that lasted for 28 days.

Eventually, Jambavan realized that only the Supreme Personality of Godhead had the power to fight him so powerfully.

Anyway, Jambavan heard the story of the jewel from Lord Krishna and gave it to him as well as his daughter in marriage.

Now, let me get this right.

Jambavan was a gorilla.

He gave his daughter to Krishna for his wife.

Krishna had a gorilla girl for a wife?(Jambavati)

somebody help me here...................

I mean, it sounds like one of Krishna's wives was a gorilla girl.

That is all I can figure.

In the Krishna-lila we hear that Krishna once had to leave Dwaraka to hunt down the missing brother of Satrajit who had went off to the forest on a horse with the Syamantaka jewel around his neck.

When the king of the gorillas Jambavan got news of this he went to the lion's cave, killed the lion and took the Syamantaka jewel and gave it to his young son to play with.

To make a story short, Krishna eventually found the dead body of Prasena and the dead lion and discovered that Jambavan had killed the lion and taken the Syamantaka jewel.

Anyway, there was a great fight between Lord Krishna and Jambavan that lasted for 28 days.

Eventually, Jambavan realized that only the Supreme Personality of Godhead had the power to fight him so powerfully.

Anyway, Jambavan heard the story of the jewel from Lord Krishna and gave it to him as well as his daughter in marriage.

Jambavan was a gorilla.

Guruvani:

But, Mahabharata has always been classified as Itihasa which is most usually translated as "history" and which literally means "that which happened".

So, now we are supposed to believe that Mahabharata is not history but an allegorical fable?

this allegorical insanity is for the birds.

Mahabharata is a history, not mythology.

Somebody needs to get all his marbles in one bag.

Well it must be literal then, right?

Guest guest

Jambavan was a gorilla.

the key to understanding this leela is understanding Jambavan and his wife. Jambavan was neither a monkey nor a bear - he was a Kimpurusha - so was his wife. as such, their daughter could look as human as she wanted

Guest guest

It amazes me when so-called devotees show that their devotion is tinged (rather severely) with their mundane perspective.

Jambhuvana is a hero from the Lord Ramachandra era. There were a few around, such as Muchukunda and even Sri Hanuman who was met by his brother Bhimasena while the Pandavas were in exile.

These personalities are so far beyond the human species, especially those stuck in kali yuga with their pea sized brains. Such ape-like sorry cases of existance will see low and high, but never see the actual case that is.

Sri Hanuman is seen by mundaners as a monkey, Jambhuvana is seen as a bear, but both exalted personalities are not even part of the biological spew. What, the bear has lived for 800,000 years and cannot be defeated even by Lord Krsna, who wiped out Lord Indra in seconds, who killed the great Putana Witch in seconds as a mere infant? Before you call jambhuvana a bear (you called him a monkey, which really shows your ignorance in the first place), show me bears that live 100 years, let alone 800,000.

Nitya-siddha persons who go where they please, those who are not subject to death, these personalities can assume any shape. Even the Nagas who live underground and assume the forms of snakes are not part of your small world of non-existant mind-power. By your conclusion, Lord Krsna satisfies the desires of snakes (Nagapatnis)?

Srimati Jambhuvati is the most beautiful daughter of Jambhuvana, the hero of the battle of Lanka of the Waves. Her so-called marriage for the world to see is just a play, because never is there a time when Jambhuvati and Lord Krsna are separate.

Shape-shifting is a common practice, not only for those nitya siddhas not entangled by this portion, but even some of todays humans can do this. Shape-shifting is a common art of the shamanistic, mostly indigenous tribesfolk.

The title of this thread is very offensive, and shows the mentality of the writer.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

It amazes me when so-called devotees show that their devotion is tinged (rather severely) with their mundane perspective.

Jambhuvana is a hero from the Lord Ramachandra era. There were a few around, such as Muchukunda and even Sri Hanuman who was met by his brother Bhimasena while the Pandavas were in exile.

These personalities are so far beyond the human species, especially those stuck in kali yuga with their pea sized brains. Such ape-like sorry cases of existance will see low and high, but never see the actual case that is.

Sri Hanuman is seen by mundaners as a monkey, Jambhuvana is seen as a bear, but both exalted personalities are not even part of the biological spew. What, the bear has lived for 800,000 years and cannot be defeated even by Lord Krsna, who wiped out Lord Indra in seconds, who killed the great Putana Witch in seconds as a mere infant? Before you call jambhuvana a bear (you called him a monkey, which really shows your ignorance in the first place), show me bears that live 100 years, let alone 800,000.

Nitya-siddha persons who go where they please, those who are not subject to death, these personalities can assume any shape. Even the Nagas who live underground and assume the forms of snakes are not part of your small world of non-existant mind-power. By your conclusion, Lord Krsna satisfies the desires of snakes (Nagapatnis)?

Srimati Jambhuvati is the most beautiful daughter of Jambhuvana, the hero of the battle of Lanka of the Waves. Her so-called marriage for the world to see is just a play, because never is there a time when Jambhuvati and Lord Krsna are separate.

Shape-shifting is a common practice, not only for those nitya siddhas not entangled by this portion, but even some of todays humans can do this. Shape-shifting is a common art of the shamanistic, mostly indigenous tribesfolk.

The title of this thread is very offensive, and shows the mentality of the writer.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

blah,blah, blah.............

that's an awful lot of nasty attitude considering that your spiritual master referred to Jambavan as the King of the Gorillas.

In the Ramayan, Jambavan is always referred to as a primate-like (monkey)

and if you have any evidence that he was a "shapeshifter" then please present it.

Srila Prabhupada refers to Jambavan as the King of Gorillas.

He is known in Ramayana as a primate-like being.

Personally, I don't see what the problem is if Lord Krishna has a beautiful gorilla girl for his wife.

Why is it so bad that Lord Krishna has a beautiful Gorilla girl for his wife?

Krishna does all kinds of amazing things.

Having a beautiful gorilla girl for his wife is not so unthinkable.

Maybe you have some problem with Gorilla females?

Please shows us some evidence that Jambavan was some "shapeshifter" that you speak of.

Or, is that just another one of your fancy imaginations?

Jambavan lived in the jungle.

Guest guest

blah,blah, blah.......

That it was indeed... coming from you...

for the record: gorillas dont live in India. they never did. it is an african animal

Krsna can do anything. But that does not mean that He did.

Literal fact or story telling to keep our childish minds on Krsna?

All the more reason, I believe, to concentrate on seeing the Lord present before us as revealed in the Bhagavad-gita and then let the Lord reveal more and more about Himself and the nature of His lila after we become situated on a plane of clear hearing.

That it was indeed... coming from you...

for the record: gorillas dont live in India. they never did. it is an african animal

Duh,

The Ramayana Epic happened in Treta Yuga.

That means that it happened over a million years ago.

I don't think anyone can say what forms of life there were in South Asia a million years ago in Treta-yuga.

Things were surely a lot different a million years ago.

Many species have become extinct in many parts of the world in the last million years.

the key to understanding this leela is understanding Jambavan and his wife. Jambavan was neither a monkey nor a bear - he was a Kimpurusha - so was his wife. as such, their daughter could look as human as she wanted

Please show the proper reference from any authoritative source that Jambavan was Kimpurusha.

I have seen proper reference that Hanuman was Kimpurusha, but I haven't seen anything like that on Jambavan.

Most usually Jambavan is termed "riksha" which is sometimes translated as monkey and sometimes as bear.

Most usually Jambavan is termed "riksha" which is sometimes translated as monkey and sometimes as bear.

Was he a riksha guru or a regular guru? The rikshas are ruining this Movement! I was just at the Prabhupada Festival in LA and there were both monkeys and bears handing out riksha propaganda. Some members of the LA Temple were handing out flyers that said, "Don't Feed the Rikshas!":crazy2:

Was he a riksha guru or a regular guru? The rikshas are ruining this Movement! I was just at the Prabhupada Festival in LA and there were both monkeys and bears handing out riksha propaganda. Some members of the LA Temple were handing out flyers that said, "Don't Feed the Rikshas!":crazy2:

thats funny.

The ritviks are like a bad case of genital herpes on the groin of the GBC.

Once you get herpes it never goes away.

(no, I don't have herpes)

Guest guest

Duh,

The Ramayana Epic happened in Treta Yuga.

That means that it happened over a million years ago.

I don't think anyone can say what forms of life there were in South Asia a million years ago in Treta-yuga.

Things were surely a lot different a million years ago.

Many species have become extinct in many parts of the world in the last million years.

I am not sure whether I should laugh or cry here...

First, you insist Jambavan is a gorilla. The shastric based objections are raised that he is sometimes described as a monkey and sometimes as a bear but he is also described as Kimpurusha - a non human species known for the ability to change external form.

Then the logic based objections are raised, such as that no monkey or a bear can live as long as Jambavan (he was old even at the time of the Ramayana), or that gorillas dont live in India and (as far as material science goes) they never did. Thus he was no ordinary creature with ordinary body.

You are ignorant of shastric references in this regard as well as deficient in logic. You asked a question and got some answers, now it is up to you to figure out the rest.

Arjuna married Ulupi, the Naga princess, and had children with her. Bhima married Hidimbi the Rakshasi, and their son was the mighty Ghatotkacha. The Universe is far, far more complex than simpletons like you suspect.

I am not sure whether I should laugh or cry here...

First, you insist Jambavan is a gorilla. The shastric based objections are raised that he is sometimes described as a monkey and sometimes as a bear but he is also described as Kimpurusha - a non human species known for the ability to change external form.

Then the logic based objections are raised, such as that no monkey or a bear can live as long as Jambavan (he was old even at the time of the Ramayana), or that gorillas dont live in India and (as far as material science goes) they never did. Thus he was no ordinary creature with ordinary body.

You are ignorant of shastric references in this regard as well as deficient in logic. You asked a question and got some answers, now it is up to you to figure out the rest.

Arjuna married Ulupi, the Naga princess, and had children with her. Bhima married Hidimbi the Rakshasi, and their son was the mighty Ghatotkacha. The Universe is far, far more complex than simpletons like you suspect.

so, in other words you have no scriptural support for your claim that Jambavan was a Kimpurusa and just just made it up because you thought it sounded cool?

Me the simpleton?

I am the one that says Krishna can have a gorilla girl for a wife and you simpletons are the one that is trying to say that such a thing is not possilbe.

Now, who is the simpleton here?

You are just trying to dodge my request that you show proof that Jambavan was a Kimpurusha, because in fact it's just an idea you dreamed up all by your itty-bitty self.

Guest guest

so, in other words you have no scriptural support for your claim that Jambavan was a Kimpurusa and just just made it up because you thought it sounded cool?

Throughout all editions of Ramayana Jambavan, Hanuman and the rest of their tribe are described as vanaras (which stands for "forest dwelling almost humans") which as a species belongs to the Kimpurusha category according to Puranic scholars. If you want a link, there is a blurb on that by JNdas. Search under: What species was Jambavan?

Throughout all editions of Ramayana Jambavan, Hanuman and the rest of their tribe are described as vanaras (which stands for "forest dwelling almost humans") which as a species belongs to the Kimpurusha category according to Puranic scholars. If you want a link, there is a blurb on that by JNdas. Search under: What species was Jambavan?

Vanara

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

<!-- start content --> Vanara (Sanskrit: वानर) literally "human with the tail of a monkey". It popularly refers to the race of ape-like humanoids in the Hindu epic Ramayana who were brave and inquisitive by nature. The name Vanara could also be an abbrevation of the from Vana-nara (the humans (nara) settled in forests (vana)). The epic Mahabharata describe them as a tribe dwelling in the midst of forest. They were encountered by Sahadeva, a Pandava general who led a military campaign to south India.

In the Krishna Book, this Jambavan is described as king of the gorillas.

What reason do we have to think that the daughter of this gorilla was a beautiful human girl?

It's just a major leap to just think that the daughter of the gorilla king was a human girl.

I can envision that this gorilla girl was something of a humanlike primate that was not an ordinary female gorilla but was a very beautiful female primate with human-like features with some gorilla-like features.

Krishna has many wonderful and amazing pastimes.

I think marrying a beautiful Vanara girl is not beyond the realm of possibilites.

Then again, Krishna could have transformed the Vanara girl into a human girl or a goddess very easily.

Guest guest

Not everything is necessary to understand, dont we know that hinduism is the oldest and the greatest of all religions. It is people like us that dont understand the depth of its secrecy. God has given human mind to think but if you try to think thing for e.g. how does the world rotate, what makes it rotate etc is beyond the power of the human mind. To understand take a deep breath and beleive, it is just beleif at the end of the day that brings you closer to God. You can never think the description of God it is just our thinking as to how beautiful he would be. Always be concerned but never disrespect. This is one piece of advice, take it or leave it, is all upto you.

Jai

In the Krishna Book, this Jambavan is described as king of the gorillas.

What reason do we have to think that the daughter of this gorilla was a beautiful human girl?

It's just a major leap to just think that the daughter of the gorilla king was a human girl.

I can envision that this gorilla girl was something of a humanlike primate that was not an ordinary female gorilla but was a very beautiful female primate with human-like features with some gorilla-like features.

Krishna has many wonderful and amazing pastimes.

I think marrying a beautiful Vanara girl is not beyond the realm of possibilites.

Then again, Krishna could have transformed the Vanara girl into a human girl or a goddess very easily.

Guest guest

Guruvani says "Blah blah blah". Over and over and over again, all over these topics, what a gruesome person..

Shapeshifting is the single most similarity with all the scriptures, shastras, indigenous folk lores, histories, etc. The veda is full of such wonders, even the bible has references all over the place where shape shifting takes place. Lord Yamaraja, when he decides to test King Yudhisthira, appears as a yaksa (and with the form of a crane). Krsna is fully present as a bumblebee in the groves of lonely gopis.

Considering great devotees and nitya-siddha associates of the Suprreme Lord in terms of bodily concepts is greatly offensive. Just as Lord Varaha assumes the form of a boar to root the earth out of a filthy place, placed there by hiranyaksa, the nitya siddha vaisnavas who come to play with the Supreme Lord in his incarnation Lord Ramachandra "ASSUME" the forms needed to play this role. Because of the boon of Lord Brahma to Ravanasura, he could not be harmed by the demigods. Thus, Ramas associates come as various animals, monkeys, bears, etc, to do away with this demon. These are not monkeys or bears, they are not residents at all of this planet. Their biology is not bound by laws of physics, they do not die like monkeys or bears.

It is also highly offensive to state that the goddess of Fortune, Srimati Jambavani, is a product of mere biological considerations. She controls the world, not the other way around. She is neither gorilla nor is she human. She is not even jiva tattwa, having a special catagory of her own as the internal potency of the Supreme Lord.

I am offended not only by mr blah blah blah's reference to Srimati Jambavati as a gorilla, but even his ridiculous speculations in an area that he is obviously not at all realized in. It is just as offensive to state that Krsna may have made her into a human girl or goddess. What total nonsense. What makes him think krsna is interested in humans? It is certainly not Prabhupadas teachings that humans, any human, are qualified to directly take part in the pastimes of Krsna. The qualifications of the wives of Krsna are quite well covcered in the Krsna book, the many pious lives they had led in order to gain the favor of Krsna, many austere births, many lives of honest service to highly advanced mahabhagavatas, to reach the plateau of madurya rasa.

Monkeys and bears even know how ridiculous blah blah blah is.

mahaksadasa

Guruvani says "Blah blah blah". Over and over and over again, all over these topics, what a gruesome person..

Shapeshifting is the single most similarity with all the scriptures, shastras, indigenous folk lores, histories, etc. The veda is full of such wonders, even the bible has references all over the place where shape shifting takes place. Lord Yamaraja, when he decides to test King Yudhisthira, appears as a yaksa (and with the form of a crane). Krsna is fully present as a bumblebee in the groves of lonely gopis.

Considering great devotees and nitya-siddha associates of the Suprreme Lord in terms of bodily concepts is greatly offensive. Just as Lord Varaha assumes the form of a boar to root the earth out of a filthy place, placed there by hiranyaksa, the nitya siddha vaisnavas who come to play with the Supreme Lord in his incarnation Lord Ramachandra "ASSUME" the forms needed to play this role. Because of the boon of Lord Brahma to Ravanasura, he could not be harmed by the demigods. Thus, Ramas associates come as various animals, monkeys, bears, etc, to do away with this demon. These are not monkeys or bears, they are not residents at all of this planet. Their biology is not bound by laws of physics, they do not die like monkeys or bears.

It is also highly offensive to state that the goddess of Fortune, Srimati Jambavani, is a product of mere biological considerations. She controls the world, not the other way around. She is neither gorilla nor is she human. She is not even jiva tattwa, having a special catagory of her own as the internal potency of the Supreme Lord.

I am offended not only by mr blah blah blah's reference to Srimati Jambavati as a gorilla, but even his ridiculous speculations in an area that he is obviously not at all realized in. It is just as offensive to state that Krsna may have made her into a human girl or goddess. What total nonsense. What makes him think krsna is interested in humans? It is certainly not Prabhupadas teachings that humans, any human, are qualified to directly take part in the pastimes of Krsna. The qualifications of the wives of Krsna are quite well covcered in the Krsna book, the many pious lives they had led in order to gain the favor of Krsna, many austere births, many lives of honest service to highly advanced mahabhagavatas, to reach the plateau of madurya rasa.

Monkeys and bears even know how ridiculous blah blah blah is.

mahaksadasa

Jambavan has never been described as any "shapeshifter" which is just a concocted term you have borrowed from who knows where.

Jambavan was the Gorilla king for thousands of years.

He never did any "shapeshifting".

Jambavan was gorilla king and never anything else.

Why should anyone believe that the gorilla king had a human daughter?

It's also very rude of you to be so judgemental about Jambavati and insist that she must be human before you can accept that she can be the wife of Lord Krishna.

Apparently, you have some prejudice towards Vanara females.

What is your problem with Vanara females?

Why does it bother you so much that Lord Krishna married a vanara girl?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna. I've throughly enjoyed reading the posts on this thread, especially from Mahaksadasa Prabhu, Guruvani Prabhu, Theist Prabhu & others - all brilliant writers and thinkers in their own right. There are many intelligent & thoughtful posts here. Not an easy subject to understand, so kudos to everyone for taking the time & effort to help us look at this topic from different points of view. THANK YOU!

Guest guest

Krishna affectionately said to Krutvarman, "I need your help. I have come here with high hopes."

Krutvarman said, "If Prasen has really stolen the Syamantak gem, he would have gone to Jambvan. It is situated on the peak of the Shaktiman Mountains on the northern side. This jungle has wild animals in abundance. Jambvaan is the ruler of Jambvan. He is from the race of the bears. Jambvaan has brought up a girl named Jambvati. She is not from his race. She isn’t a bear. She is a human being. She belongs to the adivasi tribe. Jambvaan had kidnapped her from her family, in her infancy. He had brought her up. She understands the language of bears but cannot speak it. Prasen was infatuated towards Jambvati."

Krutvarman added. "If Prasen would have gone to Jambvan with the Syamantak gem, he may either be in the prison of Jambvaan or might have fallen prey to any accident."

Krishna turned back to see whom it was. Then, the beauty that he saw swept him off his feet. He instantly realized that it was Jambvati. She was as beautiful as Krishna had heard about her. Her protruding breasts, behind the cover of soft leaves looked as if they would burst out any moment. It seemed that the wealth and beauty of the forest, rolled in to one, stood before him, Krishna kept on staring constantly. When Krishna asked about the corpse, Jambvati replied, "This is the corpse of the person who owns the sword." Then, she narrated the love between her and Prasen. She said, "The Syamantak gem was gobbled by the lion who killed Prasen. I talked about it to my father. He found out the lion easily because that portion of the lion’s body where the Syamantak gem was lying looked bright. He killed the lion and took out the Syamantak gem. Now, the Syamantak gem is with my father, Jambvaan."

After listening to Jambvati’s version of the incident, he introduced himself and narrated the charges leveled against him and about his resolve. Krishna asked her to get him the Syamantak gem for some time. She said that no one in her land used to borrow or lend anything.

Then, Krishna expressed his desire to meet her father. At this, Jambvati took him to Jambvaan. She asked him to rest and said that he could meet her father in the evening when the assembly would be held.

The assembly began before sunset. Jambvati told everything to her father. Jambvaan introduced Krishna to everyone and asked him for the reason of his arrival. Krishna narrated the whole story and asked for the Syamantak gem as a loan. The king stated, "Nothing in our land is given or borrowed. Everything is attained by skill. So, if you want the Syamantak gem, you may defeat me in the war and take away the Syamantak gem.

Krishna agreed to wage a war. It was slated for the next day. Thus, the battle began. It went on for 28 days. The war would commence after daybreak, everyday and would stop at dusk. At night, the wounded people were nursed. In this way, twenty-seven days of the battle passed.

During this, Jambvaan told Jambvati, "Krishna has been fighting me since the last twenty seven days. His courage and valor is commendable. Since I first saw Krishna, I felt that he is the right match for you. Now, if you wish, I want to conduct your marriage with Krishna."

Jambvati had been attracted towards Krishna since she had first seen him, but she had not talked about it due to moderation. Thus, when her father asked about it, she willingly accepted the proposal.

It was the twenty-eighth day of the battle with Jambvaan. Within no time the war scenario underwent a transformation. Krishna was being showered with flowers instead of arrows. He was being worshipped. Devotional group songs were being sung. Afterwards, a special function was held to felicitate Krishna. There, he was presented the Syamantak gem. Then, Jambvaan told Krishna that since his daughter had grown up, they were searching a perfect match for her. Moreover, she was from the human race. Thus, they felt that they could not find a better match for her than him. Jambvaan had thought of that from the very first day. He had talked of it in their society, which had whole-heartedly approved it. Then, he offered his daughter to Krishna willingly and whole-heartedly.

Krishna clarified that he had married more than once and he would not be able to make Jambvati the queen of his kingdom.

At this Jambvaan said to Krishna that marrying his daughter Jambvati, was a great pleasure for him. Hearing this, Krishna agreed to the proposal. Jambvati was married off to Krishna on the next day and on the third day they were given a farewell.

Krishna was returning with a prized possession of his life. He got the Syamantak gem and also Jambvati. He was very excited. After crossing the hilly terrains, he directly went to Satrajit’s state.

The soldiers guarding the gate were aghast on seeing Krishna. They had not expected Krishna’s return.The news of his arrival spread like a wild fire all over the town. He came across Kushagra at first and got all the information. Kushagra informed Krishna that Satyabhama used to be very depressed, after his departure. She had left the town since a few days. Satrajit had turned everything upside down in searching her but had failed. He further added, "She might have gone to Dvarka. But, it was not possible to search for her in Dvarka because after your resolve, a ban was imposed on the entry of any person from Satrajit’s town in to Dvarka. All the diplomatic ties too were snapped." Krishna silently heard all this.

Kushagra informed him that here after; he was not among Satrajit’s servants. Krishna instantly asked him to join his service.

Then, Krishna asked Kushagra to announce all over the town that the Syamantak gem which was allegedly stolen by Krishna was to be returned to Satrajit by the next afternoon, in presence of the people. Kushagra instantly made the announcement.

Krishna reached the royal palace after Kushagra’s departure. Satrajit and his Minister’s council welcomed him in a defeated tone. Krishna was surprised to see Satrajit. He greeted and congratulated Krishna. He moved on without replying. Satrajit caught his hand and said, "Won’t you forgive me even now ? It seems that you are still unhappy with me."

Krishna did not reply and came to the guesthouse straightaway. In a short while, Satrajit’s sons Bhangkar and Vattapati came in and tried to gain information about the Syamantak gem in the course of their hospitality. However, all they could know from Krishna was that he would present it before the public on the next day. Then, Satrajit invited him for lunch. Krishna attended the lunch with Jambvati. Before anybody could ask anything about Jambvati, he said, "She is my newly wed wife".

After the meals, Krishna relaxed in his room and explained to Jambvati the way of life followed by mankind and the life style of the royal family. Evening set in amidst the talks. Then, Krishna came out with Raktaksh for a walk in the open air. As a mark of respect towards Krishna people stood up from wherever they passed. Raktaksh remarked, "Each person has changed in a matter of days".

Krishna said that the person hadn’t changed. The circumstances had changed. The person was the same. So, he never considered a person as the doer. He was just the sufferer. The real performer was nature. They performed the role of ‘reason’. Till the day before, he was accused but then, the one who had leveled allegations against him had now become the accused. Amidst these talks, light began to fade. Satrajit and his two sons approached them. Satrajit asked Krishna if the proposed assembly was really necessary. The people already knew of the reality. Then, what was the need of convening an assembly ?

Krishna replied that the assembly was not only essential but also mandatory. He had resolved in front of the people and he had to clarify before them. Secondly, there were many issues, which were confided between the two of them. They were to be told to the people.

At this Satrajit’s suppressed vanity raised its hood. He said that he was not afraid of the truth.

Krishna smiled and said, "You should not be afraid of truth, because when a person fears truth, it becomes offensive".

Satrajit didn’t speak any more and went away silently. However, his commander stayed back. He congratulated Krishna on his success and said, "King Satrajit wants to let the sleeping days lie and begin afresh with a bond of friendship".

Krishna gave out a laugh and said, "Forgetting and making one forget are two different sides of a coin. Making one forget is the deliberate effort of a living mind. Whatever is made to forget deliberately comes back to a person’s mind. Hence, no event or thing should be erased from memory." An abashed commander left the palace after the dialogue.

After commander’s departure, Raktaksh asked doubtfully why Satrajit was so afraid of him.

Krishna replied, "Because he is egoistic. Egotism is that form of anger, which is born out of the weakness of ambitions. It takes birth in weakness, lives in weakness and when it dies, it gives a tinge of weakness. So, Satrajit’s ego gave a tinge of weakness right now."

When Krishna returned to the guestroom, he saw Satyabhama’s personal attendant talking to Jambvati. On seeing him, she rushed out of the backdoor. Jambvati asked him who Satyabhama was. Krishna told her about Satyabhama and kept on pondering over the next day’s assembly. After some time, he felt that someone was approaching his room. On closer inspection, he came to know that she was Satyabhama. She hugged Krishna and cried inconsolably.

When she was able to control herself she said that she had gone to Dvarka and had stayed with your sister Subhadra. She encouraged and supported her. Satyabhama recalled that had it not been for Subhadra, she would have had died by then. She had taught Satyabhama to live against odds. She had said that by running away from life, one could not think of fighting the odds and that if Satyabhama could not fight the odds, there was no point in loving a man, who had taken up the struggles of others on him. Then, she talked about Dvarka and said that Kushagra’s announcement had reached Dvarka. All were thrilled. Subhadra had sent her to meet him with charioteer Daruk, on getting the news.

Krishna became highly appreciative of Subhadra’s presence of mind after the incident. He introduced Satyabhama to Jambvati. Satyabhama was pleased and she greeted Jambvati. Krishna asked her if she felt that her love had been divided.

Satyabhama said that her love could not be divided. It was the synonym of my dedication. No one could divide my dedication. The only wish she had was that wherever he lived, with whomever he lived, he might live happily.

Jambvati was surprised to hear Satyabhama’s words. She kept on staring at Satyabhama.

The next afternoon the assembly gathered. Satrajit addressed it at first, "I regret my wrong doings. I have maligned an honest man. I am remorseful for my actions. If the public can punish a king then, you may punish me." Thus, apologizing in front of masses, Satrajit requested Krishna to display the Syamantak gem.

Krishna showed the Syamantak gem to the people and then handed it over to Satrajit, who confirmed its genuineness publicly. Krishna spoke of the incident. He described how Prasen was killed by a beast. Then, he displayed Prasen’s garments, sword and ornaments. All hailed Krishna.

After Krishna’s speech, Satrajit got up and said, "This Syamantak gem is the giver of health and prosperity. In context of Dvarkadhish, it has got him a wife."

Then he smiled and said, "Hereby, I am marrying off my daughter, Satyabhama to Dvarkadhish, with due respect and on this occasion, I am gifting this Syamantak gem to him". Then, he got up, led Satyabhama by her hand towards Krishna and placed her hand in Krishna’s hand.

This incident came as a surprise for everyone. Krishna and Satyabhama too had not imagined it. The people shouted praises in joy and euphoria.

The next day, Krishna left for Dvarka. He was welcomed like a victorious warrior in Dvarka. He greeted everybody. He gave the Syamantak gem to grandfather. After the welcome and worship rituals, Krishna went to the rest room and met Rukmini. He introduced Jambvati and Satyabhama to her. Rukmini embraced them joyously. Krishna came to know that Duryodhan had come to Dvarka in his absence and had stayed there for long. He used to drink wine regularly with Balram and had regular meetings. He also flattered Balram to no extent. As a result, Balram had fixed Subhadra’s wedding with Duryodhan. Duryodhan’s crookedness had cast a spell on Balram.

Krishna affectionately said to Krutvarman, "I need your help. I have come here with high hopes."

Krutvarman said, "If Prasen has really stolen the Syamantak gem, he would have gone to Jambvan. It is situated on the peak of the Shaktiman Mountains on the northern side. This jungle has wild animals in abundance. Jambvaan is the ruler of Jambvan. He is from the race of the bears. Jambvaan has brought up a girl named Jambvati. She is not from his race. She isn’t a bear. She is a human being. She belongs to the adivasi tribe. Jambvaan had kidnapped her from her family, in her infancy. He had brought her up. She understands the language of bears but cannot speak it. Prasen was infatuated towards Jambvati."

Finally, a good answer besides some goofy story about "shapeshifters" and other assorted fiction stories.

thank-you.

Jambavan was a gorilla.

I was watching shiv mahapuran, and there was a story that jambavati was his wife but she looked like a normal female. The purana shows that shri krishna did penance to please shiva and get the boon of getting a son. and that son would be responsible for the end of yadu dynasty.

I was watching shiv mahapuran, and there was a story that jambavati was his wife but she looked like a normal female. The purana shows that shri krishna did penance to please shiva and get the boon of getting a son. and that son would be responsible for the end of yadu dynasty.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in what I saw on a Hindu movie out of Bollywood.

Siva Purana is amongst the tamasic Puranas that were meant to reach men in the mode of tama guna and give them some sort of religious principles.

Vaishnavas follow the sattvic Puranas that are devoid of such blurred conceptions of Parabrahman.