IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why does KRSNA not reveal Himself to me as I've been chanting for many years???

Rate this topic

It depends on what you mean by Krishna revealing himself. I have had various people come into my life that I realize later were helping to guide me but at the time I didn't realize how significant they were. Sometimes I even wonder if it was Krishna in disguise so to speak. I don't know for sure but they did and said things that in essence were pure magic and it wasn't till after they were gone that I realized the significance of their presence. So in a sense I feel like Krishna has revealed himself to me although not in his four handed form or anything.
In the 11th chapter of Bhagavad Gita Krsna shows Arjuna his Universal Form. But Arjuna being a devotee of Krsna in his human like nara lila two handed form after experiencing the Universal Form wanted Krsna to appear again in his two handed form. Krsna then explains that His original two handed form can only be revealed to one who has attained the level of undivided devotional service. Here are the verses:

BG 11.51: When Arjuna thus saw Kṛṣṇa in His original form, he said: O Janārdana, seeing this humanlike form, so very beautiful, I am now composed in mind, and I am restored to my original nature.

BG 11.52: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Arjuna, this form of Mine you are now seeing is very difficult to behold. Even the demigods are ever seeking the opportunity to see this form, which is so dear.

BG 11.53: The form you are seeing with your transcendental eyes cannot be understood simply by studying the Vedas, nor by undergoing serious penances, nor by charity, nor by worship. It is not by these means that one can see Me as I am.

BG 11.54: My dear Arjuna, only by undivided devotional service can I be understood as I am, standing before you, and can thus be seen directly. Only in this way can you enter into the mysteries of My understanding.

Guest guest

Yea, actually he did. ;)

How sure are you that it was Krishna? How was the whole experience?

Supreme mood do not sweet. Krisna revealing himself many ways.

Direct darsan it it not simply. If some speak "I'm see Lord Caitanya", but do not preach or distribute books SP, is deceiver. It is test. Any who preach or distribute books SP will be see Lord Caitanya, any who see Lord Caitanya preach or distribute books SP. Needs follow uttma - mahabhagavata or His real followers.

What is that extra special taste and mellow (nama-prema-rasa) in the pure chanting (suddha-nama) that the pure un-alloyed devotee (maha-bhagavata bhakta) is relishing??? It must indeed be something completely ouside of this material realm, that which a conditioned soul has and can never experience with contaminated senses!:)

<CENTER>
Only by Unalloyed D
evotional
S
ervice
</CENTER><CENTER>
</CENTER><CENTER>
</CENTER><CENTER>
bhaktya tu ananyaya sakya
</CENTER><CENTER>
aham evam-vidho 'rjuna
</CENTER><CENTER><DT>
jnatum drastum ca tattvena
</DT><DT>
pravestum ca parantapa
</DT><DT>
</DT></CENTER>

Lord Krishna said only by unalloyed devotional service can I be understood as I am and can be seen directly. Only in this way can one enter into the mystery of my understanding.

Bhagavad-Gita 11:54

Would'nt that be the greatest type of fear for the devotee: to lose the ruci(taste) for chanting due to offenses...:eek3:

I remember in the beginning I had so much more taste, more fervour, more of a genuine call for mercy...what the hell happened to me after all these years?:confused:

Would'nt that be the greatest type of fear for the devotee: to lose the ruci(taste) for chanting due to offenses...:eek3:

I remember in the beginning I had so much more taste, more fervour, more of a genuine call for mercy...what the hell happened to me after all these years?:confused:

Partially it may be the forces Hare Krishnas are up against being that Hare Krishnas are such a small portion of the population and if Vedas are true then 99% of the people in the Kali-yuga are missing the point of life so it is a very difficult task you fellows are faced up against so I can understand if your enthusiasm takes a hit from time to time especially given that apparently Iskcon fell apart leaving Hare Krishnas kind of scattered all around without much of a centralized structure and force to create an environment where it is easier to find good association etc.

I remember in the beginning I had so much more taste, more fervour, more of a genuine call for mercy...what the hell happened to me after all these years?:confused:by krsna

I thought at one stage I had ruci. Then I realized I had no steadiness. Then it dawned on me the offences are clearing.

Then I woke up to the fact I had minimal sadhu-sangha to see if my offences were really clearing (thx to the words of kulapavana prabhu's wisdom). Then on a really bad day I wonder if I have any deep faith at all.

Maybe after all these years all I have been tasting is a glimpse of all this, directly from the compassionate mind of Srila Gurudeva.

What will happen if I dont exercise the faith - that Sri Guru is sadhu! Maybe there is the greatest offence!:crying2: But even then he shines and shows a glimpse of Sri Bhaktidevi due to the nature within his heart - compassion.

That is why the vaisnava lives forever in sound - Sri Madhurya Kadambini - click here

Rupa Goswami says to chant naam in the direct association of those unto whom the lord has already revealed himself -- tadanurAgi janAnugAmi, kAlam nayed akhilam ityupadeshSa sAram!

This is the essence of all advice.

Gradually, you will progress from sraddha, sadhu sanga, bhajan kriya, and eventually reach prema. But the key is to associate as much as possible as sincerely as possible, with one who has all these things. How much you receive that opportunity of course, depends on how much sukrti you have. It may take several lifetimes but stay strong.

Rupa Goswami says to chant naam in the direct association of those unto whom the lord has already revealed himself -- tadanurAgi janAnugAmi, kAlam nayed akhilam ityupadeshSa sAram!

This is the essence of all advice.

Gradually, you will progress from sraddha, sadhu sanga, bhajan kriya, and eventually reach prema. But the key is to associate as much as possible as sincerely as possible, with one who has all these things. How much you receive that opportunity of course, depends on how much sukrti you have. It may take several lifetimes but stay strong.

:pray:

All of Me, namely My actual eternal form and My transcendental existence, color, qualities and activities -- let all be awakened within you by factual realization, out of My causeless mercy.

PURPORT

The secret of success in understanding the intricacies of knowledge of the Absolute Truth, the Personality of Godhead, is the causeless mercy of the Lord. Even in the material world, the father of many sons discloses the secret of his position to the pet sons. The father discloses the confidence unto the son whom he thinks worthy. An important man in the social order can be known by his mercy only. Similarly, one must be very dear to the Lord in order to know the Lord.

The Lord is unlimited; no one can know Him completely, but one's advancement in the transcendental loving service of the Lord can make one eligible to know the Lord. Here we can see that the Lord is sufficiently pleased with Brahmaji, and therefore He offers His causeless mercy to him so that Brahmaji may have the factual realization of the Lord by His mercy only.

In the Vedas also it is said that a person cannot know the Absolute Truth Personality of Godhead simply by dint of mundane education or intellectual gymnastics. One can know the Supreme Truth if one has unflinching faith in the bona fide spiritual master as well as in the Lord. Such a faithful person, even though illiterate in the mundane sense, can know the Lord automatically by the mercy of the Lord.

In the Bhagavad-gita also, it is said that the Lord reserves the right of not being exposed to everyone, and He keeps Himself concealed from the faithless by His yoga-maya potency.

To the faithful the Lord reveals Himself in His form, quality and pastimes. The Lord is not formless, as wrongly conceived by the impersonalist, but His form is not like one that we have experienced. The Lord discloses His form, even to the extent of measurement, to His pure devotees, and that is the meaning of yavan, as explained by Srila Jiva Gosvami, the greatest scholar of Srimad-Bhagavatam.

The Lord discloses the transcendental nature of His existence. The mundane wranglers make mundane conceptions of the form of the Lord. It is said in the revealed scriptures that the Lord has no mundane form; therefore persons with a poor fund of knowledge conclude that He must be formless. They cannot distinguish between the mundane form and the spiritual form.

According to them, without a mundane form one must be formless. This conclusion is also mundane because formlessness is the opposite conception of form. Negation of the mundane conception does not establish a transcendental fact.

In the Brahma-samhita it is said that the Lord has a transcendental form and that He can utilize any one of His senses for any purpose. For example, He can eat with His eyes, and He can see with His leg. In the mundane conception of form, one cannot eat with one's eyes or see with his leg. That is the difference between the mundane body and the spiritual body of sac-cid-ananda.

A spiritual body is not formless; it is a different type of body, of which we cannot conceive with our present mundane senses. Formless therefore means devoid of mundane form, or possessing a spiritual body of which the nondevotee can have no conception by the speculative method.

The Lord discloses to the devotee His unlimited varieties of transcendental bodies, all identical with one another with different kinds of bodily features. Some of the transcendental bodies of the Lord are blackish, and some of them are whitish. Some of them are reddish, and some are yellowish. Some of them are four-handed and some of them two-handed. Some of them are like the fish, and some are like the lion. All these different transcendental bodies of the Lord, without any differential category, are disclosed to the devotees of the Lord by the mercy of the Lord, and thus the impersonalists' false arguments claiming the formlessness of the Supreme Truth do not appeal to a devotee of the Lord, even though such a devotee may not be very advanced in devotional service.

The Lord has unlimited numbers of transcendental qualities, and one of them is His affection for His unalloyed devotee. In the history of the mundane world we can appreciate His transcendental qualities. The Lord incarnates Himself for the protection of His devotees and for the annihilation of the faithless. His activities are in relationship with His devotees. Srimad-Bhagavatam is full of such activities of the Lord in relationship with His devotees, and the nondevotees have no knowledge of such pastimes.

The Lord lifted the Govardhana Hill when He was only seven years old and protected His pure devotees at Vrindavana from the wrath of Indra, who was overflooding the place with rain. Now this lifting of the Govardhana Hill by a seven-year-old boy may be unbelievable for the faithless, but for the devotees it is absolutely believable.

The devotee believes in the almighty potency of the Lord, while the faithless say that the Lord is almighty but do not believe it. Such men with a poor fund of knowledge do not know that the Lord is the Lord eternally and that one cannot become the Lord by meditation for millions of years or by mental speculation for billions of years.

The impersonal interpretation of the mundane wranglers is completely refuted in this verse because it is clearly stated here that the Supreme Lord has His qualities, form, pastimes and everything that a person has. All these descriptions of the transcendental nature of the Personality of Godhead are factual realizations by the devotee of the Lord, and by the causeless mercy of the Lord they are revealed to His pure devotee, and to no one else.:pray:

(Srimad-Bhagavatam 2.9.32 and Purport)