IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rising the Kundalini Force

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What are some practices that can actually awaken the Fire Snake and if you had any experiences of this awakening how was it?

i heard that when radha was reluctantly leaving krishna to go home one morning, a snake suddenly slithered out of the undergrowth. radha was frightened and ran back into krishna's arms. in this way that snake was doing a service to radha and krishna so that they could be together a little longer.... :)

Guest guest

Nice, more story-telling. What happened to real practice? HOW do you you rise the spiralic force of the Fire Snake? Surely not by reading books :)

Nice, more story-telling. What happened to real practice? HOW do you you rise the spiralic force of the Fire Snake? Surely not by reading books :)

I think all of those bodily yoga exercises from a Krishna Consciousness perspective are seen as for the more ignorant class of men. The bodily yoga excercises are supposed to make them aware they are not the physical body but it seems your inclination with yoga is to attain mystic power of some sort which Krishnas are not interested in or that is what I gather from reading the books.

Guest guest

I went through extremely painfull Kundalini awakening. I don't want to go into details here but I would strongly advice against any practice involving direct work with Kundalini.

Drugs, hatha yoga (pranayama), traumatic experiences, all can awaken Kundalini. The worst thing is that not many yogis seem to know how to help and guide disciple through this traumatic experience.

Experience is intense and under certain circumstances may take positive turn but these circumtances include following very strict ashtanga yoga set of rules.

In my whole life I've never met single westerner who followed these rules. Some even have extremely positive initial awakening to be suddenly thrown into hell after several years of relatively balanced life with Kundalini.

Pain can be so intense on mental and physical level that I find it very difficult to describe.

There are less extreme cases but why taking a risk and wish for something we are not ready for?

I find it much more inteligent to chant Hare Krishna and leave the results to Govinda. It may be impossible for a person to continue with sadhana after traumatic experience with Kundalini. In certain cases though, it may help crushing the ego and showing you powerful forces working beyond nature but I believe that there are easier ways.

However, when I was younger I did not not pay much heed to similar advice given by certain advanced sadhakas.

My awakening was probably caused by use of certain drug plus occult practices including most extreme forms of pranayama.

It is actually not that difficult to awake Kundalini but to live in peace with Kundalini, controling the flow of prana, preserving the virya...those things are the real challenge once Kundalini is awakened.

I went through extremely painfull Kundalini awakening. I don't want to go into details here but I would strongly advice against any practice involving direct work with Kundalini.

Drugs, hatha yoga (pranayama), traumatic experiences, all can awaken Kundalini. The worst thing is that not many yogis seem to know how to help and guide disciple through this traumatic experience.

Experience is intense and under certain circumstances may take positive turn but these circumtances include following very strict ashtanga yoga set of rules.

In my whole life I've never met single westerner who followed these rules. Some even have extremely positive initial awakening to be suddenly thrown into hell after several years of relatively balanced life with Kundalini.

Pain can be so intense on mental and physical level that I find it very difficult to describe.

There are less extreme cases but why taking a risk and wish for something we are not ready for?

I find it much more inteligent to chant Hare Krishna and leave the results to Govinda. It may be impossible for a person to continue with sadhana after traumatic experience with Kundalini. In certain cases though, it may help crushing the ego and showing you powerful forces working beyond nature but I believe that there are easier ways.

However, when I was younger I did not not pay much heed to similar advice given by certain advanced sadhakas.

My awakening was probably caused by use of certain drug plus occult practices including most extreme forms of pranayama.

It is actually not that difficult to awake Kundalini but to live in peace with Kundalini, controling the flow of prana, preserving the virya...those things are the real challenge once Kundalini is awakened.

I had a somewhat similar experience because I use to practice that bodily yoga and was ignorant of devotional service and you awaken that kundalini on accident it is a terrible experience. I saw astral entities and stuff was very terrible. I would strongly advise against it and urge people to try Krishna Consciousnes instead but thats just my opinion.

According to Swami Vivekananda , Prophet Mohammad practised kundalini Yoga without a Guru and hence suffered grieviously.And thats why there are so many terrrible things in the Koran apart from the good things.Swami gives Mohammad's example as a warning to mankind about the risks of practicing Yoga without a Guru.

Internal evidence of the Koran itself suggests Swami might have been right.

For example Mohammad admits to seeing all types of things , hearing voices and tells his wife he is very frightened.She assures him its the angel gabriel speaking to him and he calms down after that.Once he admits all his revelations were due to Satan and not God , and later they were corrected by God.Based on this episode in the Koran Salman Rushdie wrote a novel , The Satanic Verses.Immediately fatwas were issued asking him to be murdered for blaspheming the prophet !!! For saying that the Prophet , who is the most perfect creation of God , who is venerated as the perfect human by muslims all over the world was possessed by Satan !!!

Most muslims hardly read the Koran and if they did they would leave that religion.

Guest guest

Surely divine guidance is necessary at many times (although depending on previous incarnations), but someone can also progress by himself/herself as well. Regarding Kundalini it can be successfully awakened only when the chakras are properly balanced and sealed.

In any other case someone would have the negative experiences being mentioned. Otherwise the results are are beautifull succession of visions (changing as Kundalini passes through different chakras) and the resulting bliss is beyond words...

For success in the tantric path, the yogi tries to please the deity of destructive illusory energy, Kali (or Durga). And the process is rarely carried out to the end. The aspirant must

completely control his physical organs by practicing the sitting postures or fasts of the hatha-yoga process, and this is simply the beginning. The yogi must meditate according to strict rules. He must sit atop a deer skin, kusa grass, and a cotton cloth, and must fix his eves on the tip of his nose. Further, he must renounce all intoxication, gambling, and animal foods, and he must practice celibacy, yes, restraining the sex urge is most important if one is to perfect the so-called yoga of sex. Contrary to much of today’s advertising, physical pleasure is not the true point of hatha-yoga.

When the yogi has complete and utter control of all his external and internal organs, then he must gradually clear his mind of all attractions and repulsions toward material things. He must neither love nor hate anything. Now the guru will advise terrible austerities that test the yogi’s tolerance of heat and cold. If the yogi passes through these calmly, then he begins a still more grueling process.

First, the yogi must cook meat and eat it without relish and also without disgust (since, more than likely, he has been a vegetarian). Then he goes to a cremation ground, where he searches through the ashes until he finds the one part of the human body that does not burn. This is a cylindrical piece of tissue about two inches long and one-half inch thick that is situated behind the navel. It does not get consumed in the flames, but glows with an eerie green light. The yogi must say the appropriate mantras and, without cringing, eat it. Then, at a time prescribed by the guru, he must cook a dead fish in a skull and similarly eat it without disgust. Then he must drink wine without being influenced by its effect. All of this prepares his nerves and emotions and makes him totally indifferent to the urges of the body. Then he kills five animals and makes their heads into a kind of seat. After the yogi sits down, the guru invokes the spirits of the animals, and they attack the yogi’s mind. If he remains sane, he can go on to the next stage - sex.

A yogini (female yogi) who has been trained in the arts of the flesh is called, and under the guidance of the spiritual master, a kind of sex act is performed. During intercourse the yogi must control his mind and constrict his stomach muscles so that he doesn’t lose his seminal fluid but instead removes the woman’s fluid. The yogi keeps the mixture of these two fluids in the base of his spine. There it will eventually enkindle the kundalini (or "serpent power"), which will rise up the spine through the susumna nerve and actually rip the yogi’s soul out of its situation in the heart and then out of the body and into the clear white light. (With their crippled minds, today’s cheaters have misconstrued this severe discipline into a license for orgies.)

Now the yogi sits for meditation and begins raja-yoga. He raises the kundalini force in the spine to the six centers of psychic power. At each of the six cakras, or psychic centers, deities who reside there offer him material powers and pleasures of inconceivable dimension. These are all tricks of Kali (Durga) to divert the yogi from success. When and if his kundalini force reaches the center located at his eyes, the yogi may then prepare for leaving his body. He must now make "the long tongue."

With a sharpened goat’s Tooth, the yogi cuts the septum, or cord of flesh, under his tongue. Day after day he cuts the septum again, so that the tongue can extend higher and higher. As it heals, the yogi cuts further. At last, he can stretch his tongue up to the middle of his nose, then to his eyes. When he can stretch his tongue to his forehead, he is ready. Then by the kundalini force the yogi raises the living soul up to the throat and inserts the "long tongue" in the postnasal passage. This keeps the soul from passing out the mouth, nose, eyes, or ears. Through mystic fire a channel opens, the top of the skull fractures, and the soul enters the clear white light. Once in this light, the yogi will probably make the mistake of thinking that he has become God. Completely forgetting his whole struggle with his body, he will fall immediately into a low form of life like that of a germ or stone. As Srimad-Bhagavatam (10.2.32) informs us. "Because of his impure intelligence, the yogi who would become one with God ultimately falls back down to the material world - no matter how severe the austerities he has performed."

Guruvani,

When I was going through the thread, then I became curious about kundalini yoga. But, after reading your post, I have decided that I won't even try for this yoga if this is what you say. It is horrible. While reading near the end of your post, I even felt a little bit of giddiness.

All the best to those who do this yoga. But I would rather chant, do pujas, and read spiritual books.

Guest guest

What Guruvani posted appears to be a type of Left hand path Kundalini Yoga; practiced by the Aghoris (at least the cremation ground practices).. It does not describe the Kundalini Yoga practices of sects like that of the N. Indian Siddha Yoga (Kashmir Shaivism) school or other schools.

I recommend googling Swami Sivananda, and reading his FREE e-book on Kundalini Yoga.

Guest guest

Guruvani's description is twisted and false. Advise caution in believing such accounts without corroboration.

Guest guest

Guruvani,

When I was going through the thread, then I became curious about kundalini yoga. But, after reading your post, I have decided that I won't even try for this yoga if this is what you say. It is horrible. While reading near the end of your post, I even felt a little bit of giddiness.

All the best to those who do this yoga. But I would rather chant, do pujas, and read spiritual books.

He simply made it up, can't you see? None of this is true.

He simply made it up, can't you see? None of this is true.

Actually, I ripped it off the net from an old article by Acyutananda Swami.

He orginally wrote that article many years ago and I think it appeared in a BTG magazine.

I found it the other day Googling around the web.

Here is the whole article that somebody has published on a web site.

http://www.dci.dk/?artikel=335

Guest guest

Then Achutanada swami made it up.

In the seventies some kundalini yogis traveled to the US and setup schools - mainly on the west coast. Achutanada swami may have written this article in an attempt to draw people away from those schools towards iskcon.

Then Achutanada swami made it up.

In the seventies some kundalini yogis traveled to the US and setup schools - mainly on the west coast. Achutanada swami may have written this article in an attempt to draw people away from those schools towards iskcon.

believe what you want.

you are obviously ignorant of Vamacara Tantra.

Here is an interesting article about one Indan's experience with the tantric path.

http://www.indiadivine.org/hinduism/articles/123/1/Secrets-of-Left-hand-Tantra/

Your "tantric yoga for Americans and profit" is career for certain "yogis" who came to the west to make their living teaching yoga.

It's not really a viable process for awakening the Kundalini energy.

I found this web site that has some good information about the Tantric ways.

http://www.swamij.com/tantra.htm

Guest guest

I don't know about Achutanada Swami bu tI've found very interesting article written by Sri Aurobindo about so called Intermediate zone which explains very well why many yogis fall from the path of Kundalini yoga.

Here are the few excerpts.

"These things, when they pour down or come in, present themselves with a great force, a vivid sense of inspiration or illumination, much sensation of light and joy, an impression of widening and power. The sadhak feels himself freed from the normal limits, projected into a wonderful new world of experience, filled and enlarged and exalted;what comes associates itself, besides, with his aspirations, ambitions, notions of spiritual fulfilment and yogic siddhi; it is represented even as itself that realisation and fulfilment. Very easily he is carried away by the splendour and the rush, and thinks that he has realised more than he has truly done, something final or at least something sovereignly true. At this stage the necessary knowledge and experience are usually lacking which would tell him that this is only a very uncertain and mixed beginning; he may not realise at once that he is still in the cosmic Ignorance, not in the cosmic Truth, much less in the Transcendental Truth...

Overwhelmed by the first rush and sense of power of a supernormal condition, they get dazzled with a little light which seems to them a tremendous illumination or a touch of force which they mistake for the full Divine Force or at least a very great yoga Shakti; or they accept some intermediate Power (not always a Power of the Divine) as the Supreme and an intermediate consciousness as the supreme realisation. Very readily they come to think that they are in the full cosmic consciousness when it is only some front or small part of it or some larger Mind, Life-Power or subtle physical ranges with which they have entered into dynamic connection. Or they feel themselves to be in an entirely illumined consciousness, while in reality they are receiving imperfectly things from above through a partial illumination of some mental or vital plane; for what comes is diminished and often deformed in the course of transmission through these planes; the receiving mind and vital of the sadhak also often understands or transcribes ill what has been received or throws up to mix with it its own ideas, feelings, desires, which it yet takes to be not its own but part of the Truth it is receiving because they are mixed with it, imitate its form, are lit up by its illumination and get from this association and borrowed light an exaggerated value.

The result of this state of mind is that one begins to affirm everything that comes in this mixed and dubious region as if it were all the Truth and the sheer Divine Will; the ideas or the suggestions that constantly repeat themselves are expressed with a self-assertive absoluteness as if they were Truth entire and undeniable. There is an impression that one has become impersonal and free from ego, while the whole tone of the mind, its utterance and spirit are full of vehement self-assertiveness justified by the affirmation that one is thinking and acting as an instrument and under the inspiration of the Divine. Ideas are put forward very aggressively that can be valid to the mind, but are not spiritually valid; yet they are stated as if they were spiritual absolutes. For instance, equality, which in that sense - for yogic Samata is a quite different thing - is a mere mental principle, the claim to a sacred independence, the refusal to accept anyone as Guru or the opposition made between the Divine and the human Divine etc., etc. All these ideas are positions that can be taken by the mind and the vital and turned into principles which they try to enforce on the religious or even the spiritual life, but they are not and cannot be spiritual in their nature...

It is possible for the whole attitude and action and utterance to be so surcharged with the errors of this intermediate zone that to go farther on this route would be to travel far away from the Divine and from the yoga. "

Guest guest

believe what you want.

you are obviously ignorant of Vamacara Tantra.

Vamacara Tantra is only one school associated with Kundalini Yoga. You obviously are not well-educated in Kundalini Yoga and just spamming ISKCON rhetoric, which frequently condemns or belittles all other Yoga paths except their own.

Kundalini Yoga practices as practiced by groups like the Siddha Yoga (Kashmir sect) is not like you describe. In Siddha Yoga, the Guru helps Awaken the Kundalini FOR YOU thru Shaktipat-diksha.. Afterward, you are given meditation practices on your Third Eye to help you realize the Self within (and ultimately which permeates ALL).. The shaktipat, Kundalini Awakening, that the Guru gives you, is what starts you on your path of Self-Realization. It is not required to follow all types of rigid rules and regulations to awaken the Kundalini in Siddha Yoga practice. Siddha Yoga is for all people, regardless of race, caste, or background..

What is Shaktipat?

Shaktipat or Shaktinipata is a Sanskrit word that refers to the act of a guru or spiritual teacher conferring a form of spiritual "power" or awakening on a disciple/student. "Shakti" translates as energy and "pat" as touch. Shaktipat can be carried out by the spiritually enlightened master either by transmission of sacred word or mantra, a look, a thought or by touch. The touch is usually given to the ajna chakra or third eye of the disciple.

The main practices of Siddha Yoga include:

Meditation – The form of meditation practiced is silent with attention focused on a mantra and/or on the flow of breath. The mantra most often used for meditation is the mantra Om Namah Shivaya.

Chanting – Students chant sanskrit mantras which can either be Nama Sankirtana (chants that consist of short sanskrit phrases) or swadhyaya (chanting of longer texts). The texts include the Guru Gita, morning and evening Arati, Shree Rudram, and the Kundalini Stavaha.

seva – Students practice seva through volunteer work at either an ashram or a center in their city. Seva can also mean any service done as an offering to God.

----------------

There are even Sikhs who practice Kundalini Yoga. Google Yogi Bhajan. As anyone knows Sikhs condemn any extreme practices...

Guest guest

Yes, there are people who got phisically and mentally harmed by yogic practices. But how many people got phisically and mentally harmed in vaisnava groups, by abuse, by bogus gurus etc? And I am not referring ONLY to Iskcon, ladies and gentleman. So if someone totally wants to avoid dangers, one should avoid Krsna consciousness as well. The propaganda that "every other process is bad except for HK" is just a cheap trick to recruit people who work and donate.

Yes, there are people who got phisically and mentally harmed by yogic practices. But how many people got phisically and mentally harmed in vaisnava groups, by abuse, by bogus gurus etc? And I am not referring ONLY to Iskcon, ladies and gentleman. So if someone totally wants to avoid dangers, one should avoid Krsna consciousness as well. The propaganda that "every other process is bad except for HK" is just a cheap trick to recruit people who work and donate.

When I say it is better to try Krsna Consciousness I mean perform sankirtana yajna or chanting, not joining a cult where you get harmed by the other members. For me chanting has been an easier path than bodily yoga practices and after having read a lot of Srimad Bhagavatam I feel kind of foolish for the yogic practices I pursued when I was younger as I was completely ignorant of what yoga actually is so at least Srimad Bhagavatam has cleared that up. But you do make a good point.

Guest guest

Read Gopi Krishna's books on kundalini, they are pretty informative. You don't need to follow such severe austerities that Guruvani listed, that's just one path. If God wills it, the kundalini will arise in you, and it may be heaven or hell for you depending on your karma. You have to go through the fire in order to taste the nectar.

Read Gopi Krishna's books on kundalini, they are pretty informative. You don't need to follow such severe austerities that Guruvani listed, that's just one path. If God wills it, the kundalini will arise in you, and it may be heaven or hell for you depending on your karma. You have to go through the fire in order to taste the nectar.

Not trying to be preachy or put down your path in anyway but this passage in Srimad Bhagavatam describes the special advantage of devotional service and is part of the reason I no longer care at all about bodily yoga.

"A special advantage in devotional service is that devotees not only enjoy the transcendental pastimes of the Lord by hearing and chanting and glorifying them, but also are not very much attached to their bodies, unlike the yogīs, who are too attached to the body and who think that by performing bodily gymnastic exercises they will advance in spiritual consciousness. Yogīs are generally not very much interested in devotional service; they want to regulate the breathing process. This is simply a bodily concern. Here Dhruva Mahārāja plainly says that a devotee has no more bodily interest. He knows that he is not the body. From the very beginning, therefore, without wasting time in bodily exercises, a devotee searches out a pure devotee and simply by his association becomes more advanced in spiritual consciousness than any yogī. Because a devotee knows that he is not the body, he is never affected by bodily happiness or distress. He is not interested in bodily relationships with wife, children, home, bank balance, etc., or in the distress and happiness which come from these things. This is the special advantage of being a devotee. This status of life is possible only when a person is interested in associating with a pure devotee, who always enjoys the fragrance of the lotus feet of the Lord."

SB4.9.13

I read his book many years ago.

If you know anything about the life and experience of Gopi Krishna, I doubt that you would want anything to do with any kind of Kundalini experience as he had.

Read this short biography and make up your own mind.

http://www.om-guru.com/html/saints/gopi.html

Guest guest

Hi All, Accidently I got a chance to see this site and I am seeing lot discussions are going on regarding Kundalini Raising. I have got initiation from my Guru and Kundalini is raised. I am experiencing good. Guru's guidence is very much needed to practice this Yoga. If any of you are really interested, please contact me thro mail. I will send u the details.

My mail ID : pjp_eee@rediffmail.com

Guest guest

I read his book many years ago.

If you know anything about the life and experience of Gopi Krishna, I doubt that you would want anything to do with any kind of Kundalini experience as he had.

I know Gopi Krishna's experiences pretty well. And yes, he had a kundalini awakening that went awry. That doesn't mean that he was tortured for all of his life though. He suffered for a long time, and no doubt I wouldn't want to suffer anywhere as much as he did, so of course if I were interested in actually raising the kundalini I would proceed with caution. However, his experiences were not all bad. In the later years, he was full of bliss, and he wrote many books on his experiences and insights into kundalini. The kundalini rites that you posted earlier are what I would call an intentional discouragement to the path of kundalini, except for those who are highly motivated to do it. However, kundalini, as Gopi Krishna asserts, isn't guaranteed by undertaking such a path, no matter how eager you may be. It will arise only when it wants to, and many times it will arise in a way not at all alike the rites you have posted.

As was the purpose of my initial post on the subject, I was just pointing out how it's unnecessary to undergo those rituals in order to arise the kundalini force. There are far easier ways, and probably much less dangerous ways to achieve this goal.